Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 19)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‎Friday, ‎November ‎4, ‎2016 12:59:36 PM
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Exodus 14:21New King James Version (NKJV)
21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided.

I hate storms at night. I am so nervous that I cannot sleep. It was at night that God provided a storm that allowed His children to escape the Egyptions. Sometimes God allows us to go through storms so that when we come through them we have grown spiritually and our faith is stronger. Sometimes our way of escape is through a storm. Sometimes God takes us out of the storm. Sometimes He takes around the storm, but sometimes He takes through the middle of the storm, just like the red sea.
Next week we have the election. No matter who wins there will be storms ahead. Let us be praying, that God will use these storms to bring sinners and backsliders to God. May many be souls be saved through the storms ahead. We as God's children must be strong in faith or we will react in hopelessness and our testimony of our faith in God will be shredded in front of the world. May we be the shining light that guides lost souls to God to receive salvation. Pray that we do not embarrass our Heavenly Father by allowing ourselves to be overcome with fear and terror. Whatever happens, God is still in control and He will not forsake His people. Stay strong in the Lord and pray for guidance.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‎Thursday, ‎November ‎3, ‎2016 12:04:21 PM
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,
In Paul's teaching, he urges us to act loving and kind in our relationships. We live in a world that seeks restituion and justice and not mercy. If someone hurts your foot, you want to hurt their foot. The Word of God teaches us to react in love and grace. This is not always easy. The deeper the pain done to us, the harder it is not to react with vengance. When the devil, encourages us to go for the throat, stop and pray for peace and guidance from God. When we give our pain over to Jesus and begin to pray for the one who hurt us we will begin to feel peace fill our hearts and minds. When we remember how much God has forgiven us we should be ashamed of our lack of forgivness for others. The Bible says that God loves a cheerful giver. I can't help but believe that He wants us to be a cheerful forgiver. In other words dont just half hearted forgive others but forgive without stewing over the misjustice we had done to us.

Today as you go about your day, remind yourself to be prayful about the elction, lost souls, and guidance in your own life. God has a plan and no matter who wins and whatever happens afterwards, the devil has not defeated God. In the midst of storms we can find peace in the arms of our Heavenly Father.
Betty
We have ajusted to our move and have some wonderful neighbors but I do miss all the squirrels that were at Jeff's place. I just have one here and though it is eating the seed, I do not see it often

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Wednesday, ‎2 ‎November, ‎2016
10:03:25 AM

Yesterday was interesting day to say the least. Went to the dentist my insurance approved of and they want $5,777.00 out of pocket and then go rear ended at the grocery store by a teenager. The young lady started crying and hubby and I decided to live with the little ding and looks I will live with a missing tooth. I am praying my dental insurance can find a cheaper dentist, but in this world there are somethings we do have to learn to live with. Sometimes, it is diseases that have no cure, sometimes it is our mates, our boss, and just life itself. The good news is we have a Heavenly Father, we can go to for help. Often the help we need is encouragement that He will be with us every step we make. God has not promised a life that is smooth sailing all the way to Heaven's Gate, but He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. I used to hear a saying: "God will not give you more then you can bear". Actually, God will not give us more then He can help us bear. So when you feel overcome, go to Jesus and seek His help. Now is not the time to give up.

The election is coming soon so get out and vote. Someone told me that did not know if they could bear it if Hillary wins. We need to remember, no matter who wins, God is still in control. Things are going to get bad no matter who wins, the Bible says so. I do believe it will be worse in Hillary wins, but keep your faith in Jesus. Have a wonderful day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Nov 1,2016 11:25 a.m.

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Some morning we get up and every things falls in place. Other mornings it seems every thing you touch falls. You spill your coffee, you drop your breakfast on the floor, and you can't find your keys. Before you walk out the door your mood is as tasty as soured milk and God help the next person who looks at you wrong. My friend, it doesn't have to be this way. We do not have to allow the devil to affect our day and the we react to others that way. We can stop and ask God to give us a change of attitude and then begin to praise God and before you know it, your mood and attitude has changed. We can choose to strive to be like Jesus and seek to have an attitude that is Christ like.

We have no control to some extent to what the world will bring us each day, but we can ask God to help us be a reflection of Him, in the way we react to circumstances. We can choose to reflect kindness and joy to others or we can choose to be angry and bitter. Start our your day in prayer and some time in the word of God and seek guidance for the day from your Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 31,2016 11:21 a.m.
Good Morning and Happy Halloween,

We are giving out tracts and candy. I look forward to seeing the younger ones in their costumes. They are so cute. There are a lot of mixed feelings about Halloween, but I believe we can pray over the candy and tracts, that children will be saved. Halloween can be used for the good of the children and their families.

Yesterday, I made it to Church and I was blessed for doing so. It was the first time I had heard the Pastor preach because he had been out recovering from surgery. Tomorrow starts a new month and the beginning of the Holidays. I look forward to having my tree up. I love Christmas lights and seeing the outside of people's houses decorated for Christmas. As the season progresses, we should start thinking of ways to be a blessing to others and grateful for the many blessings we have. Even with every issue we have in America, we are still blessed to be in this Country.

Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Saturday October 29,2016
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Reading my devotions outside brings new perspectives every day. This morning a honey bee was trying to convince me to allow it to drink some of my coffee and a bite of my coconut pie. Surely it thought I could share a little bit. While sharing coffee with insects is not really appetizing, there are many things we can share with others through out the day. A word of encouragement, a smile, or a pat on the hand are wonderful ways to share God's love with others. When strangers mention the fear they have over this election, remind them that they can go to God for guidance. When a stranger expresses fear over the health of a love one, offer to pray for their loved one. I have yet to have someone ask me not to pray for their loved one.

This morning the sky is a beautiful color of blue with fluffy white clouds. Can't you just imagine lying on one of those clouds? What a mighty God we serve! I am enjoying sitting out here listening to the birds. One bird sounds like it is snoring. My body is protesting and pain is coming slowly to the surface but, my mind and heart is at peace. I remind myself that the joy of the Lord is not measured by the health of our bodies. One day we will lay aside our broken bodies and welcome a glorified body. A body that will never struggle for breath or ache with pain. What a glorious day that will be! For now let us rejoice in knowing Heaven awaits us.

I left a few crumbs of pie for the honey bee. The bee did not seem to like it, after all. Be blessed my friend and remember the troubles of today will soon pass away and we will enter into eternity with our Heavenly Father.

--------------------

Ablorba
Advanced Member
Member # 14122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ablorba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty Louise,

I like you contrasting personal illness and weakness and simplicity to GOD's history of answered prayer and powerful work. I go through some of the things you describe, but not like the peace you show. Fear, doubt, and stress also cloud my thoughts and it is a sickening battle to be calm and trusting. Thank you for your example. Praises to Him!
--Sacramento Pine

Posts: 54 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Friday October, 28, 2016. 1:12 p.m.
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

I had a bad night last night and then woke up with a queasy tummy, so I read my devotion in bed and let the dog out to do her business and then went back to bed and took a nap. I used to feel guilty for doing things like that, but not anymore. I have come to realize that God wants us to take care of our bodies and our emotional health. Needing help is not something to be ashamed of. If we did not acknowledge our need for salvation we would not ever get saved. My doctor is out of town this week but hopefully he can find out if my disease is progressing or if I have developed a new problem. For now it is resting and waiting. Resting is good for us. So many times in the Bible, God tells us to come to Him and rest. Sadly it is self pride that keeps is from admitting our need for help.

God does not call the super strong for the most part but calls the weak so we can be strong in Him. Even in our weakness and sickness, we can rejoice in the love God has given us. God's mercy is more then we can comprehend and the joy He fills us up with is there even when the room is spinning and our body reacts to sickness in pain. We can sing songs of praise in our hearts when our voice is to weak to sing out loud. Let us do like David and remind ourselves of the many victories God has brought into our lives and our families. What a marvelous God we serve! Whether your life is affected by sickness, financial issues, or marriage discord, rejoice in the love of our Heavenly Father.
Betty
Still have our squirrel, possum, and a couple of stray kittens.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thursday October 27, 2016
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

This morning I am writing my blog sitting at the table on my patio. I am still fighting depression and today I thought sitting out in nature would perk up my spirit. Even though God wants to heal my depression, I have to make an effort. I have to choose to seek His guidance and be thankful for the many blessings I have. The devil wants us to dwell on negative thoughts. God wants us to fill our minds with the wonderful things God has done in the past and in the present for us.

I see our flag in the yard. We can be thankful that for now we can still freely wave our flag in this Country. My neighbor has a cross on her door and for now we still have Religious freedoms. Instead of dwelling on what the future might bring, let us be thankful for what we have today. Too often we spend our days worrying about what tomorrow may bring. We can do very little about tomorrow, but we can praise God for what we have today. We cannot be a blessing today if we walk around with a frown and a angry look on our faces. When I was a teenager there was a group of ladies in our town who thought that walking around looking like they just ate the bitterest lemon made them look spiritual. I told my mom, how could they win souls for Christ, when they looked so miserable, that no one would want what they had. My mom just shook her head. God teaches us to share the Gospel. Looking miserable and angry will chase people away and not bring people to Christ.

Most of us realize that when the cashier at the grocery store ask us how we are, she or he doesn't want a 20 minute speech of all our aliments. This doesn't mean we should lie, but we can answer: "I am blessed!", even when we are in pain and miserable. Our circumstances does not take away the fact that as children of God, we are still blessed, no matter our circumstances. Whatever we are going through, whether it be physical or emotional pain we are blessed beyond measure to be called by God, His children. Today may be hard, but our eternal future is joyous beyond our words to describe. We are indeed blessed !

I am still in physical pain but my spirit feels better from sitting here and dwelling on the many things God has done for me. May today, you be reminded the many ways God has blessed you. Be grateful for what you have.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Wednesday, October 26, 2016. 11:07

This morning I have the blues. Depression is common for those of us who suffer from chronic illnesses. Pretending you are not depressed is not the answer. Everybody suffers from depression at times. Remember David was a man who God commended for having a heart for God, yet in Psalms, you read about the many times he suffered. What did he do? First of all he admitted his depression before God. Then he reminded himself, of all the times that God was there for him.

Psalm 43:5King James Version (KJV)5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

When depression seeks to overcome us, go to God and admit how you feel. Then begin to praise God for everything He has done for you. Even those of us who suffer from daily pain and complications from disease can be thankful that we woke up another day. Remind yourself of the things you can still do for yourself.

(Chorus)
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.

Be blessed my friend, and put your trust in God. He is worthy of our praise.
Betty

We were blessed to get the cats back with us, yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Tuesday, October 26, 2016. 10:53 a.m.

This morning I do not feel good physically and I am discouraged. That is okay. We can be honest with each other and with God. As Christians we all have days like this and God who knows how many hairs on our heads, is not going to be shocked by our feelings. When we learn to be honest with each other and God and stop pretending, there will be less stress in our lives. All of us have issues and pretending our lives are perfect is counter productive to living in peace. This doesn't mean we have to tell our deepest secrets to anyone who will listen. But when we are asked how we are, we can honestly say: " not so good today but still blessed". Our physical issues and our emotional issues are not a reflection of our spiritual health. God is still with us and He is still on His Throne. We can still rejoice in the little things like a butterfly and pretty flowers. Our hope is not in our new President or a new job but in our Heavenly Father. Be blessed today and rejoice in His love for us, even when we are having a bad day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 24,2016 12.38 p.m.
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

I was awake from 4:45 this morning till 7:15 because of pain. I took medication and read a library book on my iPad until the medicine worked and I got sleepy. This morning I feel like I have a hangover from not resting properly. I say this not to complain because I have accepted the symptoms from my COPD and Colitis, but to explain my situation this morning. I feel week and not completely here. We can feel like this spiritually. Often after we go through a time of struggle, even after a victory we feel overwhelmed and spiritually tired. Elijah after a great victory did not go away rejoicing but hide from the Queen and prayed to die.

1Kings 19: 1
And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5 And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6 And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.
7 And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.
8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.
9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away
We look at Elijah and wonder how he lost his faith so quickly, but we ourselves are also guilty of allowing life to overwhelm us and bring us to a state of exhaustion. Notice that God sent an angel to feed Elijah. God did not not turn His back on Elijah nor did he forsake him.
Sometimes it is a case where we need physical and emotional healing and rest. We can get discouraged when we shared the Gospel with those we love and they reject it. We have to remind ourselves that our loved ones have to choose Jesus for themselves. Whatever your struggles today, remind yourself that Jesus is with you. Take time for proper rest and remember to eat healthy meals. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I thought to myself, that I would not write my blog, today. I was thinking that I did not have anything to say this morning. Then my heart heard a whisper that it was not about what I had to say. Since two years ago plus, I have always prayed that God would lead me in what to say. I remembered that is not about me, but about what God leads me to say. God can use us for His glory in Church, at work, and in everyday life. It is not a question of whether God wants to use us, but if we are willing to allow Him to use us for His glory. All of us including me, can get caught up in our problems that we leave God out of our day. When we begin our day seeking God and His guidance we do so much better.
We will still have problems but we will more inclined to seek the guidance and not fall to pieces. As we begin our day we should pray that God will open doors for us to share His love with others, to speak peace in stressful situations, and to speak truth in a world where truth is often rejected.

I pray that God will find us willing and listening to Him for guidance. Have a blessed day,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Saturday, ‎22 ‎October, ‎2016 11:04:25 AM
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Do you ever feel like with the shuffle and confusion of the world today, that you lose your connection to God? Do you ever feel like God has moved away from you? The Bible makes it clear that God doesn't move so it is us. We get caught up in the day to day drama and we are the one who moves away from God. Rarely are we even conscious of the move we made, until we feel overwhelmed and then we want to cry out to God and ask where He went. God has not left us but we have allowed life to move us away from God. It happens to the best of Christians. I heard a Pastor the other day say on Christian radio that he went though a time that He was distant from God. His Church had idea because he still said and did the right things. The reality it happens to all of us. We do not set out, to move away from God but we do. The answer is when we realize that we have wandered is to come back. Life is hard sometimes and most of us have had times that we are so focused on our problems that we have lost sight of God. God is calling us to come back to Him, seek His face and concentrate on Him and not our problems.

1 Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling—
Calling for you and for me;
Patiently Jesus is waiting and watching—
Watching for you and for me! Come home! come home!
Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!
2 Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading—
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies—
Mercies for you and for me?
3 Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing—
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, death-beds are coming—
Coming for you and for me!
4 Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised—
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon—
Pardon for you and for me!

It is not just sinners that Jesus is calling but His own sheep, He is callling to come to Him. Seek His face, my friend. We can be refreshed and find spiritual healing at the feet of Jesus. Yes, life can make us weary and tired but Jesus says for us to come to Him and find rest. Not only can we find rest ourselves at the feet of Jesus but we can lay at the feet of Jesus our hearts concerns for our lost loved ones. Lay aside your pride and admit that you cannot make it on your own. Admit your need for Jesus. Jesus can only help us if we admit our need. The prideful do not find help because they do not admit their needs. There is no special crown for those who attempt to live their lives without seeking God's help. It is sinful rebellion to refuse to admit that we need God's help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Friday, ‎October ‎21, ‎2016 12:03:19 PM

Psalm 36: 5Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
6Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
7How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
9For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

God is so faithful to His children, yet I am often unfaithful and always unworthy of His great love towards me. Even in my unfaithfulness God shows me mercy. When my heart is filled with doubts He still loves me and guides me. Have you ever attempted to help someone and yet they keep going back in the mud pit? This makes you want to give up and leave them there, yet God comes for His children time after time. We are so blessed that God even calls us His children and yet when we wander off like undisciplined sheep, He comes for us time after time. When we feel lost and confused, Jesus calls us to come to Him and rest under His wings. He brings healing and encouragement to our wounded hearts and hope to the hopeless. My friend, run to Jesus and not from Him. He is the only one that can see you through your dark days and times of sadness.

Jesus Gives True Rest
Matthew 11: 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Allow God to guide and seek His will for each day of your live. May God bless and keep you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Thursday, ‎October ‎20, ‎2016 11:21:28 AM

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

I was listening to the Daily Bread Podcast this morning and they talked about life being a journey. I had talked about the same thing recently and it was nice to be violated. Life is a journey and it is more then just birth to death. When we become Christians we also have a birth to death journey, experience. As baby Christians God teaches us differently then as we become seasoned Christians. We are not better Christians as we age in our faith but our faith does grow and God can teach us many new things on our spiritual journey. What a blessing it is to have traveled this journey with my Savior and Lord Jesus.

We had the last debate last night. Although I haven't checked any news outlets, I am sure they said Hillary won. The media will overlook how she is willing to allow babies in the ninth month to be pulled out of the womb, limb by limb. She talked about how mothers agonize over their decision. While some do, there are others who wear T-Shirts that brag about their abortion. When I was young, women would beg the doctor to save the baby even at the expense of their own lives. Mothers wanting their babies to be given a chance to live. Today the world teaches that babies are expendable. So sad! I urge you to seek God and pray before the election and vote. Do not stay at home and refuse to vote. Your lack of decision could cause us to lose freedom of speech and the freedom to protect ourselves.

As you go about your day take time to pray for yourself, your family, and America. Seek the guidance of God in your life.
Betty
I am happy that the squirrel has gotten used to me and will continue to eat even if she sees me at my desk.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Wednesday, ‎October ‎19, ‎2016 11:34:54 AM

This morning I had trouble making myself get out of bed. I couldn't tell if my body needed extra rest of if I had a case of the laziness. Probably a bit of both. We do not always know what is best for ourselves,, but God does. This is why God takes us down paths that we do not want to go. He sees needs in us that we do not see. He also see a future in us that we cannot comprehend, in our present state. We can grow in Him when we let go and allow God to work through us. We learn what we need to learn faster if we do not fight against the pull of God. All of us have had to gone through things over and over because we refuse to be led by God and balked at His teaching. We live in times when we need to lean on the guidance of God more then ever.

This morning it was raining and the dog did not want to go out. The air smells so much cleaner after a rain. Rain can be a inconvenience and a great things. It can conflict with out door events and even a light shower can be bad for drivers. When we have gone to long without rain, we see its value and we pray for rain. No one prays for trouble and sorrow but the path of both can lead to spiritual growth. Just as crops need rain so our souls need to go through trials to build our spiritual muscles. God wants us to trust in Him through every thing.

Be blessed my friend and let your petitions and needs be known to God. He wants to communicate with us every day and not just at Church Service.
Betty

We had a baby possum on the top of our fence last night. Now I know it is a possum and a feral kitty that has been driving our dog crazy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Tuesday, ‎October ‎18, ‎2016 11:53:22 AM
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,
Isaiah 25:1
[ Praise to God ] O Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

The Bible says that even those who do not worship God, know He exists because of God's faithfulness through nature itself. We wake up every day knowing that the rules of nature are still in place. The sun still rises to bring the morning. The ocean is still in its place and birds still sing. Nature itself obeys God. Those who choose to believe that God does not exist have chosen to ignore the evidence of God all around them. They have chosen to believe the lie from the pit of hell. Evolution is a lie from the devil. When mankind chose to believe in evolution, they chose to disbelieve in God. This belief gave birth to abortion. When people chose to believe that life was an accident then the value of human life was lost. It is this belief that human lives are worth less that allows people to live with the choice to kill another human being in the womb. Many highly respected leaders like Mother Tressa and Ghadi taught that abortion cheapen life and would lead to unspeakable crimes. If it is okay to kill the unborn soon it will be okay to kill the elderly and those that the world deems unprofitable. Every life is precious to God. As Christians we should weep at the thought of the unborn babies killed in such painful ways because they were considered inconvient. We should vote for those who value the unborn.
I dreamed this morning of Heaven and in the dream I was overwhelmed with joy of seeing those I loved who have gone on to meet God. One day we will enter the gates of Heaven and see Jesus face to face. There is nothing on earth that can equal the joy of looking into His face. The dream encouraged me and we all should be encouraged knowing that one day soon Jesus will come for His Church. Our prayers should be filled with petitions for our lost loved ones and friends. We should be praying for every Christian around the world who is imprisoned for their faith in Jesus. We all have needs and yes we should pray for guidance help from God but always take time to pray for others.

Have a blessed day and seek the face of Jesus throughout the day. Pray for the election coming up and for protection for candidates who still value human life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Monday, ‎October ‎17, ‎2016
12:03:10 PM
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,
Yesterday I was blessed to attend my future daughter-in-laws bridal shower. Adding a new member to our family is a blessing and we are even more blessed that she is a Christian. Marriage is a journey and walking that journey with a Christian is much easier. Life is hard and Sarah and Jeff will have struggles but at the end of the day if they both keep their faith in Jesus, He will guide them and walk with them.

Older and newer Christians all have access to God. He is not just there for the seasoned Christians but for all. We can be encouraged and contended knowing that Jesus is with us every day through all circumstances. Have you ever had a bad day when you feel so irritated and cranky that you would just like to walk away from yourself? Even in those moments, Jesus is with us. Keep your faith in Jesus and seek His guidance through out your day.

John 14:1
[ The Way, the Truth, and the Life ] “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

We often cannot change our circumstances but we can choose to trust in Jesus even in the midst of troubling and confusing circumstances. God is still going to win the war with the devil. We are on the winning side. Do not give up! Victory is coming!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Saturday, ‎October ‎15, ‎2016
11:50:40 AM

This morning I laid bed another thirty minutes before I got up just resting. I often talk about resting in the Lord. God speaks of resting in Him, in the Bible. This resting in God is not wasted time. It is a time of refreshing for our bodies and our souls. This resting time can be an hour or just minutes. Sometimes we have to step back for just a few minutes and seek the guidance of God. Sometimes God calls us to rest in Him for days at a time. I heard a Christian woman say once that she did not have time to be sick. The reality is sometimes God allows us to be sick so we will rest in Him. We can be so busy doing God's work that we actually do not have time for God, Himself. While God does have work for us to do, He does not want us to neglect spending quality time with Him. Sometimes God is saying to us "Stop!, child and talk to me!" Other times, God is saying for us to spend some time with our families. There was a great Evangelist who mourn on his death bed, about spending so much time seeking to save the world that he neglected to share salvation to his own children. God is calling us to share His love with our families and the world.
Today I plan on getting some things that need to be done, while at the same time, resting my body. I want to be able to go to Church tomorrow and my health requires that I do not over do, the day before Church. My friend, take time to rest today and enjoy your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Friday, ‎October ‎14, ‎2016
11:54:15 AM

Sometimes we are run down physically by a combination of chronic illnesses and overworking our bodies. When this happens we can be venerable to attacks from the devil. We can remind ourselves that David also suffered from illnesses, fatigue, and depression. Psalms not only lay out David"s struggles but the way he found hope in the Lord.

Psalm 42:5King James Version (KJV)
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

David reminds his own heart that the solution to his problems was to hope in God. Praising God in the midst of a storm is not only what God is due of His children but doing so, we are built up in the Lord. Reminding yourself that you woke up this morning with a roof over your head. You went to a closet with clothes to wear and you went to a kitchen where there was food to eat. Do not allow the devil to cause you to spend so much time on what you do not have but focus on the many blessings you to have. We are not to expect Heaven on earth. We will one day enter the gates of Heaven but for now we are living in a sinful world where there is sickness and troubles. Be grateful for what you have and pray for those who have so much less then you do.

Pray for the lost and seek the guidance of God every day. Be blessed my friend, knowing that your Heavenly Father is watching not from faraway but is with you every step you take.
Betty
finally found what is driving my dog crazy at night. There is a feral kitten that comes up at night to eat Bertha's leftovers.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

‎Thursday, ‎October ‎13, ‎2016 11:29:32 AM

The devil likes to convince us that we are the only one that are often unmotivated. The only one who doesn't want to get out of bed and get the day started. He does this so that we will feel ashamed and want to give up. We all have times that the last thing we won't to do is worry about helping others. We are so overwhelmed by sickness, or issues at the job, and our family that we feel we are struggling to keep our own head above the water, much less reach a hand out to pull someone else up to safety. Yet it is often when we are in the process of helping others that we find help for ourselves. Of course there are times that we need to rest and regather ourselves. If our cup is empty we cannot fill anyone else. The devil wants us to be sorely concentrated on our own problems that we push out God and others. Even when you are sick, a walk out in your own backyard can be a time of refreshing. The warm sun on your face and breathing in the air and enjoying nature can add a bounce to your step. As you walk you can begin to talk to God, not just about your issues but praying for others.

Everyday there is something new in the media that makes us wish we had another candidate to vote for. I have heard said that voting for the lesser of two evils is bad. I read an article yesterday, that brought a good point. If Trump turns out to be bad, we only have to put up with him for 4 years. On the other hand if Hillary gets in America will suffer for years and years. She wants to stack the Court system with liberal Judges who will destroy the freedoms we cherish. Do not fool yourself into believe that she will not do that. Memos among her staff have came out calling Catholics and Christians who believe abortion is a sin are backwards. She will take away Religious freedoms. She will limit what a Pastor can preach in the Church. She is for open borders and a One World Government. Yes the Bible does say the One World Government is coming, but as Christians we do not have to vote it into office. Please pray diligently before you vote.

Hubby and I moved one of the feeders so the squirrels can eat in peace and we hung our flag in the yard, yesterday. Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Wednesday, October ‎12, ‎2016
Titus 2
Trained by Saving Grace
11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.
We live in a world where sin is glorified and living for God completely is to be shamed. It is okay to be a Christian, but leave God out of the voting booth, Schools, and entertainment. People have pushed God to someone you call when there is a tragedy or sickness. The world does not want God to be an influence in how we talk and how we live. If you allow God to shape how you think and how you act you have become a fanatic and someone to be pitied and avoided. The world feels that they have out grown the need of a God to guide us and influence our daily lives. When tragedy comes then comes the ever quoted: "If God was a loving God, He would have not allowed that to happen!" What they do not see is that God often brings people to Himself through tragedy. Tragedy often leads sinners to call out to God and be saved. Mankind just sees the suffering of today. God sees into the future, an eternity of hell and He wants to give everyone a chance to be saved. A short period of suffering is worth being saved from an eternity in hell. Sadly not all will chose to be saved.
Choose to speak the truth, in love, even when others look down on you. Do not be guilty of loving someone right into hell. The painful truth is better then any lie said in love. Remember our time is short and soon we will not be here to speak the truth to those we love. There is coming a day when Christians will be called up to Heaven and the only influence people will have will be the devil. If you study Bible prophecy, you can see things are starting to line up for the devil to put his man the anti-Christ in power over the world. While there is still time, pray for opportunities to influence those you love to come to Christ for salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Tuesday, October ‎11, ‎2016
We are driving From Conroe to the Houston VA this morning for a long day of visits and back. I am praying that we will get great results and get home safely. As you go about your day, I pray that God will give you peace of heart and joyful moments thoughout the day. As children of God we need to remind ourselves that we are not on this journey alone and to remember to give praises to our Heavenly Father. This morning my brain is buzzing with what needs to be done before I leave and I am sure that there are days like that for you, but even with the buzzing in our ears we can whisper a praise to our Lord Jesus and be grateful for another day to serve Him. The Chaos around us does not change the fact that Jesus has sent His Holy Spirit to live in our Hearts and to encourage us.
Have a blessed day,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday, October ‎10, ‎2016
Good Morning and Happy Monday,
This morning I woke up in pain from the colitis. I couldn't help but wish that the disease would have gone into sleep mode until I am well from the crud. Sadly, life doesn't work that way. It is the same with the devil. He often attacks us when we are most vulnerable. When we are tired or sick or overwhelmed the devil will cease His moment. It is during these times that we often allow our prayer and Bible study go by the wayside. We all our tempted to do that. It is during these times we need to pray the most, but it is often hard to make the time when we feel so overwhelmed. We are human and we are frail, especially when we are sick. So many times, David reminded God of his frailties and how mankind had come from the dust of the earth. Of course God knew that but it made David feel better to remind God. We too can cry out to God reminding him our own weakness and seeking His help in the midst of our trials. Just talking to God about needs is an encouragement and knowing He hears and will work in our lives can get us through these dark valleys. Seek God in your dark and in your bright happy moments. Call on Him and He will listen.
Watching the debate last night was less stressful for me then the VP debate. I felt that Trump held his own, even though he went against three people instead of just one. Israel and Russia"s fate also will be determined by this election. Alot of people don't trust Trump, but I believe Hillary will jump in to war faster then Him to prove as a woman she is just as strong and tough as a man. While I plan to vote, I am not putting my trust in a person but praying to God for His will. I am praying that it is not too late for America to seek forgiveness for her many sins. We must remind ourselves that God is in control and not doubt Him, no matter who wins the election. A man or woman cannot fix this Nation. Only God can bring healing to this Country. Obama has divided this Country and created racial tensions, but America sin problem goes back to the days when abortion was made legal. At this point, as a whole, America is too prideful to seek God's forgiveness. America is on a path to destroy herself, just as Rome, destroyed herself.
Stay raptured ready, my friend. Jesus is coming for us soon. Nothing is more important then being ready for the Groom to return for us. Be wise like the wise virgins and have your lamp ready and filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit so you may be considered worthy. God bless you and be prayerful as you go about your day.
Betty
my dog, Bertha is being a pill to the squirrel this morning, chasing her every time she goes out side.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

11:05 10/9/2016 Sunday
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I am still sick with the crud, so I am not making it to Church this morning. When I put the seed out for the squirrels, I looked up at the sun, shining though the trees, and thought wouldn't it be wonderful if Jesus came today. It is not that I hate my life but the closer I get to God the more I look forward to being with Him. My son and his fiance is looking forward to their Wedding Day, in December, and I am so happy for both of them. We as Christians are also looking forward to a Wedding Day, when we the Church shall be joined in marriage to our groom, Jesus, Himself. The older I get the more I long for that day. Nothing on earth can compare to the joy that will be felt on that blessed day. There will be scoffers who will say that Jesus is not coming soon and Jesus warned us about them. Yet, we can see the birth pains and we can feel it in the air that it will not be long and Jesus will come for His Church. As the old hymn says: "What a glorious glorious Day that will be!".

Most of us are disturbed by the behavior that has come out about Trump. While the tape is disturbing and his disregard for women sickening, it is taking away the focused on the fact that Hillary's behavior got 4 Americans killed. The media is not even talking about the released emails that show she sold weapons to ISIS. We can count on it getting more and more nasty between now and the election. We need to remind ourselves that while our temporary future will be with one of these as America's President our eternal future is with Jesus. Try not to fear my friend, keep your hope and trust in Jesus.

Have a blessed day and stay safe.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hubby and I are both sick with the crud. I got up for almost 2 hours, but now back
In bed. My body let me know I needed more rest. Saturday's are busy for those of you,
still in the work force, but take some time to rest your body, spirit, and soul. Do something
that will make you smile and enjoy time with your family. The Lord is merciful and kind to
His children. Whatever you are going through, you are not alone. The Lord Jesus is with
ever step.
Betty
The squirrel is loving the sunflower seeds and so are small birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

10:34 AM 10/7/2016

There are times we do not feel motivated to do anything. We may be tired physically, or have a cold, but we are tempted to pull the covers over our head and just stay in bed all day. We can feel unmotivatedto reach lost souls at times. Maybe we have read or seen on the news the horrible things some sinnersare doing to Christians around the world. We are tempted to pray just come get us and forget the others.
God understand when our hearts break at the news that a Christian has been beaten and even killed for theirfaith. it is easy just to write off a whole race of people because of the violence of a few. We have tochoose to pray for them and sometimes the choice is not easy. It is not just over seas, but even in our Country, we hear of elderly people beaten and murdered by young people for the thrill of it. The last emotion
we feel is pity for those young people. Yet, God calls us to pray for them. They may or may not get savedbut when they face God, they will be told that God worked in their lives because of praying people. Wecannot force people to choose to be saved, but we should pray anyway.

Not only should we pray for the lost but those Christians that we know that are suffering. There is alot of
Christians, suffering today all around the world. Pray that God will strengthen physically, emotionally, and spiritually, Christians all over the world. Pray that our fellow Christians will not lose heart or their faith, weaken in these hard times. Now is not the time to give up ourselves or God and it is the time to pray for
spiritual strength from our Heavenly Father. Take time to day to seek the face of Jesus and talk to Jesus through out the day. Even our short prayers said in the car and at work reach Heaven.

May God richly bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

9:54 AM 10/6/2016

Do you ever find yourself not praying for little things? Sometimes we think that God
cannot be bothered with our little problems and concerns. Remember if it matters to you, it
matters to God. God wants to be a part of our lives and even the small things we deal with,
we can take to Him. In Church or Bible Study, when prayer request are given, we may feel our
needs are nothing compared to others needs, but then we fret over our needs. Do not be
afraid to take your needs to Jesus. He is concerned about the little things and the big
things. We went and bought bird seed and sunflower seeds yesterday for our squirrel and his
friend. He ate before we moved here and yet feeding him is important to me. God wants to
meet our needs too! Remember the old Hymn "Take it to Jesus".

Yesterday was a busy day for us. We drove to Tomball VA and then to Jeff's house to get
a few more boxes and pick up some meat we had left in the outside freezer. Then came home and
unloaded them. Last night we went to Chili's for supper and then to Kroger's. Needless to say
I was exhausted when we got home. As we get older and our health begins to suffer, we find that
we cannot do as much as we used to and our symptoms of our diseases come to the forefont, when
we are tired. Sometimes we get tired spiritually. This is the time to go to God for help and
not to avoid Him. There is no shame in going to God and seeking Him for strength and help. When
we over do too often and do not get adequate rest, we expose our bodies to further illnesses,
like colds and the flu. When we do not rest spiritually in Jesus, we can be tempted by Satan,
to doubt God and His love for us. So rest your body and your spirit. Go to the river of God
and seek to be refilled with His Holy Spirit. God wants to refresh you physically and spiritually.

Be blessed, my friend and remember through every problem, we can depend on our Heavenly Father
to walk with us and guide us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

10:31 AM 10/5/2016

For about three years I have encouraged myself, by reminding myself,
that God knows and understands what is going on in my life, even when
I do not. When I first got this colitis, I had already been diagnosed
with OA, COPD, and FIBRO. To be honest I felt I had enough on my plate,
but God had thought, different. Each morning when I wake up with pain
and issues from the Colitis, I remind myself, that I may not understand
why, God does. Many of us suffer from illness and we need to remind
ourselves that God does have a reason. He is not sitting in Heaven, just
throwing out diseases to see which one will stick to who. Everything
happens for a reason. We may not know the reason until we enter Heaven,
but we can live in peace in the midst our illnesses and struggles.
Peace comes when we stop struggling and rest in Jesus.

Last night watching the VP debate, I realized more then ever that the
media is set on Hillary becoming President. No longer does the media
just report the news but they manipulate and create the news the way they
want it to be. For the most part the media is liberal and is promoting
liberal ideas through news and TV shows. More then ever we need to pray
for our Country and our families that they do not be led astray. Evil
walks among us and I am not talking about that coworker that you detest,
but the devil. He is working to bring about a One World Government that
will one day put the devil's guy (the anti-Christ) as the leader. For
years I talked about the One World Government. Some people called me
a conspiracy nut. They don't anymore because Bush and Obama both are
pushing for a One World Government. Obama said in a speech recently
before the UN that Countries like America will have to give up freedoms
for peace. The Bible says the anti-Christ will come proclaiming peace.
I am not saying Obama is the anti-Christ, but he is pushing the agenda
of Satan.

This peace that the UN is pushing will have a high cost. We will lose
our religious and political freedoms. If you speak publically against anything that is
not in the liberal agenda, you will be prosecuted. Sadly many Americans
are willing to give up freedoms for peace. Our children are being brain
washed in School to accept the UN's policies. What do we do? If you have
School age children, you teach them the truth. We pray and we keep close
to Jesus. We pray for the rapture to be soon. What we don't do is fret and
worry. I know it is hard not to, but remind yourself that God is in control.
Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way;
and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Even after we are saved, the Bible often refers to believers as sheep. If you ever pass a sheep farm,
you will see sheep close together and then you will see sheep wandering away from the others. As children
of God we often have a tendency to wander. We can easily be led astray. Sometimes we lose our way because
we focused more on our problems and the world around us then Jesus. Other times we are led astray by a so
called "new teaching" that promises wealth and great health. Who doesn't want that? Jesus did not promise
the perfect life for His children. He did not promise wealth or great health. In fact He said that the world
would hate us, just as the world hated Him. I have heard people describe another person saying: "He must be
living right!", because the person seemed to have all his ducks in a row. In other words everthing he
tried turned out well. Of course not everyone who has things go well is living wrong but in today's world,
it is often those who lie and cheat their way to the top, that succeed. Only you and God know where you stand
and even we have to ask God to search our hearts and warn us of sin lurking in the background. Our goal should
be to walk as close to God as we can and not wander out into dangerous areas.

Jesus says He is the good Shepard and He takes care of His sheep. He will allow us to wander but He will bring
us back to the fold. Remember He will chastise us for wandering off so let us seek to stay close and not ride
the fence between good and evil. There is coming a day when we will have to take a stand for Christ, let us grow
strong in our faith, so that we can stand and not waver. If we deny Jesus on earth, He said He will deny us before
the Father. If you do find yourself giving into fear and not speak up for Christ, repent. Jesus forgave Peter and
He will forgive you, but remember Peter went on to die for Jesus. Pray for courage.
Betty
the squirrel is eating out of her bowl.
12:04 PM 10/4/2016

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

October 3,2016

I had a bad night with the colitis and woke up hurting. We all have nights occasionally when we cannot sleep,
either due to physical or emotional issues. Maybe God allows those kinds of nights to remind us to be grateful for
the nights that we sleep well. Often those hours of non sleep we can use to talk to God. Isn't it wonderful to know
we serve a God that never sleeps. When we call Heaven, God hears our cry, immediately. We do not get a recording nor do we have to worry
if God is in the building. God is everywhere and with us, His children all the time. While
it is true God knows our problems before we even ask, He still wants us to ask Him. If one of your children came to
you and said his sibling was desperate to borrow some money from us, we would ask: "why haven't they asked me?".
God wants us to talk to Him, too! If God just answered our needs with out us talking to Him, we would not have a relationship with Him.
More then anything God wants to have a personal relationship with His children. He wants us to know Him. We learn who God is not from
books on how to be the perfect you or have a perfect life. We get to know God by prayer and reading His Holy Word. The more we get to know
God, the stronger our relationship with God will be and the more we will feel His love for us.

Today is Monday and the first day of most people's work week. Have a blessed week and take time to get to know God and His Will for your life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We did not make it to Church this morning. All the work of the last three weeks caught up with us. Life does that sometimes. Our bodies will tell us that we need to take time to rest. Just like our bodies grow October 2,2016
weary when do not get proper rest, so does our soul. We can be so busy working for God that we neglect our own spirtual health. God wants us to rest in Him. While all of us have our cross to bear, many times, we take on work that God did not call us to do. We can become so overcome by work that our bodies and our soul suffers. When this happens, God will often allow things to happen that upsets us at the time, but actually is a warning from God to stop and seek His face and rest in Him. We have to learn that we do not have to say yes to every job at the Church. There are things we are called to do and there are others things that we feel we have to do. We should pray and ask God what He wants us to do and say yes to that. Yes there will be times we do other things, but make sure you get proper rest and take care of your spirtual and physical health. Remember it is okay to tell a person, no.

There will be times that work you do, will go unappreciated. People you work so hard for, do not understand the hours you put in to make their life easier. That is okay. Remind yourself that the one who counts, God, does see and He will reward you. the best reward comes from God and not mankind. Work for God without resentment and pray for those who do not see nor appreciate work others do for them.

Have a blessed Sunday and spend time with God and family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

In the Old Testament days, God often instructed the Jewish people, to set up a memorial at places that He had brought forth a miracle for them. This memorial was not only to remind the people that God had come through for them, but to be a teaching tool for their children and grandchildren. If you have lived long enough, you can look back through troubles, tragedies, and trials that you have made it through by the help and intervention of God in your life. The devil likes to use these areas in our lives to bring depression and a feeling of lack of love on God's part for you. Satan will take you down memory lane, not to remind you of the miracles and help that God preformed in your life, but to discourage you. He will bring up one bad event after another to cause you pain and feelings of isolation and despair. If we are not careful, Satan will take away our joy and send us down the road of self pity. It doesn't matter that God had brought us through these bad things, when we dwell on the bad things and forget the victories that God brought through our troubles. Yes, we have all have had struggles and there were times like David we fell on our beds and wept, but remind yourself and that devil liar, that you did come through and God did bring victories. Some of the things we have gone through just the fact that we are still here, is a sign of victory in its self. You can count on times the devil will take you on a memory trip, but when he does, remind him that you had victory through Christ. Praise God for the victories and look forward to your daily relationship with Jesus.

Today hubby and I are going to Jeff's to bring more boxes here and hopefully be of some help to Jeff and Sarah. Our health limits the amount of help we will be, but feel good about being able to do what we can. Have a blessed day and be safe.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I thought I would give you an update on the new medication for my colitis. There has been some improvement. I have gone from 5-10 issues a day to 2-3. Which is a great improvement. I have put off talking to my Doctor because the next step is 40mg of steroids a day. The side effects are terrible. Pumpkin shaped face and all sorts of mood swings, from crying to anger. Our life is like that. There are times we feel like we have the world by the tail and other times, we feel we have the world on top of us.
Our circumstances can change in a heart beat. The problem comes when we allow ourselves to think that our circumstances are a gauge of our spiritual health. Everyone who is sick is not sick spiritually and every time we have an issue, it is not because God is punishing us. Remember the rain falls on the just and the unjust. We can have peace in the midst of problems when we accept God's will for our lives.

Cooler weather is coming, which for us Texans is a huge relief. A new season has began but we are just beginning to see fall weather. In life we have seasons, from birth to death. Whatever season we are in, we can grow in God. May we blossom in the season we are in and not rest on past accomplishments and not live in the past or future, ignoring what we need to do today. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here. Let us pray today that our eyes will be open to God's will for us today.

I pray that you and your family have a great weekend. Don't give up, our hope is in God and not a person or circumstances.
Betty
Bird feeders are starting to attract a few small bird.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

In my office at my new place, I hung a painting of a young lady facing the beach. It has always been my dream to live on a beach. Hubby's dream is to live close to a mountain in Montana. Hubby and I have different dreams. This is not unusual and is not a problem, simply because we could not afford beach front property. What is a problem,is when our desires, conflict with God's will. This happens in Christian lives more then we think. Look at Jonah, he hated the people of Nineveh and yet God wanted to save them. Jonah decided he would flee from God, rather then obey God. If we look back in our lives, there are times that we ran from the will of God. Have you ever had someone hurt you bad and you wanted them to suffer, and withheld forgiveness? We can be guilty of judging Jonah and yet we ourselves can withhold forgiveness for others. Do we pray for those who have hurt us? Are we looking forward to the day God punishes them rather then praying for them to make peace with God?
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

The best thing you can do for yourself is forgive and put away bitterness. Doctors have said bitterness can cause illness and death. This does not mean every person who is ill, is a bitter person. Sometimes we have diseases that is heritage and other times we develop disease that we will not know the reason why until we go to Heaven. Never judge why a person is sick. Let us love one another and seek to do the will of God. God's will is always best. God's will may take you to places you did not want to go, but when you obey Him freely, with out anger, you will find perfect peace. Remember where ever God sends you, you do not go alone. God goes with you and He goes before you, to prepare the way for you.

Have a blessed day. Pray for one another. Share God's love with one another.

Betty

I cleaned the bird bath yesterday and moved it in the front yard, hoping to attract more birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yesterday, on Facebook, I was told that I was unkind for disagreeing with the Pope, on his statement that Muslims and Christians pray to the same God. Muslims themselves do not believe this. If they did they would not be killing Christians in the Middle East. Sadly it is not the Muslims who are offended at the truth that we serve a different God, but Christians. Christians, who have replaced truth with being politically correct. Christians who fear hurting peoples' feelings more then they do silently allowing their Muslim friends go to hell.

Jude 1: 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

This is the time for Christiana to be bold in sharing the truth of the Gospel. Do not allow lies, like "Many roads lead to Heaven", go unchallenged. Speak up for the truth of God's Word. This may cost you friendships and even family may think you are a "Bible Thumper". It is okay my friend. Stand for the truth my friend. How can we as Christians stand quietly when we hear lies about God and His Word? Would Jesus who gave His very life to save our souls, stand by when people say Muslims and Christians serve the same God? Was God happy when the Pope kissed the Koran? Be prepared it is going to get harder in America to be a Christian. We can only be prepared by putting on the whole armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

In many places in the World, Christians are jailed, persecuted, and killed for their faith. How will,we withstand this if we are afraid to hurt people's feelings with the truth? Better to hurt someone's feelings and they be saved, then allow them to believe a lie and go to hell. Kindness is speaking the truth my friend. I am not saying we should be hateful and scream at people, but speak the truth in love. Jesus is coming back for His Church. Is His Church bodily speaking the truth? Or are we so busy being politically correct that our testimony has become worthless cotton candy seeking only to make people feel better about themselves?

Sinners do not need to feel better about themselves. They need to see themselves as Jesus does, wretched and filthy, in need of a Savior. Just as we were, before we were saved. God did not come to save perfect people. All of us have sinned.

Romans 3:23-24King James Version (KJV)23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

As the days grow short, let us bodily speak the truth before it is too late.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Watching the debate last night, did not give me peace about America's future. The reality is America future is not in the hands of man but in the hands of God. Our Country has chosen sin over God's Word. The blood of thousands and thousands of babies aborted for convince calls out to God for justice. American leaders have chosen politically correct instead of goodness. It is not just our Country but many others who have legalized abortion and gay marriage. Some Christians suggest gay marriage is not that bad and that all should allowed to marry who they choose. They forget that the first institution that God put together was not the Church, but the union between a man and a woman. There is a reason that satan brought the desire for ones own sex into the world. He wanted to strike at the very union that was important to God, marriage between a man and a woman. God has allowed sin to go unchecked for along time but God is soon going to judge our Country. Homosexuality is not a condition you are born with, it is a sin condition that satan brought in the world to slap in the very face of God. This does not mean that we hate homosexuals. We love them and we pray for them. They have been influenced by satan. This does mean, however that America will be judged for this sin and that every politician that votes for abortion and gay marriage will one day stand before God and be judged. As Christian let us vote in a way that supports God's Holy Word.

I will still vote in this election, against Hillary and the sin she stands for. I will not put my trust in Trump, to fix this Nation. Only if our Nation repents and falls on her face before God, will She be forgiven.
As Christians, let us repent of our own sins and live for God. Who ever wins the election, judgement is coming for our Country and this will get worse and not better. Pray for personal guidance and strength from our Heavenly Father. The devil is sly as a fox and he seeks to destroy Christians. If Hillary wins she will come after Christians. She has stated that Christians must be forced to accept abortion and gay marriage. Pray for your family. Pray for lost souls and pray for the rapture to happen soon. Until then pray that God will make us strong and willing to stand for the truth of God's Word.

2 Timothy 4:1-5King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Betty

Two squirrels this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hebrews 10:30-31King James Version (KJV)30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Everyday we hear of violence. People shooting people they do not know. People killing loved ones. Rioting in the streets. People who are angry beating up strangers for the color of their skin. It is tempting to think that God has gone on vacation and is unaware of the world and her problems. God is very aware. He is allowing people to do as they will for now, but there is coming a day of reckoning, a day when God will hand our His justice. God never told His children to go out in the streets and become a vigilantes, seeking to bring our own justice. Jesus said that vengeance is His. That does not mean that there is not a place for courts and and human justice, but the true justice will come from God, Himself. Some of the horrid things that people do on earth will only be averaged by God. His justice will be swift and it will fit the circumstances. For now trust in Him. Seek forgiveness for your own sins and leave vengeance to God.

Yesterday's Sermon at the Church I attended was on prayer. The importance of pray can not be over rated. A point the speaker said was:

Little prayer = little power
More prayer= more power
Much prayer = much power
Definitely something to think on. We need to be praying Christians. Communicating through out the day with our Heavenly Father is as important as food and water for the body. Pray for our Country. Pray for missionaries and pray for the soon return of Jesus. It is Biblically correct to pray for the soon return of Jesus.

Revelations 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Have a blessed day and may God guide you and surround you with His peace and love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Getting ready to leave for God's House, drinking my coffee and eating two cookies (my power breakfast). The dog has already aggravated the squirrel this morning. The squirrel knows that 20% of the time when she eats in my yard, that the dog will aggravate her, but she comes every day. She knows that 80 % of the time the dog will be in the house and she can eat in peace. In our lives we go day and day doing normal things with out any problems and then something comes up and we go all to pieces and start questioning our loving God. Where where you? How could you let that happen to me? Our hearts are willed with questions. Yet all through those many days of protection and care that the Lord led us through, we take for granted. We can be guilty of taking God's love and care for us for with no thought of being thankful to God or even praising Him. Let us not be fair weather Christians but praise God through the good and the bad. When bad things happen step back a moment and seek the face of God. He may not give you an answer right a way or you many even have to wait until Heaven to see why God allowed things to happen the way that did, but keep your trust in God. If you go to Him, He will comfort you and give you peace.

Today may God guide you and teach you His ways. Do not lose hope, my friend, Jesus is coming back for His own. Do not lose your way or give up so close to the finish line.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Yesterday morning things started out normal, but yesterday hubby had a mini stroke. He has had several but it has been years since he had one and we were both fearful. I rushed him to the VA clinic, but by the time we got there it was close. Hubby's blood pressure was back to normal and he did not want to go to the hospital. I got him fed and home to bed and praise God, hubby is fine this morning. The reality for all of us when we wake up in the morning, we really do not know what the day holds for us. Any day, something can come out of left field, and knock us off our feet. Yet, at the end of the day we are often forgetful of thanking God for protecting us. We take God's love for us and His protecting hands for granted.

Have we thought to pray for the people in Charlotte? I know I have spent more time complaining about the thugs, then praying for the innocents. It is easy to get angry and hard to make our selves realize that even the guilty need prayer. Like a courageous black woman put on YouTube, it is a God problem. We need to pray for the inner cities young people. It's easier to stand back and cast stones rather then pray.
There is so much hate and anger and sadly many people have given up on God. They have been promised so many things by so called activists and politicians and the promises unfulfilled. Instead of activists and politicians looking for ways to help the people, they fan the fire of hate. Sadly, this causes people to burn down their own neighbors homes and business. The anger is so out of control they do not think about the consequences to their violence. When it is all over they will blame others for the distraction of their communities. Before think we are so high and mighty, we are quick to blame others for our own guilt.

This weekend, spend time with your family but take time to pray for Charlotte. Our country is filled with hate and we do not know when violence will come to our own towns. Let us pray for one another.
Betty
The little squirrel is eating straining her little body to reach the seed.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Yesterday was a very busy day and tiring, but fruitful. We loaded up the car with boxes from Jeff's place and unpacked them here. Being in your 60's and not great health your body complains about heavy labor. When we go through spiritual trials we can become spiritually wore down and heavy leavened. Jesus says when that happens, come to Him.

Matthew 11:28-30New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Just as we take time to rest our bodies we can find perfect rest in Jesus. When we do not rest in Jesus we can become like Paul warned us about( become weary, in doing good). This does not mean we do not work for God, but we take time in the presence of our Heavenly Father to refill our own cup so we can give out to others. Though our time could be short and our work more urgent then ever, we still need to rest in Jesus.

I pray that you have a great weekend. Enjoy time with your family and if you are able, find time to worship in the house of God.

Betty

We now have two squirrels. It is not like Jeff's place where we could have as many as a dozen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Wednesday is often called hump day, because it is in the middle of the week. When I worked, when the end of hump day I felt relief, knowing I just had two more to go, to the weekend. It was not that I hated my job but it hard physically and mentally stressful. We Christians know time wise we have passed the hump and are waiting for the rapture. Yet it is getting more stressful as time goes by. No matter who wins the election, there are going to be problems. Hillary is already telling non Christians that it is up to them to change Christians minds about believing that abortion and gay marriage is sin. If she wins, she will become more bolder. We need to realize that persecution of the Church is coming. Pastors will be punished for preaching that abortion and gay marriages are sin. It is only a matter of time when non Christians will be used to seek out those who believe those things are sin and Christians will be forced to take enlightenment classes. You think it will not happen, think again. When I was in High School in the late 60's and 70's, teachers would be shocked at the very thought that children would come dressed to school in clothes different from their sex and teachers would be forced to refer to them as the other sex. Some Schools are forbidding teachers from using the pronouns, he and she. Even in the nineties this would have been shocking. Look how sinful this world has become.

On Facebook was a sign from a Church that read, "God please come before the election ". This is my daily prayer, but I am also praying for strength to stand for the truth no matter what happens. We have been in the birth pains that the Bible talks about for a long time. I believe personally that it will not be long till Jesus comes for the Church. While we wait let us strife to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Let us stand for the truth, uncompromising, no matter whose feelings we hurt. It is not that we should not care about people feelings, but if we are not careful we can comfort people with false hope right into hell. People will tell you Jesus was all about love, but he called false teachers vipers and said they were the children of satan. He was so loved by the Church at the time that He was crucified. If we stand up for the truth, some will pity us and others will hate us. Their reaction to the truth will not change the truth. Jesus said:

John 15:18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

We will be forced to choose to believe the truth of God's Word or be politically correct. We cannot agree with the world and believe different in our heart. For one thing the more we say something the more our heart will began to belief it, but also Jesus says:
Matthew 10:3333 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Can we be pleasing to God when we say to others that what God says is sin, is not sin? My friends if the Lord doesn't come soon, we will be forced to take a stand. Pray that God will give you the strength to stand for the truth of God. Pray for America. Pray for your lost loved ones. Be a praying Christian.
Betty

Outside the patio door, at the new place is a pink rose bush. We brought our bird feeders and set the, around the rose bush so I could see the birds and squirrels. So far only one squirrel is eating in the back yard. I have two feeders in the front yard that is starting to attract birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Satan looks for ways to cause us to sin. Out temper can be a useful tool for the devil. It can cause us to lash out at others. Even righteous anger can be turned to evil, if allow our temper to react without restraint.
There are many things we should be angry about in this world, but the Bible says: Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: We should be angry at evil but our reaction to evil must be in a holy way and not sinful. This is what should set apart Christianity and the Muslim Religion. A Muslim reacts with violence against those they feel defame their Religion, a Christian should react in peace. This does not mean that there is not a time for peaceful protest. Yet in our anger against evil, we should never commit a sin to defend our beliefs. A sin cannot defend Christianity nor should it be attempted by God's children. God will one day step on this earth and He will defeat evil with the very words that come out of His mouth. Rev 19:15. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. My friend evil will be defeated but until that day, let us love the sinner and hate the sin.

Today let us seek to shine God's love to one another and be an example to others of the love of Christ. There will be times that our temper will get the best of us and when that happens humble yourself and apologize. Remember your Heavenly Father forgives us so let us be a forgiving person. Do not compromise and condone sin. Speak up against sin but be loving to the sinner. The closer we get to the rapture, the harder the devil will fight against the children of God. This does not mean we are to cower in fear, but to be diligent and be armed with the Holy Spirit and the armor of God so that we do not fall. When we do fall, seek forgiveness from God and anyone we hurt.
Betty

When I write my blog, I always pray that God will guide me in what to write. If my words step on your feet and they often step on mine, pray and ask God if there is some changes that your need to make in your life.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you. I hate it when the power goes out here in Houston, Texas. It is so hot. You are right that people do get to know their neighbors, during troubles. Although there are some who still do not venture out to talk to anyone. We live at a time that sadly there is not much trust among people, anymore.
Betty

--------------------

analog
First Post
Member # 13974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for analog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy these daily little things Ive been reading them for some time but never registered to post in the forum.

I wish more people would post photos too. Reading other peoples general thoughts, musings and so on are actually very interesting and relaxing. It is nice to just read and look at real life, not some post online that has an agenda, or some "exciting" opinion or story attached to it. Just daily, normal, every day thoughts are pleasant to read.

Right now it is very overcast and the weather report calls for thunder and lightning tonight and/or tomorrow. I am in Phoenix and it is very hot and dry here usually. When we get rain it makes headline news here and is very exciting. Our power never goes out when we get weather, but sometimes I wish it would, just for the fun of it, it makes things interesting when that happens. When I was in an apartment during a big storm, the power went out for about 6 hours. It was night time too. All of the young men and adults went to the basketball court and took up a game of basketball, using the lightning as their light! IT made for a fascinating and surreal experience. Sure it might not be very safe to do so but it was nice to see people enjoying a physical game rather than staying in with TV or computers like everyone does now. What would happen if suddenly all the computer systems went down, there would be a lot of people stuck with no food and things. I believe we need to stop relying on systems and seriously consider planning for the rare but possible occurrence that anything can go wrong at any time.

anyway that's all have a good day

--------------------
John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Posts: 1 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

If you suffer from disease that effects the immune system, like me, over doing or just working for several days in a row can cause your body to become sluggish and tired and your brain to be in a fog.
We can get that way spiritually, too! When we get busy doing necessary things but neglect the spiritual, we can become spiritually sluggish. The answer is to spend more time with God. Have you ever noticed the more time you spend out of Church, the harder it is to get back into Church? Not only that but we can become anti-social and find reasons why we do not want to fellowship with fellow Christians. Why I don't go to Church? The devil is more than willing to provide many excuses for us. Why do I go to Church? Answers for this question can be found in the Bible. Paul encouraged believers to meet together to worship and praise our Heavenly Father. It is hard after a move as I have found on many occasions but when we pray and ask for guidance, God will help us find a Church with just the right fit. I had planned on going to one Church yesterday, but before Church I was playing with Google and God led me to another. Seek the face of Jesus and He will guide you. Do not look for a perfect Church. There is none and if there was it wouldn't be if you and I attended. Look for a Church where the Pastor is not afraid to speak the truth in this world of political correctness.

At the moment there is a squirrel on the fence and my little daushund is staring at him through the patio door just to aggravate the squirrel. The devil likes to stick us with pins and cause us to lose our hope in Jesus, but we need to remember the devil is against us and God is for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is the 7th morning for us to wake up in our new place. In some ways we looked forward to the move, but other ways we dreaded it. The boxing of everything and the moving and the unboxing (which still is not finished) was not something we looked forward to. This morning my devotional talked about our preparation for Heaven. Unlike a move on earth, we do not pack up physical items for the process of moving. Everything we will need in Heaven, will be provided for us, even a new glorified body. Yet, we still need to prepare for Heaven.

We need to prepare our hearts and our souls. No! We cannot save our souls, only God can do that, but are we getting to know God and the heart of God? Are we forming a relationship with God? Are we walking and talking to God, everyday? Heaven will be so much sweeter for those who formed a relationship with God on earth, before our journey to Heaven. Some of us will go through the Jordan (death) and others will go up in the rapture. I pray to go up in the rapture, but if it is God's Will take me in death, the transition will be so much sweeter if I have formed a daily relationship with Jesus. Fear of death will be lessened if I have God given peace in my heart. Let us begin today to prepare for Heaven, by seeking God daily. With the move, my prayer life was mostly request for daily needs and not of enough praise to God. We all can get caught up in daily troubles and fears and forget to offer sacrifices of praise to God. Let us start today, reminding ourselves of the wonders and glories of our Heavenly Father and agree to be more grateful and generous with our praises to Him.

Have a blessed day, my friend. May God bless you and your family.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalms 28:7. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Today's world is focused more on happiness then joy. Happiness comes from the outside and is fleeting. Joy comes from the inside. The Bible tells us that our joy is in God. We can be joyful when our lives our in turmoil. We can not buy joy. It is walking daily with Jesus and communicating with Him daily. Even when our health is an issue and circumstances are less then ideal, we can be joyful and at peace.

Spreading our joy to others is a great mission for a Christian. It is not putting on a fake smile and a fake attitude. It is allowing the joy of the Lord to flow out from you to those you meet. The more we seek God the stronger our joy will be. Don't wait until you are in a crisis mode to communicate with God. God doesn't want to be treated like a ATM machine that you only go to when you need money. God wants to be our companion and friend. Friendship dies when a person only talks to their friend when they want something. Seek God's face on a daily bases. Call out to Him in good and bad times.
Betty

A few birds yesterday and one squirrel but a very faithful squirrel.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday

This has been a hard week physically. Yet I have had a sweet peace from God and seen His hands at work in our lives. The place is looking more like home but we still have a lot of work to do.

As children of God, we can see the time for Gentiles is coming to an end. We know that Jesus is coming soon, but until then, we must remind ourselves that our work for God has not finished. We must continue until the trumpet blows.

As the old Gospel song says: "People get ready, soon we will be going Home". Until then keep the plow in motion and look up for our redemption is coming soon!
Betty

So far there has only been one squirrel but a cute little bugger,

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement