Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Don't get it twisted...

Author Topic: Don't get it twisted...
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. We can never be truly happy in this sin cursed world. But when we live for God, doing what He wills us to do, what He created us to do, then we are far more fulfilled and happier than we could ever be by going against His design. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit, a blessing that comes with obedience, abiding, and sanctification.

Imagine a flower deciding that it doesn't like being a flower - it wants to walk around like animals do. So, it uproots itself, intending to go its own way. How well does this work?

quote:
Salvation is not about the happiness of man. NO! Salvation came about for the glory of the Lamb!! It's time we take a stand for the King. I think HE deserves it.

AMEN! [Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

We were saved to do the good works He has prepared for us, not to go our own way.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But, the problem lies when it becomes all about what we want to do, what we think we deserve, instead of what HE has commanded us to do, and what HE deserves
The irony here is that if we were to do what God wanted us to do from the "get-go," then we would be happy already.

For only through God can we be truly happy.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this while looking over my FaceBook today and wanted to share it.

These days, so many people will spend their entire lives trying to fulfill the American dream, their own personal dreams, wishes of others, etc. While others will attempt to build the grandest of empires, the perfect ministry, or just simply sip sweet tea on porch. There is nothing wrong with having dreams and aspirations, there is nothing wrong with sipping sweet tea on the front porch. But, the problem lies when it becomes all about what we want to do, what we think we deserve, instead of what HE has commanded us to do, and what HE deserves. It's very easy to get an improper vision of who HE is, when we can't see past ourselves, our dreams, our plans, our entertainment, our delights, our ministry. Yes, our ministry. We must remember we do this for HIM! This is about HIS work, HIS glory, HIS will for our lives. This is not about us, or our dreams, and who we think we are. This is about who HE is!

We ALL have been given the mission of proclaiming the Gospel, no matter where God has placed us in life. Whether you are a preacher, teacher, doctor, builder, burger king flipper, musician, or whatever else. GOD has given you a platform to bring HIM glory! This is not an option. Salvation is not about the happiness of man. NO! Salvation came about for the glory of the Lamb!! It's time we take a stand for the King. I think HE deserves it.

"Only one life and it will soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last."
-Jack Wyrtzen

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith,who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1,2

My FaceBook account is:
http://www.facebook.com/aprodigal

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement