Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » made sinners ... made righteous

Author Topic: made sinners ... made righteous
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT POST!

WE are born with a sin nature, and through Jesus Christ we are born again with a Divine/Holy Nature.

But only through our faith in Jesus Christ!

[Big Grin]

Great post, thanks for taking the time to post it.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

When Adam and Eve sinned, they were driven from the garden of Eden, and the glory of God lifted up from them.

Outside the garden, they no longer had access to the Spirit of God, and now they were "on their own" and God would let them "device their own way":

Proverbs 1:31
Therefore they shall eat of the fruit of their own way and be filled with their own devices.

So after Adam was expelled from the garden, without access to the All-Knowing Holy Spirit, Adam began to make mistakes and he began to fall short of the glory of God, which is sin.

So all who are born of Adam were born with Adam's character, of being a sinner.

If one asks a group of Chritians, "Who is a sinner", they will mostly likely all answer, "one who sins". But that is actually "arguing upside down", because we are not sinners BECAUSE we sin, but we sin BECAUSE we are sinners, that is, we are BORN sinners:

John 9:34
They said to him, You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us? And they cast him out.

So in Adam all die:

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

So what did we have to do to sin? All we had to do is be born; we were made sinners:

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So we had to do NOTHING to be "made a sinner"; likewise we have to do NOTHING to be made righteous in Jesus.

The flesh CANNOT FIX ITSELF nor WILL the flesh fix itself because the flesh LOVES ITSELF too much.

Only God can change us or [/b]make us righteous[/b]. And so our prayer should be, "God, unless you change me, nothing is going to happen".

It is GOD who leads us beside quiet waters, but WE haven't the foggiest idea of how to get there:

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not lack.

2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures: He leads me beside the still waters.

3 He restores my soul: He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.

We need to get off this notion that we can change ourselves in any way, no matter how hard we try, we will still be sinners. We may be more moral sinners and not so bad sinners, educated sinners and illiterate sinners, refined sinners and vulgar sinners, but we all remain sinners.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Nor is God in the business of repairing our flesh; no, our flesh is too vile to save, so God has done away with the sinner by crucifying him on the cross when Jesus was on the cross:

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

But just as in Adam we were made sinners just by being born, we are made righteous just by having living faith that Jesus died in our place and rose again from the dead.

At that point, God no longer accounts our sins unto us:

Romans 4:7
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Romans 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

And by God's decree, the suffering and death of Jesus is counted to us for righteousness:

Genesis 15:6
And he {Abram} believed in the LORD; and He {the LORD} counted it to him for righteousness.

Psalm 106:31
And that was counted to him for righteousness unto all generations forevermore.

Romans 4:3
For what says the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.

Romans 4:5
But to him who works not, but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The flesh cannot make itself righteousness, not even by going to "finishing school". And we may as well stop trying:

Romans 7
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Therefore also Paul says:

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

"LORD, if YOU will change me, I will be changed; Thank You, LORD". This should be our prayer.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement