Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 5)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 1, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Thursday.

Sending prayers to God for all my faithful readers. May God richly bless you and your families for all the encouragement that you have shown to me. I thank God everyday that He is willing to use such a weak vessel as myself for His Kingdom. One day we will see each other in person in Heaven and I will be able to give big hugs to all of you. Keep your eyes on Jesus and stay rapture ready.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 31, 2018
Happy Halloween and Good Afternoon,

When Will My Misery End?

When the first thing you are aware of when you awake in the morning is physical pain, there will be times that you feel that you have reached your limit. When your boss thinks that you are his anxiety ball to squeeze until you feel like you are beyond repair, you will feel like you have reached your limit. You heart will cry out to God:”How long!’ God, will this suffering last?”

My dear friends, the birth pains for the day of judgment on this world are growing stronger. The devil is fighting harder each day and we who love the Lord are being overwhelmed. The devil is telling us to give up. That the battle is lost. That God is too busy to care about one person. He is not called the father of liars for no reason. He does not know truth. We must cry out to God, who is Truth. Yes, it is true that our suffering is growing more intense, but God has not forsaken us. Every breath we take and every step we take, the Holy Spirit lives in us.

When pain overwhelms seek the help of God. Ask Him to encourage you through the pain. When your boss is yelling at you, and you know you have done no wrong, tune out His voice and pray. Remind yourself that for some people their God is financial wealth. No matter how much wealth they accumulate on earth, they will not be able to buy themselves into Heaven. I am not saying that you should take any pleasure in anyone going to hell. In fact it is to your good to pray for people like that to find salvation. Comfort yourselves in the knowledge that you are the child of Almighty God.

We may not know what tomorrow brings, but we know where we will spend eternity. Comfort yourself with the knowledge of your eternity in Heaven. Seek encouragement from one another. Find joy and contentment in the Word of God. What you are going through will pass. Our future in Heaven is worth all the pain we suffer in this world. Seek the face of God and pray more.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Jesus is coming for us soon. Let our hearts overflow with praise for our God and King. Our nights are almost over and soon we will be where there is no darkness, no nights, and no sin.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 30, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Sold Out To What or Who?

What or who comes first in our lives? Who do we seek to please the most? What is our motivation to get out of bed? It is easy to say God comes first but do we live it? I know that there are days that God is lucky to get a quick prayer at bedtime. My heart knows better but the a day can sometimes start out at a run and stay that way all day long. Sometimes it is hard to even have a rational thought because we are so stressed. Even when we start out with the best intentions we can get sidetracked by life. A phone with bad news can totally change our plans for the day.

When bad news comes, the very first thing we need to do is pray. When we determine to fix things own our own, we make a mess of things and then we often have to call on God to fix the mess we made. Why not seek God first? Tell God that you have no idea what to do and then allow Him to lead and guide you.
We are spiritually strengthen when we trusting relay on God. In our weakness, God does His best work.

When those we love are struggling, pray for them. Praying for others is an honor and a privilege. When good things happen to others, rejoice with them. Christians need other Christians. We need to stand by one another and encourage one another. Stand together in prayer and in love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 29, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

“How Dare You Seek To Share God With Others?”

Early this morning, I dreamed the rapture happened. I went up into the sky, but I never went any further. Though the dream disturbed me, I did go back to sleep. When I got up this afternoon, the dream came back to me. I prayed and asked the Lord, if there was any hidden sin in my life. I also searched my heart. I could not think of anything.

Then the devil played his hand. “How dare you attempt to share the Gospel with others and try to encourage others! When you aren’t even assured that you are going to Heaven!” God did not give me that dream. The devil gave me that dream so that I would feel so guilty that I would stop working for God’s Kingdom.

I am assured of my salvation. Not because of my worth, but because of the mercy of God. When we are saved, it is not God who attempts to sow fear and confusion in our lives.

1 Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Of course there will be times we will be convicted of sin. When we are convicted by God, He will shine a light on our sin so we can repent. He will not play games with us, telling us to figure it our on own. As I have said many times, the devil is working hard to hurt the brethren. If he can get us to stop sharing the Gospel with others, to stop encouraging one another, he has hindered the Kingdom of God.

“How dare I share the Gospel of Jesus Christ!” The question is: “how can I be comfortable in my salvation but too selfish not to share it with others?”
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 28, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Evening,

We cannot make sense out of the tragedy that unfolded at the Synagogue, Friday. For someone to be filled with such hatred that he would go into a place of worship and kill strangers, is beyond our understanding. We must remember that hate left unchecked can lead to violence beyond comprehension.
What do we do? We pray for the families of those killed. We pray for healing for the wounded.

When we see such evil, we run to Jesus for comfort. We will never completely understand the evil, that runs amuck in this world. We do not dwell on the evil. We do not hide from it but we do not embrace evil, either. Instead of making ourselves sick trying to understand the things that are beyond our understanding, we place our concerns at the feet of Jesus.

Of course we wonder how long will God allow evil to flourish and overwhelm this world. We do good, though to remember God’s timing is perfect. Our hope is planted in God and not in America or any human being. We trust God to know when it is the right time to call His children home. We seek to grow closer and to be used by God for His Kingdom. In our weaknesses, God can preform great works.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 27, 2018
Happy Saturday, and Good Morning,

About 5:30 in the morning and haven’t gone to sleep yet. Nothing keeping me awake except just not sleepy. Even as I lie here hoping for sleep to come, I am resting in the arms of God. He brings me comfort and peace. I do not know what today will bring but I know who holds time in His hands.

It is normal for mankind to make schedules and plans. We like to have an idea of we are doing for the day, the week, and even the month. Yet, we know that things can change on a dime. What we can be assured of, is God’s love for His children. When we know who holds our tomorrows we can live in peace. Even those of us who do not like change can rest peacefully knowing that God is in control.

Seek God throughout the day every day. Renew your faith by listening to the Word of God. Pray often for yourself, your family, and others. Commit yourself to serving God in sunny weather and stormy weather. Make your priority to put God first and make it your agenda to live your life in a way that is pleasing to God. When we do these things everything will fall into place. Pray for wisdom and discernment, so that we are not led astray by wolfs in sheep’s clothing. Test everything you read or hear by the Word of God. Anything that contradicts the Word of God, throw it out. Pray for the soon return of our Lord and Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 26, 2018
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon,

[Chorus:]
“Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day”

Living in this world where every day the TV News brings confusion, fears, and discouragement we can begin to feel lost. We must not forget that the God who spoke the world into existence is still on the Throne. We wonder why God is allowing the world to go so low and so deep in sin. The sad thing is we do not know the half of it. We cannot even see the under belly where sin so unmentionable that is beyond a sane person’s ability to comprehend. Why has God not stepped in and stopped this? God has dealt with people. He has convicted them, time and time again. In their stubbornness they have harden their hearts so they can no longer hear the conviction of the Holy Spirt.

Romans 1:28-32 King James Version (KJV)
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

People have chosen to participate in the filth and to seek to go deeper and deeper in sin. They have made their choice. As Christians we need to commit ourselves to God and Holiness. When fear and confusion comes cry out to Jesus. God has not lost His way. He will bring us through this and into His Kingdom. As Paul said some sins are so evil that we should even avoid thinking about them. Instead, keep your mind on things of God. Choosing to mediate on God’s Word and things which are Holy.
Betty

https://youtu.be/VXp6xcY5IqU

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 25, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

We are voting today. We vote because it is our responsibility as Christians and Americans. We vote our Christian convictions. Contrary to Chelsea Clinton, abortion is not a Christian action. As Christians we strife to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. There are times that we trip and fall, but God is there to help us up. We do not want to make the mistake of making excuses for sin. When we sin our hearts should grieve, just as sin grieves our Heavenly Father.

Once we start making excuses for sin, then we are easily led deeper into sin. Sin is a miry pit of nastiness. Sin is stinky. Sin may look pretty for awhile but it leads to decay and rots our soul. The further we stay away from the sin, the better it will be for us. We seek to grow close to God and to please Him. As the election draws near, let us pray for our President and our Country. As I said before voting is our responsibility but our hope is not in politics, but in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Hope In A Hopeless World

Every day we see evil growing faster and faster. Remember seeing in cartoons as a kid a little snow ball rushing down a mountain picking up pace and size, until it was a huge snowball flying down the mountain. This is how sin is in this world. Every day we are shocked at the evil that takes place. What was considered evil a few years ago is becoming common place and new evil is happening that makes even sinners shake their hands in wonder.

It is enough to depress Christians, but while we are saddened by the things around us we must remember who our hope is in. While we vote for those who are against the murder of unborn children, we must remember our hope is not in mankind. There is no man or woman who is going to step up and fix this world. We must keep our eyes focused on God. Of course be aware of the world around us. Arm ourselves with the whole armor of God and pray that God will protect us from being led astray by Satan and his demons.

We need not live in fear and trembling. When we see things that shock us to the core, go to our rock of salvation. Jesus warned us in His Word of the days we are living in. He did not tell us to hide under the bed or move to a cave in the middle of nowhere. He told us to look up for when these things begin to happen, we know He is coming for us soon. Until the moment the trumpet blows, live for Jesus, work for God’s Kingdom, and trust God to never leave us or forsake us.
We are indeed living in a hopeless world where sin is growing by leaps and bounds, but we are secure in the arms of God. Whatever happens He is with us. He is with us in life and He will be with us in death.
Betty

Philippians 1:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2018

Ten Minutes To Closing

It is not uncommon to be in the store late and be warned that it is almost closing time. The Age of Grace has a closing time, also. The Bible says we will know the time by the seasons and most Christians see that we are in the season. However, we will not know the day. I have heard people say to a group of people what if you are the last person called before the trumpet?

However there is another side to that. What if you came so close to seeking forgiveness and the trumpet sounds? What if you came so very close to salvation, only to be left behind? Will you be giving over to deception? Will you chance be gone forever. God is not a cruel God, but He has said that today is the day for salvation. When the Holy Spirit convicts us, that is the time to repent. I think everyone has pulled up the a store and found the doors locked. We get frustrated but we can go back tomorrow. We do not have the promise that if we refuse salvation that after the trumpet sounds that we will receive the call again.

When the rapture happens, many will die. The world will go into instant chaos. Just look at all the rioting after a natural disaster hits. The rapture will be many times that on a global scale. People will panic when babies and young children disappear. Panic will be on a global scale when planes fall out of the sky. Just as no one is promised tomorrow, no one is promised to live through the rapture. Today is the day of salvation. For Christians today is the time to repent of sins hidden from the world. Today is the day to start working for God. Will God find His Church faithful and true? Make up your mind to start today to seek to live in a way that is pleasing to God.
Betty

2 Corinthians 6:2 New King James Version (NKJV)2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

John 9:4 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 I[a] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2018

I did not write a blog today. Hubby and I watched two preaching videos today. One was
https://youtu.be/MGvas9Yxe4o
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 23, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

I set the alarm last night. I had my clothes set out and then slept through the alarm. All the nights I could not sleep, caught up with me. We make our plans but they do not always work out. When our plans are changed, step back and seek God’s will. Sometimes, God has a a different plan for us. We can put our complete trust in God. When we trust God, we can live in peace.

Feelings come and go, so we do not live out our Christian lives by how we feel. We live in complete trust in God, seeking the Will of God. Each day when we wake up, we seek the will of God. Seeking the will of God should be so normal for us as getting dressed. Do not wait until our will causes us to fall down, but seek God’s will first.

The more we learn to trust in God, the stronger our faith in God will be. The stronger our faith is in God, the more at peace we will be. May God calm our spirits and fill us with His Holy Spirit so we are prepared for Spiritual battle. We know the devil is working hard, but do we remind ourselves that we are filled with the Holy Spirit who is stronger then the devil? Stand firm and strong in the Lord and when fear comes, call out to Jesus. Walk in the Spirit and in truth.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 20, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

Give Your Best, In Your Circumstances

Today’s best may not be up to your best last year. We are not in competition with others or our self. Our physical health may not be up to par today, but we can still give the best we have in strength and mind for God. When we do what we do out of our love for Christ and not to impress others, then God will take the little we have and bless it. In our weakness, God can use what we have to bless others. God can use a willing heart to great good, for His Kingdom.

My blog today is written from my bed because I am feeling poorly but, my heart is still strong for God and my faith in God increases each day. Do not allow physical weakness to keep us from doing out best for God. Ask God to guide us in His will and bless our gifts to God, thought they may be small in our owns eyes. God can do more with the hands and heart of the weak in health then the strong who only work for God for recognization. Always seek to work for God out of our hearts filled with love for God and others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2018,
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

I woke up in pain. My chest and my left hand was hurting. Icy hot helped the hand but it took an hour and 1/2 to calm down the chest pain to a 2. We spend a lot of time waiting in this life. Getting your drivers license renewed can take hours. The post office line can be frustrating. If you are like me, you often grumble when waiting. We as a Nation are spoilt people. If the power goes off for 30 minutes, we are put out. Grocery lines, can make us irritable.

Do we ever think about praying when we are in line? We should look around us and pray for the people who are also in line. When we get to the clerk, do we give them a smile or kind word? Do we talk to God about what He wants us to do for the rest of the Day? Do we praise God that our car started and though we may get tired, we are blessed to be able to stand?

If we would praise God and pray during stressful times, we would feel better. We would have a better attitude. Cheerfulness can be contagious. I am not talking about silliness, but quiet, peaceful, kindness. Let us set out today, to be the person God wants us to be. To be a light of peace in a world that is often rude and impatient.

Have a blessed day and rejoice in having another day to work for our God and Savior. Going to try to get a little more sleep. May God bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 18, 2018
GoodAfternoon and Happy Thursday,

There Is No Scale

Non Christians, sadly even some Christians think that when we face God, He will have a scale on the table. On one side of the scale God will put all the bad things we did and on the other side, God will put all the good things. If the good out weigh the bad, we get into Heaven. This is not true. Even if on the side of the scale of the bad, was only one bad thing, we still could not enter Heaven. A man can not fully comprehend the pure Holiness of God.

God cannot exist with sin. Remember, how God looked away when Jesus bore our sins on the cross. There is no human way for anyone to enter Heaven. God sent His Son to die for our sins. Jesus shed His precious blood to cleanse so that mankind could be saved. Mankind has no excuse. Salvation is free to all those who are willing to lay aside their self pride and seek forgiveness from God. To lay aside the desire to be self-ruled in order to serve God. God has always existed. He is above all. Who better to guide us in His Will then the One is not restricted by time or place. God knows the future and past as well as He knows the present.

When God says no to our prayers or not now, it is because He knows the future and He knows what is good for us. We only exist in the present. We cannot see how in the future what we want today, can harm us in the future. To be happy in Jesus, is just like the old HYMN says we must live, life trusting God. Let us live every day in a way that is pleasing God. Let us serve Him with all our hearts and minds. When we live in a way to please God we will live in peace. We will have troubles. We will have sickness. Through it all God will walk with us every step of the way.

We will not be judged by a scale but by our relationship with God. Is our Name written in the Book of Life. As long as you have breath, you can become a Christian. Remember though, no one is promised tomorrow so do not wait too long to accept the gift of salvation.
Betty
The little tiny humming bird is still coming to eat.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 17, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

A Broadway Star compares Christianity to Al-Qada. If it wasn’t for my faith in the ability of God to protect us, I would be afraid. When the world sees Christians as the same as terrorist, we know that the devil is working over time.
The world is soon entering the time when Christians will be persecuted. This should not make us flee from our faith but to grow closer to God. As we see things happening in the world today, let us pray more and more for persecuted Christians around the world. Only God knows what tomorrow, but as His Children, we know He will be with us every step.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 16, 2018

Your Faithfulness, Oh Lord

Psalm 36:5 King James Version (KJV)5 Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

Another rough night and sitting here in pain. I say this not for sympathy, but as I look out the window, I see three birds and the baby humming bird. Our Lord, God, saw my distress and brought me a diamond of joy. God meets us where we are and He knows what each of us find comfort in. God knows what we need to have joy in our hearts. True joy comes not from money and fame, but from the little things that lift our hearts and spirit.

When God fills us we His joy, our steps grow lighter and heart has a song of praise to God in it. Rejoice in the Lord God our King and the many blessings He bestows upon us.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Share our joy in our Savior with others. Seek to be a blessing to others allow God’s light to shine through us every day. Do not wait until everything in your life is perfect. There is no perfection here on earth, other the God. When we rejoice in the love of God, in the midst of our suffering, then we are offering up a sacrifice of praise to God. Just as God beings diamonds of joy in our lives, we can interned be used by God, to bring diamonds of blessings in the lives of others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2018

Even In These Times

Most Christians realize we are living in the last days, but this doesn’t mean we should live in despair. Even though sin is on the rise and Satan is fighting against Christians more then ever, we can have peace and joy. The peace and joy that God gives is not a fleeting, feeling but is a God given gift that grounds itself in our hearts and mind. In the midst of physical pain we can have peace and joy. Living in a world where evil thrives we can have peace and joy.

Do not be blind to the days we are living in. Stay prayed up and put on the armor of God, daily but do not allow Satan steal your joy and peace. Do like David and encourage yourself in the Lord. It may look like evil will win out but we have read the ending in the Holy Bible. We know that we are on the winning side. Take comfort in that knowledge and encourage yourself knowing it will not be long, until Jesus comes for His Own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

There will be times when we do not understand why our prayers are not answered. Wednesday night I asked the Bible class to pray that we would sleep last night. Yet, hubby and I were both still awake at 6 this morning. I can not tell you why we are not able to sleep. Still in this time of not understanding the why, I can trust in God. I have walked with my Lord, long enough to know there is a reason why He does things. I can relax knowing His ways are better then mine.

At the moment I am pain, even after a pain pill. Eating potato soup because it brings warmth and comfort to my body. Just as the soup warms my body, God warms my soul and spirit with His love for me. Even when we are sick, God is with us. It is up to us to decide to abide in the presence of God, even when we do not understand why we are in painful circumstances.

All of us go through times of trials and testing. This does not mean that God is mad at us. It is through these times of testing that we really learn to know God, intimately. Let us close our ears to the devil’s taunts and focus on Jesus. Our suffering will not last forever. We will be healed, either on earth or in Heaven. Hold on to the truth of the Gospel and do not stray from the path that God has chosen for us.

Choose to praise God through our struggles. Choose to stay faithful to our Lord and Savior. We are so close to going home, let us not depart from the truth, this close to the end. In the midst of pain and despair, rejoice in the knowledge of our Heavenly Home that is awaiting us. Seek His face and trust in Him to get us from day to day. Remember that He that has saved us from sin, will never forsake or leave us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 13, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Easily Led Astray

2 Timothy 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

I always wondered about that verse about why God seemed to be picking on women. The last year has proved this verse is correct. Women wearing costumes that look like intimate parts of the body and taking off all their clothing at protest, show just how depraved women can be. These women have allowed themselves to be influenced by demons. They have allowed hatred to grow to point that they are controlled by Satan.

Satan has filled the hearts of women with such an evil desire to be able to legally kill the unborn that they have killed their conscious. They have influenced gullible men to participate in these protest. For now they are content to get into the faces of people who are against abortion and push and shove them. Do not be surprised when this elevates to blood shed. When you allow evil to grow in your heart, it will have no boundaries. The hate toward the Republicans and their stand on abortion has caused a rise in witchcraft. This is so sad.

Men and women are so filled with hate towards Republicans because of our stand on abortion and gay marriage. We seen that in the hearings on Judge Kanavaunh. This hate is only going get worse. The group antifa will grow in numbers. During the Presidential election, they filled pipes with cement and beat on people. The news did not mention that and instead focused on those protesting for the President. There are those who say that George Soros is financially backing antifa. Do not be surprised when their numbers increase and their level of violence increases.

It is time for Christians to put on the whole armor of God. To pray that we be filled with the Holy Spirit and equipped by God to stand up for the truth of the Gospel. We are living in the last days and Satan has increased his evil and his abuse of Christians. We can stand if we stay close to God and seek His help and guidance.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2018
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon

Change My Heart

The closer we walk with Jesus, the more we should want to be like Him. As we walk with Jesus, we should seek God to look into our hearts and point out any hidden sins. I am so over wanting to walk just close enough to Jesus to be saved, but close enough to the world that I fit in. I am done fitting into the world’s idea of a Christian.

It is time that we Christians, embrace our differences from the world. Not because of our greatness, but because of the greatness of God our Heavenly Father who lives in our hearts. God forbid that the people we work with us, do not even know that we are Christians! How can God’s light of salvation shine through us if we are hiding His light from those around us? I am not talking of walking around with our nose high in the air, thinking that we are better then others. We are saved because God’s grace and not because we are superior to others.

When we rise in the morning we should pray that God will make us more like Him. Pray that we will live in a way that our actions do not bring shame to Jesus.
None of us have arrived and Satan is still here waiting to knock us off our feet. We do not have to give into the enemy. When Satan seeks to lead us astray, call out to Jesus. When sin tempts us seek help from God. When we do fall admit our sins. God knows what we have done. Stop as soon as you are convicted and seek forgiveness from God and turn from your sin.

When we make it our priority to live in a way that is pleasing to God, we will find peace. You cannot please the world and God and when you attempt to do so, you will be living in frustration and turmoil. Let people say we are Jesus’ freaks. So be it, better to be a freak for Jesus then to spend eternity in hell. Contrary to the world’s belief, Hell will not be one eternal party of drinking, drugs, and sex. It will be eternal torment. There will be no love, compassion, or kindness in Hell.
The Bible says to choose who you will serve. Will we serve God or will we serve self.

Change my heart, God! This is my prayer. Let it be a constant prayer from our heart to the ears of our Heavenly Father. May God open our eyes, hearts, and ears to His truth and His ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Heavenly Father, Majestic One

Even as Christians, we cannot understand all the wondrous and majestic qualities of God. We are limited by our finite minds. We see God through the lens of humanity. Nor can we fully understand the wonders that God, who knew no sin and is incapable of sinning still found it in His heart to love mankind. Human beings think nothing of stepping on ants and yet looking from Heaven we must be like tiny ants, to God.

Yet God does not look down at us, as ants. God formed mankind and breathed life into Adam. He put Adam to sleep and formed Eve with His Own Hands. Then He walked with them in the Garden of Eden. God talked with them and He knew them personally. Even after they sinned and were forced out of the Garden, God still watched over them. God knows every man, woman, and child. His Holy Spirit deals with every person calling them to repentance. In His great love, God makes Himself known to everyone.

Why does everyone not get saved? There are many reasons, but the problems is not on the side of God. It is mankind who resist the call of salvation. I read one time how a Barber was explaining to a patron why many people are not saved. His patron said that he was sure there was no God because all people did not know God. The Barber told the patron to look out side at the people who walked by with hair that was dirty and in need of a Barber. He then asked the patron does all those who need a Barber, but go without, mean that Barbers do not exist. The patron said of course not. The Barber said just because people refuse to seek God, does not mean that God doesn’t exist.

Just because mankind resist the love of God, does not mean God does not exist. Nor does the lack of love of people diminish the love of God for mankind.
Why does every one not go to Heaven? Men are sinners. If they refuse forgiveness they stay sinners. If everyone went to Heaven then Heaven would lose its glory. God would have to leave Heaven because He cannot live with sin. It is only through the the death and resurrection of Jesus can mankind be saved and salvation only comes when a person seeks it.

When you are having a bad day, remind yourself how wondrous and miraculous it is that the God of Heaven, loves you personally. Not only does He love you, He cares about the little things that bothers us. The greatest gift a person can receive is salvation. This should encourage us to pray daily for lost souls.

We are limited for now in how we see God. One day we will see God in all His glory and majesty.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2018
Happy Wednesday and Good Afternoon,

Who Am I?

Am I a trumpet blowing in the wind, seeking self gratification ? Am I seeking praise for myself or for God? God forbid, that I seek anything else but the will of God! It so easy to move from working for the Glory of God into the desire to seek praise for ones self. God called us to work for His glory and for His Kingdom. While it is nice to be told we did a good joy, it becomes a problem when our main focus is not pleasing God but mankind.

Self gratification can lead Christians astray. When our work becomes a performance for the audience rather then a tool used by God to reach the lost, we have lost our effectiveness. When Preachers flee from the truth of the Gospel to preach cotton candy, rather then the hard truth of the Gospel, they have entered the danger zone. When we water down sin, we weaken the Gospel. When week after week people hear a watered down version of the Gospel, they become comfortable in their sins. How can people be saved, if they are not convicted of sin?

Contrary to popular believe, Church is not always to be a place where we feel comfortable. Yes, Church members should make visitors feel welcome and there should be a comforting atmosphere, when someone enters the door. When the preaching starts, it must be truth, even if it makes people uneasy and uncomfortable. It is when they see their need of salvation, that they can be lead to repent. Without the truth being spoken there is no conviction. Without conviction, there is no desire to be saved. Sinners sitting week after week believing that God is okay with sin, are being led to hell.

As the time draws close let us flee from being political correct. No one will enter Heaven because they are politically correct. God did not call us to be PC. He said for us to be set apart from this world.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Being set apart and preaching and teaching the truth, will set us up for criticism. The devil does not want the truth to be spoken. Are we willing to stand for the truth in a world that hates the truth? If you are against abortion you are either ignorant or a person who hates women. Women who are against abortion are consider traitors by those who support the right to choose. The “right to choose” is a title picked by Satan himself, to convince people that abortion is not murder. No one cares about the unborn’s right to choose to live. We have indeed entered the time when right is consider wrong and wrong considered right.

Isaiah 5:20 “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”

Pray that God will fill us up with the Holy Spirit that we will have the courage to speak the truth in these days where the truth is hated. Pray that we bring no shame to God.
Betty
The tiny humming bird is still hanging around and making me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2018
Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Is knowing that Jesus is God Enough?

James 2:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Salvation is not earned by works but salvation without work is dead. For true salvation manifest itself in works. When we are saved, we want to work for God. Salvation also manifest itself in life changes. If we are walking and talking like a sinner, are we truly saved? Are we under conviction when we sin? If not, we need to do some soul searching.

The closer we get to the end of the Church Age, the hotter our love for Christ should be. There is an old joke that asks the question:”Why is grandma and grandpa alway reading the Bible so much?” The answer is: “They are getting ready for their final exam!” Every Christian is one day closer to the rapture. At this point we should search our heart and make sure we are right with God. Tomorrow may be too late.

When the trumpet blows and the redeemed are changed and transported to Heaven, many “almost-saved” people will be in for a shock. They will cry out that they went to Church regularly. They had every intention of getting saved some day. They believe in God but He was not their Saviour and Lord. Just as you cannot be almost pregnant, you cannot be almost saved. You are either are, or you are not.

When we Christians stand before God, how many will be standing in shame because we never did any work for Christ? How many will be standing in shame because they compromised God’s Word? Today is the day to begin living in a way that is pleasing to God. Seek God. Ask Him to search our hearts. Determine to live as Christians, everyday and not just on Sundays.
Betty

https://youtu.be/akyGUYCn1k4

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 8, 2018

Search My Heart Oh Lord

There are times we do not know where we stand spiritually. I am not talking about salvation. We should be secure in our faith in God. I am talking about spiritually. There are times that we feel like have grown stagnant, not moving at all. Other times we wonder if we have taking some steps backward. Many times we can tell by the words that come out of our mouths, where we stand with God.

Luke 6:45 King James Version (KJV)
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Are the words coming out of our mouth bringing shame to our Heavenly Father? Are we making jokes that are inappropriate for a child of God? Are we gossiping about others? Do we have such a negative attitude, that people avoid us?

What do we do if we see ourselves falling into these attitudes? We go to Jesus. We seek forgiveness. We spend more time in the Bible. Never think that we are above falling back a step or two. None of us have reached perfection. This is why we lift up others up, who have falling back a step. The last thing we want to do is talk about someone who is having a bad time. God is not hiring a gossip columnist. Our job is to pray for one another and be encouragers.

As we lift each other up, we are lifting ourselves up. As we pray for one another, God sees our needs. Rejoice in the good things that is happening to fellow Christians and grieve with those who are suffering. Seek God’s will and pray for guidance from God to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Hubby and I had a bad night. Both of us awake until after 6 this morning. I prayed and I fretted and sleep did not come. There are some things we can change and some things we can not. The times we cannot do anything about our circumstances, we talk to God. We pray for others and we just relax.

Relaxing in God, beings peace. There is a reason for everything. We may not find out on this earth, but we can trust God. We can praise God in our circumstances. People are not always what they seem. People make promises they do not intend to keep or circumstances can prevent them from keeping their promise. God is always faithful and true. When we are going through things we do not understand we will be at peace if we trust God.

In a world that has turned its back on God and His Holy Word, we can easily be led astray by what the world believes as truth. As His children let us stand firm and anchored in God’s Holy Word. Let us not be led astray by what the world believes. God’s Holy Word will still be the truth long after this world no longer exist. This should reassure that we are secure in Christ. God’s promises are sure and true. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. His opinion about sin doesn’t change with the times.
Betty

Ephesians 6:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2018
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon,

Living in a way that is pleasing to God, will not make you popular in todays World. If you stand up for the unborn, then feminist feel that you are an enemy to women. To be honest, I never understood that. After all how many female babies are murdered every day in the womb? What started out in the 60’s as women rights have gone from equal opportunities and the same pay has turned into hatred for conservative men and women. Women who stand up for the unborn babies are consider traitors the abortion movement.

I never thought I would see the day when the desire to be able to kill unborn babies at any time in the pregnancy would caused men and women to be filled with hate and cruelty toward anyone who disagrees with them. We saw this in the Brett Kavanaugh case and when he is confirmed and I am afraid the hatred is only going to grow stronger.

The evil that is growing in this world is so thick you can cut it with a knife. People so filled with hatred against anyone that disagrees with them that they can hardly control themselves. A man was filmed kicking a woman over and over, because she had a sign supporting Brett Kavanaugh. We as Christians, need to awaken to the world around us. We are gradually becoming an enemy to the people who disagree with us. Not because we wish them harm but because their hatred is growing against anyone who disagrees with them.

Let us awaken to the times we are living in and realize that signs of the times for the rapture to happen are all around us. Let us never go to bed without seeking forgiveness for our sins. Pray that the Holy Spirit will fill us so that we will not fear speaking the truth. Let us always be ready for the trumpet to sound.
At the same times let us seek spiritual growth so that we can withstand the temptations the enemy will come at us, with.

Too many Pastors and Christians have fled the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to accepting a new ‘gospel’ that is like milk toast; weak and without the truth. Pastors protesting for abortion must break the heart of God. Fleeing the truth to accept what is pleasing to the masses. We will need to be strong in our faith in God to be able to speak the truth in these days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 5, 2018
Happy Friday,

A long today and I am exhausted. As Christians we can become exhausted when the devil is fighting against us. We can be tempted to just want to crawl back in the bed and cover our heads. What do we do when we feel this way? We go to Jesus for spiritual rest. We live in a world where many do not want to hear the truth. When we share the truth of the Gospel, we may be face resistance. That is okay. Do it any way. Remember to pray for another. Jesus is coming soon. May Jesus find us working for His Kingdom, when He comes.
Betty

Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  (Matt 11:28 NASV)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 4, 2018

“Fly Me To The Moon”

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

Born in 1952, I grew up loving the 60’s music. Even now, I can become lost in the music of the 50’s and 60’s. This morning as I sang “Fly me to the moon” in my head, I stopped when I got to the part that said all I worship and adore. Truth is at the time when the song came out, I thought nothing of the words and sang with the radio all the time. Innocent songs we felt at the time. I was a Christian and yet at the time I never even blinked singing that chorus.

Innocent song we rationalize then and now, but there is a message in the song. We are declaring our worship for a person. Where we not being trained by Satan to put a person over God? Should we, even unconsciously, be declaring our worship for a person? Does make one wonder how many other ways did Satan worked on our mind and we never saw it.

There is still great music from those eras and I will still listen to oldies, but I do not think I can ever sing the line “you are all I worship and adore” again. Where does all this take us? We need to be aware that Satan still is working and has been since the Garden of Eden. While we can see the Satan’s work that is being done right in the open with no shame, he still works silently and hidden. Satan knows he is not going to get a Christian to get half dressed and march for abortion and gay marriage. He also knows he can work on our mind using an pix axe to chop at our beliefs so we begin to doubt God’s Holy Word. We can start to believe that God really did not mean, that being a homosexual is a sin. If we are not careful we can even rationalize abortion. “Surely, God makes exception for some abortions?” Does He? Is killing a baby ever right?

We must put on our spiritual amor for battle and stay prayed up, lest we allow the devil to cause us to believe in things contrary to the Bible. Let us not be like the Pastor when asked if it is a sin to live a homosexual life and he refused to say no and said only that God preferred that we live a different live style. When God said something was sin, He meant it. It was never about God saying that He preferred that we lived differently. He means it when He says, that if we persist in living in sin, He will turn us over to a reprobate mind and no longer deal with us.

We need not fear being swallowed up in the lies of Satan if we study God’s Word and playfully ask God to help us live in His truths. God honors marriage and He blesses marriage but our mates should never take God’s place. Never allow a person to become God in your heart and mind. We worship God always and we love and cherish our mates.
Betty
Enjoying tiny birds at the feeder.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

To the world, Christians are evil. We are against the things they cherish: freedom to kill the unborn and gay marriage. To them we are the enemy. Knowing this we must stand strong in our faith. People who dare stand up for the truth and protest against abortion are cursed and even physically attacked. This is going to get worse not better. Look at how the Democrats attacked Kavanaugh. They attacked him in Congress and people have threatened him, his wife, his children and his parents.

The world has reached a point where those who despise the truth of God have allowed their anger to boil up like a pot of oil. They are ready to burst forth with their hate and anger. If we as Christians do not see that we are living in dangerous times we are living in a spirit of delusion. Knowing the truth should not lead us to fear but lead us to seek the face of God more. How can we stand for the truth of the God in a world of hate when we ourselves are afraid to speak the truth? Are we going to hide behind political corrections? Are we going to be more concerned about hurting the feelings of people rather the speak the truth of God?

This is the time to pray that the Holy Spirit will fill us to over flowing so that we can stand in God’s truths. Pray that God will give us the courage to speak the truth in a world that hates the truth. The day is coming where we will be required to stand for God or the world. Only prayer and complete trust in God will give us the strength to stand up for the truth of God. Pray for one another. Pray for God to have mercy on us and come get us soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 2, 2018

Seek the Lord God

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”.

As we get closer to the end of the Church Age, the devil is stepping up his game. We as Christians should also be stepping up our game, with prayer and studying God’s Word. Pray that God will protect your heart from evil and from false teaching. Compare every teaching to the Word of God. Any teaching that is opposing the Word of God should be discarded as filthy rags. We worship the true God. We worship Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah) and not a ‘god’ made up to embrace our desires and sins.

The Bible does not tell us to plan for the tribulation. We need not stock up closets with survival food. God has no intention of us being here during the tribulation. This close to the end of the age, let us not turn aside from on walk with Christ. Let us not stray from the truth of the Gospel.

Luke 21:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

We are only worthy because of The Blood of Jesus. We want to be like the 7 virgins who had extra oil and ready at any moment for God to call us Home. We must stay strong and true to the faith so we do not find ourselves in a den of sin when the trumpet blows. Pray that God will help us not give into temptation and step in to sin. When we do sin, ask forgiveness right away. Do not hang around in sin waiting to tomorrow to seek forgiveness. We are not promised a tomorrow.

Isaiah 55:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Let us not stray from the path of God. This is NOT the time to ride the fence. We must choose to stand strong with God, even when the devil’s path seems more lovely. This is not the time to be politically correct. What is pleasing to the eyes of the world; is filth, in the eyes of God. God’s path will be rocky at times but God’s path leads to Heaven. The devil’s path leads to hell.

We can be secure in our trust in God. He never changes. He is the same always. We can run to Him for help and safety. We can seek His guidance so that we stay on the path of righteousness. Let us choose to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to God. Remember today’s world embraces the cruelest sin of all, abortion. They have convinced even some Pastors who think that abortion is right and godly. They have not changed God’s mind on the murder of innocent babies. Those who teach and preach that abortion is not a sin will stand before God One day.
Betty
The tiny humming bird comes every day. Giving me a diamond of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 1, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Monday,

God is available to hear our prayers. God wants us to take our burdens to Him. He wants to hear our concerns and needs. Could it be that are needs are not met, because we do not take them to God? Have we become too busy to communicate daily with God? God loves us all the same. He cares about our needs as much as He does for Preachers. We are special to Him. I used to think I had to get someone more spiritual then me to pray for me. God hears the prayers of baby Christians just as He hears the prayers of the elders of the Church. God is loving God.

As we wait for the Church Age, let us be about God’s business. Stayed prayed up and seeking the will of God. Pray that God will use us for His Glory. God is available for us, let us be available to do the work for Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 30, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Morning,

Grace
unmerited divine assistance given to humans for their regeneration or sanctification

It is because of the grace of God, that Jesus died for our sins. In His grace and mercy, He saw past our sins, and sought to redeem us through His Own blood shed on a tree. People say often that a loving God would not send anyone to hell, but everyday people die and go to hell, because of their sins. The biggest sin of all is refusing God’s precious gift of salvation. Often it is pride that prevents people of admitting they need a Savior. God paid for our redemption, but we must choose to accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord.

As the song writer wrote, grace, God’s grace is Amazing. God takes a sinner out of the pits of hell and in His grace He changes a person from a sinner into His child. How wonderfully majestic is the grace of Almighty God! How often, my friends do we remember to thank God for our salvation? May God forgives us for the many times we take for granted God’s love for us.

It is 3a.m. and I am still awake and in physical pain, but my heart soars in the joy of knowing the love of God in my life. I rejoice in knowing that the debt I owe for being a sinner has been paid by the blood of Jesus. We need not fear the darkest night, for God is watching over His children all the time. Even in the midst of pain and confusion we know personally the God, who spoke everything into existence. We can relax under the wing of God. He folds into Himself like a Eagle wraps her wings around her babies. We are a blessed people, those of us who have trusted God to save us.

Glory to to God our Heavenly Father. May we give Him our praises until we either are raptured into Heaven or fall asleep to awaken in Heaven. God help us to be grateful children. Look into our hearts, Lord God and see our concerns for our lost loved ones. We, in faith, place them in Your hands. Grant that we live our lives in a way that is pleasing to You. Every day we long for your return for your children. Our hearts ache with the desire to be in Heaven with You. When doubts begin to seep into our hearts remind us of Your love for us which is constant and never varies.
Betty

Grace Greater than Our Sin
The United Methodist Hymnal Number 365
Text: Julia H. Johnston
Music: Daniel B. Towner
Tune: MOODY, Meter: 99.99 with Refrain

1. Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary's mount outpoured,
there where the blood of the Lamb was spilt.
Refrain:
Grace, grace, God's grace,
grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
grace, grace, God's grace,
grace that is greater than all our sin!

2. Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold,
threaten the soul with infinite loss;
grace that is greater, yes, grace untold,
points to the refuge, the mighty cross.
(Refrain)

3. Dark is the stain that we cannot hide.
What can avail to wash it away?
Look! There is flowing a crimson tide,
brighter than snow you may be today.
(Refrain)

4. Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace,
freely bestowed on all who believe!
You that are longing to see his face,
will you this moment his grace receive?
(Refrain)

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 29, 2018
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon,

Hateful World

The world is so filled with hate, that you can gather a crowd and get them fired up with hate against just about anything. People stay fired up and ready to spring at the first thing that moves. We are beginning to see a small portion of what this world will be like when the restrainer (Holy Spirit) is taken out of this world. This should be enough to make a sane person want to get saved and leave this world in the rapture. Yet, self pride is keeping the majority from admitting that they need help. We saw this when President Obama gave a speech recently and said this world does not need a Savior or a Messiah. The crowd clapped for him as if he had just discovered a hidden nugget of wisdom.

This world has turned her eyes away from the true Savior and Messiah, Jesus. The darkest evil has become acceptable and we are raising a new generation who do not even know what sex they are. Tolerance for evil replaced the desire to be right with God. Politically correctness has entered Churches where sin is no condemned and acceptance of sin is the norm. Not accepting the God of the Bible, they have created their own god that not only accepts sin but bathes in sin.

This week we saw politics reach a new low when a man is trashed simply because he does not believe in abortion. The Democrats never cared if the woman told the truth or not, as long as they can destroy a person for his position on abortion. Abortion has become like a God to the Democrats. They will not be satisfied until abortion is free, while at the same time people with insurance, do without all needed medication because the copayment is unaffordable.

What do we as Christians, do? We pray. We pray daily. Do not be blind to the fact that the devil will fight us until we leave this earth. If he cannot destroy us, he will seek to destroy our testimony. We must stay close to God and flee from sin. None of us is above sin. We must flee sin and cling to God.
Betty

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 10:14
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 28, 2018
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon,

Walk By Faith

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

When we are walking by faith, we are not walking in fear. When we seek God’s will every day, we do not have to fear that our steps will lead us astray.
The act of being willing to accept God’s Will, is an act of faith. We are trusting God to know what is best for us. Remember, my friends, faith comes from hearing the Word of God. It is when we neglect Bible Study, that our faith grows weak. It is good to get advice from friends, teachers, and preachers, but remember if what they say is contrary to the Bible then do not accept their direction. The Word of God should always come first over people.

Trusting God daily helps our faith to grow. Spiritual growth is necessary so that we do not grow stagnant. God has given every person a measure of faith so that they be saved. Every time they refuse the tug of the Holy Spirit on their hearts, their faith dies a little, until one day their faith dies. This is why we are encourage to listen to God when He seeks us out.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

We must walk in faith to be a successful Christian. A Christian walking daily in doubt and fear, needs to do some soul searching. Seek God daily and determine in your heart that you will trust Him. When we decided that we will walk in faith, then go to the Word of God and have your faith strengthen by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 12:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

When we seek to please God every day and we trust in Him with our present and future, we will live in peace. May God bring you today little diamonds of joy.
Betty

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 27, 2018

An Apple Tree Grows Apples

Have you every admired someone else talent so much, that you become a little envious? Yes this can happen. We can begin to feel like the talent we have is not as good as other’s. We forget that our talent is God given and our work for God is important to Him. God has a place for all His children and the talent He gives us is important to the Kingdom of God.

The Pastor at a small church is just important to God as those who preach at mega Churches. Members of the small Church are loved by God, just as much as the members of the mega Church. God does not get excited by numbers. Heaven rejoices at one sinner being saved.

Luke 15:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

It is important to know that our work for God is important. We need to know that no matter how small the job, do it well, for the Glory of God. Work we do for God, because we love Him, is glorified by God. Pray for God to bless our work and that the Holy Spirit will move through us and our work. We want to be used for the Glory of God, because we love Him.

Have a blessed day and prayed that God will use us to encourage others and to lift up those have been knocked down by sin, depression, and other people . Praise the Lord when we get up in the morning and when we lay down at night.
Betty
I have been enjoying a few finches at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 26, 2018
Happy Wednesday and Good Morning,

God Is Dependable

I got up to go to the bathroom and I went to the kitchen for a snack. I ate three grapes and now in considerable pain. With colitis, you never know what food is going to make you ill. A food today can hurt you and another day, no ill effects. A couple of months ago I read about a famous comedian that died. The man’s son said that growing up, his dad was like Jekyll and Hyde. His kids hid when they heard dad’s car. They never who was coming home, the good dad or the mean dad. I thought how sad it must have been to live in that house. When the man divorced his wife, he cut off communication with his children and left them out of the will. What a hateful and angry man!

Our Heavenly Father’s love for His children is constant. We do not have to test the waters to see if God is in a good mood or a hateful mood. His love for us is true and just. This is the way we should be towards God. We need to love God with all our heart whether we are going through a trial or standing on the mountain top. Our love for God should not fade just because we have health issues. When we trust God and know that whatever we are going through is for our good and good for the Kingdom of God then we can live in peace when we are sick or well.

God can take the bad things that happen to us and turn them into beauty. Pain can remind us of the wondrous things about God. We can grow spiritually because of pain. Earthly struggles can lead to Heaven’s gains. The important thing to remember our salvation is not based on our feelings. Pain comes and goes but our love for God should be strong and sure. Worship God in faith and truth. Praise Him in the midst of the storm. Yes, we may be suffering at the moment, but God is always with us.

If you have a prayer request, please post it and I will pray for you. If it private, just say unspoken. God bless you and keep you safely in His loving arms.
Betty

John 14:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 25, 2018

Will God Find Us Working?

When Jesus comes for His children, will He find us working for Him? Will we be just coasting into Heaven? Have become so discouraged at the evil around us that we have stopped caring about lost souls? We have all been guilty of these questions. We all grow tired and weary. God is not shocked when we fall victim of these attitudes.

Galatians 6:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Through the Letters written by Paul, God reminds not to stop working because we are weary and tired. What do we do? We ask God to give us spiritual and physical strength so that we are able to keep working. We ask God to give us compassion for sinners. God wants to refresh us. We just have to ask Him.

We can seek God at any time for our needs. God is always awake and willing to listen to our needs. We can call on Him any time, day or night. Seek God in humility and love, and not demanding. Remember working for God, is a privilege. God wants us to work for Him out of our love for Him. If He wanted unfeeling creatures to do His work, He would have made mankind like robots.

Proverbs 23:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

God wants our hearts. We love God with all our hearts. Out of our hearts, worship burst forth with our love for God. Praise with no feeling, means nothing to God. A simple prayer of praise coming forth from a heart of love towards God, is our gift to God. Let us seek God to give us what we need to keep working for Him to the moment He calls us Home, to Heaven. Remember, dear ones, we are a blessed people.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 24, 2018

Growing in Grace

2 Peter 3:18 King James Version (KJV)18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

As we wait for the return of Jesus, we want to be growing spiritually. This is not the time to become a spiritual couch potato, just waiting out time. Even those of us who are limited physically, can grow spiritually. Growth is not works. We work for Christ out of our love and our works are blessed because of God’s grace. Even those who are now housebound because of health can pray for one another.

We are not working as fast as we can to get more rewards in Heaven. We want to work for God because we love Him. We want to share Christ with others because we love people and we want to reach lost souls for Christ. It is not about many works as it is about what works are we doing because we love Jesus. Works done for praise of men will receive no reward in Heaven.

We spend so many hours working to please people. The reality is, it does not matter how many hours you worked, people soon forget. We are soon forgotten replaced by someone else. When we work for God, He never forgets. His love for us does not fade because some one new comes around. Let us work for Jesus, out of our overflowing love for Him. The more we learn about God, the more our love will grow.

Pray that we will grow in grace and in knowledge of God. The more we know God, the more secure we will feel in His arms. We do not grow if we only give time to God, one day a week. To really know God we must communicate with Him daily. We can pray to God in the car on the way to work. We can pray to God as we work around the house. Because of Jesus death and resurrection, we no longer have to pray through a Priest, but bodily go to the Throne of God, on our Own.

Hebrews 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Ju,

I prayed for God to meet your needs and give you Heavenly peace. I prayed for your lost loved ones. May God bless you and keep you save.
Betty

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty,
Please Pray for my sibling's, they are all lost.
I am going thru some serious hardships in life, please Pray for God's Guidance for me.
Thank you, jdu4510

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 23, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Last night was not a night for us to sleep. We were both awake until 8 this morning. I was disappointed not to be able to make it to Church this morning. God has a reason for everything. Our job is to trust God, even when we do not understand. Trusting God, brings the sweetest peace into our hearts.

The Lord is so good to His children. Even when circumstances seem to differ. It is through those dark days that God’s light shines the brightest. We can praise Him, through our pain. We can praise Him, when do not understand why things are happening to us or our families. Remember the pain will one day pass and circumstances will change, but God is always faithful and just. God is always faithful or we faithful to Him? God help us not to be fair weather Christians.

As we step in to a new week, let us seek God more and pray for others every day. Pray that we let our light shine so others can see Jesus in us. Take comfort in knowing that Jesus is coming soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 22, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

We are seeing every day, the devil’s movement to lead people astray. Children of God, we must be aware. God did not call us to walk around as if we were spiritually blind. God has shared with us in His Holy Word what the end times are like. If we stay pressed toward Jesus, read the Bible, and stay prayed up, these things happening will not cause us to stumble. When we are in communication
daily with God we will be spiritually secured.

Some say that nothing has changed that sin has always been and so it is so. Sin has changed. Sin has caused people to no longer sin in the dark but to expose their sins for everyone to see. How can we not see this, when drag queens are invited in to Schools and libraries to read to vulnerable children? When young readers are given books to read about transgenders and sexual ordinations that are evil. Parents influencing children to believe that they are a different sex, then the one they were born into.

Let us not live with our heads in the sand, but awaken to what is happening around us. Do we not see the devil is become more brazen and his work more bizarre? We open our eyes not to open our hearts to fear but to know the times in which are living. Knowing the times, makes us realize that this is the time to get our spiritual house in order. This is the time to pray for guidance in talking to lost loved ones. When we have talked to we are exhausted warning our loved ones, God make lead us to stop talking to them about Jesus and pray for God to send someone to them that they will be willing to listen to.

Jesus is coming soon! This should cause us to seek His face more often. Let us work for Jesus, while there is still time. Let the church awaken to the times and begin to seek salvation for others and not fame. It is not how many come to your Church, but are we teaching people it is okay to stay in your sin as long as you come to Church? God forbid that a person be sitting Sunday after Sunday in Church and feel no conviction of their sin. What a horrible position for a Pastor to be in, when he care more about numbers then people dying and going to hell.
Let us lay aside the desire to please people and seek to please God. Seek the face of God while we still can.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 21, 2018
Happy Thursday and Good Afternoon,

Blessing or A Curse

Rain can be a wonderful thing. The air smells so good after a rain. All of nature needs rain. Rain can also be a curse as we seen here in Houston, during Hurricane Harry. For awhile after Harvey, those who got rain in their homes would become nervous when it thundered. Slowly over time, people begin to relax and enjoy the pitter patter of rain hitting the roof.

Troubles come in our lives, regularly. Some troubles we bring on our selves because of past behavior. Other times it is Satan attacking us. No matter which reason, God allows troubles to happen. If we keep our faith secure in God, we will find that even troubles are blessings. Troubles bring spiritual growth and wisdom. For those of us who got saved as a child, we can look back and see how much we have matured over many years. One thing we want to keep from our childhood is childlike faith. Faith that trust in God, even when we do not know the reason for what happened to us.

What we do not want to be is a discouragement to others or tools used by the devil to lead others astray. We want to allow God’s love to shine through us so others see Jesus in us. When we allow our temper to dictate our actions we can cause a fellow believer to stumble. When a fellow Christian takes a miss-step, is our first reaction to judge them or pray for them? Are we living our life as an example of how to live for Christ, for those around us? The last thing we want to do is be the example of what a Christian should not be like. We can live in a way that causes God to smile and be an example of how to live if we stay close to Jesus and regularly read His Word.

Living in this world, we have to stand up for the truth of God. We vote because we want to see those who do not push the abortion issue, in office. At the same time, we know our time here is short. We stand up for the rights of the unborn, that is true and just. At the same time, we want to stand strong for God and allowing His light to shine through us. We do not hide from the sins of this world and we should speak the truth in love. This sometimes seems like we are walking on a tightrope, but remember when standing for what is right, we are also standing on God’s side.
Betty

A finch was eating from the feeder in the rain. So sweet!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Why does God tell us to look up, at this point. First of all as the world turns more and more evil, the devil would like us to be feeling hopeless. When we are looking up to Jesus, He fills our hearts with hope and joy. Second, if we are looking upward to Jesus, we will not be living our lives with the intention of living as close to the world as possible without falling into sin. Thirdly, every Groom wants his Bride to be looking with great anticipation of their Wedding Day. Children of God we are indeed looking forward to our Blessed Hope and rejoicing in the knowledge of our future Wedding.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 20, 2018
Happy Thursday and Good Morning,

Waiting on the Lord

As children of God, it seems we do a lot of waiting. We ask God for help in a situation and then we wait. Sometimes we wait patiently and other times we walk the floor, wondering if God even heard our prayer. There is a reason for our wait. Sometimes it is because of spiritual warfare.

Daniel 10:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

We often forget that we are fighting spiritual warfare, but we are not fighting alone. Angles fight against the devil in our behalf. Other times our answered is delayed because God is working things out behind the scene. We can trust the moment we spoke our prayer, God hears us. When we are waiting, read Scriptures where God answered prayer. Reminding ourselves of times in the past when God answered our prayers, will strengthen our faith in the present. Pray for others. Praying for others is not only seeking God for others but it is also strengthening our own faith.

Waiting for the return of Jesus, can be discouraging, if we are looking for a certain date. God said we be would like a farmer, know the season, but we were not told a specific date. If you have ever grown a tomato, you check it regularly to see if it is ripe. As the tomato starts to turn red, you know it is almost ready, but you still do not know what day it will be ready to pick. We know that rapture is close at head, but we do not worry about what specific day it will be. We just keep praising God for His soon return and keeping working for Him. We will hear the trumpet call, when it is time.
Betty

Charles F Weigle

Waiting on the Lord, for the promise given;
Waiting on the Lord, to send from Heaven;
Waiting on the Lord, by our faith receiving;
Waiting in the upper room.
Refrain
The power! the power!
Gives vict’ry over sin, and purity within;
The power! the power!
The pow’r they had at Pentecost.
Waiting on the Lord, giving all to Jesus;
Waiting on the Lord, till from sin He frees us;
Waiting on the Lord for the heav’nly breezes;
Refrain
Waiting on the Lord, longing to mount higher;
Waiting on the Lord, having great desire;
Waiting on the Lord, for the heav’nly fire;
Refrain

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 18, 2017

Is It Possible For God To Forget His Children?

God cannot forget His Children. He wears the scars in His hands as a constant reminder of the sacrifice He made to reconcile with us sinners, by birth. It is if we are written on His hands. In fact this is the way God described the scars, Himself.

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Isaiah 49:16

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

We are engraved on the hands of God for eternity. Though we can become forgetful, God always remembers us. If He knows the number of hairs on our head which changes by day by day, surely He knows us by name. This knowledge should encourage us. We are loved my dear friends. We are loved by a perfect love. A love that will never die. People can fall out of love. God will never fall out of love with His children.

Satan would love to convince us that God has forgotten us. That we as an individual, are not important to God. This is a lie. When we feel neglected by God, encourage yourself in the Lord. One of the best places to start is in the Book of Psalms. We can see that David, often thought that God had forsaken him, but when He encouraged Himself in God’s Word, He was encouraged and wrapped in the love of God. May you be encouraged, knowing that you are written in the hands of Jesus and have a place in the heart of God.
Betty

When nothing else will work, encourage yourself in the Lord. Do it with the word of God. “Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you.” – George Mueller
But David encouraged himself in the Lord. I Samuel 30:6
For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures. Romans 15:4 Holman Christian Bible

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 17, 2018

Speaking The Truth In A Sinful World

We live in a world where people no longer want to hear the the truth. Sadly this has been happening over time and most of us have been blind to what was happening. In the nineties a researcher saw a pattern between abortion and breast cancer. This person did a study which proved the data right. It was talked about on the news one day and then the research was hidden away. It was not politically correct to say that having an abortion could lead to cancer. It did not matter that women’s lives were put at stack as long as women could feel safe in their decision to have an abortion. Another researcher in the last couple of weeks said the research was correct but again the results of the research was not shared by the media.

Doctors who say that sex change surgery does not change the DNA of a person and that if a woman has a sex change operation to be a man, she is still a woman in the inside, are not quoted in the media. The same when a man tries to be a woman. When a Doctor says that there is only two genders, he or she is soon hushed. The world would rather stay blind to the truth. Truth does not matter, if we make people feel good.

It is not just the world who do not want to see the truth. Sadly, this is also true in the Church. We see Scriptures being played out before our eyes and yet Pastors and people in the congregation refuse to see it. Last week I saw a picture of a group of Ministers, from several Churches, who came out saying God approves of abortion. YTube has a video of “funny” Church signs. One of the Church signs read:”Jesus had two dads and He turned out fine”. I guess the Church forgot about Mary. These things should make us grieve. Ministers who have left the truth of the Gospel and are now leading their congregation into Hell are dangerous.

I believe that we should be praying that God will keep our eyes and hearts open to His truth. That God will protect us from being led astray by what is politically correct. Pray that God will help us to recognize heretic and false Preachers and Teachers. Lest we be led astray into a Gospel that is not of Jesus. My friends we are so close to the end. God forbid that we be led astray by those who preach and teach a Gospel that is contrary to the truth of Jesus. Pray that we stay on the straight and narrow. Pray that God will give us the courage to speak God’s truth, in love, in a world that does not want to hear it.
Betty

I have a male Cardinal at the feeder. As I have been writing, numerous kinds of birds have eaten at my feeders. Thank you, Jesus for my diamonds of joy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

September 16, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Growing In Grace

Our faith can be shaken. Even the strongest Christians have times that their faith is weakened. Satan knows each person’s vulnerability and that is where he will strike, like the snake that he is. We must never get complacent or allow ourselves to think we are above being vulnerable. We are not to live in fear but to aware of circumstances and vulnerability. When we understand our areas in our lives that Satan is prone to strike us, we can be prepared. We prepare by prayer and studying God’s Holy Word.

Everyone is different and we are vulnerable in different areas. The answer for all is to stay strong in our faith. Remember our faith grows by hearing the Word of God. Our faith is established by having open communication with God on a daily bases. It is in our weakness that God shows through with His strength. When we open our heart to the Holy Spirit, He in His mercy will show us where hidden sin lies. When we know where there is sin, then we can seek forgiveness.
We must never become complacent, thinking we have arrived where we are above sin. This is a sin itself, the sin of pride. We can become prideful because of our works for Christ. We can become prideful when we compare ourselves to others.

When we seek the face of God daily and pray for God to search our hearts, we will be open to correction from God. Correction may be painful but being forgiven of our sins gives us peace. When we make peace with God we will feel His love engulfing our soul with joy. Then we can pray for others. Let us not forget to pray for those in the areas effected by the hurricane. Pray for those who are being persecuted for their faith in Christ. Pray for our Country and our President.

Have a blessed day and take time to rest your body, soul, and spirit. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

My faith looks up to Thee

1 My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
  Savior Divine;
Now hear me while I pray;
Take all my guilt away;
Oh, let me from this day
  Be wholly Thine.
2 May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
  My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
  A living fire.
3 While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
  Be Thou my Guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
  From Thee aside.
4 All thru life’s transient dream,
Until death’s sullen stream
  Shall o’er me roll,
Blest Savior, with Thy love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Make me Thy grace to prove
  Transform my soul.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement