Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » When the salt has lost its savor?

Author Topic: When the salt has lost its savor?
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The interpretation of scripture is always line upon line, here a little there a little….

First the seed, then the blade, then the full ear of corn. or as baby desiring the sincere milk of the word that we may grow there by.

Anytime you read my post understand one thing, the longsuffering of Yahweh is on the top of the list of my understanding of Yahweh’s dealing with all men/women.

Yahweh does not desire any to perish but all to come to repentance.

That's short but I hope it answers your question.

But in my personal relationship with Yahweh, I was much salter when I first experienced Yeshua coming into my life.

First love is something that has to guarded.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, that was a very nice post, becauseHElives; however, you seem to expect that EVEN NEW Christians can produce that kind of fruit and you SEEM to imply that if a Christian IS NOT producing that king of fruit, they cannot BE a Christian.

becauseHElives, do you agree that more mature Christians are BETTER ABLE through study of the Word and listening to the Holy Spirit allows mature Christians to BE SALT to the earth in terms of flavor-enhancer.

But one can hardly expect that a BRANDNEW Christian is rightaway TOTAL SALT from the pepper that they were before?

Isn't there a distinction to be made between mature Christians and new Christians when you talk abou the salt "having lost its savor" as if we Chrisians "have" lost the savor of our salt?

Thanks, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every sacrifice is to be salted. "Every offering of your grain offering you shall season with salt; you shall not allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering. With all your offerings you shall offer salt." (Leviticus 2:13)

Salt (Hebrew: melach) is another of the substances common to man that took on symbolic significance in the Torah.

We know it best as a flavor enhancer and preservative, which is primarily why Yahshua described his followers as "the salt of the earth" (Matthew 5:13),

rhetorically asking, "What good are you if you don’t do what salt does--making the world a better place?"

But salt also has negative, destructive uses.

It has the ability to make land barren and infertile--worthless for any productive purpose (cf. Judges 9:45).

Indeed, Israel’s fields were sowed with salt by Hadrian in 135 A.D. in his effort to permanently sever the Jews’ ties to the Land in the wake of Rabbi Akiba’s disastrous endorsement of Bar Kochba as Israel’s Messiah.

Preservation or destruction--the choice is ours to make, and we are reminded of this by adding salt to every grain sacrifice. (Salt is not specifically mentioned in reference to sacrifices other than the minha.)

This dual potential was (perhaps) the origin of yet another metaphorical use for salt.

A "covenant of salt" (the brit melach--mentioned in Numbers 18:19 and II Chronicles 13:5) confirmed a relationship using salt as a symbol of its permanence and binding nature--and the damage that would result if the covenant was broken.

A covenant of salt was characterized as perpetual, irrevocable, and serious.

One type of salt covenant bound a subject to his king. The phrase melach hekal melachna’ meant "to be under obligation," literally, to "eat salt of the palace."

This implied the subject’s solemn oath of loyalty to the interests of the king, since he was in the king’s debt.

So when Yahweh commanded that "with all of your offerings you shall offer salt,"

He was telling us that because every Levitical grain sacrifice was a reflection of His own commitment to His provision of redemption of mankind, the addition of salt duly demonstrated our obligation to be loyal and thankful.

this is from....

http://theownersmanual.net/The_Owners_Manual_12_Sacrifices_and_Offerings.Torah

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement