Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Have You The Mind Of Christ?

Author Topic: Have You The Mind Of Christ?
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - The Definition of Christian Spiritual Warfare

Christian Spiritual Warfare: Cast Down Every Imagination

Our mind is the battlefield of spiritual warfare. Spiritual warfare is a battle for our mind between our evil imaginations and the glorious knowledge of God. The overall objective of spiritual warfare is to "have the mind of Christ". Key Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 10:5 advises on how to conduct spiritual warfare ...

The Objective of Christian Spiritual Warfare is Our Mind

Christian spiritual warfare is totally focused on the mind. What is in the balance is whether our mind will be controlled by the natural man or by the Spirit. The power of the Holy Spirit enables us to take on the mind of Christ. Key Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 2:16 defines the objective of spiritual warfare ...

Christian Spiritual Warfare Is a Fight of Faith

Christian spiritual warfare is all about faith. Christian faith and hope gives us the power to fight in order to have the mind of Christ and lay hold of eternal life. Key Bible Verse: 1 Timothy 6:12 defines spiritual warfare as the good fight of faith ...

Christian Spiritual Warfare is One of Endurance

Christian spiritual warfare does not end when someone accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This is only the beginning of spiritual warfare. Spiritual warfare then becomes a battle of endurance. Yes we have the assurance of salvation, but we will now have to endure a great fight of afflictions. Key Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:32 defines spiritual warfare as a battle of endurance ...

Christian Spiritual Warfare Focuses On Christ and Not The Destruction of the Enemy

Again Christian spiritual warfare focuses totally on having the mind of Christ. Spiritual warfare does not focus on the destruction of the devil, the flesh, enemies, the world, or death. These things are already defeated (Psalms 6:4). Key Bible Verse: Psalms 6:4 David shows us how to conduct spiritual warfare. We do it through prayer and remembering God's promises...

http://www.access-jesus.com/christian-spiritual-warfare.html

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
The apostle Paul said, “We have the mind of Christ” (I Corinthians 2:16).
We only have the mind of Christ if by faith we let Jesus guide all our steps. If we are still doing our own planning and thinking, we don't have the mind of Christ; then we have our own mind still.

The only way that we have the mind of Christ is when we shut up (knowing that Jesus can see everything and we cannot see everything, so it's a smart move on our part to let Jesus do our thinking for us).

Only then if we say in the morning, "Jesus please guide my steps today", and then by faith we accept that whatever we hear in our mind and heart is coming from the Resurrected Jesus to the Holy Spirit inside of us, only THEN do we have the mind of Christ. If we're not listening to Jesus's Counsel, we only have our own mind still.

John 16
13Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus often said "Blessed are your eyes, for they see...your ears, for they hear"

what a privilege and honor to be indwelt by such a beautiful Lord!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post, my friend. [Big Grin]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAVE YOU THE MIND OF CHRIST

Do I see the beauty of a holy life as Jesus saw it? Do I see lost people through His eyes? Do I understand the eternal purpose of God with the same conviction that Jesus had?

The apostle Paul said, “We have the mind of Christ” (I Corinthians 2:16). What are the implications of having that mind?

In contrast to the pagan false “wisdom”, Paul sets forth the wisdom from God, “That is found in the righteousness and sanctification and wisdom of God in Christ. God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise.” Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

In God’s magnificent wisdom, He has been “well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe,” and the message preached is “Christ crucified.”

The unregenerate, sensual person who lives his life as if there is nothing beyond the physical “does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them because they are spiritually appraised” (I Cor. 2:14).

In contrast Paul says the believer in Christ has “received” not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things freely given to us by God” (v. 12).

We have the mind of Christ because we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us. Therefore, since we are new creatures in Christ, our habit of mental activity needs to be like that of Christ.

The apostle Paul uses the word “mind” signifying the exercise of the mind, including our emotional and spiritual responses creating activity. It refers to understanding, intelligence, and mental presence. It is the whole knowledge of Christ including emotions and volitions based on thought.

Perhaps John 17 reveals the mind of Christ in its rare beauty. “Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, ‘Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life’” (John 17:1-2). That is the passion of God incarnate. He came to reveal the Father and give eternal life to all who will believe on Him. In the mind of Christ, we understand the cross. Only then will the passion of our preaching be “Christ crucified.” "For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified" (1 Cor. 2:2).

The mind of Christ is revealed in the cross. In the mind of Christ we see “the beauty of holiness.” Christ came to reveal the holiness of the Father and the sinfulness of sin. The cross of Jesus exposes our sins, and we stand condemned before a righteous God. The cross reveals the mind of our Savior who knew no sin and became so identified with us that He gave Himself as the substitutionary sacrifice on our behalf. The mind of Christ reveals an attitude of self-emptying and humility so profound that He would empty Himself “taking the form of a bond-servant and being made in the likeness of men” and give Himself a ransom for sin. "Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross" (Philippians 2:8).

Jesus saw everything in perpetual relationship to His Father. He saw the whole universe related to the Father and for that reason He gave His life in obedience to Him. The master passion of Christ Jesus was to glorify His Father in saving sinful man.

“We have the mind of Christ” when we see the Father in all of His holiness. “We have the mind of Christ” when we see sin as it breaks the heart of a holy and righteous God. We have the mind of the Savior when we understand the penalty for sin must be paid in full by a divine, sinless substitute. “We have the mind of Christ” when we feel the passion of His soul in submission to the will of God, even unto death.

If I have the mind of Christ, I can see the infinite beauty of holiness as He saw it when He clothed me in the robes of His perfect righteousness. "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Do I have that same passion to see lost people as He saw them? If I have the mind of Christ, I will pour out my life in obedient sacrifice and believe and trust in Him.

http://www.abideinchrist.com/selah/oct27.html

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement