Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 21)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

As I walked around the front and back yard putting out feed for the birds and squirrels, this morning, as I do most mornings, I looked up at the sky and asked God, if this was the day He is coming back for His children. I admit, because of having 4 health issues and my age sometimes my cry for His return, is for selfish issues. I am looking for my new body, free from disease and pain. Yet, there are many morning like this morning when my heart is yearning just to be in the very presence of my Lord and Savior. To be able to kiss the scars that Jesus suffered for my salvation and thank Him as I look in His eyes. What a day that will be for all Christians. Paul tells us in God's Word, that God wants His children to yearn with hopeful hearts for the return of Jesus. There is even a crown rewarded to those who long for the return of Jesus.
It is not selfish to yearn for the return of Jesus. As we wait though, we must use our time wisely. Praying for the lost, sharing the love of Jesus with those you meet each day and asking Jesus to use you for His glory.

Today as you go about your day ask God to bring to your mind, those you should pray for. With the Lord's help seek to live each day in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. When you do act in a way that is not pleasing to God, seek forgiveness from God and anyone you might have hurt. In a rush rush world,
it is easy to let unkind words slip though your lips. Always swallow your pride and apologize. Most of the time people will be shocked that you took the time to apologize and be gracious. There will be those times that your apology will not be accepted, just move on and pray for that person. Remember hurting people are not always able to accept apologies and may incapable of forgives. In the world today there are people who have given their hearts and souls to evil. They are not capable of love. Do not interact with these kinds of people anymore then you have to. Their hearts are cold and evil and they will not accept kindness and love. Pray and leave these in the hands of God. There comes a time when people have embraced evil and rejected God to the point that God has allowed them to go into perversions and their own destruction. As evil as the words that pours out of their evil hearts much more evil is deep into their hearts and souls. The less time you are around these poor souls the better.
Betty
Have a blessed day and enjoy those you love and seek ways to share your love with others.

https://youtu.be/7DG052rsP3Y

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

This morning the feeders have little birds enjoying a meal. I like all birds but I am kind of partial to the little birds. They seem like babies even though they are not. Sometimes in life we deal with adults who still have qualities of children who have not learn any better. Selfishness, pride, greed, and just plan stubbornness sadly can affect Christians as well. Dealing with these kind of people if we are not careful can bring out the worst in us. We can react in anger and frustration and if we are not careful, unChristian words can slip through our lips. Often we are less then patient when we are going through are own issues and are physically and emotionally tired. Sometimes the best thing we can do is step away for awhile and pray. Pray not only for them, but for ourselves. The reality is, we can only change ourselves. We cannot change others. God will work on people and He will deal with His children who are bearing fruit that is contrary to what He desires. To our dismay, He will not knock them in the head and tell them to knock it off. Change for everyone takes time. Often we have to be patient while this change takes place. What do we do during this time? Well, yelling suggestions to them doesn't work. ( I have tried that😏). What we do is seek God on ways that we can improve our own life. We use this opportunity to grow in grace and love in Jesus. We seek comfort from God when these types of people wound us and we wait patiently for God to work in their lives just as He is working in our lives. Even if a person we love refuses to change, we remind ourselves that we are not personally responsible for the spiritual life of even those we love. Then we keep on being the child of God that our Heavenly Father desires us to be. We stop worrying about the future and we trust Him for today and tomorrow.
Speaking for the future, we should pray for the election, but do not lose your faith no matter who wins. I may be wrong, but I believe the only hope for America is for our Country to declare a time of mourning before the Lord and change her direction. From watching both conventions, it seems to me that their is a lot of self pride on both sides and neither party willing to humble themselves before God. Remember God has a plan and no matter who wins, God will not be shocked or afraid. God knows the future and who ever wins, it will be because God allowed it. Of course pray and vote, but your hopes are not on a man or a woman but in God. Our faith in God should not falter no matter who wins the election. Yes, it may become harder to be a Christian and our freedom of Religion could be affected, but they can not touch your soul.
Matthew 10:28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Be strong in the Lord and trust Him in all situations.
Betty
Ever day look for diamonds of mercy that God sends your way and take joy and comfort in that.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Yesterday, I had a procedure done at the hospital to see why I have had a health issue for the last 18 months. This was the second try to find the problem. In the process, I lost part of one of my front teeth. I knew the tooth had issues but I was not prepared to be woken up in recovery and told of the tooth loss. At my first response was to ask God, why? Then I reminded myself, I had woken up, I was still alive and had a lot to be thankful for. Many times and I know I am guilty we are quick to ask God why things happen and not even notice that in the midst of everything God was with us. Yes, I will have to have the little bit left pulled but life doesn't end with a loss of a tooth. Most of us can acknowledge that we have many things to be thankful for. We have a roof over our head and comfortable bed to sleep in without fear. So many people in the world would think they were rich if they had what we have. Even with health issues I know that I am indeed blessed. My soon to be daughter in law took me and stayed with me and hubby. Her gentle sweet spirit made things so much better and I was so blessed when she led a prayer for me. My son came to check on me at his lunch hour and brighten my spirit.
None of us knows what tomorrow may bring but let us try to remember in those times of trouble that we are not alone. God is with us and many like me are blessed to have loving family.
Of course turning on the news, we are reminded that things in this world are not good. Jesus told us when we see the things that are happening now to lookup for He is coming back soon. So try not to allow the things going on around you to discourage you and remind yourself that you are a child of a living God who loves you.

Luke 21:28New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Betty
A woodpecker and a squirrel this morning

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Sometimes it is the one you think will be there for you, in your time of need, who is not. They may be there physically but they are not supporting you emotionally. Their words can even cut you when you are most vulnerable. Yet we have a Savior, who is with us through every thing and all the time. When the ones we love, fail us we can go to God and seek for healing and peace. When our brain is running like a hamster in a wheel, our thoughts can be so tumbled that we cannot even understand our own thoughts. God does understand and we can ask Him to slow down our brain and help us focus on Him. There is a peace when we stop and spend some alone time with God. Let go of what hurts you, ignore the words of those who cause you pain and focus on the one who will never leave you. People cannot always be there but God will never leave you nor forsake you. Put God first. Yes we should be good to others, but God should come first in everything. Forgive those who are not capable of being there when we need them and take heart in the One will always be there.
Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

May you blessed today by the knowledge that no matter what you are going through, God is with you.
Betty
Very small squirrels are enjoying the feed this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

2 Cor 12:9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I was ill a good portion of the night and even though I slept till 11:00 a.m. this
morning, I am weak in my body. We can feel weak in our soul and spirit. Yet, God tells us that it is through our weakness we are made strong through the Holy Spirit.
When we are sick physically, we need to stay closer to God. In our illnesses, the devil can find an opening to speak doubt and fears in our hearts. Telling us no one cares, which is a lie. Telling us that God has forsaken us, also a lie. Every Christian faces those lonely times. Sometimes it is in the hours when everyone is asleep and we are sick. Other times it can be when a trial seems unbearable, but we are never completely alone. God is with us and we can count on that just as we count on there being enough air in the atmosphere to breath. David said that he encouraged himself in the Lord and we can also. Don't fight against your weakness but open yourself up as a vessel for God to fill. Seek His face in those dark hours and you will experience the peace that only God can give.
Betty
When you are able take a short walk, even if it is just in your neighborhood and enjoy nature and as you walk pray for yourself and others. No prayer is ever wasted.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Matthew 5:45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Everyone becomes discouraged, Christians and non Christians, alike. Sometimes, it is like me this morning. Being ill in the early hours on Sunday morning and missing Church two weeks in a row. I feel lonely and misunderstood and all the other things that attack a person's mind after being awake most of the night struggling. Yet as a child of God, I have a source to go to. A source was with me even in the early morning hours when I felt so alone. The devil would like to convince us that if God was with us, we wouldn't be sick, depressed, and confused about our circumstances.
Yet, the Bible tells us that everyone has good and bad things that happen in their lives.
It is in those early hours of the morning when it seems everything is so dark, that we must reach out to Jesus and talk to Him about our concerns. God has not abandoned us. It is us that have turned our hearts away from God. It is often in the darkest of nights that we learn truths of God's love for us. When we seek that tiny light that is pointing us to the way of truth and righteousness. The closer we pull ourselves toward God, the brighter the light will shine. We may wonder why doesn't God drag us toward Himself. It is because He wants us to choose Him. If you make your child say that they love you, their words mean nothing. It is only when your child chooses to express their love for you that your heart glows with happiness. We, too must choose to love God in the midst of the storm. When we do, we will not be disappointed. Whatever your circumstances are today, choose to love God and walk with Him. Even as the winds blow and the hail pounds, He will not forsake nor abandon you.
Betty
A few squirrels outside and a red wasp in the kitchen. I have been trying for two days to encourage the wasp to got outside. I prefer not to kill it. So far it is maintaining its distance from people so I am allowing it to live.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Matthew 6:27-29
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.

We can spend hours worrying and fretting over things we cannot change. This morning I woke up, but laid in bed for an hour worrying about a previous Church I went to. The Church was started by a elderly Pastor who preached the truth of the Gospel. When he and his wife became ill, he had to retire. The new Pastor is preaching ways that would have made the previous Pastor sick in his spirit. The new Pastor is a die-hard democrat and he is telling the Church to vote democrat, in-spite of the democratic stand on abortion and gay marriage. I laid in bed this morning worrying about this Church and her members. I would pray and then go back to worrying. This went on for an hour. I even tried to come up with ways in my mind to fix things. God forgive me for thinking I can change people. Only God can change people. We should never stop praying for people, but we must lay aside the belief that worrying can fix anything. God can bring conviction to the new Pastor or He may choose to move people on to a righteous Church. My job is to pray and leave it in God's hands.
The reality there are many things in our lives that we cannot change. It is only when we give it to Jesus that we can walk away with peace in our hearts and our minds. Never give up praying for others but do not carry burdens that you are not meant to carry. Change can come, but it will not be my human hands.

Whatever load you are carrying today, leave at Jesus' feet and trust Him. He will not fail us.
Betty

This morning son and daughter-in-law worked in the yard for hours. It looks great.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

2 Peter 3:18King James Version (KJV) 18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Our relationship with Christ is supposed to be a growing one. We should be developing as mature Christians. Yes, we become tired and overwhelmed at times, but if we do not grow in the Lord, we are limiting ourselves. We miss out on where God wants to take us, when we demand milk instead of the meat of the Word of God.
Our spiritual journey is incomplete because we refuse to walk in God's Way, insisting on being carried as if we were a baby. May God forgive us! Not only are we missing out on the marvelous journey God wants to take us on, but we are displeasing our Heavenly Father. How sad it will be in Heaven for God to show us great plans that He had in store for us but we missed out because of fear or stubbornness!
The journey God wants for us is not always smooth pathway of soft grass beneath our feet. Often it is rocky with thorns and pits that scare us. We forget that we are not alone on our journey and that we travel with the Holy Spirit in our hearts and Jesus by our side. It is often during those times that tries us, that we grow spiritually. We must remind ourselves that there is a reason God does anything in our lives. God is incapable of making a mistake. If He has us spend time in the valley or climb a steep mountain, there is a Godly purpose. When we are willing and obedient children, we will grow in grace. When we accept His will for our lives then we can find peace in all circumstances. This doesn't mean, an attitude of "I can't change anything, so I might as well accept my circumstances". It is attitude of trust. Trusting God even in the midst of physical or emotional pain. Placing your questions at the feet of Jesus and working every day to live in your circumstances with a heart of love for God and others. When we put our trust in God, He will not fail us nor forsake us.
Seek to do as Peter said: seek to grow in grace and in wisdom. God bless you and your family. Whatever you are going through, I pray God will bring you peace.
Betty
2 squirrels in the feeders and a blue jay earlier. We bought more bird seed, yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Philippians 1:6King James Version (KJV) 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

The mind is one of satan's favorite play grounds. He likes to cultivate weeds in our garden and the mind is where he works best. With Christians he likes to sow the seeds of doubt, the seeds of depression, and the seeds of judgment of others. Sometimes a thought will come out of left field, so to speak, a thought that has not been there and it takes us by surprise. We can honestly ask ourselves, "Where did that come from?". It is not the thought, that is sin, it is what we do with the thought. Do we dismiss the thought immediately or do we play with it awhile? The reaction can be victory or a sin. We choose our response. If we reject the thought immediately, we have a victory over satan. If we play with the thought over and over for a time we have given satan a victory. The more we entertain the thought, the bigger the victory we give to satan and the larger our sin grows. We cannot stop satan from putting thoughts in our head, but we can choose to reject evil thoughts.
Sometimes other people can sow a thought in our head. When someone makes a sinful remark about a person, we are free to decide what our response will be. When someone shares gossip about a fellow Christian, you can nip it in the bud by saying to the person, "let us stop and pray for that person" and then do so. Do this a few times and you will no longer be the person to go to, to spread gossip. Besides, what better reaction is there then to pray for those who are struggling. Another thing, do not use prayer request as a time to spread gossip. It is possible to ask for prayer for someone with out spreading gossip. We can ask for an unspoken prayer request for John without using the prayer time to trash John. Let us seek to cultivate a garden with lovely flowers and not with weeds and thorns. We can pray for those who are hurting with out spreading hateful gossip about them. When we seek to please God we will find peace in our lives.
Betty
This morning I was blessed with a squirrel and a few birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Proverbs 3:11-12King James Version (KJV)
11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

As a child, I never appreciated discipline and as an adult, I am still not crazy about it. Even when we know God disciplines us for our own good, it is not something we look forward to nor appreciate the experiences. Yet, just as a plant in a garden needs pruning, so do we as Christians. Just as the flowers and plants thrive and grow stronger through discipline, so do we as children of God. Of course our situation is to obey God and His commandments and suffer less discipline, but there will be times we need pruning. It is easy to get off track. Many of my friends and family members still work. Work is great and it provides money for your household, but sometimes work prevents us from taking the time for Bible Study and prayer. When this happens we lose our focus on God and can easily be more focused on our problems. This sometimes brings discipline from God. It is not that He doesn't appreciate our need for work, but He wants to remind us to not lose our focus on Him. Even people like me, who do not have a job can begin to focus on our problems and not on God. Always remember God's discipline comes from love. When your children were very young and you caught them playing in the street, you punished them not because you did not love them, but because your love for them was so strong, that the thought of them getting hurt pierced your heart. God loves us so much, surely we pierce His heart when we stray from the path of righteousness and into sin. When we seek God and His will, we bring joy to the heart of God and into our own life. Ask God to guide you through each day and to teach you His commandments. Be blessed my friend. Be like a tree branch, that moves with the discipline of God and doesn't fight against the hand of God and breaks off.
Betty

Take the time to enjoy nature today. Even a short walk can be an encouragement to your spirit.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

We all have our own path to walk on. We all have our own trials to master. We all have our own areas where we are tempted to give in to temptation. BUT, as Christians we all serve a living God who walks with us everyday no matter what path we are walking on. Keep your eyes on Jesus and your feet will stay on the path and not falter. We must make a daily effort to stand for Jesus and not become discouraged. Working for God is not easy and sometimes the path seems to have more thorns them other times. During these times the devil seeks to discourage us and try to convince us that God has left us. God is calling out for us to draw closer to Him. When the pain is at its worse, when the trial seems unbearable, cry out to Jesus. Do not allow the devil to steal your reward. The devil will tell you no one understands what you are going through. He will tell you that no one has suffered like you. The Bible tells us that there is nothing new under the sun. You are not going through a trial that is brand new. God DOES understand and He will hold your hand and guide you out of the valley of pain and on to the mountain of victory. Don't give up when the end is in sight. When your brain is filled with thoughts of doubt, fill it with words of praise for Jesus our Savior. As you begin to praise the Lord in prayer and songs you will begin to feel the Holy Spirit, engulf you with love and comfort. Jesus is coming back soon for His children. Let us as His children not grow weary and give in to the temptation to give up. Seek His face and seek His peace and joy. Be blessed my dear friends, for I believe our journey here on earth is coming to an end soon. We will then have an eternity to walk in the presence of Jesus and Satan will never be able to touch us again. Praise the Lord!
Betty
Happy and blessed to see birds at the feeders today

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Because of health issues I stay up later and get up later then I used to. This used to make me feel guilty, but now I have learned to accept my situation. Often in life we are forced to face a reality that we are not thrilled with. Sometimes it is problem people at work. We often are required to accept traits of mates and family members that drive us crazy if we let it. Acceptance is not always defeat. It is choosing to accept what we cannot change, accepting peace of mind over trying to change things we cannot change. What we do not have to accept is being stale in our spiritual life. We are not to stay the same and grow stagnant like a stinky pot of water in the yard left for months. God wants us to grow spiritually. He wants us to mature and age like a fine bottle of wine. We do this by walking daily in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We do not want to stay new born babes in Christ, all of our lives. God wants us to grow and blossom like a full ground tree and bear fruits the way we were intended to be. There will be times that we have setbacks. We seek forgiveness and our Heavenly Father, prunes away the dead limbs of our lives so they we can flourish under His tender care. Try not to grow weary of the things in your live that you can not change. Instead ask God to use those things and those people to help you grow spiritually for His glory.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Looking out into the backyard and it looks beautiful. Plants and flowers blooming and birds at the feeder. Yet, if you walk outside you find the heat smothering and it doesn't take long to feel sweat pouring off your face. The plants and flowers that you see from the window, bear the cost of the heat and no rain. Leaves dying on trees and plants. This is how it is with sin. Sin can look so pretty and glamorous and sin calls out to us promising what it cannot give. It is only when you are in the midst of sin that you see the results. If you were go to a club your would see people drinking and dancing the night away. You do not see the affects of over indulging when people are slumped over the toilet puking up all that fun or feel the headache for the hangover the next morning. Cheating on your spouse can seem like fun at first. The sneaking around and getting away with it for awhile. But TV and movies don't often show that result of families torn apart and broken hearts like broken glass scattered everywhere. Sin is like a hook with bait, it entices us to want to take a nimble and then when Satan is through with us, he throws us away like a dirty paper towel.
God wants us to avoid sin. Some people think that God wants to keep us from having fun. The truth is God wants to keep us from being hurt. God says to us that He can give us joy with out a hangover or a broken home.
God warns us about sin because He loves us. Yet, when do sin, He is merciful and forgives us. He brings healing to our hearts and lives even after we feel we are destroyed for ever. As His children, let us seek to stay afar away from sin as possible. Never let us be guilty of seeing just how much we can get away with. Instead let us walk so close to Jesus that we can recognize the call of sin as soon as we see it and stay away from it, like we would a dangerous snake. Remember Satan chose to bring sin in this world by a snake and sin's bite is as dangerous as a poison snake.
Have a blessed day.
Betty
Please pray for Police Officers and their families. This new attack in Louisiana, shows how sin can turn people with hate into cold blooded killers. Pray especially for the families of those who died today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John 15:4King James Version (KJV)4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

There are many reasons for finding ourselves further from God then we need to be. Sometimes it is rebellion. We want to do something that is not what God wants us to do so we move further away. We are like a child playing behind the house with something that mom or dad told us not to play with. We can hide from people, but we cannot hide from God. We may feel less guilty because we think we are out enjoy a hidden sin but God knows. Do we really want to serve a God that we can hide from? At the moment of sin we may think we do, but the moment we are in trouble we are so happy to know that God does knows where we are and what we are doing. When a child cuts themselves playing with glass there is a feeling of relief when the parent comes and takes care of them. Of course we are better off not committing that sin in the first place. Just as that child will carry the scar of their sin, we as adults carry inward scars of our open rebellion against God. It is so much better for us to reject sin and live in a way that is pleasing to God. We are less likely to sin by staying very close to God. We will sin, even old Christians like myself can become critical of others when I am tired or in pain. This is when we need to seek forgiveness. We do not know what others are dealing with. Maybe that cashier is slow because she is rehashing in her mind an argument she had with a family member before work. Maybe the guy at the bank is worried about a sick family member. Before we react with impatience, maybe we should pray a silent prayer that God will give people strength and calm their spirit instead of smarting off a rude remark? It is hard for God's love to shine through us if we give in to hateful and cruel remarks. If that remark passes your lips, apologize immediately. Let them know that you are sorry that you gave into impatience. As much as you can be, be kind to others and deal with others in a peaceful loving way. The more we do this the more we grow in grace and inter beauty. The beauty that counts!
Betty
A few birds and squirrels this morning. I still miss, Lucy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

A group of radical Black Matters, has threaten a blood bath tonight in 36 cities at 7 eastern time. What should our reaction be? It is not hate and it is not to look at every person of color with distrust. Our reaction should be prayer. We must pray that God will stop the evil. Only God can stop the plan of the evil one for surely we know that these people are being driven by Satan, himself. Pray that God will show them the truth. Pray that they will find peace of heart and mind. Pray for the safety of our Country.
The devil's plan is to divide our Country so that evil can take over our land.
Whatever happens we need not fear but know that God is in control. Pray for our Country. Pray for the 36 cities. Pray for our neighbor's. Pray for police officers who must deal with this. Pray for yourself that you do not lose heart our your faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Galatians 3:28
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Colossians 3:11
“Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.”

Romans 10:12
“For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.”

Let us face the truth we live in a world that is more divided then ever. Children are taught to mistrust people who look different then them. Democrats and Republicans convince people that others on the other side of the fence are out to get them. It is no wonder that people are fearful and fear others are out to get them. What we do not realize it is not a color of the skin or political parties that is the problem, it is sin. The world teaches us to be prideful, as if our skin color makes us better then others. When God looks at us, He sees our hearts. He loves no race more than any other.
I believe with all my heart that we have to stand on truth and not support abortion and gay marriage, but when it comes to one another as people, we are to love one another unconditionally.
When we look down on people because of their skin color, we have sin in our heart. When one race thinks they are better then another, they have a sin problem. Society thinks protest and rioting will solve the problem. Seriously it is making it worse. When people go to God on their knees as a whole then God will heal our land and restore love and understanding among all people. As Christians we are overwhelmed with what is going on around us. We as Christians cannot fix the world, but we can pray for one another. Pray for every person who will get pulled over today. Pray for every policeman doing his job today. Pray that both parties walk away with out harm. We need to step back from placing blame and start recognizing that the real issue is sin. When we realize that the real proponent of hate is Satan and man is being used by Satan then we can stop hating one another and pray to God for healing. When parents on both side of the fence teach their children to deal with others with respect instead of teaching their children to hate others, then we will be a more peaceful society. Remember the police man and woman is doing a job just as you do yours. The difference is they face death every day. Our prayers should including praying for the police every day. When we get pulled over, remember the police officer is just as afraid as we are. They do not want to die, either. So listen to what he has to say and do what he says to do. Treat him or her with respect that their position entitles him or her to. Pray that God will help you to remain calm and that God will help the police to remain calm. A good outcome is when you drive away and both you and the policeman is still alive. I realize that there are emotional wounds that many people carry today. Take those wounds to God and ask Him to heal you. Ask God to give you the ability to love everyone. We all have areas we need God to heal us and areas we need forgiveness for.
Betty
A red bird enjoying the feed and the bluejay. Each day as I walk the yard serving them I am blessed by God.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

https://youtu.be/t9dvVp0Nxjo

When we listen to that video we laugh and then we shudder. We ask ourselves are we that self centered. The reality is as Christians, even we can become more focused on ourselves instead of God and others. We do not mean to be selfish but Satan has a way of changing our focus from God to what is going on in our life. Even when others suffer tragedy we can be more focused on how we are going to go to the funeral when we have so much already on our plate. We can allow ourselves to be so concerned with what is going on in our lives that we let our time with God suffer. God is a patient God and for the most part He doesn't knock us our heads to get our attention. Of course there will come a time when God will allow troubles in our lives to get our attention. Our job is to not wait until we are overcome with troubles to call out to God. Of course even the most dedicated Christian has troubles and even tragedies, but it is so much easier to cry out to God when we have walked with Him daily. We do not feel we have to re-introduce ourselves to God. God is not a vacuum cleaner that we only take out when we have a spill or need to clean. God wants us to seek forgiveness every day for our sins and to talk to Him every day about our needs, wants and desires. When we pray do we take time to praise God for His goodness or is our prayers just a shopping list for what we need? Do we ever just call our God and tell Him that we love and appreciate Him? We are on this earth because God has a purpose for us and it is not just to provide all our needs and make us happy. We are to be working to build the Kingdom of God. We are not all called to preach and teach but we can share the love of God with others. Are we praying everyday that God will use us? When we see someone in obvious destress, do we ask them if we can pray for them? God can use us if we ask Him to show us how. Of course we need to spend time daily with God so that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit and our hearts open to the leading of God to know when to react and to see when there is a need. If our cup is empty we have nothing to share with others. Remember the song "Fill my cup, Lord"? Let us pray that our cup be filled to over flowing and then seek to share God with others.
Betty
A blue jay has been hanging around. I think her babies have hatched. I hope she is enjoying the bird seed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Philip. 4: 4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

-----------------------------------------

Paul reminds us that we are living in the last days. These days it is easy to caught up in the troubles of this world and when we do we often lose sight of Jesus. While it is prudent to be aware of what is going around, no where in the Bible are we told to hide in our closet and tremble with fear. God is still in control. Why are things getting worse? Satan knows his time is short and he is working hard against Christians. As soon as the rapture takes place, he already has things in order to put in a One World Government and One World Religion. If you get a chance to look up the ordnance of the UN, you will see they want to control all aspects of people's lives including our children. They have declared recently that taking your children to Church is child abuse. The UN will join forces with Satan and put together the One World system. As we see things starting to happen we can rejoice because Jesus is coming soon.

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up yourheads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

We should remind ourselves of this verse often and draw comfort from this. Of course at the same time we worry over our unsaved loved ones. Worrying does nothing, place them in God's hands.

For today keep praying ! Do not give up hope. Let us strive to live in a way that is pleasing to God and always pray.

Betty

The last couple of days have been hard physically. This morning I slept until 11. I used to feel guilty but now I remind myself that my immune system is whacked and I need to take of myself. Just as it is important for us to take care of our physical bodies we need to take care of our spiritual health.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post. I agree that things are going to get worse. But for those who know Jesus Christ, we know the ending and God will rule all.

Psalm 9

15 The nations have fallen into the pit they dug for others.
Their own feet have been caught in the trap they set.
16 The Lord is known for his justice.
The wicked are trapped by their own deeds.
17 The wicked will go down to the grave.
This is the fate of all the nations who ignore God.
18 But the needy will not be ignored forever;
the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

If you had the news on this weekend you saw people on both sides of the shooting. Democrats blaming Republicans and Democrats blaming guns. No one is blaming the real cause; sinful hearts. Even when we have been wronged, we can destroy ourselves with bitterness and hatred. For the most part a person does not get up one day and goes off and kills strangers. They have nursed hate for so long in their hearts until logic is gone and they are ruled by bitterness and hate. Our Country is hurting and suffering. Our hearts can be easily filled with fear. When America sees that contrary to what our President says, we do not have a race problem. We have a hate problem. If our Country as a whole would repent, God would bring healing. Sadly too many Americans are to prideful to repent. We want God to heal our Country but we do not want Him to tell us what to do. We do not want God to ask us to change our sinful ways. If you are a Christian, don't give into despair. The Bible tells us that in the last days, the world would be like in the days of Noah. Draw close to God and keep praying but also be prepared for things to get worse. Jesus is coming back for us soon. Keep your eyes on Jesus, comfort those who are hurting when you are given an opportunity and guard your heart from hate and bitterness.
Betty
Haven't fed the birds and squirrels this morning. I woke up at 4:15 hurting and sick and was awake until 6:15. Went back to sleep and woke up in the same condition at 10. God is in control and I pray that God will bless us and our families.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

2Peter 3 :1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

-------------------------------------------

Mankind looks at the patience of God and decides in his heart that God is not coming back and there will be no judgement. This in their minds gives them the right to openly sin in ways that grieves the heart of God. They wonder in their hearts that if God was really against abortion and homosexuality, He would have done something by now. The truth is God does give man time to repent and when they refuse God gives them over to sin. God will not always try with mankind. We can reach a point that God will deal with us no more and allow us to stay in the pigpen of sin. The Bible says it is a scary thing to be in the hands of an angry God. Yet, for now, mankind spits in the face of God and takes joy in their sinful ways, but there is coming a day of reckoning.

As Children of God our hearts break as we see people take pride in their sin as if we was a great accomplishment. They hold their sin up for all to see and take pleasure in shocking those who are still able to grieve over sin. As Christians, we must continue to pray for the lost, because there is coming a day of no return for sinners. They will wear upon their bodies the mark of the devil with pride. At this point they will have stepped across the line where there will be no forgiveness and hell will be their final destination with no chance of changing their future. Until that time let us pray reverently for our lost families and friends. Remember, do not grow weary in your walk with God. Our time on earth is coming to an end and as it does, the devil will begin to work with a vengeance like we have never seen. Seek the one who can bring you peace even in the midst of the terrible storm, our Heavenly Father.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Joshua 1:2 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Have you every had a one sided conversation? Someone calls and you listen for twenty minutes to their problems and make the appropriate comments and then when it is your turn to talk, they have to go. They have too much to do, to stay on the phone. These kinds of conversation leave you feeling dissatisfied and wondering if the person on the other end of the phone really cares about you and your needs. Sadly, we often treat our Heavenly Father the same way. We say a quick thank you for another day and then we read off a list from our head telling God what we need. Then we list our unsaved loved ones and friends and a quick amen and we are on our way. We did not wait silently and listen to see if God had something He wanted to tell us. We are self absorbed and did not even give God a chance to talk to us. Of course just like our friend we can feel like our day is overwhelming and our to do list will not be completed. But when we take time to listen to God, we will find ourselves refreshed to finish our day. We cheat ourselves out of obtaining the peace of heart and mind, God wants to give us. God is not a vending machine that we push the buttons to get what we need and move on. God wants to have a two sided relationship with us. This require listening to what God wants to say to us. We are cheating ourselves in relationships with people when we do not take the time to listen to their needs and their victories they want to share with us. Just the same, we are cheating ourselves when we do not take the time to praise God and listen to what He has for us. Let us make a point to make our prayer life a two side conversation and not only about us.
Betty
Nice to see birds and squirrels this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

People are hurting today, especially in Dallas. We can understand the pain of people who feel that they are not getting justice. No group of people want to feel like they are targets for others prejudice and hatred. The problem is when we decide to seek justice, ourselves. 5 officers were killed last night because of their color of their skin. The shooter did the same thing that he was angry about. He did not know those police officer. He did not know if the police officers were racist. He shot them because they were white. He allowed the devil to fill his heart with hatred. Revenge crime is never the answer. The five officers did not even live in the area where the men of color were killed. This morning our answer is not to be overcome with hate. We are not to look down our brothers and sisters who look different then us. We as Christians are to pray for them and seek ways to help. Donate to food banks. Pray that God will bring healing and remove hatred from the hearts of mankind. There is no room in the children of God for hate towards any race of people. God created us all and He sent His Son to die for us all. Let us seek ways we can love one another and encourage one another. Above all pray for those who are hurting and feel misunderstood and hated because of the color of their skin.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Rev 3:15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Our relationship with Jesus is a living thing. If we do not feed and water it, it will grow cool and then cold and eventually die. A quick prayer in the morning and a prayer as we fall asleep, does not make for a healthy relationship with our Heavenly Father. How much effort are we putting into our spiritual life? Have we abandoned it like a flower that is shrinking from lack of care. There is no doubt that life can overcome us and we can forget to care for our spiritual life. When we realize this, we need to stop and ask for forgiveness from God and make changes in our lives. Sometimes it takes a tragedy for God to get our attention. We can begin to believe we can coast right into Heaven. Even if we did manage to do so, what a sad day It is going to be when our works are judged and we don't even have any works for Jesus to judge! The time for working for Christ is now! There will be no time in Heaven to change our spiritual life. If we wait until the end of our life, we may be limited in what we can do because of our health. Don't get me wrong, God can use us even when we are in bad health. Yet, it is so much better to work for Jesus our whole life and not just at the end. Think of it as decorating your Christmas Tree. If you wait till the end of life to work with your tree , it will have very few lights and decorations. If you work all your Christian life , your tree will be a beacon that points others to Christ. Let us live our lives in a way that those who know us best can say that they have seen us go through hell and yet we always stayed strong in our faith and never wavered in our belief in Jesus Christ. People are often more aware of how we live our lives when we are going through fire then when we seem to be walking on easy street. May we live each day for Jesus and allow His light to shine through us. How healthy is your relationship today with Christ? Pray and ask God to show you the areas you need forgiveness and healing.

Betty

I had a squirrel this morning. I have been sleeping later so I am not seeing the humming birds but I do see the feeder having less and less sugar water.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Philip. 4:11 I am not saying this out of need, for I have learned to be content regardless of my circumstances.

Contentment is an emotion that is hard to get a handle on. When you deal with conditions for a long time ( bad health, bad marriage, bad finances, etc) your state of mind can be like a roller coaster ride. Some days you rest in contentment and peace. Some days you can feel like your are hanging by a thread and forgotten by God. What has happened? We know that God has not abandoned us, yet we feel stress, fear and loneliness. Satan has whispered words of discontentment into our minds and hearts. There are times that we are physically weak and we feel we cannot take another moment of stress. These are the times it is most important to call out to God, yet we often find ourselves moving away from God in these moments. Sometimes it is self pride. Other times it is embarrassment. How can I keep going back to God with the same need? We need to remind ourselves of the story of the lady and the evil judge. Jesus said she would not stop asking until the judge gave in, not because he cared for her, but he was sick of hearing her petitions. We serve a just God. He does want us to come to him with our request. He answers because He loves us and not to get us off His back. It is those times that God's will is for us to suffer for a time that are hard. Of course there are times that we cry out : "How long, Lord will you allow me to suffer?". Yet we need to remind ourselves God does have a plan. Suffering builds faith and strengthens our spiritual life. Sometimes we need to pray for more grace to withstand the battle we are in. Let others see Jesus in us even when we are in the midst of a battle.
There is an old song called "Through it All". It says if "I never had a problem, I wouldn't know you could solve them". Remind yourself today that whether your pain is physical or emotional, God is with you. Do not believe the lies of the devil. He seeks to steal your faith and destroy your soul.
Betty
Sad news the neighbor's think Lucy got killed, poor chicken. She did bring us joy for a time.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 18:6. In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Psalm 120:1 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

There are times when we are in distress, troubles, and emotional pain. Sometimes we are unable to share our discomfort with others for various reasons. In these times we become discouraged and overwhelmed, yet if we cry out to God, He will hear us and He will sustain us. When we hold it in and attempt to prove our own strength, we open ourselves up to physical and emotional pain. We can become discouraged and lose our faith in God if we carry our load too long by ourselves. God wants to help us and He us waiting for us to call out to Him. The reason we need to ask, is our faith is strengthen when we seek the help of God. If God worked silently we would believe we did everything in our own strength. We need to know that we are helpless with out the help of God, so that when the big stuff comes then we have the faith to believe in God. It is when we think we do not need God, that we actually need God the most. Do not allow self pride to cheat you out of a blessing. When God works do not be like the nine who were healed by Jesus and went away with out praising and thanking Him. When we see someone suffering and if they are not open to help, pray for them.
Betty
Haven't seen the chicken in 4 days. I am beginning to worry about Lucy.
Blessed with birds and squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Happy Independence Day, America,

As we in America, celebrate the Anniversary of our Independence, let us thank God for the freedoms we have. Yes, we are aware that a change is coming, our freedoms are indeed at risk. Yet today we can praise God that we were born in a Country where we are free to worship God as we please. We can attend Church with out fear of arrest. For now, our Pastors can still preach the truth if they choose to be more concerned about God then being PC. I am old enough to have had my Elementry days of School, where a prayer and the pledge of allegiance was said every morning when School started. Let us thank God today for what we have and pray for people who must gather as a Church group in secret, fearing arrest and even death. Let us not take for granted the freedoms that are sill ours. We do not need to worry about tomorrow because God will be with us.

I hope you have a wonderful day and great food as you celebrate today. I pray that God will bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shalom, in Jesus Peace and joy and Righteousness to you and your households...

In the last 30 years studying 'medicine' first in the Navy AD, then pharmacy, then natural (God's way),
I've seen almost every disease helped. (can't legally say "cured" , due to fda and drug lords).
Colitis and chrons as well. (there's support groups for both on the internet, still there I think, of people helping people find the truth and recover).
There's some times not a recovery, but usually very much is possible "unofficially".. and some good can be accomplished God's Way, naturally.

Happy seeking ! All who seek , shall find - that is not my word, that is God's Promise...

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

There are times in our lives, when we do not know where will be, next week much less next month. The only way to make it during these times is complete trust in God. While it seems it would be so much better if God would lay out His plan for us, there is a reasons why we don't have the answers for tomorrow, today. One reason is God wants us to live in today and not tomorrow. I believe the biggest reason is God wants us to trust Him for our tomorrow's. While we are in the time of not knowing we can remind ourselves that we do know a God who knows all about the future. When we place our trust in God and remind ourselves whatever our circumstances are, we are not alone, we can have peace even when it appears we are living in the eye of a storm. Today let us give our hearts and minds to God and seek His peace and grace to face our tomorrow.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Prov 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Eighteen months ago, I developed colitis and Chrons. It was only after this that God gave me this ministry of a blog. As soon as my feet hit the floor, the knowledge that I am not still in remission, hits me square in the face. A not so, gentle reminder that there is no room in my heart for pride. I admit there are times I question why God to allow me to have a disease that on bad days is humiliating and embarrassing and on better days painful and stressful. I remind myself that there is a reason and maybe God wanted to make sure that pride would not develop in my heart, because of being used by God. As Christians as we grow in faith and in our relationship, we can be tempted by Satan to think better of ourselves. All we have to look at what happened to well known Ministers. We look at them and wonder how that they can be involved in such a public and embarrassing sin. The seed for their sins was not planted and grown in public but in a private garden and only made public by God. Why does God do that? Is it not because as long as the sin was private, the devil convinced them that they had control of their sin. It is only the humiliation of publicity that they were forced to acknowledge the sin and seek help. Lest we become haughty ourselves, we too have to be careful about sin. Sin grown private will be revealed in public. While our sin may not make the 6 O'Clock news, our sin is often revealed in our own circle of family and friends. How do we keep this happening? No! The answer is not how to hide our sins better, but to commit the sins to Jesus and seek forgiveness. We must remember that we are no better then anyone and we can be easily drawn into sin. Our relationship with Christ determines our tendency to sin. Are we relying ourselves to stay out of sin or are we seeking the help of God? Are we staying as close to God as possible? Are we riding the fence trying to be close to the world and God at the same time. The further we stand from God the closer we get to sin. Pride can produce a distance from us and God. When we admit our need for protection from God and seek His help daily, the less we are tempted to sin. Of course none of us have arrived to the mountain of perfect Holiness! Knowing our need for protection and seeking God's grace and mercy will lessen our sin participation in sin. Put down any self pride and take pride only in the goodness of God. Walk with God daily and seek His help in your life daily. Get off the fence! Stop trying to impress worldly people! Seek to be like God and not sinners! When we do all this we will grow in grace and joy in the Lord.
Betty
I had a different type of bird yesterday. A small red and brown bird. Did not see Lucy, the chicken yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

It is wonderful that we can talk to God anytime and anywhere. I was sick most of last night and I found comfort talking to God. Even in sickness we can find peace in talking to God.

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 ESV

We can be honest with God about everything. Everyone has issues they do not want to discuss another person. Sometimes it is because it is embarrassing. Sometimes it is because we do not want to be a burden to others. We can freely take our issues to God. God never sleeps so we can cry out to Him, in the middle of the night. What a privilege it is to serve a God who is there for us when we need Him! Of course we want to make a habit of talking to and praising God every day and not just when we have problems. Just because God is always with us, doesn't give us a license to take God and His love for us for granted. We want to be grateful children of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Ask God to increase your awareness of His love every day!

We can get caught up in problems and stress that we begin to feel less loved by God and more forgotten. The devil knows that if he plants doubts in our hearts and minds of God's love for us, we are easily led into depression and even into sin. Why should we try, we wonder if no one cares about us? The truth is God does love us and He does care about us. As human beings we are tempted to allow our present circumstances dictate our relationship with God. How often do you see someone on TV or even in person after a win say: "Somebody up there loves me!". We begin to believe when we are winning and when things are going right that means God loves us. When things go wrong then we think that God has forgotten about us at the least and as things get worse, surely God is mad at us or loves us less. We do not see trials and battles as tools to help us to grow in grace and spiritual strength. Humans love conditionally. As long as you are good and generous with some people they love you. You get busy in your own life and before you know it they don't think of you so much anymore. Before we judge others we are just as guilty. God never forgets us. Even when we neglect out prayer life and Bible study, He still loves us. He may send a reminder by a trial to wake us up of our need of Him, but His love for us is steady day by day. All of us goes through things. All of us suffer pain, but if you are child of God no matter what is happening in your present circumstances, you are loved by the most high God. Let us not neglect to tell God that you love Him. There is an old joke about a husband who said he didn't need to say to his wife he loved her because he did it on their Wedding Day. Of course in reality a couple is in for hard times who do not remind each other that they love them. It is important to us that we know we are loved. At the same time it is important that we make known our love for God on a daily bases. Be loving in the way you treat others. Pray that God will help you treat others with kindness and respect. Be blessed, my friend.
Betty
It is getting warmer and right down hot here in Texas, but I enjoyed my walk around the yard this morning. The chicken was in hiding because the neighbor was getting their yard taken care of.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

John 17:5 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

God is so loving and kind to His children, that sometimes we get the idea that God's purpose is to make us happy. If this was God's purpose, the moment we are saved, we would be taken in to Heaven. As Christians we have a purpose. We are to do the will of God and live in a way that we shine forth with the love of Jesus, so that others can be won for Christ. God doesn't need mankind to make Him happy and content. It was out of love that He made man and out of love that He sent His son to die for our redemption. He answers our prayers because He loves us. Sometimes He says no to our request for the same reason, that He loves us. Garth Brook hade a hit "I thank God for unanswered prayers". The reality is that all prayers are answered. Sometimes the answer is :yes. Sometimes the answer is : not now. Sometimes the answers is: no. Just as we as parents did not always give our kids everything that asked for because it was too soon or it was dangerous for them, so God also works for our best. We need to remember that just because God takes pleasure in being there for His children, does not give us the right to think better of ourselves and less of God. We should be grateful and loving children who love and appreciate our Loving Heavenly Father. It is out of our love for God that we seek to grow in Him and seek to do His will. We should seek forgiveness when we notice that we are not honoring God and treating Him with the respect that is due Him.
Betty
Happy to see birds this morning and a few squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Matthew 6:“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. Berean Study Bible

Sadly the devil can take what started out for good and turn it into ashes. We can be guilty of thinking we are better then others because of our prayer and Bible study. The Bible was given to mankind to show the way of salvation and for instruction to the believer. It was not given so that we can look down on others because we spend more time in the Bible then we think they do. When our prayer and Bible reading because a source of pride we have not only lost the effects of spiritual growth but out reward.

1Timothy 6:5 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Many people have read that and misinterpreted the verse. Having money is not evil. It is when the love of money goes before God and family.
When working over time is more important than God. When you hardly know your family because you would prefer to get that overtime pay. Money can be used for good to grow the Kingdom of God but we must not put money before God and family.

Hobbies can also steal time from God and family. Having hobbies is great and we need some fun time to rest our body and mind. It is when you spend so much time on your hobby that you neglect honoring God by being in His house and when you do not know what is going on in your children's lives that hobbies can become a problem.

Phili 4:5. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Many things are good for us in moderation. Let nothing come in your life before your love of God. God wants us to enjoy things and rest. God has not called us to move into the Church and become monks. Golfing and fishing is great and many enjoy them both. It is only a problem when golfing and fishing mean more to you that being in the presence of God. In all things we do, honor God. Do not think more highly of yourselves because of your spiritual life. Remember what ever spiritual growth you have is a gift of God and the only pride should be in our God who has blessed so much. Remind yourself regularly of this verse:
Prov 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
May we learn to put nothing before God and to not be prideful and haughty towards others. Let us be kind and humble towards God and others.
Betty
Did not see the chicken today but saw her last evening.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Evening and Happy Monday,

Very busy day at the VA and shopping. God is good and He protected us on the road. Reading today that the Pope says you cannot be a Christian and believe in the Second Amendment. He is also apologizing to gays and transgenders for the Church position on homosexuality. He is looking more and more like the False Prophet. The reality is, it does not matter what the Pope and Preachers believe, it matters what God says on the matter. In our present time, it seems the Pope and the liberal Preachers are kinder them those who preach the truth. How kind is it to give people false hope? We should always treat others with love and kindness but lying about salvation matters is beyond cruel. Heaven or hell is not something to be taken lightly. Be loving but honest when you share to Gospel. Have a blessed evening and pray for the lost.
Betty
Seen the chicken this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Matthew 6:34Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)34 So don't worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

I missed Church this morning, because I was up sick from 3:15-5 a.m. I have a procedure coming up on July 29th. As I wait for that, my symptoms are getting worse and I have to guard my mind from worry and fret. We all have things that we are tempted to worry about. Satan wants us to worry about tomorrow to the point that we lose focus on today. If our mind is set on future problems then we do not see the work that God is doing in our lives today. God warns us in His Word, not to be taking on tomorrow's problems, today. We can be come parlayed by fear if we entertain the thoughts that Satan fills our heads with. We need to remind ourselves that God knows the future. Whatever the future holds, God will provide what we need to make through it. Let us worship and praise God for today and leave tomorrow till tomorrow. We are not promised tomorrow. We need today to seek ways to work for God. Allow The Holy Spirit to shine through you today, so that others will see Jesus in you, and want what you have. Paul tells us to be content in whatever station we are in our life. This doesn't mean we should not seek to better ourselves but to be at peace where ever we are in our marriage, singleness, and with our jobs. So much of our lives are wasted when we are only living until we get married, graduate from School or attain a better place to live. Live for Jesus today! Be content in your present circumstances. It is okay to pray for a mate, a better job, and a better place to live, but be content until and thankful for what you have in the present. Our Heavenly Father knows what we need and He will provide.
Betty
The chicken is across the street. Always blesses my heart to know that she survived another night. We bought bird seed and sunflower seeds yesterday to feed the chicken, birds, and squirrels. For some reason I always awake with physical pain, but it warms my heart when I see my "friends" enjoying the feed I out out for them. God is good!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Hebrews 10:35-36King James Version (KJV)

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

When we deal with a disease that afflicts every day, we can grow weary, waiting for relief and healing. It is hard to accept that God's WILL, may not be healing at our present time. When we are dealing with a spiritual trial, financial or other trials, they to may not be solved in the time prefer. While we know in our heads that God may be developing us into stronger and powerful Christians, it is hard not to cry out to God: "Enough already!" Yet, there is a reason for our suffering. Just as fire removes the filth from gold and brings forth a beautiful result, so does the fire of suffering bring forth in us patience and beauty. If gold could remove itself from the fire too soon and the end result would be gold that is worth less then what was intended, so we too can , miss out on becoming what God wants for us to be by demanding to be removed from the fire. If we keep our trust in God, and do not waver in our trust, we too can see results in ourselves that we never dreamed possible. Spiritual growth cannot be attained by a quick time in the microwave. It takes a long time in the fire to make us what God desires for us. We are not alone in the fire and when we come out we will find rest and shelter in the arms of God, our Heavenly Father. Whether we are dealing with physical or emotional pain, we can make it out and we will be transformed, if we do not give up on God. Let us not only pray for ourselves but let us pray for others around us, when we see they are going through a battle. Even in the midst of our distress we can be a beacon of hope and grace, by offering up words of encouragement to one another. When we are suffering, we must resist the urge to be totally self absorbed by our own circumstances that we are not able to see that those around us are going through their own battle. Even in the midst of our own pain, we can be and encouragement to others. When we take the hand of someone else, to help them, we will find ourselves being helped and encouraged, too. My dear ones, do not become bitter over what you are going though. There is victory ahead. Keep your eyes on Jesus and not on your trials. Jesus will not fail you nor forsake you.
Betty
The chicken visited several times yesterday. I am still being blessed with assorted birds and squirrels. When I was driving yesterday, I saw a new bird to the neighborhood. A grey bird standing on tall skinny legs.

Isaiah 43:2King James Version (KJV)

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 5:3Common English Bible (CEB)Lord, in the morning you hear my voice, In the morning I lay it all out before you. Then I wait expectantly.

At this time, Ronnie and I need to know God's will for our lives. We are moving soon, and we are praying that God will guide us in His will. We wait in expectation for Him to show His will to us. At first I was overcome with apprehension, but as I begin to seek the will of God filled my heart with His peace. There are numerous times that we need to seek the will of God. The devil can fill our hearts with doubts and fears and if we are not careful we can become paralyzed with fear. This is not how God wants us to live, terrified to make any decision. God will and does want to guide us in the decision that is best for us. When we seek His face and His will, we know that God will guide us. Hubby and I both have health issues and of course this plays a part on life decision, but we do not know the future. Only God knows what is ahead for all of us. Because God knows the future, He can guide us into the appropriate future. Everyone has doubts and fears and making decisions can be hard for all of us, yet we can trust God who loves us and wants the best for us to show us the way.
Betty
I met my neighbor that I have been texting back and forth with for months. It was wonderful to hug the person that I have prayed for many times. To think we met over our neighborhood chicken. Life does work in wondrous ways sometimes. This morning we both watched the chicken, Lucy together. God is good and He is filled with mercy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 16:9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

When we go through trials, whether they be physical or spiritual or a combination, we need a time of rest. We need to set aside time to rest our bodies and our soul. In this busy rush rush world we often think of rest as being a selfish ambition. We need to remember that even God took time to rest.

Genesis 2:2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

From the beginning, God was showing mankind that we need to take time for resting. We find spiritual rest by meditating on God's Holy Bible and praying. We also need to rest physically. God never meant for mankind to work 7 days a week. Over working leads to weaken bodies which can lead to bad health. Over working can also affect out spiritual health, because we have left no time for worshiping in the house of God.

Psalm 37: 7Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Resting in the Lord brings restoration to our souls and minds. Make the time to rest and sit quietly under the sweet presence of God. Open your hearts and ears to hear what He has to say to you. Resist not His guidance and teaching for we know that He does know best. After your time of rest, your work will produce more fruit and God can use you to encourage others and be a blessing to others.
Betty
Have a blue jay and a squirrel today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hebrews 4:16
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
King James Version (KJV)

Whatever our needs we can come boldly to the throne of God knowing that we will find mercy and grace. In those moments of sickness, broken bodies and wounded hearts, God will bring comfort and encouragement. Broken bones do not heal over night and sometimes it is God's will that we are not healed from illness in this life. We can carry our burden with help from Jesus. Those times when it seems we are no longer walking but being dragged by our problems we can cry out for mercy from God. He will make our burdens carry able, He will make our journey successful if we trust Him. We must not allow Satan to discourage our cause to stop and quit. The end is worth the whole journey. Remember Dottie West's song: "I have traveled too far to turn back now". We are so close to the end. Let us not abandon God and our journey this close to the rapture. We will be able to sing the Old Gospel Song: "It will be worth it all when we see Jesus".
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I woke up sick before 5 this morning. I must admit my first thought wasn't to thank God that it has been over a week since this happened. My first thought was "Why me?". Then God reminded me that it has been over a week. How many times do we take for granted the times things do not go wrong? It is easy to get in a pattern of not being grateful for the good days. The devil is going to be right there to remind us of the bad days. Just like he reminded me that I had three bad days in a row last time. I had to choose to focus on the 10 good days in a row. God is good to us and yes even as Christians we will have bad days, but we are not alone. God is with us. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of the good days and we do can remember that we do not bare ourselves we can turn bad days into times of spiritual growth by focusing not on what is going on in our lives, but focusing on God. No matter what we are going through God is still in control and He has not forsaken us. We may go through the fire but when we come out, we will be spiritually better then before. There is a better day coming. As you suffer for the moment remember God will work things out for our good.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Rev 4
behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
_______________________________________ ________________________________

As humans we tend to down play in our mind the glory and honor due our Heavenly Father and Jesus.
We often see Jesus as He was when He walked upon the earth and not as the God who created all things.
Yes we pray and worship God but sometimes we do not honor Him in the ways we should and is due Him.
God does want to walk with us, just as He did in the cool of the day with Adam and Eve. Yet, He is the God of everything and He is due our praise, honor, and respect. God is kind to us and even when we question Why He allows things happen to us, He is patient with us. We need to remember that He created us and treat Him with love and respect. The vase does not question the potter nor complain about how the potter uses it. We were made from clay and God is the potter. Yet we can find ourselves complaining and having a bad attitude when we talk to God. Sometimes we need to step back and remind ourselves who we are talking to. We are not arguing and complaining to mere man but a Holy and Righteous God. With just His breath, He can stop our heart and with His Words, He can crush us. Just because He deals with us in loving and kindness, doesn't mean we can mistreat or disrespect Him. Holy, holy, holy, is God Almighty. Let us not forget that.
Betty
This morning I almost fed the birds cat food. That would have confused the cats and the birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Zephaniah 3:17Modern English Version (MEV)

17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
a Mighty One, who will save.
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will renew you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Have you every noticed that music and singing is important to God. Throughout the Bible, God talks about singing, even in Heaven the angels sing to God. When we are overcome with depression, pain, and sorrow, we can find comfort by singing praises to God. As we worship in song we find peace of heart and mind. Even though we are still in a trial, we can find hope by singing and listening to songs of praise and worship. The devil does not want is to find peace in God. He speaks words of depression and doubt. He encourages us to stay away from Church, because he knows we can find encouragement and peace there. Yet if we seek God not only at Church but at home we will find hope and peace. We will always have trials and troubles to go through, that is a given, but when we seek the face of God, He will give us peace of mind and heart as we travel through the valley of pain. Even in the midst of the valleys we can sing and worship God. As long as we travel on this earth there will be times of despair and heartache. There will be times that we wonder, why me or us, Lord. In these times when we seek God, we may not have complete answers but our soul we grow spiritually and our faith will increase if we accept God's will and rest in Him. I was listening to a song on the radio that said: 'Some through the valley, some through the flood, some through the fire, but all through the blood'. Whatever God is leading you through today, know that He is with you and you are not alone. God's plan is the best one, though we may not understand at the moment. Trust in Him and pray for courage and an seek Him for comfort.
Betty
The chicken, Lucy, as we have named her is still around.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday. And Happy Father's Day,

For some of us we have to ask God to tell our dad's we love them, but for those who have Dads, let them know that you love them. Parenthood is not perfect and many father's made mistakes. Christ calls us to forgive them and love them, just as God has forgiven us of our sins. I pray you have a blessed day with family and are able enjoy them today. We as Christians are blessed to be able to call God our Heavenly Father. We are blessed to be in the house of God and to worship our Father, God.
Betty
The chicken is still around

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No one knows what the day will have in store when they wake up in the morning. We pray for protection but sometimes it is God's will for us to go through pain and troubles. It is hard for us to wrap our minds around accidents and health issues when we serve a loving God. As humans we want to question where God was when things went wrong for us. Satan tries to convince us that God doesn't love us as much as we thought. These are lies. God has His reasons and we go through heartache for a Godly reason. We need to remind ourself that while we may be hurting, God has not left us and we can call out to Him to walk with us through the pain and tears. We must resist the urge to run from God but run to Him and seek His face. There are some questions we will not know the answer to until Heaven. Trusting God is loving and serving Him, even when we do not know all the answers. When we trust God we can lay our fears at His feet and rest in the knowledge that God will work things out for our good.
God has not lost His powers and He does know the future. We can be at peace knowing He is with us.
Betty
The chicken is nesting under a shrub this morning. Fed her and the birds and squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 34:8King James Version (KJV)8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Do you ever think of reading the Bible as a duty, something you do every day, because it is expected of you? Do you read the Bible hurriedly before you start your day? Or maybe you read the Bible before you go to bed, barely a wake. In American and Europe we often take for granted the freedom we have in reading God's Holy Word. We do not bring to our minds that the Bible is more then a book. God's Holy Word is a love letter to mankind. From the beginning to the end, God is showing us the great links He went to redeem mankind and to bring us back to Him. Before you say that I am harsh today, I am reminding myself of mine own failure and sin in this same area. We need to seek forgiveness and give the Bible the respect it is owed. Reading the Bible will not only increase our faith and knowledge but the Word of God is a sword that will defeat Satan. How can we win battles if we do not have knowledge of our sword. A soldier works with his sword so that he knows it like his own hand. We too need to know our sword so that in battle we can make wise use of our sword. May we start today being grateful that we are free to have the Bible at our disposable and may we use it as God meant for the Bible to be used. With smart phones, we can have the Bible at our moment of need. We have no excuse for not studying God's Word.
Betty
The chicken seems to think that she is pregnant. She is nesting in plants at my house and my neighbor's house. It is fun to see her so close. She still is a runner so I have to be careful not to get too close. Ronnie has a heart blockage that can't be operated on safely so the doctors are hoping medication will help. Please pray for him. He fell three times yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 26:1 LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

We can look around us and see prophecy being fulfilled. The world is ripe for a One World Government and a leader who will come in the name of peace. Daniel prophesied about this time and Jesus, Himself gave the prophecy to the Apostle John, in the book of The Revelations. God has warned any one who will read The Bible not to accept the mark of this leader and not to worship him. The world has chosen to ignore God's warning and will accept the mark of the beast. This mark will seal the fate of those who take the mark.

Rev. 14: 9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

As time grows closer for prophecy to be fulfilled we as Christians should pray daily for our lost loved ones and friends. Pray that their eyes will be open to the truth.
Believing in the Bible will open us up to ridicule and even our lost loved ones will look at us with pity. Be strong in the Lord! Do not allow others to make you doubt the truth of God's Word. The time to pray for God to strengthen our faith and our beliefs so that we too, will not be led astray. God will never leave us and we should pray for more faith and strength.

Jude 1: 20 “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,” 21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
While we can express to the lost that hell is real and the torment will be real, we cannot drag them in to salvation. Salvation is a personal choice. Pray often for the lost but realize that you cannot force salvation on anyone. Do not grow weary in your work for Jesus. A crown and a home in Heaven is waiting for you.
Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them1
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Romans 8:23King James Version (KJV)23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Have you ever thought a prayer was answered or in the process of being answered, only to find the need greater then before. Maybe it is healing in your body. Your side effects of the illnesses are getting fewer and you rejoice that healing is on its way, only to find out in a few weeks or months the symptoms are worse the ever. Faith can be given a huge jolt and you can find yourself questioning God. Waiting for answered prayer is hard. It can weaken our faith and destroy our hope. It is harder to go back to God with our questions when we thought our prayers had already been answered. We know in our heads that God is in control and He has a greater plan for us, but our hearts are hurt and we can become confused and bewildered at what seems is God lack of response to our need.
God has a reason for our period of waiting. It is often in the valley of sickness or trials, that we grow spiritually. Patience grows in the valley and not on the mountain top.
I do not know what prayer you are waiting for an answer from God, but do not give up. God has not forsaken us. Be Careful not to allow this time of waiting to cause you to give up on God and lose your way. Our answers are on the way. Our time of waiting may be longer then we had hoped but we are not waiting alone. God is with us every step of the way. Talk to God. Do not be afraid to tell God that your are upset at the slowness of His answers. As long as we give God the respect that is due Him, we can be honest about our feelings when we talk to Him. I pray that God will comfort and encourage all of us who are waiting on answers to our needs.
Betty

Isaiah 64:4King James Version (KJV)4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Isaiah 26:8King James Version (KJV)8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

A male Cardinal this morning at the feeder.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Praise God I did not wake up sick at 4:15 this morning. I had prayed for a night of peaceful sleep and God was merciful. While there are times that we go through trying trials, God is merciful and full of grade to give us a time of rest.
This last weekend was a reminder that the world has a sin problem. Whether it is a terrorist act or a person killing their estranged mate, it is hate that starts the journey to violence. People allow the devil to plant the sin of hate in their lives and they feed the plant. Hate unchecked can lead to violence. While there is a crime of passion, many crimes have developed over times as hate grows out of control. Hate not only kills people by the hater, it also kills the soul of the person who has allowed hate to grow in their heart. This does not have to be. Jesus wants to kill the hate and restore our heart to a loving heart. When we allow hate to grow even if we do not react in violence, we destroy our own health. Many doctors believe that bitterness over time open us up to cancer and other illness. We forgive not only because it is a sin not to, but there is no peace for us if we allow hate to blossom in our hearts and lives. When we hate, we not only have the wound that the person did to us but we allow them to hurt us everyday by allowing bitterness to grow. We free not only the person who hurt us but ourselves when we choose to forgive. Terrorist are encouraged to hate strangers that are different then them. This hate grows and it turns the person in to a killer. Christians are never to hate a person or a group of people. We are to hate the sin because we know unforgiven sin sends unsaved people to hell. We are to love the sinner and pray that they will be saved before it is too late.
In our Country we are grieving and as we grieve we need to pray that Satan will not use this grief to fill our hearts and lives with bitterness. We should pray that people will reach out to Jesus in their time of grief and emotional pain.
Betty
Assorted birds this morning at the feeders, makes me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Our Nation is grieving the lost of 50 lives. It is a deep lost because we have no security that these souls are in Heaven. I say this not to judge them, but the reality is they were living a lifestyle that is contrary to God's Word. We can hope that some prayed before they died and received salvation, but it is too late to pray for their souls. What do we do? We pray for their loved ones. We pray for the injured. We pray that God will use this to reach the homosexual community. We must not use this time to be hateful or cruel to the gay community but to pray for them.
Christians are not safe from this kind of hatered. The people who killed these young people and those homosexuals they are killing in the Middle East as well, hate Christians. In the Middle East Christians are being killed for their faith in Christ. We are naive if we think this hate will not play out in America one day and maybe even soon. This is the time to do some soul searching. Is our faith strong enough to face death? I believe God will give us the faith and grace to stand firm in our faith. At the same time we need to be close to God and growing in our faith, so if that time comes we are prepared. I will be honest with you and say that I pray the rapture happens first, but I do not know the future.
For now let us pray for the families that have lost loved ones. Let us pray that God will bring an awakening to the gay community that many will be saved and turn away from their sinful lifestyle. As Christians we do not need to look down on anyone and should only be concerned for the lost. I have found that we have to tread carefully when witnessing to a gay person that if we are not careful, in our zeal to see someone we care about saved, we can come off judgmental and even cruel. This will only drive the person further from God. We love the person and hate the sin.
Betty
Up again sick at 4:15 this morning. I know I am in the hands of God and I must remind self that there is a reason. Was happy to see the chicken yesterday.

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement