Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Mediator

Author Topic: Mediator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mediator.

John 5:22
For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son.

John 5:27
And He has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of man.

God the Father is so kind that He has given all judgment to His Son because His Son has been a Son of man and so can judge even more fairly than His Father.

So God the Father said to the Son, "You've been through it, You judge on behalf of Both of Us".

with love, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MEDIATOR (Advocate, Go-between, Representative)

In what ways is Jesus Christ our mediator with God?

BIBLE READING: 1 Timothy 2:1-15

KEY BIBLE VERSE: For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time. (1 Timothy 2:5-6, NIV)

Jesus bridges the chasm of sin separating us from God. We human beings are separated from God by sin, and only one person in the universe is our mediator and can stand between us and God and bring us together again—Jesus, who is both God and man. Jesus’ sacrifice brought new life to all people. Have you let him bring you to the Father?

BIBLE READING: Romans 1:1-17

KEY BIBLE VERSE: Let me say first of all that wherever I go I hear you being talked about! For your faith in God is becoming known around the world. How I thank God through Jesus Christ for this good report, and for each one of you. (Romans 1:8, TLB)

Jesus is the one through whom we give our thanks to God. Paul uses the phrase “I thank God through Jesus Christ” to emphasize the point that Christ is the one and only mediator between God and humans. Through Christ, God sends his love and forgiveness to us; through Christ, we send our thanks to God.

BIBLE READING: Hebrews 7:11-28

KEY BIBLE VERSE: Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. (Hebrews 7:25, NIV)

Jesus represents us before God the Father. As our high priest, Christ is our advocate, the mediator between us and God. He looks after our interests and intercedes for us with God. The Old Testament high priest went before God once a year to plead for the forgiveness of the nation’s sins; Christ makes perpetual intercession before God for us. Christ’s continuous presence in heaven with the Father assures us that our sins have been paid for and forgiven (see Romans 8:33-34; Hebrews 2:17-18; 4:15-16; 9:24). This wonderful assurance frees us from guilt and from fear of failure.

(The Handbook of Bible Application)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement