Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » As ye therefore have received Him!

Author Topic: As ye therefore have received Him!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then be holy wyldb. If you can be, then Jesus died in vain on the Cross. Because, quite simply, you cannot 'be'. Because 'to be' Holy, as I wrote, (not that I was the first) is to 'do'. And if you could 'do' it, then Jesus died in vain. And it is not by 'works' but by faith', as is stated over and over, but in utter vain.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
You are not called called to be 'something',

Not Biblical.

We are called unto holiness. We are called to be Holy.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Leviticus 11:44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
You are not called called to be 'something', or someone. Because to be something, or to be someone is to be so by 'doing'. But HE is doing. We are having. We cannot 'do' anything to be anyone.

He is doing, because HE is 'being'. That is why HE says, "I AM that I AM." It is because, He is! And because HE is, therefore we have, if we believe. That is the essence of salvation. It is the essence of relationship.

The essence of relationship is two persons interacting with their own wills and emotions and mind. It is MY mind which is washed by the Word. It is MY mind which is being renewed with new programming from the Word of God and from the inner counsel by the Holy Spirit.

It is a relationshp and partnership between me and God; the only difference from my former life before I was saved is that in my former life I, the soul, was the operator of my soul and body.

But now that I am saved, my spirit is in charge of my soul and my body, and my spirit in turn gets its counsel and directions from the Holy Spirit of God.

But m soul is just as active as it was before, even more active as I, the soul, now execute the directions I, the soul, am now receiving from my spirit.

It is now a true relationship and partnership between God and me, but I am still a very active part of it.

Michael Harrison continued
quote:
Because HE IS; because HE does, we have, through the Blood of Jesus Christ, His Son. Therefore we don't 'do' it. We have it (if we receive it)! It is done. We cannot add to it.[/quote[It's true, we do not do the operating of our body anymore; our spirit with input from the Spirit of God now operates both our soul and body.

But when you say, "we don't do it!", it is true that I, my soul, no longer do MY OWN THINKING and I no longer EXECUTE MY OWN IDEAS, but I still do what the Holy Spirit and my spirit ask me to DO. I still DO A LOT OF STUFF, but it is NOT my "old man", my "old soul" who now does the operating, because it is now my spirit which does the operating.

But I, my soul, still have lots of stuff to do, not the least of which is actually LISTENING to my spirit instead of trying to take up the reins of operating my body again without my spirit's input.

Lastly, Michael Harrison said[quote]We can receive it, through faith. Therefore, all that HE is, we have, because HE does.

He can DO what He wants, but if WE do not DO what HE asked us to do, still ain't nothing gonna happen.

love, Eden
"we should be busier than ever now that God is in charge thru the Spirit"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not called called to be 'something', or someone. Because to be something, or to be someone is to be so by 'doing'. But HE is doing. We are having. We cannot 'do' anything to be anyone.

He is doing, because HE is 'being'. That is why HE says, "I AM that I AM." It is because, He is! And because HE is, therefore we have, if we believe. That is the essence of salvation. It is the essence of relationship. Because HE IS; because HE does, we have, through the Blood of Jesus Christ, His Son. Therefore we don't 'do' it. We have it (if we receive it)! It is done. We cannot add to it.

We can receive it, through faith. Therefore, all that HE is, we have, because HE does.

• Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

How did ye receive HIM? Did you beat yourself? Did you agonize? Did you reward someone else? Did you promise to be good?

Ye did receive Him by faith. That means that you 'believed', and accepted HIS will for your life, without which ye did not receive HIM, but rather suppose yourself to have earned His blessing by some manner of contrition, or merit, in which case you are dead in your sins. God's grace will share nothing with those who 'earn' it by self will. It is a 'gift'. Therefore, as ye have received the 'gift' so walk ye. This means that you walk by 'receiving', not by doing.

So,
  • Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Therefore you walk by receiving Him, not by doing unto Him.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement