Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Amazing Dream!!!

Author Topic: Amazing Dream!!!
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 18 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thank you for sharing your dream!
Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel, thank you for sharing your dream and story with us.

The Holy Spirit and God work in mysterious ways sometimes and know just how to touch our lives to send us down a certain path.

God is great and God is good.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mentors Riddle,
I know that that you put this post up a while ago, but it caught my attention as I was scrolling through some of our "oldies". There is a sense in which I can relate to a dream of this nature...........

In my dream, I was being "taken back in time" to when I was about 10-11 yrs. old. We were in court and the judge just made his decision to remove us 4 kids from my biological mom and dad. I heard my mother groan and cry (just like it was in real life) at the decision of the judge, and "I felt like I felt my mother's pain of separation" and tears began to roll profusely down my cheeks......my wife woke me up, and I could not stop from crying even with her consolation. I told my wife that I had believed that the Holy Spirit wanted me to understand how heartbroken my mother(who was diagnosed with schizophrenia) was to lose us kids. The effect that this dream had on me was profound in the sense that I believe that the Holy Spirit desires that I relate to people with an understanding of the inner pains that people deal with that nobody may even know about. When I was actually in the courtroom when the judge made the decision, it was surreal. I was numb and I had to get out because I could not bear to hear my mom cry like that..........but the dream "did not allow me to escape" but took me into my mothers heart, and shared with me her pain of loss , and I believe He(the Holy Spirit) did this to strengthen my passion for the hurting soul.

I really believe that if a dream leads towards a deepening of your intimacy with the Lord or towards a stronger passion for the lost.......that the Holy Spirit has lit the flame.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Carol.

It was truly an inspirational dream.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one thing to think about what Jesus Christ did for us; it's something else to "live" through it.

God bless you. I pray your dream, and your post, will touch the hearts of many for the glory of His kingdom.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I had a very profound dream last night, which I only remembered while listening to a Christian Ministry on my way into work this morning.

The dream goes as follows.

I was being drug down a dark corridor – men at both sides gripping my arms and forcing me forward.
I knew I was headed for crucifixion because of my sins.

As we entered the final preparation room, where I was sure I was about to be nailed to a cross, I looked up and said, “I am not the one.”

The men in the room looked at each other then back at me.
A since of realization came into their eyes as they agreed, “No, you are not the one.”

Then I woke up from the dream.

As I said earlier, I remembered the dream while driving to work and listening to Christian Ministries on the radio.

The man on the radio said, “Only Jesus could have saved you from your sins.”

I instantly remembered the dream.

When I said, “I am not the one.” I was referring to Jesus Christ – saying that HE is the one.

Only he could truly forgive me of my sins.

I remember the since of relief in the dream when the men unhanded me, and let me go.

But I also remember my sadness, knowing that someone was going to suffer for me.
I remember the gratitude I felt that someone else was going to carry the weight of my burdens.

I can’t help but think that this was a dream sent from God, as I only remembered it when I heard a reference to Christ.

This dream made me realize even more how grateful I am to Jesus Christ for what he did for me.

And I hope this message and dream can be an inspiration to some of you.

God Bless.

~Matt

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement