Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July, 7, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Rain drops glistening on the humming bird feeder and a breeze, waving the flags, gently in the air. I am relaxing and taking in the view from my windows. We do not even have to leave our home to see gifts of joy, God brings to us. So many times I take for granted the little gifts of joy that God provides me.
Yet, in God’s mercy and love for me, He does not with hold His kindness from me.
In His mercy He wraps His love around me and keeps me safe and secure.

Troubles, yes, we all have them. As we get older, our bodies begin to fail us, yet God in His love for us, walks with us, even when are steps are uneven and slow. He does not forsake us for younger and healthier people. True, we cannot do the work we once did and yet God blesses us for what we can and are willing to do. Our Heavenly Father is faithful to us from our birth and until our last breath. A companion like no others. He never gets mad and stomps off to another room. Even when we have a day where we are whining about circumstances, He is faithful and just.

God bring us little moments of joy. Sometimes we even chuckle at things that amuse us. I believe that God delights in our laughter of enjoyment. As we enjoy these moments and remember to thank our Heavenly Father for His gifts of joy that He brings to us. Let us praise God in prayer and in songs.
Betty

Psalm 9:1 King James Version (KJV)
9 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3185 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 8, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Sunday,

God Meets Us Where We Are, But So Does the Devil

When depression comes, God meets us and if we heed His voice, He will lead us out of depression. The devil meets us, too, but his mission is to tell us more things to be depressed about. God is our hope and our redemption. The devil seeks to be our destruction. We must choose. Do we allow God to lead us into the light or do we stay in the pit with the devil and his lies. God is truth. The devil is the father of liars.

The devil tells us to give up and that there is no hope. Our Heavenly Father says for us to take His hand and He will lead us back to the mountain top. What if God chooses not to heal us on earth? We then remind ourselves that His grace is sufficient unto the day.

2 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God can turn our despair into joy when we trust in Him and lean upon Him.
Even in sickness and trouble, God will lighten our load if we come to Him. Let us not be sunny day Christians, only worshipping God when things are going right. It is the paths through dark clouds that as we walk hand in hand with God, that our faith grows. When our faith grows and our trust in God grows, we grow spiritually. Just as we suffer growing pains in our bodies, we often suffer growing pains spiritually. Remember God never leaves us nor forsaken us.

In my distress, I call to you,
You welcome me with loving arms
In my pain I cry to you,
You wrap you arms around me, Lord.
In my despair, I call to you,
Oh! what, a mighty gift you are.
My God, my Savior, and my King,
Nothing can ever compare with you.
My heart rejoices in your presence,
Oh! What a mighty God you are.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 3185 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Guide Me Lord in Thy Paths.

The more I seek to walk in the paths of God, the more the concern is if I am truly in His paths. I realize this concern is not based on me losing my way, but the fact that the more I seek His ways, the stronger the desire grows in me. The more our desire to please God, the stronger the need will grow in us. This desire is a good thing and the stronger the desire, the better.

When we find our self coasting in our faith, the desire to be close to God, will begin to fade. We are courting danger when we are content to walk further away from God. Remember we usually don’t go from close to God to faraway from God. It’s over time that we move little by little. Often it is a crisis that allows us to see just how far we have moved from God. When we need God the most He seems so faraway. God did not forsake us, but we have begin to abandon His ways for our own.

God will take us back, but it will take time and prayer for us to feel the closeness we once had with God. It is so much better to seek to walk closely to God. We live in a world of darkness. The media honors sin and pity’s those who prefer to live in the truth of God. They use love and tolerance as their model, but look at the tolerance that they have shown for the President and the Whitehouse staff. The world we live in should make us cleave to the Lord’s side.

Christians walk into danger when we try to please God and mankind. We cannot walk close to God and the world. The closer we get to the world and her beliefs, the further we move away from God. You cannot please God and the voices in this world.

Matthew 6:24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We can and should seek daily to walk close to God and in His ways. When we do this there is little danger of us going off the path of God into believing the lies of the world.

Betty

Psalm 25:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalm 31:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 73:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Too Proud to Need God

One of the biggest reasons more people are not saved is pride. People are too proud to admit they are sinners. A swimmer that floats out to far in the ocean, often finds their in trouble long after the fact. Many people take pride in their sins. They do not need God, because they are content to live in their sins. There was a time that people hid their sins in shame. Now people flaunt their sins as if they were an accomplishment. They preach love and tolerance and yet they despise anyone who disagrees with them. Many people wish that Christians would either shut up or disappear.

They will get their wish one day. God will call His children home and In a twinkling of an eye, Christians will disappear from earth. The world will believe that they can then create Heaven on earth. Nothing could be further from the truth. The earth will see disasters that have not been seen since Egypt refused to allow the Hebrew people to leave.

Hebrews 10:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Those who are left on this earth will be those who rejected Jesus. God will pour out His wrath on these people. Even in those times God is willing to accept people who are willing to admit their need for God and turn from their sins. The Bible makes it clear though that people have hardened their hearts to the point that they will refuse Christ until they are forced to kneel at Jesus’ feet.

Romans 14:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

But it will,be too late for salvation.

Pray for lost sinners. Pray for our Country and Her Leaders. The time for salvation is now. God says He will allow those who knew the truth but preferred living in sin to be deceived by Satan and his anti-Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We are not children without hope. Our hope is steadfast in the God who created all things. Work with diligence until He calls us home.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

So Many Claim To Be Jesus

It seems every couple of months or so, we hear of another person claiming to be Jesus. If we do not know the truth we could be caught up with the many who follow these men. Jesus did not leave us in the dark about His appearing.
Jesus will not step on this earth until after the tribulation. At the rapture we will meet Jesus in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We do not know if those left behind will see Jesus in the air, but many will see people disappear. Co-workers, people who are watching live TV, and family members will see people disappear before their eyes. The Muslims believe that Jesus will come back in the last days and declare Allah as God. This will not be Jesus but a convincing fake.

Not only does the Bible tell us the circumstances of the rapture, it tells us what will happen when Jesus appears on earth.

Zechariah 14:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

We need not listen to every voice calling out that Jesus is here. We have been told what will happen when Jesus stands on earth again. We are not looking forward to the Second Coming. We are looking forward to the rapture when we shall join Jesus in the clouds. When Jesus comes back for the Second Coming, we will be with Him.

Revelation 19:11-16 King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Most mornings, the birds eat while I am still asleep. The feeders get emptied even though I don’t always see the process. Just like that God often works behind the scenes on our behalf and we do not see the work. We see the results, but for a time, we can wonder if God is working on our behalf. Satan likes to use these times, to whisper to us that God doesn’t care about us, telling us that God is ignoring us.

Ironically, it is the devil that causes issues in our lives and then he taunts, us that God doesn’t care. If we are not careful, we can get mad at God, instead of Satan who works hard to destroy us and our testimony of our faith. If Satan can discourage us, we become silent about the goodness of God. Our testimony because meaningless, when we ourselves have lost faith in God.

We can read the Bible see how many men and women of history that God was working behind the scenes in their life and they did not know it. If Joseph’s brothers had not sold him into slavery, he would have not been in Egypt. If the wife of the man who bought him had not falsely accused him, he would have not be in a position that God could put him in power in Egypt. All the horrible circumstances that happened to Joseph put him in the position to be used by God to save the lineage of Jewish people and the ultimate birth of Jesus. When things played into place, Joseph could see the reasons why things happened.

We may not know until we get to Heaven why tragedies happened in our lives, but we can know that God is with us and His ways are just and fair. It all comes down to us trusting God, even when we are in the dark about the reasons. We can be joyful even through the bad things in our lives when we put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

What can we do to please God? Be obedient and trusting children. Do not be quick to listen to the lies of Satan. Satan never has our best interest at heart. He is evil and evil is what he sows into the lives of people. We can resist the devil when we trust God.
Betty

James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 13, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

There are two birds fighting at the feeder. There are three separate feeders in a small area and yet they are fighting over that one feeder. They both left the feeders in anger, instead of sharing. We can also be that petty. If I can not have the big piece of pie, then I do not want any. If I can not have the big part in the Christmas play, I will not play any part of it.

Do we ever get upset when it seems God blesses others more then us? Even Pastors can wonder why some Churches have a larger attendance then their Church. We all can be susceptible to envy. Yes, we can be envious of other’s talents and their blessings. We need to be content in the area God has blessed us with. This does not mean we do not strife to grow spiritually. Pastors in small Churches are wise to visit their neighborhood and share the Gospel with others.
We just need to be content to grow where God places us.

When we seek God’s Will and follow His paths then we will live in contentment and peace. When we live in peace with God, His light will shine through. We must pray that God will protect us from allowing bitterness to grow in our hearts. Bitterness eats through us and can cause physical diseases in our bodies. No one wants to be around someone who is always negative and complaining.

We have so many things to be thankful. Let us take joy in what we have and not stress about what we do not have. When we let go of pettinesses and rejoice in our salvation and the blessings God has bestowed on us, we will be happier and be a better witness for Christ.
Betty

Philippians 4:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 14, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

The Battle Is Won

The devil can convince us that there is no hope. We can become so burden down that we feel like we are crawling through life like a snake on the ground. The devil can make us live in a sea of hopeless. The devil throws lots of stuff at us and we can lose focus on God. When we stop focusing on God the Author and Finisher of our faith, we become a victim of the devil and his demons.

God is calling us out of the miry clay of despair, into His joyful presence. God is calling us out of defeat into His victory. When our eyes are stuck in our present circumstances and not on the finish line, we can be come discouraged and want to quit. My dear friend, we are so close to the finish line. As Dottie Rambo wrote, we have come to far to turn back now.

Yes, I know we live in the present and not the future, but have we forgotten that God is with us every step? Have we lost sight of our Heavenly Father? Pray that God will open our eyes to see He is guiding us and walks every step with us.

2 Kings 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

My God, my Savior open our hearts to see that you have surrounded us with angels and we are not fighting this battle alone. Be gracious to us and allow us to feel your presence. For in the darkness of battle we can get lost behind the clouds of hopelessness and despair. Give us comfort and grace. Surround us with your love and give us hope in a world that gets more wicked each day. As you answered Elisha’s prayer, help us to see we are not alone.
Amen

Betty

--------------------

Jethro
Advanced Member
Member # 15162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jethro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in Jesus name.Amen. hi BettyLouis, i hope your feeling better, for the hope set before him he endured the cross.This is the hope i have for myself in my affliction which Christ gave me ,everything done and said, he will present us holy and blameless before God in love , to enjoy the beauty of the lord forever the God,who made the moon and stars and sun and all things.like you i see him in the beautiful creation he has made to think we are part of it. amazes me.

Understanding will keep you.

--------------------
jb

Posts: 80 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

JB,

Thank you. I have a lot of health issues. Several causes daily pain as soon as I wake up. Yet, it was through my suffering that God called me to write. Feeding the birds and squirrels has been my diamonds of joy. I pray that God will bless you for your encouragement.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

A Winner

Today’s world is into winners. I must admit fashion winners are not in my wheelhouse. A few months ago there was some kind of movie festival in Europe. Yahoo showed the pictures of those who they thought were the winners of best dressed. Most of the outfits, were so weird, that I would not leave the house in them.

Just as I do not fit in with today’s fashion, the world’s choice of winners, would not be consider winners by God. Remember when President Obama’s rewarded a medal of bravery to Ellen Degeneres for being the first sitcom star to come out as gay on the show. I think Ellen is a nice lady but her lifestyle does not fit in with the guidelines of the Bible. She would not be listed in the winners of faith in the Bible.

We are indeed living in the last days when what is good is consider bad and what is bad consider good. Living for Christ and being His light in a dark world will not make you a winner in today’s world. Jesus said we cannot serve two masters. We cannot be a world pleaser and a God pleaser. Already people in the world consider Christians ignorant. If you are against abortion and gay marriage you are considered red-neck hillbillies. If you vote conservative you are a red-necked hillbilly.

What do we do? We make up our mind to please God. He is our Savior and Lord. He is our friend who is always with us. Pleasing man brings a momentary reward. Pleasing God brings eternal awards. Hollywood’s darling today will be forgotten tomorrow. As God’s children, we will always be important to Him. He will not replace us with someone new. Let us strive to be our best for our Savior and Lord.
Betty
I refilled the feeders yesterday and they are empty today. I think the birds I have been inviting new birds to come. Of course this makes me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2018

“It’s All In Your Head”

Have you ever had a Doctor who seemed to dismiss your issue? When test came back negative, they assume that you are either exaggerating the symptoms are that the issues are caused by depression. You leave the office still dealing with physical issues but now you are depressed at not being taken seriously. In the 70’s I went to the Doctor with a sinus infection. I knew what I had, because I had issues with sinuses infections in High School. The Doctor told me and my husband it was my nerves and sent me home with Valium. The next day Hubby took me back to the Doctor with a 104 temperature. The Doctor agreed I had an infection.

When we go to God with our issues, God doesn’t have to guess the cause. He can see the cause of our issues and He does not dismiss us nor send us away with our problems unaddressed. God begins to address our problems, immediately . Spiritual issues are not often cured over night, but God begins to work through us to help us heal and grow spiritually. We can rest assured that what is important to us God, He will take seriously.

Knowing that God listens to us and His mind does not wander off, makes us realize that He loves us. Unlike when we leave the Doctor’s office, we do not get up from our prayers to walk alone. God is always with us. The more we trust in Him, the more we can feel His presence. The sweet communion we have with God gives us present comfort and hope of the future. Knowing our future will be with God for eternity gives us hope to live today through our difficulties.

God said we will have problems and difficulties. God has never promised us a smooth ride, wrapped in bubble wrap. It is the daily challenges and difficulties that allow us to grow spiritually. For those that suffer physically, we can wonder why God does not remove the pain and the symptoms that can be most challenging. God instead reminds us that His grace is sufficient to see us through. As we look back on our journey, we will see it is the physical struggles that has caused us to depend more on God and to grow spiritually. Would I want to go back to the person I was before I got sick? No! I did not know God intimately like I know Him today. Do I want to stay right where I am today spiritually ? No!

I must be willing to suffer so that I can grow spiritually into the person God wants me to be. Remember my dear, sweet friends, everything we suffer now will be worth it all, when we step into Heaven’s Gates. Let us remember the words of the Hymn that says: “It will be worth it all; when we see Jesus”.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2017

“No One Understands Me Like Jesus”

That was my daddy’s favorite song the last few years of his life. I look back on those days and I realize that my dad had carried a heavy load for so long. He was always a rock we could depend on and he never showed weakness. As he aged, we did not see that he was no longer as strong as he once was emotionally nor mentally. When you are the strong one, you do not know how to ask for help. I am thankful that he knew that he could call on God.

As I get older and my health declines, I understand more what dad went through. No parent wants to be a burden to their kids. Nor do we want to be that parent that is always complaining to their children about their health issues. It is wonderful to know that we can complain all we need to, to our Heavenly Father. He will never stop listening to us and unlike human parents, He actually does have all the answers.

Truly Jesus understands us like no other. He knows our physical, emotional, and mentally issues. He sees what no one else sees. Even more important, He knows our future. Because He holds tomorrow, He is willing and able to carry us through what tomorrow brings. We can rest peacefully knowing we are in the hands of God.

When we seek a closer relationship with God we find more peace and when we open our eyes and heart we can see the diamonds of joy that God puts in our daily lives. When devil tells us lies to discourage us, call on Jesus for help. Seek God through out the day. Seek ways to share the love of God with others. Talk to God through out the day. May God richly bless you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 18, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

The Catholic Church -vs- The Gospel of Christ

When we seek forgiveness from sin, we do not need to go to a Priest. When Jesus died the curtain that protected the Holy of Holies was ripped from the top to the bottom.

Mark 15:38 King James Version (KJV)38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

No longer would man need to go to a Priest for forgiveness. Jesus’ death provided a way for us personally to go to the Throne of God.

Hebrews 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Jesus was the precious sacrifice for our sins. Now we did not need a Priest to go once a year for the people’s sins. Every person can go to the Throne of God and in the Name of Jesus seek forgives of our sins. We do not need to Pray to Mary for her to seek forgiveness of our sins. We ask ourselves in the precious Name of Jesus.

John 14:13
Verse Concepts
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14
Verse Concepts
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Matthew 21:22
Verse Concepts
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

John 16:23-24

"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full. "In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

1 John 5:14
Verse Concepts
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

While the Lord’s Prayer was given by Jesus to teach us to pray, there is no benefit from saying the Lord’s Prayer multiple times. Saying the Prayer over and over does not bring us forgives of sin.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Matthew 6:7-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
[a]For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

We talk to God from our heart. Memorizing a prayer and saying it 25 times does not resolve us from our sin. It is the precious blood of Jesus. So a Priest nor does Mary have to be our advocate to the Father. Jesus is our advocate and we pray to Him. We make our request to Him personally.

1 John 2:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Test of Knowing Christ
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Jesus died to forgive us of our sins and to repair the relationship with God and man.

Romans 5:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2 Corinthians 5:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

Knowing that we can now go directly to Jesus for forgiveness of our sin, cutting out the middle man, we can be assured that God hears our every word in prayer, personally. A man can not offer absolution of sin. Only God can forgive us of sin. When we pray to God in Jesus’ Name, God hears our prayers and will forgive us of our sins.

God is not an ATM machine. We do not ask forgiveness of sin and then purposely get back in the mud of sin. Yes there we will be times we are repeat offenders, but forgiveness of sin requires a change in the way we live. We are no longer to live for self but live for God. We will not be perfect but God wants to strife to live Holy lives. Salvation brings a change in mankind. We should not talk and act like we did before we were saved. When we seek to please God there will be a change.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

When you are going through a situation, do not be surprised that the devil will hit you from more then one direction. If we have stayed close to God, the devil will fight harder, but remember, my friend, we are on the winning side. Multiple attacks cannot destroy us if we draw closer to God. The devil wants us to abandon our faith and get mad at God. When we determine in our hearts and mind that we will serve God to our last breath we can keep on going like the energizer bunny.

Remind the devil that our faith in God is not a jacket that we take off when we are not in Church. Our faith is a part of us just like our parts of our physical bodies. The devil make knock us down, but the Holy Spirit lives in us and with His help we will rise back up. The devil and his demons cannot defeat us if we hang on to our faith in God.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the devil is fighting harder now because he knows his time is short. Just like the devil, we know the times we are living in; the last days. We will hang on to the hand of our Heavenly Father. We will not allow the devil to defeat us. We will stand up for the truth of the Gospel. We will stand for our God and King.

The devil will get in a few licks and we will have the scars to show it, but he cannot steal our salvation. He cannot steal our hope in Christ. He cannot steal our hope of eternity with God in Heaven. Do not allow ourselves to get prideful. We are standing firm in our faith by the grace of God. All praise should go to our Heavenly Father.

We do not know what tomorrow brings. We do know who holds time in His hands and who knows all things; our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2018

I think a squirrel attacked the humming bird feeder. It is in two pieces on the ground. Have you ever felt broken emotionally and spiritually? The devil seeks to destroy Christians and their testimony any way he can. There are times we need to take a break from the work we do for the Kingdom of God, to rest our bodies and our minds. When we do this we should spend more time reading the Bible and praying. It is in the arms of God that we are revived. There is no shame in taking a time to regroup and be refilled by the Holy Spirit.

One thing is important is to take care of our bodies. We need proper rest and fuel. When we are exhausted, this makes us an easier task for the devil. This means we cannot say yes to everything, even Church work. We cannot give to others if we are empty. We need times that we rest our bodies and our souls in the arms of God. When we spend time in the presence of God, then are souls are filled. It is when we are rested and our souls filled with the Holy Spirit that we can then share God’s love with others.

If you are like me, you have trouble admitting that you have a need. There is something about us baby boomers that think it is a sign of weakness to admit we need something, even prayers.

I am going to go first. My breathing has really been rough this weak and the fibro pain has been making it hard for me to get around. I need prayer. Please feel free to post your prayer request and I will pray for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22,2018
Good Afternoon Blessed Sunday,

Lost and Alone

Every person has felt lost and alone, even Christians. Christians are not immune to times of uncertainty and confusion. In these times it may seem that God is hiding from us. This is a lie from the devil. We may not be able to see God from the clouds of the storm. His voice may seem muted due to all the noise of the thunder. The lighting can cause our hearts to fear. If we are not careful our faith in God can weaken.

Why does God allow us to go through these types of trials? It is not about punishment and it is not so He can test us. It is so we can know where we stand with God. Have we moved to far from God? Have we become complacent in our faith? God knows where we stand, but we need to know where we stand. We cannot improve if we do not know our weakness. Whether we pass the test with flying colors or fail, there is always something to be learned.

It is important that we are willing to learn from God and His Holy Word. It is almost impossible to teach someone who is proud and arrogant. It is scary to be vulnerable but it is in our vulnerability that God can reach us.

Lost and alone? Never if we are a child of God. He never leaves nor forsake us. Resist the lies of the devil and take our fears to Jesus. In our times of loneliness spend more time with God. God is waiting and willing.

James 4:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Betty

Put the humming bird feeder back together and refilled the bird feeders. Be sure and look for your diamonds of joy.

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shall Pray for Healing, God Bless You
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdu4510
Member # 15569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdu4510   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please Pray that I find steady meaningful employment. I quit my job in 2010 to look after my Mom who had dementia.I looked after Mom for over three years full time. During this time I developed SVT, racing heart, I could not work because of it and finally had surgery in 2015. Then I got work as a cleaner, but it is only on call work. In 2017 I had a heart attack. I have Healed pretty well from that but in January of this year Mom went Home to God. Been a rough few years. Sure would appreciate Prayer for steady work cause I'm not a kid anymore and getting up there and things are tight. Thank You All, God Bless.
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Jud,
I will put your name on my prayer list. Hang in there, Jesus is coming soon.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 23, 2018

Finding Peace In A Sinful World

We live in a world where true peace is rare and people look for it, but rarely find it. It doesn’t matter how rich you are, peace cannot be bought. People seek peace in mind numbing ways like drugs, alcohol, and sex. Fame does not bring peace. We have seen too many famous people take their own lives, in despair. Power does not bring peace. Real peace comes from God.

Living in the last days we see turmoil every where. People are constantly on edge. Sadly it is not uncommon to see on the news that a fight breaks out a restaurant because of mistake in the order. People live in fear and despair, not knowing that God is peace.

The world is living contrary to the laws of God. They do not want God involved in their lives or their government.

“In drafting the original platform, Democratic leaders had removed references to God (and to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel). They didn’t merely forget to mention God; in updating previous party platforms, they made a conscious decision to remove Him. When that decision was brought to the attention of ordinary American voters, outside the orbit of the Democratic Party apparatchiks, it was unpopular. It didn’t play in Peoria. Belatedly, the Democratic leaders realized that they should put God back in the picture. So an amendment to the platform was place on the convention’s agenda.”

The Democrats do not want to know how God feels about abortion nor gay marriage. God is nice to have around when you or someone you love is sick. It is okay to pray for comfort and help when the Nation is at war. Yet, they want God to stay silent about the laws of God that are broken in politics. If a Democrat today ran on the platform of no abortion and marriage between a man and a woman, they would be committing political suicide.

This world is against God and His Holy Word. The left and the right are rich off of dividing this Country. The more each side hates the other, the richer the people at the top get. Our Country has been forcing Israel to give away to her enemies plots of lands, for decades. They have forced them to give land to people who want to see Israel cease to exist. Israel has dealt with violence for so long because of what America and The UN has done to her. Is it not surprising that America and Europe are now divided and living with their enemy in their own borders? We are now reaping the seeds we have sowed. We have removed God from the Schools and the Courtrooms. We have scorn those who still believe that sin is sin and now we live in distrust and danger.

Yet, even in these days we can find peace of mind and heart. We can go to Jesus and seek peace from the God of peace. Some people believe a great revival is coming to America, I wish that was so. I believe America lost her chance Sept 11, 2001. If American had repented of her sins then, God would have healed our land. We allowed pride to keep us from admitting our sins against God. We as individuals can have revival in our hearts and we can find peace in the arms of God.

The Bible says that even in the Great Tribulation, people will curse God. Pride and arrogance will send many too hell. It is not so much individual sins but people being too proud to seek God and His Ways. Pray for this world and her leaders, keep your heart set on God and His Ways and rejoice for He is COMING SOON!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2018

Pride Goeth Before A Fall

Proverbs 16:18 New King James Version (NKJV)18 Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before [a]a fall.

Yesterday, I talked about how Pride keeps masses from excepting salvation. The pride of not admitting their sins and the pride of not wanting to admit that they need a Savior. Even when they admit they are sinners, some do not want to bow down to God and allow Him to be the Lord of their lives.

Satan was a very beautiful angel. Some believe that He stood over the Throne of God and was admired by other angels for his beauty. You could say that Satan was top of the Angels in his position. Yet, he allowed pride to over take him. He decided that he no longer wanted to be standing over the Throne but sitting in the Throne. He rebelled and with those he convinced to join him, they decided to over throw God.

Their attempt to over throw God was a failure and the devil and his angels were kicked out of Heaven. The Angel of Light became Satan and his angels become demons. Just as Satan gave into the sin of pride, so can we as Christians. We can start to compare our sins to others. Instead of weeping over our own sins, we try to find another Christian and compare their sins to ours. God does not grade on a curve. We must all seek forgiveness for our own sins.

How do we protect ourselves from pride? We remember our talents are a gift from God. If we have a voice of an angel. It is because God gave us that gift.
We are giving gifts so that we can work for the Kingdom of God. Let us not become prideful of our gifts. Our talents can be taken way from us in an instant.
When we work in the Church for earthly rewards, we will not be rewarded in Heaven. Remember earthly praise last only for a moment and then the crowds move on to someone new.

When we work for God and use our talents for His Kingdom we will find peace and joy. Of course we want to do our best for God, because we love Him. Let us rejoice in the Glory of God and His great love for us.
Betty

Isaiah 14:12-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Fall of Lucifer
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O [a]Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the [b]lowest depths of the Pit.

Ezekiel 28:12-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God:
“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
“You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 25, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

To Be Used of God

To be used by God for the glory of His Kingdom, takes personal sacrifice.
Not in only in the work itself, but the sacrifice of what it takes to get us to the place to be willing. In my case it took having a disease in my body. Often our fears get in the way. We feel we are not smart enough or our talent is not as good as others. Sometimes it is in our helplessness that we are willing to let go and allow God to work through us.

When we are willing to be helpless before God and allow Him to do His work through us, then God can use us. When we put too much self into our work, we are not ply able enough for God to use us. The work becomes more about us and what others think of our work. If we turn it over completely to God, then the criticism of others doesn’t hurt us. If we know we did what God led us to do then we can relax.

The work we are doing and should be doing is work to further the cause of Christ. God forbid, that our work be about impressing others. The rewards we are working for are not of this earth. It is our job to please God. Yes, it is great to know that our work has helped someone. When this happens we rejoice with them in the God who used us to touch another soul.

Let our desire to be pleasing to God. To be willing to work for the cause of Christ. To be open to hear His Words. We should pray daily that God will give us wisdom not only on what to say but the wisdom to know when to speak and when to be quiet. Pray for one another. The devil would love it for Christians to stop working for Jesus and to coast right into Heaven. We know that God wants us to work until the day He calls us home.

Please pray for my family. The devil likes to attack Christians in these last days. Like others we have been wounded but God is still in the healing business.
I pray that God will bless and provide His healing grace on all who reads this.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 26, 2018

We Are Never Completely Immune to Doubts

This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I told God that I could not handle a problem that Satan has brought my way. Truth is, I cannot handle it, but also the truth I do not have to. God is with me and He will help me. I had taking my eyes off of God and put them on my situation. Satan had push the situation in my face as soon as I got out of bed. Instead of stopping and praying, I gave into doubts. God in His mercy reminded me that He was not going to forsake me.

I do not know what you are going through. I do know that many Christians are being persecuted by Satan. Satan would love for us to lose our faith and hope, this close to the end. God says to hang on to His hand. He is coming soon. Let us pray for God to strengthen our faith and forgive us for doubting. Doubts sneak upon us like little foxes trying to steal our crops. We can thrive if, when the doubts come, we remind ourselves of God’s love and care for us.

Our faith is anchored in the Lord Jesus. If we keep our eyes on God, Satan does not have a chance to steal our faith and security. True we do not know what tomorrow will bring but He is the same that is with us today, will be with us tomorrow. Pray for our lost loved ones. It will not be long until Jesus calls us Home to Heaven.
Betty

https://youtu.be/X5g-Att0bmE

--------------------

jdu4510
Member # 15569

So true Betty
Doubt and depression takes our focus away.I've certainly been made aware of this from your post.Thank you and of course I thank God for showing this to me.
God Bless You

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

JDU,

I have been going through an issue all week with my family.
God answered our prayers at midnight last night. God is good.
Depression runs amok in my family, including me. I find relief when I stay close to God, but the devil likes to knock us around. In the end we can trust God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 27, 2018

Memories

Memories can be good and bad. The devil likes to bring up bad memories that hurt us. Even memories that over 20 years old can still cut our hearts. They are most effective when the memory pops out of nowhere in our minds. Sarcastic jokes made at our expensive, hateful comments, and lies told against us, make fodder for the devil to use.

The temptation is to allow the memory to grow and to dwell on it like it is a brand new wrong against us. The answer is to remember we have already grieved over passed wrongs to us and to give it to Jesus as soon as the thought comes to our head. We are not the same person we were at the time and neither is the person who wronged us. Turn the hurt over to God and rejoice in how God allowed the injury to help us to grow in Him.

Memories can be a blessing too. Loved ones who have passed on can be revisited in our memories. Spending a few minutes thinking of happy times in the past can revive our spirits today. Let us be careful not to spend to much time in the past. We have many blessings today that we can rejoice in. God is so good and we can feast in His love by reading His Holy Word and by talking to Him.

We want to spend our present growing in the Lord and working for His Kingdom. There are so many disasters going on in the world today. Wildfires have sprung up in many Countries. On one side of America there are fires and the other side there is flooding. The groaning of the earth for the return of Jesus is now more like a scream. We need not give in to fear, but become more mindful of the return of Jesus. When we realize how close we are, our prayers for the lost should grow stronger. We need not hide from the news of the day nor do we need to pretend that reality is not real. God is in control. We can trust Him not only for our individual lives but with the present and the future.

Let us seek to be spending the time we have left praying for the lost,and seeking the face of God for ourselves and others. God has won the war. God will not quit. We can face tomorrow knowing God is God and we are in His hands.

Revelation 22:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Betty
I saw the cutest video on Facebook yesterday. A squirrel had crawled into a hole of a bird feeder and put his head out the other side. He got stuck. The video showed all the work the man had to go through to get the squirrel out. It was funny and inspiring.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2018

Disappointment

Disappointment can come from many sources. Our mates, coworkers, kids, and other families members can disappoint. Guess what my friend, even God can disappoint us. It is not that He does anything wrong, but our expectations of what He is going to do, can cloud our vision. Sometimes He doesn’t answer our prayers right away, wanting us to wait on His perfect plan. Other times He says no, because what we want is not good for us. We can become disappointed in His answers to our prayers.

We can even become disappointed because the rapture did not happen when we thought it would. Every body is disappointed in their lives. It is what we do with it that matters. Are we willing to except the will of God or do we allow anger to grow in our hearts because of disappointment.

Waiting on the timing of God can be time to pray and study His Word. As we wait patiently on His plans our trust in God will grow. I would love it if God would send out a message to us telling when He is coming for us. Jesus has told us Himself that His Coming is know only by God. We will be at peace when we trust in God’s plan. We know we are living in the season of His return so this should inspire us to work for Him diligently.

The best way to live, is to live like there will be a tomorrow but be prepared for Him to come today. In others words pay our bills and make plans for the future but make sure every day that our hearts our rapture ready. The rapture is not a pipe dream. Jesus is coming back for His children. Do not lose heart or faith as we wait for His perfect time.
Betty

https://youtu.be/DoqbKyeKOBI

Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say, Amen and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
And praise the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Read more: Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm Lyrics | MetroLyrics

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Trust

I have been awake awhile, hurting. I was holding off taking anything because I wanted to go to Church, but the pain got too much for me. As I laid in bed I begin to pray and God gave me peace. I gave in to the pain pill and that is okay. God has a reason for everything. We can trust Him even when we do not understand why things happen the way they do.

The world has tragedies everywhere and yet, we know that God is still on His Throne. We need not fear what is going around us for God tells us to go to Him for rest and peace. As the song I shared yesterday said, we can praise God even when we are in the midst of a storm. Our circumstances do not diminish the power of our Heavenly Father. It is often in the midst of storms that we witness His great power.

People are fearful today and they are looking for something to put their trust in. Some people put their trust in having money. Some people put their trust in Political Parties, and some people put their trust in a god that is not of the Bible.
There are many false Gods. Some people today think that they can remake the God of Heaven in their own image. Others they think they can tell God what is sin and not sin. Even some Pastors seek to enlighten God in what is popular today.

We cannot change God. We need Him to change us. Our prayer should be like the song: “Change, my heart, God”. People change all the time. Today’s morality is not the same as it was in the 50’s and that is a shame. People may think having a progressive God who changes with what is popular is a good thing, but it is not. The world needs God to be unchangeable. A god that changes with each new age would not be trust worthy. We can count on the true God of Heaven, being the same through thick and thin.

God is faithful and sure. He stands firm and strong no matter how the winds change. We can trust His truths just as Abraham did. Sin is sin today just like it was in the days of Lot. We can please God just like David by having a heart that trust and believes in the God of Heaven. We can read the Holy Bible and know where God stands on sin and morality. Our hope is in the One who will never change or fail us. We can trust Him with our last breath on earth and we can trust Him with our first breath in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 30, 2018

My Idol

It is not uncommon to hear an entertainer name a person and say that they are their idol. I have seen entertainers bow when someone goes on stage and accepts an award. I am not saying they are worshipping that person, but they have put that person in a position that only God should hold. While it is nice to admire a person, we do not put them above God. Most Christians admire Apostle Paul, but we do not worship him or put him on a throne.

Sometimes we as Christians put self above God. We worship God only when He gives us what we want. If we do not get the thing we want our love for God grows a little cooler. If we are not careful, bitterness will take root in our hearts.
We forget that life is just a breath compared to eternity. The truth is salvation is so precious that if missing hell was all we got from God it would still be worth allowing Him to have His Will in our lives. But it is not all !

God wants to bless us in this life. He wants to walk with and talk with us daily. He wants to encourage us. He wants to guide us out of pitfalls. There are times that thing we what want so badly can cause us misery if we get it. It is God’s love for us, that says no to our request at times. Sure, it would be nice if God would explain why we can’t have it. Sadly even if we knew the truth we would still try to convince God that knowing the pitfalls we could get what we wanted and miss the mistakes.

We need to be careful about begging God for things, after He says no.
We may get something that can cause us to backslide. We need to go back to trusting God to not only save our souls from Hell, but to know what is best for us, here on earth. We should fear the Lord and honor His position as God of the universe.

Proverbs 9:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

We do not worship an idol made by human hands or people. We worship our Heavenly Father. In these last days, let us strife to be close to God seeking God’s Will in everything we do. When we seek the face of God and His greatness we will be able to walk in His Will and live with peace of mind and heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2018

Hope in a Hopeless World

It’s seems we do not go very long until we hear about a celebrity committing or attempting suicide. Whether they are a movie star a well know musician they had ended up losing hope. The dream that they chased for so many years did not bring happiness. All the sacrifices they made to achieve fame did not, bring joy and contentment. So many times they ran from the one thing that would have brought them the joy they craved and that is a relationship with Jesus.

We were created to worship God. We were made to follow Him. We can not replace the hole in our heart with fame, power, or fortune. God made us to be His companion. He loves us and He wants what is best for us. When we reject Jesus we leave a hole that we find ourselves attempting to fill.

When Christians attempt to walk to faraway from God, we too will experience that emptiness, that feeling of desperation. Jesus calls us to come to Him. Come to Him for hope and joy. The joy that God gives us, cannot be stolen by the devil. The closer we walk with God the stronger the hope and joy. At the same times, the further we walk from God, the weaker our joy and hope gets.

Psalm 119:81 King James Version (KJV) 81 My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.

Psalms 71:5 “For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.”

Psalm 43:5 King James Version (KJV)5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

As children of the God of Heaven there is no need for us to live in a state of hopelessness. We know the truth. We know the God of all things. Let us choose to step out of our hopeless state and into the presence of God. Let us rejoice in the God of our salvation and our Hope of Glory.

Romans 5:2 King James Version (KJV) 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Betty
We got some much needed rain. Let us not forget to pray for those who live in areas where there are fires.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 1, 2018

A new month and one month closer to fall. Like a lot of places, it is hot in Texas. Watching a breeze move the flags in the front yard is refreshing mentally. Knowing that fall weather is coming soon is encouraging. We can have that same encouragement, knowing that Jesus is coming soon. We can make it up one more mountain, knowing our work on earth will soon it. We can resist the devil, knowing our times of trials and temptations, will soon be over.

We are not climbing that mountain alone and if we seek the help of God, He will helps us resist the devil. Knowing that the devil uses our weakness against us, let us seek God every day to help us in our weak areas. Our trouble comes when we do not seek God and when we try to out wit the devil in our own strength. The devil has been fighting mankind for 4,000 years. He has known us since we were born. He knows what buttons to push to make us angry. We can resist the devil when we cry out to Jesus instead of allowing the devil to lead us into sin.

If you are like me, you live in anticipation for the soon return of Jesus. As Paul tells us, take comfort in knowing that Jesus is coming but also in knowing Jesus is with us here on earth. No matter what the devil throws our way we can go to Jesus for help. As we wait, let us not become complacent. Let us pray more, not only for ourselves, but for lost souls and for persecuted Christians. Let Jesus find us working for Him as we wait eagerly for His return.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 2, 2018

What Do I Treasure?

Matthew 6:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

What is important to us? Where does our heart seek joy? Seems simple enough and yet, sometimes we do not know the answer. We say that God is first in our lives, but is He? Just as we need to seek God to search us for hidden sins, we need God to show us where our heart is. We go to the Doctor for an annual physical to see if there is any issues with our bodies. We need to seek God to search us to see if there is anything impure in us. Have our motives become selfish? Has the goal of making money replaced God in our hearts? Have we shifted into coasting instead of working for God with a cheerful heart?

Although we tend to roam away from God slowly, at the same time, we are not always aware of our position in regards to God. Likewise our hearts can grow cool towards the things of God. Remember that God hates it,when His children grow lukewarm in their feelings toward God.

Revelation 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Now is the time to seek God to search our hearts. It is so much better for us to go to God now and seek His help in correcting the sins in our lives before He has to rebuke and chasten us. We do not want to be lukewarm when He comes for us. We joyfully wait with anticipation for Jesus to come for us. Let us also strive to be where we need to be spiritually when He comes. When we know someone is coming to visit, we get the house clean and ready for company. Let us seek to be living clean and righteous lives when Jesus calls His children home.
Betty
I have a humming bird at the feeder and two tiny birds at the bird feeder. I am blessed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 3, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Come to the Lord with your mouth full of praise, for He is worthy of all praise. Submit your life to Him, so that He can mold your brokenness into beauty. Come to Him with a willing heart, so that you can accept His will for your life. Humble yourself before God, so that He can build you up. Is this a step program to change your life? No my friend, it is way more then that. This should be the way we live our lives.

Our praises should come from a heart of gratefulness and not done as an obligation. Have you ever given a child a gift and they only said thank you after being pushed by their parents? This thank you, meant nothing and that is what you got from it; nothing. If we do not have a humble heart before God, our kneeling is for naught. If we are not willing to allow God to do His work in our lives, our prayers to be a better person are wasted.

My friend, are you going through a trial that you do not understand? Has your peace been replaced by confusion? Do you feel like you are walking through a desert with only tumble weeds for company? Is your faith being tested? If you are, you are not alone. I, too am walking the same pathway. Let us remind ourselves that we may feel lonely, but that is a lie from the devil. God is with us through these days of depression, confusion, and pain. Even as we struggle to keep our heads up, let us bring the sacrifice of praise to God. For truly in our dark times, praising God with all our hearts is indeed a sacrifice.

Our love for God is most tested when we walk through the fire, but our faith grows the most when we like Job, decide in our hearts that we will praise God, even if He would take our lives. It is easy to praise God on the mountain top where the birds are singing and the sun is shinning. Our true love for God is proven when we are in a dark valley where even the birds refuse to sing. Let us shine even in the valley. Let our hearts overflow with praise to God, even if we cannot see the sun. When we sing praises to God, here in the valley, we will begin to see God’s love for us, is here in the valley with us. The truth of our relationship with God comes out down here in the valley.

We will not always be in this valley. When we worship God in the valley we begin to see that God is working to transport us out if the darkness and into His light. Sing praises unto God, despite your circumstances. We will soon be going home. Until then let us worship the Lord God, wherever we are. Do not wait for the victory to come but praise a God as we wait with longing hearts for the victory.
Betty

1 John 5:4 New King James Version (NKJV)4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—[a]our faith.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 4, 2018

Exiting The Valley

Yesterday, I talked about our times in the valleys. Coming out of the valley, is a process. Rarely are we in the valley one day and the next day on the mountain top. With the strength given to us by God we crawl our way out of the valley. Just as the valley itself is a spiritual process so is the exiting process. As God moves us out of the valley, we can grow spiritually.

Our spiritual growth is determined by our trust in God. Do we allow Him to work in our lives? If we do not, we will face that same trial again. Just as when you fail a course in School, you have to retake it, we will go through the same trial again. If you do not learn 5th grad math, you will never learn 6th grade match. Growing spiritually is a process and each step we learn, moves us on to the next. There are times we have to go through the same trial over and over because we become angry at God and refuse to learn.

It is out of God’s love for us that He is willing to work on us. His work is for our benefit. Yes, my friend, there are times the trials are hard. There will be times we cry and we will get mad at God sometimes. It is not a sin to be angry at God, it is how we react to our anger. When we humbly go to God and talk to Him about our anger, He will comfort us and refresh us. Let us make it our heart’s desire to grow spiritually and to allow God to work in us and through us. We will be so much better for that.
Betty
A red wasp at the humming feeder. I scrubbed the bird bath and refilled it. I am ready for nature.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 5, 2018

The Finish Line is Near

My dear friends, we can almost taste the victory, we are so close. The fact that we are so close is why the devil is fighting so hard to discourage us.
The storm rages around us and at times, it is hard to hear the voice of God. Instead of allowing the devil to lead us down wrong paths. Let us, be more then determined then ever to walk closely to God. When we cannot see or hear Him, go to the Holy Bible.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.

God is the Word. We can always find God in His Holy Word. Take our doubts and fears to God’s Word and look for Scripture that deals with those issues. Talk to God in prayer. Do no minimize the fight and struggles we are in. Pretending that things are not as bad as they are, does not diminish them. Be honest with God. When we are fearful, tell Him. When we have doubts tell it to God.

Ask God for wisdom. Ask God for His Holy Spirit, to wash us in His Holiness. Seek daily for guidance from our Heavenly Father. Ask God to show us a light even a tiny light can help calm our fears. Run not from God but to His loving arms. I cannot stress how important it is to sing praises to God in the midst of storms. As we praise God, we will find our fears shrinking and our faith increasing. Do not be come discourage in this late hour, cling tighter and tighter to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 6, 2018

Sing To God A New Song

Psalm 96:1 King James Version (KJV)96 O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth.

Many times I take that verse literally. I sing a song to God, a song from my heart. Words made up as I express my love and appreciation to God, my Heavenly Father. Sometimes I can sing out loud, but many times I have to sing in a whisper or even in my head, depending on how strong my voice is at the moment.

Our Heavenly Father is a loving and gracious Father. Never does He critique our gifts from the heart. When we give our best and give it to God, we bless God out of our love for Him. He then in turn, blesses us,for our gift to Him. A song from the shower to God from the heart is a greater gift to God then a song with a 100 piece orchestra, if the singer is more concerned about impressing people. Let our songs to God, come from our heart. Let us seek to praise God and not to impress others.

When we rejoice in the goodness and greatness of our Lord and Savior, our song is indeed a sacrifice of praise. Let us open our hearts and rejoice in our salvation. For indeed the joy of the Lord is our strength.

Nehemiah 8:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

1 Thessalonians 1:6
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 2:19
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

My friends, let us rejoice everyday knowing our redemption is coming soon. We will be singing soon, in Heaven with the Heavenly Choir. I believe all of us will have beautiful voices in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 7, 2018

I filled the feeders and the humming bird feeder. I did not see any birds or squirrels around, but I have no doubt they are out there. In life sometimes, we do not feel God’s presence. We go through dry spells spiritually, sometimes. Just as I fed the birds and squirrels without seeing them, God, too, is working in our lives behind the scene. These are the times are faith is tested. Testing is for our benefit. If we find our faith lacking, what to we do?

Romans 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We go back to God’s Word. Do not be dismayed when you fail the faith test, but take corrected action. Studying God’s Word, is a privilege and not a punishment. As we see evil abound all around us, it is easy to become discouraged. The devil would like to tell us that evil is winning and God is withdrawal His concerns about what is happening. Did Jesus not tell us that in the last days things would be like Noah? Can we not see that we are in the last days. Women stripping off their clothes and screaming for the right to kill unborn babies. Parents raising their young to reject any kind of gender.

2 Timothy 3 New King James Version (NKJV)
Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, [b]unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

What do we do? We serve God every day. We pray that the Holy Spirit will protect us from the false Preachers, Prophets, and Teachers. The devil is working hard to get Children of God off track. Test every one who shares the Word of God with the Bible. If someone comes up with something new and quotes one verse that seems to back their teaching, go and read the whole text. Make sure they are not twisting the Word of God to go with their teaching. Teaching should be backed up by the Word of God. I believe it is a sin to twist God’s Word to teach something that is not Biblical. Remember, my friends there are Doctors who preform abortions who claim they are doing the work of God.
A true teacher is never insulted when you test what they say with the Bible.
Let us do as Paul said:

Ephesians 5:

Walk in Wisdom
15 See then that you walk [e]circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of [f]God.

Victory is ahead. Fear not for God is with us.
Betty

https://youtu.be/W8cJQMU9Q-U

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 8, 2018

Our Lost Loved Ones

The closer we get to the rapture, the more we should pray for our lost loved ones. If you ever have done a study on The Book of the Revelations, you know what is coming for those who miss the rapture. Knowing this, if our hearts do not burn with longing to see these we love, saved, we should ask God to search our hearts to see if we have grown lukewarm in our relationship with God. I am not saying we should become over whelmed with depression. We cannot save anyone. I have learned the hard way that you cannot shame anyone into Heaven. Yet still, our hearts should pray everyday for our lost loved ones.

Let others say we are obsessed with the rapture. The people of Noah’s day thought he was crazy, but he did not stop building the ark. Jesus is coming soon and the doubts of Christians and sinners will not change this. The closer we get in our relationship with God, the more longing we should have in our hearts to be in Heaven. We should talk to God and seek ways to share the Gospel with others. Let us not become angry over the little things of life. We can, out of anger put our family in turmoil over something that we will be forgotten in a week or so. My dear friends, let us focus on what is important. Ask God to heal the hurts in our hearts and give us a loving heart towards others. In these last days, may God help us to be gentle and kind in the way we deal with family and strangers.

The world is becoming more evil and while this should concern us because for now this world is our home, we should remember that these days were prophesied by Jesus, the Prophets of old, and Paul. We cannot change this sinful world. Yes, we should pray for the world and their governments, but remember everything is playing out just as God said it would. Invest your future and hope not in the things of this world but in our eternal home, in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast and immovable. Always excel in the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 9, 2018

Counting My Blessings

When we are going through a fiery trial, the last thing we want do is count our blessings. Yet, this is the perfect time to do so. We count our blessings to remind ourselves that God has answered our prayers in the past. He will see us through this trial just like He did in the past. Remember in days of the prophets of old, people made memorials to remind themselves that God was there for them.

The devil will tell you that God is not with us. That is a lie. God doesn’t leave us or forsake us.

Daniel 3:24-25 King James Version (KJV)
24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

In the midst of the trial God is there. We have to stop looking at our circumstances and look to God. Praise Him for all the times before that He was with you. Rejoice knowing that God is with you and will see you through your present circumstances.

Psalm 22:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Counting my blessings encourages me and reminds me that God is in control. Let our faith grow through a situation and pray for God to remove our doubts. Praying for others while we are suffering also will renew our faith. We need to remind ourselves that we are not the only one who are going through trials. Praying for others is a privilege and not a chore.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 10, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

We had a water issue a couple of days ago and that guy finally got out here to get the water out of the carpet and padding. The smell is so bad my eyes are burning and my head hurts. Puppy accidents and spills that had sank to the mat are now out and open. We too can have hidden sins and spiritual issues that we do not notice. This is why we ask God to search our hearts.
It may seem like it is better not to know but just as the carpet seemed clean to us and it wasn’t, so sometimes we think our soul is just right when it isn’t. It is better to get right with God now rather then when we face God in person.

Spiritual growth happens when we are willing to allow God to search our hearts and seek forgives for hidden sins. We not only feel better, but we will see spiritual growth from accepting responsibility for our actions. I have found in my life that God will often bring things to the light a few at a time. He doesn’t beat us up with everything at once. God treat His children with kindness and mercy.

We have so much to be grateful for. God in His great love for us, sent His Son to take our sins upon Himself so that not only will be reconciled with God but spend eternity with Him. We need to remind ourselves of that when we grow weary of working for God. Of course we need to rest and take care of our bodies. Let us strife to work for God out of a cheerful and grateful spirit. We will be rewarded in Heaven, for work we did for God because of our love for Him.
Betty

Have a tiny squirrel today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 11, 2018

Peace

We live in a world where people are searching for peace. Peace between Countries, races, and even in families. The devil likes to sow discord. Even political parties at times sow discord among the people to make them hate their current leader. We see this with the Democratic Party and their attempt to get rid of Trump. In the Middle East, leaders for years have taught their children to hate America and Israel, so they will not see that their leaders are robbing the people and keeping them in poverty.

The world rejects the one who is Peace: Jesus. Jesus is true peace. In arrogance the world rejects God and His salvation. Self pride and pride in their own selves have caused people to live in a world where people are hated because of their nationality and their race. God in His love for mankind would love it if the world would come to Him for peace and joy. Instead people of this world puts their trust in themselves, material goods, man made theology. People have rejected truth for a lie.

Even Christians have lost their way. Many seeking riches over faith. Seeking self happiness over God’s plans for their lives. Preferring cotton candy sermons over truth of the Bible. Prosperity Gospel offers short time happiness, but when reality hits, faith is lost. God did tell the Church to go and seek wealth and happiness the world gives. God calls us to take up our cross and follow Him. God gives us lasting joy. We cannot serve self and God at the same time. When we live to please ourselves, we have knocked God of His Throne in our hearts and replaced Him with self.

When the rapture happens will we be serving God or our own self interest? This is the question we must ask ourselves. Is God on the throne of my heart or is self? The time to correct this is now before the rapture. Come back to Jesus. Seek forgiveness of our sins and allow God to lead and guide us. Lay down self pride and take pride only in the work of God. Give God the glory and rejoice in walking closely by His side in His path.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 12, 2018

Storms of Life

It is storming here and the thunder is loud. Ironically, before I woke up I was dreaming I was caught up in a tornado and woke up when I heard a very loud thunder clap. It was kinda creepy to say the least. We have physical storms and mental storms in our lives. There are times that storms come with a warning: gathering clouds and storms that seem to come out of no where. One thing we can be sure of there will be no storm that God does not know about in advance. He is never sidelined by events. He is all knowing.

When we put our complete trust in God we can live in peace. Of course there are times we will be throw off guard. There will be times our faith is weak. When we have been ill for awhile in our bodies we may grow weak in faith. When we feel doubts entering our hearts run to Jesus. He knows our weakness and He understands when we doubt. We can choose to allow the doubt to grow or we can grow to God and read His Holy Word so our faith can be renewed.

Until we take our last breath of earth we need to be aware that the devil will fight to weaken our faith and to seek to lead us into sin. Knowing this is not a cause to fear, if we know that God will be with us through it all. Remember we are in a battle with the devil but remember God has already defeated the devil.
Put on the armor of God everyday.

Ephesians 6:10-18 New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Rejoice my friends in knowing that the God of Heaven loves you and He cares about your fears and tears. He rejoices when you are able to overcome sin with the help of the Holy Spirit, who lives in your heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 13, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

I have fed more red wasp with the humming bird feeder then humming birds. That is okay. Red wasp are still part of nature. God sometimes changes are plans. We start to leave for work and the car doesn’t start. We get ready to leave and we cannot find our keys. These little inconveniences can give us a sour mood. If we are not careful we will pass this sour mood on to others. Do we ever just stop and talk to God? Do we trust Him to have a reason for why things happen the way they do?

For years I have reacted to issues in a panic or anger. God has been working on me. Have I arrived where this will not happen again? Of course not. As the children’s song said: “God is still working on me”. When we seek God to show us our faults, He will do so. God wants us to trust Him to work in our lives. We do not want to stay baby Christians. We want to grow in grace and rejoice in the work God is doing in our lives. Let us take no pride in our work but pride in Our Heavenly Father, who is willing to work through us for His Glory.

A new week to work for God. A new week to seek spiritual growth. A new week to sing praises to the Lord. Be blessed my friends and keep looking up for Jesus’ return.
Betty

Psalm 33:1
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.

And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psalm 40:16
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 14, 2018

There will be times that we feel empty. Empty: physically and mentally. We can become overwhelmed by too much work and not enough rest. We can be weakened by sickness and disease. In those times we do feel week, we need to refuel in the Word of God and through prayer. Weakness is not punishment from God, but a reminder we cannot keep giving out when we fail to put in. We boldly go to the God and seek to be filled by the Holy Spirit.

We pray for God to fill us with His love and joy so that we can then share God’s love for others. We pray that God will give us a righteous love for all people. We are to never hate others. We are to be offended by sin, but not the sinner. It is hard sometimes to divide the anger. We tend to be angry at people and the sin. When we see those who brag about killing their unborn child it is so easy to be filled with hate towards them. We need to take a step back and realize that person has given themselves over to the devil and the devil’s lies. Those who commit the worse crimes, need the most prayers.

Let us stay as close to God every day as we can. Pray every day for God to fill us with His love and righteousness. Pray that God will give us a heart of compassion for sinners. As we grow closer to God, let us seek to be all that God wants us to be. The devil is fighting harder as time grows to a close for the Church age. This means the Church needs to be prayed up, fired up, and grounded in the Word of God. Test everything you hear with the Gospel. The devil puts just enough truth in his lies so that he can deceive us. Test every teacher and Preacher against the Word of God. Pray that God will fill our hearts over flowing with His love for Him and others.
Betty
Bird feeders are empty. Got work to do.😀

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 15, 2018

“Scoffers”

Those of who watch what is happening in the world and search the Scripture, can see it is close to the end of the Age of the Gentiles. Do not be surprised that there are those even Christians who disbelieve that this is true.
Sometimes it is because that they are so content in their standing in the world that do not long for Heaven. Often people are walking so far from God that their souls do not long to be in His Heavenly presence. Christians are sadly become lukewarm in their relationship with God. A very dangerous place to be.

2 Peter 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

People who refuse to judge the times, are not a surprise to God. He warns us of that in Book of Peter. I watched a video today that shows the 7 signs that we are living in the last days. A person who posted rejected the idea and then cursed the person who reached out to them in love. It does not matter what the world thinks about the rapture. Nor does the fact that some Christians, reject the pre-trib rapture. What we believe or do not believe will not change God’s mind.

Why did God warn us of the times? So that by knowing the times, we would make sure we walked close to God and pray daily that we will be constantly filled with the Holy Spirit so that our cup over flows and touches others with the love of God. Seek Godly wisdom so that we react with others in a Godly fashion. Let others see Jesus in us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Love Story

The most beautiful love story ever told is not between a man a woman. It is a story of love between God and man. God knew before He created Adam, that he would sin. Yet, God chose not to make man a robot. He chose to give mankind the freedom of choice. Love is not true love it is not freely given. Mankind gives love but if the other party cheats on us, we have a tendency to move on to another person. God in His perfect love, gives us more and more chances. When we put money or personal happiness above God, He doesn’t give up on us. God still call us back to Himself. When we choose to be reconciled to God, we have the sweetest family reunion, ever.

One day we will join God in Heaven. Our feeble love we have known, now will have grown into perfection. No more will we have to fear sinning. We will be in our glorified bodies and sin will just be a memory. We will no longer need to have to have faith in Jesus because we will know Him face to face. We will know Him just as we know our own hands. This will be greater then walking on streets of gold. This gift will more glorious then then beauties of Heaven. To walk and talk physically with Jesus, what a true glorious miracle!

For now, we see God through faith, but still God makes Himself known to us. We feel Him in our hearts. He talks to us through our minds. When someone ask how we know God is real, it is because He walks and talks with us daily. God gives us the faith that allows us to know Him, but one day we will not need faith. Faith will cross over into perfect knowledge when we see Him face to face.

There is no other love like the love of God. He loves us with a perfect love. He never withholds His love from His children. His love feels us with perfection. Because of God’s love for us, we can wake up with peace and go to bed with peace. As the song says “What marvelous love!”

My heart longs for the soon return. Just as a Bride years for her wedding day, so should the Church yearn for the rapture. Never allow your heart to venture into not caring if Jesus comes today or 10 years from today. Do not allow your love to grow lukewarm. Let us year for the return of Jesus just as John did.

Revelation 22:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 17, 2018

Faith

Hebrews 11:6 King James Version (KJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 12:3 King James Version (KJV)3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Every man and woman has been given a measure of faith. Why does many say that they just can’t believe there is a God? They have allowed self pride to smother their faith. If you go to gym and you build up muscles and then you stop going and stop exercising, your muscles will grow weak and turn into fat. When you refuse to listen to the Word of God and refuse to feed the faith you have,it will die. There comes a time when a person over and over rejects God, that they will no longer hear the whisper of the Holy Spirit. There will come a time that they have rejected the call of God in their lives so many times that God will no longer call out for them.

Ephesians 4:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This is why God says today is the day of salvation

2 Corinthians 6:2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

We do not what tomorrow holds. We do not when it is our time to die. We can be assured that if over and over we reject the call of the Holy Spirit to salvation, that the day will come when salvation will no longer be an option for us.

Romans 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV)17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith is like a muscle and the more we use it the more it grows. As Christians we should seek to grow our faith in God. The more we study His Word and listen to someone else teach His Word, the stronger our faith will grow. The closer we are to God, the more we will want to please Him. As we grow closer to God we will be more at peace in our lives. No! I am not saying we will never be under attack by the devil. In fact, the closer we get to God the more the devil will seek to sidelines us. When we are under attack go to God first and not as a last result.
Dear friends, how many times have we added to our suffering because we tried to fight spiritual battles on our own? We must remember though we are mortal our battles are often spiritual.

Colossians 1:10-12 New English Translation (NET Bible)
10 so that you may live worthily of the Lord and please him in all respects—bearing fruit in every good deed, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might for the display of all patience and steadfastness, joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the saints’ inheritance in the light.

Faith! Let us take the faith we have and seek to enable it to grow. The more we trust in God the more our faith and trust grows. Do not listen to those who say God is not interested in His children’s lives. God does care about things that upset us. We go to God and we seek His help. We praise God for the measure of faith that He has given us and then we pray that our faith may be strengthen in the grace of our Lord Jesus.
Betty

https://youtu.be/M-zrj-pRoV0

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 18, 2018

God Given Talent For God

Let us, when we work for God neither belittle our work or become puffed up, because of it. All talents are God given. We might say in our heart that we work hard to develop our talents, as we should, but the gift was God given. My sister and I both took piano lessons for over ten years. My sister could make the piano keys sound like bird singing. My playing was never that good and when I played in front of people I had panic attacks. Beverly has a God given talent.

We use our talents not to preform for people and applaud us, but for the glory of God. When we do so God will increase our talents for the work of His Kingdom. Have we prayed for God to reveal our talent to us? Usually it is something we enjoy doing. God puts the nugget in our DNA and we prayerful seek to grow that talent. Often it is the struggles and dark valleys that causes our talent to blossom. Everyone can sing praises to God. Of course all of us are not able to sing in front of people but we can sing as we drive in the car and work around the house. God is not impressed by how well we sing but how much of our heart is in the song.

When we accept the truth, that our talent is God given then we can humbly ask God to enrich our talent for His glory. I pray for God’s wisdom to write His truths. Each day as I sit down to write, I do so without an agenda. I open my heart and mind and allow God to speak. I have heard a singer say that had another song planned but God laid a different song on their heart that morning.
That song that they sang touched more then one person that morning. God knew what we needed and provided. When we are open to the calling of God we can allow God to use us to be the answer to other’s prayers. When we use our talent for the Glory of God then we become a willing vessel for the Kingdom of God.
Betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty!

[thumbsup2]

Posts: 6734 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement