Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Loving others

Author Topic: Loving others
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good post, byfaith.

Sometimes it takes the grace of God to allow us to help others who don't love us, lol.

It's hard sometimes to look past your perceptions of other peoples flaws and do good for them, but that is what we have been called to do.

Thanks for this post and your time in posting, it was very uplifting.

God-bless.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this somewhere and it seems to fit.

It's easy to be kind and good
To those who show us love,
But loving those who won't respond
Takes grace from God above. --Sper

Love helps those who may never return the favor.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard one preacher say recently on TV, "be willing to let someone else have THEIR way now and then, even if it's not YOUR way and you would not do it that way; just let it go." That would be one way where we would "love more than the publicans".

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Byfaith,
That verse tells us that Jesus wants us to love like He loves........without partiality. It is a high calling, but with the help of the Holy Spirit and a determination to remain committed to the cause of Christ, it is attainable. Our hope is that our witness of the love of God leads to more and more opportunites to share our testimony of faith in Jesus.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful idea, may the Lord bless your endeavor and bring home Jesus' point to your kids. Showing the love of Christ to those you do not know or to those who possibly may even not like you is fulfillment of this rule He was emphasizing. If you were homeless would you want someone to minister to your needs??? Amen.

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 5:46
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

I wanted to get some insight on this verse from others.

What impact has it had in your life?

I am taking my girls to a homeless kitchen to serve, we want to show how Jesus would regard treating others that we do not know/or would not have any way of repaying favor.

How some think that doing favors for friends and family are just the same.

I say they are not and God sees them differently.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement