Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » "this is end of the world"--so you think today's world is bad?

Author Topic: "this is end of the world"--so you think today's world is bad?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, oneinchrist, good to see you back. We need all the soldiers of the Lord to stand on the battlements and shout, "watch!", or rather, "watch out!". Anyway, hope all is well with you. Eden
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again to my long-time friend in the Lord!

I know that it has been a while since we last fellowshipped ....... lately my heart has longed to return to you, once again, to share the love of the Lord, and to endeavor to learn even more of the Lord in all brotherly unity for the same cause.

The day of the Lord........someone could be swinging in a hammock taking in the nice ocean breeze while another could be a distressed soul starving away in a foreign countries prison. I find it interesting how movies depict the "end of the world". I tell my friends.......I am afraid to tell you, but the end of the world is going to be even worse than the movies depict.......for the "sunlight" goes out and both the heavens and the earth(whole)will shake. Even the news cameras will not have an opportunity to frame out the day of the Lords wrath.....it will be so sudden.......but we rejoice because we are wed to him and we will be with Him witnessing all things being put in their place by the Hand of the Lord.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

So you think today's world is bad?

The years: 1940-1945
The location: oswiecim or auschwitz
The device: standing cells.

Some prisoners in auschwitz had to work all day in the winter on the hard labor site, and then at night they were made to stand in "standing cells", so narrow that one could only stand up and not move and not fall.

Until, in the morning they had to go back out to the hard labor site, knowing that when their day was done, they would be taken back to the standing cell ...

It took about 11 days for them to die ...

So, uhh, you think today's world is bad, "Ohh, it's getting worse, I know the Lord is coming soon ...ohhhh ..."

No, you have been very blessed to be living in the USA in this period from World War II until now. You don't have any standing cells at your job, do you?

Thank You, Lord, for letting me live in this relatively peaceful time in USA America:

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so also shall the coming of the Son of man be.

Why, living nice is a sign of the times!

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

The year: 1348-1365 A.D.

The evil monster: the black plague

In Europe, the Black Plague took two forms: (1) pulmonary (lungs), with high fever and spitting of blood, bringing death in 3 days; and (2) bubonic, with fever, abscesses, and carbuncles, death in 5 days.

In 1354, in Sienna, Italy, one chronicler wrote:

"Neither relatives nor friends nor priests accompanied the corpses to the grave. In many places in the city deep and veru broad trenches were dug, and into these were the bodies thrown and covered with a little earth, and so layer after layer until the trench was full and another trench was started. With my own hands I buried 5 of my children and many others did the same. And many corpses were so lightly covered with soil that the dogs came and ate them and dispersed their bones throughout the city. No bells rang, and nobody wept because almost everyone expected death. And people said and believed, "this is the end of the world".

Boccaccio described the plague thus:

"Not only did conversing or otherwise consorting with the sick give the infection, but the mere touching of the clothes, or of whatever had been touched by the sick, communicated the malady. Anything that had belonged to the sick, if an animal touched it, the animals wad dead in 3 days."

"This tribulation struck such terror into the hearts of all, that brother forsook brother, oftentimes wife forsook husband, and fathers and mothers refused to tend to their children, as if they had not been theirs. The common people, untended, sickened by the thousand daily, and died without recourse. Many died in the street, while others died in their houses, their death only made known to their neighbors by the stench coming out of the house, whereupon some dared to go in, not out of charity, but out of fear that it might spread, and brought the corpses out to the stoops, so that there were corpses without number, until they were carried off on biers containing husband and wife, brothers and sisters ..."

"3 out of 5 in the population died over a period from 1348 to 1365; the infection crossed from Arabia into Egypt, and from there to the Black Sea to merchants of Venice, Syracuse, Genoa, Marseille, and aided by rats and fleas into Italy and France, hitting the poor sapped by malnutrition and from there spreading to all classes ..."

So you think that today's world is bad, eh? That surely we must be approaching the "end of the world", eh? To the contrary, we are VERY blessed right now.

Luke 17
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, and they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

Helllllooooo ...

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement