Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » enter the Protestant church at your own risk!!!

Author Topic: enter the Protestant church at your own risk!!!
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?

No, not all are workers of miracles, but some are.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I didn't get a chance to read that.

I'll go check it out.

For some reason I think I tend to overlook that section, because My eyes immediatly divert to End time events int he news, hehehe.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MentorsRiddle

Did you read becauseHElives' story on the Exposing False Teaching board?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good story.

What I like about it is that it helps to teach that we are all one big family in Jesus Christ.

Some of us may worship different than others and have different ideas – but so long as you have Jesus Christ in your life and trust in him as your savior, then you will be saved.

Thanks for sharing the story, Eden.

God-Bless.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading in a Spanish version of "All Things Are Possible with God", about families telling how they were healed in a Kathryn Kuhlman meeting.

And there was one Catholic couple, a man and a wife, from Ontario, Canada, who had never been inside a Protestant church, but this Kathrun Kuhlman meeting was being held in an Episcopal Church!

Since childhood the Catholic wife had been taught that "to enter a Protestant church could cause her to lose her salvation!, and so always when she had to pass a Protestant church, she held her breath from fear!

In her 78 years of life, she had never been inside one of those places.

She had severe arthritis, and her Catholic friend Mr. Moss also had severe arthritis, even more severe than hers ...

And just now the adult son of the Catholic wife had called to say that her friend Mr. Moss had been healed in a Protestant Episcopal church!!!

And the son said, "Mother, there's a special chartered bus that runs from Ontario to the meeting, would you like me to reserve you a space for you on the bus?"

The Catholic wife said that "no, no, no!" ... and a little later, "let me talk to my husband Paul ... but if we go, we have to first let me see Mr. Moss with my own eyes ... and if he is not healed, we are not going!!.

The next day they met Mr. Moss who lived nearby and Mr. Moss bent down to touch his toes and jumped up and down and spread his arms and fingers out, and he was full of excitement about being healed!!!

And so the son reserved a seat for his parents on that special chartered bus and they ... went into that Protestant church ... and she was healed, Praise God!

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement