Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Jesus is the Living Word of God in heaven ...

Author Topic: Jesus is the Living Word of God in heaven ...
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,

Something funny just happened to me.

I am listening to the band Mercy Me and reading your truly enjoyable post.

I got to the part of your post where it is talking about the Holy Spirit coming over the followers of Christ and they spoke in tongues.

It was just then that I realized I am listening to the song, “Word of God Speak.”

How is that for irony?

But, onto my point for replying to your post.

I found this to be a very good post – reminding us on what is really important: that we mustn’t forget to strive to listen to the Holy Spirit and what Christ teaches us from on high.

Thank you for the time you spent posting this wonderful scripture and lesson from the Lord.

God-Bless.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is the Living Word of God in heaven who teaches us and guides us from heaven by way of the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

Revelation 19:13
And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God.

And the Bible is the Written Word of God on earth by which we can get acquainted with the Living Word of God who is now in heaven.

John 7:38
He who believes on Me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Matthew 4:4
But He answered, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

That includes what we garner from the Bible and that includes what Jesus, the Head of the body of the church, shows us by the Holy Spirit what we should do next:

John 5:19
Then Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do: for whatsoever things soever He {the Father} does, these also does the Son likewise.

If we want to be like Jesus, we have to do what Jesus did: wait on God to show us by the Spirit what we should do and say next. This is something IN ADDITION to Bible reading.

Acts 4:31
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

They didn't speak what they had READ in the Old Testament; they spoke what they were hearing by the Spirit inside of them.

Acts 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The Written Word of God on earth is important, but the Living Word of God in heaven is even more important. It is to the Living Word in heaven that the Written Word on earth points:

Matthew 17:5
While He {Jesus} yet spoke, look, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and look, a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear you Him.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement