Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Blessings (Page 5)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28 

Author Topic: Blessings
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 4, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Sweeter As We Grow

Psalms 34:8
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

The closer we walk with God, the sweeter the relationship grows. The longer we trust Him, the sweeter the relationship is. This is not the time to test greener grounds. This is the time to determine within ourselves that we are going to walk with God until we die or until the rapture.

We must not allow ourselves to become discouraged by false teachers who would deny the rapture. God’s Word is truth. Jesus will come for us and we will rise to meet Him in the clouds.

Never forget that whether we live or die God will always be with us. He will never forsake us. Throw away fear and put all your trust in our Heavenly Father. The more we trust God the sweeter our relationship with God will be.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 3, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Wait Before Responding

We often respond to offenses in haste and in anger. God wants us to take time to pray and calm down. Sometimes our best response is to do what the last press secretary’s favorite response was ( I will have to circle back to it). It is better to wait than speak in haste.

Waiting gives us time for our anger to cool down. Waiting gives us time to think over the situation. Waiting gives us time to seek advice from others. We may find that a third party can see both sides can see where we were in the wrong, too. In anger, we cannot often see both sides of a situation. Most of all, waiting gives us time to pray over our situation.

When we spend some time with God, we will be able to do what God always wants us to do and that is to react in love.

1 John 4:7
New King James Version
Knowing God Through Love
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

This does not mean the person will react in kind, but the person will know that we are Christians in all circumstances. Reactions in anger can kill our testimony.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2022
Happy Friday,

Abundant Life

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
John 10:1

While God provides our needs, He is more concerned about our spiritual health. We will take none of our physical possessions to Heaven. It is our spiritual possessions that we will take into Heaven.

It is our spiritual well-being that sees us through troubled times. Yet, we often spend more time and money on our bodies that will be left behind when we go to Heaven, than our spiritual being.

Let us choose to spend more time and effort in growing spiritually and asking God to help us to live in His Will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 202w
Happy Thursday,

Encourage One Another In The Lord

Hebrews 3:13
New International Version
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

Every Christian can be an encourager. It does not matter what our physical handicaps are, we can still offer a word of encouragement to a fellow believer.

These days are stressful and we can become easily discouraged. Yet, we do not have to allow ourselves to become discouraged. We can go to our Heavenly Father and ask for help.

1 Samuel 30:6 ESV
And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Listen to praise and worship music and sing along. Make it a form of worship to God. Ask God to fill your heart with joy. Read encouraging Scriptures and then share them with others. Remind yourself of the times God answered your prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 30, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Be Grateful

As November ends let us continue having a thankful heart for the rest of the year. When we are grateful for what we have, we are less likely to lust after new things.

We have so much more than many people in other Countries. While everything is not perfect in America, we live in peace. God has been so good to America.

We do not have to fear the future. God will be there with us. Trust God to get us through today and let tomorrow take care of itself.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28, 2022
Happy Monday,

Why It Is Dangerous To Miss The Rapture?

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
King James Version
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The tribulation will be the worse thing that has ever happened to this world, even worse than the flood in Noah’s day. The tribulation will be a time of God’s judgment on those who rejected salvation through His Son. Judgment on those who loved their sin more than salvation.

We have all heard of the four horses of judgment. These horses will bring great tragedy to this world. Many will die during these days. This comes about when Jesus opens the first 4 seals. Two more seals will be open which will cause great destruction to this planet.

There will be people saved during this time but only God knows who will open their eyes to the truth and who will be beyond seeing the truth, because of the strong delusion. Now is the time to accept salvation. There is no guarantee of salvation after the rapture.

It is so much better to spend the tribulation time in Heaven with God. Sinners come to Christ, while it is still time, and forsake your sins and walk in the Righteousness of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 27, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Choose Joy

I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!
John 15:11

We cannot always choose what happens to us. Things come into our lives that we do not like. We can choose to have a heart of joy. Even amid rough circumstances, we can choose to be joyful knowing that Jesus is always with us. He will never forsake us.

When we remember our future in Heaven we can walk through the storms of life with a joyful heart, pressing onward to our reward of Heaven. Praise God through all circumstances and worship His Holy Name. When we enter the gates of Heaven, all our suffering will be a distant memory.
Betty

Psalm 146:1-3
New King James Version
The Happiness of Those Whose Help Is the Lord
Praise[a] the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!

While I live I will praise the Lord;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

Do not put your trust in princes,
Nor in [b]a son of man, in whom there is no [c]help.

2 Samuel 22:4
New King James Version
4 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 26, 2022
Happy Saturday,

This Is Not Our Home

“The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can't supply is proof that Heaven must be our home.”
― C.S. Lewis

When we are adopted into the family of God, there is a part of us that longs to be in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We have work to do on our earth for God. This is why people do not go to Heaven the moment that they are saved. Yet, there is a longing in us to be with God.

When we love God and people, we should long to see them accept God as their Savior, too! The truth is we cannot push, force, or threaten people with the truth about hell to get them saved. Our job is to share the truth of the Gospel with others and pray for them. We cannot save anyone. Only God can save lost souls. Do not give up on the lost. Continue to pray for them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you.

November 25, 2022
Happy Friday,

No More Tears

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain. Revelation 21:4

There is coming a day, when we will never suffer loss again. Pain will just be a faded memory. This is more than being hopeful. This is a promise from our Heavenly Father.

We can live each day knowing without a doubt that a new day is coming. When we shall walk on streets of gold. When we can literally sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to His words of wisdom. When we can walk and talk with our loved ones who have gone before us.

Let us not live as children without hope for blessed hope is the rapture. Soon God will call His children home to Heaven.
Betty

Romans 8:12-17
New King James Version
Sonship Through the Spirit
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58
New King James Version
Our Final Victory
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a [a]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O[b] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

--------------------

arikel88
Advanced Member
Member # 16255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arikel88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy thanks giving to y'all.
Posts: 37 | From: mexico | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 24, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Happy Thanksgiving

Today, like my family there is a feeling of grief for those that are not with us. This is normal but it is still hard. Yet, we still have many things to be grateful for.

We still have family members to celebrate with. We still have a roof over our heads and food on the table. If we just look around there are many things to be grateful for.

We can and should praise God for our blessings. We should pray for those less fortunate than us. Pray for those who are in the hospital and cannot be with their family today. Pray for Military members far from home. Let this Thanksgiving be a day that we have grateful hearts and a day of offering up praises to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 23, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“Senseless Killings”

Senseless killings in how the media is referring to the last two horrible events in one week. God warned us that in the last days lawlessness would increase and we are seeing this playing out before our eyes.

How does someone get to the point where they are willing to murder strangers? It starts with hate. When hate is not dealt with, it leads to bitterness. Sadly bitterness often leads to murder.

We need not fear the days we are living in if our trust is in God. As Paul said to live, God is with us, to die, we will be with God. When we know for sure where we are going when we die, we need not live in fear. Our goal should be to live every day for God. Working for God’s Kingdom until God calls us home. The closer we walk with God the less we will fear.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Tuesday 22, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

The “New” Commandments
‘RELIGIOUS LEADERS TO MEET ON MT. SINAI FOR ‘PROPHETIC CALL FOR CLIMATE JUSTICE’ AND ‘CEREMONY OF REPENTANCE’

It was no accident that Religious leaders chose Mt.Sinai to unveil their new commandments, the place where God gave Moses the Ten Commandments. This place was chosen to show God that mankind did not need God’s Commandments because mankind made their own.

There is nothing wrong about striving to protect the earth but mankind now worships the earth over God. The Bible said that would happen. The earth is not to be worshipped we are to worship God who created the earth. Is the creation more powerful than the creator?

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. — John 1:3 (KJV)

Forty thousand attended this event including 100 world leaders. While the news did not make a big noise about this event it was a big event.

“The multifaith event – led by the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development – is part of the 27th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP27), which is taking place in the Sinai Peninsula, in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt from November 6-18.”

This event was to unite the world in the Climate Change Religion. Make no mistake this is soon to be the world’s new religion, uniting several religions into one.

“Bringing together representatives from Christianity, Progressive Christian Mysticism, Judaism, and Islam, there is no world in which these interfaith prayer events are anything but blasphemous petitions to a Holy God.”

Those of us who study prophecy, know that this prophecy is being fulfilled before our eyes. This should not frighten us because it means that we are getting close to the rapture.

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Fear not but trust God for He is in control. As the Bible says we need to get our house in order and be ready to meet our Lord and Master.
Betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanx

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2022
Happy Saturday,

God Knows Me

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. Psalm 139:1

READ Psalm 139:1–12

All of us have hidden thoughts, dreams, and fears that we share with no one. God knows us better than we know ourselves. We can go to God with everything. He loves us despite our faults. We can trust God in every situation.

We should pray that God will help us love one another and to speak the truth in love. The Bible says the truth will set us free. Remember the times we are living in and seek to walk in righteousness and truth. Allow God to use us for His Glory. Work for God while we can. Press onward as we watch for the rapture.
Betty

Titus 2:13
New King James Version
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2022
Happy Friday,

He Will Strenthen Us”

“Promise #322:
I look throughout the earth to strengthen those who belong to Me. 

2 Chronicles 16:9 (WEB)
For the eyes of Yahweh run back and forth throughout the whole earth,
to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him”

We all get tired and weary. Many of us have one or more chronic health issues. The devil likes to poke at us and upset us. We can become discouraged. Yet, God wants to strengthen us, if we will only ask Him.

Do not compare your older self with your younger self. Instead of focusing on what you can no longer do. Focus on what you can do. Look for the positives in your life. Even us older people can be used by God. We may be doing other things than we used to, but we are still important to the Heavenly Father.
Betty

Hebrews 12:1-2
New King James Version
The Race of Faith
12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the [a]author and [b]finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 17, 2022
Happy Thursday

Take Your Request To God

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

We often keep our needs and desires to ourselves rather than taking them to our Heavenly Father. He wants to hear our request. He wants us to trust Him with the desires of our hearts. God wants us to share our thoughts with Him.

When we open our hearts up to God we strengthen our relationship with God. It is important to have a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father, especially in these days. Let us talk to God often and seek His will for our lives.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

“Keep Your Guard Up”

Be careful, and watch yourselves closely. Deuteronomy 4:9

The longer we have been Christians, the easier it can sometimes be for us to fall into a snare set by the devil. We can become complacent. We can be guilty of neglecting our prayers and Bible reading. No one arrives at their destination until they reach Heaven. Until then we can still be tempted to give in to temptations. Let us begin each day with prayer and end each day with prayer.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 14, 2022
Happy Monday,

God Is Our Refuge

Psalm 57:1-3
New King James Version
Prayer for Safety from Enemies
To the Chief Musician. Set to [a]“Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who [b]would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

We all experience troubles. Whether it is sickness, financial, or loss of a family member. In these times the devil tries to get us to blame God. Yet the best thing we can do is run to God for comfort.

If we react in anger, we close ourselves off from receiving help from God. We have allowed the devil to win the battle. When we seek the face of God we open ourselves up to receive help and blessings from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 13, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

The Sin Of Pride

Proverbs 16:18
New King James Version
18 Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

We have seen many in the public eye who gave into pride and were destroyed by it. Pride and arrogance can blind a person to their own sins and reality. It is sad to see someone destroyed by pride.

We can avoid pride when we give credit to God for our success. When we realize that any talent we have was given to us by God, we will no longer be inclined to take pride in our accomplishments. Praise God when we are successful and seek comfort from God, when we fail.

Hebrews 13:15
New King James Version
15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, [a]giving thanks to His name.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 12, 2022
Happy Saturday,

“The Lord Looks At The Heart”

1 Samuel 16:7
New King James Version
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have [a]refused him. For[b] the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Many people (men and women) spend a fortune to enhance their looks. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look your best, but too often people can become obsessed with their outward appearance, while their soul is filthy.

Matthew 23:27
New King James Version
27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

Earthly beauty lasts only so long. Even those who spend a fortune on surgeries, age catches up with everyone. On the other hand, eternity never ends.

When Jesus comes for His children our corruptible bodies will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:52
New King James Version
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Let us spend the most time on our internal beauty. Living for God, serving Him, worshipping Him, and praising Him. Looking with great anticipation for our blessed hope.

New King James Version
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

We are not children without hope for our redemption is coming soon.
Betty

Revelation 3:5
New King James Version
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 11, 2022
Happy Friday,

This last election showed how important abortion is to voters. This broke my heart. It is hard for me to fathom how the killing of babies is the most important ‘right’ to so many people. More important than the economy, immigration, and crime.

As much as it pains me I know it pains God, more. Every baby is loved by God and it must break His heart to see people become unhinged at their fear of having their right to terminate a pregnancy taken away.

We must remind ourselves that God warned us of these days and the lawlessness that is growing. Fear, not the future, for God, is and will be with us.

This world is not going to get better. The Bible said it will get worse, but soon we will be leaving this world and the world will come under judgment by God. Hold on to your faith in God. Keep looking up for your redemption is coming soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 10, 2022
Happy Thursday,

“Meditate On These Things”

Philippians 4:8-9
New King James Version
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

We indeed need to be aware of what is happening in the world today, but we must not become so focused on the evil around us that we sink into despair. Paul cautions us to meditate on good things.

Meditate on God’s Word and the works of God. Remind ourselves that even in an evil world, God is still doing marvelous works. God has not lost His power and the victory is His.

We need not live in fear but trust in our Heavenly Father. Our future is in Heaven. We may suffer a little while, but it will be worth it all when we enter the gates of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 9, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Every married person has wakened to a mate who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. In their state, nothing you do or say can please them. This situation can either make you mad too or you can go to God and seek His help.

We are living in stressful times and it does not take much to set people off. We see road rage on the roads and angry people in stores. The best thing we can do is say a silent prayer for them. God will answer our prayers. Praying for one another is a blessing for us and the person we are praying for.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 8, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

The Holy Spirit Helps Us

Romans 8:26-27
New King James Version
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

When Jesus ascended into Heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit to help us. He helps us in many ways. He guides us, convicts us of our sins, and even prays for us.

There are times when we do not know what to pray for. When this happens, the Bible says that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. Communicating to God what we need.

When Jeff died, many times my prayers were just begging God to help me. It is good to know that the Holy Spirit communicated my precise needs to God. God provides our needs even to the point of having the Holy Spirit express our needs when we are unable to.

We serve a marvelous God who cares about our smallest needs to our greatest needs. We can trust God in every aspect of our lives. The more we love and trust God, the less fear we will have.

1 John 4:18
New King James Version
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

When satan tempts us to fear, cry out to God and seek His peace. If we ask, He will provide.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 7, 2022
Happy Monday,

He Will Not Forsake You

Daily Prayer for November 7
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Has the Lord ever abandoned anyone who held him in constant reverence? Has the Lord ever ignored anyone who prayed to him? The Lord is kind and merciful; he forgives our sins and keeps us safe in time of trouble. Ecclesiasticus 2:10–11, TEV
Dear Father in heaven, Mighty God in heaven and on earth, quicken us by the Word you have sent and by all you have done for us in your mercy and steadfast love. Keep us eager and joyful even in difficult and troubled days. Grant us unfailing trust in you, to give us firm ground under our feet so that we can always thank and glorify you. For you, O Lord, are our God. You are our Father, and you will never forsake your children in all eternity. Amen.”

This is the third Christmas without Jeff. This year is harder for his wife and us. I believe the last two years we have been in a cocoon of shock, but now reality is stepping in. A reality that is cold and hard and painful.

There are two ways to respond to this. One is to grow hard and bitter. The other is to draw closer to God. Bitterness eats at a person and can make you sick. Drawing close to God will bring peace.

This does not mean we will not have bad days. Some days, it tears me up, just to look at his picture. There are still times when I question why God allowed my son to die. Yet, I always find comfort in praying and praising God.

My friends we all have trials and troubles. Seek God first and not last when you feel overwhelmed. There will come a day when all death and sickness will be gone forever. The pain and suffering we have now will be forgotten. Until that day, seek the Lord every day for help and comfort.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 6, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

“Dwell In Your Hearts

Ephesians 3:17

“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,”

God wants to have a personal relationship with us. Can we even be saved without a personal relationship with God? I honestly do not think so. It is also wrong for us to get saved as a baby Christians and never grow up. We are still saved but we cheat ourselves and God by this.

2 Peter 3:18
New King James Version
18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

When we grow in Grace and knowledge we strengthen our relationship with God. We become spiritually stronger. Our joy in the Lord increases and we are more able to withstand temptations.

We must make room in our lives for God, for our relationship to grow. The more we talk to God and meditate on His Word, the more we grow. In hard times we need a living working relationship with God.

. • “Thank Him for what He is doing in you - Live a life of praise and thanksgiving. Choosing to go deeper with God will pay off in the end. Thanksgiving brings joy and contentment.

* Refuse to listen to the devil- Just as those shallow trees fell in the hurricane, God does not want you to be shallow so that you fall in the end times. He wants to strengthen you now. Listen to God when He is calling you deeper, and accept His invitation.

* Be patient and don’t complain - Watch your speech and guard it carefully. Be one who speaks positive words that bring joy and faith to others.

* Be content with where you are- Thank Him for the depth He is developing in your life through your present circumstances. Let Him work intricately with your life.

* Cultivate holy aloneness with God on a daily basis- Plan it in your schedule. Sacrifice in order to give God your time. Make Jesus central in all that you do.”(1)

(1) https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/prayer/going-deeper-in-intimacy-with-god.html

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2022
Happy Saturday,

He Is Watching Over Us

Daily Prayer for November 5
“The eyes of the Lord are on those who love him, a mighty shield and strong support, a shelter from scorching wind and a shade from noonday sun, a guard against stumbling and a help against falling. Ecclesiasticus 34:19, NRSV
Lord God Almighty, whose eyes keep watch over the whole world, we come before you with the evil from our surroundings still clinging to us. Grant that our lives may be in your hands. Give us your strength to find the way, even through suffering and distress. For we are yours, O Lord our God, and you have chosen your people to be strong and to be freed from all evils. Help us, we beseech you. May we know that you are with us and may your Word bring us blessing, to the glory of your name forever. “Amen

I woke myself, crying in my dream. It is harder nowadays for me to shake off dreams so I laid in bed trying to collect my thoughts. In today's world, we see things that can shake us up. We can become overly disturbed by the evil happening in this world.

When we are overcome with despair over things happening around us, go to God. He told us that lawlessness would increase in the last days. We were told this not to scare us but to be aware of the days that we are living in.

Things will get worse but remind ourselves as evil abounds, it means we are closer than ever to the rapture. Take our fears to God and seek His comfort.
Betty

Luke 21:28
New King James Version
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 4, 2022
Happy Friday,

God knows Us

Promise #308:
“I know everything about you and am mindful of all your ways.

Psalm 139:1-3 (WEB)
1 Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me.
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.”

Today is one of those brain fog days for me. I thought it was Saturday. I thought my niece was talking to me from my echo machine. Days like this could be scary for me, but there are not because God gives me peace.

Even on days of confusion, I know that God knows me. I need not fear what is happening to my brain for I can put complete trust in God. When we give everything to God, fear will flee.

All of us have things in our lives that can make us fear. We need not fear the future. Whatever happens, God will be with us. We must make the effort to trust God.
Betty

Isaiah 26:3
New King James Version
3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 3, 2022
Happy Thursday,

A World Of Many Voices

My sheep listen to my voice. John 10:27

Many voices are speaking out in this world. Many things are spoken are not of God. We must use discernment of what voices we are going to take to heart. Some voices speak falsehoods. Some voices speak discouragement. One voice we can always trust is the voice of God.

How do we know that the voice we hear is God’s voice? We study the Bible so that we can know the heart of God. If the voice we hear speaks things that are contrary to the Word of God, then the voice is not God. God is not going to tell us to sin.

While the Holy Spirit will convict us of sin, He is not going to speak doubts and fears into our minds. When voices not of God seek to tempt us to sin, we cry out to God for strength to resist temptation. When we are depressed and discouraged, we go to God’s Holy Word and read Scriptures of encouragement. We can find our needs met when we seek the face of God and ask Him for help.
Betty

Jeremiah 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

Psalm 91:15-16
New King James Version
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With [a]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 2, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Be Heavenly Minded

Daily Prayer for November 2
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:1–2, NIV
Lord our God, we thank you for sending into our lives so much that turns our thoughts to things above and enables us always to look to you. Through Jesus Christ send us what is of heaven. Send what is of heaven into every single life and into the lives of the nations, so that something good may arise and the glory does not go to the Devil but to your Spirit, your heavenly Spirit alone. In their stubbornness people intend to do evil, but you can turn it all to the good. You can change everything. This is our faith. We hope in you, and we want to put our lives in your hands. Bless us with heavenly riches and power. “Amen

The things of this world can so overwhelm us that we lose sight of Heaven.
Forgetting that this life is fleeting and Heaven is eternal, we can become focused on acquiring things of this earth, rather than storing up eternal rewards.

The Heavenly Father knows that we have earthly needs and if we trust in Him, He will provide them. It is possible to take care of our families and still be Heavenly minded. It is a manner of having our priorities straight. The first step is to seek God’s will in all things. The second is to have a heart of worship. Praising and worshipping God throughout the day.

Rejoice in the good things that God provides for us each day and seek to live Godly lives. Trust Him to provide the needs of this life and eternity of joy in our future.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 1, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

Learning To Be Content

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” 

Shall not implies a choice. God does provide our needs, but we must learn to be content with what we have. This time of year begins many commercials trying to convince us we will be happier with the latest new thing.

New kitchen gadgets, cookware, electronics, and of course a new car. One commercial after another implies that happiness comes in stuff. While there is convince in many items, we can soon have kitchen counters overrun with so numerous kitchen gadgets. A new car is great until we have to make the first payment.

Learning to be content is a blessing. When we are content, often God supplies things that we want. God is a generous God. Remember our biggest need is peace of mind and contentment.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 31, 2022
Happy Monday,

Running A Race

“Promise #304:
I promise a crown of life to all who love Me despite their trials.

James 1:12 (WEB)
Blessed is the man who endures temptation, for when he has been approved,
he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.”

As Paul says, the prize goes to the winner. In the spiritual race, there are millions of winners. People who stay true to God to the end. We must not allow the world to sidetrack us from our mission. We do not want to get to Heaven by the skin of our teeth. We want to enter Heaven as overcomers.

We do not want to enter Heaven ashamed because we allowed doubts and fears to overcome us. If we take our eyes off of God there is a lot to fear, in this world. We do not have to take our eyes off God. We can choose to live for God and honor Him to the very end.

We must obey God in a world where many Scriptures are unpopular with the masses. Our goal should not be to achieve popularity in this world. Our goal is to live to please Jesus. We must choose to God above all else.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 30, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Christ Must Be Our Foundation
Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.
Matthew 7:24-25

Salvation comes through the blood of Jesus. We cannot enter Heaven any other way than through Jesus. Being a good person will not get us a ticket to Heaven.

When our foundation is built on Jesus, we can withstand the rain and winds. The closer we walk with God the stronger our foundation becomes. When we go through the fire, we either break or grow stronger. We choose either to run from God or to run to God when things get bad. When we run to God, He will give us the strength to not only survive the storm but to grow in grace and righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 29, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Walk In The Light

Daily Prayer for October 29
“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. Psalm 89:15–16, NIV
Dear Father in heaven, how lovingly you have thought of us! How much good you let us experience again and again! So our hearts are happy, and we go to rest this night full of joy and thanks because we are your children. Our thanks and joy shall be our service to you day and night. More than this you do not ask, and in this we will be faithful. We want to be joyful and to be glad for our lives. Even when we face dark hours, O Lord our God, we are filled with hope that brings us joy for the future as well as for the present, with assurance that your salvation is coming. We rejoice in what you give us already today. “Amen.

As God’s children, we have been given the Holy Word of God so that we can walk in the light.

Psalm 119:105
King James Version
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Unfortunately, some choose to walk in darkness. Not wanting the light of truth to shine on their sins so that they can be convicted and repent. I have heard since I was a kid to let your conscience be your guide, but over time a person's conscience can become seared and no longer able to convict us of sins.

We must choose to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. We must walk according to the Word of God. Contrary to many, God has not changed His mind on sin. When we seek to walk in righteousness and truth, we can learn to be content in our circumstances.

Rejoice in the Lord, daily. Talk to Him throughout the day. Praise Him in all circumstances. When we do this we can learn to be content. Pray for one another.
Betty

King James Version
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 28, 2022
Happy Friday,

There are times when troubles come at us unexpectedly. When this happens we can go into panic mode. We do not have to fall to pieces. Instead, let us go directly to God first and fall into His arms.

Seek God everyday, in good times and bad. Trust in Him, in all circumstances. When we do this we will find joy even in stressful times.
Remind ourselves that the joy of the Lord is our strength.

Nehemiah 8:10
New King James Version
10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 26, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Praising God in All Circumstances

“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 
1 Corinthians 10:31

Everything is better when we praise God in the midst of it. We cannot praise our Heavenly Father too much. It is easy to take for granted all the wonderful things God does and provides for us.

We all have bad times. We get sick, tired, and sometimes even depressed, but when we praise God despite our situation, God will bless and lift us up.
Fear not the things in this world. God has already overcome the world.

Pray for the sick and lost souls. Pray that God will guide us. The more we communicate with God the closer our walk will be with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

Shine Brightly For God

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 CSB)”

When we go out in the world, we do not always show our best side. Shopping can bring out our worse. Driving in heavy traffic can cause us to act in ways that are not Christian.

We do have to allow this to happen. We can pray before leaving the house. We can listen to praise and worship music in the car. In other words, we can prepare our minds and hearts for battle.

When we do mess up, seek forgiveness from God. It is not enough to vow to do better. We need to equip ourselves with the armor of God, before facing the world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 22, 2022
Happy Saturday,

We Need Strength and Peace

“Promise #295:
I will give you My strength and bless you with My peace.

Psalm 29:11 (WEB)
Yahweh will give strength to his people.”

There are days when we are hit with issues before we can even get out of bed. Satan can attack us just as we wake up and it is tempting o stay in bed and cover our heads and cry: “where is God?”

The answer God is with us. He has not abandon us. Remember we often grow in the Lord through adversities. Of course going through adversity is never pleasant. Our reaction to adversity will either help us grow spiritually or make us fall back a few steps.

When we walk with God consistently our reaction is more likely to be prayer rather a response of anger. We choose how close we want to walk with God. Walking closely with God will cost you. The closer to God you get, the more petty sins in your life you will see, and have to choose to either to repent and ask God to remove the sins or to make excuses for your sins. It is back to whether we want to walk in righteousness and truth or snuggle up with our sins. We must choose wisely. We might say to ourselves, it is such a little sin, but remember Jesus said that it is the little foxes that spoil the vine.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 21, 2022
Happy Friday,

In The Valley He Restoreth My Soul

Most Christians want to grow in the Lord and to be our spiritual best. Yet we do not want to through the requirements that promote growth. Most Of us like rejoicing on the mountaintop. Being in the valley is often hard dark times. Time of tears and despair that wants to sink us into depression. Yet, when we are in the valley if we keep praising God, He will give us peace in the Lord.

The closer to the rapture we get the more we should desire to live for the Lord to the fullest. The more we should want to posses the spiritual qualities God wants us to have. It is time to lay aside petty sins and to live in righteousness and the truth of God’s Word.

It is time to choose God over worldly pleasures. To seek to live for God all the way, every day. A Sunday Christian will not survive the days to come. If we cannot stand for truth in front of our friends and coworkers how will be able to stand in truth when it is illegal?

I admit I am a wimp and I would prefer the rapture happen before there is any persecution. Yet our God will equip us for whatever battle we must go through. Fear not, my friends God will never abandon His children.
Betty

"(In The Valley) He Restoreth My Soul"

When I'm low in spirit I cry, Lord, lift me up
I want to go higher with Thee
But nothing grows high on a mountain
So He picked out a valley for me

And He leads me beside still waters
Somewhere in the valley below
And He draws me aside to be tested and tried
In the valley He restoreth my soul

It's dark as a dungeon and the sun seldom shines
And I question Lord why must this be
Then He tells me there's strength in my sorrow
And there's victory in trials for me

And He leads me beside still waters
Somewhere in the valley below
And He draws me aside to be tested and tried
In the valley He restoreth my soul
Down in the valley He restoreth my soul.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2022
Happy Thursday,

Live in Righteousness

Pray Over This 
“Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” 
James 1:21

One thing that God has laid on my heart lately is living in Righteousness and God’s Truth. The ‘truth’ of the world is often filled with lies and partial truths. God’s truths are completely true and righteous.

We are to be living to please our Heavenly Father. Pleasing the world will lead us nowhere. What the world thinks is good today changes with the wind. The world turns on its own. One day you may be the world’s darling and the next day you are canceled.

Let us pray that God will guide us in living in rightness and holiness. May He bless each one of us with His love and kindness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 19, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Singing In The Night

God, my Maker, who gives songs in the night.
Job 35:10

When Jeff passed away it was songs that often brought me comfort. Singing in the bad times and in the middle of the night often will encourage us. We do not have to be great singers to sing.

COPD took away my ability to sing very long so often in the middle of the night I sing praises to God in my head. Singing praises to God blesses God and ourselves. There will be times that pain, grief, and despair will be so thick upon us that we are literally bringing sacrifice of praise to God.

My prayer is that I can be an encourager to those who read my blog and to remind ourselves that God is here for us always.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

We Need Not Live In Fear

Promise #291:
I will give you My power to destroy spiritual strongholds.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (WEB)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we don’t wage war according to the flesh; 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds, 5 throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;

I have spent too much time worrying about what could happen. We can waste time worrying for years. Even if what we dread happens, worrying only takes away the pleasure of the present.

Trust is living each day without worrying about tomorrow. We cannot change tomorrow so let us live each day to the fullest for God and walk in righteousness and trust in God.
Betty

Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2022
Happy Monday,

“The Night Is Nearly Over”

Daily Prayer for October 17
“The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12, NIV
Father in heaven, we thank you for giving us light. We thank you for the great hope for a day whose light is not of our making, whose source is in you, a day to come that can touch our lives already today. Keep our hearts steadfast, free of all human wavering. May we always hold to the love you have given through your grace, and may we find joy in your love, which is full of light and understanding. “Amen

The race is nearly over so let us not give up right before the finish line but seek to stay strong in our faith until we cross the finish line. We can grow weary and God’s Holy Word warns us of this. We are told not to quit but to draw nearer to God and seek strength from our Heavenly Father.

We all have burdens that we bear. We all have issues that cripple us in our walk with God. Yet, we can keep walking in faith if we trust God. There may be days that we limp but we can stay walking and not give up if we seek strength from God.

As Paul told us, keep our eyes on the prize that awaits us and not on the trials and temptations that beset us. Victory is ahead! I pray that God will encourage us all and give us the strength to keep going on and we do not fall down.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2022
Blessed Sunday,

I Will Take Care Of You

Promise #289:
If I look after the sparrows, I will certainly look after you.

Luke 12:6-7 (WEB)
6 “Aren’t five sparrows sold for two assaria coins? Not one of them is forgotten by God.
7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Therefore don’t be afraid.
You are of more value than many sparrows.

The devil likes to convince us that we are alone. There is a lot of trouble going on in this world today, but that does not mean that God has no time for our needs. He is always concerned about His children.

God created everyone but everyone is not His child. We have to accept His precious gift of salvation to be adopted into His family. He has paid the price for salvation, but we must accept His gift and turn away from our sins to be redeemed.

My friends, let us not give into fear but trust God in these days. The war has been won. One day Jesus Himself will come to this earth to judge those who refused His precious gift.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2022
Happy Saturday,

Help Us Yield, To God’s Will

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 
2 Timothy 2:15

Pray that God will help us to yield to the will of God. To work for God and to live our lives in righteousness so that we do not bring shame to God. It is so easy to fall into sin if we are not careful. The devil knows our weaknesses and what temptation that will entice us.

We do not need to live in fear but to arm ourselves with the armor of God and to prepare our hearts by reading God’s Holy Word and praying. The Lord Jesus wants to help us if we will only ask.

Pray for one another that we can withstand the arrows of the devil. Pray for God to strengthen so that we do not grow tired and weary. Trust God in all circumstances for His wisdom is above all. Encourage yourself in the promises of God and the knowledge of our reward of Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2022
Happy Friday,

Encourage On Another In The Lord

“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.”  1 Thess.5:11

Our brothers and sisters in the Lord need encouragement in the Lord, in these days. With today's technology, we can encourage one another without leaving the house. We can call or text words of encouragement to one another.

The Church sent people to encourage him.

“I am very glad that Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus have come here…They have been a wonderful encouragement to me, as they have been to you…” 1 Corinthians 16:17-18

In return, Paul sent Timothy to encourage the Church.

“...we sent Timothy to visit you. He is our brother and God’s co-worker in proclaiming the Good News of Christ. We sent him to strengthen you, to encourage you in your faith, and to keep you from being shaken by the troubles you were going through...” 1 Thessalonians 3:2-3

We can pray that God will bring someone to our minds that may need a word of encouragement. We can be used by God to encourage one another. These are hard times for many and unless God comes soon things will get harder. Encouragement will become essential to the body of Christ.

We can encourage one another to walk in righteousness and truth.
We can share the work that God is doing in our lives to give hope to others whose faith may be growing weak. Everyone has times when their faith grows weak and doubts enter their hearts. As Christians, we can open up our hearts to build one another up in faith in our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2022
Happy Wednesday,

Pray for Spiritual Wisdom

Ephesians 1:15-22
New King James Version
Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom
15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your [a]understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality[b] and [c]power and [d]might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,

In these times we need spiritual wisdom. Some more Preachers and teachers have left the truth of the Gospel and have compromised the Gospel. The world can influence us in ways we do not understand.

We need spiritual wisdom so that we stay firm in our faith and trust God. Pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen our faith and determination to walk in Holiness and Righteousness. Pray that God will keep us from becoming discouraged.

God wants to help us. We just need to ask Him and then trust Him to answer our prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2022
Happy Tuesday,

I Am Redeemed

Ephesians 1:7
New King James Version
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

Re·deem
/rəˈdēm/

verb
compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something): 
"a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech"
Similar
savecompensate for the defects ofrescuejustify

gain or regain possession of (something) in exchange for payment: 
"his best suit had been redeemed from the pawnbrokers"
Similar
retrieveregainrecoverget back

Jesus redeemed us with His precious blood. Our salvation is free to us but was bought with a cost by our Lord and Savior. We too often take our salvation, lightly or at times even for granted. This is sad. We must choose to remember the price that was paid so that we could be redeemed.

When we understand the price of redemption than not only do we love Jesus with all our heart, but we choose to avoid sins because of our love for Him. We will not have the desire to play with sin or to see how much we can get away with and still be saved. Instead we will yearn to live Holy and pure lives.
Betty

1 Corinthians 1:30-31
New King James Version
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— 31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Ephesians 1:7
New King James Version
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

Ephesians 4:30
New King James Version
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Colossians 1:9-14
New King James Version
Preeminence of Christ
9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and [a]conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption [b]through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 10, 2022
Happy Monday,

God Is A God Of Forgiveness

John 3:16-17
New King James Version
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

God wants to forgive mankind of their sins. He sent His Son to die for our sins. Jesus died a horrible death so that our sins could be forgiven. He did His part but we must do our part by admitting that we are a sinner, believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and confess sing our sins. This is often called the ABC of salvation.

A- Accepting that we are a sinner
B- Believing in Jesus
C-Confessing that Jesus is Lord

It takes all three. Many acknowledge that they are a sinner. Some even take pride in their sins. Many believe in Jesus but they refuse to turn from their sins. Believing that God must accept them as they are. Jesus does accept us as we are, but we must turn away from our sins.

When we refuse to turn away from our sins, we have placed our sins above God. God will never accept second place. To be saved we must allow Jesus to be God over us.. We must confess that Jesus is God.

Matthew 10:33
New King James Version
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Salvation is not Church attendance. It is a relationship with God. It is a daily relationship where we talk to God through prayer, reading the Bible so that we know God better, and confessing our sins to God.

Romans 3:23
New King James Version
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 2:1
New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Christ
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity–the man Christ Jesus.

How do we know we are saved? The sins we were involved in before no longer have the appeal that they had before. We have become a new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, certain that God is appealing through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf, “Be reconciled to God.”

Colossians 1:22-23 he has now reconciled by the death of his physical body, so that he may present you holy, blameless, and without fault before him. However, you must remain firmly established and steadfast in the faith, without being moved from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

As children of God let us seek to please our Heavenly Father. For we have been adopted into God’s family through our gift of salvation.

Romans 8:15
New King James Version
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba,[a] Father.”

Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement