Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 9, 2019
Saturday

What is Important to Me?

People often ask what would you grab and run with, if your house was on fire ?
People name different things. We have a lock box by the door with important papers, but really the only thing in a fire to worry about is humans and your fur babies. Of course pictures are important but your family would rather have you alive and well.

The question does awaken us to what is important. Family and our pets should come before material things. Now, what is our priority, spiritually? Do we read the Bible if we get time? Or do we set aside a certain time to do read? Do we pray regularly or only when we have time. If we are honest with ourselves, there are times that God takes second place in our lives.

He wants to be first in our lives. When we put God first, He will help us with the rest. If we put Him first, He will helps us accomplish more in the same amount of time. God is faithful and we can trust Him with our time. In our love for Him, let us be faithful to Him.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3407 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 10, 2019

I walked up to the window in the living room and heard birds, singing. I stopped and praised God for His blessings. It is so wonderful to begin the day knowing that our Heavenly Father cares about the little things that gives us joy. We are so blessed by God and often we do not see the blessings.

We are living in a time of great hope. Not in this world, where evil grows faster then we can even comprehend sometimes. We are living in the age of the great Hope, when Jesus comes for His children. This knowledge should encourage us to reach out to our loved ones, so they will accept salvation. Some will will not hear and so we increase our prayers to God on their behalf.

The attack on Christians is increasing and will grow worse. The more we seek God, the more our faith and courage will increase. The same God who was with the disciples when they were persecuted, will be with His children. Pray for one another so that we can stand strong in our faith and God’s Holy Word. To end our race with priorities on things above, will acquire us to seek help from God daily.
Betty

Matthew 10:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Romans 8:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3407 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 11, 2019
Happy Monday,

The book of Lamentations, is a hard book of the Bible to read. Most times I go pass that book because it is so depressing. Yet, we can learn from the book that tells us of the great sorrow that fell on Israel when they abandon God to worship other idols. The writer is overcome by sadness and her in the midst of his grief he remembers the character of God.

Lamentations 3:22-26 King James Version (KJV)
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Though God was judging Israel the writer of Lamentations, knew that God still loved him and Israel. He knew that God would save them. In the midst of tribulation , he knew God loved them. There will be times we go through stuff because of our sin. There will be times we go though stuff because of the sins of our Nation. No matter what God will not leave us as individuals. America has kicked God out of almost everything, but God has not abandoned His children.

Let us be faithful and true to God until the day we enter Heaven. Seeking to work for the Kingdom of God until the trumpet blows and our salvation is perfected in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12,2019
Happy Tuesday,

Making It Up on the Spot- Good and Bad

There are things that we can successfully make up on the spot and somethings, we dare not. You are fixing dinner and some people drop by. You can change what you were going to cook into something else that will feed more. Using a buy one large pizza and get one free is always an option .

When I wake up, I like to sing songs of praise to God. Forgetfulness was a problem, until I just starting making up words from my heart. There is nothing wrong with singing songs to God that you remember. Whether we songs we remember or words we make up, if we sing from the heart, God will be pleased.
Today, these were my words:

Rejoice,rejoice
For your sins
Are forgiven.

Rejoice,rejoice
For God will
never forsake you

Rejoice, rejoice
For Jesus is
Coming for you

Rejoice, rejoice
Heavens gates
Are opened wide

These words will never make the radio, but when I sing them to God, I am praising my Heavenly Father. I believe he is pleased at the words I whisper to Him from my heart.

There are things we cannot make up on the spot. God’s Holy Word makes it clear that cannot fight our battles with Satan on the spot. Every day we must put on the armor of God and pray that God will guide us throughout the day. When we are attacked, God will give us the words to say, if we pray and ask Him to do so. We are not fighting against flesh and blood but demons from hell.

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

“Oh I Want To See, Him”

The closer I get to God the more I long to see our Heavenly Father. Yet, when I look around I can see God. I see God in the beautiful sunset. I see God in the face of believers who have gave themselves totally over to God. We can also the love of God shining through people. Sometimes we see Jesus in the face of a parent who has suffered the loss of a child. When the parent says through tears:
I cannot hate the person who killed my child because I will not give into hate. I know I will see my child again in Heaven”. This is a special gift that God has given the parent: the ability to forgive the worse that could happen to a parent.

We should long for the day when we see Jesus. May we live everyday working for God, not out of obligation, but because we love Him so much. Let us be the face of God that people see in this world. When we treat people with love, kindness, and respect, they will know that there is something different in us. Be not afraid to talk about Jesus. I am not saying to force yourself on anyone. Just look out for open doors. If someone looks upset ask them if they need anything. If they begin to talk to you, talk to them about the comfort and joy of God. If they cut you off, leave them be, but pray for them silently.
Betty

Oh I Want to See Him - Lyrics
As I journey through the land, singing as I go
Pointing souls to Calvary to the crimson flow
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within
But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win
Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face
There to sing forever of His saving grace
On the streets of glory let me lift my voice
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice
When before me billows rise from the mighty deep
Then my Lord directs my bark, He doth safely keep
And He leads me gently on through this world below
He's a real Friend to me, oh, I love Him so

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14,2019
Happy Thursday,

Looking at this blank page and it seems my mind is a blank, too. What does God have for me to say, today. Then I remember that when get saved and through out the years as we seek forgiveness, God gives us a blank page. David committed adultery and manslaughter. Yet when God sent the prophet to advise David, God did not call David, a murderer and a adulterer . David had sought forgiveness and God forgave David. In fact God called David, a man after His Own heart.

Knowing that we will be forgiven is not a license to sin. Even though we are forgiven , doesn’t mean we will not have consequences. David was forgiven but he still lost his son, conceived in sin. We can pray that God will help us survive as we eat the bad crop we have sowed. We should strive daily not to sin but remember we have advocate in Heaven who speaks for us.

1 John 2:1 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Living for Jesus is a privilege and having the Holy Spirit living in our heart is a privilege. Working for God is a privilege. May God grant us a joyful heart as we work for Him. May we rejoice in the knowledge that we will one day walk the streets of gold with Jesus by our side.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The closer we walk with God, the more cleaning out of things in our lives we should do. When we are convicted of things we watch and listen to, we should stop. I was a young adult when Frank Sinatra had the hit ‘My Way’. I have sang that song with radio for decades with song. A few years ago I was convicted when I was singing the song. I do not want to live life ‘my way’. Living my way has led me into trouble many times. I want to live life God’s ways.

Today it is hard to find a TV show where the characters do not use God’s Name as a cuss word. Evil is taking over the TV. Nearly every show has their token gay characters and now Madam Secretary has a transgender. This is no accident. They want to make sin normal. The more we see it, the more we are conditioned to no longer see this as sin. We are tempted to just nod and move on, but it is not about older people. The devil is conditioning children, teenagers, and young adults to accept sin is normal. To question the Gospel. We are raising up the young to reject the Gospel for the world’s lies

There is hope. We teach young children the truth. We pray for the children of the world that their eyes may be open. Although we mourn for the morals of this world, we live in the hope of Jesus. By faith we begin each day, knowing God is with us. He will never fail us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2019
Happy Saturday,

The Cost of Hate

Every week there seems to be somewhere in the world were someone kills several-to many people, simply because the shooter is filled with hate. The Democrats want to blame guns. Guns are not capable of killing on their on. The problem is not guns, the problem is the person behind the gun. The shooter did not start out with a plan to kill people. The person allowed anger to consume them. When one is over come with anger, bitterness grows, and hate takes away all reason from the person. Sadly, most of the time, the person realizes too late, that murder solved nothing. This is way many killers, end of killing themselves.

When we are angry at a person, we need to take that anger and hurt of being overlooked or mistreated. to God. We can begin the process of forgiving the one that caused us so much pain by praying for them. I am not saying it is easy, but doing so we will keep us from growing a bitter vine in our heart. We can do this when we love God more then we hate the person that hurt us. God will take away the hate and heal our hurt if we allow Him too, work in our lives.

We grow spiritually when we are willing to give up the idea of any revenge against someone and give ourselves over totally to God. His will, will bring us peace of mind. The devil will happily remind you of the hurt but each time we ask God to help us to forgive, we will grow stronger in the Lord. If mankind did this as a whole, there would be less murders committed in the world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 17, 2018
Blessed Sunday,

I went to the Doctor and he put me on some medication for chest congestion. I feel worse today then before going to the Doctor. That is normal. When medication starts to work, we will often feel really bad. Spiritually God prunes His vines so they will produce more fruit. Pruning is uncomfortable and often makes us feel bad. If God did not prune His vine (His children), the vines would become overflowing and there would not be enough nutrients to produce a healthy crop.

As God’s children we want to be spiritually healthy and produce as much healthy fruit as we can for the Kingdom of God. When we ask Him, God will comfort us and with His Holy Spirit, provide the oil that will seal the cuts so that they may heal. Never forget that we can always trust God with our lives. He will be with us until they day we enter Heaven, where we go to be with Him.
Betty,

John 15:1-9 King James Version (KJV)
15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2019
Happy Monday,

I AM TIRED OF-
You can fill in the blank. How many times of you said I am tired or heard someone say that they were tired of something? Tired of people killing people, strangers, simply because they are so filled with hate. Tired of evil congressmen who care more about kittens then human babies. We can grow weary, when we work for a boss that has no concern for people, only the love of money. Those of us with chronic diseases get tired of suffering every day. Jesus knew we would become weary and tired.

Matthew 11:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Galatians 6:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Isaiah 26:3 3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

When we are over come by exhaustion, rest in the Lord. When we feel dismayed by the evil in the world, be encouraged in the Words of the Lord. God has not forsaken us. When we are overwhelmed, talk to God. As Paul said, press onward to the prize of Heaven. May God give you peace and joy today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19,2019
Happy Tuesday,

Make Me A Blessing

Sometimes we encourage one another and sometimes we depress one another. If we go around talking about how miserable we are all the time, the devil can use us to discourage others. There is nothing wrong with venting to a loved one or a friend. Even in the midst of battles, we can still have a joyful heart. Let us pray each day, that we can begin the day with joy that overflows onto those around us. Pray that God will make us a blessing to one another.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 20, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

‘Oh’ Happy Day’

I have heard it said that even if the only thing that Jesus ever did for us was to save us, we would still be richly blessed. What sorrow on earth can be compared to eternity in Heaven? Yet, not only did Jesus leave Heaven to live and die for our sins but He walks with us daily. God knows us better then when know ourselves. He knows the good things about us and He knows the bad and yet He loves us with a perfect love.

He walks with us through our trials and our sickness. He comforts us when we are grieving. He sustains us when we feel that we cannot take another step. He fills our very beings with joy, peace, and love. We can rejoice here on earth for His comfort and grace towards us. We can live with peace and joy knowing our future in Heaven is secure. What wondrous love is the love God has for His children! Let us not walk in despair , but lift our head up and rejoice in the goodness of our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Today my thoughts seem to be on a race track running from lane to lane. I lean my head back and try to focus on one thought, which seems like an exercise in futility. Unfortunately, this can happen in Church. The Preacher says a word, which sends our thoughts off on a tangent. We want to listen but our mind is not working with us. What do we do? We pray. We pray for peace of mind.

Pray is important to our spiritual health. Prayer is not just about request but about us laying our heart out to God. Willing, sharing our desires, fears, and worries with the One who knows us best. Prayer is also praising God for the many blessings He bestows on us and our families. Prayer is also listening to God. Quietly waiting to Hear what He has to say to us.

One of the best gifts, that God has bestowed on us, is the ability to pray anytime and anywhere. We will never get an answering service when we call out to God. God does not take days off or vacations. Prayer is not an exercise that we do. Prayer is a relationship with the God of the Universe.

Psalm 34:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Proverbs 15:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Colossians 4:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
Further Instructions
2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

It is not our righteous that God sees. When we are a child of God, Jesus’ own blood covers us with His righteousness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22,2019
Happy Friday,

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

There seems to be a lot of waiting in life. Waiting for a decision from a job interview. Waiting for results of medical test. Sometimes we can even get frustrated waiting for God to answer our prayer. Yet, there is a reasons for the waiting period. When waiting for God to answer, remember that God already has the answer. The waiting time is a time for spiritual growth for us. When our prayer requires action on the part of another person, God may be softening their hearts, so they will be willing to do God’s Will. Other times He is softening our hearts so we will accept His Will. His Will is always the best for His Kingdom and when we live in His Will, He will bless us.

Waiting does not have to be wasted time. We still work for Jesus while we are waiting. We still read the Holy Bible while we wait. We continue to pray as we wait. In other words, we are still growing spiritually while waiting on God’s Answer. There is a lot in this world to pray for. Every day we see our government turn further from God and embrace sin. We see hate played out in shootings across this world. As we get closer to the end of the Gentiles there seems to be some kind of weather disaster every week.

As we wait for the rapture we try to live each day to the fullness for God. Working for the Kingdom, as we long for the return of Jesus. Longing for Jesus does not mean we do not enjoy the happy things in our lives. We will have a new grand baby in a couple of weeks. We are joyful about this new baby girl. The Lord is merciful to His children and He does bring diamonds of joy in our lives. Let us live with great expectation for the rapture, while at the same time enjoying the daily gifts of joy, that God provides for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23,2019
Happy Saturday,

“You Can’t Handle, The Truth’

A famous line from a movie but now is true for most of the world. Christian beliefs and principles are considered hate speech. Declaring what the Bible says about sin is hate speech. It’s okay to say you love Jesus as long as the ‘Jesus’ you serve does not condemn sin. Today, people want a God that will protect them, but stay out of their business. They legalize sin and then wonder why judgement is coming on the world in the form of hatred of one another and weather disasters.

We cannot put God in a box and then expect Him to answer our prayers. So many prayers are not even Biblical. Pastors and Congresswomen praying for the success of Planned Parenthood, what blasphemy ! How can we justify asking God to bless an organization that kills babies in the womb? States in our Country promoting abortion to the day of birth! We wonder why we have mass killings. We have devalued human beings in the womb and wonder why young people and adults have no respect for life anymore. We teach kids that their birth was an accident. We tell them this world was created from a Big Bang and then wonder why killing comes so easily.

When we took God out of creation, we devalued life. God knew every person before they were born. Our lives are no accident. God had a purpose for every one of us. Sadly, too many are too self absorbed to give a thought to God or to giving God a place in their hearts. When we step out of our desires and give God control of our lives we are not bound, but find freedom in living for God. His ways are always the best.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Women Easily Deceived

It is upsetting when God’s Word say that women are easier to deceive then men. Adam was not approached by the devil, but the devil approached, Eve. Eve sinned because she was deceived. Adam chose to sin. God warning us women is not an reproach but a warning to be careful. The last couple of years, we have seen women do things in public that are too evil to even write about. Women who have rejected the truth of the Gospel for lies of the devil.

2 Timothy 3:5-7 King James Version (KJV)
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Women do a lot of thinking and are easily led by those who teach and promote evil. If we are not anchored in God’s Holy Word, we can be led down the garden path of evil. It is gone beyond women acting silly to women engaging in sin that is repulsive and hideous. This does not have to be so. We must choose to judge every knew scheme against the Word of God. I saw a video yesterday where two women who looked possessed by the devil were promoting abortion and choosing not to bring children in this world. The whole time they were talking they were waving their arms in the air as if they were controlled by the devil and I believe they are.

The devil knows that in today’s world it is the women who controls the family. If mama says no Church, then the family doesn’t go to Church. If mama rejects God, she will lead her family right into hell. We must teach our children the truth. Teach them to be aware of the evil around us. The devil is tearing apart families by starting with the women.

A woman who is walking with God will guide her family to walk with Jesus and to worship our Heavenly Father. Being strong women is not a sin. We must be strong so that we are not led by every new belief that comes on the scene. Pray that God will protect our home from evil. Pray that God will keep us firmly in His Word and help us reject the evil in the world.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 25, 2019
Happy Monday,

“It Is No Secret”

As a Christian, we are not in the dark about what God wants for us to be doing. The Great commission makes it clear. Of course we are all not called to the Mission field, but we are all called to pray for those who have God has called.
Every field is important. A Sunday School teacher for Children is just as important to God, as the person in a foreign Country. We will be Blessed when we work for God out of love and not obligation. Shut-ins can still pray one another.

God knows our struggles. He knows our weaknesses. If we ask Him, He will sustain us and give us strength. We can rest in the Lord and He will revive our bodies and spirits. Whatever stage in life we are, we can pray that God will use us for His Kingdom.
Betty

Jim Reeves Lyrics
Play "It Is No Secret"
on Apple Music
"It Is No Secret"

The chimes of time ring out the news
Another day is through
Some one slipped and fell,
Was that someone you?

You may have longed for added strength
Your courage to renew
Do not be disheartened
I have news for you.

[Chorus:]
It is no secret what God can do,
What he has done for others,
He'll do for you.
With arms wide open,
He'll pardon you
It is no secret what God can do.

There is no night, for in His light
You'll never walk alone.
You'll always feel at home wherever you may roam,
There is no power can conquer you,
While God is on your side.
Take Him at His promise,
Don't run away and hide.

[Chorus:]
It is no secret what God can do,
What he has done for others,
He'll do for you.
With arms wide open,
He'll pardon you.
It is no secret what God can do...

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

A Rough Day

Everyone is familiar with a rough day. There are two kinds of rough days. One is when something bad happens. Another one is when many little things happen one after another. On its own, one little thing is not that big a deal but when things pile up one by one, we can become short tempered. We can begin to feel sorry for ourselves. Have you ever said:”Why does everything have to happen to me?” I think we all have.

When we step back and get our breath, we calm ourselves and then we can relax. Not only can we find physical rest in Christ, but we can find spiritual and emotional rest. We can be refreshed when we talk to God. He is willing to listen to our concerns and fears. In His great love for us, He actually listens to us. He does not tune us out or pretend to listen.

When you have chronic health problems, you try not to talk about your issues all the time. We do not want people to avoid us because all we do is moan and complain. We can take our concerns to God. He will listen and He will help us. We lay out our issues before the Throne and then we praise God for His faithfulness. Even if you are still in pain when you finish praying, you can walk away rejoicing in the goodness of our Lord and Savior.

Rough Day-Take it to Jesus

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 27, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

March On, With Faith In God

There are times that we become exhausted. We can be exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally. If we are not careful we are open to the devil’s lies because of our situation. The devil sweeps in like a giant bird telling us that God doesn’t care, that God has forgotten us, or that we are just not good enough. If the devil can get us to entertain these thoughts, they will grow from a thought to us feeling depressed and abandon. Instead take the thought immediately to God. Ask God to refresh and encourage you.

Galatians 6:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

If we do not encourage ourselves in the Lord, how will encourage others? We encourage ourselves in the Lord through reading the Bible and prayer. The more evil grows in this world, the more we need to draw close to God. The Bible says when we draw near to God, He will draw near to us.

James 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Seek God’s face. Talk to Him daily. Tell God your struggles and concerns. Lay your burdens at His feet. When we do these things we will be able to press on-toward our Heavenly prize. God is not unaware of what is happening in our lives and in the world today. God has already won the war. The battle rages on but we know the truth. God will conquer the devil and the world.

2 Corinthians 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

There is victory ahead. Soon this life will slip away like a vapor and we will be with our Heavenly Father for ever. The devil and his demons will just be a memory. He will no longer be able to hurt anyone. What a wonderful God we serve that not only walks with us, but He tells us how the story ends so we know that we are on the winning side! Pray that we can press on with faithfulness to God and a grateful heart.

Philippians 3:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 28, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Hot, Cold, and Lukewarm

Houston weather is bi-polar. Days of hot weather and then a cold front comes in. The trees fill up with flowers only to be bare the next week. This kind of weather effects us physically. Sadly we as Christians can be like Houston’s weather. We are on fire for God and in just a short while we are cold. Our spiritual temperatures changes so often that we can become lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Why is lukewarm worse then cold? It is like love, a person can be so in love they are walking on air. Then something goes wrong and they are so angry, you want to avoid them. Love and hate are both strong emotions. Both are showing that the person has an emotional investment in someone. On the other hand when a person loses all emotion and feelings for someone, Love is truly dead. When a Christian becomes cold towards God, His attitude is that he has no emotional or spiritual investment in God and His Kingdom. His heart is dead towards God. A very dangerous place for a Christian to be.

When we invest our time in prayer and thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father, He rewards us with a spiritual, alive heart. This does not mean we are always dancing and rejoicing. We will have bad days, but instead of cutting ourselves off from God, we should draw closer. We draw close to Him and He will restore us. We want to have a heart that is on fire for God. We should want to be so close to God that others can feel the love of God flowing out of us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 30
Happy Saturday,

Growing Pains

When my sister and I were young, she went through growing pains one summer. Her legs would cramp every night, furiously. I remember feeling sorry for her. We do a lot of spiritual growing when we pass through the spiritual fire. Growth can be painful, but necessary. As we mature spiritually, we find our relationship with God growing sweeter. We are more at peace as we mature as a Christian.

There is a tendency to fight against what is painful. Sometimes in our haste to leave pain behind, we fail our spiritual test. God will comfort us when we do, but we will visit that test again. We live in an age when we need to be in God’s Holy Word. We need to seek spiritual growth for the world is turning against Christians, quickly.

We seek spiritual growth so that God can use us more in this corrupt evil world. Christians in Africa are being burned alive for their faith. The media is silent for fear of offending the killers, Muslims. This is time not to fear but to put our trust securely in God. Knowing that the devil does not control our future in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 31, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Praise God

In the middle of a Colitis flare and writing my blog from bed. When you are sick, praising God is not the first thing, you think of doing. Yet when we praise God, even in less then pleasant circumstances, we will be rewarded with peace of mind. We can rejoice in the knowledge that God is with us all the time, even when we are sick.

Colitis is one of those diseases, that you are in remission for awhile and then out of nowhere a flare knocks us down. Sin is like that. We are sometimes shocked, when out of nowhere the devil attacks us. This is why we draw close to God so that we are always prepared for spiritual battle. Remember pride in ourselves can lead to a fall.

Proverbs 16:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

We should never take pride in our Spiritual growth, for our growth is a gift from God. Rejoice in the goodness of God and not ourselves. Do not look down on others. If we are able, help lift up, those who have fallen. Encourage one another in the faith. Stay firm in our commitment to God. Remember what was sin in the past is still sin, today. Keep your faith and hope in God. He will be sending Jesus, soon to get us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 1, 2019
Happy Monday

April Fools Day

The Bible warns His children over and over not to be foolish. When a famous Christian makes a stand to prevent himself from being foolish, the world scoffs. Vice President Pence has said that he does not eat lunch with a woman or ride in the car with a woman by himself. Instead of the world respecting the Vice President, they made fun of him. What the world doesn’t understand is when you go the route of the Vice President, you protect yourself from those who would lie for financial gain and and for more power. You are choosing to live above reproach. Too many people live in sin and they are offended by those who choose to live holy and righteous lives.

Ephesians 5:17 Good News Translation (GNT)
17 Don't be fools, then, but try to find out what the Lord wants you to do.

1 Samuel 13:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.

1 Maccabees 5:67 Good News Translation (GNT)
67 That day a number of priests were killed in battle because they wanted to be heroes and foolishly went out to fight.

Proverbs 15:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Acting foolishly can lead to all kinds of trouble for the Saints. God will forgive us and help us get out of our situation, but we will bear the scars of being foolish. It is far better to seek God’s Will, so we can act wisely. One of the most foolish things a person can do is deny that God exist.

Psalm 14:1 King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I may be wrong but I think, the most foolish person is the one who has tasted the goodness of God and turns his back on God, joyfully and knowingly committing sins with zest. They are endanger of treating the Holy Spirit with disdain and disrespectfulness. Losing all hope of salvation. May God guard our hearts from such foolishness.
Betty

Listening to the singing of the birds as I write. What a beautiful sound!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 2, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

White Privilege / White Blame

We have been hearing a lot about white privileged and white blame. The Democrats blamed the election on white men and women. A new study claims the climate change can be blamed on the eating habits of the white.

In China, people are given points on what the government believes their value is to the Country. If your points are low enough you cannot buy insurance. You are limited to where you can work and what you can buy.

I believe there will come a time in America when being white can cause you not to be allowed to vote. White people will be limited in what jobs they can have and what they can buy. Whites will have to pay an extra tax for being white. Whites will be limited on health care.

White young people are being conditioned to accept this in High School and Collage. They are being taught that white people should apologize for being white. This could actually be world wide. I read of a couple in Europe, who are taking medication that has turned the pigment of their skin black. Sadly the couple believes that the babies they have will be born black. They refused to accept even the chance of their babies being white.

We are living in a society where people are looking to blame people when things do not go their way. President Trump wining was a shock to Democratic Politicians. They refuse to believe that the Country has woken up to the fact that Democrats want to control the lives of the people. Instead of accepting the truth, they blame the whites.

People do not want to face the truth that the world is embracing sin and God has had enough. They refuse to believe God is judging American and the world for not only accepting sin but being proud of their sins. Thus we have gay pride and shout about your abortion rallies. It is so much easier to blame white people.

We do not have a lot of control on what happens in this world but we can rest securely knowing that God is watching over us. When we leave this world, we will enter into the gates of Heaven. Remember Jesus said not to fear those who can harm our bodies.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Awareness

I do not watch SNL anymore because it seems to be mostly about making fun of the President and the White House. However, I did find a video they made for an Echo dot for seniors that I found funny. It’s suppose to be made for senior adults. It answers to any name that is close to alexia. When we first got ours, my son set up to answer to Amazon because I had a time saying alexia. Now I have a second and I can say alexia. It also takes in us seniors, having trouble finding things. The woman asks alexia “where is my phone?” Alexia answers: “the phone is in your hand”. We laugh at that, but I have looked for my keys and did not realize the key ring was around my finger.

As we get older, we do seem to be less aware of things around us. At our house we both look because we often cannot find something in front of us we just didn’t see. Hubby comments if it were a snake it would have bitten us. Laughing at issues from aging is so much better then getting mad. What we do not want to be unaware of is our spiritual health. This is why we pray daily for God to search our hearts and to guard our mind.

Years ago a friend who was the age I am now, told me that she had allowed some new age beliefs into her mind and heart. This was shocking to me, because this lady was a lady of great faith. Sadly, she thought it was funny that she now believed in things that were not Scripturally alined. She saw herself as being more enlightened.

We must realize that no matter how old we are, we can be open to the devil’s lies. How sad it is to walk all your life for Christ, only to lose your way so close to the finish line. We should never say that I am so strong in the Lord that I cannot be led astray. That is self pride. Remember, the Bible says that pride can lead to a fall. This may be why we see so many Pastors are leaving the truth of the Gospel. No matter how many years, a person has been a Pastor, self pride can leave them vulnerable to attacks by the devil. Pastors do not turn into goats overnight. It is a little compromising here and there until they are no longing working for God but for fame and finical gain.

Paul, Himself express concern at one point about falling away. This is a great reminder that we should pray that God will guard our hearts and minds about being led astray into a false Gospel.

1 Corinthians 10:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Betty

https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2019
Happy Thursday,

Birthday

Today, I turned 67. There was a time I would have been depressed about that. Now I realize it is something to be grateful for. Another year to be with my family. Another year to work for the Kingdom of God. God blesses us in so many ways and there are so many things we take for granted. I am not physically strong and have many health issues, but I am so blessed. I was able to get out of bed with out help and I can take care of my physical needs. I pray God will always help me to have a thankful and grateful heart.

There are many things on the news today that are upsetting. We need to remind ourselves that while the world is spirally into the pits of hell, we are secure in the arms of God. We can live without fear. This is not our final home. We will soon go to our real home, Heaven. Knowing the joy that awaits us can help us live through all our struggles with peace. We cannot over pray for our lost loved ones and friends. As we see the times of the age of the Gentiles end, we need not fear. God hears our prayers. Pray that God will keep our faith strong and that we work for Him as much as we can, for our time of work is coming to an end.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2019
Happy Friday,

Hope

One of the greatest gifts you can give a person is hope. Hope is a small word that offers up big potential. Hope gets us through times of bad health. Hope gets us through financial losses. Hope in Heaven gets us through the loss of a loved one. The knowledge of a new day helps us get through a bad day.

Psalm 16:9 King James Version (KJV)9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Psalm 31:24 King James Version (KJV)24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Psalm 38:15 King James Version (KJV)15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Romans 5:2 King James Version (KJV)2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 15:13 King James Version (KJV)13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

The most secure place we can anchor our hope is in Jesus. He will never fail us. He will get us through the bad times and guide us into victory. We are not children without hope, let us rejoice in our faith in God and trust Him to guide us through this world into Heaven,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2019
Happy Saturday,

The End Is Near

Ever since I was a kid, TV shows and movies have shown a disheveled man standing on a street corner with a sign that says:”the end is near”. It’s a running joke. The reality is that the end is near. People can laugh and mock but the end of the Gentiles is near.

After the rapture there will be some who realizes what just happened and will fall on their face and cry out to God. Very quickly, though a delusion will fall on the world and most will worship the anti-Christ. Why will God do this? It will be because the world rejected God’s Son.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 King James Version (KJV)
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The end is no longer a joke. It is a reality. Only a person, who chooses to be blind to what is going on around them, will choose to believe this world is getting better and better. As a whole, this world has chosen to embrace evil. Congress has refused 23 times to make a law to protect a baby born alive during an abortion. Freedom of choice is only freedom to murder your own baby wrapped in a cloak of women’s rights. Where is the right of the female unborn that is murdered every day in the womb?

The liberals of this world have become so unhinged that do not even accept the Science that a baby is born male or female. Even children younger then 5 are allowed to choose their own gender. We are raising a generation who are bound for failure because the world refuses to teach that their are absolutes. If you are born with male genitalia, you are male. This idea of gay, bisexual, or pan sexual,etc... is a lie from hell.

The end is near! So much so! The world will scoff, but soon millions will disappear in a twinkling of an eye. Then the world will go into panic mold, coming up with logical reasons for this occurrence.

2 Peter 3:1-15 King James Version (KJV)
3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Let us waken from our slumber and understand the times we are living in, lest the rapture takes us unaware. Pray that God will make us ready for the soon return of Jesus and guard or hearts and minds from the evil one.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2019
Happy Monday

As soon as I started walking around this morning, I got my usual pain. Took a pain pill and came back to bed. All of us have issues that our reoccurring. We can become frustrated and depressed. There are times that God chooses not to give us an answer to why we are suffering. This is when we must rely on faith. Faith that God knows best. God’s time table is different then ours. Unanswered prayer is not always about lack of faith. There are times that God chooses to answer our prayer in the future or even in Heaven.

Let us not give into depression but lean closer into Jesus, while we are suffering. His comfort will sustain us. If we trust in Him, we can have a joyful heart in the midst of suffering. True joy is not in pretending everything is fine when we are nowhere close to being fine. True joy is the joy that God gives us that allows us to realize that God will not leave us to suffer alone. The joy in the hope of Heaven, where there will be no more suffering.

My dear friends we are so close to our final victory. May God help us to finish this race in obedience to God and in a spirit of dignity. As we suffer, pray for those who are suffering persecution in prisons around the world for their faith in Jesus. Pray for lost souls, here in America and around the world. May God say of His people that we are a people of faith and prayer.
Betty
Blessed to see a squirrel yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

Be Open to The Holy Spirit’s Call

In order to be used by God, we need to open to the Spirit’s call. We need not only to be listening but to be willing. God cannot use a vessel that is stubborn and unwilling to be led by the Holy Spirit. We must not enter into a situation with our own agenda. No matter how much we mean well, God’s plan must take presidency over our own plans. Our own plans may seem right in our eyes, but God sees the heart and His plan should always be first, most.

Matthew 7:6 King James Version (KJV)6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

God sees the heart. Sometimes we are tempted to share the truth of the Gospel with someone whose heart is hardened by sin. Only God can soften a heart. If we press on in our stubbornness we can actually turn someone against God. Before we begin, we must seek God’s plan. There are times that God wants us not to speak to someone about God’s plan for salvation. In these situations we continue to pray that God will soften the heart of a sinner and open their ears that they may hear.

Truth is sometimes sinners are not ready to hear. The more they hear the truth of the Gospel, the more their hearts hardened. We can be guilty of turning someone further away from the truth, instead of leading to the truth. Live your lives in ways that are pleasing to God so that our unsaved loved ones see the difference between being led by God and being led by the devil. Trust God to do the rest.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10,2019
Happy Wednesday,

“Shake Your, Tail Feathers”

Remember the old song that said get up on your feet and shake your tail feathers. Someone suggested it would make a good song for an alarm clock.
Starting out your day with dancing. If you are not a morning person, that alarm clock, wold probably take an unwanted trip across the room where it would hit a wall. Morning people jump out of bed, ready to go, while us non morning people cover our heads with pillows.

Whenever we begin our day, we can give it a nice start, by singing praises to God. Reminding ourselves of the many blessings that God gives us every day. God uses morning people and the rest of us for His Kingdom. Whatever time we crawl out of bed, we can praise the Lord and rejoice in His Goodness. Let us seek to be grateful and appreciative of what we have. Sadly many people get in to trouble because they are not content and they covet what others have. Some of the most miserable people in the world are very rich.

Appreciating what you have brings contentment. A grateful heart is at peace. Whether you wake up when it is still dark outside or at noon, wake up determined to be a grateful child of God.
Betty

Colossians 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2019
Happy Thursday,

What is Faith?

Faith is a word used by Christians and non Christians. When a celebrity is going through a health issues they often say they have faith they will be fine. If they were to be asked who are what, they have faith in, they may say the doctors, the stars, or even karma.

As a Christian, we know whom we believe in. We walk and talk daily to the God of Heaven. Our faith is secure in the One who can change everything. Having faith is not enough. We must have faith in the One can actually do something. We increase our faith by studying God’s Word and by going through trials.

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is a muscle and must be used to grow. We cannot please God is if we have no faith. The first measure of faith we have is given to us by the Holy Spirit when we are convicted of our sins. The Holy Spirit in His love for the loss, convicts and gives a measure of faith to us so we can believe in Jesus and be saved. The reason all are not saved is that some reject even the small portion in faith. Often it is pride that keeps one from accepting their sinful situation. Others put off salvation too long. Every time we reject the call of the Holy Spirit our heart grows a little bit harder. We can reach a point that we are beyond hearing truth and believing.

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Every thing we pray for may not be fulfilled in our life time. Many in the Bible who had great faith, did not see the answer in their lifetime. Yet they believe and their prayers were answered.

Hebrews 11:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Our responsibility is to keep believing and trusting in God. We keep on marching to Zion. We choose to believe even when the answer is far off from us. God will reward the faith of the righteous.

“Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 12, 2019
Happy Friday,

“I Know Him”

Matthew 7:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Head Knowledge of God will not get you into Heaven. Sadly there will be those who prayed to God who go to hell. We cannot expect nor will God bless sins. Although we are instructed to come as we are, if we come to God and leave the same, there is no heart change. There must be a change. We cannot go to God and ask Him to accept sin or bless sin.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

We must have a change in our heart. When Jesus healed people, He often said to them to go and sin no more. Jesus died to reconcile mankind to God. Jesus chose to be the bridge from man to God. Building this bridge required the death of Jesus. When we cross that bridge there will be a death. The old man must die so the new man can live. When we reject this, we reject salvation. To refuse change would be like a man having surgery to remove cancer removed from the body and the Doctor opens him up and then leaves the cancer and closes up the body again. The patient went in to the hospital with cancer and leaves the hospital with cancer.

So much worse off is the person who leaves the cross with sin still reigning in their hearts then the one who leaves the hospital with cancer still growing in the body. Saints, we can be guilty of downplaying sin. Even some Pastors choose not to discuss sin. Remember in the Christmas Carol, the man carrying box after box of guilt chained to his waist. How much so will the guilt be for those who chose to protect people’s feelings over the truth of sin! How many souls are crying out in hades, that their friends and Pastors made them believe that they could live in sin and go to Heaven! Jesus did not die to save us, so that we can be comfortable in our sins! He died to save us from sin, not to make us feel good about our sins!

Acts 28:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

God cannot look on sin and He will not reign in eternity with sinners. We must be saved to enter Heaven. We must choose to leave our sinful nature at the cross. There will be times that we do sin. When we do, we seek for forgives. We we choose to abide in sin, we have a problem. Perhaps we went to the cross but chose not to accept salvation. Knowing God and having a heart and head change through salvation and the grace of God are two different things.

Psalm 139:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Change me God, so that I can live in a way that is pleasing to you. Let your Holy Spirit live through me so everyone I come in contact would see Jesus in me and be convicted of their sins, not by verbal abuse from me but that they would see the love of Jesus flowing out of me.
Amen

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2019
Happy Saturday,

Stressed

Are you stressed today? Do you feel down trodden? Are you at the point of giving up? These feelings are not sins. What is a sin is accepting these thoughts as from God. Have we forgotten that the One who spoke the universe into existence, cares about your individual needs. Are we trying to be superman or women?

No where in the Bible does God say fight your battle until you are exhausted and bleeding and then come to me. He wants us to trust Him with our needs.
To trust that His answer will be what is best for us.

James 4:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Come to God with thanksgiving and in a spirit of gratefulness. There are times we go through things that we are not capable of explaining to others the significance or the effects of a burden that holds us down and shrinks our strength and even affects are ability to breathe. We can always trust that God understands. He sees our pain and our fears. We would like to think that we have arrived at a place spiritually that we do not fear. We must remember we are still in our sinful bodies.

We often put on a brave face to protect our family from our fears and distress. That is okay. Parents want to be strong even for our adult kids, but do not fear telling God the truth. We can be honest with God. He is not going to be shocked by our fears and confusion. He will be there for us. What if our future, holds bad things? What if our condition gets worse? God is not going to forsake us. In the dark hours, He will be our light. In our confusion He will bring clarity. God help us not to give up this close to the finish line.
Betty

Found the refrigerator creamer in the cabinet. I had to throw it away. This may be my new normal but God is with me and I can trust Him with my concerns me fears and so can you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 14, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

Feelings on Overload

There are times that we overwhelmed with different feelings. Stress, fear, confusion, and hope all mixed up like a ball of yarn. These feelings can surround us to the point that we really do not know what the dominate feeling is. This is when we take a deep breath and rest in the love of Jesus. We do not have to sort out our feelings. We take them all to Jesus. God can see the big picture that we cannot see. He wraps us up in His love and gives us comfort.

When we place our hope in God, He brings comfort to a heart that is struggling. King David was often in turmoil and yet he found peace and comfort in the arms of God. Often, even our closest friends do not know what to say to us. They mean well, but they do not have the answers that we need. God does have the answers. When we stop struggling and just ask God to wrap His loving arms around us and hold us, He will do so.

Truth is we do not need God to lay out our future for us, showing us every step we will be taking. Instead we remember that we will not be alone. God will be with us each step. Whatever the future holds us for us as individuals, for America, and for this world, we can trust God, not to abandon His children. I pray that you find peace and joy in our Lord and Savior, today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 15, 2019
Happy Monday,

“Friendship With Jesus”

What a wondrous gift, God has given us; His friendship. If God only allowed us to be His servants on earth and in Heaven, we still would be blessed. Yet, He has gone far beyond that and has opened His heart to us and calls us in, to sup with Him. People like to drop names when they know and attend parties with celebrities. Yet there is no one on earth who compares with the majesty of God.

I used to like to read books about celebrities. More times then not, the person behind all the talent was a jerk of a person. There public persona was a sham and they were often bitter and angry people. We never have to worry about that with God. God does not hide His truth from His children. God is Love. We experience that great love when we walk with Him daily.

We can have no closer or better friendship, then the one we have with God. We choose how closely we will walk with God. Do not allow sin to keep us afar from God. Never be ashamed of our relationship with God. If we are ashamed of God on earth, He will be ashamed of us in Heaven.

As we go through today, let us remind ourselves how blessed that God call us His friend. Allow God to speak through you today so others will be blessed. God has given us so much. Let us give Him, ourselves ever day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 16, 2019
Happy Tuesday,

“Seeking the Will of God

I saw a squirrel, yesterday, at my feeders. I was giving a blessing and was thankful. When we walk closely with God, we become more aware of the diamonds of joy that God places in our lives. Walking close to God doesn’t always take away physical pain, but we realize that a God is with us and holding our hand through the pain.

People will fail us. Sometimes it is because they are not spiritually equipped to deal with the troubles of others. There may be some who choose to ignore our situation, simply because they are not emotionally able to deal with the pain of others. What do you do when you are suffering? You draw close to God. He offers ultimate comfort. In our suffering we choose to trust God and we ask God to use our suffering to help us to grow spiritually.

We seek to grow in Christ so that He can use us more for His Glory. We admire the women and men of the Bible who laid aside their own desires to be devoted to God. God is calling His children of today, to do the same. When we place God’s desires above our own, God will bless us with joy and provide our needs. As we travel each day in the path that God has chosen for us, we will be blessed with diamonds of joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Spreading it’s Wings

Have you ever watched a large bird as it flies up into the sky? There is a majestic moment when the bird will spread its wing in triumph over gravity. You can feel the pride of the bird from down below. God doesn’t want us to limit ourselves to stumbling around on the ground. In His great love for us, He wants is to soar above our problems and ride the winds of success.

I am not talking about worldly success. I am talking about spiritual success. Spiritual success is when the devil afflicts us with troubles and diseases and yet we look not to what we are and have, but look to the God of Heaven, in whom we serve. When we focus on God and not our situations, we can be like the bird and fly above our problems.

This does not mean that we are blind to our situations. Physical situations will remind us that the symptoms are still there but the Holy Spirit reminds us to look beyond our physical issues and focus on the God of Heaven. In our distress we can call out to God and He comforts us. We are reminded of the love God has for us and He will be our strength and our comfort. Fear not the struggle ahead but trust in God with all your heart. He will never abandon us.
Betty

Psalm 18:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2019
Happy Thursday,

I have been watching cute doggy videos. I love dogs and cats. There are some cute ones of dogs when they act guilty after they do something wrong. Cats on the other hand, pretend that the chewed up pillow has nothing to do with them. People can be like cats sometimes. Instead of seeking forgiveness when we do wrong we blame others. Remember Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the snake.

God has not called us to be perfect people but to have a soft heart that acknowledges our sins and freely confesses our sins to God. Let us not harden our hearts. This leads to trouble, quickly. God can work with clay that is soft and moves gently in the hands. Hard clay is like rock, it must be broken into pieces before it can be used. When we come with a heart of repentance and a heart that is willing to allow God to work through us then we are less likely to have to be disciplined.

Paul said that he disciplined himself so that he could be used by God. When we see our eyes looking at things that is offensive to God, turn your eyes away from the sinful things. When our words are harsh and crude, seek forgiveness. We want to live in a way that is pleasing to God. The world finds vulgarity and sin funny. God does not. Think on good things. Seek God’s will. Live a life that is pleasing to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19,2019
Blessed Good Friday,

Good Friday

Caiaphas spoke the truth out of ignorance. He decided that Jesus’ death would settle the tensions in Jerusalem and take the pressures and attention off Jerusalem . In His ignorance he was concerned about the day at hand. He did not see the big picture. Jesus did come to die for all, but not for the reason Caiaphas had in mind.

John 18:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.

God sent His son to die for the sins of mankind. Caiaphas died a sinner because he refused to see that Jesus was God, Himself, fulfilling Scripture. Jerusalem had a front seat to the greatest occurrence of all ages. Even the Disciples, were blind to what the death of Jesus meant to the world and all mankind. It was only after the Resurrection Day that Jesus explained what had happened, did their eyes open to the truth.

We honor Good Friday, because without the death of Christ, there would have been no Resurrection. We often turn away from pictures of Jesus suffering the beatings and the horrific death on the cross. Even looking at the visuals of His suffering cuts us to the heart. Just as Caiaphas said, God chose to die for the good of all. Not to make it so Jerusalem could live in peace with Rome but to reconcile mankind to God.

The saddest part is not the suffering God endeared, but the fact that millions have chosen to reject the greatest gift. Remember President Obama saying that the weak cling to their Bibles and Religion. In His ignorance he cannot see that we do not cling to a religion. We cling to God for God is our Redeemer and our Redemption. In our clinging to Jesus our weakness is replaced with faith and our destiny is no longer Hell but eternity with God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2019
Saturday,

Saturday of Despair

Yesterday, Mary saw hew son, die before her eyes. All the disciples, but John are in hiding. Those who loved Jesus, hearts are filled with despair. Their friend and the One whom they believed would defeat Rome and reign as King in Jerusalem is dead. All hope is gone. Everyone is waiting to be arrested by Roman soldiers. Soon the disciples would join Jesus in death. All is lost! Or is it?

The disciples could not see beyond the cross. They could not see that the death of Jesus served a purpose beyond Jerusalem, beyond Israel, and beyond time itself. Jesus did not die to conqueror Rome. The reason for the death of Jesus was beyond their comprehension. Jesus died to set men free, not from fellow mankind but free from sin.

Saturday a day of fear and mourning, BUT Sunday..................
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2019
Blessed Sunday

Death gave way to Victory

1 Corinthians 15:4 “And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

The demons and the devil rejoiced. Jesus was dead and they had won. Satan would reign over Heaven and earth. Their victory turned into ashes for out of the grave, arose the King of Kings and Lord of all.

1 Corinthians 15:55 “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”

Satan’s plans fell at the devil’s feet. Jesus conquered death and evil. Jesus’ Resurrection defeated evil. Jesus is not in a grave, He is on the throne of victory. Death is no longer something to fear. Death is just the door to Heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 New International Version (NIV)
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas,[b] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Let us rejoice in the Lord and remember the victory has already been won. We can lay aside our fears and cling to the old rugged Cross where Jesus paid for salvation and entrance into Heaven’s gates.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23,2019

Today my stomach is very sick. Walking is very hard, but I do not fear. We can cry out to God when we do not understand our situation.

Isaiah 41:10 Living Bible (TLB)
10 Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.[a]

Keep your faith in God and trust Him, even when you do not understand. There is victory ahead my friend. Press onward to the prize, that awaits us. Walk forward with hope and victory in your heart. May God bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2019
Happy Wednesday,

Thank you, Jesus for the humming bird that ate at my feeder. I even took pleasure at the red wasp drinking from the feeder. I am so blessed that God still brings me little diamonds of joy in my live. I am so grateful that the little boy that was thrown from the mall has no brain damage. God is still in the miracle business.

I have began a new adventure. One that I did not choose for my self. Next month, I see a Neurologist to find out what is causing the dementia. For 48 years I have taken care of my husband, because of his health issues. I would be less the honest, if I said that I am not upset. How can God add more to my plate, then I can bear?

In my darkness, God shines a light of hope. In my despair, God covers me with His love. When I can not see my way I sing the song “I will hasten to Him. When I am afraid. I cry out to God.

Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

My dear friends, what ever road God takes you down. He will be with you. We must hang on to Gods’ hand. We are so close to Heaven
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25,2019
Happy Thursday,

Potholes, Trash,and Cracks in the Road

As we travel on our journey, we cannot see past today. We expect troubles but often the source is unexpected. When we share our troubles with those we love, we do not always get the response we expected. There are those who quickly chance the subject. Then there is that one who gets mad. Not at disease the you are suffering but at you. The temperature in the room literally drops 30 degrees. Your best friend from School days, the one you expected to wrap her arms around you and tell you not only do they love you, but they will be with you to the end. In your vulnerable state you are left sitting holding the pieces of a friendship that has died.

Yet God in His compassion, has those we love step up to bat. My daughter and daughter-in-law have made it clear to me that they will walk this road with me and not forsake me in my time of need. As we walk on our journey, our potholes are different. Our struggles are different. God will provide what we need, from a hug from a loved one who cares and the strength to carry one. We can leave the pain of yesterday behind and rejoice in the love of God. Victory is ahead, indeed! Rejoice in coming Victory. Soon the troubles of today will disappear for ever.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2019
Happy Friday,

Christians Under Attack, World Wide

This is one of the most dangerous times in History for Christians. Yet when the devil strikes, Christianity grows in numbers. There is nothing the devil can offer that compares to the joy of the Lord. There is a season of happiness when you give yourself to the wiles of Satan, but then, he leaves you on the side of the road, beaten and destroyed. What little fame and money he gives you, lies around your body like wadded up used tissues.

When we give ourselves over to God, He wraps us in His arms of love and fills our hearts with joy. Good days or bad days, are hearts are sustained by the grace of the Lord. One of the most wondrous joys is talking to an old Saint of God who has walked 70 and 80 years with God. Their skin may be wrinkled and their walk is slow and bent, but when you look in their lovely eye and they talk about God, their eyes twinkle with joy. Their voices may be weak and soft, but there is victory in their soul. They have lived their lives secure in the love of God and when leave this life, to walk into gates of Heaven, they need not fear, for they know where they are going and they know that God will,walk through the gates with them.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 27, 2019
Happy Saturday,

“I Have Arrived”

First of all, Happy Birthday, to my sister, Brenda in Heaven. No Christian should ever feel they have arrived. An attitude of pride in your self righteousness, is an invitation to failure. God does not want prideful children. He wants humble children who realize the truth, the only righteousness, is not of us but of God. Leaning on God is not a sign of weakness as the world sees, but a sign of strength.

Christians, if you do not see tribulation coming to us, pray that God will open your eyes. The Canadian President has said the worse Canadians are those that are Christians. Democratic liberals call conservative Christian the dregs of the earth. They go to Churches where abortion is considered a religious right and gay marriage embraced. Conservative Christians very existence burns their conscience. When the rapture happens for them there will be no terror, but rejoicing in the streets that those who disagreed with them are gone.

My friends do not fear, let us draw close to God and live these closing days for God with open hearts and joyful hearts. May God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 28, 2019
Blessed Sunday,

“Rejoice, And Again, I Say Rejoice”

Apostle Paul remind the Philippians not once but twice in the same sentence, to rejoice. Just as today, the Philippians were living in hard times. Followers of Jesus were under attack. The truth of the Gospel were under attack. Paul’s letters were to encourage and to instruct God’s children. God’s children need this more then ever. Not only is God’s people under attack from outside forces but from the inside. The biggest danger American faces today is from her own people who want to destroy her and add her to the One World Government.

To many Churches today are being led by Shepards who have left behind the truth of the Gospel, in order to appeal to the masses. Mega Churches where the truth about sin and hell, replaced by concert music and feel good Sermons. Where a sinner can go and have a good time and leave comfortable in their sin.
Jesus’ teachings in the Synagogue, out on the hills, and in the valleys where not pumped, loud feel good meetings. Jesus taught the people the truth so they could see their sin and know their need of a Savior.

Teaching the truth in times when people do not want to hear it can be dangerous. The Prophets of old warned the people of coming judgement, if they did not turn from their sins. For their effort to save their own people, there were murdered by their own:

Acts 7:48-52 King James Version (KJV)
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

True Christians of the faith are hated today. People do not want to hear the truth. If Jesus were preaching on a street corner, today, what He be like? Would be like a flower child? Or would he call out the vipers and the evil ones who preach lies and half truths? Would Jesus not call out the Church Leaders who not only preach that abortion is acceptable, but pray a blessing over abortion clinic? Would He not call out by Name wolfs in sheep’s clothing, so the sheep would flee those Churches? Would He not call out the leaders of Churches who are teaching that living in sin is acceptable? Would He not warn the sheep to come out of corruptible Churches?

Evil times we are living but rejoice, rejoice my friends though the battle is strong, there is victory ahead. Soon, Jesus will come for His Own.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 29, 2019
Happy Monday,

I like sitting in my chair and looking out the windows. On my left is a double window to the front yard. There are four hanging bird feeders. In front of me is the window to the side yard. There is a humming bird feeder. This morning there is a slight breeze flowing through the leaves. It is peaceful. Have you ever felt the Holy Spirit flow through your soul, like a gentle breeze? It is not a roaring wind, like the Holy Spirit sometimes uses. This gentle breeze bring fresh clean air through our soul and with it a song of joy.

Our souls and spirits feels lighter and there is no doubt that we have felt a touch from God. Often, like the gentle breeze outside, it is unexpected. It is a sweet gift that God gives us, to lighten our load a bit. To remind us that He is with us. “I am here, child, I have never left you” He whispers into our hearts. Whatever burdens we are carrying feel lighter and there is a new spring in our steps. What a glorious God we serve who cares so much about us that He takes the time to encourage us!
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement