Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » we must put our head in the empty yoke space next to Jesus's yoke space

Author Topic: we must put our head in the empty yoke space next to Jesus's yoke space
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 21 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[roll on floor] [pound] [roll on floor]
the yokes on you

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A yoke is also what they tell you on April fools day. [roll on floor]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden , good topic

A Sunday school teacher read Matthew 11:30 to the children in her class, and then asked: "Jesus said, 'My yoke is easy.' Who can tell me what a yoke is?" A boy raised his hand and replied, "A yoke is something they put on the necks of animals so they can help each other."

Then the teacher asked, "What is the yoke Jesus puts on us?" A quiet little girl raised her hand and said, "It is God putting His arm around us."

When Jesus came, He offered an "easy" and "lighter" yoke compared to the yoke of the religious leaders (Matthew 11:30). They had placed "heavy burdens" of laws on the people (Matthew 23:4; Acts 15:10), which no one could possibly keep.

God knew we would never be able to measure up to His standards (Romans 3:23), so He sent Jesus to this earth. Jesus obeyed His Father's commands perfectly and bore the punishment of death for our sins. As we humble ourselves and recognize our need for forgiveness, Jesus comes alongside us. He places His yoke on us, freeing us from guilt and giving us His power to live a life that's pleasing to God.

Are you in need of Jesus' help? He says, "Come to Me . . . . Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me" (Matthew 11:28-29). He longs to put His arm around you
— Anne Cetas

Heavy is the load of guilt
That sinners have to bear;
Light and easy is the yoke
That Jesus wants to share. —D. De Haan

God's easy yoke does not fit on a stiff neck.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

The other day a preacher had a picture of a donkey that had a yoke on its neck, one with a yoke space for the donkey and the other yoke space was empty, but at the top the yoke was joined together.

The preacher said, Think of the Living Jesus already being in one yoke space and you put yourself in the other yoke space.

And then let the Living Jesus next to you, guide you by way of the Holy Spirit, into green pastures beside quiet waters and let the Living Jesus guide you in such a fine way that "He prepares a table for you in the midst of your enemies".

Most Christians think that they will get to those green pastures and to that table from just reading the Written Word of God. But that is not enough.

It takes putting ourselves in the yoke with the Living Jesus in heaven and only THEN can He guide us to those green pastures and to that table.

Jeremiah 10:23
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walks to direct his steps.

Proverbs 1:31
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Just reading the Word of God is not enough. Once we are saved, we must stop leaning on our own understanding ("stop leaning on the data gathered by our 5 senses") and instead we must let Jesus:

Psalm 32
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with My eye.

Only when we say to Jesus, "Lord, You can see everything and You know the future; YOU teach me which way I should go and YOU send me YOUR thoughts as YOU guide me with YOUR eye to those green pastures and to that table, because I cannot get there by reading the Written Word of God alone; I need YOUR mind to get there, thank You, Lord, Amen."

And that is also what Jesus Himself did:

John 8:28
Jesus to them, When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Nyself; but as My Father has taught Me, I speak these things.

John 5:19
Then Jesus said to them, ... The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do: for whatsoever things He does, these also does the Son likewise.

Jesus as the Son of man NEVER based His decisions on "his own understanding" or on "what he could understand from his own 5 senses". Jesus knew that His Father God could see everything from up in heaven, so as His Father "taught him" and "guided him", that's what Jesus did and said.

And we should do likewise. The Living Jesus is now in heaven, just WAITING for the Christians to say, "Okay, Lord, I will no longer lean on my own understanding, but I will let YOU send me YOUR thoughts and ways through the Holy Spirit", and what we see Jesus do and say, that we also do, just as Jesus did with His Father. Then we can truly say:

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

This would be impossible to do from just the Written Word. When Jesus said He was doing what He saw the Father do, Jesus was NOT referring to the Old Testament but to what the Father was showing Jesus from moment to moment:

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in His way.

Colossians 1:18
And He is the head of the body, the church ...

Whose head are you using? Your own, or Jesus's head? When we put our neck's in the empty yoke space next to Jesus, then Jesus will lead us to the green pastures, because only He knows the way there. He can see everything and He knows the future.

Job 12:13
With him is wisdom and strength, he has counsel and understanding.

Hebrews 4:10
For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke upon you and learn from ME ...

John 10:27
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

well ... yeah, Jesus, You are right next to me, that's why I hear Your voice ...

But what of those who continue to lean on their own understanding (i.e., they continue to do their own thinking based on the date gathered by their 5 senses), what about those who "continue to lean on their own understanding"?

Jesus will say to them, "I never knew you, you were never in the yoke beside Me"?

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you who work iniquity.

But why were they working iniquity? Because all who lean on their own understanding automatially create "iniquity". Without God's input, we make "sinful" decisions.

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you who work iniquity.

Instead, we should say to the Lord, "Lord, instruct me and teach me which way I need to go and guide me with Your eye" and by faith I will expect that You will do as You promised in Psalm 32:8 and that You will "guide me into green pastures beside quiet waters" and that You will "prepare a table for me among my enemies", hallelujah.

Lord, please allow me to put my neck in the open yoke space next to You!!

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement