Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 25)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

This morning there are the usual small birds and a couple of red birds. I saw some black birds earlier. They made me think of a nursery rhyme about black birds in a pie, but that is all I can remember. No squirrels this morning. Maybe because there is a cold front on the way. Taking the water out for the mail lady and the garbage men, I saw that the tree in the front seems to be living in all seasons at once. Green leaves, red and orange leaves and others in the process of falling. Nature seems to be so confused. Our lives can be like that. Sometimes things can be so hetic that we do not know if we are coming or going. We go through times that it seems our life is just a repeat of the day before and we feel like we are stuck in a rut then things change so fast that we cannot get our feet straight and our lives feel crooked and confused. Every day is a gift from God and every day has its purpose. We may not see changes but we are either changing for the better or the worse. It is through these days in the rut that we either grow spiritually or shrink spiritually. When those events happen that turn our world around ,it is our days in the rut that we determine if can fly like a eagle during those times or be like a confused turkey. We ourselves make the choice whether to grow in God or settle for the same old same. Are we seeking to grow every day in the Lord? Are all we coasting by living, on yesterday's victories? Many people Christian and non Christian are concerned about what is coming this year. We see the violence in Eurpoe as Muslims try to force their laws on the people that were kind enough to bring them in. We worry that this violence is coming to America. Walking the floor and wringing our hands is NOT the answer! We need to be praying and growing in the Lord. We need to be praying for America. We need to be praying for our lost loved ones. I am praying that rapture happens before America is involved with daily violence in the streets. But if that is not God's will the we need to be prepared spiritually and emotionally to deal with what is coming. God is not calling us to be afraid. He is calling us to be strong in our faith. None of us knows what tomorrow brings but let us all seek to grow in the Lord and strong in our faith. The same God that walked with Paul in Rome will walk with us in America through whatever comes our way. Let us pray that God will make is eagles and not turkeys.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Everyday we wake up not knowing what the day will bring. Of course we have our plans for the day and most of the time things go as plan, but things can change on a dime. What seemed important at breakfast can be trivial if our circumstances change. Yet we can have peace throughout the day, knowing that God is in control. We can begin each day in the precense of God and know that He will go with us through out the day. We can walk with hope and joy when we have a song of praise in our heart for our Maker, our Savior, and our King. I am not one of those who believe grab it and claim it and it is yours, but we can be at peace knowing that God is working in our lives towards not only His plans for us but for our own good.
Today as you go about your day, I pray that your heart will be filled with peace and joy.

At the moment there is no birds and squirrel. The cat chased them off for fun and is now taking a nap. That is how the devil often works in our lives. He comes in with havoc and discard and chases our happiness away. We can tell the devil that he is a liar and that our hearts are filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit. Be at peace with God and other.
Betty

LAURA STORY LYRICS

Play "Blessings"

"Blessings"

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not,
This is not our home
It's not our home

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

I got a message from the Digestive Health Clinic that they are waiting for additional testing. Which made me think about how much of our lives is waiting and sometimes we are more mentally involved with what is coming then the current day. Waiting for the right person to come. Are we working on making ourself a more Godly person for the right person? Waiting for birth of our baby. Are we praying for God to guide us into parenthood? Waiting for our vacation is fun, but we need to be living every day to the fullest. We spend a lot of time waiting but always remember to be living for God today in the present. Waiting is a great opportunity to be praying and seeking God to help us be the person He wants us to be. We are not promised tomorrow so let us not waste today. Have a bless day and seek God for what He wants you to do today.

Betty

One squirrel and lots of birds this morning. Some of my trees seem to be dressed for fall. Texas weather is so confusing. You can wear shorts in the morning and have the heater on in the afternoon.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

A new week, a new beginning as we start a new week. Mondays are often the day people start diets and other New Years resolution, yet we can begin again any day. We can purpose in our hearts to chose to be more what God wants us to be on anyday. We can choose to live out today in a way that is pleasing to God. We can choose to pray for those who we feel has wronged us. We can choose to have a joyful attitude instead of anger. We can choose to give out grace instead of retaliation. Happiness is a mood that comes and go but joy is a gift of the Spirit. Pray that God will fill you with His joy. His joy cannot be taken away by circumstances unless we allow it. KSBJ has a quote: "Choose joy!" Let us choose joy. Share that joy with others: a friendly smile, a kind pat on the shoulder, a word of encouragement. As we share the joy that God has blessed us with, we grow stronger spiritually.

This morning there has been a lot of little birds, a squirrel, and a red bird. May God bring you special joyful moments today, Has He has done for me.
Betty

I Am
by Eddie James

Play Video
image: http://www.lyrics.com/images/play.png

play

image: http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/b1807636279906e7266596a38c21131b.png

Play "I Am"
image: http://cdn.tonefuse.com/overlay/uploads/images/723148ca4b3fe3b8a16494ac738d9fa6.png

I am the Lord, I'm the Almight God
I am the one for who nothing is to hard
I am your shepard , I am the Door.
I am the good news to bound and the poor.

I am!
I Am!
I Am!
I Am!

I am the rightous one ,
I am the lamb
I am the ramb in the bush for abraham
I am the ultimate sacrifice for sin
i am your redeemer the begining and the end

I AM
I AM
I AM
I AM

I am Jahova
I am the King
I am Messiah
David's offspring
I am your high priest
I am the Christ
I am your reserection
I am the Life

I AM
I AM
I AM
I AM

I am the Bread I am the wine
I am your future, so leave your past behind
I am the one in the midst of two or three
I am your tabernacle, I am your jubilee

I am
I am
I am
I am

I am the Bread I am the wine
I am your future so leave your past behind
I am the one in the midst of two or three
I am your tabernacle I am your Jubilee

I am
I am
I am
I am

I am Hope I am Peace I am Joy I am rest
I am your comfort and relief from your stress
I am stregth I am Faith I am Love I am Power
I am your Freedom this very Hour!

I AM!
I AM!
I AM!
I AM!

I am Hope I am Peace I am Joy I am Rest
I am your comfort and Relief from your stress
I am strength I a m Faith I am Love I am Power
I am your Freedom this very Hour!

I am!
I am!
I am!
I AM
---

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Sunday,

This morning I work up more upbeat. I had a bad day yesterday as far as being sick and sick this morning as usual as soon as I got up. But as I did my morning chores my heart felt lifted up and I am at peace. My circumstances have not changed and yet I feel the Spirit of God building me up and encouraging me. We often think that our circumstances and others is a reflection of our souls. Yet this is how the world sees things. People who have reached success and finical gain are considered blessed and must be living right. This is not true. Only God sees the heart and while it is true that God does bless us in our daily lives with good health and some financial success, everyone has their own battles and Christians are no exception. The difference is those of us who have a relationship with Christ do not go through battles alone. We can sing songs of praise when God has us walk down a thorny path. We can live above the pain, when we focus on Jesus, through the pain. This is not talking yourself into faking joy and happiness. It is choosing to be joyful inspite of our circumstances. We must be willing to trust God through our circumstances. There were times when we wil feel overwhelmed by our circumstances and we will cry out to God. God is there for us and He will comfort us, but don't judge yourself by your circumstances. When bad things happen, talk to God, make sure your relationship is right with God, see if there are any hidden sins in your life and seek forgiveness. Remember all of us have trials we must go through and be willing to carry the cross that God chose for you with a joyful heart. This doesn't mean there will not be days of despair and heartache but we can know in spite of it all, that all is well with our soul.
Betty

This morning the red squirrel is visiting and many birds. There is a lot of tiny birds and that makes me happy.

HYMN
It Is Well With My Soul Lyrics
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Saturday

Mornings are hard for me and I get weak rather quickly and this morning more then usual after doing my morning chores. We can all be over come by weakness. Sometimes it is physical like with me. Sometimes it is because we are in an unhappy marriage. Sometimes we are in a job where our hard work is taken for granted and our boss cares more about numbers then people. When we are weak is when we need to keep our guard up. If we are not careful we are at a point that the devil can hit us hard and discourage us and cause us to doubt God's love for us. If in our weakness we seek out God more, we can find the spiritual food that will keep us strong in the Lord. Our weakness can be a tool to help us trust God more or it can be a tool to allow the devil a door in our lives to raise havoc. We choose our reaction, not the devil. Do we run to God or to we allow the devil to fill our heart with doubts and despair? It is hard because we do not understand why God doesn't change our circumstances. Why have I been sick so long?
Why does your husband act so selfishly and cruel? Why does your boss treat his employees the way he does? These are difficult and honest questions we have. Sometimes we do not get the answer we want and sometimes the answers seems to be far far away. This is when we need to relay more on God and spend more time in His presence and resist the temptation to back off from God and Godly people. Sometimes we need to like that song says and just sit with God awhile and cry out to Him. Unlike people God is never to busy to be with us and hold and comfort us. Take time today and everyday to have some quiet time with God. Although we may feel alone, there are people who are praying for us. God may not change our circumstances but God will change us through our circumstances and make us strong spiritually. Pray for the one who seems to enjoy making you miserable. Most likely that person is miserable and that is why they spread misery wherever they go. Seek God and His mercy. Praise Him for His goodness. Pray for our blessed Hope to be soon.
Betty

Only one squirrel at the moment. It is alittle chilly this morning so the birds may be bundled up somewhere for warmth.

1 I am weak but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
2 Thro' this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. [Refrain]
3 When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore. [Refrain]
Baptist Hymnal, 1991

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday,

This morning I awoke to find the baby possum I have been feeding since November was dead. He or she was killed by an adult possum. It was actually at the feeding bowl when it was shredding. I buried it the best I could. I must admit I had tears in my eyes. We never know what we will face each day. Yet we can go to sleep each night knowing that whether we wake up in Heaven or on earth, that our Heavenly Father will be with us through the night and the next day, too. I am a member of a group of Facebook for people who suffer chronic pain. There are so many people that don't know what it is to go a day without pain. For people like us it is easy to give in to discouragement. But pains means we are still alive and we are still blessed. Learning to see blessings in small things is a wonderful gift that God has given me. There was a time that I took birds, squirrels, and flowers for granted. Mostly barely even noticing them. We receive many blessing through out the day and the truth is we often barely are aware of them. Pain free days mean nothing if you are in perfect health and we take life for granted unless someone we knows dies.
We are all guilty of taking the blessings God gives us for granted. Thankfully He understands and forgives us. We mean to be thankful and we often start off the day planing to talk to God more but we get distracted by all the things around us. The reality is we have to make a conscious effort to express our thanks to God, being thankful doesn't come naturally. We often spend more time stressing over the person who cut us off on the road then we spend thanking God for His goodness. Sometimes we need to stop and take a big breath and really look at the things around us. There is beauty in nature and even in man made things. Yesterday we to a shopping g strip in Splendorah and there is a beautiful huge water fountain. Hubby and I just stopped for a few minutes to admire it. We both walked off with a spring in out steps. Take time to enjoy things around you, even it it is just a flower weed growing out of a crack in the payment. Think of how hard that plant had to work to bring its beauty to its surface and now it can enjoy the sun. God has placed beauty in you. Look for ways to share that beauty with others, today. Be a blessing to those you come in contact with today. Let others see Jesus in you.
Betty

This morning there has been two red birds and a assortment of tiny birds. I love all the birds but my heart glows when I see the tiny birds eating.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I slept later this morning because I was awake in pain, from 3:30 until 4:30. The old dilemma do I ride out the pain our take the pain pill that makes me unable to sleep. I read and played on Facebook until the pain eased enough that I could sleep. Today I am trying to stay focused on God's love for me and keep from being depressed and anxious. Every Christian knows how hard it is to stay focused on God. There are outside forces that interfer, there are things we have to get done, whether it is at the job or home. Then of course there is the devil, who is more then willing to distract us. Everyone of us have our challenges and I in no way feel that my issues are worse than any others. This is why I talk about us praying for one another. Even that person we always see dressed to perfection and always seems to have their ducks all in a row, has issues everyday just like us. God did not promise us perfect health, perfect marriage or a perfect job. God did promise to be with us every day in our journey. But, have we moved away from Him? When thoughts of depression and despair come to us, is our first reaction to call out to Jesus for help? Or do we start listening to the devil who tells us that God has forgotten us or that God doesn't care about our problems. The first thing to remember is the devil doesn't care about us. All we are to him is a Christian that he can discourage and get us off track so he can throw it in God's face that we are another of His children that has been led astray. The devil doesn't even care about sinners, except for another soul he can get into hell. Every soul in hell is a victory for the devil. How many celebrities have you seen the devil use and then throw them away like trash? We need to remind ourselves that Jesus loved us enough to leave Heaven to come to earth to live and die for us. We are not capable of really understanding the sacrifice it took for the creator of all things to become a helpless baby being taking care of by the humans, that He created. Yet He did it so that we could spend eternity in Heaven with Him. These struggles that seem so big are so small compared to an eternity in the presence of God. There will be no pain, no despair, no tears, only the glory of the presence of God. We are just a vapor and in a puff one day we will no longer be toiling in this world but face to face with Jesus. So let us encourage one another and let us lean on the everlasting arms of God. Work for the Lord and look for the blessed Hope when Jesus calls us Home.
Betty

This morning I have about a dozen birds. Last summer we had a rose plant that was being smothered by vines. I cut down the vines and feared that the rose would also perish. I was surprised to see some little flowers blooming ithis morning. We sometimes feel like we will not last the pruning that God does in our lives, but if we are patient we will see blooms growing again, unfettered by the missing smothering vines.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Don't think that I have arrived and have complete trust. When my body gets sick at a inconvenient time, I too question why it is taking so long for the Doctors to find the cause. I can not get the medication because the Doctor doesn't know what the problem is. Then after the inconvenience of being sick multiple times a day, there comes the pain. Remember we are all on a journey of spiritual growth and I don't know anyone that has arrived at perfect trust. Keep walking with God and praying.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John 14:1. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." Notice Jesus did not say to not have troubles. As long as we live in this world, we will have troubles. We cannot choose not to have troubles, but we can choose to not allow our heart to be Troubled. From our perspective that is impossible. How can our heart not be troubled when we are living not only with trouble all around us, but troubles in our own lives and families? The answer is simple yet hard to do on a daily bases. It is what we allow ourselves to dwell on. Do we dwell on our problems reminding ourselves of how huge they are? The answer is when the devil comes to you and reminds you that you have no answer, which is true, remind him that God does have the answer. Instead of dwelling on the problems, dwell on the majesty and the powerful God we serve. When we admit that we cannot solve our problems and turn them over to God, then we can rest in Him. That doesn't mean there are not things we cannot do. When we need a job, we check the help wanted ads and we put out job applications. What we don't do is stress after we have done our part. We prayed then trust God to bring the answer. Our we spiritually cold? Do we have doubts? Then we go to Church and listen to Preachers on The radio who still preach the truth of The Gospel. Are we reading and studying the Bible on our own? To be spiritually fed, we need to stay hooked up to the tree.
Seek God everyday. Just as we take physical nourishment every day so does our soul and spirit require daily nourishment. Throughout the day when The devil reminds you of your problems remind him of the God you serve, who spoke the world into existence. May God be with you and may He bring answers to your requests.

This morning there are birds and I have seen one squirrel in the backyard. When I went to get the paper, I saw a dozen birds and a squirrel in the front yard.
Betty

Philippians 4:8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am not feeling so well today. The devil has been right in my ear, trying to discourage me. I reminded him that God is with me and God knows what is going on with my body. There are times in our lifes when it seems God's answer is taking for ever. It has been a year for me and if it wasn't for the prayers of others and the mercy of God, I would not be able to get our of bed everyday. I still do not know the answer but if I keep my faith in God and ignore the devil's lies, I can make it. God is not asking us to figure out how we will be able to make it next month, but to lean on Him everyday. To trust Him every day. As the Bible says every day has it's challenges and for us not to borrow trouble from tomorrow. How many times have we wasted our time trying to figure what we are going to about tomorrow? We should be trusting God today and for our tomorrow's. This doesn't mean our problems of today are not important to God. God knows when we are in pain, our scared, our just unsure of the next step. Yet, we can stop and give it all to Jesus and trust Him. Remind ourselves that our hope is in Jesus. Whatever comes tomorrow, Jesus will be there to walk with us and to guide us. The more we trust in Him the smaller and weaker our fears will become.

This morning there is one squirrel and many birds, including a bluejay. Yesterday at the window in the living room there were 5 birds feeding, including a red bird. I was so happy that I had tears in my eyes. God bless you and your families.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We can live next door to someone and not know the problems they are going though. This morning as I put the seed out, I saw my neighbor, Alice, I discussed my health issue and she discussed her issues and we both agreed to pray for one another. I believe God is pleased when we pray for one another. It's even better when we get to know alittle about each other so we can pray specially. But, we can pray for one another with out knowing the needs, because God knows them. I get an email every day with a celebrity's name to pray for. We might think that celebrities will not see their need for God, but I hear every month about a celebrity getting saved. Just because you work on TV or in the movies doesn't mean you do not have problems. When God brings a celebrity to your mind, take a minute and pray for that person. As the time grows short let is pray for those we know and those we don't know. Seek God's guidance for your life and seek to walk closer to Him each day.

This morning I have seen a red bird and about 20 other assorted birds. I haven't seen any squirrels yet, but they will come. Not only am I blessed by nature but blessed that hubby realizes how important feeding the birds and squirrels is to me. I pray that each day God will bless us and bring us closer to His side.
Betty

Give me oil in my lamp
Keep me burning burning burning
Give me oil in my lamp I pray (hallelujah!)
Give me oil in my lamp
Keep me burning burning burning
Keep me burning 'til the break of day

Sing hosanna sing hosanna
Sing hosanna to the King of kings
Sing hosanna sing hosanna
Sing hosanna to the King

Give me joy in my heart
Keep me praising praising praising
Give me joy in my heart I pray (hallelujah!)
Give me joy in my heart
Keep me praising praising praising
Keep me praising 'til the break of day

Make me fishers of men
Keep me seeking seeking seeking
Make me fishers of men I pray (hallelujah!)
Make me fishers of men
Keep me seeking seeking seeking
Keep me seeking 'til the break of day

Give me love in my heart
Keep me serving serving serving
Give me love in my heart I pray (hallelujah!)
Give me love in my heart
Keep me serving serving serving
Keep me serving 'til the break of day

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I am fixing to leave for Church, but wanted to wish everyone a good day in the Lord. How do we have a good day with the Lord? We communicate with God through out the day. We remind ourselves of the many victories God has brought us through and thank Him again for all the many times He has answered our prayers. Let us not neglect spending time with the one who loves us the most, Jesus. People change, sometimes they move on, but God NEVER forsakes us nor does He ever change. No matter how dark our day may be, we can trust God to be there for us. Be blessed and then share that blessing with everyone you meet.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Hank Williams Sr., did a song called I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive" another truth is you will never get out of this world with out being hurt. Emotional wounds even from our childhood stay with us all our lives. I cannot tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday but I can remember the little boy who called me elephant ears and I think of that often when I look in the mirror. The devil likes to bring up past hurts and to try to convince us that it was because God loves us less then others. The truth every person has their wounds. Some wounds afflicted or not as innocent as elephant ears and some wounds changed the course of our lives. Yet, instead of allowing the devil to discourage us by taking us down memory lane. Let us remind ourselves and the devil that it was the mercy of God that got us through the sharp cuts the devil influenced others to inflect and though we still bear the scar, we are no longing bleeding and the wounds are healed. Turn his mission to discourage us into an opportunity to praise God. Warriors look at their battle scars and remind themselves of their victories. We as Christian can do the same thing. It is through the scars that we are shaped and strengthened into the person that we are today. Let us seek not to be used by the devil to hurt others but to be used by God to bind the wounds of others and to bring comfort to one another. We should be building up fellow Christians and encouraging one another through the journey. Praise God for what He has brought through and seek to be His hands and feet. God bless you today and may you find comfort as you seek the face of Jesus.
Betty

This morning there has been a squirrel, blue jay, red birds and assorted tiny birds. There is one group of people who will get out of this world alive. Those taken up in the rapture. Although we have no assurance that we will be alive when the trumpet sounds, the world seems to be rushing into the time of the tribulation. I believe like many others that the tribulation will start after the rapture. I have sensed a element of importance at Church as the Pastor knows it is important for lost souls to get saved. I myself have been praying for lost family members. I do not want anyone I loved left behind. We are living in a time that it is important to do what God wants us to do, while we can. Not so we can have more rewards in Heaven but so we do not have to face God empty handed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am a ponder and I have always been. Thoughts come in my head and I turn them over and over like colored balls, analyzing them and wondering why situations in my life and my families lives are a certain way. The trouble comes if I go from pondering to stressing and worrying. I find if the moment I realize that I have began to stress, I start praying, God begins to bring peace. We do not always have the answers and sometimes the answers to all our questions do not come in this life. This is when we have to choose either to make ourselves miserable or to realize that God is in control and give the situation to Him. We need to realize that our families and ourselves are safe in our Heavenly Father's hands. This doesn't mean that there won't be problems but the God who spoke the universe into being can walk us though every problem. It takes a child like faith, but remember Jesus said unless a person becomes like a little child, they will never see the Kingdom of God. This is not blind faith but faith tested over many years of serving God. Even a brand new Christian can study the Bible and see where time and time again God proved worthy time and time again of the faith of believers. We must choose to have faith. The more we trust God the stronger and stronger our faith grows in Him. Everyday we have problems, thankfully most of the time they are minor but throughout the day these minor problems can add up and our stress level can grow. Learning to have a sense of humor about minor things can help with little things like spilling things and banging your leg against the open dishwasher door (got a bruise on my leg from that). If we can laugh it off, then we don't end up upset. The reality there are some things that come up in our lives we cannot laugh off. Give it to God. It doesn't matter where you are, you can offer up a quick prayer to God.
When the devil reminds you, and He will, remind yourself that you have prayed and if you still feel stressed, pray again. I do not believe God ever gets tired of hearing from us. He does say pray with out ceasing and He doesn't say don't pray about something if you have already prayed before. Sometimes we need to bring a situation over and over to God. But in all of our petitions let us not neglect to give God praise and worship. You can praise God even as you drive down the road.

Have a blessed day and take time to talk to God today. I had lots of birds today, but they left when I went to refill the feeders. Now the squirrels are feasting. Some people who feed birds don't care for the squirrels. I like both. I especially like watching the squirrels chasing each other around the tree like little children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Have you ever listened to a Missionary and instead of being inspired to work more for God you felt unworthy of God's love and a failure? I was listening to talk on the radio by Elizabeth Elliot, who passed away last year. Compared to her, I am a baby Christian, still sucking on a pacifier. My life is not over and I do not know what God has in store for me, but God did not call me to be Elizabeth. Thankfully every Christian does not take the path that God chose for Elizabeth, but God did call each of us for a purpose. God's love for us is not less the His love for Elizabeth. Yes, we should admire the great Missionaries and for sure, we should be praying for those in the fields even today, but we should not shrink from the job God has given us because it seems so small. God needs Christians who will stand in the gape everywhere. God has called nurses, police officers, teachers, mothers, fathers, mail person, etc. When we face God our works will not be judged up against others but what we did with our calling. Remember the man Jesus talked about that was given one coin and instead of using it to make more, he buried it. We can do the same with the talent God has given us. Let us use the talent God has given us for the Glory of God. There are times like many others that I am too ill to leave the house. That is not excuse for me to do nothing. I can pray for others. People take praying for granted but I believe prayer is important in the Kingdom of God.
Many can see that the time for serving God is short. Let us seek to work for God everyday. I admit that I often pray more for the rapture then other things when I am having a really bad day with physical issues and yet I can see while Jesus told us to be looking for that blessed hope, He did not tell us to sit on are duff and just wait for His return. We are to be working until He returns and that includes praying for one another. Let us live each day trying to be the best we can be for God and not compare our self to others. God bless and encourage you today.
Betty

This morning I got a late start dealing with phone calls to get referrals for specialists but I got the bird and squirrel food out. I have had a couple of squirrels and and a assortment of birds. The baby woodpecker I told you about before Christmas, is getting alittle bigger and getting the idea of how to peck the tree. I enjoy watching the bird at work. My raindrops of blessings encourage me each day.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Loving Father, thank You that every part of my life matters to You. Encourage me in my struggles so that I might walk in a way that reflects Your great love and honors Your great name. (Daily Bread)
Psalm 143:5 King James Bible
I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

I had a wonderful Pastor many many years ago, who said that God was not interested in the mundane things of our lives like like our jobs, etc. He was a great Pastor but I believe he was wrong about that. I believe that anything that is important to us, is important to God. I believe we should pray for guidance from God when we seek a job. But not only that, but God cares about the little things that upsets us. Anyone who has lost a pet and cried over their passing knows that what is little to others is important to us. God sees our tears and He knows our pain. Sometimes we don't take our concerns to God because we are afraid He will find them to little to care about. I believe God cares about all things that brings us pain.
It is by allowing ourselves to learn to trust God through the small things that helps us through the bigger issues. Faith doesn't happen over night, it is a process that takes all of our Christian life. Faith must be fed to stay alive. The Bible says faith comes from the Word of God. It is through daily Bible Study and daily walking with God that faith grows and matures. Sitting under a Preacher who is not afraid to speak the truth of God is a great way for faith to grow. Remember Paul warns us that in the last days, it is more important than ever to not neglect meeting together with fellow Christians. Americans and Europeans are often neglectful of attending worship services. Yet in many communist and Muslim countries people are risking their very lives to meet with fellow believers to worship God. I believe Christians who have the freedom to worship at God's House but refuse will have to answer to God one day for neglecting His House.
We need to draw close to God and stayed prayed up and have good Christian leadership, because the devil is working hard to deceive. We live in a day when even Pastors are being deceived. I read that a beloved Pastor for many years in South Africa has come out saying that he would rather go to hell then to a Heaven, if God is against the gay lifestyle. How can a Pastor who preached the truth for many, many years abandon the truth of God's Word? Sadly he has put the love of mankind above his love for God. The Bible says our love for God must come before mom and dad, and even our own children. For many years I wondered how God could say that. But as I begin to think that eternity is for ever and our lives on this earth if we are lucky, will be 70-90 years. God created us and He died for us. Our loyalty for God must be above all. Never stop praying for the loss, but always but God first. I told my husband many years ago that I love him with all my heart but no one comes above God in my heart. He agreed that God must come first. Let us stay strong in our faith. Going to hell just to be with your loved ones is NOT worth it.
Contrary to the joke I have heard entertainers say: "I may be going to hell, but I am going with my friends ", will not be funny in the lake of fire.
As I proof read what I have written, God has taken me in a different direction than I started. But remember God is our refuge and our strength. Praise and worship Him every day for He is worthy of our praise. Seek spiritual growth and pray that you will not be led astray by the devil in the dark days ahead.
Betty

P.S. The Pastor had changed his mind because of his daughter. While it sounds lovely to think he prefers to go to hell with his daughter. I think he is making a serious mistake. I saw a show that depreciated hell where individuals will not be able to be in communications with each other but will spend eternity in loneliness and pain. There will be no groups of people comforting each other in hell. Seek Heaven and not hell.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have ADH. I have always had it but when I was a kid, no one knew about ADH. My teacher was always sending notes home to my mom in first grade because I could not sit still in class. My dad took films of us as kids and I was always jumping up and down like a jack in the box. I did not find about ADH until my first child, Jenn was diagnosed and I always though it went away when you become an adult. My kids have me know that is not true. The reality is I am easily distracted. I always take notes in Church so I can attempt to stay focused on the preaching. The reality we live in a world where it is hard to stay focused for everybody. We go to Church and the Preaching gets us fired up and we promise ourselves and God that we are going to read the Bible and pray every day. Then life happens and we find ourselves neglecting the Word of God and if God is lucky, He hears a quick prayer right before we fall asleep. We mean well but we have allowed life to overwhelm us. There are times when something bad happens in our family, and it's like we need to introduce ourselves to God when we pray because it has been so long since we have talked to Him.
It doesn't have to be this way. We can make an appointed time to spend time with God every day. It will cost us something. Some days we may have to get up earlier to make time for God. God is well worth the effort and we will find that we are blessed when we make that effort. Spending time with God doesn't mean everything will to perfect but there is more peace in our hearts to deal with those unexpected events when we have spent time with Jesus. I still can't sit and pray like the old song says "Sweet Hour of Prayer". I become as restless as can be. But, I can talk to God through out the day as I do my chores. I still need quiet time alone with God, I just can't do an hour. The point is we need to spend some quiet time every day with God, praying and listening. God is so merciful that He meets us where we are. Let us all strife to have some quality time with God everyday.

This morning I have a squirrel and a few birds are gathering. My supply of bird seed is running low and it is time to get some more. I try to keep the supply adequate so I don't wake up one morning with no bird food to give. Just like I need to keep my soul fed so I don't find myself running on empty. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

KnowHim
Thank you for your prayers. I have started the test and hopefully next week they can diagnose what the problem is and find medication for it.
Betty

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 18 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted you to know I am praying for you.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Praise God! We both made it to Church yesterday morning. I have mentioned that one of the diseases hits me hard as soon as I step out of bed. This morning it was worse then usual and I can't help but wonder why. I am doing a test this week to see actually which disease it is so hopefully they can pinpoint what medicine will work on me. Even the test that takes days is very unpleasant. I remind myself there is a reason God is allowing me to go through this. I may not know to Heaven, but I am trusting Him as I go through each day. There are many times we go through unpleasant circumstances and we do no understand the reason but we can still trust Go through it all. Trusting God in those dark days can be hard and there are times that our faith grows weak, but when we lay it all at Jesus feet, He gives us peace. Every Christian is going through things they do not understand and it is hard to deal with. Yet the more we trust God the stronger our faith grows and we grow in strength in the Lord. Growing pains so to speak. This is the first new week of the New Year and none of us really know what is ahead. But, it is easy to see that there are unpleasant days ahead for Christians, even in America. If we are not strong in our faith we are going to be shipwrecked and lose our faith. We could even become like one of the virgins who ran out of oil got left out of the Wedding. That is why we need to refill our oil every day in the Lord. I don't know it it is possible to embrace trials and tribulations, we can choose to accept God's will with out complaining and giving up. Reminding ourselves that trials and tribulation bring forth spiritual growth. I don't believe it is a sin to ask God why, but I do believe we need to keep going even if God's answer doesn't come right away.

This morning I have had several squirrels and assorted birds. I soak in the experience as medicine to keep me going and to add sunshine to my day. May your day be filled with moments of sunshine.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Gismy,
Thank you for sharing that. Yes we do need to meditate on God's Word.
Betty

My body is acting up a little, but I am dressed for Church and took a pill and pray I can make it through Church Service. I know better than to eat, but my body seems to be reacting to drinking this morning but God is in control. There is a lot of things in our individual world space that we have no control. Some people have control freak bosses that want to micro manage their employees and some bosses expect their employees to read their minds on what they want. Parents with children are often bombarded in the mornings with children fussing and children who can't find shoes, books etc. It is easy to end up with everyone upset with one another before we have left the house. Although I prayed in my heart many times that God would help us find lost items, how much better it would have been to have stopped everything and have the children pray with me that God would calm our moods and help us find things. As they say hind sight is 20/20. There are lot of things I look back on when my kids were little and I wish I had done things better. We cannot go back in time and fix things but we can pray that God will help us see moments now in our lives when we need to stop and just pray. Stressing and getting angry never fixed anything and sometimes we say things we can't bring back. Let us start out this year not just thinking of God on Sunday's, but seeking His help and guidance every day and throughout the day. God bless you.
This morning I nice had several squirrels and assorted birds and have been blessed by them.
Betty

--------------------

GISMYS16
Advanced Member
Member # 12739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GISMYS16   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this Word from God and I can say it has proved so true in my life again and again. Trust God and His Word.

Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:1-5

Posts: 36 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Last night I had set my coffee pot up like I do every night, expecting a hot cup of coffee, after I fed the squirrels and birds. I came in and starting pouring and soon realized there was three cups and not one. This would have been fine, if I had not had only enough coffee for one cup. I had forgotten I had ran water through the pot for cocoa last night and there was still water in the pot. That is like life, we often make plans and then something happens and our plans have to modified or derailed completely. Coffee is not that big deal, go with juice. But often when our plans have to be set aside we can become frustrated and out of sorts. Let's, face it our first question is not:What would God rather I be doing?" But "Why me?"
Let us try to start out this year trusting God more and allowing Him to change our plans without whining.
We know in our hearts that He knows best but often our first response is being frustrated and plain aggravated. As we are beginning the New Year let us try to be responsive to God's will and less determined to have our will.
This morning I had a blue jay eating. I have found to my surprise that blue jays are the most fearful of the birds. I have to make sure that the bird doesn't see me move even though I am in the house or it will fly away. I thought because of its size it would be less fearful but maybe it feels its size makes it more if a target. The smallest birds will eat even after I walk outside. I am enjoying nature this morning and thankful for these quiet moments as I meditate on seeking God's guidance.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy New Year,

This morning I am overcome by confusion and questions because I woke up from a nightmare where in my dream my faith was weak. I feel so inadequate this morning. Wondering how I can write about faith and trust in God and yet dream a dream where I am in despair and so troubled. Yet, now that I am awake my faith in God is strong and the fears are gone. The only residue from the dream is guilt for having the dream in the first place. I am trying to remind myself that I do not control what I dream and yet......... Maybe I need to remind myself that the devil will attack where He can and that can include our dreams. Maybe The devil is trying to siderailed me from the task God has given me by making me feel in adequate for the task. And as I write that I am reminded that I was always inadequate for the task. God did not lay on my heart to write every day because I am strong In faith and a over comer. God gave me the task to write from my weakness and from my inadequacies so that I could work not from my great faith but through the guidance of the Holy Spirit . My dear friends, I have often written to you that the devil seeks new ways to attack us. Today is a reminder to me and you that the devil will even use our dreams to try to persuade us to walk away from the task God has given us. Now, even though I still feel weak physically from the physical pain and weak emotionally from the attack from the devil, I just reminded myself that God has not given up on me. I must continue His work even through a state of weakness. I pray that seeing how God is using me through such attacks will encourage you to keep striving to work for God, in your own circumstances. Please pray for me, that I will be strong and not give up.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

"So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Good Morning and Happy New Years's Eve,

Hubby and I are going to celebrate New Years like the old fogies we are by going to an early supper at a Mexican food Restaurant. This year has brought me many physical struggles but it has also brought a great blessing to our family, Sarah, our Son' fiancee. Only God knows what the future holds for this world. But we are beginning to see already that Religious freedoms for Christians are under attack and our President has made it clear that he plans to go further in his attack against the Christian Faith. Our President is going after the right of Americans to have free speech and to arm ourselves against a rogue government who thinks the constitution should be forsaken. These are just a few of the many things that keep conservatives awake at night, but Christians know this is just a plan the devil has for putting together his One World Government. The thing that surprises me the most that so many Americans are so willing to lay down their freedoms in the name of political correctness. Yet, we must not allow our selves to be over come with fear. Yes we should be concerned for our Country, but we need to remind ourselves God is in control.
One day this world will be ruled by God, Himself, but until that time, take courage, my friend, God has not left His throne and He has not left you to strife on your own. Take courage my dear friends, Jesus is coming for us soon! There is victory ahead in a Home in Gloryland where the devil and his henchmen cannot touch us or even communicate with us in any way. Praise the Lord! Live every day as if Jesus is coming today. Seek every moment to share His message and be pray fully ready to hear the trumpet sound.
Hubby and I have been enjoying the assorted birds, including one Blue Jay and a handful of red birds. I notice on yellow rose this morning as I took the trash out. It was almost hidden under some leaves but it was glowing with its beauty for all to enjoy. May I be like that rose, shinning God's love even when I am physically struggling by thorns that seek to steal my joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

I woke up feeling ill during the middle of the night, so I slept late this morning. I put out the bird seed and the trees are filled with red and other assorted birds. I am enjoying the blessing from God with a cup of coffee. Sometimes we miss the small blessings that God brings our way because we stressed about the big picture. Don't get me wrong, God is concerned about the big picture, but it is often the little blessings that refresh and encourage us along the way. Just as God blesses us many times with small things we too can be a blessing to others with small things . An encouraging word, a smile, a compliment might be just the blessing someone you meet today, needs today, to keep going. Let us not let opportunities pass us by that you can use to shine the love of God in a hurried and discouraged world. May God guide you today and help you see every opportunity He brings your way to share the love of Christ to others.
Betty

Are you weary, are you heavy hearted?
Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus.
Are you grieving over joys departed?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus,
He is a Friend that’s well known.
You’ve no other such a friend or brother,
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?
Have you sins that to men’s eyes are hidden?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Do you fear the gathering clouds of sorrow?
Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Are you troubled at the thought of dying?
For Christ’s coming kingdom are you sighing?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Are you weary, are you heavy hearted?
Are you grieving over joys departed?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus,
He is a Friend that’s well known.
You’ve no other such a friend or brother,
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?
Have you sins that to men’s eyes are hidden?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Do you fear the gathering clouds of sorrow?
Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

Are you troubled at the thought of dying?
For Christ’s coming kingdom are you sighing?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Refrain

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Trials and Temptations

James 1:2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,a whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Yesterday was a hard day for me physically. I woke up in pain and was in pain until I went to bed. I say this not for pity, but there will be days for us Christians when things will be hard for us. Whether, it is physical, emotional, or spiritual distress, we will go through times of distress. Those times that we are in a period of distress, are times the devil is on attack mode. He knows we are weaker and he is right there to dial up our Discouragemnt and convince us that God has left us to suffer all alone. This is when we need to remind the devil that he is a liar and we trust God. God in His goodness never forsakes us or abandons us. Let us use these times not to be fearful and not to question God's love for us, but to seek God's face and seek to learn what God is teaching us. Remember some questions will not be answered until we enter Heaven but there are times when can look back to the past and see why God took us down such a rocky, pot holed path. Let us seek to grow in Jesus every day and embrace in faith every path that God chooses for us to walk.

This morning I have seen the red squirrel and other squirrels and a variety of birds. Every morning that I am able to enjoy nature, is a blessing from God to me and I am thankful for His gift to me.
Betty

Tempted and tried, we’re oft made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long;
While there are others living about us,
Never molested, though in the wrong.
Refrain:
Farther along we’ll know more about it,
Farther along we’ll understand why;
Cheer up, my brother, live in the sunshine,
We’ll understand it all by and by.
Sometimes I wonder why I must suffer,
Go in the rain, the cold, and the snow,
When there are many living in comfort,
Giving no heed to all I can do.
Tempted and tried, how often we question
Why we must suffer year after year,
Being accused by those of our loved ones,
E’en though we’ve walked in God’s holy fear.
Often when death has taken our loved ones,
Leaving our home so lone and so drear,
Then do we wonder why others prosper,
Living so wicked year after year.
“Faithful till death,” saith our loving Master;
Short is our time to labor and wait;
Then will our toiling seem to be nothing,
When we shall pass the heavenly gate.
Soon we will see our dear, loving Savior,
Hear the last trumpet sound through the sky;
Then we will meet those gone on before us,
Then we shall know and understand why.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This is the last week of 2015 and none of us knows what 2016 will bring. Many of us see trouble ahead, but that doesn't mean we should live in a state of fear and dread. God said in the last days we would have perilous time, but through these times God will be with us. We know things will get worse but this is the time to draw close to God and not give into despair and fear. Remind yourself that God is still in control.
As we look forward to the rapture, remember the devil is chopping at the bits looking forward to when he can control the earth. The Bible says the tribulation will be like no other time on earth. The anti-Christ will promise peace and Heaven on earth but it will be a horrible time with plaques and evils we cannot even imagine. This should motivate us to pray more diligently for our lost loved ones so that they are not left behind when God calls the Church home. We cannot force anyone to get saved but we should pray more and share the Gospel of Christ when opportunities come our way.

As we finish out our year, let us be thankful for the good times God has brought our way and grateful for the bad times that God has seen us through. While we do not know what lies ahead, we do know we can put our trust in God. It is easy to give in to fear and many times I have done so, but there is peace of mind and heart when we rest in God and let go of our fears and distress. This year for me has been a hard year and at times, I have cried out enough, but it is through my physical struggles and pain that God has drawn me closer to Him and He has taught me so much. They still do not know why my body is rejecting food and why there is so much pain when I eat, but I am learning to trust God despite the pain, discomfort, and embarrassing episodes. I cannot honestly say I would have chosen this path on my journey but I can say that God's plan has taken me spiritually where I need to be. I still pray that they find an answer soon because living the rest of my life like this is not a pleasant thought, but I have come to the place that I am willing to accept God's will. I know that what ever the future holds, God will give me the peace and strength to walk the path He chooses for me. Knowing that does give me peace .

This morning Bertha and I are sharing a piece of graham cracker fruit cake that Jennider made in honor of my mom and her grandmother. I have been blessed to see a few birds but no squirrel yet. This time a year many of us make New Years resolutions. As we think of the changes we want to make let is not forget our spiritual health and seek to improve that as well as our physical health. May God be with you in special way today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and a Blessed Sunday,

I felt so bad yesterday and last night that I did not set an alarm for Church. I am in more pain then usual but that is okay I took something for it and I am going to rest this morning and try to make it to the evening service. The bare trees outside or glistening with rain drops which adds a beauty to the otherwise sad looking trees. In our growth in our faith and walk with Jesus, we often go through barren times. Times when we feel so forlorn that we have little faith for ourselves and nothing to share with others. We often feel that God has forgotten us and we are just going to fade away. But it could be through these barren times that not only do we rest our bodies but we grow deeper and stronger in faith if we will not give up but seek the face of God and lean on Him more and more. We can look at barren trees and remind ourselves that in the spring those trees will be majestic in their beauty and grace. Let us not forget to remind ourselves that after our time of barrenness we will be like those trees, bursting forth with spiritual fruit and glowing with the Holy Spirit which lives in us. The earth has seasons for a purpose and spiritually and physically we have seasons for a purpose. Embrace the season you are in and seek God's face and seek for ways to be a light to a dark and sinful world. God is with you every season and He has a purpose for your life. He hasn't given up on you, so don't give up on Him. As we look forward to our eternity in Heaven let us not put our motors on coast but work diligently for God until God calls us home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We were blessed to have our kids and their families with us yesterday. A blessing I do not take for granted. We had a lovely dinner and wonderful fellowship. My son's fiancee got to see the Harlow family as it is, loud and fun loving. Jesus was so good to us. I pray that everyone had a blessed Christmas Day with their loved ones. This morning I have been blessed to enjoy a male red Cardnail and a female Cardnail and several squirrels. The days after Christmas we are usually tired and weary, especially those of us in bad health, but let us not forget to keep a thankful heart for every blessing God has given us. I am going to rest today and allow my body to recover, but this doesn't mean I cannot take the time throughout the day to offer prayers of thanksgiving to God my Father. In a week it will be a New Year, let us finish out this year, with a spirit of thankfulness and appreciation for God and our loved ones. Be blessed and be thankful for our salvation through Christ our Savior. Let us pray for our lost loved ones and those we run into that God will save their souls. Remember to pray for our Missioners, our Military, our Police Officers, and Firemen. God bless and keep you and you families safe.

Thank you Jenn, Beverly, and Sarah's mom for the Christmas goodies. I enjoyed a few for my breakfast this morning .

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Merry Christmas to everyone!

The Christmas Dinner is at 5 today so it is quiet around here. We had a lovely Christmas morning before Jeff left to have lunch with Sarah's family. God was good to us and we were able to get each other a few things we needed. I was pleased as punch that Ronnie asked for a Bible this year. We are going to try starting reading the Bible together tomorrow. We went to Church with Jeff and Sarah last night and had supper at Sarah's house with her family, and then went and looked at Christmas lights. This has been a great Christmas. I am so thankful for what Christmas means and the gift of Jesus and through Him the gift of salvation. I hope you have a lovely day with your family. We are blessed to have Sarah in our lives. She is a great addition to our family. Ronnie and are blessed with having our two children and two grandchildren and one great grandchild. Like Sarah our son inlaw , Mark, is a great blessing to our family and we our grateful for him. I pray that God will bless you and all your family today and your home be filled with wonderful smells of Christmas Dinner and your hearts filled with thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father for the blessings that He has bestowed on you and your household.
Betty
We had several squirrels, a blue bird and a red male Cardinal this morning .

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and a Blessed Christmas Eve,

"God made His home with us so that we might make our home with Him." This was in my Daily Bread. If God had not become man, lived and died among us, and rose again, mankind would still be living with out hope. Just living out our time until we died and went to hell. I can not imagine a more miserable life and yet there are those who choose the path to hell. They know the truth and yet they reject the truth because of pride, unwillingness to give up their sin and just not wanting to have anyone including God to tell them how to live. Even if they live a prosperous life of fame, power, and riches, what is that compared to an eternity in hell? This is the time many of us exchange gifts and yet so many people reject the most precious gift of all: Jesus. Sadly we live in a time when Christians are considered weak and feeble minded at best and at worse mentally challenged for needing a God to make us feel accepted. Those who look down on us are accepted as inlighted and intelligent. Sadly, they have rejected the truth. The Bible says in the last days bad will be considered good and good considered bad. If you speak out for unborn babies, you are for taking away the rights of women to kill their unborn children. I read about a Methodist Preacher who said that driving women to have their abortion is God's work. How sad that don't only is she is participating in killing of babies she is an example in her Church of teaching sin as acceptable.
As we celebrate Christmas this season, let us take time to pray for those blinded by sin that their eyes be open to the truth of God's Word. May they see that just because the world has chosen to make sinful things acceptable does not mean that God has changed His mind. Pray that their hearts will be open to accept the greatest Christmas Gift of all: Jesus our Savior.

This morning I took pleasure in two beautiful yellow roses in my front yard. I stopped an told them how beautiful they are. I have several squirrels eating this morning and my heart is filled with joy. I pray that you too find joy and peace today.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The last two days have been exhausting. Between Christmas shopping for Christmas dinner, last minute gifts, and a visit for hubby at the VA, we have ran the roads. Don't get met wrong I am so grateful that we were able to take care of the needs for Christmas. But today is the first day it is safe for me to eat breakfast since Saturday. My plan is to stay off the roads today. I really am appreciative of all the work my mom did for us kids. She baked every day the week of Christmas. And that is not counting the baking she did for the Church events and making sure we kiddos got to all the Christmas play practices. I sure miss her and dad and my little sister. Christmas seems a little less not being at my mother-in- laws house on Christmas Eve. I know there are many that miss loved ones. While it is so important to us knowing that they are having Christmas with Jesus, it doesn't take away the loss of their presence at our table. We need to remind ourselves that God gave up the presence of His Son for 33 years so that He could bring salvation to mankind.
Christmas brings still brings out the good in people . It was refreshing to see people go the extra way to help people negotiate a 5 lane highway yesterday to turn left against the traffic. No one honking at the people who stopped to allow this. Of course there are those who are always going to be impatient and cranky but there seems to be more nice people at Christmas time. Maybe it is the remembrance of the joy of Christmas when they were children. As we spend the last few days before Christmas let us share the love of Jesus with others and let us take time to thank God our Father for the best gift of all: Jesus.
God bless you and your family today.
A few squirrels are gathering now that they realize that their food is out. I see a bird so they should start gathering soon. I hope that God will use my feeble words to bless you . When I sat down after my morning chores I was hurting and feeling a little blue, but God has encouraged me and watching nature has made me smile. Thank you, Jesus for allowing me to enjoy the birds and squirrels every morning.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tueday,

Have you ever had something bother you and every time you think you have put it out of your mind the devil pops it back in your head? You tell yourself you are over it, here the thought comes like a runaway train. Let's face it the devil likes to use our minds like a play ground. The question becomes not if he is going to put thoughts that are contrary to what God wants us to dwell on, because he will. The question becomes whether we will refrain from playing with the thoughts are stop and give them to Jesus. This is a process that we have to do over and over for the devil will not tempt us once but many, many times. But I believe each time we do not allow the devil to have his way we become spiritually stronger. This time of year we are prone to remember past experiences. While most may be good there are those thoughts that only depress us and make us feel dishearted, we must remember that God got us through those painful times and He is with us in the present. Let us concentrate this Christmas Season to make new memories and be a blessing to others making happy memories for others. God bless you and may your step be lighter as you remind yourself how much the Heavenly Father loves you.
Several squirrels this morning and a couple of birds. Yesterday a tree had so many red birds that it looked like red flowers. That made me happy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I pray that you are feeling blessed today and feel God's breath near you like a sweet smelling rose.
Yesterday, the little children did a little Chrismas pagent at Church and they were so sweet. What made it so lovely was not perfection but the mistakes of the young ones who were so precious. Many years ago I took a painting classes for 6 months. The teacher often stressed that when we tried to make our scenes of nature perfect, we lost the glory of nature. She told us to study nature and we would see that not every leave was hanging in a perfect position and every flower was not picture perfect, and yet when we painted nature in its true form it came together perfectly. We too often spend so much time seeking perfection in our lives that we miss the big picture. This does not mean we should not do our best but don't get so caught up in the little things that you miss what God is trying to show you. If God wanted perfect Christians who could have mankind with no freedom of choice and like robots who just did God's will on command. But God chose mankind, weak easily led astray, and often stubborn, to be His vessels. When we choose to be obedient to God and willing to be led by Him, I believe God rejoices. When we decide to go our own way, act out, and just be plan contrary, God doesn't say:"Throw that one away, they are broken". No! God brings us back often with a spanking but as I believe King David said: God doesn't chastise for us forever and afterwards, He heals our wounds and comforts us. This Christmas season do not try to have the perfect Christmas. Don't stress over everything going perfectly that you miss out on enjoying your family.
So much of my family is in Heaven and though I often long to relive those days they are gone. But if I allow myself to grieve over loss, I would miss out over the wonderful family that I am blessed to have around me, my hubby, my precious children, grandchildren, and great grandson. Take time this season to thank God for lovely, precious memories of the past and rejoice in what you have in the present. If the turkey isn't like you see on TV, don't stress. Your family loves you and wants to spend time with you, not with the turkey. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Sunday,

I am still having health issues so going to go to the Church close to me. I miss my home Church, but must deal with what is. I have not heard from Doctor but trusting God they will find the cause and solution.
This morning 2 squirrels and assorted birds. I woke up early this morning so no rushing to make Church which is good. Almost all the leaves are gone from my trees and they look dreary and depressing. Often in our life we go through periods where we feel like those trees. We can see nothing beautiful in our life and we feel defeated and ugly. But just like in the spring when the trees began to grow new leaves and our yard is bursting with new life, our own lives will begin to burst open with fruit and we will glow with the growth of our soul. Winter is a time or rest for most of nature. We to need times of spiritual rest in Jesus. Where we can grow in the Lord and become refueled. If our cup is empty we cannot share with others the Good News of Christ. Let us not grumble and complain when we are going through the dark times but praise God and rest on Him. Spring is coming, but for now we must got through the winter. There is a reason God made 4 seasons and there is a reason why we go through valleys and climb mountains. Which ever stage God has us going through, let us go through it with grace and gratitude to God.
This is the last Sunday before Christmas Day. Let us take time today to reflect on The beauty and the promise fulfilled with the birth of Jesus. God bless and keep you.
Betty

Silent night, holy night
All is calm and all is bright
Round young virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing hallelujah
Christ the savior is born
Christ our savior is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God
Love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus Lord at thy birth
Jesus Lord at thy birth

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Christ the savior is born

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

David,

Thank you so much. I pray each day that God will give me the right words to say. It has been almost a year since I got sick. They still do not know the cause or solution, but I believe God is allowing me to go though this time so that I can grow in Him and be used by. Him.
Betty

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post. It sure brightened my day.

Praise to our King Jesus!

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

"I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" lyrics
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), 1867)

Play "I Heard The Bells…"

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

Like the author of this song, we live in a world that there is no peace. Our war is different than the civil war that was going on when Mr Longfellow wrote this song. Yet we all know that just in California, a act of terrorism could happen anywhere at anytime. Just as the writer we are primed to cry out there is no peace. But just as the author penned in the last verse, God is not dead nor has He resigned His position.
We are warned by Jesus Himself that these things must be. Yet that doesn't mean that we should not rejoice in this time of celebrating Jesus' birth. Draw your family around you and thank God for the gift of family that He has given you. Most everyone like myself have family in Heaven and I believe they are also rejoicing at this time with us. We do not have to be overcome with despair. We can rejoice in the family we still have with us, we can enjoy the festivities that are all around us, and most important we can rejoice in the precious gift of Jesus. Take time and drive around looking at Christmas lights with Christmas songs playing in your car and feel your spirit lift. Keep your eyes on Jesus and look for His soon coming. Paul would remind us that this time of suffering is for a short period, while our rejoicing in Heaven will be for eternity. Be blessed and look for ways to be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

By now all the kids are excited and counting down the days to Christmas morning. I remember that time as a child when it seemed time moved slower then normal. Even as adults we can smell the Holiday smells in the air: cinnamon, Christmas trees, and cranberries. Waiting is fun when you are waiting for happy things, but stressful when you are waiting on news that could bring good or bad results. The not knowing can open our hearts and minds to doubts. The devil is more then willing to supply any doubts we haven't thought of. If we allow our mind to play in the play pen of doubts we can overwhelm ourselves with stress and our focus in no longer on God. In the play pen our doubts make our problems grow into giants and if we are not careful we can shrink God in our minds and become overwhelmed by fear. When we take our eyes off our troubles and through prayer and Bible Study, we see that nothing or anyone is bigger then our Heavenly Father. The more our trust grows the more our doubts shrink. Waiting for answers don't mean we pull the cover over our heads and hide. We continue to work for God and leave the questions in His Hands. Waiting can be a time of spiritual growth and maturity. We can remind ourselves that although we do not know the answers to our situation, there is nothing that God doesn't know and when the answers do come, He will be there to walk us through what ever the path we will walk through. Those of you with young children and grandchildren, enjoy this time of innocence. Take pleasure as you see Christmas in their young eyes. All of should rejoice in the marvelous gift of Jesus that God in His love for mankind gave us. Have a blessed day and take time to do something for yourself. Whether it is a fancy coffee, or listening to Christmas music while soaking in a bubble bath. This time of year can be stressful so take the time to refresh your body, mind, and soul.
Betty

Waiting on the Lord/ Charles F. Weigle

Waiting on the Lord, for the promise given;
Waiting on the Lord, to send from Heaven;
Waiting on the Lord, by our faith receiving;
Waiting in the upper room.
Refrain:
The power! the power!
Gives vict’ry over sin, and purity within;
The power! the power!
The pow’r they had at Pentecost.
Waiting on the Lord, giving all to Jesus;
Waiting on the Lord, till from sin He frees us;
Waiting on the Lord for the heav’nly breezes;
Waiting on the Lord, longing to mount higher;
Waiting on the Lord, having great desire;
Waiting on the Lord, for the heav’nly fire;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I feel like a zombie being up this early. I found myself moaning about it, but then God reminded me how the Doctor is seeing me before his regular appointments and is in fact doing me a favor. He is checking to see how my osteoarthritis is progressing in my hips. Which got me to wondering how many times do we have something happen to us that at the time at best seems likes an inconvenience and worse trouble only to find out in the next day or so that their was a Godly purpose for what God has brought out way. We do not see the big picture but one day we will find out that many times when God sidetracked us it was not to inconvenience us but to protect us from something that was around the bend, so to speak. I am a planner and I like things to go in an orderly way and easily upset when my day is sidetracked. Yet I am learning to trust God, when he allows things to pop up that delays or even changes my plans. His ways are better and we learn to trust Him, wholly with all our being we can live more peacefully. So what ever comes your way today, trust God. His purpose and His ways are way beyond us.
At least I can have coffee this morning. Way to dark to see any nature. God bless you!
Betty

--------------------

GISMYS16
Advanced Member
Member # 12739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GISMYS16   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan! God's Word says you are a liar and you are on earth to kill and destroy but God rebuke you and as a child of God I resist you and bind your power in Jesus's name and declare to you that you are a defeated foe and have no right to attact my health. God's Word says when I resist evil,evil must flee,so you are defeated and I command you to be gone in JESUS'S NAME!!! PTL. I choose to believe God's Word and accept God's blessings and healing. PTL.
Posts: 36 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am blessed to have several birds at my feeders this morning. Yesterday was a hard day. The medication for the test made me sick, but I feel better and happy to have my morning coffee. Now is the waiting time for the results. We spend a lot of time of our lives waiting for the answers. Will we get that promotion? Will the girl I love say yes to my proposal? Where will we live when we move? How do I know if I am living in God's will? Often we spend wasted hours trying to find the answers on our own. Of course God wants us to make intelligent decisions, but if we seek God's will in everything we do, we will not have to worry and fret over every decision. Some people, think that God's will, means that everything will turn out perfect. While that sounds wonderful, the reality is that is not always true. Sometimes God leads us through dark valleys so that we can come out of them having grown spiritually and our faith increased. This time are often made worse by those who are quick to point out the errors they think we made that got us in the valley. Remember Job, he went through some very dark times, not because of his own sin but because of a disagreement between God and Satan. Job's friends were quick to: help Job find some hidden sin in his life. Poor Job was perplexed and overwhelmed by everything and yet his faith and trust in God never wavered. While the Bible said that God increased everything that Job lost, the Bible did not say how all of this changed Job in the end. There is reason to believe that his faith was stronger. We will have trouble and tribulation in this life. Let is seek to come through everyone with a sweeter attitude, stronger faith in God, and a brighter light in our spirit to shine the glory of God on everyone we see and touch. If we trust God we do not have to fear the waiting. We can live in peace even when we do not know the answer. Live so close to God that when we go though trial and tribulation we do not have to be afraid. Of course Satan will be there to whisper words of doubt in our ears, but remind Satan that he is the father of liars. Even if God should choose to let us die, our future in Heaven is worth the pain we suffer here. Glory be to God, the creator of Heaven and earth.
Betty

Looking at a beautiful male Cardinal. He sure is acting like he knows how beautiful he is. [youpi] He just got bumped by a woodpecker. God is good to me, by allowing me to enjoy nature so much.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Gismy,
Thank you for sharing. I am trying hard to have a spirit of praise and thanksgiving even in the midst of my illness. There are times I become discouraged. Because my disease has some unpleasant and embarrassing symptoms but God always gives me strength to carry on.
Betty

--------------------

GISMYS16
Advanced Member
Member # 12739

Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:1-5

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday

Up way to early for me and no coffee. Ugh! I am having a CT Scan this morning to find out why my body is rejecting food, I pray that they find the cause and that it is fixable. Quite nippy this morning and had to wear a sweater to work outside but it feels more like Christmas time. It is funny how you really want something you can't have. I can just imagine warm coffee easing down my throat. That is often how it is with sin. The devil makes it seem so inviting and the taste so pleasurable. But the reality is sin only taste good for a short period, but the results of sin can plaque a person for years. The devil from the time of Adam and Eve has made it seem that when God says no that He is cheating us out of something. The truth is God is trying to protect us not withhold pleasure. That little bit of fruit changed the earth from a perfect garden to a sin plagued world. But don't be so quick to blame Adam and Eve. We are also prone to be rebellious and seek that what is harmful to ourselves and our families. Have a blessed day and may we seek to be more obedient to God's will and less rebellious. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I slept later this morning and I feel better then I did yesterday morning. Praise God! This morning I have been blessed with many birds and two squirrels at the feeders. The Bible says that the earth groans with anticipation for the time that God will heal the earth and restore her to her former glory. We as Christians also look with great anticipation to when Jesus calls the Church to meet Him in the air. A revival that the earth has never know or experienced. Until Jesus' glorious appearing we can be shining lights that show God's love in a dark world over taken by sin. The devil seeks to dim our lights by discouraging us and overwhelming us with trials and tribulations. If we constantly refill our spirit at the feet of Jesus and in His Holy Word then our light will continue to burn with the intensity that God designed us for. Let us live every day with purpose and promise, that being to be what God wants us to be. While we need to be aware of what is happening around us, make sure we spend enough time in prayer and studying the Word of God, so that we are beacons of truth and not discouraged and frightened rag dolls. If we put our complete trust in God, we need not fear. God bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I still felt weak this morning, but instead of staying home, I visited an Assembly of God Church that is close to the house. It was a good service and I am blessed to be able to be in God's house. As those in the Houston area know, the weather is icky this morning. Thankful to God that He protected us through the storm last night. I see two red birds in the back yard so of course that makes me happy. Last night we had my side of the family Christmas party. God blessed us with a great time with family. This is the season that we often get with family members. It is a joyful time of the year with family but more important the remembrance of the great sacrifice that Jesus made in leaving Heaven to be born a baby and to live and die for our sins. May God bless you and you celebrate the miracle of Jesus birth, death, and resurrection. It is easy to get caught up in the bustle and often stress of Christmas, but let us not forget that Jesus is the reason we celebrate. Take time every day to spend with God and you will find your hours will go better. May God make Himself known to you today in a special way.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

The red squirrel is at the feeder this morning . He or she has put on Little weight, which is great because winter is coming soon. This morning as I wait for guidance from God on what He would have me to say, I feel bless to able to enjoy the beauties of nature. Like many others who suffer from diseases, the mornings can be hard. With me I wake with pain in my body and have to talk myself into getting up. Yet we all have a lot to be grateful for: another day to live for God, another day with family, another day to pursue our dreams. Every day is a blessing from God; 24 hours to accomplish goals and to work for God. We should seek to see the moments that God sends our way to show His love to others. After thanking God for another day, we should pray for opportunities to share God's love and for our eyes to be open to the opportunities that God sends our way. While we live in a time that can depress us let is remember the joy of having a relationship with God. Let us take God's love with us everywhere go and share this love with others. Let us pray that God will overflow our hearts with love for others so that others can see Jesus in us. As the old saying goes: "Let others see Jesus in us". Pray that God will make you a blessing to others. May God bless you today as you go about your business.
Betty

Artist: Hymns
Album: Unknown
Title: Make Me a Blessing

1 Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad;
are weary and sad
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife
making the sorrowing glad.

Refrain:
Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life
out of my life
May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O savior, I pray,
I pray Thee, my Savior,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

2 Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
Tell of His pow'r to forgive;
His pow'r to forgive.
Others will trust Him if only you prove
true ev'ry moment you live.

Refrain:

3 Give as 'twas given to you in your need;
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;
Unto your mission be true.

Refrain

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement