Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » On the Topic of Robots

Author Topic: On the Topic of Robots
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOOKING UNTO JESUS
AND IT IS FROM HIM AND IN HIM that we learn to know (not only without danger, but for the well-being of our souls) what it is good for us to know about the world and about ourselves, our sorrows and our dangers, our resources and our victories: seeing everything in its true light, because it is He Who shows them to us, and that only at the time and in the proportion in which this knowledge will produce in us the fruits of humility and wisdom, gratitude and courage, watchfulness and prayer. All that it is desirable for us to know, the Lord Jesus will teach us; all that we do not learn from Him, it is better for us not to know.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does not compute.... DANGER, Will Robinson! [pound]

Sorry -but seriously... this is probably way off the subject...but....

It made me think about what true freedom is....

Many believe we are somehow free because we can all think differently about just about everyting, and that we should celebrate this freedom and be tolerant, etc... (and tolerance is definitely a necessity -especially these days -we should be slow to speak, slow to anger -quick to understand) but it is exactly this sort of false freedom that is at the heart of all conflicts, fills our time with miserable things and keeps us from happiness.

It is disagreement on the basics -the fundamentals which are true for everyone which keeps us from freedom.

People think that if we all thought alike we would be like robots -but this is EXACTLY what we need to be free!

There are certain things which are true to all -based on what was created and acknowledging the creator -certain things which must be done and not done by ALL -UNIVERSALLY -In order for there to be peace and order.

ONLY THEN WILL WE BE FREE TO USE THE GIFT OF CREATIVITY FOREVER -WITHOUT CONFLICT -TO MAKE THE UNIVERSE A VARIED AND WONDERFUL PLACE.

It is understandable that we all come from different backgrounds -and we should certainly be tolerant until we all agree on the basics -but that will not happen universally until God makes it so. We may come from different backgrounds, but we will all end up before the throne of God. There is no respect of persons with God -only righteousness.

If that is being a God robot -so be it -sign me up -but i probably still wont be able to do this with my head [spiny]

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I have ask you not to push your Calvinism on this message board, you insist on doing so anyway. And since I am the one that made the references you are referring to, then I will explain this to you one more time.

You ask:

>>>> Who of us, I ask, was not a robot of the devil before we became saved by God's grace?

I was not a robot of the devil. If I were I would still be executing his programs. Robots are programmed to do certain tasks. They DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE, they are forced to do the will of the programmer. Thanks to Jesus Christ I had a choice to make and He gave His very life so I would have this choice. He offers grace to all sinners enslaved to the devil. They can come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord, repent of theirs sins, take up there cross and follow Him. It is their choice. We all must make this choice. If you chose not to follow Jesus Christ you chose to serve Satan. That is the bottom line.

>>> Would any of us trade being a robot of God for being a robot of Satan?

First of all I am not a robot of God, nor one of Satan. I am a bondservant* of God. He knows He does not have to make me love Him. I love Him because of who He is. I want to be God’s slave.

*Bondservant
A slave could go free at the end of his six years of service, and you'd expect that they would jump at the chance. But there would be the occasional slave who might not want to go. Maybe he had a hard time earning a living, and the room and board he had as a slave was better than anything he'd been able to find for himself. Or maybe he had grown comfortable with his master and his household over the past six years, and he just didn't want to leave. In that case, the Bible had a special destiny for him.

As it says, his master would pierce his earlobe with an awl against the door of the house. That's a very clear statement that you're going nowhere -- that you're permanently fixed to this house and this master. It became traditional to put in a gold earring after the awl was removed. And that slave could never go free again. He could never be sold, either. He became more than just a slave; he became a servant who was permanently attached -- bonded -- to his master, a bondservant. Such bondservants were usually trusted with more of their master's affairs than a normal slave would be. Although still servants, they often were considered part of the family.

>>> It's our love of independence that is the root of all sin in the first place.

No one that wants to be a bondservant wants to be independent.

I would say the root of all sin is pride and unbelief.

>>> “This is a general reply to all who have shared in the Replies on the topic of one "ism" vs another "ism" and about hell, etc.”

You are now pushing it on me. I have tried to be nice, but this seems to be the way that Calvinist’s tend to be. They spend their time pushing what John Calvin taught and not what Jesus taught. It is all about Jesus Christ, not John Calvin. You need to stop pushing John Calvin and start pushing Jesus. Tell people about the good news of Jesus Christ that came to set man free.

If God wanted to make us robots he would have. But he did not. He gave us a choice. God don’t send people to hell, they send themselves there. If you don’t choose to follow Christ, you will then be serving the devil.

Yes HELL is real and eternal. People that don’t come to know Jesus will know this reality one minute after they die.

So now waynemlj since I see your not going to do as I ask you and not push Calvinism on this message board. You can take your Calvinism teachings and go somewhere else. This message board is for telling people about the good news of Jesus Christ and not about convincing people they have no chance of coming to know Him, because you teach Christ only died for a certain few. The bible says Jesus died for all. Everyone has the choice to come to know Him. (No, not everyone is saved, just those that come to know Him.)

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:12,13

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. - 1 Timothy 4:10

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1 John 2:2

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. - 1 Timothy 2:4 - 6

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. - John 1:29

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. - John 4:41 - 43

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. - 1 John 4:14

Yes there is a hell and it is eternal.

Yes Jesus died so all can come to know Him.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynemlj
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Waynemlj,
I think the idea of being robots comes in to play on the assumption that our response to God plays no factor in salvation.....that we have absolutely no control over how we are going to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes, you are right about that.

And that's what the Bible tells us, isn't it?

Ephesians 2:8-9, "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

waynemlj

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waynemlj,
I think the idea of being robots comes in to play on the assumption that our response to God plays no factor in salvation.....that we have absolutely no control over how we are going to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waynemlj
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a general reply to all who have shared in the Replies on the topic of one "ism" vs another "ism" and about hell, etc.

A curious thought occurred to me as I considered what everyone had to say there.

It was this: There is no gray area when it comes to morality, to truth and lie. It's either black or white.
Who of us, I ask, was not a robot of the devil before we became saved by God's grace? I think the answer is All OF US!

Would any of us trade being a robot of God for being a robot of Satan?

Why all this worry about being a robot of God?
I just don't understand that kind of reasoning.

We could all use a review, I think, of
1 Corinthians 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?
You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body"

That Scripture says to me that we are "slaves of Christ."
Which word do you like better "slave" or "robot"?

For me, I'll choose "slave," for, once I get the impact of what my Savior has saved me from . . . the terrible wrath of God . . . and what He has given me in exchange . . . eternal life with God's family in heaven, I am so drawn to be His own, that I love the phrase "slave of Christ".

It's our love of independence that is the root of all sin in the first place.

waynemlj

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement