Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world

Author Topic: Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a good thought and insight you have shared with us, Eden.

To add a little to your post I would like to say that I think we all make life too difficult than it needs to be.

You are so right: God in Jesus has overcome the earthly things and in him we should rely.

God is great and beautiful in all things.

Amen?

Thanks for the post.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been cold and I was a little depressed here and there, not much, just a little, and I think that sometimes we Christians make it all complicated, "Oh, am I living up to what God expects of me so that I will be saved", that kind of mentality, until today I remembered the simple phrase:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world. And I realized that that's all there is to it. Jesus has overcome the world, wow. And as a result of that thoguht, I cheered up again, knowing that it's much easier than I often make it, and I can ride into the world-to-come on Jesus's coattails, as His righteousness is imputed to me, and my righteousness is not even considered. (And there I go making it complicated again, LOL ...)

love, Eden
"Be of good cheer, for Jesus has overcome the world"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement