Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Strange experience

Author Topic: Strange experience
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caroline2007:
Yesterday o had a very frightening experience. I took a nap for about an hour, woke up and went to restroom. Then I laid back down. As soon as I laid down I heard a drumming sound like the large drums in a marching band. I was about to sit up to get a better listen when I heard this ringing in my ears followed by a very intense sensation of being pulled out of my body. It felt like I was being sucked into a tunnel and spinning. It literally felt like my soul was being ripped from my body. My heart was racing and beating very hard. Everything was black and I saw myself with my husband and son and new baby playing together. I'm currently pregnant and the vision showed my new baby about a year old and my skin about 2 1/2 so it was in the future. I felt like I was dying and going to the other side. I just saw my children and knew I wasn't ready and said in my mind Jesus, over and over. I then saw a blurry face that looked similar to the face on the shroud of Veronica that she wiped the face of Christ on his way to his crucifixion.

I was very frightened and am unsure of what happened. It was very real, and I was not asleep as I had literally just laid down after using the restroom. When I regained my sight I was scared that it was the rapture and I had missed it. That's how spiritual it was. Any answers or suggestions of where to turn?

From this (having anything to do with the shroud of veronica) you have been deceived a long , long, long time. You have been involved in the deep things of satan.
The dream is a warning - God is merciful.
Perhaps, only perhaps, God will give you a chance to repent. It looks like it may already be too late,
and this thread is a warning for others who read it,
since or if you won't turn to Jesus Himself to be healed.

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you not state you wore worried about not going in the rapture? I am just trying to help you see the truth.

So are saying you are not a Roman Catholic because it is easy to find out what they believe. If you are saying you are not a Roman Catholic then I am happy for you. You are welcome to believe as you please. But the God of the Bible says Jesus and only Jesus will give you eternal life. Not your works. So if you are saying that your works do not redeem you then I am happy for you.

Twisting words and saying I worship a cross if I wear one is totally ridiculous.

You are welcome here but teaching a false religion is not.

Catholic Church DROP the Commandment about Idolatry:

http://www.ttw2.org/articles_pdf/tq0380.pdf

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/2nd_command.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpad-NR04e0

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroline2007
Member # 13395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroline2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is your proof in writing that the Catholic Church excluded the second commandment? This is absurd. Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. I believe in him and follow him with my whole heart. I don't worship idols. Do you own a cross? In any shape or form? If you do then I could accuse you of forming an idol. Do you have pictures of loved ones who have passed away?p that you look fondly on? Then I could accuse you of worshiping an idol. Do you ask others to pray for you? So do I ask the saints in heaven to pray for me. Not to save me, not to redeem me, not to forgive me, but to simply pray for me. Catholicism is the one true church and if my purely Christian thoughts are not welcome here then I want no part of this hateful group. I will pray for you and I will ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten you.
Posts: 4 | From: Tx | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are the one who posted your dream. You need to put your faith in Jesus Christ alone, nothing else can save you. My information comes from the Bible not what someone added. You are the one that posted: “I was scared that it was the rapture and I had missed it” seems you are being warned. You really might want to think more about your dream.

Jesus Christ loves you and your family and wants you to be with Him forever. So I plead with you to come and know Him for your salvation and don’t put your trust in a manmade religion.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Jesus alone saves. Jesus alone is Lord. Only Jesus' sacrifice can cleanse us. Only by faith are we made right before God. Justification is by faith--not by anything we do.

Please watch this video – Click Here

You may want to read what Jesus actually said:

Matthew 23 (NIV)

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Seven Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees
13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [14] [b]

15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

16 “Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[c]”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note the below is posted in our rules for this board.
http://thechristianbbs.com/rules2.html

This is not a Catholic message board. Don't promote Roman Catholicism on this board. One needs only to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. He alone can save you and nothing else. We believe in all Ten Commandments here. Especially the second one that the Catholic’s removed. And it was written in stone, it states:
Exodus 20:4 -5 (KJV)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;…

I know this commandment doesn’t exist in the Catholic catechism, but it is there in the KJV Bible and on the Ten Commandments that Moses received written in stone, by God own hand.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroline2007
Member # 13395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroline2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You clearly are misinformed about the Catholic teachings. James says, faith without works is dead. If you love your spouse but do not treat them kindly, is it truly love? You are compelled to act kindly towards them because of your love. We are not judged by our merits, but in spite of our sins. That is a quote from the a Catholic mass said everyday around world.

Also consider these three verses:

He who believes and is baptized will be saved. (Mk 16:16)
[U]nless you repent you will all likewise perish. (Lk 13:3)
[H]e who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (Jn 6:54)

These are red letter words spoken by Jesus.
Notice that in these three verses Jesus associated salvation with baptism, confession, and the Eucharist, respectively.

The Catholic Church was established in 33 a.d. at the last supper. Martin Luther split in the 1520s after he decided that faith alone would save you. I'll take my directives from Christ and not a man who thinks he knows better than Jesus.

Posts: 4 | From: Tx | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are to confess your sins to Jesus Christ not a priest. Jesus is our high priest; no man on earth can take His place. Until you come to know Jesus as your Savior and not a man made religion I would be very concerned about my eternal destination.

The most crucial problem with the Roman Catholic Church is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. The Bible clearly and consistently states that receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, by grace through faith, grants salvation (John 1:12; 3:16,18,36; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10,13; Ephesians 2:8-9). The Roman Catholic Church rejects this. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that a person must believe in Jesus Christ AND be baptized AND receive the Eucharist along with the other sacraments AND obey the decrees of the Roman Catholic Church AND perform meritorious works AND not die with any mortal sins AND etc., etc., etc. Catholic divergence from the Bible on this most crucial of issues, salvation, means that yes, Catholicism is a false religion. If a person believes what the Catholic Church officially teaches, he/she will not be saved. Any claim that works or rituals must be added to faith in order for salvation to be achieved is a claim that Jesus’ death was not sufficient to fully purchase our salvation.

See more by Clicking Here.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

caroline2007
Member # 13395

I am a very devout Catholic, attend Mass three times per week, confession every other week, and am very active in my church ministries including Eucharistic Ministry. I pray multiple times a day. I try to be in a constant conversation with God. This is why I'm so stumped as to what happened and what it meant.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did dream once that I miss the rapture. I was not right with God at the time and I prayed for forgiveness and got back in Church.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had something happen to me like that. I would pray and ask God to save my soul. I would pray and ask God if I had any hidden sin in my life that I needed to confess and repent of. Find a good Bible preaching Church so that you can be mentored to. Start reading the Bible and pray everyday. Please let me know if you have needs you would like me to pray with you about.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroline2007
Member # 13395

Yesterday o had a very frightening experience. I took a nap for about an hour, woke up and went to restroom. Then I laid back down. As soon as I laid down I heard a drumming sound like the large drums in a marching band. I was about to sit up to get a better listen when I heard this ringing in my ears followed by a very intense sensation of being pulled out of my body. It felt like I was being sucked into a tunnel and spinning. It literally felt like my soul was being ripped from my body. My heart was racing and beating very hard. Everything was black and I saw myself with my husband and son and new baby playing together. I'm currently pregnant and the vision showed my new baby about a year old and my skin about 2 1/2 so it was in the future. I felt like I was dying and going to the other side. I just saw my children and knew I wasn't ready and said in my mind Jesus, over and over. I then saw a blurry face that looked similar to the face on the shroud of Veronica that she wiped the face of Christ on his way to his crucifixion.

I was very frightened and am unsure of what happened. It was very real, and I was not asleep as I had literally just laid down after using the restroom. When I regained my sight I was scared that it was the rapture and I had missed it. That's how spiritual it was. Any answers or suggestions of where to turn?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement