Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Birthplace of Words

Author Topic: Birthplace of Words
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, David. I was thinking that it was a case of "me ceasing from my own works" and "letting the Holy Spirit operate my heart and spirit" instead of me, so that it was a case of "me getting out of the way" where I "stop operating my own body machine", because I thought that it was the Holy Spirit's job to TAKE OVER the reins of my body machine.

But in my experience, I'm finding that me, my spirit of man, is HEARING GOOD SUGGESTIONS which the Holy Spirit is SENDING TO MY SPIRIT OF MAN, so that the Biblical process seems NOT to be ME STOPPING TO USE my own body machine, as much as it seems to be ME LISTENING AND HEARING FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT, and ME acting upon what I'm hearing from the Holy Spirit.

Now, my question is, If my old man was already crucified with Christ when Jesus hung on the cross way back then, how come the Holy Spirit is conveying stuff to "the old man"?

Or does it just SEEM like the Holy Spirit is conveying stuff to the old man, but instead it is the old man having gotten "out of the way" and because the Holy Spirit then has "greater access" to the heart and spirit of man, it seems AS IF I am receiving from the Holy Spirit, but in reality it IS the Holy Spirit who is Acting in me?

What IS the birthplace of my words, or Words?

With Christian love,
Eden

So it may be much more of a case of God giving "the old man" a new heart as it is a case of us getting out of the way so the Holy Spirit can

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heart is the first thing to live in physical birth and in spiritual birth. It is a wonderful thing that God can cleanse and purify the thinking of our hearts. That is why our Lord says, “Of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh” (Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.)The Bible says that words are born in the heart, not in the head. “Shall not they teach thee, and tell thee, and utter words out of their heart?” (Job 8:10; see also Matthew 12:34).

Jesus Christ said He always spoke as His Father wished Him to. Did His Father write out the words and tell Him to learn them by heart? No, the mainspring of the heart of Jesus Christ was the mainspring of the heart of God the Father, consequently the words Jesus Christ spoke were the exact expression of God’s thought. In our Lord the tongue was in its right place; He never spoke from His head, but always from His heart. “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue . . . this man’s religion is vain” (James 1:26), there is nothing in it. The tongue and the brain are under our control, not God’s.

Oswald Chambers, Biblical Psychology, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1936.

:::::::::::::

This reminded me of what I heard at Church last week. The topic was what it ment to be filled with the Holy Spirit. It is not a not a praying down of more of the Holy Spirit, it is to be controlled by the Holy Spirit. We don't get any more of the Holy Spirit then we already have, we just have to give the control over to Him and stop ignoring Him. Until we learn to let the Holy Spirit control us and listen to Him, we will not be filled (controlled) by the Holy Spirit.

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement