Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I AM THAT I AM

Author Topic: I AM THAT I AM
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to be honest... why God created anyone or anything to exist beside (them)selves (himself) is beyond me. Look at what a pain we are even the best of... well... us (I don't consider myself best anything).

Before God created anything... God was all that existed. So, in a sense, pantheism was sort of true back then. But once God created one thing to exist other than God's self... pantheism was was pantsed.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

There is one God. Three persons / individuals who are the one God. All named YHVH (think of it like a surname). Described devoid of familiar terms:

God person A (who became the Father)
God person B (who became the Son)
God person C (the Holy Spirit)

It's not the three headed beast as described by the blasphemer-founder of LDS... who went on to preach polytheism and that we too could become Gods...

"God" is more of a nature than a name or a persona. See how we are the victims of our terminology? If you were to describe the nature of the Almighty in a single term (like you would say of us "human") what word would you use?

Answer: God.

So when you are addressing the Almighty as "God" it is like our being addressed "man" or "human" or like when Jesus addressed his mother "woman what have I to do with thee?"

We also tend to complicate our understanding of God not only as thought "God" were a name... but that God is one per person (one person per God) and so three in one one in three arguments by the cultists can twist a Bible believer into a doctrinal pretzel in the space of an hour or two.

This is where I teach that we must alter out thinking to fit the biblical facts. "God" is the nature of divinity. Like saying "man" (generic) the nature of humanity. So there is no limit to the number of individuals who are God.

There is still only one God here so this is not polytheism. And the Bible teaches us that there are only three who are the one God.

This is not Tritheism either (3 Gods). We have to fit our thinking to the facts like we do when we are considering the Adams family of 7000 years ago in Eden...

All of humanity, mankind, "man" in the one family of Adam (which were four in persons Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel). Four families? No. One family.

Beginning to get the picture?

The Bible also tells us that beside that which was and is God... there ain't no more and there ain't gonna be no more. Isaiah 43 - 46.

The preincarnate Jesus (God the Word) speaking for the Godhead as an individual.

Isaiah 43:10-11 (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Sadly most Churches won't touch Trinitarian theology even seminaries won't... and this allows falsehood to run amok.

I have all the biblical references to back all this up as it was all discovered from studying the Bible (under the tutelage of the Author the Holy Spirit of course).

See? Most believers don't realize there are certain offices held uniquely by the different persons of the Godhead... like the Creator being the preincarnate Jesus for example... and the Author of the Bible being the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21). And the Father being the one who created the body of the incarnate Jesus (John 1:14 / Hebrews 10:5-7).

These bolster the the biblical evidences that the persons of the Godhead are unique individuals distinct from the other and not modalism as the sabellianists (Oneness types) try to pawn off on the Godhead.

John Hale
unregistered

We fall victim to our familiarity of terms and from our perspective of historic events.

What I am referring to is dyed in the wool Trinitarian theology based on the Bible accounts and thought out further than most Churches, denominations, or creeds carry the doctrine.

God the Son for example... was God and is God from all eternity past to eternity future. But he was not the eternal Son. A lot of otherwise sound doctrine holders fall for that blasphemy that Jesus was the Son from all eternity past. Despite all the biblical evidence to the contrary.

Hebrews 1 (KJV)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

John Hale
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
God is the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one.

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice that God said let US make man in OUR Image. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit were all part of God from the beginning.
betty

And Isaiah 44:24?

Isaiah 44:24 (KJV)
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

How about this?

John 1:14 (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Let "us" make man in "our" image means two omniscient persons referring to the image of the Christ incarnation the Father would make some 4000 years into the future and the body of Adam that the Word (who would 4000 years later become the Christ) was about to make in Eden in the likeness of the incarnate Christ (which the Father would make in 4000 years and the Word would become in 4000 years making him the Son).

Do you follow?

John Hale
unregistered

Proverbs 26:27 (KJV)
27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show me in the Bible where Jesus took credit for the creation going bad?

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one.

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice that God said let US make man in OUR Image. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit were all part of God from the beginning.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

It also makes sense why he was the one who took responsibility for the creation going wrong (at the hand of the devil and man). We are HIS creation, not the Father and not the Holy Spirit... so that is why the Word became the Son in the incarnation and became the sacrifice to appease the wrath of God.
John Hale
unregistered

'ehyeh asher 'ehyeh

...the state of being past present future because of that state of being past present future...

All else is (exists) because [he] is (exists).

The first and the last...

Who was and is and is to come...

These are all pointing to the same statement in Exodus 3:13-15.

Exodus 3:13-15 (NKJV)
13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

YHVH is the "he is" of the "I AM" of YAH or 'eyeh asher 'ehyeh.

And many Hebrew names have the YAH in it. We are unaware of it in our Bibles today because the language has been sifted through so many previous languages...

JESUS for example is the English for the Latin JESOUS from the Greek IESOUS from the Hebrew Y'SHUA / YESHUA shortened for YEHOSHUA.

YEHO SHUA (YHVH or JEHOVAH SAVES).

YAH (since the vowels are not as emphasized in Hebrew and in ancient Hebrew did not exist) can be found in many forms in the Hebrew language:

YAH, YEH, YEHO, YAHU, and in the transliteration to modern English IAH.

J and I and Y over the transliteration find themselves interchangeable. Isaiah and Jeshiah are one and the same for example. Oh, I forgot to mention that "s" and "sh" in Hebrew are virtually interchangeable and often the product of a dialect (often between Judean Jews and outlander Jews).

The actual name of Isaiah in Hebrew is Yishayahu. And is similar to Yehoshua YHVH saves and Yishayahu is salvation of YHVH.

Hosea / Hoshea are centroid of yeHOSHua save or salvation...

Hosanna is actuall the cry to save now (hosha nah) and in a way saying "Jesus!"

By the way... in case you are wondering who in the Triune (Trinity) Godhead it was talking to Moses in the burning bush...

John 8:58 (NKJV)
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

This is also the one in the Godhead who created all things created by himself alone:

Isaiah 44:24 (NKJV)
24 Thus says the Lord (YHVH), your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am (I AM / YAH) the Lord (YHVH), who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;

To further back this:

John 1:1-3 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Colossians 1:15 (NKJV)
15 He is the {visible} image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

{visible added considering Colossians 2:9 and other verses}

Colossians 1:16 (NKJV)
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

He was the one in the Godhead who created all things created... so God created all things through him... meaning he was the one in the God head who did the creatin'

[Smile]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement