Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 4)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Christmas Eve,

It is Christmas Eve, a time for us who are blessed, to be with our families. It is a bittersweet time. We miss our loved ones who are faraway and those who have passed away. We are thankful for the loved ones who are still with us. A wondrous and our lovely time.

Let us make sure we rejoice in what today stands for. The glorious birth of our Savior, Jesus. If He has not come as a babe to live and die for our sins, we would be a people of no hope. Our hope in a eternity with God in Heaven, lies in this most special birth of all births.

We look with great anticipation for the soon rapture, when we will ever be with our Heavenly Father. Let us cherish every moment this Christmas. Soon it will be a lovely memory. Let us take our time and rejoice in every moment with our family and friends. God bless you and your families.
Merry Christmas,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 22, 2018,
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Answered Prayer,

Today, when we woke up, I let the dog out and then went back to bed with the dog, and hubby and I watched a video of preaching by Pastor Hagee. Not only did hubby watch with me, but he had me rewind to hear certain phrases over again. This may not seem like a big thing, but it is. There was a time when hubby would not watch Preaching videos. God reminded me of how long I prayed for hubby’s salvation, many years.

Sometimes answers take years for our prayers. When the answer come, the taste of victory is so sweet. We can depend on God. When we learn to trust the timing of God we will have peace. We must remember God sees the future. He is wise beyond our ability to comprehend.

People like me who have chronic illnesses with no cure, must put our trust in God. Whether we are healed on this earth or in Heaven we can trust in our Heavenly Father. When we are willing to accept God’s will and stop fighting and arguing with God, that is when the true peace comes. I believe in healing. I was diagnosed with leukemia as a baby and God healed me. I still believe in healing.
I am at the place in my life that I am willing for God to have His Will in my life. I am not a super Christian. It has taken 4 years of suffering to humble me, but because I am willing to accept God’s will, I am at peace.

My friends, God does hear our prayers. Let us keep our trust in God and lay aside our pride. Be willing to accept the will of God with patience and grace.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 21, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Friday,

Rejoice In The Season,

We rejoice in the Christmas season, as more and more people are happy and laying aside the troubles to be thankful for Jesus’ birth. For Christians , it is a time to thankful for the birth of Jesus. We are grateful for our salvation. We are grateful for the loving relationship that we have with God. We remember all the many times that God has heard and answered our prayers. We should always be thankful for Jesus, but this time of the year, even more so.

Christmas Carols lightens our load and puts a spring in our step. Even when we don’t know all the words we find ourselves singing along to the radio or CD’s.
May God bring to you today a special blessing and bring your family closer in love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 20, 2018
Happy Thursday and Good Afternoon,

The Value Of A Soul

We must never lose sight of the Cross. This should be a reminder of the cost of our salvation. May God help us to never live in a way that we cheapen the cost of salvation, with the way we live. If every piece of gold and every diamond and jewel were piled up in a pile, it would be worth less then the cost of the salvation of one person.

You could say that you cannot see that, but God could produce a 100 times that with just a word from His mouth. Another way to look at that, God values every person who has accepted salvation, through His Son, Jesus, more the all the gold, diamonds, and jewels on this earth. God did not send His Son to live and die for material goods. Jesus died for sinners.

We will never be worthy of salvation. God knew that and yet He still sent Jesus to die for us. Let us pray each day that we will live in a way that is pleasing to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Heart of Praise

Praises to God should fall from our lips without effort. We should not have to strife to praise God. Our hearts should over flow with gratitude. I found myself singing songs of praise this morning. The more we love God, the more our hearts overflow with songs of joy. Thankfully it is not about our talent for singing but our sincerity. I rarely know all the words to a song, so my praise is a melody of songs. When praises to God Come from our hearts, they are a gift to our Savior.

We come to God with praises, because the cost of salvation was severe and cruel, yet Jesus took upon Himself our sins and paid the ultimate price for our salvation. Our hearts should be filled not with self pride, but praises to Jesus.
Give glory and praise to God.

We celebrate Christmas, because if Jesus had not left the glories of Heaven, there would be no remission of our sin. The whole world would be going to hell. Let us never underestimate the value of our salvation. Our salvation was paid for by the precious blood of Christ.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 18, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Learning To Lean On Jesus

We live in a world that self reliance is considered a good trait. While it is true God wants us to be effective workers in our jobs, Church and homes, He wants us to lean on Him. We honor God and help ourselves, when begin each day in prayer. Praising God and seeking His guidance and help each day will not only help our day go better, but will lift our spirits. Leaning on God is a strength and not a weakness. Acknowledging our need of God’s guidance and help is an action of strength.

Pray that we know the season we are living in. Do not close your eyes to the evil that is going on around us. Instead, allow the knowledge of this evil to cause us to see our time is short. Knowing the season we are in, should increase our prayers to God. In these days, more then ever, we need to pray for direction and discernment. Pray that we are not mislead by false teaching.

Work for God and also rest in the arms of God. We will find peace when we fellowship with our Heavenly Father. Continue to pray for lost souls. Pray for the sick. Pray for more Christians to rise up and speak the truth of God in a world that needs the truth of God more then ever. May God bless each of you with His marvelous mercy, grace, and strength.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 17, 2018
Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Allowing Pride to Destroy Our Lives.

I was an hour late refilling the bird feeders. I was hardly in the house when the birds came to feed. The birds did not care that I was late. People on the other hand can allow pride to cause us to miss out on something good. Anger over the time waiting for a table at a restaurant can cause some to leave in a huff and others to be so angry that do not enjoy their meal . Often it is pride that makes people feel they have been slighted. Even though there is a long line, they feel personally put out.

Pride keeps many from accepting salvation. Thinking that they are such a good person that they do not need salvation. Not realizing that they were born into sin. The Bible says all have sin. The nicest and and sweetest person in the world needs salvation. People can have the attitude that they will bow to no one.
Thus their pride will send them to hell.

Pride in their sin keeps people out of Heaven, also. People can refuse to repent and stop sinning, because they have hardened their ears and heart to the Holy Spirit. Eventually the Holy Spirit will no longer speak to them. Today women take pride in their abortion. Homosexuals march in gay pride parades. Married Men and women take pride in having a lover on the side. Sinners pride keeping them from the most precious gift of all, salvation through the Name of Jesus. Sadly even some take pride in going to hell.

Let us, who are God’s children, not give into pride. Christians can take pride legalism. Pride in keeping a list of rules that they or their Church has created. This week I have been told I am in danger of hell for celebrating Christmas. People putting celebrations over the precious blood of Christ. No one will not go to Heaven for just not celebrating Christmas. Muslims are sinners and they do not celebrate Christmas. The question is not do you celebrate Christmas, but have you given your life and heart to Jesus? Is Jesus your Lord and Savior?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 16, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Yesterday was a bad physically for me. Today is not much better. Having physical issues does not mean God loves us less. Often it is the days when we are suffering that we find ourselves talking to God, the most. Let us praise God everyday, good or bad.

I have been enjoying my Christmas tree and my Nativity Scene. I am reminding of so many memories of childhood. I was blessed to have a Christian mom, who raised us girls in Church. I learned about prayer from a praying mom.
I look back at so many things she did for us and the sacrifices she made for us girls.

As we enjoy parties and our families, let us remember that Jesus is the reason for the Season. One day we will see Jesus face to face. What a glorious day that will be. Today we rejoice in our relationship we have with Jesus and look forward to the perfect relationship we will have with Jesus in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 14, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Looking For Our Diamonds of Joy

Listening to the chatter of the birds at the feeders makes me glad. My little diamonds of joy, a gift from God to me. There is enough bad going on the world today, to make us mourn. We must take an effort to look for our tiny diamonds of joy that God sends our way. When we do, we will be refreshed.

Throughout the day there are many gifts that God gives us, that we don’t see.
When we are listening to the voice of God we will be aware of how great God is to us. We will have a thankful heart and we will rejoice in His great love for us. Remember the old song that says:”This is the day, that the lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”?

Let us be grateful children of God. Rejoice in the days we have. Pray for lost souls. Seeking each day to find a way to serve the Kingdom of God. Yes, my friends there is so much bad in the world that our hearts weep for the innocent victims of the hatred of mankind. We should mourn for those killed for their faith in God. Mourn only a little and then rejoice knowing that are in Heaven, where God, Himself is comforting them and healing their wounds. Satan can never touch them again.

May God bless you today with His love. May He fill your hearts with joy. May He allow us to have peace in our hearts and minds, knowing our time is short and Heaven is our destination.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 13, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Thursday,

Where Is God Leading Me?

Our Christian journey does not come with a map. It does not come with an itinerary. Our journey is a faith journey. Getting up every day and seeking God’s will. Often we allow chances of sharing the good news of Jesus go by, because we are not aware or not listening to the whispers of the Holy Spirit. This is why we should begin the day praying for God to guide us. I wish I could say I begin every day with prayer. I have days that it is rush-rush-rush. To my own harm, I forget to take the few minutes to pray. When I do so, God calms me down and I start the day in a better mood.

In this season of hope, we are often seem to be low on time. Let us seek the face of God everyday so that we can be aware of the opportunities, that God beings our way. Even a simple simple can change the day for someone else.
Betty
Still enjoying the birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 12, 2018

This is a marvelous time of year. When Christmas decorations are out almost every where. A time that seems to bring out the best in people. Of course there are always grumpy people around, but this time of the year there seems to be less of them.

There is even a song that ask, why can every day be like Christmas. Truth every day can be like Christmas, for Christians. We should be grateful every day for the birth, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. We should rejoice that Jesus has saved us from our sins.

Let us enjoy this time a year. Enjoy the beauty and the festive celebrations, but remember to be thankful for the greatest gift we have been given: salvation.
Pray not only for ourselves, but for our Military that are from home, Christians who are imprisoned for their faith, and lost souls.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 11, 2018
Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Why Is God Delaying the Rapture?

The simple truth is, that He is not. While many thing have pointed to a certain date, that now has passed, God did not forget us, nor has He been putting the rapture off. The different signs we have seen have been warnings for the Church to get itself ready. God is coming back for us, this is assured as life itself.

I get excited when I watch a video that points to a certain date. There is nothing wrong with being excited about the soon coming rapture. The questions are: Am I spiritually ready? Am I seeking the face of God? Do I have hidden sins in my life?

This is the time to be seeking God more. The time to be studying His Word and not quickly reading the Bible and moving on to something else. My friends, it is no longer the time to be satisfied with scanning a passage of the Bible and doing something else. We need to be studying the Word of God. We need to be eating up the Word of God, like it is a prime piece of steak.

Let us be more concerned with pleasing our Heavenly Father. Seeking His face in these evil times. Yes, we should be praying for the soon rapture to come quickly, but let us also pray for lost souls. Pray for spiritually healing and growth in ourselves and other Christians.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 10, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

God Never Forgets

Do you ever go in a room and forget the reason you are there? Do you ever fix yourself something in the kitchen and then leave it in the kitchen? God’s children are written on Jesus’ hands and feet. Not that He is capable of forgetting. All of eternity He will wear the scars of the cost of our salvation on His body.

We are special to God. He loved us before He spoke the universe into existences. Surely we should keep our praises to God in our hearts on our lips.
Troubles come and go, but we can always trust in the love of God. We should never take the steady love Of God has for us, for granted. We should not use His forgiving heart as an excuse to sin.

Let us live each day longing to please God with our words and our actions. Pray that God will give us a sweet and kind spirit so that others will see the love of God in us. Every night we should pray that God searches our hearts for any hidden sins. Seek forgiveness every day so that when God calls His children home, there will be no hidden sin in us.

God bless each of us and our families. May it not be long until God sends Jesus to get us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 9, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good evening,

Cold here in the Houston area. A nice day to drink hot coffee, eat chocolates, and enjoy my Christmas tree. My tree reminds me of the days when I played an Angel with a hanger wrapped in foil in the Church Christmas pageants. Those days were much simpler then. We knew our parents loved us and protected us. We were also taught to pray. We were taught to respect adults.

Now sadly too many parents are more concerned about children’s rights. Respect is no longer an honored trait to have. Fewer children are taught about God, by their parents and Teachers are no longer allowed to talk about God. Sadly, this is reflected in the behavior of children and teams who do respect authority.

It is easy just to write off this new generation, but that is not what God wants. We need to pray for them and share the love of God with them. Until the trumpet blows, let us live for God. Working for His Kingdom until, we leave this earth. Of course we wait with great anticipation for the trumpet to blow.

May God bless each of you and your family. If you are feeling low, may God lift your spirits. If you are in pain, may God ease your pain. May it not be long, before Jesus comes for His Own.
Betty

Revelation 22:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
December 8, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

There are days that are painful. Whether it is your mate or your boss, nothing you do pleases them. They are having a miserable day and they pass the misery on to you. Their pain becomes our pain. If you have a chronic disease their behavior will make you have a flair. It is easy to curl up in a ball and cry. Jesus calls us to come to Him. Take our pain, both physical and emotional and give it to Him. Jesus will bring comfort to those who suffer.

We know things don’t stay the same. Thing will get better, but through the storms of life, rest in the love of Jesus. We cannot change others, but we can lean on Lord and Savior. Pray for those that hurt us. Praise the Lord in the midst of our storm. Give Him the glory even when have to pray through our tears. The devil is fighting against Christians. It may look like He is winning, but soon Jesus will come for us.

Psalm 28:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Have a blessed day. Seek the face of God. Whatever our circumstances, rejoice in the goodness of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 7, 2018
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon,

Prickly As A Cactus

We have all awaken at times and are irritable, for no reason that we can pinpoint. A saying on Facebook says:”I am so irritable that I am not even speaking to myself. Many things can cause us to be irritable: an argument with someone, not enough sleep, or chronic pain. What do we do when we feel like this? We talk to God. We pray for a change in attitude. We pray for peace of mind and heart. We love others even when we do not feel lovingly.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Lord God wants to give us peace. No matter how out of sorts we feel, talking to God will help us. We can tell God anything. He knows our hearts. There are things we suffer through, that we discuss with no one, to protect the guilty. We can take those situations to God. We can pour out our hearts. He will pour His Holy Spirit over our wounds and take away the pain.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God wants us to come to Him with faith and no doubts. Surely we have know God long enough to know we come to Him, knowing that He loves us, and that we can trust in Him. We will have days of distress. We all have days of emotional or physical pain. Remember God never changes. The same God that sent His Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins and bring us into His saving Grace will help us through our dark days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 6, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Only God Knows

Twitter is ablaze today, because President Trump and his wife did not read from paper booklet, nor did they sing. The media is falling all over themselves with ideas about why not. This accusation about someone is thinking is even in sports. Where the sports casters argue over what the player was thinking when he made a certain play.

I used to be bad about this. Judging people’s thoughts. The Holy Spirit admonished me for this. Only the person and God knows a person’s thoughts.
Yes, we are told we can judge someone by their fruits. We are not to imagine what someone is thinking and then judge them on our thoughts. We need to shut down the devil, when he leads us on that path.

The devil would love to cause disharmony among the brethren. We see this every day on the Internet. Somethings are not worth fighting about. Speak the truth, when it comes to the Scriptures, but do not nit and pick about little things. Pray for one another and lift each other up in these evil days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 5, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

Be Not Evenness Of Another

This morning as I was getting dressed I was listening to a Christian station. They talked about how the Post Office is closed and the Stock market is closed, for the funeral for President Bush. A thought ran through my head: “that must be nice!” I was immediately corrected by God. Why should I envy the accolades of mankind? Should I not be more concerned about what God thinks of me?

The joy we will feel when enter the gates of Heaven, out weighs any joy that we can receive on earth. Remember often when someone dies, the praises people pour over their body are often said by people who cursed them when they were alive.

The relationship we have with our Lord Jesus outshines any friendship of mankind, even Kings and men and women who have high positions. The rewards from mankind or fleeting. People can be hailed in high esteem today and trashed tomorrow. People are fickle and they can change on a dime. God’s love for us is eternal.

It is so much better to live in a way that pleases the Lord. God never changes. What is important with Him today, will be important a thousand years from now.
As believers of Christ, we have an eternity of joy and peace. Let us not envy those who seem to have it all. We have the most important gift of all. A God that walks with us daily and will welcome us into Heaven. Let us rejoice in our relationship with God, and pray that are relationship grows every day.
Betty

I had about twenty five birds at my window today. Thank you, Jesus.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 4, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Tuesday,

Sitting here watching the lights on my tree change colors, I am reminded Christmas past. When in elementary we had a Christmas pageant in our class and we did the play about the birth of Jesus. No parent complained. These were back in the days when we recited the pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and said the Lord’s prayer together. Those days were much simpler. Teaching God and loyalty to our Country was the normal.

Now teaching kids to be loyal to God and Country are considered bad decisions. There were no drive by shootings. Talking about Jesus was acceptable. There were still crime, but youngins were protected from the news. We lived without fear.

Today loyalty is thrown out. Magazines encourage more then one sexual partner and homosexuality has gone from the back rooms to parades in the street. Austin, Texas is promoting an ordnance that would force Churches to hire homosexuals and transgender. The government choosing who is Pastor of a Church is something you would expect in China or Russia.

Anyone who does not see we are living in the end times, has their head in the sand. Christians, we must stayed prayed up. To be loyal to the Word of God will cause you difficulty. People will see you as prejudiced. God does not play around when it comes to sin. What He said was a sin 4,000 years ago, is still sin. God, Himself said sexual sins are worse because you take the sin right into your body.

“ Sexual sin defiles more than just our physical bodies (1 Corinthians 6:18). It has spiritual significance. Almost every book of the Bible renounces sexual immorality, indicating that God considers it a grave sin. Committing sexual sin is directly opposed to God’s will to sanctify us (1 Thessalonians 4:3).”

I am not going to stand on the street corner with a sign that says:”God hates gays”. God does not hate gay people. He hates the sin of homosexuality. Let us never lie about God’s Word. Speak the truth. If asked if homosexuality is a sin, say Yes. Then remind people that God wants to save lost souls. Living in sin and not repenting and turning away from sin, will send you to hell. Sadly, it is that simple. God in His Holiness cannot allow sin in to Heaven. It is that simple.

Unfortunately, there is Coming a day when we be forced to revival our beliefs. If we deny God’s truth on earth, He will deny us entrance into Heaven. Pray for courage to speak the truth of God. Pray for the soon return of Jesus.
Betty

Matthew 10:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

https://www.gotquestions.org/sexual-sin.html

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 3, 2018
Happy Monday and Good Morning,

Made By Loving Hands

Genesis 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God in His perfect love formed Adam and Eve and breathed life into them. Before God made Adam, He knew that Adam would sin against Him. God loved mankind so much, He chose to make human beings knowing that human beings would be stubborn and rebellious. Think about it like this: when we have a child, we visualize a little me. We don’t know before hand our little princess may grow up to dislike things that are important to us. Our our little junior may grow through a rough patch where they do not respect us.

God knew all the trouble mankind would cause and yet He still loved mankind. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins. Not just to die but to be beaten and to be spit on. There is so much evil in the world today. People who not only break the laws of God, but do so publicly and with no shame. Yet God loved even these, before they took their first breath. Time after time God calls sinners home to saved them and to reconcile them to Himself. It is only when they harden their hearts and close their ears to the truth, when God gives them over to a reprobate mind.

God made us in His love. When we choose to love back and to obey His laws, the reconciliation with God is sowed. God is so patient with us. Just like a toddler learning to walk and discovering new things, so does our spiritual lives began. We mess up and we sin, and God calls back unto Himself and forgives us, mends our wounds, and shows us compassion. If we thank God for anything, let us thank Him for His perfect love for us. God knows us more then even our mates. He knows the real us, yet His love for us is a love of perfection. Let us love Him with all of our heart. Let us be willing to obey Him and seek Him with all our hearts.

Psalm 139:14 Modern English Version (MEV)
I will praise you, for You made me with fear and wonder;
    marvelous are Your works,
    and You know me completely.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2018

Holiness

What is Holiness? Can we be Holy? Was Holiness only for days of the Bible?

Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary - Holiness
Holiness [N] [T]
in the highest sense belongs to God ( Isaiah 6:3 ; Revelation 15:4 ), and to Christians as consecrated to God's service, and in so far as they are conformed in all things to the will of God ( Romans 6:19 Romans 6:22 ; Ephesians 1:4 ; Titus 1:8 ; 1 Peter 1:15 ). Personal holiness is a work of gradual development. It is carried on under many hindrances, hence the frequent admonitions to watchfulness, prayer, and perseverance ( 1 Corinthians 1:30 ; 2 co 7:1 ; Ephesians 4:23 Ephesians 4:24 ). (See SANCTIFICATION .)

Today a special speaker, at Church, put Holiness in terms I could understand. The way to be Holy is to love God more then sin. When Satan wraps up sin in pretty paper with a bow, we remind ourselves that we love God more then what Satan is offering. Every time we reject sin, our lives become more Holy. When we sin, we seek forgiveness and turn from our sin. It is not enough to recognize sin in our lives, but we must turn away from sin.

Yes, it is hard to turn our back on sin, but when we seek help from God, He will help us. There may be times we have to change who we hang out with. When we hang out on a regular bases with sinners, we may find ourselves justifying our sins. Remember that sin is evil. It was because of sin that mankind was separated from God. It took the sacrifice of Jesus to make away for sin forgiveness. Let us not be guilty of cheapening or trampling on the blood of Christ by us entertaining sin in our lives.

Ever day pray for forgiveness of sin. Every day ask God to help you live that day avoiding sin. Determine in our hearts that we will live each day for Jesus. When we do sin, seek forgiveness and make a u-turn and turn away from sin.
Of course no person is perfect, but this does not give us a license to sin.
Betty

Acts 3:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

‘To God Be The Glory’

We are in a new month and the season that most of us enjoy. Let us make a point to remember that Christmas is about Jesus. As we go about our extra chores for this season, let us remember the sacrifice God made in coming to earth and taking the form of a human. Christmas is a lovely season. We see folks we haven’t seen since last year. Everywhere we go we see the beauties of Christmas.

It can be easy to forget who we are celebrating. We are celebrating the most precious birth that has every been, the precious birth of Jesus. He is the reason for the season. Let us not get so busy that we did not thank God every day for the gift of Jesus. There are no words to describe the gift of our salvation. Jesus lived and died for us. He died for us even before we were even born. He loved us before we were even in our mother’s womb. God is,not looking for fancy words. He is looking for humble servants who are willing to admit that we are nothing without Him. He is looking for those are willing to be obedient to Him and serve Him with a generous and glad heart.

Let us give God our hearts, our minds, and all the glory that is due Him. Seek Jesus and you will find Him. Worship Him in spirit and truth. Yes, yes, give all the glory to God our Savior. Praise His Holy Name.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 2018
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon,

Worthy of All Praise

Revelation 5:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

If you are like me, you find yourself looking away from the scenes in the movie The Passion of Christ, where Christ is beaten and the nails are drove into His hands and feet. These scenes are painful to watch, yet Jesus lived this scenes out so that God could be reconciled to mankind. We can even downplay in our minds the acute suffering Jesus was willing to take upon Himself, so that we do not go to Hell.

Sadly some Churches have removed hymns that mention the shed blood of Christ. Of course the shedding blood is disturbing, yet we need to be frequently reminded that Jesus left the perfection of Heaven, to be clothed in human form, for the purpose of dying for the sins of mankind. Our salvation was purchased by the blood of God.

Do we live our lives in a way that cheapens salvation? Have we come to believe that we are somehow entitled to the gift of salvation? Are we attempting to live, trying to please God and our own selfish desires? May God help us to understand the times we are living in.

This is not the time to straddle the fence. Be bold for Jesus. Do not be one person around our unsaved friends and another around Church friends. The Groom is coming soon for His Bride. Will He find us spiritually ready? Are will He find us living too much into the world and their agenda? God show us the truth about ourselves. It is so much better to be convicted now and repent then face God and find ourselves coming up short in the way we are living for God.

Philippians 1:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

May God reveal our sins to us so that we can come to Him for forgiveness and be spiritually healed. If we will draw close to God, He will draw closer to us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 30, 2018

Awake and Cranky

Today that was my mood when I woke up. This mood was followed by whispering from the devil, questioning whether God can use me for His Glory, when I allow little things determine my attitude. Satan doesn’t understand that God takes broken and flawed people, who are willing, and uses them for His Kingdom. Of course, it is right that we seek forgiveness, when we allow circumstances to control our moods. Not only will God forgive us but He will refresh our spirit and give us peace.

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

We will find more peace in our lives, when we walk in a spirit of gratefulness. We take so many gifts from God for granted. Let us not have a attitude of entitlement. Instead let us seek to be more grateful and appreciative of what we have. May we offer up thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father ever day. Remember moods come and go but God is faithful in His love and care for His children.

Awake and cranky? No! I am replacing that with awake and grateful. Praise God for the love that He shows us every day. May we live in a way that honors our Savior and Lord.
Betty
Texas has issues when it comes to weather. Cold last weekend and 76 degrees today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 29, 2018

Fill My Cup, Lord Jesus

Fill my cup, Lord Jesus until it is over flowing with your love, kindness and grace. Not for my selfish desires, but that I will be so over flowing with your presences that others will be touched by Your love for them, by being around me.
We see and hear people talk today in person and through the media that is so filled with evil, that they infect everyone they come in contact with, with evil desires and acceptance of their sinful ways.

It is time, Lord Jesus, that Your people desire to be an influence on the world not only of your goodness but as a warning of the coming judgement. It is not enough for the world to know you love them, but they must be convicted so that they know their sins and are convinced to repent. Remind us of the season we are living in. Quicken our hearts to the realization of so many souls lost and going to hell.

Keep us overflowing with Your Holy Spirit, lest we become empty ourselves as we share the Gospel of Christ with others. Search our hearts and convict us of our own sins lest we be the person who is sharing the truth of the Gospel, but while we ourselves are living in hidden sin. God forbid that the way we live, will bring shame to the Gospel. Keep us attuned to Your Voice and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, so we can walk faithful and sure in these days when sin is running amuck and becoming accepted as the right and true way to live.

My heart cries out to You, my God and Savior, come quickly. Until the trumpet blows help us to live every day in a way that is pleasing to You.
Betty

I think we have found a Church home. Praise God! God is still blessing me with tiny diamonds of joy as the birds come to feed.

https://youtu.be/s4l2yY2r95g

https://youtu.be/llvhZUCB0Jg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28, 2018

Am I Doing Enough For God?

I watched two videos on YTube of preaching by David Wilkerson last night, that left me shaken to the core. In the video, David is in anguished over lost souls. Just watching the video, you could feel the power of the Holy Spirit over his preaching. Why does not my heart not mourn over millions of people dying and going to hell every day? Why do I not see lost souls I come in contact with and not feel a yearning deep in my soul to silently pray for them?

Have I become so caught up in this life that my heart is not burden for those facing an eternity without Christ? Have I become so self absorbed that I do not seek to live my life more for the Kingdom of Christ? We are living in the last days, yet we as Christians are more focused on the little things going on around us then we are on what is important. We have lost sight of what is important. God help His Church to wake up to what is important before it is too late. Or else I fear, we will face God and be ashamed of the little we worked and prayed for the cause of Christ. Heavenly Father, open our eyes so that we can see what is important to You and get to work on serving You. More then anything help us live as good and faithful servants to You, our Heavenly Father. Forgive us of our sins and our tendency to become self-absorbed.
Betty

https://youtu.be/x_3JGSlMFu0

https://youtu.be/CUeLEOQWY6g

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 27, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

6:40a.m. And I have slept maybe 30 minutes. I have prayed, sang songs in my head, and played mind games, but sleep has evaded me. One of those songs in my head was : ‘Come, Home Come Home, it’s supper time. As time marches on towards the rapture, we can feel the urge for that song to play out in reality.

Jim Reeves – Suppertime Lyrics
(Sang)
Many years ago in days of childhood
I used to play till evenin' shadows come
Then windin' down that old familiar pathway
I'd hear my mother call at set of sun.

Come home, come home it's suppertime
The shadows lengthen fast
We're going home at last.

(Spoken)
Some of the fondest memories of my childhood
Were woven around suppertime
When my mother used to call
From the backsteps of the old homeplace
Come on home now son it's suppertime.

Ahhhh, but I'd loved to hear that once more
But you know for me time has woven the realization of
The truth that's even more thrillingand that's when
The call come up from the portals of glory
To come home for it's suppertime.

When all Gods children shall gather around the table
Of the Lord, Himself and the greatest suppertime of them all.

(Sang)
The shadows lengthen fast
We're going home at last...
Songwriters: Ira F. Stanphil

What a wonderful song of hope that reminds us that if will not be long until we participate in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. When our old sinful body will be changed into a glorified body without sin, sickness, and disabilities. More important we will be joined in Marriage to our Groom, Jesus. Words cannot express the wondrous joy that will be ours throughout eternity. No human being is capable of loving us with the Godly love, God has for us.

Nothing can compare with the love God has for us, yet we do look forward with great anticipation to seeing our Christian loved ones, who have gone on to Heaven, before us. Even now our hearts warm with Heavenly joy, knowing what awaits us in Heaven. When times are hard, my friends, comfort yourself in the knowledge of the eternity that awaits us in Heaven. Remember the pains and hurts and even persecution suffered here, will disappear with our first glance of Jesus. Another old song says all our disappointments, pain and sorrows will disappear with one glimpse of the face of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

11-26-2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Waiting on the Lord

I am going today to see a Ortho Doctor about my hand. Still swells and hurts after two months. I might have torn a ligament. We have all had prayed request, that God did not answer in what we consider a timely manner. It is easy to get discouraged and lose hope. We can begin to believe God either did not hear our prayer or does not care.

There are many reasons why our prayer was not answered right away. When we pray for another person, it could be that the person, themselves is hindering the work of God. I prayed for 15 years before hubby got right with God. God was willing but hubby wasn’t. Not that I am being critical of Hubby. I myself can be stubborn, too.

Some times we will not understand the delay in getting our prayers answered until we get to Heaven. Our job is to trust in God anyway. To encourage ourselves in the waiting time, we remember past times when God answered our prayers. We encourage ourself in the Lord and we are grateful to God for the provisions that He provides every day for us and our families.

Waiting on the Lord builds patience and faith. We grow spiritually when we are patient without grumbling and complaining. Let us continue to pray for those who are suffering persecution for their faith in Christ. Pray for our military and first responders. Pray for our brethren in the Lord and for lost loved ones.
Betty
Still blessed with birds at my feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 25, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

We are entering the season when people are usually more joyful and kind. This year, I am concerned that hate over politics will seep into the Christmas Season. I have never seen such open hate against a President in my life. The hate is being fed by news media, talk shows and celebrities. All Christians should be able to see how hard the devil is working to spread evil throughout the world.

Jesus warned of these days, the days liken unto Noah, Sodom, and Gomorrah.
We would have to be spiritually blind not to see the days we are living in. These are the days that we need to secure in our faith and seek strength from the Holy Spirit to stay strong to the truth of the Gospel in days when the truth of the Gospel is unpopular. God has equipped us for these days with the full armour of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18 King James Version (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Fear not, for the Lord is with us and will never leave us. Ask God to fill our hearts with joy so that even in these days we can be an instrument of kindness and have a gentle spirit as we deal with fellow Christians and non Christians.
Knowing that it is good that we be an example of the love of Jesus in evil times.
Do not lay aside doing good nor give into sin for when we sin we destroy our testimony. Live in a way that is pleasing to God. Seek after righteousness so that we may live holy lives for Christ.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 24, 2018
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon

Real Sacrifice -vs- Inconvenience

In America we often confuse inconvenience with sacrifice. A 24 year old young man gave his life to reach those who never have heard of Jesus. When he first visited them he was shot with an arrow. Yet, he chose to go back and lost his life. Sadly the world is more concerned about whether the people were exposed to the flu, then their future in eternity. This man truly had love for these people and was willing to face death because of his love for them. He is now with God.

How many times have we felt like we made a sacrifice for God, when it was just a connivence? Not everyone is destined to lose their life for their faith. May God help us to be appreciative of what we have. May we be grateful that someone shared with us how to get saved. We can look back at see all the Preachers and Teachers who guided us in our faith journey. Many of us had a parent that loved the Lord and raised us up in Church. We were indeed blessed.

Let us pray for the young man’s family. That God will comfort and give them peace. May it not be too much loner until God calls His children home to Heaven. May God keep us secure in His arms.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 13, 2018

Black Friday

It has been said by many people:”Only in America are people thankful on Thanksgiving and act like blood thirsty animals the next day. Thankful one day and greedy and mean the next. Sadly many just skip the thankful part and are already standing in lines for shopping on Thanksgiving Day.

Black Friday in our house is to sleep till you wake up and stay in your pj’s the rest of the day. I have seen too many people on the news fighting over merchandise and knocking down people to get to items first. The thought of being in the kind of group of people gives me anxiety.

As I get older, the more content I am with what I have. Yes, like everyone else I need to buy necessities. With my health a day at the mall could mean having issues breathing. So we do much of our shopping online. There is one thing that Christians should never be satisfied with and that is our spiritual life. We should yearn to grow closer to God every day.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. We had a lovely day with our kids and their families. We were blessed and are grateful.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 21, 2018

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. A day in America when we give thanks to God. Thanksgiving Day, brings up mixed emotions. We look around the table and we are thankful our families. Also, though we recognize those who are missing. We are blessed when we know that those missing were saved and we can be at peace that they are with God. Yet, we miss them and wish they were with us, even for just an hour or two.

We are blessed that we still live in a Country with religious freedom. We see it little by little being slipping away, but let us not spend tomorrow mourning the future but be grateful for the present. The same God who is with us today will be with us in the future. Just as he has sustained us in the past, He will do so today and our tomorrows. Tomorrow let us concentrate on what we have and be grateful to God.

When we sit around the table, let us not forget the men and women who will not be at their family tables because they are serving our Country. Pray for the Military. Pray that God protects them and brings them home. Pray for the Police and Firemen who work on Thanksgiving Day. Pray for their safety. Pray for all those who work serving others on Thanksgiving Day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 20, 2018
Happy Tuesday and Good Morning,

Keep Your Hands On The Plow

1 Corinthians 9:27 King James Version (KJV)27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul, knew it was not only about a good beginning, but it is also about finishing the course. Sadly many start the course, only to abandon the course. We see this with some Ministers, too. They start out serving God and as their Church grows, their finically health improves and they get greedy. Soon they abandon preaching the trust of the Gospel for prosperity Teaching. A false Gospel that fills their pocketbooks. At first they may rationalize that the Church can reach more people and finance more Missions, when the Church brings large amounts of money.

They forget that the first mission God gave them is the souls in their Church. They are the Shepards of the Church they Pastor. When Pastors stop preaching about sin and hell, they are forsaking their mission. I will give you an example. When I first got married and for many years, I read my horoscope in the newspaper. It was not until we went to a new Church, that the Pastor said in his sermon that horoscopes were a tool of the devil. I did not know I was sinning until I was taught. This is a Ministers job to warn the congregation about sins. Of course the Pastor did not know I read my horoscope every day. When Pastors pray for God to give them the topic to preach on, God will have him preach on what the people in the Church need. God does know.

In today’s world it is easy to give into PC. If a fellow worker ask you point blank
“What do you think about homosexuality, transgender doctrine, or abortion”? Do we try to walk a high wire, answering in a way that makes us look, PC? Or do we speak the truth, in love. As we are living day by day are we growing spiritually or are we trying to live with one leg in the world and one leg in our faith?

Friends, if we find speaking the truth of the Gospel to coworkers, friends, and family hard, what will we do if it becomes illegal to speak the truth. I have relationships with a few people that God has led me to stop talking to them about the truth. The more they hear the truth, the more they hardened their heart to the truth. Yet, we must be spiritually ready to answer when people ask for the truth.

We are coming to the end of grace. May we walk and talk in the truth of the Gospel. May we finish our life here on earth walking close to God, living for Him and working for His Kingdom. How sad it would be to give up so close to the finish line and to give up on God. Pray that we finish our course with joy in our hearts from the Lord and willing hands and feet to carry our cross for Jesus.

Acts 20:24 King James Version (KJV)24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Betty

https://youtu.be/ggUZU4-dA2Q

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 19, 2018

Sin is Addictive and Consuming,

There are some sins that start out as attractive and pretty. Yet, the more you embrace these sins, the more addictive to sin you become. The more you indulge in these sins, the more consuming they become. We have seen drugs take over the lives of people and destroy them. Even the very rich, who are addicted to drugs, become a shell of the person that they once were, until the devil is finished with them and they die. The more drugs they take the more the quantity of drugs they need. Till drugs literally control their lives. They end up scheduling their days around their drug intake.

Sexual sins are like that, too. The more a person indulges in sexual sin, the more partners they must have. Far too soon, sex has lost its pleasure and is only an addiction that must be satisfied. An addiction that leaves the person with no family and no close relationship.

Satan holds sin up to people like an apple to a horse, tempting people to take just one bite. It is not very long until the person is consumed by sin. Many a person has said:”I would never do that!”. Yet sin is so consuming that they find themselves doing the unspeakable because their lust for sin overcomes all their sanity.

To some power, fame, or money is a drug. The more they get, the more they need to satisfy sin’s desire in their lives. Until they shut down their own conscious and hear only the greed of the sin in them, calling out for more and more. Just as with the drug and sex addict, the devil will use these people until he is finished and then leave them to die in their sins.

Sadly the world has embraced sin today and no longer is sin something done in secret in the dark of the night. Homosexuality is wrapped up in a flag of gay pride and not only displayed on the front of their houses but are celebrated in the streets in gay pride parades. The devil not satisfied with just homosexuality but he has convinced people to embrace transgenders. Libraries and elementary Schools have invited transgenders to read books to children. Children as young as 5 are being taught about homosexuality and transgenders.

Now the devil had convinced educated people that no one is born male or female. A celebrity has come out with unisex clothing for babies and children. New parents are insisting that their babies be not identified as male or female. Yet no one sees that Satan’s attack is against God and he is teaching people to reject everything God stands for, even down to what sex a child is born as. Satan does not care that we are growing up a generation who doesn’t even know that they are a boy or a girl. Evil is consuming this world and people are eating up this evil like a delicious sweet.

My friends, evil will continue to grow until God brings down judgement on this world and destroys those who gladly embrace the lies of Satan. We must stay prayed up and in the Word of God, lest we are ourselves are led astray by Satan and his converts.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 18, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

God’s Will In Times of Trouble,

We often think that we are doing God’s Will, everything will fall into place and all will be at peace. This is not always the case. Remember, Satan is against the will of God and He will fight against it. Nehemiah was called by God to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, not only did the devil fight against him, but he used men to threaten the lives of Nehemiah and the men working with Him. Nehemiah and his men build the wall with a sword in one hand. The devil fought them hard but they trusted God and continued their work and the wall was built.

We can easily be discouraged when we start a project, only to abandon it at the first sign of trouble. We tell ourselves that it must not be God’s will, because of the circumstances. Truth is when it is God’s Will, the devil will fight you tooth and nail and when you are discouraged enough to quit, tell you that it wasn’t God’s Will. When we feel led to do something, we seek God to see if it’s God Will. When God show us through the Holy Spirit it is His will, we pray for God’s help. When the devil attacks we seek help from God and keep working.

We will struggle and we will face attacks, but we keep working because we love God. Our love for God inspires us to want to work for God’s Kingdom. God can help us keep our faith strong and sure.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 10:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God gives us a measure of faith when we get saved. We cannot get saved unless God gives a measure of faith.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

We increase our faith by hearing the Word of God. Even when we are ill we are blessed in this age to listen to great preachers online. Some Churches have their services live on line and there are many good Sermons on YTube. So what do we do to prepare for battle? We stay prayed up. We listen to God’s Word. Just as physical exercise builds up our muscles, each spiritual successful battle, builds up our faith.

My dear friends, remember the battles are increasing because we are living in the last days. We are so close to hearing the trumpet sound. Let us stay our course and pray we will be worthy to hear Jesus say:

Matthew 25:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 17, 2018

Joy In The Days Of Evil

One only has to read the newspaper, to see we are living in the days of evil. We can become easily discouraged, even begin to doubt that the rapture will happen. We need to be aware of the things happening around us, but if we spend more time listening to the news, then praying and reading The Bible, we will become easily discouraged.

While it is true that evil is growing more evil every day, God is still on His Throne and His Majesty as strong as ever. People think of God that is all loving. Which He is. They think they can allow their hearts to be filled with evil and when they face God, He will gently pat them on the head and escort them into Heaven. God is a loving God, but He cannot and will not allow evil to enter into Heaven. Sin separates us from God. God hates sin.

Hebrews 10:31 King James Version (KJV)31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Pride and the lust for sinful things are sending millions to an eternity in hell. Some say the God, I serve will never send anyone to hell. The God, I serve has accepted homosexuality as normal. God understand that abortion was my only choice if I wanted that promotion. Yes the ‘god’ you serve maybe all that, but he or she is not the God of Heaven.

Jesus died to redeem us from sin, not to allow us to embrace sin. We are coming to the time, that we must decided for ourselves who we will serve. Will we serve our own lust and desires or will we serve the God of Heaven. There will come a day, when it is too late to choose. Do not put off salvation because the yearning from the Holy Spirit will not always be there.

2 Corinthians 6:2 King James Version (KJV)2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

We look forward with joy and anticipation for the trumpet to blow and God to call us home to Heaven. Until that moment in time, let us pray that we hold fast to our faith in God. That we willingly and with grace, live for our Lord and Savior.

Hebrews 10:23 King James Version (KJV)23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Revelation 3:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Revelation 3:11 King James Version (KJV)11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

May God bring little diamonds of joy into your lives today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 16, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Very early this morning I woke up with songs of praise in my heart and on my lips. I fell back to sleep,rejoicing in the Lord. Now I feel kinda bland. Does this mean I have lost my faith or that God is not with me and in my heart? Of course not! There are times we are on the mountain top, times in the dark valley, and other times we are just on flat land. Days on flat land, we continue in our faith. We praise God, even when it’s not at the same intensity as before.

These days on flat ground, help us to regroup. Time not on the mountain or in the valley, gives us quiet time to access our spirituality. Seek God to find out if there are any changes we need to make in our lives. Often it is when we are on the flat land that we rest our minds and bodies. We still praise and worship our Lord and Savior. We pray for one another.

So many tragedies in the world. So many need our prayers. Used the time when we are at peace to pray more for those suffering. Pray for lost souls. Ask God to guide us each day to speak what He wants us to say and to show us ways to be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 15, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

One Bean in a Bag of Beans

In this world we are just one person in a world of 7.7 Billion. How can I matter to God? The Bible assures us that God even knew us individually when were in our mother’s womb. He knew us and He loved us, even then. God had a plan for our lives before we took our first breath, out side the womb. We are important enough for God to make a plan for us. We do not always do God’s will. Sadly many reject God’s voice calling them to salvation. Others who do answer, are stubborn and seek their own desires over the will of God.

Jeremiah 29:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

When we do accept the perfect will of God, we will be happier and more at peace. This does not mean that we will not have dark and fearful days. Trials and tribulations wear down our rough edges and polish us into the beauty God intended for His children. We learn to trust God through pain and misery.

Verse 3:
I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do

Jesus is coming soon, but till then we will face dark times. The liberals of this world are coming to hate Christians, because we refuse to embrace sin. They have chosen to accept evil, but our light in the world, convicts them. Rather then turn to the truths of God, they have chosen to make God over in their own image. Our existence reminds them that they are no longer worshipping the true God but a ‘god’ they have created to justify their sins.

Keep your faith in God. Live for God every day. Pray for spiritual guidance. Seek the face of God and choose to live in the will of God.
Betty

Luke 21:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

ANDRAE CROUCH
Through It All Lyrics

I've had many tears and sorrows,
I've had questions for tomorrow,
there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation,
God gave me blessed consolation,
that my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus:
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God
Chorus2:
Through it all,
through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

Verse 2:
I've been to lots of places,
I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours,
yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own!

Chorus

Verse 3:
I thank God for the mountains,
and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem,
I wouldn't know that he could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 14, 2018

How Important Is Encouragement?

1 Thessalonians 5:11 King James Version (KJV)11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

If there ever was a time that we need encouragement, it is today. I am not talking platitudes, like a short saying in a greeting card, but real encouragement and reminders of our God who will never forsake us. We need to encourage each other in the truths of God’s Word.

Hebrews 3:13 New King James Version (NKJV)13 but [a]exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Encouragement can keep our brethren from falling into sin. This is how important encouragement, is. Do not be self centered, caring only about ourselves. If we cut off people and insist on being self reliant, who will help us up when we fall into a hole? Who will remind us of the love of God when Satan fills our hearts with discouragement?

Dear Christians, we are apart of the body of Christ. We are suppose to work together. When we try to live independent from the body, we deprive ourselves and others. Pray for God to show us how to be an encourager. Pray and read the Bible so that we can be encouraged by God, our Heavenly Father. Reach out to others when you feel discouraged. Every Christian is under some kind of attack. Time is short and the devil is working hard to steal our testimony. Remember God is stronger than the devil. Keep our trust in the Lord and remind ourselves, Satan is a liar.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 13, 2018

Fear Not, But Trust In Your God

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

It’s easy to say we trust God and yet, when troubles come where do we stand? Do we turn to God first or do we go into panic mode? Do we only go to God when we are exhausted from panic and fear? God says, call unto me first. He wants to be our source, that we depend on.

Troubles are increasing because of the times we are living in. This does not mean that God has lost His abilities. Jesus warned us of these times, so we would be prepared. We need not be caught off guard when we study His Holy Word. We are in the birth pains of troubles to bring in the tribulation. What do we do? We ask God to fill our lamps daily with His Holy Spirit, so we can stand firm in Christ, even though things around us are chaotic.

Put your job, your marriage, and your children in the hands of God. If your job ends, God will still provide for your needs. If your marriage goes through a rough spot, God is still with you. When our children drift away from the truth, God will still hear our prayers for their souls. Remember the verse that says:

Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Sometimes children wander from the faith but if we have trained them in the Lord, they will return.

As we go through these dark days, stay firm in your faith. Lean on the Lord and encourage yourself in the Word of God. It will not be long until Jesus will call His children home.

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 12, 2018

Sinful Nature or God

“Do we let the “wild things” of our old sin nature drive us—like worry, fear, or self-will—or do we yield to God’s loving Spirit and the grace that helps us grow?”

Who do we allow to rule us? : Our old sinful nature our God?

When we get frustrated, what comes out of our mouth? Do we allow our temper to take over sanity? It’s tempting to blame our parents. We kick the table because we cannot find our keys. When our mate comments, we us the excuse dad or mom had a short fuse. As if that gives us permission to act that way. Someone cuts us off in traffic and our temper rises up.

My weakness is other drivers or is it the truth that I allow circumstances to control me. Of course the devil will tempt us when another driver cuts us off or is rude to us. This does not mean we have to give in. How many people have been killed or hurt by road rage? While it is true there are times people are already mad before they get in the car, many times drivers allow their temper to build up along the way. One driver is going to slow, one driver is going to fast and we can become frustrated trying to move out of the way and changing lanes to get around slow drivers. Then somebody cuts us off and we go into full rage mode. We see this all the time.

This is not the way Christians are to act. God forbid that one of His children gives the finger to anyone. A good way is to start out the day with prayer. Pray that we will live each day in a way that pleases God. When our old sin nature rises up and we do lose our temper, repent to God. A good thing would be to pray for the other driver, also.

Until we are in our glorified bodies, we will sin from time to time. We must ask the Holy Spirit to help us rein in our old sinful nature. My friends if we do not control this old sinful nature it will no longer be the old one but our present nature. God forbid that after God gives us a new heart that we allow sin to take over our new heart.

We protect ourselves by trusting God and putting Him first. When first tempted we see help from God and not play with sin. Sin is evil. Jesus died because of our sins. We spit in the face of God, when we give sin a place in our lives and amuse ourselves with it like it is a toy. If we stay in sin too long, our souls become in danger. Let us pray for God to help us resist sin and put God first in our lives.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 11, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Happy Veterans Day,

Honor

Today we honor the men and women who have served our Country in the Military. This is something they have earned by putting their lives on hold to serve their Country and to protect her.

We honor God because He sent His Son to die for us. We were unworthy, born into sin, but God loved us so much, that He made the supreme sacrifice so that we could be reconciled to Him. Just as the Military has too many times come home to a ungrateful Nation, so many reject the great sacrifice that God made for us. Some choosing to stay in their sins and others allow pride to cause them to reject salvation.

Not only did Jesus choose to leave the glories of Heaven, to be clothe in the fragility of a man, but if are willing to repent and accept His gift of salvation, He walks with us daily and provides encouragement and comfort for us. We honor Him by choosing to live righteous lives and to work for the Kingdom of God.

May God give a special blessing to everyone who served this Country. As Christians, let us choose to honor God with our lives and give Him the Glory and Praise that is due, Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 9, 2018

As the time grows short, there will be more false Jesus appearing and more false Preachers and Teachers. Jesus warned of this and told us to be careful. When a person speaks something that is contrary to God’s Word, take caution. In this world where sin abounds, sadly, some have abandoned the Truth of the Gospel for political correctness. They will answer to God for leading others to believe in a false Gospel, one that does not lead to Heaven.

Some people say that they prefer to go to a Church where the the Preaching makes them feel good about themselves. Jesus said this would happen in the last days. Jesus did save us to make us feel good about ourselves but to be saved by the righteousness of God.

2 Timothy 4:3 King James Version (KJV)3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Hearing the Truth of the Gospel, often makes us uncomfortable. Conviction by the Holy Spirit stings, but seeking and finding forgiveness, restores our souls and brings us true peace. How do we protect ourselves from false teachers and preachers? We study the Word of God and pray for discernment . When we do this, the Holy Spirit will warn us when we hear or read false teaching.

We know that any person who claims to be Jesus is a liar. The Bible says clearly that Jesus will not step on the earth until after the tribulation. For those who believe the tribulation has already happened or is happening now, read The Book Of Revelations. You will see the tribulation has not started. The rapture will happen first.

The rapture could happen anytime. This is why we are to prepare our hearts and our lives to be ready. What a sad thing it would be if the rapture happens when we are drunk with alcohol or participating in sin.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 "...so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

Every day pray for God to keep us ready and alert for His Coming. Pray that we will be doing His work and praying for others until the time the trumpet blows. Remember we are living for God and marching to Zion.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 8, 2018

Bitterness Hurts The Heart

I read the other day, that people allow bitterness to eat at themselves, thinking they are hurting the person they are mad at. This afternoon when we woke up, we were lying in bed talking and hubby was teasing me and the dog. I reached over and tickled him, forgetting that there is something wrong with my left hand and a wrist. The pain was sharp and quick. I told my hubby, my actions were to aggravate him, not to cause me pain. We laughed together and soon the pain went away.

Sadly, we can often make ourselves physically sick with bitterness. Some Doctors have said that bitterness can lead to a compromised immune system which can lead to ulcers and even cancer. The sad thing is we often hold on to bitterness, because we think we are getting back at someone who hurt us. The truth is the person who hurt us has probably forgotten what happened and yet we have chosen to hold on to the pain like a hidden treasure.

Jesus died to forgive our sins and yet, we can be tempted to hold on to hurts and have an unforgiven spirit. Have we now forgotten what Jesus said?

Luke 11:4 King James Version (KJV)4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Do we want God to forgive us in the same likeness that we forgive others ? How do we forgive someone ? Every time the devil brings up a wrong that someone did to us, we pray a blessing on that person. It takes time, but soon we can remember what happened and feel no bitterness. When we have reached this point, God has healed our bitterness and given us victory.

As we get closer to the end of the Age of the Gentiles, the devil is pulling out all stops to hurt Christians. Sadly, he often uses Christians to hurt other Christians. We as people can be insensitive and without thinking, we can say things that pierces the heart of another. Let us pray each day, that our words be like salt that seasons the life of another and we do not bruise one another with careless words.
Betty

Ephesians 4:31-32 New International Version (NIV)
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 7, 2018

Why Do Christians Need To Seek Forgiveness For Sin?

I read about a television Preacher who said that Christians no longer have to seek forgiveness of sin. This is not what Jesus said. In the Lord’s Prayer we are to ask for forgiveness of sin. The Disciples where already saved, but Jesus encouraged them when they prayed to seek forgiveness of their sins.

Luke 11:4 King James Version (KJV)4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

King David was a man after God’s own heart, but we he sinned he sought forgiveness .

"For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.
I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,'
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin." – Psalm 32:3-5

When we sin, the Holy Spirit will convict us. We go to Jesus for forgiveness and reconciliation, because unforgiven sin puts a wedge between us and God. It’s like when a child does something wrong. The parent still loves the child but there is a distance between the two. When the child ask for forgiveness, the parent takes the child in their arms and there is then peace between them.

The Pastor I mentioned, started out on the right path but has lined himself up with prosperity Pastors. Pastors who seek to make people feel good and not willing to make people uncomfortable. Sadly some will make people feel comfortable right into hell. Today is not the time for cotton candy Gospel. It is too close to judgment day to be more concerned with hurting someone’s feelings then speaking the truth of God.

Do as King David, ask God daily to search our hearts for hidden sins and seek forgiveness, daily. Press on my friends and keep working for God and praying daily.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 6, 2018

Words Can Wound

You do not have to live too many years before you have physical scars on your body. Even though I am 66 years old I can still remember when I was 6 years old and fell off a bike and had to get stitches in my head. I have numerous other scars from cuts needing stitches. Thankfully those scars are only memories and no pain involved.

Words on the other hand leave no physical scars but just remembering them can cause us pain. Thankfully thoughtless words and words said in anger and said in the past only come across our minds occasionally. As Christians we need to guard our mouths. King David realized that guarding our mouths required action from God. He prayed this prayer:

Psalm 141:3 New King James Version (NKJV)Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.

Our words can cause a Christian to lose their faith in God. We cannot reach sinners for Christ if we have a potty mouth. Words said in anger can cut deep into a soul of another. We have a responsibility to take responsibility for our words. When say something in anger, apologize to the person and seek forgiveness. When we put down someone and seek to wound them with words of discouragement apologize and repent to God.

Christians hear words of hate and discouragement in the world. The family of God should be a safe place. I am not saying we support sin in someone’s life, but we tell them truth in love. Pray more and speak less. Sometimes we talk to much, when a few words said in love and with God’s guidance does more then a thousand words poured out like water on the ground.

Psalm 19:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heartBe acceptable in Your sight,O Lord, my [a]strength and my Redeemer.

Pray for God’s will in this election. No matter who wins, remember God is still on His Throne. We can always trust in God and His Ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 5, 2018

Life Is Like A Vapor

James 4:14 King James Version (KJV)14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

We do not what this evening will hold. We make plans, but things happen out of our control. What we do know is, if we are a child of God, He is in control. Life is filled with surprises; good and bad. Through out all our days, we can trust God to be with us. He not only walks with us but He sustains us with His Holy love for us.
By faith we look up to God when we are overcome with sorrow. His divine comfort will wrap us up in His love.

Knowing the times we live in and the shortness of life , should encourage us to live every day, seeking to work for the Kingdom go God. Our goal should be to please God in all things. When our faith is weak, read the Bible to build up your faith. When we need comfort cry out to God for His gentle touch.

Life is short but eternity is forever. Now is the time to choose where we want to spend eternity. We cannot depend on last second salvation. Let us search our hearts and make sure we are right with God. Walk close to God and avoid sin. When we do these thing we can be at peace that if God calls us home today, we will be with God eternally.

Let us have a song of praise in our hearts for Jesus who gave Himself as a sacrifice for redemption. May God give us a kind and sweet spirit towards all those we come in contact with. Remember we love the sinner and hate the sin that has so entangled them. Pray for one another.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 4, 2018
Good Evening and Blessed Sunday,

A new week starts tomorrow. May we begin the day praying for one another. Seeking God to stretch our spiritual muscles and to help us avoid temptations. Encourage one another. When they do something good, compliment them. When they are joyful, share in their joy. When they are suffering, offer them hugs and loving care and pray for them.

Walk in the truth of God and His Holy Word. Be ambassadors, for Christ and share His love with all you come in contact with.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 3, 2018

Be An Encourager

As Christians we need to encourage our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord. Between the devil and all the strife in the world, Christians need to hear kind words and words of encouragement. We build one another up so that we can continue in our work for the Kingdom of God.

When correction is needed for a spiritual situation, we should only address a person after much prayer and only in private. God does not call us to embarrass one another. Today’s world is too critical of one another. We see that in how Americans and the world treat our President. People are angry and have no respect for one another. If we are not careful, we can allow that kind of attitude come into the Church. We should be filled with love towards our fellow Brethren and treat them in a way that is pleasing to God.

Pray that God will help us not only encourage fellow Christians but everyone we come in contact with. We might be the only person that says a word of kindness to them. As things grow worse in this world, let us pray that our love for one another will intensify and that sharing God’s love with one another will shine God’s love on everyone we meet.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 5:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 2, 2018

We rejoiced when Abi was pardoned and set for release, but now she is still locked up, for her own protection.

PRAY: Asia Bibi's Release From Prison Delayed Amid Increasing Threats And Protests In Pakistan
Christian mother Asia Bibi's release from prison has been delayed as violent protests continue to cripple major Pakistani cities and threaten her safety, as well as the safety of the Supreme Court justices who acquitted her of charges of blasphemy against Muhammad. Bibi, a mother of five, has been wrongfully imprisoned on death row for nearly a decade.
Over 2,000 radical Muslim protesters, largely connected with the radical political party Tehreek-e-Labaik (TLP), are overpowering police and blocking key highways in Pakistan. The streets of major cities such as Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Multan, are ablaze with looting and violent clashes between protestors and police.

THE most horrific video to emerge of violence today. #AsiaBibi#GovtByDisappearance pic.twitter.com/qRozfixny7
— Gul Bukhari (@GulBukhari) November 2, 2018

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan called for peace and denounced those who continue to threaten the lives of Bibi and the judges who freed her.
“Which government can function like this, blackmailed by protests?” Khan declared in his bold address, according to the BBC. “And who suffers due to this? Our Pakistanis. The common people, the poor. You block the roads, you rob people’s livelihood…”

There is a bigger picture, here that we see at a glance. Like America, Pakistan, is filled with people who have given themselves over to hate that they do not care that their protest hurt their own people. We have see antifa in America block highways. We have seen innocent people beaten half to death because of hatred that overwhelms fellow citizen’s hearts. We see people for abortion hearts become so infected by sin that they no longer can see the truth. A Professor said that babies up to a week after birth, should be put down if the parents request it. When we allow a little seed to grow in our hearts, there is no limit to the growth of evil.

This last year a celebrity called for the President’s son to put in a cell with a pedifile . Plays showing our President being murdered, is considered entertainment. We look with shock at the hate speed out of the mouths of comedians and entertainers. Netflix is coming out with show with the Obamas as the stars. The plot being destroying President Trump. If the masses devalue the lives of people they hate, how soon will it be before they call for physical violence for conservative Christians. There is already a call from a celebrity calling for white males to lose their right to vote. Not a big step to keeping all conservative Christians from voting.

Yet, too many Churches are not warning Christians that now is the time to pray for spiritual awakening and strength in the family of God. Cotton candy sermons, will not sustain us when we are facing jail for having Christian beliefs. Will weak Christians say what the government wants to hear when asked about Bible truths? I am not putting down fellow Christians. We all can become weak if we do not stay strong in faith and our prayer life. Now is the time to awaken to the reality we live in. Time to make up our mind to trust the God and His Word over what the masses believe and teach.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement