Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » How to Be Happy

Author Topic: How to Be Happy
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic!!!

- God's Word is the source of the believer's happiness, according to John 17:13, "I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them."

And sharing God's perfect happiness should be the estate of every believer, according to Philippians 4:4 and I Peter 1:8, which say, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." And once the believer shares the perfect happiness of God, the believer's happiness cannot be diminished by: circumstances, things, or people, according to Philippians 4:11,12; Hebrews 13:5,6, and Hebrews 12:2,3, which say, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Thus, even though mankind inhabits an imperfect world, believers can have the perfect happiness of God. And according to I Corinthians 11:24,25, Philippians 1:3, and Song of Songs 3:1, 4:6, and 8:6, the sharing of God's happiness increases the believer's ability to love others and God. Jude 24 asserts that the happiness experienced by the believer in heaven is more intense than that on earth; this degree of intensity is related to the locale, heaven, and not to any limitations on the sharing of God's perfect happiness.

Isaiah 35:1,2 declares that in the future Millennial Reign of Christ happiness will be ubiquitous.

And according to the following verses, II Samuel 1:19,20, Ecclesiastes 9:9, 11:8,9, and Proverbs 23:24,25, the happiness derived from the 'world,' sin, evil, and 'pleasure' is temporary and inadequate. For "the aesthetic age seeks satisfaction through the senses, physical beauty, erotic excitement, through success in any of its guises." And true inner happiness cannot be found through the senses or celebrity.

Ultimately, the truly happy person, the believer who shares the perfect happiness of God, provides happiness for, and is a 'ministry of refreshment to ,' other believers and unbelievers. This concept is found in Philippians 2:28,29, Romans 16:32, II Corinthians 7:13, and our verse, Philemon 7, which says, "For I have come to have much happiness and encouragement by your love (for Christ) because the tender affections of the saints have been refreshed through you, brother."

http://www.gracenotes.info/topics/happiness.html

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror. But then (when the end comes) we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.
The First Book of Corinthians, Chapter 13:12

It is such a startling thought that everything we see now is but a simple shadow of the things we shall see.

It is such a strange thought to think that everything we know now is not complete knowledge.

It is such a wonderful thought to know that in the end we will see with perfect clarity and understanding, which is only accomplished through God.

As I ponder life, it is amazing to me how much our “knowledge” changes.

How theories give way to facts – how those facts are found to be flawed – how new theories replace those facts….

Proving only one thing is a certain fact: [b[We, the human race, knows absolutely nothing.

The simple things we may understand, but we do not truly know how and why they work on the simplest levels.

We can observe the cause and effect of things and how those things are affected by the causes – but we can not understand what makes up the cause or why it affects the things the way it does.

This world is but a simple illusion – a corrupt carbon copy of how things should be.

As we grow in the Divine Nature, through Jesus Christ or Lord and Savior, we begin to realize just how much we do not know about our own universe – and because of this lack of knowledge we realize another certain fact: WE must put our faith into God in order to be truly happy.

For the only way to be truly happy is to be secure.

Since our knowledge and thinking offers no security, then we may not be secure – and so can not be truly happy.

God, however, does know all and knows with perfect clarity and understanding.

God’s knowledge is complete and exists with perfect accuracy.

God sees things for how they truly are – and so can lead us when we are uncertain.

Only through God can we have perfect security and perfect peace and happiness – for only through him are all things secure.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement