Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Unfairness

Author Topic: Unfairness
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UNFAIRNESS (Inequity, Injustice, Unbalanced)

What should we do when confronted with unfairness?

BIBLE READING: Genesis 31:1-13

KEY BIBLE VERSE: He said to them, “I see that your father’s attitude toward me is not what it was before, but the God of my father has been with me.” (Genesis 31:5, NIV)

We should never be unfair in return. Although Laban treated Jacob unfairly, God still increased Jacob’s prosperity. God’s power is not limited by lack of fair play. He has the ability to meet our needs and make us thrive even though others mistreat us. To give in and respond unfairly is to be no different from your enemies.

BIBLE READING: Judges 11:1-10

KEY BIBLE VERSE: But Jephthah said to them, “Why do you come to me when you hate me and have driven me out of my father’s house? Why come now when you’re in trouble?” (Judges 11:7, TLB)

We should know that sometimes the unfairness in the world is made right. Jephthah, an illegitimate son of Gilead, was chased out of the country by his half brothers. He suffered as a result of another’s decision and not for any wrong he had done. Yet in spite of his brothers’ rejection, God used him. If you are suffering from unfair rejection, don’t blame others and become discouraged. Remember how God used Jephthah despite his unjust circumstances, and realize that he is able to use you even if you feel rejected.

BIBLE READING: Job 14:1-22

KEY BIBLE VERSE: How frail is man, how few his days, how full of trouble! (Job 14:1, TLB)

Remember that God offers an eternal answer to the unfairness in the world. Life is brief and full of trouble, Job laments in his closing remarks. Sickness, loneliness, disappointment, and death cause Job to say that life is not fair. Some understand verses 14 and 15 to mean that even in his gloom, Job hoped for the resurrection of the dead. If this is true, then Job understood the one truth that could put his suffering in perspective. God’s solution to believers who live in an unfair world is to guarantee life with him forever. No matter how unfair your present world seems, God offers the hope of being in his presence eternally. Have you accepted this offer?

(The Handbook of Bible Application)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement