Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 4, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

“Fly Me To The Moon”

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

Born in 1952, I grew up loving the 60’s music. Even now, I can become lost in the music of the 50’s and 60’s. This morning as I sang “Fly me to the moon” in my head, I stopped when I got to the part that said all I worship and adore. Truth is at the time when the song came out, I thought nothing of the words and sang with the radio all the time. Innocent songs we felt at the time. I was a Christian and yet at the time I never even blinked singing that chorus.

Innocent song we rationalize then and now, but there is a message in the song. We are declaring our worship for a person. Where we not being trained by Satan to put a person over God? Should we, even unconsciously, be declaring our worship for a person? Does make one wonder how many other ways did Satan worked on our mind and we never saw it.

There is still great music from those eras and I will still listen to oldies, but I do not think I can ever sing the line “you are all I worship and adore” again. Where does all this take us? We need to be aware that Satan still is working and has been since the Garden of Eden. While we can see the Satan’s work that is being done right in the open with no shame, he still works silently and hidden. Satan knows he is not going to get a Christian to get half dressed and march for abortion and gay marriage. He also knows he can work on our mind using an pix axe to chop at our beliefs so we begin to doubt God’s Holy Word. We can start to believe that God really did not mean, that being a homosexual is a sin. If we are not careful we can even rationalize abortion. “Surely, God makes exception for some abortions?” Does He? Is killing a baby ever right?

We must put on our spiritual amor for battle and stay prayed up, lest we allow the devil to cause us to believe in things contrary to the Bible. Let us not be like the Pastor when asked if it is a sin to live a homosexual life and he refused to say no and said only that God preferred that we live a different live style. When God said something was sin, He meant it. It was never about God saying that He preferred that we lived differently. He means it when He says, that if we persist in living in sin, He will turn us over to a reprobate mind and no longer deal with us.

We need not fear being swallowed up in the lies of Satan if we study God’s Word and playfully ask God to help us live in His truths. God honors marriage and He blesses marriage but our mates should never take God’s place. Never allow a person to become God in your heart and mind. We worship God always and we love and cherish our mates.
Betty
Enjoying tiny birds at the feeder.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3150 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 5, 2018
Happy Friday,

A long today and I am exhausted. As Christians we can become exhausted when the devil is fighting against us. We can be tempted to just want to crawl back in the bed and cover our heads. What do we do when we feel this way? We go to Jesus for spiritual rest. We live in a world where many do not want to hear the truth. When we share the truth of the Gospel, we may be face resistance. That is okay. Do it any way. Remember to pray for another. Jesus is coming soon. May Jesus find us working for His Kingdom, when He comes.
Betty

Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  (Matt 11:28 NASV)

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3150 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 6, 2018
Happy Saturday and Good Afternoon,

Living in a way that is pleasing to God, will not make you popular in todays World. If you stand up for the unborn, then feminist feel that you are an enemy to women. To be honest, I never understood that. After all how many female babies are murdered every day in the womb? What started out in the 60’s as women rights have gone from equal opportunities and the same pay has turned into hatred for conservative men and women. Women who stand up for the unborn babies are consider traitors the abortion movement.

I never thought I would see the day when the desire to be able to kill unborn babies at any time in the pregnancy would caused men and women to be filled with hate and cruelty toward anyone who disagrees with them. We saw this in the Brett Kavanaugh case and when he is confirmed and I am afraid the hatred is only going to grow stronger.

The evil that is growing in this world is so thick you can cut it with a knife. People so filled with hatred against anyone that disagrees with them that they can hardly control themselves. A man was filmed kicking a woman over and over, because she had a sign supporting Brett Kavanaugh. We as Christians, need to awaken to the world around us. We are gradually becoming an enemy to the people who disagree with us. Not because we wish them harm but because their hatred is growing against anyone who disagrees with them.

Let us awaken to the times we are living in and realize that signs of the times for the rapture to happen are all around us. Let us never go to bed without seeking forgiveness for our sins. Pray that the Holy Spirit will fill us so that we will not fear speaking the truth. Let us always be ready for the trumpet to sound.
At the same times let us seek spiritual growth so that we can withstand the temptations the enemy will come at us, with.

Too many Pastors and Christians have fled the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to accepting a new ‘gospel’ that is like milk toast; weak and without the truth. Pastors protesting for abortion must break the heart of God. Fleeing the truth to accept what is pleasing to the masses. We will need to be strong in our faith in God to be able to speak the truth in these days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 7, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Hubby and I had a bad night. Both of us awake until after 6 this morning. I prayed and I fretted and sleep did not come. There are some things we can change and some things we can not. The times we cannot do anything about our circumstances, we talk to God. We pray for others and we just relax.

Relaxing in God, beings peace. There is a reason for everything. We may not find out on this earth, but we can trust God. We can praise God in our circumstances. People are not always what they seem. People make promises they do not intend to keep or circumstances can prevent them from keeping their promise. God is always faithful and true. When we are going through things we do not understand we will be at peace if we trust God.

In a world that has turned its back on God and His Holy Word, we can easily be led astray by what the world believes as truth. As His children let us stand firm and anchored in God’s Holy Word. Let us not be led astray by what the world believes. God’s Holy Word will still be the truth long after this world no longer exist. This should reassure that we are secure in Christ. God’s promises are sure and true. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. His opinion about sin doesn’t change with the times.
Betty

Ephesians 6:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 8, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Search My Heart Oh Lord

There are times we do not know where we stand spiritually. I am not talking about salvation. We should be secure in our faith in God. I am talking about spiritually. There are times that we feel like have grown stagnant, not moving at all. Other times we wonder if we have taking some steps backward. Many times we can tell by the words that come out of our mouths, where we stand with God.

Luke 6:45 King James Version (KJV)
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Are the words coming out of our mouth bringing shame to our Heavenly Father? Are we making jokes that are inappropriate for a child of God? Are we gossiping about others? Do we have such a negative attitude, that people avoid us?

What do we do if we see ourselves falling into these attitudes? We go to Jesus. We seek forgiveness. We spend more time in the Bible. Never think that we are above falling back a step or two. None of us have reached perfection. This is why we lift up others up, who have falling back a step. The last thing we want to do is talk about someone who is having a bad time. God is not hiring a gossip columnist. Our job is to pray for one another and be encouragers.

As we lift each other up, we are lifting ourselves up. As we pray for one another, God sees our needs. Rejoice in the good things that is happening to fellow Christians and grieve with those who are suffering. Seek God’s will and pray for guidance from God to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 9, 2018
Happy Tuesday and Good Afternoon,

Is knowing that Jesus is God Enough?

James 2:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Salvation is not earned by works but salvation without work is dead. For true salvation manifest itself in works. When we are saved, we want to work for God. Salvation also manifest itself in life changes. If we are walking and talking like a sinner, are we truly saved? Are we under conviction when we sin? If not, we need to do some soul searching.

The closer we get to the end of the Church Age, the hotter our love for Christ should be. There is an old joke that asks the question:”Why is grandma and grandpa alway reading the Bible so much?” The answer is: “They are getting ready for their final exam!” Every Christian is one day closer to the rapture. At this point we should search our heart and make sure we are right with God. Tomorrow may be too late.

When the trumpet blows and the redeemed are changed and transported to Heaven, many “almost-saved” people will be in for a shock. They will cry out that they went to Church regularly. They had every intention of getting saved some day. They believe in God but He was not their Saviour and Lord. Just as you cannot be almost pregnant, you cannot be almost saved. You are either are, or you are not.

When we Christians stand before God, how many will be standing in shame because we never did any work for Christ? How many will be standing in shame because they compromised God’s Word? Today is the day to begin living in a way that is pleasing to God. Seek God. Ask Him to search our hearts. Determine to live as Christians, everyday and not just on Sundays.
Betty

https://youtu.be/akyGUYCn1k4

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2018
Happy Wednesday and Good Afternoon,

Who Am I?

Am I a trumpet blowing in the wind, seeking self gratification ? Am I seeking praise for myself or for God? God forbid, that I seek anything else but the will of God! It so easy to move from working for the Glory of God into the desire to seek praise for ones self. God called us to work for His glory and for His Kingdom. While it is nice to be told we did a good joy, it becomes a problem when our main focus is not pleasing God but mankind.

Self gratification can lead Christians astray. When our work becomes a performance for the audience rather then a tool used by God to reach the lost, we have lost our effectiveness. When Preachers flee from the truth of the Gospel to preach cotton candy, rather then the hard truth of the Gospel, they have entered the danger zone. When we water down sin, we weaken the Gospel. When week after week people hear a watered down version of the Gospel, they become comfortable in their sins. How can people be saved, if they are not convicted of sin?

Contrary to popular believe, Church is not always to be a place where we feel comfortable. Yes, Church members should make visitors feel welcome and there should be a comforting atmosphere, when someone enters the door. When the preaching starts, it must be truth, even if it makes people uneasy and uncomfortable. It is when they see their need of salvation, that they can be lead to repent. Without the truth being spoken there is no conviction. Without conviction, there is no desire to be saved. Sinners sitting week after week believing that God is okay with sin, are being led to hell.

As the time draws close let us flee from being political correct. No one will enter Heaven because they are politically correct. God did not call us to be PC. He said for us to be set apart from this world.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Being set apart and preaching and teaching the truth, will set us up for criticism. The devil does not want the truth to be spoken. Are we willing to stand for the truth in a world that hates the truth? If you are against abortion you are either ignorant or a person who hates women. Women who are against abortion are consider traitors by those who support the right to choose. The “right to choose” is a title picked by Satan himself, to convince people that abortion is not murder. No one cares about the unborn’s right to choose to live. We have indeed entered the time when right is consider wrong and wrong considered right.

Isaiah 5:20 “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”

Pray that God will fill us up with the Holy Spirit that we will have the courage to speak the truth in these days where the truth is hated. Pray that we bring no shame to God.
Betty
The tiny humming bird is still hanging around and making me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Heavenly Father, Majestic One

Even as Christians, we cannot understand all the wondrous and majestic qualities of God. We are limited by our finite minds. We see God through the lens of humanity. Nor can we fully understand the wonders that God, who knew no sin and is incapable of sinning still found it in His heart to love mankind. Human beings think nothing of stepping on ants and yet looking from Heaven we must be like tiny ants, to God.

Yet God does not look down at us, as ants. God formed mankind and breathed life into Adam. He put Adam to sleep and formed Eve with His Own Hands. Then He walked with them in the Garden of Eden. God talked with them and He knew them personally. Even after they sinned and were forced out of the Garden, God still watched over them. God knows every man, woman, and child. His Holy Spirit deals with every person calling them to repentance. In His great love, God makes Himself known to everyone.

Why does everyone not get saved? There are many reasons, but the problems is not on the side of God. It is mankind who resist the call of salvation. I read one time how a Barber was explaining to a patron why many people are not saved. His patron said that he was sure there was no God because all people did not know God. The Barber told the patron to look out side at the people who walked by with hair that was dirty and in need of a Barber. He then asked the patron does all those who need a Barber, but go without, mean that Barbers do not exist. The patron said of course not. The Barber said just because people refuse to seek God, does not mean that God doesn’t exist.

Just because mankind resist the love of God, does not mean God does not exist. Nor does the lack of love of people diminish the love of God for mankind.
Why does every one not go to Heaven? Men are sinners. If they refuse forgiveness they stay sinners. If everyone went to Heaven then Heaven would lose its glory. God would have to leave Heaven because He cannot live with sin. It is only through the the death and resurrection of Jesus can mankind be saved and salvation only comes when a person seeks it.

When you are having a bad day, remind yourself how wondrous and miraculous it is that the God of Heaven, loves you personally. Not only does He love you, He cares about the little things that bothers us. The greatest gift a person can receive is salvation. This should encourage us to pray daily for lost souls.

We are limited for now in how we see God. One day we will see God in all His glory and majesty.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 12, 2018
Happy Friday and Good Afternoon

Change My Heart

The closer we walk with Jesus, the more we should want to be like Him. As we walk with Jesus, we should seek God to look into our hearts and point out any hidden sins. I am so over wanting to walk just close enough to Jesus to be saved, but close enough to the world that I fit in. I am done fitting into the world’s idea of a Christian.

It is time that we Christians, embrace our differences from the world. Not because of our greatness, but because of the greatness of God our Heavenly Father who lives in our hearts. God forbid that the people we work with us, do not even know that we are Christians! How can God’s light of salvation shine through us if we are hiding His light from those around us? I am not talking of walking around with our nose high in the air, thinking that we are better then others. We are saved because God’s grace and not because we are superior to others.

When we rise in the morning we should pray that God will make us more like Him. Pray that we will live in a way that our actions do not bring shame to Jesus.
None of us have arrived and Satan is still here waiting to knock us off our feet. We do not have to give into the enemy. When Satan seeks to lead us astray, call out to Jesus. When sin tempts us seek help from God. When we do fall admit our sins. God knows what we have done. Stop as soon as you are convicted and seek forgiveness from God and turn from your sin.

When we make it our priority to live in a way that is pleasing to God, we will find peace. You cannot please the world and God and when you attempt to do so, you will be living in frustration and turmoil. Let people say we are Jesus’ freaks. So be it, better to be a freak for Jesus then to spend eternity in hell. Contrary to the world’s belief, Hell will not be one eternal party of drinking, drugs, and sex. It will be eternal torment. There will be no love, compassion, or kindness in Hell.
The Bible says to choose who you will serve. Will we serve God or will we serve self.

Change my heart, God! This is my prayer. Let it be a constant prayer from our heart to the ears of our Heavenly Father. May God open our eyes, hearts, and ears to His truth and His ways.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 13, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Easily Led Astray

2 Timothy 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

I always wondered about that verse about why God seemed to be picking on women. The last year has proved this verse is correct. Women wearing costumes that look like intimate parts of the body and taking off all their clothing at protest, show just how depraved women can be. These women have allowed themselves to be influenced by demons. They have allowed hatred to grow to point that they are controlled by Satan.

Satan has filled the hearts of women with such an evil desire to be able to legally kill the unborn that they have killed their conscious. They have influenced gullible men to participate in these protest. For now they are content to get into the faces of people who are against abortion and push and shove them. Do not be surprised when this elevates to blood shed. When you allow evil to grow in your heart, it will have no boundaries. The hate toward the Republicans and their stand on abortion has caused a rise in witchcraft. This is so sad.

Men and women are so filled with hate towards Republicans because of our stand on abortion and gay marriage. We seen that in the hearings on Judge Kanavaunh. This hate is only going get worse. The group antifa will grow in numbers. During the Presidential election, they filled pipes with cement and beat on people. The news did not mention that and instead focused on those protesting for the President. There are those who say that George Soros is financially backing antifa. Do not be surprised when their numbers increase and their level of violence increases.

It is time for Christians to put on the whole armor of God. To pray that we be filled with the Holy Spirit and equipped by God to stand up for the truth of the Gospel. We are living in the last days and Satan has increased his evil and his abuse of Christians. We can stand if we stay close to God and seek His help and guidance.
Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 14, 2018
Blessed Sunday and Good Afternoon,

There will be times when we do not understand why our prayers are not answered. Wednesday night I asked the Bible class to pray that we would sleep last night. Yet, hubby and I were both still awake at 6 this morning. I can not tell you why we are not able to sleep. Still in this time of not understanding the why, I can trust in God. I have walked with my Lord, long enough to know there is a reason why He does things. I can relax knowing His ways are better then mine.

At the moment I am pain, even after a pain pill. Eating potato soup because it brings warmth and comfort to my body. Just as the soup warms my body, God warms my soul and spirit with His love for me. Even when we are sick, God is with us. It is up to us to decide to abide in the presence of God, even when we do not understand why we are in painful circumstances.

All of us go through times of trials and testing. This does not mean that God is mad at us. It is through these times of testing that we really learn to know God, intimately. Let us close our ears to the devil’s taunts and focus on Jesus. Our suffering will not last forever. We will be healed, either on earth or in Heaven. Hold on to the truth of the Gospel and do not stray from the path that God has chosen for us.

Choose to praise God through our struggles. Choose to stay faithful to our Lord and Savior. We are so close to going home, let us not depart from the truth, this close to the end. In the midst of pain and despair, rejoice in the knowledge of our Heavenly Home that is awaiting us. Seek His face and trust in Him to get us from day to day. Remember that He that has saved us from sin, will never forsake or leave us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Even In These Times

Most Christians realize we are living in the last days, but this doesn’t mean we should live in despair. Even though sin is on the rise and Satan is fighting against Christians more then ever, we can have peace and joy. The peace and joy that God gives is not a fleeting, feeling but is a God given gift that grounds itself in our hearts and mind. In the midst of physical pain we can have peace and joy. Living in a world where evil thrives we can have peace and joy.

Do not be blind to the days we are living in. Stay prayed up and put on the armor of God, daily but do not allow Satan steal your joy and peace. Do like David and encourage yourself in the Lord. It may look like evil will win out but we have read the ending in the Holy Bible. We know that we are on the winning side. Take comfort in that knowledge and encourage yourself knowing it will not be long, until Jesus comes for His Own.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement