Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Fake Crying...

Author Topic: Fake Crying...
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Holy Spirit is given you a feeling you should stop listening to this man, then you should stop.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to gossip about this man.

Nor judge anyone.

I was just curious if there is any scriptural evidence to back up how I feel when I hear this man.

Something along the lines of people faking their emotions for the sake of appearance -- or soemthing like that.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if his crying is not real, he is not real....

I pray you decide for yourself which is the case, I would not listen to anyone I think is faking anything!

Eternity is to long and hell is too terrible a place to play with peoples emotions!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are you saying he is charlatan-ing with crying, and for what purpose, in your opinion?

love, Eden [crying]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, I couldn't agree with you more.

But if you heard it you would then understand.

I can't do it justice on here how it sounds.

But trust me, you could tell if you heard it.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that he is doing fake crying. Some people are deeply touched by all aspects of the great free gift of God. Just because he recovers quickly with unwavering voice, does not mean anything.

love, Eden [crying]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

For some reason I just don't think that would help much.

Also, something that bothers me a bit, is speaking in tongues.

I know speaking in tongus is a real thing, but not like some of the churches today practice.

Speaking jibberish is not speaking in tongus.

Speaking in tongues is speaking to where anyone of any nationality can understand what you are saying, regardless if you are speaking their language or not.

Maybe because I'm under the weather I'm just grumpy and wanting to rant.

WHo knows? lol

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you could go to the website of that station and leave a comment. Chances are the speaker is doing what he thinks his audience wants, and if he receives comments then he can adjust his program to be more sincere.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

So, I was listening to a radio evangelist on my way into work this morning – which I do often.

I like this mans teaching and his passion for Christ and the bible, but he often fake cries.

I can tell its fake because when he is finished “crying” his voice is normal and not wavering.

For some reason this behavior bothers me to my core and I can’t stand it, so much to the point where I want to stop listening to him.

What do you think?

~Matt

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement