Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the glory of the second temple

Author Topic: the glory of the second temple
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:

This due order, this Key of David, is not limited to some thousand future year period,
it is for any, now, who has an ear and hears, knocks and enters.

T7

Amen!!!

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Matthew 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

No temple of scripture has a promise of restoration,
the Tabernacle of David has that promise

Amos 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

The Tabernacle of David is the due order of divine praise and worship set forth by YHWH and given to David.
This due order, this Key of David, is not limited to some thousand future year period,
it is for any, now, who has an ear and hears, knocks and enters.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Solomonic first temple of the LORD was finished, the glory of the LORD filled the first temple:

2 Chronicles 7

1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.

Later, the Babylonians destroyed the first temple and around 500 B.C., the second temple was built, but it was nothing like the first temple:

Haggai 2

3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? And how do you see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

And yet, the LORD said thru Haggai that the glory of this second temple would be greater than the glory of the first temple:

7 But, I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, says the LORD of hosts.

9 And the glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, says the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, says the LORD of hosts.

But during its inauguration and entire existence, no glory filled this second house nor did fire come down from heaven onto its altar, nor was the mercy seat and the Shekinah glory in the Holiest of Holies. And yet the glory of this second temple would be greater than the glory of the first temple.

And so, throughout the next centuries, the Jews tried to show how the glory of this second house had been greater than the first, saying how Herod had added to its glory by 40 years of additions and embellishments. But in their pride and veiled minds, they were unable to see what this true glory was.

This glory came in the form of the Lord Jesus in whom dwelled the fullness of the Godhead bodily, as Jesus taught and healed among its sacred second temple grounds.

But when the Lord Jesus departed from the second temple for the last time, overlooking the temple from the mount of Olives, well could Jesus the Son of God say, “Your house is left unto you desolate” (Matthew 23:38). Yes, how great was the glory of that second temple!

Be blessed,
Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement