Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » do we speak with more gracious words than we used to?

Author Topic: do we speak with more gracious words than we used to?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More gracious words

2 Kings 13:23
And the LORD was gracious to them, and had compassion on them, and had respect unto them, because of His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not destroy them, neither cast He them from His presence, as yet.

Joel 2:13
And rend your heart and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repents Him of the evil {that He had decided to exact on them}.

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for His name.

Luke 4:22
And all bore Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, Is not this the son of Joseph?

As bornagain Christians, are we a “little bit more gracious" than we used to be?

Do we for instance speak "more gracious words” than we used to speak, after having learned from the Bible the goodly words of how God speaks and of how God thinks.

And have we heard the kindly and gracious and compassionate way that the Holy Spirit speaks to us in His wise counsel?

After some years of learning, we should at least have some "more gracious words” proceeding from our mouths than we used to have proceeding out of it, Amen?

I'm not saying that we'll be like Jesus, but at least we should speak with more grace (mercy and compassion and kindness) than we used to speak with BEFORE we read the Bible and listened to the Holy Spirit, Amen?

But just there lies the problem. Are we reading the Bible, as much as is in us to read it? Not continuously necessarily, I have periods when I'm suddenly voracious for the words of the Bible and then I have other periods when I don't read the Bible for weeks, sometimes even not for months!

But then I get voracious for more gracious words from the Bible again. I also have been listening to the kind counsel of the Holy Spirit; I love the fact that the Holy Spirit is such a "considerate Gentleman/Gentlewoman". (If I may say, "In Him was both male and female")

In my voraciousness, I read several books of the Bible again. I turn on the New Testament tapes in my car again. I learn some more gracious words from the Bible of God; I have more faith again. I'm blessed once again with "more of God."

But then I may read something else for a while again, but what I read IS usually RELATED to the Bible, like, right now I'm reading Hasidic Tales of the Holocaust, so that I can realize WHERE the Jews were located in the Dispersion in the 1939-1945 period in Europe west of the Urals and Caucasian Pass:

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

But in my reading material, I stay close to the Bible and do not go far to the left or to the right:

Ezekiel 10
11 When they {the wheels} went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place where the head looked they followed; they turned not as they went.

Neither do I stray too far in my reading from the where the wheels were going. Do I speak with more gracious words than I used to? I think so, overall.

Matthew 23:12
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Be blessed, readers and hearers of the Word of God and listeners to the Holy Spirit.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement