Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Born again deception !

Author Topic: Born again deception !
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ablorba:
How can that be? I know GOD is sovereign, so how can the Holy Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father and is sent by Jesus Christ, get blocked by church practice? What do you think?
Sacramento Pine

I do believe some churches are not truly in love with Jesus Christ and are just religious and don't really know Him. Thus the Holy Spirit is not working there. Seems to be happening in a lot of churches now a days.

I do believe that is what is being said in ~ Revelation 3:1-6

"And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: 'The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. "'I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Look at the fifth of the seven letters to the churches... the letter to the church at Sardis. This is a sad and tragic letter to a rather sad and tragic church because this church is dead. Clearly at the end of verse 1 our Lord says, "You are dead." That has to be the ultimate shame to have the Lord Himself tell you you're dead. After all, a church by definition is a place where God lives, a place where Christ lives, a place where the Holy Spirit lives, a place where Christians are alive. It is, in fact, a fellowship of eternal life. But not this church.

So good question and I wish more people would think on this subject!

God bless you!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wincam:
Jesus did not say you must say a certain prayer to be born again as a Christian - you are making it up and adding to what Jesus said but did not really say - wincam

Being born again is not saying a prayer to be born again. It is what actually happens to you when you come to believe in Jesus Christ and serve Him.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ablorba
Advanced Member
Member # 14122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ablorba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first in-filling of the Holy Spirt happened after a Lutheran VBS lady showed me a picture of Jesus knocking on my heart. I couldn't see how Jesus who was so big would fit into my little heart. Finally I figured it out. That was His problem! Immediately, when I asked Jesus into my heart the Holy Spirit filled me and I spoke in tongues. Yeah, Lutherans don't speak in tongues. The 4 spiritual laws, and canned presentations never touched my heart. My spiritual journey has been glorious, extreme, bible-soaked, and full of faith, hope, and love. Wisdom, wisdom, my sister, is real, in my opinion, though some say she is just a misstatement of Jesus Christ. Sometimes I do feel the church's rules and rote operations block out the Holy Spirit--in me! How can that be? I know GOD is sovereign, so how can the Holy Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father and is sent by Jesus Christ, get blocked by church practice? What do you think?
Sacramento Pine

Posts: 54 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wincam
Advanced Member
Member # 14085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wincam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus did not say you must say a certain prayer to be born again as a Christian - you are making it up and adding to what Jesus said but did not really say - wincam
Posts: 89 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ~ John 3:3

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wincam:
I repeat "it is not in the Bible" - Jesus did not say or imply that a Christian must be born again - wincam

The Bible will only be a story book written by men unless.......YOU ARE BORN AGAIN!

How To Be Born Again

The Sinner: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

The Problem: "Jesus answered . . . Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

The Sentence: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

The Saviour: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

The Solution: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).

The Timing: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Your Acceptance of God's Gift: If you really believe that Jesus Christ took your place in judgment for your sins on the Cross, you can pray the following prayer.

The Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, be merciful to me a sinner. I do now receive you as my personal Lord and Saviour.

The Result: If you sincerely prayed the above prayer, you are now born again! (John 3:3).

Welcome to God's Family: "Therefore if any man [or woman] be in Christ, he [or she] is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wincam
Advanced Member
Member # 14085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wincam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I repeat "it is not in the Bible" - Jesus did not say or imply that a Christian must be born again - wincam
Posts: 89 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how long are you going to tolerate me?

If being born again, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, is not the solution, then what do you think the solution is?

Because to me God's solution is so fantastic, so unexpected, so overwhelming, so genius, that I can't think of anything that could possibly be better.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wincam
Advanced Member
Member # 14085

Carol - I did say elsewhere that more of the same is the problem and not the solution - so again I simply reiterate and stand fast by what I have already said - so how long are you going to tolerate me - wincam
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your profile says you have put your faith in Jesus Christ. How can this be true if you have not experienced spiritual birth? How can you deny the words of our Lord?

John 3
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7“Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8“The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Regeneration is the impartation of a new and divine life; a new creation; the production of a new thing. It is Gen. 1:26 over again. It is not the old nature altered, reformed, or re-invigorated, but a new birth from above. This is the teaching of such passages as John 3:3-7; 5:21; Eph. 2:1, 10; 2 Cor. 5:17.

By nature man is dead in sin (Eph. 2:1); the new birth imparts to him new life—the life of God, so that henceforth he is as those that are alive from the dead; he has passed out of death into life (John 5:24).

(The Great Doctrines of the Bible)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wincam
Advanced Member
Member # 14085

it is not in the bible that Jesus said Christians must be born again - this is a latter day wide spread money/monkey making innovation and addition - wincam

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement