Christian Message Board And Forums

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Board And Forums   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 1, 2018
Good Evening and Blessed Sunday,

Along with Easter, today was April Fool’s Day. So many people look at Christians and think we are foolish.

1 Corinthians 1:18 King James Version (KJV)18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The Gospel made so simple that a young child of 7 can or younger can get saved and yet often the highly intelligent and wealthy people trip themselves up over the Gospel. They feel it is too simple to be believed.

2 Kings 5:9-14 King James Version (KJV)9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the Lord his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
14 Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

Naaman was not pleased at the prospect of dipping himself in the Jordan River, yet if Elisha had asked for a large amount of money, Naaman would have paid it to be heal. He almost lost his chance for healing because of the simpleness of the request.

When we give ourselves to God and allow Him to be our King, we find peace and joy. Yes we will have dark days but God will be with us, even then. It is so sad that so many, many people will day stand before the White Throne of Heaven and be condemned to hell because they rejected salvation.

Today, let us pray for lost souls, especially those who think Easter is just chocolate bunnies and Easter eggs. No, I do not have a problem with your young ones and grand kids getting a Easter basket. Just make sure they know the true reason for Easter.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 2947 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 2, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

A another new month and still God has not sent Jesus to get us. We can become depressed waiting for Jesus, but that is not God’s plan for us. While He wants us to look towards His return as a day of great joy, He still wants us to be grateful for every day of life we have. Every new day represents another day with our loved ones. Another day to pray and seek ways to reach the loss. Another day to live for Jesus. In other words live every day to the fullest while glancing at the sky with anticipation of Jesus’ return.

As we live each day, seek to be an encourager to fellow brethren. We are all under attack from the devil. A kind word, a hug, and a card in the mail can help another to keep going through the devil’s attack. Let us seek ways to work for God and for others.

I hope you had a wonderful day, yesterday, with family and friends. We were blessed to have a lovely Easter dinner with our Son’s inlaws, who are family to us. Our daughter and husband came too. We had a blessed day.
Betty

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 2947 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 3, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Hubby found out he is diabetic. We gave away the marshmallow eggs and sugared tea. We picked up salad stuff and fresh fruit, today. Being a diabetic, requires changes in your life style. Sometimes, we have to make changes in our lives, to grow spiritually. I have watched a show for 10 years and liked it, until this year they started using the Lord’s Name in vain.

There are times that our spirit is grieved by something we watch. The world is becoming more and more unfriendly for Christianity. Jesus said it would. Television is pushing transgenders down our throats. It seems almost every show has a transgender. They did the same thing with gays a few years ago. We might think it is no big deal, but they are slowly making sexual sins, seem normal. Things that where once hidden on back roads are put on Main Street, now.

As we see these things happen, Jesus tells us to look up for our redemption, is coming soon. He does not want His children to live in fear. We are not without hope for soon Jesus will come for us. For now we live for Jesus and place our fears, anxiety, and confusion in His hands.
Betty
I got some flower seeds in the mail today. That was a nice surprise.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 4, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Today I turned 66, old lady, I am😀. If my 25 year old self, could see me now,she would not recognize me. Not just physically but I am a different person emotionally and spiritually. My priorities are different today and they were at 25, which is a good thing. The paths that I walked were often hard and I was often fearful, BUT, God saw me to the other side.

As we get older, we look in the mirror and see wrinkles and other marks of aging, with me it is wrinkles and white hair. Let us pray for spiritual changes as we grow older. What a shame it would be , if as we grow older we have become stagnant or even worse taken steps backwards in our faith.

God is patient with us as we grow through trials and setbacks. He is with us every step, good times and bad. He rejoices with us when we bring a new life into the world and he griefs with us when we have to say goodbye to a loved one. We really don’t realize how patient, He is with us. I can imagine how stressed I would be if I had to spend 30 minutes with a room full of toddlers. I love kids but as I get older I get more stressed and nervous around loud noises.

God is with us when we are baby Christians and as we grow in our faith and trust in Him. Every Christian, has probably prayed, “Lord, please help to learn what you are teaching me so I don’t have to go through this trial again!”. The truth is we often have to go through things more then once. Sometimes we fight against the trial and moan and groan thought the process, learning nothing, but now stubborn we really are. God is patient with us even in those times.

Have a blessed day. I pray that God brings you little diamonds of joy throughout your day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 5, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

I am seeing no improvement with this viral infection. In fact my voice is getting rough and weak. The Doctor comes back from vacation Monday. So I will go see him. Do you remember the old prayer: “Lord give me patience, and give it to me yesterday” . Spiritual growth does not happen over night. If we are not careful, we can become impatient with our selves. God is patient with us and we need to show ourselves some patience.

Growing in our faith is important. There will be times that we are stuck in a wheel grinding out the same work, day by day. Even this can helps us grow spiritually. Our process of working steadily, grows character. Part of working for God diligently and wiling. A employer does not want an employee that does great work on Monday, Tuesday works as little as they can get away with, and Wednesday, doesn’t even show up for work.

Let us be steady workers for God. There will be times because of sickness, you might be unable to be at your usual post, then pray. Be a prayer warrior for God.
When we get older and health issues pop up, let us take up prayer as a steady worker for God. Sending a card to someone who is struggling, is a work for Christ. Ask God where He wants you to be.

Betty
Haven’t seen a bird today. I need to trim the shrubs so I can see them.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 6, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Friday,

This the time of day, that workers begin to wind down from their busy day. It is also a good time to thank God that you made it home safely. A prayer of gratitude for your job, is also good. Let us begin this weekend with a heart of appreciation and praise for God, Our Heavenly Father. I pray that God will bless your weekend with rest for your body and your spirit.

Take time to do something you enjoy this weekend and if you can, spend some
time with your family. I pray that God will bless you and your family.
Bett

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 7, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Let Others See Jesus, In Us!

When we are out in the world, do others look at our behavior and see Jesus? When we are driving, does our actions reflect our Christian bummer sticker, or do people call us a hypocrite because our behavior is unChrist like. We live in a rush, rush world. Drivers cut each other without a thought. Do we react in a Christian way or do we allow our temper to control our reaction ? I admit I have a tendency to become a grumpy old grandma behind the wheel. Many times I have had to ask God for forgiveness. It is best to pray before we get behind the wheel. Pray for protection and that God will help us have a good attitude and to be kind.

Through our day at work and taking care of business, we can pray that God will guide and to help us to be kind and gentle in dealing with other people. We want the love of God to shine through us so that they can see Jesus in us. Our reactions and actions can be used by God to share His love with the world. On the other hand our actions and reactions can be a bad reflection on our faith in Christ. Try not to go out in the world with a poor attitude. If your day starts badly, pray for grace from God so He can use us for His glory. Always be a willing vessel for the Lord to use. When we lose our temper with others, apologize. Even if they refuse to accept your apology, you have done the right thing.

Have a blessed weekend.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

This song comforts me

https://youtu.be/RCTl4tUYIAg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 8, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Have you ever had a prayer that seemed to go unanswered? All of us have. Today I prayed that health issue would not occur at Church. I did have issues and I know it could have been worse. For once I chose to not get upset but to trust that God, had a reason. Truth is, there are occurrences that will and have happened to us that we do not understand. Having faith in God is accepting His will even when we do not understand the reasoning behind God’s decisions. Jut trust and believe in Him in all things.

Trusting in God in good and bad times, will cause us to grow spirituality. This is important in our walk with our Heavenly Father. When we are willing to accept the will of God in our lives, we will be blessed by God. Our goal should be to be obedient children of God.

I pray that you have a good day with family and friends.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 9, 2018

The bird feeders and squirrel feeders have been filled. All ready for the birds to come. Have we ever thought about how hard our Pastors works to deliver the message on Sunday morning?They study and study, pray and pray, and meditate and mediate to be able to deliver what God has given Him for us.

It must be so frustrating to be doing God’s Work, while people are talking to one another, reading the Church bulletin, and going in and out of the service. The Minister is often taken for granted and so is his wife. My sister was a Minister’s wife. It would make me so sick when people complained that Pastor’s are getting rich off of tithes.

True there are Pastors on TV who live in mansions. They are few and far between. Most Pastors just barely make it from check to check just like the rest of us. Unlike us, they never really have a day off unless they leave town for vacation. Deaths and disasters happen 24 hours a day. Pastors often, leave their beds to Go minister to sick people and hurting people.

What does a lay person do? They encourage their Pastors. They don’t nick pick every message, pointing out to the Pastor any so called errors made. We pray for our Pastor. We ask Him for ideas on for ways we can bless him. Above all let us be attentive when he preaches. Pray for hearts to be open to the truth. After Church, if you can get to him, shake his hands and thank him for delivering the message.

The Pastor delivers the Word and God begins working in hearts. Sometimes to our dismay, the message steps on our toes. That is a good thing, for it gives us a chance to seek forgiveness from God and anyone we have hurt. We may not know we are sinning in a certain area, without a Preacher to share the truth.

Romans 10:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Pray this week for your Pastor.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 10, 2018

We were born in to a world with turmoil and stress. It has only gotten worse through time. There was a short time as young children when there were no demands and no stress, but by the time we entered School, we took on the stress of learning and passing test. As human beings we cannot comprehend the peace of Heaven. Complete peace is an emotion that is foreign to this world.

As children of God, we can have peace even in the midst of turmoil and stress. As we begin to turn over everything to Jesus, He begins to fill our hearts and minds with peace. Even in times of physical struggles, we can lean into Jesus and read His Holy Word for comfort and peace. The devil will return time after time to fill our hearts and minds with fears, each time remind the devil that he is the father of liars and return to Jesus and find peace under His wings.

One day we will live in Heaven, where there is perfect peace, but for now we can lean on Jesus, trust in Him completely, and go to sleep at night knowing that Jesus is in control.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Are Our Fruits of the Spirit Showing?

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

When we go out in the world do people see the fruits of the Holy Spirit shining through us, so other can see? Do we bless others with the fruits of the Holy Spirit? Or do we act and look like grumpy and angry people? Do we look like one cross word and we are going to explode? Am I the only one that has attitude
issues?

We are a testimony to the world, whether we want to be or not. We want people to see Jesus in us, but there are times, that Jesus must want to carry a sign saying that He has no idea who we are. Yes, we as Christians bring shame to the Name of Christ, when we lose our tempers, curse or be impatient with others.
Sadly as we get older, we have a tendency to become more impatient and grumpy. Between not being able to do as much as we used to and constant pain, if we allow it we can become one of those people that no one wants to be around.

My dear friends, it doesn’t have to be this way. We can pray and ask God to give us a sweet spirit even in the middle of our difficulties. Yes there will be times we are overwhelmed, but take a minute and talk to God. Tell Him about our frustrations and then ask Him to give us a sweet and kind spirit. Be willing to be used by God, even if it is just being a willing hand to another and prayers said for one another. Let us be about allowing others to see Jesus working through us.
Betty
Two dove couples eating this morning. Made me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 12, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

I have barely slept and the few times, were catnaps, but when I awoke, there were songs of praise on my lips. We can find reasons to rejoice, even when symptoms of illnesses and diseases keep us awake. When we do this instead of struggling to sleep, we are at peace. The good news for me is when I do go to sleep, I can sleep as late as I want. The key to dealing with troubles, is to be at peace with God. I used to beg God to help Hubby and I to sleep. Now I relax, when I am awake. I read and play computer games on my tablet in bed.

Many of us have sleepless nights because of pain and other symptoms of disease in our body. When we learn to accept that this is God’s will for us, we can stop resisting and submit to the will of God. Sometimes the sweetest time with God, is talking to Him and praising His Name in the middle of the night. This quiet time with God can be peaceful and good for our spiritual growth. As we talk to God we begin to feel His love for us. Many times God will lay on our hearts someone to pray for. When we do this, we can work for God, even from bed. Remember, one day we will walk the streets of Heaven with no pain, no disease, and no tears.

Let us press on, knowing everything we do for God is a privilege. One day we will be rewarded for serving God even though we are ill. When discouragement comes, talk it over with Jesus. Remember the old Hymn:

Have a Little Talk With Jesus

I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from heaven filled my soul
It bathed my heart in love and it wrote my name above
And just a little talk with my Jesus made me whole.
Have a little talk with Jesus
Tell him all about our troubles
Hear our fainted cry, answer by and by
Feel a little prayer wheel turning
Know a little fire is burning
Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.
Lyrics continue below

Read more: Brenda Lee - Have A Little Talk With Jesus Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Betty.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 13, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

I woke up this morning with Jesus on my mind and a song of praise in my heart. No better way to wake up. I took Bertha to get her nails trimmed I have come back to bed. I don’t know if the medication is started to work, but I feel so bad I thought I would cry. Yet even in my misery, I felt the presence of God.

Sometimes we think that every thing has to be perfect in our lives to show God is with us. This is a lie. It is often in our most troubled times that we feel God more closely. In our misery we tend to draw closer to God. In troubled times we lay aside the fake us and come to God open and vulnerable. It is in these times, that God can work wonders in our life. God is not wanting a relationship with the fake us. The ‘us’ we show the world. He wants the real us, the one with doubts. The one with worries. The honest us, to come to Him, open and willing to accept His will for our lives.

When we are willing to allow God to work through us, we will begin to see results. This does not mean we will then get a perfect life, free of pain and troubles. We will have a real relationship with God and a deep relationship with Him. When we are willing to walk with God daily, we will begin to grow spiritually.

We can learn to trust God in sickness and in health, in need and in prosperity.
We can learn to trust God in all things. This does not mean that there won’t come new troubles that knock us down. When this happens instead of crying: “Why me, God!” We ask Him to help us up and to sustain us through this trying time.

As we walk close to God, He will show us why things are happening the way they are in this world. We will see God bringing the pieces together for the tribulation. Do not fear, my friend, God will soon send Jesus to bring His children, home to Heaven. Instead rejoice in the knowledge that it won’t be long until we go home.
Betty

Yesterday we had 2 dove couples, a couple of blue jays and couple of cardinals.
I praise God for Him blessing me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog, today. Spending the night hospital with pneumonia.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April, 16, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Looks like I will be going home from the hospital today. I will have to remind myself to take care of myself and rest when I get home. Just as we often do not take care of our bodies, we can neglect our spiritual health. Even Pastors can become so focused on others and neglect themselves. In fact any worker in the Church can neglect their health and their own spiritual food. If we are running on empty, we doo not have a source to help others.

It is important to get rest for our bodies and spend time alone with God. We also need quality time with family. When we do these things we are better equipped to share God’s love with others. Do not be afraid to admit when you need help. It is not a lack of faith or weakness on your part to realize you cannot do everything. What we do is pray and ask God what should be are priorities both in our family and our Christin walk.

When we are in balanced with God, family and Church, we will be more at peace. As always we can pray even when we are resting our bodies. We can pray as we go about our chores in the house and in the world. May we rejoice in the goodness of God’s love for us. Do not allow the situation in the Middle East. God did call His children to fear what is happening, but to keep our trust in Him. As always stayed prayed up and avoid sin. May we live in a way that is pleasing to to our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 17, 2018

I am more miserable today. I called my Doctor and they said that is common when antibiotics start to work. When we grow through trials spiritually, you will often feel miserable. If I stopped taking my antibiotics, I will get worse and most likely end up back in the hospital. If we stomp our feet and refuse to allow God to take us through those growing pains, we can be assured that we will revisit them again.

It is so much easier to stay the course and trust God. He will not abandon you. Instead of struggling, draw closer to God. When we put complete trust in God, knowing His ways are the best.

I would appreciate your prayers.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 18, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday.

What a mighty God we serve.
Angels bow before him.
Heaven and earth adore him.
I command you, Satan,
in the name of the Lord
to take up your weapons and flee,
for the Lord has given me authority
to walk all over thee.

This song was, in my head when I when I woke up. I am blessed to wake up with a praise and worship song on my lips. What a wonderful way to reminded of the greatness of God! Let us seek ways to praise God through out our days. True joy comes from being at peace with God.

Whether we are sick or well, we can rejoice in the goodness of God to His children. When troubles come, we still have our Heavenly Father walking besides us. Fear not, for our Heavenly Father, controls the universe. We my be walking a little slower, but we can find rest in the bosom of God.
Betty

I saw a young dove couple today.

Psalm 24:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 19. 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Why did you say that?

Into days world, many of us communicate by texting. It is quick and convenient. Texting though does not allow us to see each other’s facial expression. This sometimes allows for misunderstanding and can lead to hurt feelings.

Sometimes our motives are questioned by others. We do something out of love and people wonder if we are just doing them for extra brownie points. One thing that God has been dealing we me about is questioning someone’s motives.
Only God knows the heart. For me to question the motives of others is conjecture on my part and judging others in the worse way. We should not judge others on the motives of the heart.

As Christians we can be quick to judge fellow believers. On the other hand, God may have you gently warn a fellow believer who has gone off path. This is only done when we pray first that our intentions are pure. Dealing with a fellow Christian who has wondered off the path of righteousness is different then a teacher or preacher who is teaching false Gospel. People should be warned about false teachers and preachers.

Those who teach things that are contrary to the Bible are evil. With a smile on their faces they are leading people to hell. Fellow believer should be warned about these people. Those leaders who have left the truth of the Gospel and taking on teachings that are more pleasant to the ears should be judged and avoided.

In all things seek God’s help. Seek His guidance and share His love with others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 20, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

There are days when you have no motivation to do anything. Even working for God can seem like a chore, even though you love God with all your heart. Some times you need to take a walk and just talk to God. Some times you need physical rest. We can find peace in our relationship with God. Meditating on God’s Word can blow out the spider webs from our heads. We can ask God for a spiritual tune up.

As Americans, we mourn the loss of Barbara Bush, as we should. We are also reminded of the day we too will face God. It is not as much as getting our p’s and q’s in a row, but of strengthening our relationship with God. Seek forgiveness of unforgiven sins and seek to live in a way that is pleasing to God. If we do that we do not have to fear death.

When we are right with God, death will just be closing the door to this life and opening the door to eternity with our Heavenly Father. We look forward to that with a fierce yearning. Until it is God’s time we work for God not out obedience but out of our love for Him.

Have a blessed day. Take time for fun and relaxing, do a little work, and do much prayer, to end the day with things as they should be.
Betty
Been visited by a male Cardinal and a finch.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 21, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Watching a squirrel climb up and down a pole to get to the feeders. The squirrel is having fun and I am being amused. One of my little diamonds of joy. Hubby and I are still sick, suffering together. God in His mercy sent me encouragement.

Today, I read that some Collages are teaching a class that is teaching against Christianity. I never dreamed this would happen in America. Feelings of anger, fear, and hurt that my Country has become so anti-God. Then I reminded myself that this is what the Bible said would happen. Things are falling in place for the world to accept the anti-Christ. There are very scary times ahead for this world.

If we keep our faith in Jesus and trust in Him, we will be taken out of this world before the tribulation starts. This does not mean we will not face hard times but we will not be alone. Knowing Jesus is with us all the time can bring hope and peace into our hearts and minds.

Like Paul reminded us, we are not a people without hope. There is coming a day when Jesus will indeed step out on a cloud and welcome us home to Heaven. Do not live in fear, but you keep your trust in God. He will never fail us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 22, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Are we willing to step out of my comfort zone?

We all have an invisible line that marks the area that we feel save. What do we do if God asks us to step over the line? Do we pretend not to hear? Do we make excuses for not moving? It is not easy to take that leap of faith. We should know God will catch us if we fall, but we sometimes doubt.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The more we study God’s Word, the more faith we will have. We exercise our faith in God by our obedience to Him. God can not trust us with big things if we refuse to trust Him in the small things. Daily growing in the Lord is essential to our spiritual growth. Trust and obedience brings about spiritual growth. We should pray each day that God will help us to be obedient to His call.

Have a blessed day. Sunday’s are good day to worship God and to rest.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 23, 2018

Hope you weekend was enjoyable and that you found times for rest and times for searching for your little diamonds of joy. Hope you feel refreshed physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Our spiritual journey is not a street straight up a hill. Although at times we feel like we are embarking on a journey up Mt Everest. Our journey is like climbing around a mountain. There are times that we feel we are making headway only to fall many feet below in a valley. These valleys are hard and the devil uses them to his advantage. He will try to get us to give up. Telling us that we are a better Christian then some, so let us just build a little hut and stay in the valley. Or he will convince us that we do not have the right tools to climb back up. If we put on the armor of Christ, we do have the right tools. The reality is we cannot stop our journey and just live there in peace.

We are like water, if we stop moving we become stagnant and we will stink. We are either moving forward or we are sliding back. We can lose years of growth by allowing the devil to convince us to stop. I am not talking about you, I am talking about us. We all grow tired and we all are tempted to say to God that we are content to stay where we are.

We can allow pride get in our way. We can say in our hearts that we do not want to become one of those “Jesus people”, always talking about God. We can be afraid our friends will abandoned us, if we talk about Jesus too much. Sadly, we can miss out on a wonderful relationship here and now with Jesus, when we want to keep Him on Sunday and put Him away on Monday. Our prayer should be: “if I must error let it be because I am too close to God rather than to far away”

There is a group of people in California that wants to outlaw the selling of Bibles because of God’s stand on homosexual. This should scare us pale. Our Country is slowly becoming anti-God. High School and College students have failed a class because they wrote about God. These things are happening because the tribulation is around the corner. These things should scare us toward God and not seek ways to hide our faith.

My dear friends, this is not the time to be a “Sunday only” Christians. We need to make up our minds, we are going to serve God to the end or be more concerned about pleasing those of this world. God is calling us to choose. The world will soon demand we choose God our the political correctness of the world. If we are a Sunday only Christian, will our faith be strong enough to choose God in public?
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 24, 2018

Today, I express to my sister, Beverly, how I am so tired; physically and emotionally. Truth is I am tired. Then I think of the squirrels who come every day to the feeders. The squirrels nor the birds, lose any sleep wondering if I will fill the feeders. Even when I forget, their maker provides for them.

Just as our Heavenly Father provides for the birds and little creatures, He provides for us. Why do we stress over what we cannot fix? Why do we not go to God for answers. Why do we wait until we are physically exhausted to call on God? Are we trying to prove we can stand in our own strength? Are we afraid of bothering God. Jesus says for us to come to Him.

Matthew 11:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Jesus wants to give us rest, physically, emotionally, and mentally. We must take that first step and ask for help. Lay aside our pride and admit our needs. When we do we will find rest. When we trust in God we will find peace. I talk a lot about trust but without trust we cannot receive what God has for us. We must open our arms and our hearts to accept His gifts for us. Let us not close ourselves off from God working in us and through us. Allow God to love us and allow others to love us. People who live lives where they need no one including God, are missing out on many blessings.
Betty

James 4:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 25, 2018

Our dog, Bertha is a large dog in a small body. When we let her out in the morning she runs to the fence to bark at the neighbors three big dogs. Bertha carries on like she can take all three dogs. Hubby tapped on the office window and she almost flew to the back door to get inside. She thought the dogs had jumped the fence.

When we try to take on the devil or resist his temptations on our own we are like Bertha up against a huge dog. God never told us to go take on the devil. He did say the devil will come at us and attempt to turn us away from God. God reminded us that He has already defeated the devil. When the devil comes at us we do not stand there in a super man costume, ready for battle. We stand in the armor of God. It does not matter how many years we have been saved or how strong in our faith we are. We will be defeated if we attempt to fight the devil on our own.

God does not want us to live in fear. We can live securely when we realize that God is with us. We will have our defeats, that is a given. We lick our wounds and run to Jesus. He will heal us and strengthen us. Even defeats can help us grow in our faith in Jesus, if we run to Him instead of giving up.

My brothers and sisters we are so close to the prize. It would be a tragedy to give up on God now. Let us hold on to the truth of God so we are not swayed by new ‘gospels’ of the world. If what you hear something contrary to the Bible, run from it. God has not changed His mind on sin. If it was a sin when the Bible was written, then it is a sin today. God is all knowing, He does not need enlightenment.

Philippians 3:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

April 26, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Thursday,

The song “Joy Unspeakable”, is in my head. Our Lord God does indeed fill our heart with joy. None of us live trouble free lives, but God in His mercy, encourages and comforts us. As Christians we can be an instrument used by God to encourage our fellow believers. We should seek ways that we can work for God. Let us be open to His calling and willing vessels to do His work.

If you do not feel joyful today, that does not make you a bad Christians. We all have days when we feel blue. God understands this. We can talk to Him about what is bothering us. We can always be honest with God. We can trust Him to guide us on good and bad days.

I pray that God will bless you. Reach out to one another when we need a helping hand. Do not allow pride keep you from seeking help from God and others.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Church Webs | Privacy Statement