Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the plurality of religions

Author Topic: the plurality of religions
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading an interesting Christian book about the role of Christianity among the plurality of religions on earth.

There are people out there who say something like this, "it is good to have a religion, but it does not matter which religion you have, but almost all cultures have one."

There are then, as it were, many roads to the top in the knowledge of God.

For instance, India has a very long tradition of Hindu religion and other religions with numerous gods, and all these religions "mostly peacefully" coexist together with their numerous gods.

So an Indian might say, "Why should I believe a religion that comes out of a small country like Israel, over my cultural religions which have an even longer or as long a tradition?!?"

Why indeed believe a religion which comes out of a small country like Israel?

One thing that some of these other religions have done is to co-opt Jesus by making Jesus a personality in their own religion, but never more than an Adam-and-Eve-descended Prophet.

So Hinduism and yoga religions co-opt Jesus as being a Master (but descended from Adam and Eve) and Islam co-opts Jesus as a prophet (probably not with a capital "p").

So why should any culture with its own religions believe in the religion of a tiny country like Israel?

What can we say to other religions that they will believe that Christianity is "THE" religion to believe in, that Christianity will be the religion that alone will stand victorious and proven true at some point in the future? Why choose Christianity above your cultural religion?

Among the plurality of religions on earth, why is Christianity the only true one? How does one prove it?

For me, it was reading the Bible over and over until faith rose up that the writers of the Bible were honest and truthful, that Jesus would come again when this part of history ends and take over the earth and rule the earth from Jerusalem, including Jesus will rule over the nation of India:

Psalm 2:9
You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27
And he {Jesus} shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 12:5
And she brought forth a manchild, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:15
And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword that with it he {Jesus] should smite the nations and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; and he tread the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

When one reads the Bible one can come to believe that Christianity is higher than ANY of the plurality of religions.

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Steady Bible reading is one way to overcome the plurality of religions. It is for instance interesting that per capita, there are so many Christians in South Korea. How is it that the South Koreans were so easily able to give up their cultural religion or religions?

"Why should I believe a religion that comes out of a small country like Israel, over my cultural religions which have an even longer or as long a tradition?!?"

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement