Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » They were filled!

Author Topic: They were filled!
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, you really need to do a study on Diabetes.

Not all forms of diabetes is caused by sugar. Sorry, but thats the truth.

And I was specifically referring to "Cows" milk, there was a report on this from the AMA. Yes its just a hypothesis, but its what some Doctors believe causes a child to come down with juvinel diabetes.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison said
quote:
It doesn't get any better? Or is it possible that there is something beyond what you understand?
I'm always looking for more and I expect more good things to happen. I'm not limiting myself or God, I'm just stating what has happened so far.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
RE "we cannot 'abide' in sin", I tend to think that all Christian people have areas in their personalities in which they make good progress with God, and other areas in their life in which they are "kinda stuck" and "abiding"; maybe it will get "unstuck", and maybe not, before they die.

This is not being mean, or picky, but the flesh is a wall of defensive self-preservation arguments! But the quote tells us what you think, which tells us what you believe. You are limited by what you believe (you, plural, meaning anyone). The point being, does this limitation which you impose on yourself please God? Is it in line with scripture, or is this simply what you are willing to accept? Also, would you limit someone else by your thinking.

If someone doesn't want to change, or if they do not see what more is possible, they limit themselves, and others. The only point I would make is, is what you believe absolutely correct and the Christian is bound by it, and this is accepted by all? It doesn't get any better? Or is it possible that there is something beyond what you understand? And could what you think be an effort to resist it?

Does the presence of God reassure you? Do you think it possible to know the presence of God if we regard sin? Or in fact, does the presence of God dissipate sin? Can we measure our stature by the presence of God, or the lack of it, in which case, would an "I think," argument validate the lack of the presence of God? Is that acceptable, the absence of seeing His face? Is this where His heart is? Or does He desire something better, which we have yet to discover?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently got into Wheatgrass, and since this thread is off subject anyway, I noticed somewhere in these posts, Eden, that you said that we didn't get enough acid in our diet. However, one of the 'supposed' benefits of wheatgrass is that it returns the body to an alkaline condition. Supposedly that is beneficial for resistance to cancer, among other things. I am just wondering why there is a discrepency between the two assertions. I never considered the body's alkalinity before the wheatgrass notion took me.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Yahsway, sugarcane is made by God, but so are poppies which can be made into heroin. Sugarcane, when used in very small quantities, is not harmful; but in large quantities it is harmful over the long term when used as sugar bombs.

I seriously doubt that diabetes is caused by cow's milk or camel's milk or goat's milk or sheep's milk since man has used these milks for thousands of years, while the diabetes explosion can be traced back to the industrial revolution's factories turning out millions of confectionary (candy) sugar bombs.

And they were all filled with sugar bombs.

love, Eden

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, I am a nurse and give insulin everyday to our diabetics in the facility i work in.

Of course we first us a glucometer to chech their blood sugar, usually 4 times per day.

And they only get an insulin shot according to their accucheck level.

If their level is within normal limits 60-150 then no shot is needed.

Then the scale progresses and they get units of insulin depending on where their level falls on the scale.

No one ever gets a full syringe of insulin. This would kill them.

Of course their diets are monitered, no sweets and no concentrated sweets ect..

The sad part of diabetes is the juvinel onset kind. Most doctors now believe its caused by cows milk, since human beings are the only animal that drinks another animals milk.

My stepsons mom now has diabetes and shes koren and never ate or liked sweets, BUT she did drink a lot of alcholic beverages in her lifetime.

My point being is that some people develope diabetes and do not abuse processed sugar.

There are 4 types of diabetes and many people have diabetes. I never knew how many until i became a nurse.

For sure one must eat healthy, but i believe moderation is the key when it comes to sugar.

I dont think sugar is of satan, God did make the sugar cane. Its what people do with the rsources and foods God has given us and hoe they apply it to their body.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Very well then. I shall pray for your Langerhans cells on your pancreas: "Lord, WildB will need a miracle; the cause is 'intentional sin'." [1zhelp]

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1Timothy 4
8 For bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Ecclesiastes 8:15
Then I commended mirth, because a man has no better thing under the sun, than to eat and to drink and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labor the days of his life, which God gives him under the sun.

1 Corinthians 8:9
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ had made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

The more we take care of our body by eating and drinking healthy, the longer the Lord can use His precious saints and their newly acquired talents.

Proverbs 18:9
He also who is slothful in his work is brother to him who is a great waster.

Nevertheless:

Luke 10
41 And Jesus answered her, Martha, Martha, you are careful and troubled about many things;

42 Only one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

No, sir, I do not like Cookie Dow ice cream. I do not eat anything that contains a sugar bomb.

A sugar bomb is manufactured by the big companies thru high fructose corn syrup or sugar and added to products to sell them because they are addictive like nicotine.

Normally in nature, sugar only appears in a small amoung in fruit and other food items, and is in the company of acids and other things.

The Langerhans cells on the pancreas are a delicate instrument to produce insulin but was never designed for sugar bombs.

The Langerhans cells could be compared to a lawnmower engine being asked do do the job of a V8 engine to remove the sugar bomb with insulin.

Instead, what happens is that the Langerhans cells break down and the result is Diabetes.

A diabetic has to shoot a needle filled with insulin into their waist fat or in their thigh or buttocks, 3 times a day, 365 days a year, so one year amounts to 1,095 needle injections, until the waist is painful and calloused.

So, WildB, to answer your question, No, I do not eat Cookie Dow ice cream which is loaded by Satan with a sugar bomb.

Eden

Eden
unregistered

WildB, thanks for reminding of that scripture, but as I do not think that this "bickering" between you and Michael Harrison furthers the work of God through the church any at all.

It is hard for me to see how God can be pleased with you and Michael Harrison spending so much of God's valuable time picking on each other when we should be glorifying the gospel of God and our fellow Christians. Please stop harassing each other; it makes the church look bad. [happyhappy] love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison wrote:
quote:
Christ didn't die for us to leave us in sin. He died for us while we were yet sinners that by His death and resurrection, we could partake of His nature. That is why HE shed blood. And to be a partaker of His divine nature, we cannot 'abide' in sin. It is not possible to abide in sin if we partake of His nature. Only if we are not partaking are we left to our own devices which ensnare us.
RE "we cannot 'abide' in sin", I tend to think that all Christian people have areas in their personalities in which they make good progress with God, and other areas in their life in which they are "kinda stuck" and "abiding"; maybe it will get "unstuck", and maybe not, before they die.

But in the areas in which we are making good progress with God we can delight in Him and He gives us the desires of our heart for that:

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself also in the LORD: and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

In my opinion it is not a "black or white" thing, but in some areas I'm whiter than black.

Malachi 3:16
Then they who feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them who feared the LORD, and who thought upon His name.

With the help of Jesus thru the Holy Spirit, some of my darkness has turned to light and my paths are progressively being guided by His Word to my spirit and by His Written Word.

I have definitely been "reined-in" from what I used to be.

with love, Eden

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Jesus puts the cookie jar down, but no one reaches in.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Christ didn't die for us to leave us in sin. He died for us while we were yet sinners that by His
death and resurrection, we could partake of His nature. That is why HE shed blood. And to be a partaker of His divine nature, we cannot 'abide' in sin. It is not possible to abide in sin if we partake of His nature. Only if we are not partaking are we left to our own devices which ensnare us.

But we focus so intensely on sin in discussing the relationship, that it scares people. That however is the negative side. The positive side is that we should want fellowship, and communion with Him. We should want to be in His presence.

There was a guy who wrote a book called, "Practicing the Presence of God." It was a cute little book. It was about how Brother Lawrence was able to commune with Jesus by practicing certain things such as prayer, and perhaps fasting. Although I have forgotten the details, what I do remember was that he never learned how to be in the presence of God continually. He didn't learn the meaning of going under the Cross. But God met him in what he did and he enjoyed moments of the presence of God and wrote about it.

Here is the parable of the talent. For after all, what is God after? Does He just want to save our souls so we can go to heaven one day, but leave us in sin while we are here? What He wants is friendship with us. He wants relationship wherein there is awareness of one another. He wants to share the joy of our life with us. He wants to be a part of it - invited in.

But most don't begin to see this, or care. They think that He is just way too busy to mess with us, or simply didn't design it this way. And they just want to busy themselves with their own concerns having gotten the salvation issue out of the way. To illustrate however the kind of relationship He wants with us, He gave us indications like the parable of the talent, just to name one. This kind of person fits the one who gets one talent. He is he is he who gets saved, and seeks nothing more out of the relationship. HE wants to busy himself with what entertains him, basically this life. But our Jesus prefers to be a part of our life, and not shunned while we entertain ourselves without Him. Jesus wants to be invited in to share in our ups and downs, happy and sads, and for us to come to learn of Him and what He means to us in every situation. Here then is the parable of the man who had ten talents. The increase was that he grew into a deeper relationship, and awareness of his Christ. [Cross]

There is a way for this to take place. But if we love sin, we neglect this. Yet if we neglect not to discover His presence, it is no longer about sin. For in His presence sin is parted. For when the light goes on, darkness receeds.

So it is a negative thing to concentrate on overcoming sin. But it is a positive thing to cultivate relationship with Him, and let the rest take care for itself. And it will. Is He part of you, part of your life? Do you allow Him to partake of your life? Do you share with Him? For this is what HE wants, to be part of your life, and to reveal Himself to you. This is what fulfills His joy, for you are dear to Him, and everything matters.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement