Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 15)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 27, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Birthday to my Daughter, Jenn

As I fed the birds and squirrels, I was watching the ground to make sure I did not trip on anything or step on a snake. When I came to the fence, I stopped and looked up and there was a beautiful tree on the side of the house, filled with white flowers. This reminded me of how we humans act. We can be caught up so much in our problems that we forget we serve a God that can preform miracles.

There is no problem that scares God. He is in control. We may feel at times that we are in plastic tub being thrown here and there in the midst of a tropical storm. Truth is there are many things that we cannot control about our lives. We spend so much time fighting against the wind and the sharpest of the rain that seems to pierce our very souls. This is an illusion brought by the devil. Our souls are secure in God. Only we can remove our soul from God's hands. When we relax in the hands of God and trust in Him we will find safety and security. When we let go of fear and trust in God, we will find peace.

Romans 8:38-39 [Full Chapter]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rejoice in the God of your salvation. Sing praises to the God and His Majestic Glory. When fear knocks at your heart, encourage yourself in the Lord. God is with us in these bodies of clay and one day we will be with Jesus in all His glory in Heaven. Today we fight against the devil and the people who he has persuaded to do his work. On day we will walk in perfect truth and know no pain or fear. All fears and doubts will cease and we will see Heaven in all of Her glory.

Today sin is increasing and the works of the devil are multiplying, but there is coming a day, when the devil will be defeated and our troubles will just be a distant memory. Serve God your Heavenly. Father with joy and gratefulness. Look forward to the day that you will see Him face to face. Until the day we see Jesus, let us serve God to the best of our abilities with a cheerful heart.

I am waiting to leave to go to the hospital for a heart procedure. I appreciate your prayers for me and my hubby.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 26, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday

I leave in a bit to go do pre-op for a heart procedure, tomorrow . I really wasn't nervous until they told me I had to go to do pre-op. A procedure doesn't sound that much until they mention pre-op. Of course I am not having that procedure alone, God will be with me.

We face many unknowns in life. What if a medical procedure goes wrong? What if I lose my job? What if my mate dies? Unknowns can produce tension and fear. What do we do when worry pops up in our lives? We go to God. God knows everything, including the future. We can rest in Him knowing He will be with us whatever tomorrow brings.

Peace is something we take for granted until we lose it. Perfect peace is not sold in a store. Doctors cannot prescribe peace in a pill. Only God gives perfect peace.

Isaiah 26:3King James Version (KJV)Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

The more we trust God, the more peace we will have. Sure there will be times the devil speaks lies into our mind. When we remember that the devil is a liar and begin to talk to God, our trust will grow and this will produce the flower of peace in our life.

We must remind ourselves not to give up. There is victory in Jesus.

Betty

Saw a female cardinal in the bird bath this morning.

https://youtu.be/547e7uoNPcw

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 25, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

I have an weaken immune system and weak kidneys so I came back from vacation with a kidney infection. All of us have vulnerable areas in our lives. Some people are prone to gossip. Some people are easily angered. It is a good idea as Christians to know what sin we are vulnerable to. Trust me, the devil knows our weakness. He is very happy to bounce on our weaknesses and use them for his evil plans. His plans is to destroy our faith in God and cause us to backslide. Even if he is not successful in causing us to backslide, he will work on destroying our witness for Christ. He will cause us to sin and then try to convince us we are damaged goods and no longer worthy of working for God.

What the devil doesn't understand is God is an expert in using damaged people for His glory. He takes a broken piece and turns into a work of beauty. This does not mean that we should sin on purpose. As Paul said:"Heaven forbid !"

What should we do? We learn our weakness and prepare ourselves. If we are prone to gossip, when someone starts to tell you gossip, stop the conversation and ask the person who is talking to you to stop and pray together for the person they are discussing. When Satan seeks to use prayer time to spread gossip about someone, ask those in the group to pray for an unspoken request.

If we are prone to anger, be aware of what makes us anger. When we see that Satan is pushing our buttons, stop and pray. Pray even for the person that the devil is using to push your buttons. When we pray God will give us peace and it is much better then counting to 10.

Whatever our vulnerability is, be prepared. Stay prayed up. Get rest so we are not over extended and more prone to sin. As soon as we see we are able to see a red flag rise up, go to God. God is with us every day and in the midst of our struggles we can go to Him for help.

As God's children we have access to the Throne of God. Begin your day in prayer and end your day in prayer. Seek God's will for your life and trust in His plans. Leave your fears at His feet and trust in God.
The devil is a liar and God will never leave nor forsake you.
Betty
Happy to see the blue jays yesterday. [hyper]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

When we were on vacation, our son and daughter-in-law baby sitted our dog(Bertha). We figured the dog would be so mad at us for leaving us that she would not have anything to do with us when we got back. Instead she slept between us last night so she could be touching us both.

Sometimes, we as Christians can act like spoilt children when we do not get our way. When God doesn't heal us or a loved one we can be tempted to become angry with God. If this anger remains unchecked it can turn to bitterness. Have you ever witness to someone who rejected God because they were angry at God? It is easier to become angry at God when someone we love is very sick then ourselves.
When I lost my sister in 1993, I was so lost. She was my best friend. I was blessed that my emotion was devastation instead of bitterness. In my devastation, I turned to God instead of away from God.

Other things can cause a loss of faith. Divorce and lost of job can be devastating and open us up to fear and fear can lead to anger and anger to bitterness. Instead of seeking God for comfort and guidance, we can be tempted to run from God. We can also be tempted to bargain with God. We will read our Bible and attend Church when God gives us what we want. Just as in marriage one mate with holds intimacy from the other as a leverage to get what they want so do some children of God with hold intimacy with God as leverage. When a mate does this, he or she rips apart love and trust in their marriage. When a child of God does this they destroy their relationship with God. Both the marriage and the relationship with God can be mended but there is a lot of suffering and lost of trust along the way to the healing stage.

God knows everything. Suffering, whether it be ourselves or our loved one has a purpose. Truth is we may not know the reason why until we stand before God. We can find peace in the midst of not knowing the reason by trusting God. Just as a parent often has to say no to their children to protect them, God says no to us to protect us.

Be blessed today and try to get some rest for your bodies and minds.

Betty
Blessed to hear bird singing this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2017
Good Evening and Happy Friday,

We got home this evening from vacation. We were blessed with travel mercies and protection from our Heavenly Father. We are tired and sunburned but it was a wonderful trip. God wants us to rest our bodies and our minds. He set an example by resting on the seventh day. We often forget how much God cares for us. We are important to God, not because we are so worthy, but because He is so loving towards us. He cares about our needs and wants us to live in peace and joy. We find this peace and joy, not by acquiring wealth, but from resting in Jesus.

Matthew 6:25-34King James Version (KJV)

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Be joyful and praise your Lord and Savior.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 22, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

America was started by People who wanted freedom of Religion. They did not want to live in a Country where the Religion was the Church of England. They wanted the freedom to worship the way they chose to do so. Contrary to the popular believe among atheists, the separation of state was not to control people's religious beliefs but to control government control of Religion. Our forefathers did not want a Church of America nor a Church of Texas.

Sadly atheists and many liberals want to use the Constitution against Religion. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say leave your religious beliefs at home when you vote. The Constitution did not say there could not be the Ten Commandments written on a poster in the class rooms. It was not against Christian beliefs which this Country was started on. The Constitution was against a public School teaching that the students they had to be Catholic or Baptist or etc.

Why do atheists seek so hard to kill Christianity? They do not go after the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.
The reason is somewhere deep inside of them they know Christianity is real, that Jesus is real and alive today. They fight so hard to remove Christian symbols from Schools and public places because these things offend them and the sight of them reminds them that Christianity is real. If they can remove every thing about Christianity from their lives they can live comfortably going against Biblical principals.

I read the other day that atheism is a temporary condition. The person that wrote that is spot on. The Bible makes it clear that one day every man and woman will knell at the feet of Jesus and acknowledge that He is God. Unfortunately, it will be too late to seek salvation at that moment. The days of grace will be over and they will be standing at the Great White Throne Judgement. Then those whose names are not in the Book of Life will be sent to hell.

Satan doesn't care of you are an atheist or any other Religion as long it is not Christianity. He lived in Heaven once and he knows God is real. This is why you do not see liberal Democrats go after anybody but Christians who take the Bible literally. They accuse of Christians of hating homosexuals yet make excuses for Muslims even though a homosexual is subjected to being exacted in Muslim Countries. Christians are not to hate homosexuals, we are to pray for them. Jesus instructs us to remove the beam from our eye before addressing another's sins. We are to love one one another and pray for one another.

If God tarries, we will see more of this hatred against Christians in this Country. Remember all this talk about One World Government and One World Religion is not about World freedom. It is about World control of all people. This One World Government is being prepared to be put in place so the anti-Christ will rule from its platform. The Bible says there will come a day that you will have to have the mark of the anti-Christ on your right hand or forehead to be able to buy and sale any goods.

Until that day Jesus comes for His children and the devil takes control of this earth, stay true to your Savior Jesus Christ. Be strong in your beliefs and vote as God would have you do so. Do not give into the evil of abortion or any other sin. Stay strong, God has not forsake us and He is sending Jesus soon to get us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 21. 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

We had a very late dinner and slept late this morning. Sitting on the balcony that overlooks a covered courtyard. It is a lovely view and peaceful. A windmill and flowing water adds to the attraction.

We live in a world, where people are looking for peace of mind and heart. Peace is an illusion and in realty complete peace can only be found in a relationship with Christ. This is why there are so many people hurting emotionally. Some people try to find peace in material good. Some try to find peace in alcohol and drugs and for some, people, they think that peace is in an illusion of power. I say illusion of power because the most powerful people rarely keep power their whole life. We were watching a show about Bill Cosby, last night. In the height of his career he could pick and chose what he wanted to do and be paid big bucks to do so. Now, it is even doubtful he could get a job at a Dinner Theater. The same thing applies with Politicians. Sadly, many sell their souls to reach a powerful position, only to end their days alone and bitter.

It is said that God made us with a hole in our hearts that only He fits. A life lived for Christ will rarely bring you any glory and popularity on earth, but a life lived for Christ will give you peace of mind and heart on earth and eternity in Heaven. Even if you live to be 100 years old, what is a 100 years of wealth, power, and popularity on earth, compared to a eternity walking the streets of gold with our Savior and Lord.

The closer you walk with God, the more peace you experience. As you grow spiritually, the less earthly fame, money and popularity will appeal to you. You will begin to see how shallow those things are and how they can fly away from a person like a feather in the wind. Like the old song says: what is built up for eternity will never rot or decay and cannot even be stolen from us by the devil.

Those who live for self only have this life to rejoice in. Those who live for Jesus will have eternity to rejoice. Praise God for salvation and His mighty love for His children. May we never take those things for granted.

Betty
The trees and plants and moving water is very nice but I miss the sound of singing birds.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20,2017
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

This afternoon we are going on a vacation. First one in eight years. A little nervous about the trip, but I know God will be with us. We can trust Him to be with us no matter where we are. We can take comfort whether in life or death, as God's children, He is always with us.

Change is hard. Vacation is just a small change and short term. On the other hand moving is a very stressful change. We have moved across Country three times and across towns 10 times. Changing jobs is stressful. Even adventurous people get the butterflies in the tummy when making life changes. Happy times can also be stressful, like getting married and having a baby. Change turns things around in your life. What was comfortable is no longer there and replaced by something new. We do not have to fear change. We can determine to let go of fear and grab hold of God.

The devil would love to take happy events and turn them into stressful times. Stressful people become nervous and nervous people become fearful and grumpy. The devil likes nothing better to turn people against each other. Let a couple have a fight and that same devil will try to convince you that God is going to give up on them because they failed. We as human beings forgive our young children when they are tired and fight between themselves. They may get on our very last nerve. We may even yell at them, but our love for them doesn't die. Yet the devil can convince us that God stops loving us because we sin. Of course we need to ask forgiveness of our sins and God will cheerfully forgive us.

While people can be guilty of holding grudges, God does not. When we ask God to protect us, He doesn't bring up our sins and makes us beg Him to protect us. When we have our past sins flow though our minds like ticker tape, remember that is the devil. The devil is the one to remind us, that we are not worthy of forgiveness. Of course we are not worthy, but God sent His Son to mankind, while we were still living in sin.

God loved us before we were born. We will never be saved because we are worthy. We can be saved because of God's love. His love alone was the reason Jesus shed His precious blood for our sins. Salvation is a gift for all, but we must accept it. If we do not accept the gift then we ourselves have chosen to spend eternity in hell. If your gas tank is empty and I offer you a $50 gift card for gas and you refuse the gift card, whose fault is it if you run out of gasoline on the highway?

I may be wrong but I believe in hell people will know that they chose to be there because the refused the gift of salvation.

My blog may be off and on for a few days because of our vacation. Please pray for us to have travel mercies.

Betty
I think I put enough birds seed for several day. I want to keep the squirrels and birds happy.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 19, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

This morning I had to deal with a hospital bill that was a mistake. It was for a hospital that was billing for this last April. I haven't been using that hospital for two years and they billed a insurance company that was canceled In March. Frustrating, and I talked to three people and still have to wait for them to call me back. Isn't it wonderful that God never mistakes us for someone else. When we stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ, we have no worries that we will be judged on another person's works and motives. God knows us better then we even know ourselves. We do not have to worry about other's sins. We just have to seek forgiveness for our own.

It should break our heart when loved ones and friends refuse the gift of salvation, but even if wanted to, we cannot take their place in eternity. Simply said the first thing we do is make sure we are saved. Just like they say on a plane, in a loss of oxygen, we put the mask on ourselves first and then try to help others. Once we are secured in our salvation, then we pray for opportunities to share the Gospel with others. I have found in the past that God often uses non family members to reach our family. People are more apt to listen to non family members when it comes to spiritual issues. We pray daily for loved ones and it is a good idea to pray that God will send someone in our loved ones lives to share the Gospel that they will listen to.

There is always hope. I know of a person who got saved long after his praying mom passed away. We pray for the lost until the rapture. As we wait on our loved ones to see the truth and accept it, we pray that God will give us peace of heart and mind.

As the time of grace grows to an end, let us pray and trust God, even more. We serve a living God who is quite aware of the world we live in. He told us in the Bible how the last days would be and we are seeing His truth played out before our eyes. Do not fear that God has gone to sleep. He is allowing things to happen for a reason. Soon the age of the Gentiles will be over and God will turn His eyes to the Apple of His eyes; Israel. The door closing on the Gentiles will open the door for the Jewish people to recognize their Messiah. Rejoice my friends, it will not be long until we are, as God's children will be called home to glory.
Live in victory and not dismay. We serve a living and active God.

Betty

The blue jay has become so comfortable in my back yard that he has either brought his mate or a friend, not sure which. [Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 18, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

As I fed the birds and squirrels, I looked up at the sky. The sky reminded me of white cotton balls with a blue background. It was pretty. I stared at the sky for a time just enjoying it. Last night I had one of the embarrassing issues of colitis. To be honest I was frustrated and felt sorry for myself. This morning as I reflected on last night, God reminded me that it had been six months since I had one of those and that it happened at home and not in public which would have been humiliating. This morning I was grateful. On the other hand, last night I was not near to being grateful.

This reminded me of how we are prone to react to problems. We are involved in a fender bender and if we are honest the first thought that goes through our head is not thankfulness that no one is hurt. Our first thought is likely to be:"Why, God?". Our first emotion is fear. Our second is anger. It is only when we settle down to we began to feel grateful that no one is hurt. While it is true our second response comes out of fear, it is sad that our first response is not trust.

I would like to be able to say that in trouble my first response is always trust in God, I am not there, yet.
For over 65 years God has been there for me every day and yet in turmoil and trouble my first response is fear. Yet, God in His tremendous mercy does not give up on me. God would be justified to just walk away from me, but in His love for me, He stays. In His mercy, He encourages me. In His grace for me, He reminds me that I can trust Him.

When we have these types of incidents, God doesn't want us to torture ourselves with self reproach, but to rejoice in God's faithfulness. Let these situations remind us that we can trust God. Praise God for never leaving us and His great love for us.

Spiritual growth is often one step forward and two steps back, baby steps and rarely leaps of faith. It is in those baby steps that trust begins to grow. Our trust is growing strong like an oak tree. The devil would like to convince us that we are in the same spot that we were on the day we got saved. This is a lie. We are growing every day. Do not let those steps backwards, define us. We are walking in victory through Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. Today we may fall down, that is okay. If we don't just lie there and we get up in Jesus Name, our fall can teach us even more then never falling at all.

Happy Father's Day to the Dads. The best thing you can teach your child is the way of salvation and to trust in God.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 17, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Saturday,

I frequently talk about looking for tiny diamonds of blessings. It is rare to see butterflies here, maybe because the yards are so small and close together, or maybe because most of my neighbors have big dogs. I was putting bird seed in the bowl hanging from a tree in the back yard when a yellow butterfly flew up and flew around me several times. I told the butterfly that she was beautiful and then butterfly lit on my arm. This was a diamond of joy for me. I thanked God for this moment of joy. I honestly believe God sends us the tiny moments to encourage us and to remind us, that He loves us. Of course your moments of joys can and will be different from mine. This is because God knows us as individuals and He knows what makes us happy.

In a world where people are know by numbers rather then their names; social security numbers, birthdays etc.., it is nice to rest in assurance that God knows my name. Not only does He know us by name, but He knows how many hairs we have on our heads. He knows our weak points and He knows our strengths. He knows what makes us happy and He knows what upsets us. We take this for granted, yet we serve God who put the world and everything from solar system to the tiny ant into existence by the words from His mouth. What a glorious reminder that the God of the universe cares about the little things in our lives, from the moment we are conceived in our mother's womb until we take our last breathe on this earth.

Yet, sadly, we often listen to the devil and his lies, when he tells us that no one cares about us.
We buy into his lies that we are worthless and useless. God tells us that not only did He die for us but that He is with us and NEVER will forsake us. The devil uses sinners for his agenda and throws them out like trash when He is finished with them. God, on the other hand, as we age and we grow weaker, draws us closer to Him and loves us in our weaken state. This knowledge of God is enough for us to want to shout praises from the roof tops. God is good, He has always been good, and when this world is no more God will still be good. Trust in God, the one who loves you, and stop listening to the devil who hates mankind because God loves us so much.

You are special not because of what you have done but because of your gift of salvation has brought you into God's family. You are now His child. Pray for those who have not yet accepted their gift of salvation. As we see the world turning more and more like Sodom and Gomorrah and violence and hate grow like grace in a field, let us pray more for the lost. Soon the age of grace will end.

May God bless you and your families.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

If every time you pray, your find yourself drawn to a past sin, that you have already asked God to forgive you, then it is not God that is brining up your past, but Satan. If you feel you have to ask forgiveness over and over for a past sin, realize it is the devil trying to erode your faith in God and relationship with God. If your friend said something harshly and then came and asked forgiveness and you gave it to them, would you want them to bring it up every time they talk to you ? Would you be tempted to ask: "How many times do I have to tell you that I forgive you". You would begin to wonder if they trust you. Should we not trust God that He is capable of forgiveness? If we cannot trust God to forgive us every little sin we commit, how are we going to trust in Him to save us? When Satan brings up past sins, remind him that you have been forgiven.

Psalm 103:11-12King James Version (KJV)11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Trusting God is not a one time event. We must trust Him every day. Trust is a spiritual muscle. The more we trust the stronger our faith grows. Trust often grows the most, during pain. A person who doesn't prepare for a race by running for months, will find themselves looking foolish when they fall behind early in a race. God allows us to go through trails to build up our faith so that we can withstand the trials of life. We cannot withstand hurricane winds if our faith diminishes every time a breeze comes along. At the same time we will not spiritually have to face the hurricane until we have faced the small spiritual storms. Many times, God brings a storm not for Him to see where we stand spiritually but, for us to see. If a little storm knocks us off our feet. We must not decide to quit or decide to play it safe for, now on, but we must seek God's face and ask Him to help us grow spiritually.

We must decide for ourselves whether we want to grow spiritually or coast along like a crawling baby. We can choose to crawl into Heaven or we can choose to stand up in faith for our Heavenly Father, and walk boldly into the gate of Heaven not because we are great, but because we have put our full trust in Jesus Christ. Just as we have to choose to be saved, we must also choose to serve God or not. Do not fear tomorrow but pray for grace to make it through today. When we fall down and we will, do not stay there but get up and fight again, in Jesus Name. Work for the night is coming.

Betty

Thank you God for the melody of songs from your birds

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 15, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Hubby said that he was discouraged this morning. He said that he had prayed for God to give him, my illnesses, because it upsets him to see me suffer. While it is very sweet of my hubby to want to take away my misery, each of have our burdens to carry. It is true that we cannot take away another burdens, we can pray for God to comfort and give them strength to carry their burdens. As I try to explain to him, there is a reason why God allows us to have health issues. As parents it breaks our heart when our children are sick, but one day, we will understand the reason why. For now, God wants us to trust that He knows best.

Yesterday, there were two scenes of violence in America. It is heartbreaking. On of the network news try to say that no one knew the reason why the shooter, went after the men at the baseball game. That was a lie. Before the game, as the men walked to the ball park, the shooter asked them if they were Republican or Democrat. This was a targeted shooting.

Sadly, many Democratic Americans or filled with hate towards Republican. The abortion issue no longer just splits Americans in politics, but some Democrats are filled with hatred towards all people who disagree with them. Yesterday, a bill was passed in Oregon that will allow Doctors to starve the mentally ill.
Even a dog is put down painlessly, while they are going to starve people. If you starved your dog to death you would go to jail. Don't get me wrong, you should go to jail for starving dogs. People are even more precious to God then animals. So much worse is the killing of the unborn and mentally ill.

A video showed young thugs spitting on a deaf woman. We have a generation of young people who have no respect for human life. They rape and kill with out remorse. Why is that? While a lot of reasons can be given, it all goes back to Satan. Satan has filled people with hatred. We see in celebrates, who hate our President. We see it in thugs who attack the elderly.

What do we need to do? We need to realize the age of grace is coming to an end. Just as God judged Sodom and Gomorrah, there is coming a day, when God say this is enough. Then He will send Jesus to get His children and the world will be turned over to the anti-Christ for 7 years. The time for salvation is now. The time to work for Christ is now. Do not fear but keep looking up for Jesus.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

As I fed the birds and squirrels this morning, I noticed the humming bird feeder was almost empty. This surprised me, because I haven't seen one humming bird. This can be true in out spiritual life. We may wonder after years of Bible Study, prayer, and Church attendance, why we see no spiritual growth. Look at it like this, when your children were young, we don't see their physical growth until we see that their clothes are getting smaller. On the other hand with grandkids, when we do not see them all the time, we notice their growth immediately.

We live in our bodies and we don't see ourselves as others and God sees us. Also we are focused on our faults and mistakes. We are not perfect and the devil loves to have us see our mistakes and not our improvements. While it is possible to be a Christian and remain a babe in Christ, it is not what God desires in us. As Paul tells us:

Hebrews 5:12King James Version (KJV)12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

God wants us to grow in our faith not only for the good of the Kingdom of God but for ourselves. How sad it would be to stand at the Judgement of Christ and be told that there are no works to be judged because we did nothing to further the Kingdom of God? If God's only desire for us was salvation, then the moment we were saved, He would take us to Heaven. God wants a relationship with us. He wants us to know Him as our Savior and our friend. We do this by walking and talking with God every day. How much more joyful Heaven will be when we have developed a relationship with God now! The more we communicate with God, the sweeter our relationship grows and the easier it is for us to talk to Him.

Betty,

I am listening to the birds singing. This has encouraged me because my morning pain was worse this morning. I look forward to the day that Jesus calls us Home, where there will be no pain nor death.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2017

Do you ever delay praying for a manner, because you fear it is insignificant? If you like me, you do. You can not find you keys so you drive yourself half crazy looking for them, before in desperation, you stop and pray that God will help you find your keys. The truth is, if something is important to us, it is important to God. If your child called you on the phone asked you to pray for them to find their keys so they can go to work, you would stop what you were doing and pray. Why? Because what is important to your child is important to you. Does not God loves His children even more then we love our children?

The Bible says that we have not because, we ask not. I read about a man who would not pray to God, because he said that he begged to no one. He considered praying to God as begging. This is not what prayer is about. Prayer is talking to God. Communication is what prayer is. We praise Him for His many mercies and His goodness to us. We tell Him our petitions.

Remember when we are sick, the flu can make us miserable, but for a few moments after stomping your big toe in a rock, you are also in misery. Though the time affected is much different, the moment in pain can cause misery. My point is our little problems and our big problems can all cause distress. When we are in distress, pray.

Having a daily prayer life with God is important. Prayer builds up our relationship with God. The more we talk to God the stronger our spiritual lives grow. Prayer is not just petitions but a time of thanking and praising our Heavenly Father. The book of The Revelations tells us that the angels praise God continuously. Why? Because they see and know the full glory of God. For now as Paul says we are looking through a darken glass. One day we will see God in all of His glory.

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version (KJV)12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Have a blessed day and remember to talk to God.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June, 12, 2017

This morning I looked closely at the coffee cup my daughter and her family gave me with several other nice gifts for Mother's Day. The cup has on it "Start the day with Gratefulness". A lovely and true statement, but if we are honest we do not follow through with this every morning. If we did not sleep well, we as humans tend to wake up with a grumpy attitude. Sometimes it is our families that make us grumpy. Young children are a blessing from God and I love both my children, but there were mornings that they made be grumpy. They did not want their breakfast, they took for ever getting dressed for School. Before you know what hit you, you and the kids can have a bad attitude. As we grow older and our bodies begin to develop weakness and sickness, we can wake up with health issues that can effect our morning attitude. People joke today, about needing an attitude adjustment. Truth is there are times that we have to remind ourselves of the goodness of God, and decide to be grateful.

Being grateful is not just an emotion, it is a decision. We can choose to be grateful for what we have, or we can look at what others have and become envious. Even in our work for Christ we can be guilty of comparing ourselves to others. "I could do more for Christ if I could sing like, Sandra Patty". I could do more for Christ, if I could preach like, Rev. Billy Graham". Truth is God did not make us Sandy Patty or Billy Graham. He may have not called us to reach millions for Him, but He did call us to work in our little corner of the World. We can make a difference in the lives of the people we touch and react with. We are content, when we learn to be grateful for the talents that God gave us and seek to find ways to use them for God's Kingdom.

As we grow older our outreach often seems to grow smaller. Our health may keep us from going as many places as we used to and if we no longer work we see and touch fewer people. The devil will seek to discourage us. Remind that old devil that he is a liar. We are now in a time of life that outreach can be bigger then it has ever been. How??? We can make more time to pray. We can begin to pray for people all over the world. We can seek Heaven for people we do not know personally, by praying for them.
There is a program that sends two celebrities names a day for readers to pray for. http://www.mastermediaintl.org/. If we are able there are Christian outreaches that we can donate a small amount each month to help them with their Ministry for Christ. We may have left our youth behind, but we have not left behind our usefulness for the Kingdom of God.

Finally, my friends, gratefulness comes from a heart that appreciates the goodness that God has put in our lives and most of all for the precious gift of salvation. There will be days that we wake up, overwhelmed by our problems. When this happens begin to praise God and count your many blessings.

Betty

Blessed by birds coming to the feeders today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 11, 2017

I dreamed that the area where I grew up was so flooded, people were getting around in boats.
A Church brought a big screen TV in and was playing a Christian music concert for the people. In my dream this made sense. When I woke up, the dream sounded stupid. When a town is in a disaster, the last thing they need is a well meaning concert. They need a dry place to stay, clothing, food and toiletries.

This can be us sometimes, when we pray for things that we think we need, but God says no. It may make totally sense that we need what we pray for, to us. God on the other hand, sees in to the future. He can see why we really don't need what we requested. We can be tempted to get angry because it seems that God has not answered our prayer. When the truth is God has answered out prayer by keeping us from getting something that hurt us. There was a hit song by Garth Brooks, called Unanswered Prayer and how he thanks God for unanswered prayers. It is about looking to the past and being glad God did not give us what we thought we wanted and needed. It seems like it would easier if God will tell us why we cannot have something we want, but then we would not be trusting God and His decisions.

As we grow up spiritually, we begin to trust more in God. We begin to see that we can trust God to make the right decision for us. We can learn to be content in what we have and not be angry for what we do not have. The more we accept God's will in our lives, the more at peace we will be.

As parents we want our young children to trust us completely so they can live in peace and not worry, knowing we will take care of them. God is our Heavenly Father and we can trust Him with our present and our future.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 10, 2017

A Congressman grilled a man who is up for a position in President Trump's Cabinet yesterday, harshly because he is a Christian. The Congressman accused him of being racist against Muslims because the man believes the Bible. Sadly we are living in a world where it is okay to be a Christian if you do not believe the whole Bible. When you say that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, in the world's views you have become a hater. You are closed minded. The world wants to choose from the Bible what is good and what they think is bad. It is okay to talk about a loving God, but let us not bring up that Jesus said that He is the only door to Heaven. They sure don't want to talk about the verse that talks about how scary it is to fall in the hands of an angry God.

When we start telling God what truth is, we have placed ourselves in the position of God. When we decide for our selves what is sinful and what is not, we are no longer children of God, but have stepped out on our own. At this point we are depending on our own self for salvation. The world wants God to be there for them in the bad times, but stay out of our business when we think we don't need God. Truth is we cannot save ourselves. We need God every day. A Christian who does not believe Christian truths, is a Christian in name only.

This attack in Congress on a Christian, is just the beginning. Soon Christians will not be allowed to talk publicly about verses and beliefs in the Bible that the world finds offensive. We will have to decide who we want to please mankind or God. Teaching that all roads lead to Heaven, is leading millions to hell. Yet, teaching the truth will be called hate speech. Remember Paul said in the last days that what is good will be considered bad and what is bad will be considered good.

Soon Jesus is coming back but until then, let us stay prayed up and on fire for God. Pray for courage to speak the truth even though it is no longer popular.

2 Timothy 4:1-5King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

May God bless and keep you and your family.

Betty

Seen blue birds and cardinals today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 9, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

" God Does Not Called The Qualified, He Qualifies, Whom He Calls"

When we step out in faith to do God's work, we can be assured that Satan will attempt to discourage us. He uses many ways to discourage us, but one way we can count on is Satan questioning our abilities. He will bring up our past and tempt us to sin in our present. When we do sin, Satan will tell us we can no longer work for God. Yet, we can remind ourselves how many people in the Bible, sinned and yet God forgave them and went on to use them. When we do sin, let us not hide in the bushes like Adam and Eve but seek forgiveness from our Heavenly Father. God has and still uses broken people. Just as there is beauty in a mosaic glass ware, God can turn our brokenness into beauty if we allow Him to.

God may not call us to attend Bible Collage, but He is calling all His children to study His Holy Word. I have heard it said that the Bible is God's love letter to mankind. For sure the Bible is our instructions not only on how to get to Heaven, but how to live daily for our God. We study the Word to learn how to live, but also to learn that we are saved by grace. We cannot earn salvation nor can we earn the right to be used by God. God using people to do His work is a gift from God.

Galatians 3:24King James Version (KJV)24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The devil will seek to discourage all of God's children from doing the work, God is calling us to do.
He will seek to belittle us and remind us of our weakness. Turn away from Satan lies and seek the face of God. He will guide us in His truths.

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As you go about your day, pray that will open doors for you to share God's love with others. There are many hurting people in the world today. A kind word, a smile, a word of encouragement can change a person's outlook. We are qualified to do God's work, not because we are smart or courageous but because God has called us and He will equip us. There will be times when our words are rejected. Do not let that discourage you.

1 Corinthians 3:6King James Version (KJV)6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Every seed you sow, may not show growth immediately, but God may send someone else to water what you have sowed. We are not responsible for changing people. Only God can change the heart of mankind, but we may be used to open their eyes to accept God's truth. Let us be willing vessels. Trust in God to bring the outcome that He desires.
Betty

Enjoying the birds and squirrels.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 8, 2017

As I took care of the birds and squirrels, I noticed the yard needs mowing. It seems like it can slip upon you, how tall the grass is growing. It is a little yard, thankfully but I need to make an effort to get to it. Just as the yard needs maintenance, so does our body, soul, and spirit. We take care of our body most of the time, but we can be neglectful of our soul and spirit. We take care of our spirit by some "me" time. Taking a short walk and reflecting on our life, a cup of coffee sitting on the patio, or just taking time to talk on the phone with a friend.

Our soul we can also take care of many ways. Personal Bible reading and prayer, meting with other Christians for fellowship, and listening and singing praise and worship songs, just to name a few.
When we neglect our physical health, we can become sick. We neglect our spirit health, we are open to become discouraged, when we neglect our spiritual health, we can become weak in our faith and if this persists, we can become backslidden.

God made us, body, soul, and spirit. We are a trinity just as God is the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
God wants us to take care of ourselves in all parts of our trinity. We live in a sinful world that has sickness. As we get older our bodies grow weaker and we are prone to disease. Some things, we can prevent by precaution but others things happen because of our family history and environment. Having a disease does not mean we are not right with God, nor does it mean we are not loved, by God. Even us who have medical issues can take precaution. I have COPD, among other issues. I get my preventive shots to protect me from getting sicker. I try to get enough rest. We do things to protect our body, soul, and spirit.

Begin each day and end each day in prayer. Keep an open line to God through out the day. I often joke that I talk to God throughout the day, so that if an emergency happens, I do not have to introduce myself to God. Of course God knows who I am, but it so much easier to seek His intervention for help, when we have been communicating with Him throughout the day. When we have a living, thriving relationship with God, we are more at peace with ourselves, others, and God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 7, 2017

There is a song bird on the feeder, at the moment. I haven't seen that bird before. In a Church family there are many different members. Some baby Christians and some Christians, who have saved for 50 plus years. There are young people who are at the top of their game and there are those who are at the end of their lives. God loves every one. It is wonderful to see a Christian young person on fire for the Lord. It is encouraging to see the love of God in the eyes of the elderly who is no longer strong physically but the fire of God is in their eyes.

The Church family needs all ages, from newborn to the oldest member. The young adults who teach the young to the older people who encourage the young adults, they are all needed. God loves each one and they are all precious to God. Whatever stage you are at in your life, do your best for God. The devil will seek to discourage you with doubts and fears. To the young he will seek to make them feel they are not smart enough to do the job assigned to them. Remind the young that God equips those who He calls for service. To the elderly the devil will seek to make the feel no longer useful. Remind the elderly that they can encourage and pray for those younger in the Church. God has a job for all His children; young -to-old and in between.

Let us all seek to be the best we can be for God in whatever stage we are in. Serve God, cheerfully with grace and kindness. Let us love one another and seek to be less judgmental to fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Have a blessed day,
Betty

The blue jay came for visit.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 6, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

All of us have our own daily battles. Battles that consume us and discourage us. If we are not careful we can become more focused on our issues and less focused on God. While we tell others, everything is under control, there are days where our situation is anything but controlled. These are the times we need to grow closer to God and spend more time talking to God. When an illness wakes me up at three in the morning, talking to God is not always the first thought in my mind. I must be careful and not open the door of my heart to bitterness.

The devil know the weakness of every Christian. He knows which button to push to discourage us or make us angry at God. When he pushes our buttons, we need to stop, even if it is just in our head and begin to talk with God. We can be honest and still be respectful of God and His Holiness. It is okay to hate the disease that our body carries. It is okay to hate the sin that the devil tempts us with. The Bible tells us the things that God hates.

Proverbs 6:16-20King James Version (KJV)16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

Whatever burden that is your life today, if you are a child of God, you do not have to carry that burden alone. Ask God to be with you and to hold your hand. Trust God to be with you even through embarrassing diseases and a broken past. Walk with hope in your heart and complete trust in the God that loves you so much that He sent His son to die for your sins. When we allow sin in our lives, seek forgiveness. When we lose hope, ask God to give us hope. When we are tempted to give up, ask God to give us the courage and strength to preserve to the end. There is victory at the end. There is rejoicing at the end. Our God spoke the world into existence. He can and He will keep us until the end. Don't give up my friends, encourage yourself every day in the Lord.

Betty

1 Samuel 30:6 ESV

And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

Philippians 4:6 ESV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Hebrews 12:1-3 ESV

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:13 ESV

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 ESV

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 19:20

Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Blessed to have several dove couples feeding

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 5, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

As I was walking around the yard feeding the animals, I looked up to the sky. I realized that I could not see any blue, only white clouds. The sky is still blue but the clouds hid the blue from me. Sometimes, it seems in our personal life that God has left us, to take a vacation. While we may feel alone, God has not left us. Just as the clouds hid the sky from view, our circumstances can prevent us from seeing God working in our lives.

If we keep our trust in God we can make it through our circumstances. On the other hand if we listen to the devil's lies, we can be come convinced that God has abandoned us. God wants us to trust in Him, in all circumstances. When Jesus invited Peter to walk out on the water it was for Peter to see for himself, his lack of faith. God knew that Peter's faith would only go so far. Unfortunately, Peter's faith was still weak, the night before the death of Jesus. Peter in his pride, promised to face death for Christ and instead he denied Jesus three times. Later on, Peter did die for Christ. What happened between the denial and Peter's death? Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit. As Christians we can have the best intentions but with out the Holy Spirit, we will fall on our face. Even with the Holy Spirit we can fail God. What determines failure or victory is where our trust is. If we are trusting completely in God, we can pass the test, but if we are trying to succeed on our own, we will fail.

These little trials, that frustrate us, are actually God helping our trust to grow in Him. We cannot climb the mountains, until we face the challenge of walking over little hills. Praise the Lord through the valleys and little hills so we can stand on top of the mountains with our faith healthy and strong in Christ.

Have a blessed day.
Betty [wave3]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 4, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday.

Have you ever done something for the right reason and still had a bad outcome? I am still working around my new food allergies. I love Sonic Slushes, especially banana and peach, but I am allergic to bananas now. So I decided to get a pineapple peach slushee. As the night went on my throat got tighter and being to hurt. It finally came to me, that along with bananas, I am allergic to pineapple. It was on the food allergy list, but I had forgotten. The slushee, was filled with pineapple and was delicious, but the outcome was less then pleasant. I took a bendyral and the only side effect is throats that feels raw today.

We do things often that we had the best intentions but the outcome was less then golden. Most of the time when we do something for someone else that bombs, they understand our decision came from the heart and they appreciate the gesture. As children of God, sometimes we step up and do something out of love for God, that bombs. God in His loving kindness, understands our hearts. When things go wrong if we go to God for forgiveness and comfort, He will step in the situation and help and give us peace and comfort. Most of the time if we go to God in advance and seek His guidance.

Let us never stop working for God, out of fear of failure. Remember the parable of the Stewart who gave three men, different amount of talents. The first two did well and doubled their talents. The third did nothing with his talent, because of that his master punished him. Work for God with a cheerful, grateful, and gracious heart.

Be blessed today,
Betty

Matthew 25:14-30English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Talents
14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[b] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 3, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Saturday,

This morning I fed two baby squirrels and a blue jay. A moment of tiny diamonds, but this morning , I only gave them a passing glance. Physical pain robbed me of a moment to rejoice. There are other ways we miss out on recognizing the blessings God sends our way. There are times, God puts us on a side road in our plans. We can allow ourselves to be so frustrated that we miss out on the blessing. How many times to walk so fast that we miss a beautiful flower growing out of a sidewalk? There is an old saying "stop and smell the roses". Even the world realizes that we can get so caught up in doing things that we walk by a rose bush and do not even smell it's beautiful fragrance.

A fender bender, can make us so angry, that we forget to thank God that no one was hurt. Finding out there will be no Christmas bonus, can cause us to forget that we are blessed to have a job and a roof over our heads.

Sometime God causes something to happen to put us in a position to speak for God. We drop packages and the person that helps us, tells us that they just found out they have cancer. Do we ask if we can pray for them, or are we so upset that we really don't realize what they said until later? Was that a chance for us to share God's love to a lady in need? As we are waiting for our loved one to get out of surgery, there is one who is telling you all his problems. Do we share God's love with him and the way of salvation? Or do we silently wish he would just shut up? How many times has God opened doors for us to share the Gospel and God's love with others and we let the chance go by? We can be self involved with are own suffering, there we let our chance to be there for some one go by.

Of course our own needs can be overwhelming. There are times we need to stop and say a silent prayer to God for comfort and peace in our lives. God is not looking for us to be perfect. If I am in pain all day, by the Afternoon I can become grumpy and snippy. When are circumstances overwhelm us, God wants us to pray for help. As we pray, we may find God reminding us to pray for others. Cry out to God tell Him your needs. Tell Him how tired you are of your circumstances that seem to have no end in its misery. Then begin to pray for others. Most of the time when we are finish with our prayer, we will feel peaceful. Sometimes God takes our pain away for a time. Other times God just gives us the grace to be at peace even though we are still hurting.

We all walk different paths with God, but we all have days that are hard and frustrating and hard. When we remember that we are not walking alone, we can find peace, in the midst of the storms. Don't give up on God. Trust Him in the storms of life. God will never fail you. Trust Him with all your heart.
Betty

Even in the midst of your storms look for your rainbow, your diamonds of joy.

https://youtu.be/vCpP0mFD9F0

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 2, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

We live in a world, where there is little respect for authority. The media and Democrats openly speak lies against our President, even going as far to attack his young child. Jokes that are tasteless and vulgar, are lapped up like candy. SNL and late night hosts have seen their ratings go up simply because they attack Trump and anyone in his Cabinet. Colleges and High School students have no respect for teachers and Principals.

At one college a group of thugs took over the college, surrounding a woman teacher screaming obscenities and hatred at her and the leader of the college stood by doing nothing. Traffic comes to a stop, as people protest in the middle of the highways and streets. People kicking in the doors of the cars if the person attempts to maneuver around the people. Hatred is spewed from people's mouth like vomit.

We are seeing the results of hate gone awry. We are seeing the work of Satan. Sadly those who are sowing discard and hate do not realize that they are doing the work of Satan. The Bible tells us that in the last days the world will be ruled by One World Government and One World Religion. There will be more and more chaos until the world begs for a person that can step up and bring peace to the world. The Word of God tells us that the anti-Christ will come in the Name of Peace. He will do great wonders and the world will worship him, because of this.

We are living in a world that is almost at the brink of signing leadership of all Countries, to one man. Sadly this means there will be more and more violence and hatred. In Europe women are warned not to go out at night because they are in danger of being raped by Muslim men. Men who were given statuary in European Countries have turned on the very people who have opened their arms to them. Even with this violence, their own leaders are refusing to blame the Muslims and are trying to force America to allow more Muslims refugees into our Country. Why? They are being led by the devil. The leader of Germany and the Pope is pushing for a One World Government. Even President Trump last week talked to the Pope, about bringing together the Religions. This is no accident. The devil is preparing the world to put together a One World Government and Religion that he can put in place His anti-Christ and False Prophet.

What should we as Christians do? Well, it is not crawl under the covers and hide. What does Jesus say for us to do?

Luke 21:28King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

We do not wait for Christ's return, by hiding. We pray for our family, our friends, our neighbors, and our Countries' Leaders. We ask God to show us how to share His love with others. Lastly, we look forward with joy and hope till the day that God the Father tells Jesus to go and get His children.

We are not children without hope. Our hope is living and He will come for us. Let us not give up this close to the finish line, but run the race with hope in our hearts and praise for God on our lips. The finish line is in sight, dear ones. Every day let us wake up with a prayer on our lips that God will guide us in His will.
Look forward as the song "Midnight Cry" says to do.

https://youtu.be/7DG052rsP3Y

I would appreciate your prayers on my behalf today. Having a medicated stress test to see why I am having chest pains and weakness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 1, 2017

Our prayer each morning should be for God to guide us and protect us through the day. Yet sometimes I feel that I pray and then get up and go my own way. Somehow I think, that God guiding me will include Him giving me an agenda in writing for the day. As we go about our day, God will guide us. By faith we trust that God will keep us on the right path. I believe that He does this every day. God doesn't hold up streets signs, saying stop, go left, or go right. He guides us with subtle messages, like when we see a homeless person, and we feel led to buy him a burger. Or when we feel the need to give an encouraging word to a stranger. Sometimes we feel a need to prayer for family or friend or even someone we see in the store. God does answer our pray for guidance in many ways.

God's love for us, He shows in so many ways. Sometimes we feel a special touch and we know it is God, and sometimes we are unaware of the work God is doing in us. We just know that we can trust Him with our lives, soul and spirit. Trust is like a muscle, the more we trust the stronger our trust grows. Just as we want our children to feel that they can trust us with their deepest secrets, God wants us to trust Him, in every situation.

Have a blessed day,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 31, 2017

Isaiah 43:2King James Version (KJV)2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

There are times that God, takes us down paths that we do not want to walk through. We search for alternative paths or we hesitate to move and when we do give in, it is not always with a sweet spirit. If it was not enough that we are being led where we do not want to go, the devil is free to offer his opinion on the situation. He loves to tell us that God is punishing us. He will bring back sins from the past and lead us to believe that is why God is allowing things to happen to us because God is mad at us. God doesn't care that we are suffering is another thought the devil will bring to our mind. The devil is full of these thoughts but never the truth, that God is guiding us through a trial that will bring us to spiritual growth and sand off the rough edges of our souls. We should remind ourselves that it is though the fires that Gold gets it's shine.

While we do not always get to chose the path, we are never alone. God is with us through the fire and through the floods. As we walk the path, commune with God and not the devil. God is truth and the devil is the father of liars. When we are walking we cannot see the rainbow on the other side, but as we talk with God we will feel His presence and His love for us. We can walk through the darkest path with joy in our heart and a song of praise on our lips if we choose to trust God. Trusting God is a choice. We can choose to feel sorry for ourselves or we can choose to trust the ways of God. Pity parties make the path more scary then it is while trust in God brings peace of heart and mind in the midst of the storm.

None of us knows what tomorrow will bring, but we can go to sleep tonight, knowing that God has walked before us and He will walk with us where ever He will lead us tomorrow. Perfect love and trust will cast out fear the Bible says.

1 John 4:18King James Version (KJV)18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psalm 18:30As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Isaiah 26:3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

God bless and keep you,
Betty

Today as I filled the bird feeders one bird waited close by without fear, trusting me to fill the feeders and not hurt her. Ironically, since this was the path God led me on, learning to trust God without knowing the path He leads us to.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 30, 2017

Come now, ye saints of God
Join me in praise and worship
To the One whose love unending,
His Sacrifice complete.

Some day we will be joining,
the Heavenly Choir above.
Until then, let's be thankful
Children, to our Heavenly Father,
Above.

As I bathed this morning, these words rattled in my head and I begin to sing them to God, as a offering of praise to Him. Simple words my brain put together but sung from the heart. I may may be wrong but I believe that the simplest prayer to God touches His heart more then long written prayers that are said before a big crowd. Whether our prayers are long or short, it is important that come from the heart. I believe God is moved more by praying from our heart then praying the Lord's Prayer over and over.

Matthew 6:7 [Full Chapter]But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

If your child or grand child said a little poem when they did something wrong and was asking for forgiveness, the first time your heart would be touched. If they said it every time and the words became nothing but words they memorized with no feeling behind the words, the words would become less and less meaningful. Better to pray a simple prayer for forgiveness then to just say a prayer we memorized with our heart not in it.

God wants a honest relationship with us. We cannot live one way at Church and another way at work or play. If we act one way around our Church friends and another way around non Church friends, we are acting like a hypocrite. Do we only pray over our meals when Church people are around? Does our language get crude and rough around our non Church friends? This is dishonest and it offends our Heavenly Father.

Mark 8:38King James Version (KJV)38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

When it all comes down, the most important person we need to please is Jesus. His opinion of us, is the only one that will count on judgment day. It is nice that are family and friends respect us and we should want to please them, but never please people at the expense of our relationship with Christ.

Betty

Two squirrels and many birds yesterday. Saw a blue jay earlier this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 28, 2017

Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

This morning as I did my morning chores, the word, grace, was rolling around in my head, like a grape on a table. Grace is not a word used often anymore. Sadly it is not put into action as much as it used to be. We have tendency to handle things in an ungraceful way. The more angry a person is at the moment the more their actions are rude and crude.

God's grace to mankind, brought into the world and fulfilled by Christ has bought the best gift of grace ever given in the history of the world. Sadly so many refuse His gift of grace, salvation, a ticket to Heaven, paid for by the precious blood of Jesus shed for our sins.

Not only has God in His grace offered His gift of Salvation, but through His grace, He loves His Children and through His grace He walks with us every day and guides us as we travel life's journey. It is easy to get
caught up in living that we forget to be thankful for the grace of God. We can be overwhelmed by life that we live our lives less graceful and more like a bull in a glass factory. Pushing and shoving as we go our way. Snippy and snappy with our words, if we feel someone is taking to long and delaying us.

Romans 3:24King James Version (KJV)24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

John 1:17King James Version (KJV)17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8King James Version (KJV)8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Let us remember to be grateful and thankful for the grace of God and work hard to treat others with grace and respect.

Betty [Bible]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May, 27, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Our American Flag is waving in the wind. We have our flag to show our allegiance to our Country.
Being a loyal American is expected for people who live in this Country and participate in Her bounty.
It is frustrating to Americans, when people immigrate to our Country, and then disrespect our laws and our way of life. As important as being appreciative of what America offers, we as Christians should be appreciative of God's laws and the many gifts that He gives us.

Sadly, there are those who say they are Christians, who want to pick and choose out of the Bible, as to what they believe. Many years ago, after it came out about President Clinton's relationship with an intern, there was a sketch on Saturday Night Live, that showed the Pastor crossing out the Ten Commandments the ones he did not like. I admit I laughed when I saw it, but it really is not a laughing matter. Too many people treat God's Word like trail mix. They think they can go through the Bible and take out the parts they do not like or do not want to obey. It is dangerous position to put yourself above God. God's laws have a purpose.

As Christians let us honor our God. Let us pay honor to our Savior and Lord. Treat His laws with respect. Our life on this earth is temporary but our next life is eternal. May we life in a way that makes our Savior proud of us.

This weekend be mindful of the sacrifices made by men and women who have fought for the freedom of our Country. Pray for those who still bare the scars on their bodies from war. Pray for the families whose children and mates did not come home. Pray for our Country and her leaders. Our Country has her issues, but we are still blessed to be able to worship safely in our homes and in our Churches.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 26, 2017

Proverbs 29:11King James Version (KJV)11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

This morning as I was taking of my pets and the squirrels and birds, a thought came in my head. I do not remember who the thought was about or what the thought was. Only the words: "I bet". Immediately, I was convicted. God reminded me that I did not know the facts, nor was I in any position to judge. I stopped and I asked forgiveness from God. God also reminded me of something a Pastor in Washington State, told me. We cannot stop the birds from landing in our head but we can stop them from making a nest.

We cannot stop Satan from putting a thought in our head, but we do not have to dwell on the thought and give it a resting place in our hearts and heads. The Bible says guard our hearts. Sin often begins in our head before sin is put into action. Even adultery starts out as just thoughts. The devil whispers in our ear how unappreciative our mate is of us. The more a person dwells on the ideas of Satan, the more sin can take hold of us. As soon as Satan, puts an evil tonight in our heads, stop and ask God to help you be an overcomer.

Proverbs 4:23King James Version (KJV)23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Radio, TV, and Internet are filled with ideas that sound good but are sinful. In this day and age, almost all sins, there is an article about why that sin is a good idea and will make you happy. God knows different and He will guide us away from the sin, if we listen to Him. Just as the fruit of the tree, Adam and
Eve ate, brought them shame and pain, there is a good reason God warns us to flee from Satan and sin.

When Satan puts a sinful thought in your head, chase it out with prayer and praise to God. God's ways are always best.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 25, 2017

My morning devotion was about how King Saul was jealous of David, because David was blessed by God. If Saul had repented and sought to live a life pleasing to God, he could have became content in his circumstances. Instead he allowed hate to grow in his heart, to the degree that he wanted to kill David. He tried to kill David, many times, but God did allow him to succeed.

We, too can become jealous of others. While we do not acknowledge that we are jealous, we begin to resent others who have something we do not have. Everyone on this earth doesn't always get what they deserve. It is not uncommon for the laziest employee to get the promotion because they look busy around the boss. It is not uncommon for people to be content with their home, until they visit a friend, who has a home they like better. We can also become discontented with our mate, when we hear our great and attentive someone else's mate is.

We need to learn to be content in our circumstances. Instead of focusing on what others have, let us be thankful of what we have. Instead of letting our minds dwell on what we do not have, count out our own blessings. When we spend less times thinking of what others have and more time thanking God for what we have, we will find more peace. I have lived in 17 different places, since I got married. Every place had its good points and its bad. It's easy when we are not content to dwell on the things we do not like, but when we instead remind ourselves of the good things we can be happy.

Jealous is one of the little foxes that Jesus reminds us, that can kill the vine. The fox starts little but the more we feed that fox with our thoughts the bigger it gets and the more destructive it becomes. When we see the first sign of jealous, ask for forgiveness and send that little fox away before it becomes bigger then we can control. Often times murder is committed by someone who started out angry at someone and allowed that anger to grow into bitterness that literally took over their lives. There are many in prison for murder or attempted murder, who must wonder how they go there. They let anger go unchecked until the anger and bitterness controlled them.

Ephesians 4:31King James Version (KJV)31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 24, 2017

Yesterday, I found out a family member is being mistreated. This broke my heart. This morning when I woke up and I laid in bed awhile, I begin to feel convicted. It is natural for us to hurt when our loved ones and friends are hurt. As children of God we should also hurt when God's children are being persecuted and killed for their faith. It is a little harder to stay informed because American media has no pity on Christians. Imagine if it came out that in another Country, Muslims were being persecuted and killed for their faith. There would be an outrage all over the world. The media stays quiet because it is not politically correct to say that Muslims are killing Christians for their faith. Men, women and children are being tortured and murdered simply because they are Christians.

http://www.persecution.com/. Is a site you can go to, that tells us about the suffering of Christians all over the world. Not only should we hurt at the knowledge of this but we should pray for those affected.
The Bible tells us there is coming a day when all religions will come together as One. This will be done another the mistaken belief that it will bring peace. This One World Religion, will deny the deity of Jesus. When the One World Government comes into power people who trust in Jesus as their Savior will be put in prison and if they refuse to deny Jesus they will be killed. This will happen in ever Country. What do we do? We draw neigh to Jesus and pray that our faith will be strengthen.

Matthew 25:21King James Version (KJV)21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

For now we pray for those who are already in this situation. We pray for their safety and that their faith will be strong. I read about several people who denied Jesus when faced with death. Sadly they were still killed. So their denial was fruitless. If we stay strong even until death, Jesus will welcome us in to Heaven where we will never be hurt again.

Of course, we should pray for our loved ones when others hurt them, but let us also remember to pray for Christians who are under physical and emotional attack from Satan, himself.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 23, 2017

Where we live we have the choice of one internet company. It seems at least once a day or many times a day we have to unplug the modem and plug it back it in to get connected to the internet. Does it seem like there are times that we have trouble connecting to God? There are times that it is guilt over sin in our life, but it can also because because we are physically and spiritually tired. To keep sharing the Gospel with others, we need to get refueled ourselves. We need time alone with God. We cannot run on a empty tank.

In our busy often hectic life, we can begin to think spending time with God is a chore, yet spending time with God is a privilege. It our President was to visit us, we would cancel everything on our schedule to visit with him. How much more is important God is! I am not saying we need to quit our job and not do our daily errands, but make time for God. Take time every day to spend with your Heavenly Father. He is worth the effort. Remember to pray for your family, friends, and others that you hear are in need.

Betty

The dove couple came this morning to the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 22, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

When we fall asleep at night and awake the next morning, do we take a moment to praise God for another day? The answer most likely is sometimes. Sometimes we do begin the day and end the day with a prayer. Other times, we go to bed worried about tomorrow and wake up with a mind congested with the things we need to accomplish that day. Our day can begin with frustration, fear, and concern for the day. Yes, there are days that the events scheduled, can overwhelm us. Sadly, on those days we neglect the One who can give us peace and help us through the day. Even if you do not have time to sit and pray, you can pray as you shower and dress. Talk to God about your needs for the day and ask Him to give you peace of mind. When we trust God to help us, He will guide us and settled our minds. As we go throughout the day remind yourself of the many blessings that God has bestowed on you and your family and praise Him for it.

When we talk to God as we begin the day, we are less likely to be snappy and irritated with ourselves and others. When God replaces the anger with peace, things will be better for us and the people we deal with throughout the day.

Psalm 29:11King James Version (KJV)11 The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

As we walk through our day, take time to talk to God. Tell Him your needs and praise His Holy Name.

Betty

It is raining so the birds and squirrels are napping somewhere.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 21, 2017

Do you remember what you were thinking when you gave your heart to Jesus? Some accept out of fear of hell and others out of love for Jesus. I do not believe either way is wrong. But as we grow in grace, we need to realize that God is love and God is the God of judgment. How can He be both? The same way a parent loves on their children when they are hurt and punishes them when they are rebellious. Discipling children does not mean that we do not love them, nor does God's discipline for His children means He has lost His love for them.

Hebrews 12:6-11New King James Version (NKJV)

6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”[a]
7 If[b] you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

It is a dangerous situation to be in, when we can live in sin and not be convicted. When you feel no conviction for sin, it means your heart has hardened against the Holy Spirit's call. There is a time when God will no longer call but in essence walk away from you.

Romans 1:21-32King James Version (KJV)

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Why does God give up on people? When people who know the truth and yet, hardened their hearts to the truth, they have in their own heart and mind knocked God off His throne and put themselves on the throne. They have rejected the teachings of God and decided to make their own truths. The more they reject God's truth the harder their heart becomes and they will reach a point that God will give them over to sin.

The more we love God, the more we accept His will. The more we reject His will, the colder our faith is until our flames goes out and with our flame our salvation. If we choose sin over God, we cannot enter Heaven. There is a difference in occasionally sinning and asking for forgiveness and living in sin. Living in sin, one has the attitude that they are going to do things their way, no matter the cost. Sadly they underestimate the cost. Is there any lifestyle of sin that is worth hell? No! Jesus paid the cost for our salvation. We must pay the cost of rejecting sin and living in the will of God. Every day we live, is one less day we have to make it right. Soon all our days will disappear like dust in the wind. Then it will be too late to choose, our choice will be set in stone.

Revelation 22:11King James Version (KJV)11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Once we die it is too late to get saved. When Jesus comes back for His Church, those who are not saved will be left behind, to face the tribulation. Some people will get saved during the tribulation, but the Bible makes it clear you will be-headed for your faith in Christ. Many will die in the plaques and never get saved. Those who take the mark of the beast cannot get saved and will spend eternity in hell.

The time to turn away from sin is now. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Pray for your lost family and friends. Speak the truth in love, while you still have a chance to do so.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 20, 2017

As I sit here, I see the American Flag and the leaves gently moved by the wind. There are times that God moves us gently to a new path, new job, and even a new town, even a new State. There are other times that we feel as if we are moved by a hurricane. There are some trials we go through that literally bring us to our knees. I read recently somewhere where someone wrote "if circumstances bring you to your knees- pray, after all you are in the perfect position to pray. Sadly in those times, prayer is the last thing on our minds. Sometimes, we want to scream to the heavens and kick anything in our path. Other times, we want to just lie there and just die .

Change is hard. The older we get the more we resist change. I am of the mind that change is for the young. God does know best. There are times that God moves us out of a situation, because we have become too comfortable. There are times God moves us, because He sees we are in a situation, that can lead us into sin. Contrary to the world view, God is not playing chess with people's lives, moving people around like chess pieces out of boredom or just for fun. God has a purpose for His children. When He moves us, it is for a Godly purpose.

Change can come in our jobs, our homes, in our families. Some people thrive on change and hate to even be in the same place for very long. Most of us resist change. When we feel that we are being led in a new situation begin to pray. Pray that God will provide what you need in your new situation. When we moved to Washington, I prayed for 6 months that God would provide a Bible preaching Church. He did. When we feel God is brining us to a new job, pray for God to provide a job where He can use you in your job for His Glory. Sometimes God moves us to a different Church. Pray that you can find a Church where the Pastor is not afraid to preach the truth of God's Word.

When you feel that God is bringing change in your life, pray for guidance and direction from God. Trust in Him to have your best interest at heart. Pray that you will be open to the will of God in your life.

Betty

https://youtu.be/OOKaircCiGI

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 19, 2017

"Best Intentions"

This morning I moved the bird bath from the front yard, to the back. I had moved it there months ago, because I thought it would look neat in the front yard. My water hose is in the back yard. I convinced myself that I would open the gate and drag the hose to the front yard to refill the water daily. I did it once.
I had not realized how much trouble it would be to drag the hose to the front yard or how out of breath I would get doing so.

Our best intentions can get us in trouble. Sometimes we underestimate how much trouble a job is going to be when we volunteer for the job. When the job turns out to be too big for us, we either halfway do it or just don't do it all. In times like this, when we find we can not do a job correctly, let us be honest with those involved. Tell them the job turned out to be beyond our abilities or we misjudged how much free time we actually have to work on the job.

Other times our intentions are misunderstood by others. I am sure we have all been witness to a conversation, where someone says something nice about an extra job a person took on only to hear someone say "they only did it to impress others". This is one area where God has convicted me. We have no right to judge someone's motives. Unless the person tells you that they did the job for wrong motivations we should always think they did the job out of the best intentions. We cannot see into the heart or mind of others. We do not know what the motivation was for why someone did something. Only God knows the motivation of why someone does something. Sometimes we do not even know why we do things. When Satan puts judgments thought in your head about the motivation of others remind Satan and yourself that it is not your job to judge the motivations of others.

Sometimes we fail God in our best intentions. We promise things we cannot fulfill. It is best not to promise God that we are going to spend X-number of minutes every day in devotions. We are better off committing to spend time with God every day. There will be days that we can spend more time then others in prayer and meditation, then other days. The important thing is to spend some time with God every day.
When we do spend time with God, whether it is 5 minutes or 30 minutes let us give God our full attention. You cannot study God's Word, while doing two other chores at the same time. Through out the day we can talk to God while doing other things. We can pray and sing praises while we are driving. We can talk to God while working at the office or home, but always take time for some quality time with God, alone.

Have a blessed weekend. I am happy to say that the blue jay has been making my feeder a regular stop.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 18, 2017

Ronnie and I were both awake most of the night. Him insomnia and me in pain. This morning put the dog out to do her business and fed the cats and the dog went back to bed to join, Ronnie. It is okay for us to get extra rest when are sleep depraved. In times of distress we are told to rest in the Lord.

Psalm 37:7King James Version (KJV)7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

How do we rest in the Lord? Sometimes we lie our bed and pray and then rest in His presence, for His response. Other times even if we are moving around doing chores or at work, we can allow our spirit to rest in God. This is the time to stop making plans about how we are going to do things, but prayerfully wait for God to give us His answers.

Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Psalm 61:1-4b “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”

Psalm 62:1-2 “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

Isaiah 40:28-31 “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Hebrews 4: 9-11 “Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.”

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Psalm 127:1-2 “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved.”

1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

Psalm 62:5 “Yes, my soul, find rest in God: my hope comes from him.”

Psalm 116:7 “Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.”

We live in a world that if full of stress. The devil runs from one corner to another corner to cause devastation. His demons are causing chaos and sin is running rampant. Satan is filling hearts with hate and evil towards others. I have never seen a President, that is hated as much as President Trump. Literally, entertainers are ramping up their careers just on trashing President Trump. I read where Jimmy Fallen apologized for making Trump look human on his show. There was a young man arrested for beating up people in their 80's and 90's for fun. It's enough to make us fearful, if we had not read the Bible. The Lord has told us the world will get worse and worse as the days of grace come to an end and then the anti-Christ will come on the scene. I believe the rapture will come before he is revealed but I believe he is quietly putting things in place for his reign, even today.

As we wait for the rapture, let us work for God, but also take time to rest in the Lord Jesus. Pray that the Holy Spirit will refresh your spirit and soul. Fear not what is coming in the world, but hold on to the knowledge that we will soon be leaving this world for Heaven. Rejoice and keep your eyes upon the prize; eternity with God. Everyday, ask God to give you courage, peace of mind and heart and joy.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 17, 2017

This morning as I walked around the yard, I sang to God. Since I don't know all the words to songs, it was a song with little bits from many songs. Thankfully God did not call me to be a singer. It doesn't matter if we know all the words to songs or have a beautiful voice, when we sing to God from our heart. One sentence that came to me was "I traveled many miles to get to here". Any of us who have lived to be over 60, has traveled through the flood, fire, valleys and atop mountains, spiritually and emotionally. There have been times that God has dragged me to where He wanted to be because I was not going willingly. There have been times that I stood on the mountain of His grace and rejoiced at the knowledge that God was with me. God has always been with me, but sometimes I could not see Him through my tears and doubts.

All of us have been through bad times. Times that we do not even like to think about because years later, the pain of it, still cuts. There were times, that it seemed God did not answer our prayers. Even now as our trust in Him has grown, we can look back and still wonder why a prayer was not answered. For now, it must be enough that God always had our best interest at heart. One day we will understand why. The more we trust in God the less the past hurts us. The person we are today is because of the good and the bad things in our past. Rejoice in what you have become through the grace of Jesus and wait with patience, until the time all will be revealed.

Looking out the window, there is a slight breeze and the birds are quiet. Take time today for quiet reflection with your God and Savior, Jesus Christ. May God bless and keep you safe.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Sept, 19, 2015 is the date I started this blog. My failures and lack of education was foremost in my mind. I feared embarrassing God and even to this day, I read and reread to see if there are any misspelled words, usually are. I was a bad speller in elementary, and still, am. I have learned that God wants me to write from my heart. He is not going to turn me in to my favorite Sunday School teacher or my favorite Precher. God wants to use us in our skin and through our own experiences. I believe God has a job for all of us and if we are willing, He will use us for His glory. I have found that if I write what God lays on my heart, I do not have to worry that others will not like what I say. My job is not to keep from hurting feelings but to write for the glory of God. There are times, the things I write, fill me with conviction and I have to stop and ask forgiveness from God. Yes, I am pleased as punch when God uses me to touch the heart of others. There is a joy nothing can replace, when we know that God is using us to help others. I, too have been encouraged and blessed by others. God's mercy abounds and is like no other. I pray that God will use me for His glory, till the day I die.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 16, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday

ANDRAE CROUCH - It Won't Be Long Lyrics
It won't be long
Till we'll be leavin' here
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

Count the years as months
Count the months as weeks
Count the weeks as days
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

Count the years as months
Count the months as weeks
Count the weeks as days
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

I was singing this chorus this morning as I took care of the pets, birds and squirrels. When I think of Heaven, there is a longing for God to come and get us. While I must admit, having a healthy body is part of it, there is also a deep longing in my soul to be in the presence of Jesus Christ. To kiss the scars that He bears for the cost of my salvation and to sit with Him awhile and just talk to Him- face to face. What a glorious thought! My soul moans with anticipation of being in Heaven with Jesus. This doesn't mean I have laid down my cross. I want to work for God until my last breath, even if it is just praying for others. May I never become so self minded that I neglect praying for the hurts and needs of others, because I am so self obsessed with my own needs and pain. May God grant me the mercy and strength to pray for others through my own pain. In my own sickness may I always be mindful and pray for others who also suffer, daily.

May God remind me daily to pray for those who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus. May I remember to lift up those in prison, for their belief in Jesus. Help me God, to lay aside my own needs and pray for those who suffer for thy sake. May your children, remember to pray for one another and remind ourselves and each other that the prize that awaits us, is worth the pain we suffer today. The closer we get to the end of grace may we be willing to share thy grace and salvation with others. The devil wants us to be so focused on our own needs that we are blinded of the suffering of others. Let our eyes and ears be open to the doors you open for us to share the light of your Gospel to those who are searching for Your Truths. May we each be open to do your will not out of obligation but out of our love for you.

I pray that you will come get your Church soon but until that moment, help us, your children to be a shining light in a world that is growing darker every day.

Betty

https://youtu.be/yUhs29mlcDc

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 15, 2017

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Many of us deal with one of more diseases. Many of the the diseases, have symptoms, that try to knock you down, as soon as you stand up in the morning. It can become tempted to dread each morning or to refuse to get up at all. Jesus knew His children would have battles. Some battles will not be won, until we pass through the river of death. This is why He spoke through Paul, to remind us that His grace is sufficient. God may allow us to deal with these issues until the day we die, but His grace and mercy will sustain us through them. The less we kick against the wheel and accept His will with trust in Him, the
more we will feel His presence. This doesn't meant that there will not be days that we are overwhelmed, but these are the times to draw closer to God and resist the temptation to pull away from God. God has given us a body armor to fight against Satan.

Ephesians 6:10-18King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Maybe your battle is not physical. There are many battles we face as children of God, but whatever your battle is remind yourself that God has not set us in the battlefield, unarmed. Seek to be armored, by studying the Word of God and by prayer. One day your battle will be over, whether by passing from this life to Heaven or by the glorious rapture. Rejoice in your salvation and the knowledge of what awaits you in Heaven. In the midst of the fight, encourage yourself in the Lord. Some spiritual growth only comes by pain and suffering. It is not God desire that we suffer in vain. It is His desire that we grow spiritually strong through the battles. If we cannot stand though these battles, how we stand if we had to die for our faith? Today, in this world there will be those who will be put in prison for their faith in Jesus. Yes, there will be those executed for their belief in Jesus. Whatever battlefield that God has put you in, let us strife to fight with faith and trust in God.

Betty

Listening to the birds call out to each other, is my morning jewel, today.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Blessed Saturday,

When we take the time to enjoy nature, we are reminded how great the God we serve, truly is. We can see handiwork in the smallest flower and in the tallest mountain. He spoke the creation of all things with just a word. How marvelous it truly is that He would take the time to care about our physical issues and our emotional pain! Yet we live in a world where people influenced by Satan, talk trash to God and think that on judgement day, that will tell God, how it is. As His children let us not be guilty of treating and speaking to God with disrespect.

It is okay to talk to God about how disappointed we are about things. We can even tell Him when we are angry with Him. Speak to God even in the midst of your anger with respect and love. When we were teens, we learned quickly that there was a limit to what we could mouth off to our parents and a disrespectful tone in our voice was not tolerated. We should treat God with respect out of our love for Him. When we were angry with our parents, we still loved them, in the midst of our anger. It should be the same with God. Sometimes God takes us down paths we do not want to be on. Sometimes He allows things in our lives that do not make us happy. When we submit to God's plans He will give us peace in our hearts and mind.

In the midst of trails and pain, remind yourself of your future. There is a reason for the choices God makes in our lives. Trust Him even when the path is painful and scary. One day we will be in Heaven and all we went through will just be a distant memory. God does work out every thing for our good. Everyone will have trials in your life. You may feel overwhelmed today. If so, cry out to God about your pain. Ask Him to encourage and give you the strength you need today.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Lar,

Great ideas. We should pray for one another.
Betty

--------------------

Lar
Advanced Member
Member # 14133

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty (and all),

Betty, at the end of your post you exhorted us to take some time each day to talk with God. I must confess that lately, I have just been praying to God with prayer needs, and not really spending "quality time" talking with Him.

I think that you had a good idea here... (spending some "quality time" with God each day). Would you please pray that I (and that others here) would take the time to talk with God each day - and not just to ask him our prayer requests, and then to let it go at that. Thanks. [Smile]

-- Lar

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Posts: 54 | From: (upper) New York state - USA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 11, 2017

As I walked around the yard I prayed that God would inspire me with what I should write today. When I brought the garbage cans up to the yard, I walked under a tree, where a little bird was singing. After I brought the second one up, I looked up in the tree and thanked the bird for its song. It stopped singing and started talking. I would like to think the bird was saying "Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed my song ". Of course the bird could have been saying " Move on, you are disturbing me". I do know the One that who always enjoys our songs to Him. It doesn't matter if we have a beautiful voice or tone death. God loves to hear our praises. Of course we must be singing out of our love for Christ and not obligation.

Sometimes we will find ourselves doing things out of obligation. While it is good to be faithful and do things for others, it is better if we do it for the glory of God. When the devil whispers in your ear "you really do not want to do this", we answer back that we are doing this for the glory of our Lord and Savior. Do not do your work to impress other people. The praises of mankind are fleeting and tomorrow someone else will be their 'little darling' . What we do for God will last throughout eternity.

I love to sit and look out the window at the trees. I saw the squirrel climbing the fence a few minutes ago. Nature can bring peace into your heart. The trees gently moving in the breeze. Watching waves of water moving up to the bank and back again has a calming effect. True peace and joy comes from God. He wants to give both to us. Sometimes we have to ask God to forgive us from sin and sometimes we must to take the time to sit with God awhile. God wants to give us peace and joy, take some time every day to spend with God, even if it is 10 minutes at a time.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 10, 2017

Matthew 25:23King James Version (KJV)23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

As I fed the pets, birds, and squirrels, my prayer was that today I would be a faithful servant for God today. I have found sadly, that it is easy to have the good intention of serving God with a cheerful heart, when we wake up. Only to find that the we get laid astray by dealing with other people and circumstances. Sometimes their actions can cause our attitude to sour. Sadly we can get angry because of circumstances or people and our desire to serve God, goes right out the window. If we can step back and ask for forgiveness from God we can step back into a cheerful and giving frame of mind. Too often, though our reaction is anger and bitterness. We can even resort to blaming God. Thinking that if He had not allowed those circumstances and those mean people mess up or day, we would have been a good and faithful servant. Where as if we had faithfully serve in kindness in-spite of people and circumstances, not only would have given a gift of sacrifice to God, but we would have grown spiritually.

God did not ask us to serve Him only on good days. God did not ask us to love others only when they deserve love. God desires our obedience in good and bad times. Where would we ourselves be if God only saved those worthy? Heaven would not be our designation. Let us not grow weary in serving God. Remind ourselves that we can trust and depend on God when the sun is shining as well as the days when the sky is dark and clouds rumble and snap. In the bad days, draw closer to God and talk to Him more often. Remind yourself that God had not abandoned us.

Today look for those little diamonds in your path. Speak kindness to others and be cheerful and not grumpy. Yesterday I took pleasure in the blue jay that has joined my birds at the feeder. He is beautiful and so big. I saw a squirrel at the feeder when I woke up as I laid in bed. Made me smile.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

May 9. 2017

John 1:14King James Version (KJV)14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So much truth is wrapped up in one verse. God gave up His home in glory, to live among man as man so that He could live and die for our sins. He left Heaven where He was given His rightful praise continuously, to come to earth where He was ridiculed, spat on, tortured and killed. He knew what awaited Him on earth but He chose to come anyway out of His great love for mankind.

May God forgive us when we neglect to praise Him. When we take for granted His precious sacrifice and when we act like spoilt children. Let us praise the God of Heaven every day and rejoice in the gift of salvation. "How Great is Our God!" Human words can not express the value of God. Yet, He takes pleasure in His children and rejoices in our achievements. The more we realize the sacrifices God made, not just on the cross but leaving Heaven to live with us, the more our hearts should sing songs of praise to God our father. Our love for God should over flow our cups and we should be walking and talking examples of God's marvelous love.

Just as God left Heaven to walk with man, one day we will leave earth to walk the streets of gold with Him. This ticket to Heaven was bought by Jesus, but we must accept the ticket and turn away from our sinful ways and choose to walk with God and do His will. We cannot do the will of Satan and walk with God at the same time. We must choose for ourselves, who we will serve. This decision is the most important decision we will ever make. Choose wisely!

Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement