Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 17)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 28, 2017,

I was still awake at 5 this morning. I wish I could say I did a lot of praying but the truth is I did a lot of fretting about not being able to sleep. Fretting accomplished nothing, but maybe making it harder to sleep.
Sleep is one of those we take for granted. We go to bed and we go to sleep, but sometimes sleep evades us. There are times when we pray that our prayers seem, to hit the ceiling and go no further. There are many reasons this happens. One reason is unrepentant sin in our lives. After beginning our prayers with praise to God, we should ask God to search our heart for hidden sins. When God shows us sin in our lives, seek His forgiveness and ask Him how we can mend broken bridges with others. If there is bitterness in our hearts pray that God will remove the bitterness. Bitterness will steal our peace and joy.

Satan has come to kill and steal. He wants to steal our peace and joy. He can do that by causing us to sin and causing us to be bitter against others. Bitterness comes when we hold grudges against others.
Forgiveness is very important:

Matthew 6:14-15King James Version (KJV)14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Let us seek to be loving and forgiving towards others. The easiest path to forgiveness is to pray for those who hurt you. As you pray God's blessing on them you open your heart to forgive them and you keep bitterness from forming in your heart.

Betty

We had many red birds yesterday and a blue jay.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 27, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

I am drinking coffee and listening to the birds sing. So beautiful to listen to. When we sing praises to God, it doesn't matter if we have a beautiful voice or tone death, it is beautiful to God.

Psalm 22:3King James Version (KJV)But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

I believe this is also true for the children of God today. Whether we are singing with the congregation or in our cars, or working, God is with us and loves for us to praise Him in songs. Singing hymns or praise sings builds up our faith and is a prayer of praise to our Heavenly Father. I have found singing songs for God brings me out of the dumps and out of depression. Songs are a prayer to music. Songs remind us of God's love for us and the victory ahead for us. Songs about Heaven remind us of our future. In those times you are too depressed to sing listen to hymns and praise songs and pray for God to lift your spirit. Remember this song:

https://youtu.be/sDXtZAFUBlI

After my sister passed away, for long while singing was indeed a sacrifice from my heart. I sang to God when I did not feel like praising God but because I loved Him. There will be times when your heart does not feel like praising God because you are hurting, but when you offer up a sacrifice of praise, God will meet you where you are and He will bless and comfort you.

Sing in the good times and sing in the bad. Love God through the valley and on top the mountain because God is God in both areas.

https://youtu.be/HUBY9TxnAMw

Our circumstances do not change the power of God. Just because we are going though bad times does not mean that God has lost His power. When Jesus was on the cross, God was still in His Heaven and He still was God over all things. Do not let your circumstances, determine your faith in God. Determine in your heart and mind that you will serve God in the valley and on the mountain top.

God bless you,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 26, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Thursday night we got a lot of rain and in front of our gate is a lot of standing water. This did not make me happy because it turns all that area into mud. I looked out side and saw a group of birds bathing in the water and of course that changed my attitude. God can turn the worse of circumstances into good. Even the worst of storms cease and then comes sunshine and a beautiful rainbow. We serve a God who walks with us through the storm and guides on to the other side where the darkness turns into sunshine. Whether you are walking through the storm are in the sunshine remember that your God is in control and you do not have to fear.

Hubby are and I are waiting to time to leave for Church. I hope that you get to spend time with fellow believers this morning.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 25, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Troubles come to all of us. God has not promised a life of laying in a field of flowers. Sometimes we go through troubles we caused by our behavior. Sometimes as married we go through troubles that our mate caused. Sometimes we go through troubles because of outside influence. God has promised not to abandoned us through our time of troubles. If we keep our trust in Him and react as best we can in love, God can use our troubles for spiritual growth. It is not a question of grinding our teeth and stomping all the way that brings growth. It is patiently trusting God that He will bring us out on the other side better then when the battle started. This doesn't mean that we will not have times that we cry to Jesus about the trouble. He loves us and He wants us to talk to Him and open our heart up to Him. If we allow troubles to make us angry so that we smart off and act ugly to anyone who steps into our path, we have compromised our testimony for Christ. Yes, we can go and apologize to those we were cruel to but the damage is done. We make people wonder what is the point of being a Christian if we react like the world does to trouble.
It is not about hiding our troubles. We can ask our brothers and sisters to pray for us. We should pray that we are a beacon of light for Jesus, even in the midst of troubles. My friends, trouble will come, but let us pray that God will help us to shine for Him, even in the midst of trouble.

Yesterday I was blessed to see a blue jay. I pray that God will give you today some diamonds of joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 24, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

2 Timothy 1:12King James Version (KJV)12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Do we really know who we believe in? Is the knowledge in our hearts as well as our head? Why do we often live in fear and defeat when we believe in the very God who spoke the universe into existence? Does not the God who breathe life into Adam, have the ability to guide and protect us? We believe that God has the power to save us from hell and yet we fret and worry that God is not going be able to provide us with answers for our questions about how to take care of our financial needs. How often to we pray for an answer to our situation, then get up from our prayer and start worrying and trying to come up with our own answers? The problem is not the abilities of God but our lack of faith. May God forgive us!

What do we do when are faith is weak? We remember God's Word.

Romans 10:17New King James Version (NKJV)So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

How do we hear the Word of God? There are many ways. Sunday Service, Bible Study. We can even hear preaching on the radio and on YTube. We have no excuse anymore for not hearing the Word of God.
It is important to remember how important faith is?

Hebrews 11:6New King James Version (NKJV)6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

We don't have to start out with the faith of Paul, but as we grow as children of God, our faith should grow. If our faith is as tiny as when we first believed on Jesus, we are failing God as well as ourselves.

Hebrews 5:12King James Version (KJV)12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3King James Version (KJV)

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

How sad it will be to face God at the end of our life and have God show us the wondrous works that God could have worked through us if only we would have grown as Christians? To realize that we chose to live out our life as baby Christians, refusing to grow in and faith and spiritually. May our spirit be opened to God's truth and we choose to grow in Christ and not settle for being a baby Christian, anymore. Growth is painful and that is why we often avoid it but the rewards are wonderful. Talk to God today and ask Him to help you grow in spirit and in truth.

Betty

If today's thoughts step on your toes, well know that have stomped all over my guilty feet. May God help all of us to grow in Him.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 23, 2017,
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

The last election has brought out ugliness on both sides, but from the left there has been shocking and crude responses. If there was any doubt of the bias of the media, that doubt has been put to rest. Women marching with crude hats and weakening costumes of female body parts, and yet the media is silent. The most disheartening is the hatefulness they have shown Barron, Trumps youngest son. Now a liberal woman attacked the unborn child of Trump's son. The liberals think they are on the side of right, yet they are humiliating themselves and our Country. Sadly women in other Countries and have had similar marches with the same attire. If there was any doubt that we were living in the days like unto Noah, that has been put to rest. What should we as Christians do? Pray. It is not about praying that people will learn to like Trump. It is about praying that people will see the truth of God's Word. Abortion is a sin and homosexuality is a sin. Just because the media has brought sin in to our homes through television, does not mean that God has changed His mind on what sin is.

I have heard women say that being pro choice is not about abortion, but about freedom of choice. It is about abortion and there is no getting around the fact that a woman enters an abortion clinic with two heart beats in her body and comes out with one. The truth is abortion kills. That growing, healthy unborn is murdered in a painful death. Pro choice is the right to kill the most innocent human beings of all.

Today the world is not satisfied with being openly gay but they are introducing all kinds of sexuality to our children. Homosexual, bisexual, pan sexual, transsexual and many others. We are raising a generation that has no ideal of what is truth and what is real. Children are not just taught about these sinful conditions but in some cases teachers have been showing the students graphic images of how to preform acts that should not even be talked about to young children. This should make us grieve. Young ones are not taught to seek truth but to make their own truth. What should be our response? Prayer. Pray for today's children. Pray for teachers who working hard to teach what is right. Pray for our Country and her leaders. Pray for Jesus to come soon.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 22, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Has you mate ever be sleeping so still that you checked to see if they were still breathing? Sometimes it seems like God is far away and we want call out " God are you still, there?". There are times when God is silent in our lives. Times when our faith starts to crack. This is nothing new, David had those times.
Psalm 13 was one.

Psalm 13King James Version (KJV)

13 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Notice even in his situation he praised God. How did he do that? He reminded himself of all the good things that God had done for him. When we feel that God has abandoned us, sing songs of praise to our Heavenly Father. Just as a parent has to let go of the bicycle for the child to ride by themselves, God will let us fly solo for awhile. Just as the parent is right there to save the child if things go wrong, God is still with us, even if for a time we can not feel his presence. There is always a reason for God to hide His face from us for a time, but tho we can not seen Him, we can still trust in Him. Maybe this causes our faith to grow. Maybe this time of testing builds our faith for future battles. Pray like David:

Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Psalm 55:1Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
Psalm 69:17And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

Whatever is going on in our lives, we need faith is not seeing. Keep your trust in God no matter what you are feeling.

Betty

Be blessed. I bought some seed yesterday that is suppose to attract cardinals and gold finches.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 21, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

We do not awaken each morning on fire for God and ready to jump into fighting spiritual demons. Most mornings we barely stumble into the kitchen for our morning coffee. The devil on the other hand is ready to attack us as soon as we awaken. Sometimes He uses our family, by starting disagreements before our eyes are barely opened. There are times he will seek to put you in depression by offering you a movie of your past hurts for you to cry over. Other times he offers up temptations as sweet as candy. The devil is highly motivated to destroy our faith, our testimony, and our willingness to face the day as a shining light of God's love.

We must remind ourselves that God is stronger then the devil. God wants to help us live in faith, in truth, and in victory. God does not want His children hiding from life in our beds under the covers. He wants us to live victorious lives, strengthen by the Holy Spirit that dwells in every child of God. When we begin each day praying, we strengthen our faith. When we remember that we are NOT fighting the devil and his demons alone, then we are prepared for the day and what the day holds for us. Christians are not to be pity, for we are loved by the most high God who has paid the ultimate price, so that He can have a personal relationship. We are NOT children with out hope, for our hope is in our Heavenly Father.

The world looks at Christians with pity and disgust. They think our faith keeps us from living happy lives. They see sin as freedom, but the truth is sin is ugly and the end is death. They are disgusted with Christians because we still see sin as sin. The devil has convinced the world that what was considered dirty and unclean, is now seen as enlightenment and living freely. The truth is the devil has tricked the world into seeing sin as beautiful and the truth of God's Word as outdated and no longer relevant. God's truths are always true and sin is always sin. One of the tools the devil uses is Hollywood. Movies and Television shows, depict sin as beautiful and endearing. When they do portray Christians, they show them as heartless and backwards. The truth is, Christians are suppose to remember that God's Word is always truth and never changes.

Evil is ruling for a season, but God who defeated death, will defeat evil. Those who seek to influence others that sin is no longer sin, will be judged for that by God. Let us not seek to conform to worldly views but conform to what God says is good. Let our lives be patterned after God's Holy Word and not what the world calls enlightenment.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 19, 2017

Romans 8:28King James Version (KJV)28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This was my Mother-in-law's favorite verse. She often quoted it to me and Ronnie over the years, when something bad happened to us. In the midst of fiery trials this verse did not always make sense to me. Yet, when we came out on the other side, even if I did not know why God allowed things to happen like they did, I knew that God was in control. There are many things that we go through that we will not understand until we cross over into Heaven, but we can be at peace, knowing that we can trust God with our lives and our very souls. In the those nights where we cannot sleep, we can trust God to see us through till the morning light.

We look around at the many things happening and we wonder why. Women debasing themselves with hats that are degrading, marching on the side of evil and we wonder how things can get any worse. I read recently on Facebook where someone wrote "Don't say that things can get any worse because liberals are taking that as a challenge". We wonder if God has gone to sleep, but if we read the Bible we know what Paul said about this age we are living in.

2 Timothy 3King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Jesus said:

Matthew 24:37-38King James Version (KJV)37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

He also said:
Luke 21:28King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Jesus is not calling us to be fearful, but to trust in Him completely. Things will happen that we do not understand, but God is not asleep and He does have a purpose for everything. We are not children without hope. Jesus is coming back soon. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 18, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

I went to see my primary care doctor yesterday. She was not happy about my cholesterol or my fasting sugar test. She did a lot of fusing about dieting and exercise. While none of us want to hear that, I do know she has my best interest at heart. Hubby was more upset then me about the fact that she has nothing to offer as cures for my COPD, fibro, and colitis. He felt she just complained about what could be fixed and ignored what could not be fixed. True, but what could she do about what is not fixable? I wonder what we would see if God was to give us a report card about our spiritual growth. Would see lack of motivation? Sliding backwards instead of improving? Conduct not appropriate for a child of God? Would our face be red from shame? Lest we get too down on ourselves, I do believe that there would be areas of improvement in our spiritual lives. We strife to do better to make God proud and because we love Him. We do not want to bring shame on our Heavenly Father. Sadly, there are times that we do shame our God, but He forgives us and His love for us never falters.

Be blessed and remind yourself how special it really is to have a God that loves us and cares for us.
Betty

Yesterday morning saw a male cardinal and in the afternoon. I saw a female cardinal.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

These days I get winded quicker then the past. It is easy to become discouraged but at the same time I am more aware of my need of Jesus in my life. Maybe God allows this disease in my body to remind me of my need for God. All of us go through things in life that we do not understand the reason. If we are honest we would wish that God would leave troubles out of our lives and just drag us closer to Him. He wants us to come willingly and often it takes troubles to remind us of our need for God.

Even though we have put up two barriers, my dog got out of the yard this morning and ran across the street, only to panic when the garbage truck came. I knew better then to go after her because she would have ran further. We are guilty of that. There are times when troubles come that instead of running to God we run further away from God. We can become literally exhausted before we will admit our need of God, in our issues. God wants us to run to Him the first sign of trouble rather then seeking our own way.

We live in a time of uncertainty. Evil seems run faster then ever across the globe. The other night we watched a show on TV regular channel that a character used language that would have not been allowed in the past. In the last couple of days women preformed a mock abortion on a woman dressed as Mary in the middle of the street. The demons are dancing in victory. Remember fellow Christians, there victory will be short lived. They are winning the battle but God will win the war. This is the time to arm ourselves with the Battle armor of Christ because Satan is fighting harder then ever against the Church.

Ephesians 6:11 - 6:18

Ephesians Chapter 6

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Remember we are not in this battle alone. Not only are there fellow Christians but we are armed with the Holy Spirit.
Victory is ahead so pray that we will not lose hope.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 16, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

2 Timothy 1:

Timothy’s Faith and Heritage
3 I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, 4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, 5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.

I have read these verses many times, but one thing stood out to me this morning "genuine faith". To live out our faith in Christ, our faith must be genuine. This may be why there are people who come to Church and profess their faith in Christ and 6 months later they have left Church behind. I have no doubt that they meant well. They wanted to serve Christ, but their faith was not real but only a copy of the real thing.

Matthew 13

1.The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I believe that when a person hears the Word of God and accepts they have to choose to treasure that faith so that it grows. Just as when you plant in your garden, you feed and water your new plant when we begin our walk with Christ, our faith must be watered and fed from the Word of God.

17 Romans 10:7 then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

When we are given the seed of the Gospel, our faith will grow by studying the Word of God. When troubles come instead of running from God, we should seek His face and study His Word more then ever. This will increase our faith in Christ so that we are not led astray by Satan. Satan seeks to isolate us. If we do not worship with fellow believers, we can begin to feel alone and when trouble comes, Satan will convince us that no one cares and the more we run from being under the guidance of a good spiritual Shepherd, the more likely we are to become wrapped up in false Gospel. We can began to doubt God's Word and be acceptable to false teachers.

When we feel our faith begin to weaken, get back into Church with a Pastor who is not afraid to,speak the truth of the Gospel. Then you will be fed and watered by a Pastor who cares for God's sheep. Don't look for a "perfect" Church. There is no perfect Church, but look for a church where the Pastor has taken his role of shepherding his flock with the truth of God's Word.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 14, 2017

I had a fasting test today, which meant no coffee. I admit I moaned about that. In my defense I do not think straight before my coffee. How often do we take for granted the luxuries we have in this Country compared to third world Countries? No coffee can upset us, while others just wish they had clean water to drink. Should we not be more thankful for what we have? We should be thankful for what we have and pray for those who do not have. If we are able. we should consider giving to a Christian relief program.

Have a blessed day and express your thankfulness to God throughout your day.

Betty
Saw a dove couple yesterday in my yard. This made me happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 13, 2017

I would imagine those who have to get up early this morning, felt like you had a hangover from the daylight saving time change. There are days that we do not feel our best, yet we must carry on as usual. Sometimes it is because of lack of sleep. Sometimes it is because we are burden by sickness, trials, or worry. When these days come, we can go to God for added strength and help. God wants us to go to Him. When we try to carry on on our own, we find ourselves making mistakes and being short tempered. Why not begin the day with prayer and asking God to provide all our needs for the day, including emotional, spiritual, and physical.

Spring is just about here, my fav time of the year. Flowers are blooming. Squirrels and birds are more active. When we take time to look we can see the many little things that God is blessing us with. Have a great day and pray for yourself and others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 12, 2017

If you are like me, time change made it hard to get out of bed this morning. I hate the time change and as it turns out for good reasons. Studies show the time change actually effects our health. Of course there are so many studies that say one thing only to be contradicted by a new study later. One thing we can depend on is that God never changes. God's promises are just as true as when God gave His Words to Prophets and Apostles. What God said was sin when Paul was given the Words to write, is still sin today.
There is comfort in knowing that God never changes when we live in a world where morality is ever changing. Our hope is secure in our Heavenly Father. God's love for us does not change.

Have a blessed day and look for diamonds of grace from our Heavenly Father.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 10, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

The Church is often referred to as the body in Scriptures. Different people with different gifts, make up this body. Today the body is coming under attack by outside sources, but the body has always been under attack by itself. Satan often uses the members of the body to attack one another. We can be guilty of roasting the Pastor after Church, Sunday morning. We can be guilty of spreading gossip in the very building itself.

The Holy Spirit brought up a time in the past where I would gossip about fellow Christians. Of course my excuse was that I was hurting. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me that when I am hurting, I should go to God and talk to Him. I asked God to forgive me and I do believe He did. This said, in the times we live in, we need to beware that the devil would love nothing better then divide members of the body. People will do and say things that will hurt us, instead of grabbing our phone and trashing fellow believers, let us talk to Jesus. While talking about our hurts with one another may make us feel better, temporarily, talking to God can bring healing.

When a Church is unified and right with God, God can use that Church for mighty works. Let us seek to build each other up and help increase the faith and works of the body.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 9, 2017

I. woke up with praise in my heart and in my mouth for my Savior and Lord Jesus. Is there any better way to wake up? Of course I sang to God in my heart, lest I wake up hubby, but what a marvelous way to wake up! As the songs says: "The joy of the Lord, is my strength!"

My devotion at night has been about the judgement of the world by God, Himself. There is no doubt that the judgments will be swift and hard. God will judge the earth for those that are being martyred for their faith in Jesus. We live in our comfortable little life and we forget that today there are people who are imprisoned and murdered for their faith.

The very blood of innocent babies killed in the place they should be the safest; the womb, calls out for justice. While the choice of abortion is a sin, it is those who run for office on the platform of pro choice who will be judge the harshest. They prostitute their very conscious for political power. They protest and march for the rights to kill the ones who have no voice to speak for themselves. Yet, God hears their silent cry for justice and God's justice will be swift and cruel!

So how does my heart sing with such strong hope. God is love and God is justice. The two are not opposite of each other. God sent His only son to live among mankind and die so that He could have a relationship with mankind. It is not God that first rejected man. Adam and Eve rejected God's plan for them in the Garden of Eden. Yet, God in His great love for mankind, provided a way for us to escape judgement and be reconciled with our Heavenly Father. Today men and women make the choice to reject God. They refused the ticket to Heaven, paid by the precious blood of Jesus.

We are living in what is called the Grace period. Folks, this age is coming to a close. The age of grace will soon close and the age of judgement will soon open. Even in this time of judgement, It is God's will, that mankind will turn from sin and seek righteousness through the blood of Jesus.

Children of God rejoice and have a song of praise for our Heavenly Father. The Father will send His Son for His Children, soon! Soon we will take that Heavenly flight, from sinful earth into glorious Heaven. Let our hearts overflow with praise, Victory is indeed, ahead! What we see my faith today, will soon be verified when we walk through the gate of Heaven.

Betty

My Life Is In You, Lord
Daniel Gardner

MY LIFE IS IN YOU, LORD LYRICS
My life is in You, Lord
My strength is in You, Lord
My hope is in You, Lord
In You, it's in You. (Repeat)
I will praise You with all of my heart
I will praise You with all of my hope
With all of my life, and all of my strength
All of my hope is in You

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March, 8,2017
Good Morning and Happy. Wednesday,

A heavy question for this morning. If you were the only thing that your coworkers and family knew about Jesus, what would they think Jesus was like? Think about your behavior and the words that come out of your mouth. Would they think that Jesus is loving and kind? Or would think that Jesus is cruel with a sharp tongue? Would they think that Jesus gossips and never has a kind word to say about anyone?

Whether we like it or not, as Christians others judge God by our behavior. We should strive to live in a way that shows the love of Christ. This does not mean we condone sin or make light of sin, but we share the truth in love. First we have to make sure that our behavior is a good reflection of God. Pray each morning that you reflect God's love of others. Pray that God will help you control your tongue and your attitude.

In this time we live in, it is hard to always have a loving attitude but we ask God to help us reflect God's loving ways as we go about our day. When we do smart off, ask the person we smarted off to and God for forgiveness. Ask the Father to help you be a blessing to others instead of cutting down others with your tongue. Just because we know dirt on others, doesn't give us the right to spread the dirt everywhere we go. Instead let us spread God's love and kindness. Pray for those who have messed up and when devil wants you to spread gossip about others, stop and pray for them instead.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 7, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

When we think of the many mercies the Lord shines on us, we should feel blessed indeed. To often we see only the negatives and over look the many good things we have. Even when we are going through trials, there are many things to be thankful for in each of our lives. We need to take the time to remember our blessings and thank our Heavenly Father for our blessings. Remember the old hymn: "Count Your Blessings". Seek to be a grateful child of God and be grateful of what you have and not angry for what you do not have. Rejoice in the love our Heavenly Father has shown us and His generosity towards us.

In this world we will have trials and tribulations, Jesus told us we would. Our love for God should be stronger then the temporary things we deal with. Paul would tell us to keep our eyes on the prize and not on the difficulties. Remember these things will pass, but eternity is forever.

May God bless you today with joy and peace of heart.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 6, 2017

We have a dachshund. Dachshunds are runners. Where we live there is a wooden fence in back and a iron rod gate in front. We have tried everything to keep her from running. She also comes back in a few minutes, but I fear that she is going to get run over. We have put a vinyl cover on the gate and chicken wire but she still gets out.

Like my dog we have habits that are displeasing to God. Even when we work hard to change there are times that we fall back into that sin. The devil knows us and our weakness. When we get over tired or feel bad, he will tempt us to commit that sin. The best thing we can do is admit our weakness. Whether it is gossiping, putting others down, or stretching the truth, etc. Remind yourself during times of weakness and extreme stress, what sin it is you have a tendency to commit and be careful. When the devil causes you to start doing that sin, stop and ask God to forgive you and help you to stop.

As we go about our day let us seek to build one another up and pray for one another. Allow God to shine His love, through you to everyone you meet today.

Betty

I saw my first blue jay in my yard yesterday. Another little diamond in my life. Thank you, Jesus!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 3, 2017

I was saddened to see the disrespect given to the wife of the war hero that was honored, by our President. It was so sad to see people refuses to stand to honor her husband, because of their dislike of the President. One Celebrity on the view accused war widows of wanting their "fifteen minutes" of fame.
The left has become so angry and bitter that they even disrespect a woman who lost her husband recently.
They will honor a transgender but have no respect for a woman who recently lost her husband.

This just reminds of the time we are living in. The Bible says that when Jesus comes back for His children, the times will be like the times of Noah. Yesterday a cartoon movie came out for children with a gay character. Some Schools are not allowed to call children by the pronouns, he and she. We are indeed living in the times like Noah.

When we see these things Jesus reminds us to look up for your redemption is coming soon.

Luke 21:28King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

There are many things that causes us stress today. So many people filled with bitterness and hostility towards God and other people. The devil is attaching the children of God. Every Christian is being attacked in some way, but our hope is not if this world but of our Heavenly Father. Do not give up, do as Paul did press onward for the prize of eternity in Heaven.

As the old song says "It will be worth it all! When we see Jesus"

Betty

https://youtu.be/C9kllFr7jlQ

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Chorus
No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me.

About a year before my dad died, he told me that was his favorite song. I understood at the time, why. When my sister died, my dad worked hard to be strong for mom, but as his health begin to fail, his strength grew weak. I think everybody deals with things that they do not feel they can share with others and even when you do, people cannot fix every problem. Some things only God can help us with. This knowledge that Jesus does care for us, offers more then just comfort. He can strengthen us and help us through the trials we go through. We can go to Jesus with all our needs and concerns.

I love music. I always have. There are many songs both secular and Gospel that touches our hearts. That special song that was on, when we met our true love. Many songs I can remember what I was doing when I first heard them. Songs of praise and worship are great to listen to when you are feeling down. As you begin to worship God with the singer, your mood changes and you began to rejoice knowing your relationship with God is secure.

Today as you go about your day, remind yourself how loving and kind our Heavenly Father is to His children and thank God that you are one of His children.

Betty

https://youtu.be/lcxKRsn-hGc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 28, 2017

What is hope?

Definition of hope
hoped; hoping
intransitive verb
: to cherish a desire with anticipation : to want something to happen or be true hopesfor a promotion hoping for the best I hope so.
archaic : trust
transitive verb
: to desire with expectation of obtainment or fulfillment I hope she remembers.hopes to be invited
: to expect with confidence : trust Your mother is doing well, I hope.
Hope can be a fleeting thing that comes and goes with our emotions. Hope is important, because it keeps us going on bad days. Hope for a better tomorrow, a better future then today. As Christians, our hope does have to be feeble and weak emotions. Our hope is in Jesus, our Salvation and our Shepherd.

Romans 5:2King James Version (KJV)2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ephesians 1:18King James Version (KJV)18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:27King James Version (KJV)27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Whatever Satan throws our way our hope and security is our Heavenly Father. Always remember
this.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 27, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday

I got this from wise-geek:

"A divide and conquer strategy, also known as “divide and rule strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology. In this strategy, one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one. It generally takes a very strong power to implement such a strategy. In order to successfully break up another power or government, the conqueror must have access to strong political, military, and economic machines."

We see the devil is using this strategy today to destroy America. Even in 2014, when President Obama won a second time when there was a lot of us who were not happy about the election, you did not see chaos in the streets. Today, those who oppose our President are using ever opportunity to not just speak out against our President but to be belligerent in the speak about him. Our Country is slowly becoming weak by this division.

It is not just our Country that is being made weak by Satan. He is going after the Churches and families. In Churches where he can, he gets them to stray from the truth of the Gospel and accepts the world's view of morality and sin. When Pastors refuse to speak the truth then they are in a position to lead their members into embracing sin. The bigger the Church the more members can be swayed to abandon the truth of the Gospel.

If Satan cannot persuade the Pastor to preach untruths then he goes about dividing members from each other. He causes squabbles among Church members to the point, that there are those go to the same Church who do not even speak to each other. Satan does the same with families. He causes squabbles in families where family members do not speak to each other. His mission is to divide and conquer. When we as individuals go through trials, if Satan has causes us to isolate ourselves, then we are in a very bad place. We can begin to feel abandoned and unloved and our faith in God can become in danger. The more we isolate ourselves the more danger we are in.

This strategy should not surprise us. What did Jesus say about Satan?

John 10:10King James Version (KJV)10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

What is our defense? We pray and study the Word of God every day. When the devil tempts us to gossip about each other, we shut our mouth and pray silently for God to guide us to not speak anything that is not His will. When the devil talks trash to us, about family members and Church members, we do not sit and have a talk with Satan. Instead we cry out to God. We pray for the person the devil has brought to mind and then we pray that God will give us a loving heart towards that person. We seek to be one that offers love and healing to one another and not open ourselves to be used by Satan's agenda.

The closer to the rapture we get the more the devil will fight. We pray for our Country. We pray for our families and we pray for our Church.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 25, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

We got a new neighbor last night. There are 4 neighbors whose fence connect with them. This morning all the dogs including mine where trying to show their authority over the new dogs. Of course they were trying to prove their own right to be there so there was a lot of parking and poising. Sadly we Christians can do the same thing. Whether fighting over our position or fighting over our right to be in authority, we can be ungodly in our actions and words. This is not knew to Christianity. Remember the disciples were guilty of this. Even after the resurrection of Christ, Peter was upset when he found that he would die for his faith and questioned Jesus about the fate of John. Jesus rebuked Peter and let him know that is was none of Peter's business.

There is and will be questions we do not get the answer for on earth. We see men and women who live a evil life, live to be a ripe old age and we wonder why young children who love the Lord pass away. There are some answers we will not get until we go to Heaven. It is not our right to demand answers and God who is all powerful and knowing of all things may not give us the answers we demand. Rebellion and anger will only cause us to commit sins. Our position should be submission and complete trust in God. When we accept God's will and submit ourselves to His authority is when we will find peace of mind and heart.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 18:6King James Version (KJV)6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Today I was thinking about how sad it would be if I reacted to others in a sinful way. I was fearing that I would sin in my speech. The first thought that came to me was: "I hope not". God convicted me. As Christians we do not have to live in fear of sinning with our actions or our speech. We can pray in the morning and throughout the day for God to guide our speech and our actions. God can help us react with His love. Sometimes He tells us to be silent and pray for those who are hurting. That person you dealt with at the store or bank who acted in anger may be living in misery. Instead of reacting in anger, ask them if you can pray for them. Even if they smart off, walk off praying for them silently.

When we do sin and we are prone to do so, we have an Advocate with the Father.

1 John 2:1King James Version (KJV) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Do not hope to live a righteous life but pray for God to help you live a righteous life.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 4, 2017

When we get out of bed in the morning we think we have the day planned. Reality is often different then our ideas. I read recently: "Write your plans in pencil, because God writes His plans in ink". This doesn't mean that everything that happens to you was planned by God, but He does allow others to do things to us that were not His plan, but He uses for our own good. Our day can easily get turned around by things like a flat tire or even an accident. Whatever our day brings we will not go wrong, if we continue to trust God through it all.

We may not know what today or tomorrow will bring but if we are saved by the blood of Jesus, we know where we will spend eternity. We can lay our head on our pillow at night and know that God will be with through out the night and every day. God never promised us a life lying on a bed of roses but the thorns we bear will be worth it all, when we are in our Heavenly Home.

Betty

Saw a dove couple outside the window on a box. I have been watching doves for a couple of years. The male dove will come and check things out and then the female will join him. I love the way they look out for each other.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 23, 2017

Philippians 3:12-1412 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit there are times we want to give up. Hopefully not our faith in Christ but the day to day grind. Living for Jesus is hard and we are often weak, BUT GOD. See that is the answer to our problem. When we are overwhelmed instead of working on empty, we cry out to Jesus and ask Him to give us strength. It is when we try to convince ourselves that we can do it on our own that we fall on our face. Sometimes we take on things that God did not mean for us to do. We do not expect the Pastor to run the nursery, preach the sermon and clean the Church all in his own. It is okay to say no sometimes. For the work God has called us to do, He will supply our needs to preform the work.

It is important to get our rest. Sometimes God has to allow us to get sick before we will rest. It is often during those resting times that we spend more time talking to God. In God we find perfect rest, but we must take the time to spend quality time with Him. We can get so busy that our prayer life is "Good Morning God and Good Night God". With a few Hello God during the day, usually when we are driving .
God wants time with us, where our focus is on Him. The talks with God in the car while driving is just the icing on the cake, but not the meat.

Have a blessed day. I was happy to see tiny birds at the feeder this morning.
Betty

Reading Lar's post meant so much to me. We do not know how many people are praying for us when we are down to our last thread of hope. What a wonderful encouragement it is to pray daily for one another. Only God knows the trials each of us are going through.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22,2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

https://youtu.be/_4nI7AgUKwk

When my daughter was little, she loved to watch "Mr.Rodger's Neighborhood". He made the children watching feel that he cared for everyone of them. Jennifer felt that he was her hero. In interviews that he made, it was obvious that he genuinely cared about children.

Ironically, with the internet we can talk to people instantly from all over the world. People thousands of miles away, can know more personal things about us then the people next door. We use excuses that we don't want to bother the people next door or they are always so busy. Could it be we trust people thousands of miles away more then we trust the people next door? Ridiculous one would say but could be very true. If you share something embarrassing with a person you have never met who lives so far away, you have less to lose. Simply because if they tell their neighborhood your stuff it doesn't matter, they don't know you and you don't know them. If you confide in the person next door and they spread it throughout the neighborhood then your will feel embarrassed every time you walk out to get the mail. Sad but this is the day and age we live in.

Every time there is an incident on the news the people next door say they were quiet and kept to themselves. This could be said about hubby and me and everyone that lives on this street. We wave and call hello to our neighbors, several by their names, but they do not know us nor we actually know them.
Sadly we live in a age when we rarely trust people with our heart and our thoughts. I do not know the answer to how to develop trust with our neighbors.

I DO KNOW who we can trust with all our fears and concerns and that is our Heavenly Father. He will always listen and never turn us away. Even if we do not share our hearts with our neighbors, there is no reason why we cannot pray for them. Pray most of all for their salvation and then their health and safety.
Make it one of our ministries to pray for our neighborhood.

Betty

We have been enjoying a squirrel who loves to play in a tree in front of our living room window.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22, 2017

It is in those early hours of the morning when we are awake, that we can feel alone. Even if there is another person in the house that is asleep, we can feel loneliness. What do we do during these times?
We resist the devil who would love to fill our mind with discouragement. We remind ourselves that not only do we have friends and family that loves us, but we have a Heavenly Father who is always awake. He is always willing to listen to our fears and our pain. We can call upon Him and know that He will listen. Call out to Jesus in your grief, your discouragement, and your pain. Remember there those in the Bible who had times of fear and loneliness. God did not abandon His prophets when they felt alone and abandoned. He was there for them and He is here for us in our moment of need.

Psalm 23King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

__----------------------------------

Jesus wants us to go to Him. He wants us to pour our hearts out to Him. Tell Him your pain. Share with Him your loneliness. Trust Him with those secret needs and desires of your heart. Come to Jesus and be blessed. He will be with us during those lonely hours of the night or morning.

Betty

https://youtu.be/PANiveIKVX0

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19,2017

I have slept less then three hours through out the night, but I know God was with me. Through out the night I talked to God and prayed for others. Usually I am so stressed when I can't sleep, but God gave me peace through out the night. Even when we are suffering from pain, we can pray for others. It is as we pray for others and talk to God about our own issues that we began to feel calm and peace of mind and heart.
My dog and two cats stayed with me. They seemed to know I felt bad. Hubby has some kind of virus and he also was awake part of the night.

May God bless you today and your families.

Betty

https://youtu.be/nLnY0oLiTK8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 17, 2017

2 Corinthians 5:7New King James Version (NKJV)For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Such a simple verse to read and so hard to implement. Every one has something they deal with on a daily bases. Yes, there are times that our faith is strong and we walk confidently, but there are times, whether from being physically or emotionally tired our faith is weak. We wonder why God has not stepped in fixed our situation or at least explained to us why we have to suffer so much. Days like that it is hard to keep waking and keep doing what we need to do, when the thing we want to do is cover our head and hide from the world. So we often suffer in silence, while we are moaning and crying inside. Instead we should cry out to God. Even if He chooses at the moment, not to step in and fix things. He will give us the strength we need to keep walking in trust and faith. What we are going through will not last forever. The pain will one day be gone, whether we are healed in this body or with our new body in Heaven. Until that day let us talk more to God and lean on His understanding and not our own.

Betty

https://youtu.be/lnXNTXCYwVs

https://youtu.be/L5bLvVjJ4MA

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 16, 2017,

Over the years of feeding the birds and squirrels, I have noticed that the smaller birds are the last to leave if I walk outside. I used to think the bigger birds felt threaten because they were so easily seen. I have begin to think the tiny birds think they are not seen unless you get closer to them. The tiny birds are not as well hidden as they think. We chuckle at the birds and their mistaken belief, but we sometimes think we can hide from God and Satan. When we are not living right we think we can hide from God. We also think we can hide from Satan so he cannot tempt us. We cannot hide from either one. We do not have to fear Satan. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we are God's children.

Matthew 10:28King James Version (KJV)28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There is security and safety in the arms of Jesus. This does not mean that we will not have bad things happen to us, but we do not have to suffer these things alone. Jesus is walking with us both through the sunny gardens and the trails through the dark and gloomy forest. The trials and burdens are only for a short time compared to eternity in Heaven.

2Corinthians 4:17King James Version (KJV)17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Have a blessed day and rejoice in the knowledge that it will not be long until Jesus calls His children home.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 14, 2017

Good Morning and. Happy Valentines Day,

Romans 5:8-9King James Version (KJV)8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Today is a great day to show the person you love how special they are to you. Some of us women have to take the lead and book a meal at a restaurant and buy a gift that both of us can enjoy. Others are blessed with mates that like to surprise us. What ever group you are in, enjoy the day.

Today take time out to be a blessing to someone whose loved one passed away last year. Pray for God to give them comfort and peace. If you live close enough, maybe you can drop by for a visit.

If this year, you have no Valentines, then treat yourself to a nice meal out, you are worth it.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 13, 2017

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

A tongue can destroy the reputation of sinners and Christians. If a fellow Christian sins, is it our job to speak the knowledge to everyone we know? What if this person has asked God for forgiveness and God has forgiven them and yet we continue to spread our knowledge of this sin to others? Have we now set ourselves above God? Knowledge is a powerful and so is the tongue. If we are spreading tales of sins of what God has forgiven, are we not ourselves, committing a sin?

A tongue can destroy a marriage. If a mate shut downs their spouse with sarcasm when they speak to them, they can destroy the person they love, self confidence and self worth. Satan can use this to cause a mate to be tempted to sin themselves when Satan tempts them with someone who listens with kindness. A mate who uses his or her tongue to tear down their spouse, will be judged by God.

As Christians, we need to pray daily that God will help us control our own tongue. We do not want to be used as a tool of the devil to destroy others.
We can use our tongue for praying for others and praising God. We can share the Gospel with others and encourage one another with our tongues.
Let us pray every day that God will help us control our tongues.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2017

There are burdens and struggles in each of our lives that we do not share with anyone, yet we do not have to struggle alone. We have a Heavenly Father that wants to hear our needs, our struggles, and our burdens. Not only does He have compassion for us, but He can help carry our burdens and sorrows and if it is His will, removed them.

We often wonder why God doesn't take our sickness, our burdens, and our pain, away. Yet, it is often in God's plan for us to carry these things. These things bring spiritual growth and they remind us that no matter how long we have been saved, we have not arrived into perfection. If we have think we have arrived into perfection, drive somewhere and your humanity will shine forth. Nothing like having a driver cut you off, to have our temper rise up and make itself know. So our struggles are needed so that we can continue to grow in grace and spiritual strength.

Today as we worship the Lord in His House, let us pray that God will give us peace of hearth and strength in our bodies and minds to carry the load that He has assigned to us.

God bless and keep you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2017
Goodnight and May God bless you with good sleep and rest,

At noon today, I sat on the front porch drinking my coffee. It was relaxing listening to the birds and the kindergarten children's laughter as they go off the bus. Sometimes we need that alone time outside to regroup emotionally and to physically rest. God loves us and He wants us to take time for ourselves for fun and relaxation. God made this beautiful earth and all the creatures of nature for the enjoyment of mankind.
How often do we praise God for a beautiful sunset or the singing of the birds? Let us be grateful children and remember to thank God for all His blessings to us, both small and big.

God bless and keep you,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

I thought I would reshare something from last year.

Do you ever feel the need to remind God that you are made of flesh and easily torn and broken? That you can came from Adam and Eve and are easily led into sin and astray? God knows our weakness yet, sometimes we feel the need to remind Him that we are still in our sinful bodies and not in our glorified bodies ,yet. I do not think God is angry when we tell Him that. He may be amused, but not angry. For God wants us to come to Him in our weakness. No where in the Bible does it say: "Seek me out, when you become spiritual Giants". No! It is in our weakness and in our humility that God can use us for His glory. Prideful people who think they have it all together are NO use to God. That is why God called the simple, the weak, often the uneducated to work for Him. There is nothing wrong with education. God often uses educated people for His glory, but they had to start at Jesus' feet in a spirit of humility, like every one else. It is when we are willing to be used by God in His will that He can use us for His glory. This morning there were several red birds and this stated morning on a happy note. It is always good to start the day on a happy note. But many mornings the devil can start our morning with confusion and anger by making things go wrong. The best thing you can do at that moment is stop. Take a moment and pray. You might think that you are running late and don't have time to pray. But praying can give you peace and help you bring joy to your morning. Today let us find moments to give God praise and worship. Prayers do not have to be long. Short prayers from the heart matters to God. Be blessed today and be a blessing to others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 7, 2017

There is a commercial that shows a young woman driving down the road with her dog. The announcer says: " This is what you smell". Then it show a car that looks like a huge dog. The announcer says "This what your passengers smell". The announcer talks about being nose blind to smells around you. In today's world Churches and Christians, alike, have become sin blind. They no longer see some sins as sins. Political correctness has replaced the Truth of the Bible. This is how Preachers can stand in the pulpit and promote a political party that promotes gay marriage and abortion. It is not that the Preachers do not know and understand the Truths of the Bible, but they have chosen political correctness over God's Word.

The Bible says that Preachers and Teachers are going to be held to a higher accountability then the average Christian. This is because they are in a position to teach their beliefs to the Church. When Preachers and Teachers choose to promote sin over the Truth of God's Word, they share in the responsibility of those who have sinned, believing that their type of sin is now acceptable by God. A person who sins is still personally responsible because the Bible is available for them to check out for themselves, but those who stand in front of the Sheep and promote sin as acceptable, are responsible, too!

There is no reason for us to be sin blind. Study the Word of God. Pray and ask God to show you, His Truth. Jesus knew that in the end times people would say that God had changed His Mind about sin. This is why He warned us:

Hebrews 13:8
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” King James Version (KJV)

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Feb 6, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

After a sleepless night, I ended up going to sleep at 5 and sleeping until noon. All of us have sleepless nights but I am blessed to be retired with hubby so I can sleep late. We go through events in our lives that we do not understand. Friends tell us that we will understand when we get to Heaven. This is not a empty promise. There are many questions in our lives that the answer will only come in Heaven. Until then we trust God because He knows the reasons. Whatever His designs for our lives, the attacks from the devil cannot keep God from accomplishing His Heavenly purpose. Satan may sidetrack us but God will use this too, for His glory. It is when we praise and continue to worship God even when Satan has derailed us that God can polish and bring out the shine in us. Serve and trust God in the midst of the good and the bad. Faith in God can sustain through those times we do not know the reason why. Everything we go through on our journey will be worth it when we walk through the Gates of Heaven.
Betty

https://youtu.be/a6Z73XUlONg

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 5, 2017

Today is the Super Bowl and I admit I plan on watching the game. One day, as children of God, we will have a party that will make the Super Bowl look like a small family dinner. When we gather for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, there will millions. Millions of people from centuries that have given their hearts and souls to Jesus. This will be a blessing that no tongue can describe and the joy will be more then a human heart could bear. We will have our spiritual bodies and we will no longer be housed in sinful and defected mortal flesh. As Christians, this is our desire, for Jesus to come soon and take His children to Heaven.

Hubby and I are fixing to leave for Church. Until the rapture we are privileged to worship God in His Houses on earth. One day we will worship God, in His presence in Heaven.

Betty

https://youtu.be/pMPn0gTPooc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 3, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

This morning as I fed the birds and squirrels, my heart begin to grieve over lost loved ones. The devil reminded me that it was my temper that caused some loved ones to distance themselves from me. Usually I allow this to send me into a guilt fest time of pity and self persecution. This time I took my pain to God. I cannot go back and change what I said. Sin is like that. We can work to heal the damaged caused by sin but sin leaves scars in us and those who our sin touched. After seeking forgiveness from God and the person we sinned against there is nothing we can do about the sin itself. We can learn from our sins. This is very important. When Satan tempts us to sin, we can remind ourselves that sin touches ourselves and those around us. This is why God cannot allow sinners into Heaven. Sin is nasty and it ruins everything it touches. Sinners entering Heaven would change Heaven into what earth is today. People stealing, hating others and killing. Just because a sinner went to Heaven, doesn't change their sinful hearts and desires.

Only the blood of Jesus can change sinful hearts. A person who reject the blood of Jesus, has rejected Heaven. It is not a question of a sinner being sent to hell, but sinners choosing hell themselves. Of course we would say that no one would choose hell, and most would say they don't, but their refusal of the cure for sin is accepting the outcome of sin. If your town was infected by a terrible disease that would cause death and a Doctor came in with a cure, each person would have to decided whether to take the cure for themselves. Those who refused the cure would die. It is that simple. Jesus shed His blood for a redemption of sin. He does not force salvation on anyone. We must choose to accept His precious gift or die in our sins. It is our choice. You must choose for yourself.

Joshua 24:15
“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Betty
We had some new birds yesterday. Brown bodies with reddish brown heads

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2, 2017

Friendship is a precious gift and is often rare in the world today. We as people as not as trusting as people were in the 50's. Our friendships are often only above the surface. We are afraid to bear our heart and soul with others for fear they will use the knowledge against us our turn away from us. Sometimes those we seek friendship with are not interested. We live in a world filled with people yet we are lonely. We hide parts of ourselves, even from family members. We can work and live side by side people every day and yet we know very little about each other. There is no easy answer and there is no answer on how to know who we can trust.

We have a Savior that we can talk about everything with. Nothing in our heart and minds will shock Him. He DOES want to be friends with us. He is trustworthy. There is no evil in Him and yet He wants to be friends with us who sin and fall short and think and do things that our embarrassing. We can go freely and openly to the throne of God and let everything out; the good and the bad. He will not turn away from us. He will listen and He is willing to accept us and change us if we are willing to be changed. We can have an honest open relationship with God our Heavenly Father. What a precious gift we have! Yet this gift is so neglected. We rarely have honest and open talks with God.

Let us strife to spend more time with God and be more open and honest with him. Be appreciative of your friendship with others and let them know how much you love and appreciate them.

Betty

We bought more bird seed yesterday and another bird house.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Evening and May you sleep well,

Matthew 24:The Day and Hour Unknown
36“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,f but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45“Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Some people believe something major has to happen before Jesus comes for His Bride, but that is not the case. Jesus tells us that life will be going along as normal, when He comes for the Church. Our job is to be ready for His return. Are we praying daily for forgiveness of our sins? Are we sharing God's love with others? Are we praying for lost souls? Let us not lose heart. Jesus is coming back. Do not give up so soon to our homecoming in Heaven.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 21,2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Yesterday, President Trump was sworn into the office of President. I am sure he and his staff were pleased to have a good outcome, after all their work. Everyday, Christians work for the Lord. Some Christians like Preachers, Teachers, and Public Speakers are in a position to hear quickly whether their work was accepted. Others work in the background. For awhile my sister cleaned the Church. Church members take for granted that the Church will be cleaned for each service. People are not likely to praise the cleaning crew for a job well done, but if something is missed accidentally, there is sure to be someone to complain.

As we go through life in our Christian walk and our jobs, we will not always be given validation from others. There will be times that we feel we are taking for granted. We can become discouraged and feel unappreciated. When we do all our work unto the Lord, we are not working for nothing. Whether it is reading stories to your young children or grandchildren or emptying the garbage cans at Church or a business, if we do unto the Lord we will reap awards in Heaven.

Our attitude towards work can affect our mood. If we do our work angrily and with resentment, we have lost any rewards. If we do our work prayerfully we will see a difference. If you work with people, pray that God will open doors for you to share the love of Christ to others. If you do your work behind the scenes, pray for those who will come in contact with what your have touched. In all things we do pray that our work will be found acceptable to Christ.

Matthew 25:21King James Version (KJV)21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty Louise,

On Thursday Jan. 19th you wrote:

"Lar,

Thank you for encouraging me. Have a blessed day and I pray you will sleep better.
Betty"

Betty Louise, you're welcome [Smile] Thank you for praying for my sleep. I will pray that you will be able to sleep better too.

Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 19, 2017

Tomorrow our Country faces a great change. Sadly our Country is divided over this. Six months ago the liberals were convinced that they would win, but to their shock they did not. There are some who are so angry that they hope to see Trump killed, rather then see him as our President . This is a sin problem. The devil has filled mankind's hearts with hate. Only God knows what tomorrow will bring. Instead of being fearful, we should pray that people will turn to God for their hearts to be healed. Hate is a tool of the devil and it can lead to all kinds of sin. People do not wake up one day and commit murder. It is hate that grows from a seed into a tree of bitterness and malice. Only God can heal hatred and bitterness.

The reality is we do not know what kind of President Mr. Trump will be. As Christians, let us pray that he will keep his promises and do good for our Country. Whatever the future, God is in control. Have a blessed day.
Betty

Isaiah 41:10New International Version (NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Enjoying lots of little birds and my faithful squirrel. [youpi]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,

Thank you for encouraging me. Have a blessed day and I pray you will sleep better.
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty Louise,

I haven't been to this Christian bulletin board for some now, but I just wanted to tell you that I was blessed by this most recent post of yours. I too tend to wake up early in the morning at times, and your thought here is an inspiration (and a reminder) to me of what to do (and what to pray for) when I wake up. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. [Smile]

Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2017
Good Early Morning and Happy Wednesday,

I went to sleep at midnight and here I am awake at 2:30 am. There is no one to talk to but, God. Who better to talk to then our Heavenly Father? We can tell Him anything with out Him judging us. We can talk about our fears, our worries, and our health issues. He isn't going to tell us that He is sick of hearing us talk about the same thing all the time. We can express our dreams of the future and no matter how far fetch our dreams are, He will listen with love and patience. There is a peace and calm as we share our heart to God in the early morning hours. No one but God knows what this day holds for us but we can go back to sleep with assurance God is still on His throne and still is in control.

As we lie awake in the silence, if we listen, God will bring people to our minds who have various needs. This is a good time to pray for one another. Pray for our Country and our soon to be leader. Pray that God will heal the great divide among Americans. Pray for our loved ones who are ill and for salvation for our unsaved loved one. Pray for those who grieving lost loved ones and lost health. What better way to spend early morning time then having a talk with Jesus.
Betty

https://youtu.be/JdMAPM_ZDWQ

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement