Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 11)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 17, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Have you every woke up to a problem: a car that won’t start, an appliance that is leaking, or just pain in your body? There are many things that can go wrong in life and those that take us off guard or the ones that seem to make us lose focus. It is these things that we forget to go to God for help with. Instead we find ourselves grumbling and complaining.

Seeking God in the minor things can be harder to do then the major things. We think we got this, but many times we get frustrated and if we are not careful, we can take our frustration out on others. Not only do we deal with our own frustrations but we deal with mates and coworkers frustrations . In these times, the best thing we can do is talk to God. Tell Him how you feel. Tell Him about your frustrations and pains.

Then look for those moments of diamonds of joy. Look for things in nature that perk your spirits. Take time to read about Heaven, that awaits us. Take time to remember how those loved ones, we miss so much are able to sit and talk to Jesus in person. All their pain and suffering on earth is just a distant memory if they even think of them. Rejoice in the knowledge that one day our suffering will be a distant memory.

When we dwell on God and remind ourselves of our future in Heaven we can hold on through the struggles we have on earth.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 16, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

We have ice and snow on the ground, which is unusual for the Houston area. I have been watching a male cardinal at the feeder. While other birds eat together, the male cardinal is selfish and greedy. He chases off all the other birds including his mate. Are we as Christians, guilty of being selfish and greedy? Even though we are God’s children we can be guilty of bad behavior. We are not always shinning examples of God’s love. We can lose our temper and get ugly. Surely, we are an embarrassment to God sometimes. When the devil comes to God and points out how badly His children are acting, God will tell him, that we are His children, covered by the blood of Jesus.

As parents, there were times that we were embarrassed by our children’s behavior. Our love for them did not diminish nor did we return them to the hospital where they were born. God’s love for us doesn’t diminish because of our bad behavior. We will sow the consequences of our wild seeds, but God’s love for us never fades. In His great love for us, He will comfort us even as we deal with the results of our sin.

Of course we seek to sin less and to live in a way that is pleasing to God. Never be guilty of thinking we are above sin. When we do, we open ourselves up to temptation. The sin of pride can get us in major trouble.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Have a blessed day. This old couple is staying in today. I have only driven on ice once and the truck and I ended up in the ditch. Talking about pride I was embarrassed to have to call for help. Thank you, Daddy and Hubby. This was many years ago and Daddy is with God, now. I learned by lesson and it stuck.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

If you go to the same Church long enough, you may come across someone who only comes to Church during hard times. When things are too hard, they come to Church, seeking help from God. There is also the opposite person who only goes to Church when things are going well, but abandon God when things go bad.

This is not the kind of relationship God wants with His people. He wants our worship and love through all times, good and bad. Christians who are not faithful to God, through all times, are cheating themselves as well as God. A spiritually strong person stays in communication with God every day. I am not putting anyone down who isn’t able to make it to Church. This last 6 months my health has kept me home many Sundays. While I am always glad when I am able to attend and blessed to do so, having a relationship with God is not a Sunday, only thing. We need to communicate with God, daily.

The issue is, do we only pray when we are in trouble? Do we only serve God when things are going well for us? This is a question only we can answer. One of my New Years resolution is to have spiritual growth. This will not happen if I avoid prayer and Bible Study. Be assured when we seek spiritual growth the devil will try to discourage growth and send us thoughts and tempt us to commit actions that will make us feel unworthy of spiritual growth.

God did not call worthy people. There is none that is righteous in their own ways. Only the blood of Jesus can make us righteous in the eyes of God. Pray that we do not sin, but when we do admit our sins and seek forgiveness immediately. Do not allow Satan to torment us.

Be blessed my friends and seek God’s will as we wait with joyful anticipation for His soon return to call His children into the clouds to enter Heaven with Him.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
[rapture]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 14, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

We can know someone all of our life and not know what comforts them, what upsets them, and what makes them tick. This is not the relationship God wants us to have with Him. He wants us to really know Him. He wants us to know Him so that we know His voice. This keeps us from being led astray by False shepherds who have taken the Gospel and watered it down so that it is more pleasing to the ears. He wants us to grow strong in Him so that we can offer correction, in love, to those who have bought into another Gospel.

Galatians 1:6-12King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Just because something is pleasing to the ears doesn’t make it good for us. Everyone knows health insurance is very high. What if a friend said they could sell you and insurance policy for $50.00 a month. Sounds great doesn’t it! But, when you read the policy and found there was a $10,000 deductible to go to the hospital. You paid the first $5,000 on office visits and the first $10,000 on medication. Policy would not seem so great!

There those who do that with the Gospel. Water down what God expects from us. Water down the consequences of sin. Say all roads lead to Heaven. This my friend, is much worse then being stuck with a bad insurance plan. This can take us right to hell.

God wants us to know Him for ourselves, so that we are not led astray by a partial and inadequate Gospel. When we really know God, our eyes and ears will recognize when we are presented with a false Gospel. Eternity is too long to be persuaded to leave the truth of the Gospel for one that only sounds pleasant but offers no forgiveness from sin.

Let us seek to know God, the God of the Bible and not fall victim to what is politically correct. Let us pray for guidance to stay on the right path with God and not be sheep who wander off to listen to every new “Gospel”, Religion, or fad that comes into town or on television. “My sheep know my Voice”. Let us make sure we do.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I titled my blog today: “Consistency”. My intention was to write about the love and faithfulness of God. God lead me in a different direction. It is important to know that not only is God true to His promises to His Children, He is also true to His promises to sinners. We are all born sinners but God made a Bridge to Heaven in Jesus, covered by the precious blood of Jesus. Those who reject this Bridge will not be saved from sin. Sin and sinners can never enter Heaven. Yes, God is loving and faithful to those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Those who reject Jesus have chosen hell for themselves. We cannot express enough the reality of eternity in a lake of fire where there will be no end to the misery and suffering. Now is the day to come to Jesus and be saved: as the song says: “Come to Jesus, and live”
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 13,2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Consistency

We live in a world where things are changing faster, then we can often keep up. The laws of mankind change at the whim of mankind. Sin by thoughts of mankind changes with the popularity of the times. A friend of almost 50 years said that she was offended about my posts about sin and hell. She told me at the end of her father’s life, he rarely preached about sin, because mankind already knew about sin.

I respectfully disagree. In the eyes of mankind, sin has changed. Many things that the Bible proclaimed to be sin, are not considered sin. Oprah has a large following who takes Religious advice from her. She proclaims that sin and hell doesn’t exist. She proclaims that there are many roads to Heaven. That everyone is a part of God. How will people know the truth unless we proclaim the truth?

Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 6:16-19King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The Bible makes it clear what is sin. With world view changing on sin, Christians must speak up about the truth. We cannot afford to be silent in a world, where sins once hidden from view or now celebrated in the streets and on prime time television. Mankind’s popularity of sin or their belief that sin doesn’t exist, doesn’t change the heart of God.

Contrary to Oprah and her followers view, hell exist. Pretending differently, does not change the fate of sinners.

Matthew 18:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Revelation 20:12-15King James Version (KJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Preaching and teaching about sin and hell is an act of love. It is so much better to be used by God to share the truth, then be witnesses to those we love and care about being tossed into the lake of fire for eternity. Everyone will not be saved, but we can make sure those people we care about, know the truth.
God is consistent. The political correct people and Oprah will not change Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 12, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

The Faithfulness of God

Psalm 89:1King James Version (KJV)89 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Even though I write this blog, nearly every day, this does not mean I do not suffer discouragement. I know my pain is not as bad as others. I do not feel sorry for myself, but there are times that I grow tired and weary of being in pain every day. These are the days, that I must remind myself of the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father. I need to remember that suffering does not mean that God has forsaken His children.

Encouraging ourselves in the Lord just as King David, said we should do will bring us peace of mind. Our suffering in this world is just a second when we consider an eternity of perfect bodies and perfect peace and joy. The devil would seek to discourage us and to weaken our faith in God. This is why it is so important to encourage ourselves in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Romans 5:2King James Version (KJV)2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

While we trust for healing in this world, we live in the precious hope of a new day in Heaven when there will be no more disease, suffering or pain. For God, Himself shall wipe away all of our tears.

I know of so many Christians who are suffering today. We suffer together and we rejoice together for the glory that awaits us, if we remain faithful. Our love for each other and for God, will sustain us as we wait for His return for us. Let our struggles and pain be our sacrifice to Jesus, who gave it all so that we can be reconciled to God. Hold on to God and hold on to your faith. Look forward to the prize that awaits us in Heaven.

Romans 8:18-23King James Version (KJV)
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

To those who wonder why Christians, can hardly await the rapture, remember even nature groans, waiting for her redemption.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Thursday,

Hubby and I got up early enough this morning to eat breakfast and take a small walk. Bertha was excited. You just mention the word walk and she lays on her back so you can hook her up to the leash. Today it is gloomy and damp but it is good to get out and walk.

There are things we can do that refreshes our spirit. Taking a walk, singing praises to God, reading His Holy Word, and talking to God. A strong relationship with God prepares us for spiritual battles. The closer we are to God, the more our trust in Him will be. There will be times that something comes out of left field and knocks us off our feet. When this happens, go first to God. Seek His help and guidance. Remind yourself, that you are not alone.

There is no perfect life. Bad things happen to everyone, Christians and non Christians, have problems. The difference we have our Heavenly Father to go to for help and encouragement. God never promised us a perfect life, but He promised never to forsake us.

I have a bird feeder in front of my window and there are a dozen birds in the tree above waiting patiently for their turn at their feeder. Also a squirrel in another feeder. This is especially nice for me at this moment because I am in a lot of pain. Even in my pain, God sends me diamonds of joy. I am also thankful for pain pills.

Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 10, 2018

The cat and I are watching through the window at tiny little birds eating at a bird feeder on the ground. Both of us quietly enjoying the view. There are many things we can enjoy during the day, that can be our moments of joy. The first cup of coffee, when you crawl out of bed is taken for granted until, your doctor says no coffee the day of a medical test of the coffee pot dies. When we open our heart to see these moments of joy, we can find peace in an often troubled world.

We all have days that drag us down and wipe away our energy. On days like this, let us ask Jesus to bring a moment of joy into our day to raise up our spirits. We should also pray that God can use us to bring a moment of joy to others. None of us know what people we know and strangers are going through. What joy it would be to be a blessing to someone else!

Let us seek to be more like Jesus in a world that has been darkened by sin. We can be the light that shows in the darkness. Pray that we can live in a way that is pleasing to God and that God will protect us from the devil’s snares.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 9, 2018

“Psalm 27:8Living Bible (TLB)8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me, O my people.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”

There are times , that our hearts are heavy with doubts, sadness and confusion. God calls to us to come to Him and bring our burdens to Him. God is not hiding from us in His Heaven. He wants us to come to Him with our problems, burdens, and issues. The hard part is letting go of this baggage’s. Too often we pray for help and then we take our burdens with us when stop praying. The problem is trust. I, too find myself after praying, worrying though the night about an issue, even though I prayed about it.

It would be so nice if God would lay out a work sheet and what He was going to do and the time table. Then we could look at the list and be at peace. God wants us to trust that He does have a plan and He will work it out. He wants us to walk away from the prayer saying: “I do not know what God is going to do, but I am confidante that He will work things out”. Truth is there are those times, that trusting is very hard for us.

We can be at peace if we seek God and then trust Him for the right answer. Most of us have not reached the place that we do never fret and worry. The more we do trust in God the stronger our trust in God will grow. Admitting our need for others to pray for us, is the first step in getting help. Remember we are not the only one who struggles with trust issues. This is a universal problem for Christians. God is not going to forsake us because we struggle with this.

Let us go to Jesus with our struggles and reach out to others to pray for us. We need God and we need fellow Christians to help us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 8, 2018

After not sleeping well for several nights, I ended up sleeping till 12:30 after falling asleep after 1 this morning. Then I woke up hurting, took a pain pill and have come back to bed. I said all this to say, things do not always go smoothly in our lives. Batteries in cars, go dead. We over sleep. We are late to Church even though we got up early. Life just doesn’t always run smoothly.

We live in an imperfect world, inside the skin of an imperfect body. God has never required us to be perfect. While we try not to sin, we will not reach perfection in this life. God wants our love and our trust. King David was a man after God’s own heart, yet he sinned many times. When through prophets, God called David out on sin, he did not make excuses, nor blame anyone else. He accepted the blame and repented. This what God wants us to do. Repenting is more then saying you are sorry, it is to turn away from your sin.

We may find our self repeating a specific sin more then once, because the devil knows our weaknesses and will tempt us in that area more then once. When we repeat a sin, repent immediately and ask God to help us in that area. The more we trust God the less we will find ourselves giving in to that sin.

As God’s children, we want to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. When we seek to please God, we can live with peace of mind and heart. When we fail we seek forgiveness and then we move on. Do not let the devil keep you meditating
on your sin, but repent and praise God. Instead meditate on Scriptures and God’s goodness.
Betty
Blessed to have many tiny birds yesterday a female cardinal, and several squirrels at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 7, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today would have been my mom’s Birthday. Although my heart still grieves for her, I would not bring her back, in the same condition that she left this world. The last two years, she suffered so and now she is completely healed and in the perfect place that Heaven is. Grief is painful and even many years later a thought can send us back into that dark place.

What do we do when our heart is heavy and our spirit is low? We cry out to Jesus. Today, I asked God to tell mom, Happy Birthday for me. It comforts me that God can let mom know that we still love and miss her. All of us grieve and God wants to comfort and lift us up.

We can grieve over many things. A divorce, a lost of a job, and of course death. God knows our grief. He saw His Own Son die on the cross, for our sins. God can and does relate to our pain. Knowing this makes it easier to go to Him for comfort. In the early stages of grief, the only one that can bring peace to our hearts is God. When we take comfort that God is with us and one day we will understand why we went through devastating trials and circumstances, we can put our trust in God.

God does bring us out on the other side and we do begin to feel joy again. We are able to laugh again. Many good things have happened to me since mom died, the best of all was my son’s marriage to Sarah, last year. Her and her family brings my family joy and peace.

If you are suffering grief, remember God will bring you through. The world will never be quiet the same but God will bring you joy and new adventures that His love will shine through. Do not give up on God. He has not given up on you. As His children, we look forward to the greatest family reunion of all time, when we are called to Heaven, in the rapture. We will have eternity with our loved ones and friends. We will make new friends with people from Abraham all the way to the last person saved before the rapture. What glorious days, we have to look forward to!

Betty
My cats are looking out the window, enjoying the birds at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 6, 2018

“Where your treasure is, is where your heart is”

Matthew 6:20-21King James Version (KJV)
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

January is a good time to take access of your heart, to see what is important to you. To see where God stands in your list of important things. Is God on your mind, when you wake up? Or is God an afterthought or just someone you think of when something or someone scares you? Do we treat God like a first aid kit, that we only bring out when we have a need?

I know can be guilty of putting God on the back burner as I get busy with life. God deserves more then just being an after thought in our life. Our relationship with God should be more then a safety jacket we only use when we need Him.
We need God all the time, but sometimes we forget this.

We should take joy that the God of Heaven, wants a personal relationship with us. He wants to commune daily with us and not just a quick prayer before we fall asleep. He wants us to talk to Him about our desires, plans, and needs. The more we communicate with God, the easier it will be to pray and the stronger our prayer life will be. When we have a strong relationship with God, the easier it will be to avoid sin and stay on the right path.

Let us take time today to search our hearts. Seek to see where we stand in our relationship with God. Pray that He will help us grow closer and for our spiritual health to improve and grow strong. We want to be men and women strong in our faith and strong warriors for the Kingdom of God. To this we need to know God more then just as an after thought.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 5, 2017

When we are sick, we go to the Doctor, to find out what is wrong, so that we can be treated. Most of the time, we can feel, when we are not where we should be spiritually. There are also times that we are so busy, that we do not notice when we have neglected our spiritual health. This is why we should do like David, and regularly ask God to examine our hearts. When we open ourselves up to regular inspection by God, we can sidestep, developing serious spiritual health issues.

God in His love for us, wants to help us stay on track. He wants to help us to grow spiritually stronger. When we spend time with God, He can guide us. Not everything you do for God, will be appreciated by others. We can be at peace, when we strife to please God before others. When we work for God out of our love for Him and not to impress others, our work will be blessed by God. Remember our work for God is for the Kingdom of God and His Glory. When we realize that, we can ignore criticism and pray for those who do not understand, the work God is doing through us.

In these trying times we see and read things that are going in the world, that shock us to our core. When we do takes this to God. Pray for those who have allowed the devil to work his evil through them. We need to pity them instead of feeling anger towards them. They are trapped by the devil’s lies and influence.
Sadly the devil uses people in positions of power to make horrible sins, seem not only acceptable but pleasing to them and others. It is easy to feel anger towards the people who are destroying our Country. It breaks our heart to see our Country that once was based on the laws of God, live out sin in pride.

These who have chosen powerful positions over God, will face God, Himself, one day. Until, then let us pray for them, that their hearts might soften towards God.

Fear not the future, but trust in the God who holds the future in His hands. God has not lost control and His ways are beyond our understanding. We can live in peace when we trust in Him.
Betty

Went out to day and found the bird feeders empty. Shame on me😛

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 4, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

“Come To Jesus”

We live in a world, where self-reliance is praised and seeking help is considered a weakness. We were not made to be loners. God made us to seek His face and depend on Him. Before Adam sinned, He walked and talked with God, every day. Sin drove a wedge between man and God. Jesus came to earth to live and die so that He could be the bridge between mankind and God.

God has provided the bridge, but so many refuse to go to the bridge. One of the biggest reasons, is pride. Mankind often refuses to admit they are sinners. Without acceptance of our sinful nature, we do not see the need to be saved. Others feel they can fix themselves. An atheist group once had put on a billboard that you do not need a God to be good people. True there are good sinners. Working hard to be good looks fine on the outside, but it only hides our sins. The Bible says we were all born in sin.

No matter how good we try to be, we can not save ourselves. God sent His Son Jesus to purchase our salvation with His precious blood. God has given every person, the freedom to choose for themselves. We can either choose Jesus or we can choose to die in our sins.

1 John 1:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Jesus is still calling the lost to come to Him for redemption. There is still time to come to Jesus and seek His gift of salvation. The invitation still is open, but one day the invitation for salvation will be closed and then will come the judgment of God. The Bible warns us that if we keep rebuffing His invitation, there will come a time the offer will be withdrawn. The time to come to Jesus is now.
Betty

Isaiah 55:6-7King James Version (KJV)

6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 3, 2018

Mankind can not understand the greatness of God. So many ignore God as if He doesn’t exist and many others spend years trying disprove the existence of God. God seats in His Heaven and laughs at the futility, of men the size of ants compared to the glory of Heaven, and their quest to dispute the existence of the very God that created mankind. It is futile as if a machine created by mankind begin to think of itself as better then the created, until it reaches the point that it denies that there ever was a creator. We would laugh at a machine that said it’s existence came about because of some big band effect happened in the universe. Yet, many people believe in the lies of evolution.

Mankind takes God’s patience as weakness. In His love, He gives men and women many chances to come to repentance. It is only His love for mankind that keeps Him from destroying the planet and starting over. As His children, let us not, take His love for granted. Let us appreciate His patience with us and praise Him for loving us through out our good and bad. The more we strive to live according to the guidance of God, the more content and peaceful we will live. When we seek to walk closer to Him, the less sin will be attractive to us.

Though so many scoff at the thought, Jesus is coming back for His Own. Let us seek to be working for the Kingdom of God, when He calls His children home, to Glory. Let us be grateful and appreciative children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 2, 2018

Philippians 3:14King James Version (KJV)14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

We can feel like a cog in a wheel, pressing on day by day, wondering if we are accomplishing anything, but biding time. Whether we work out of the home or not, we feel as if we are doing the same job we did yesterday. If we are not careful we can be complacent and clueless to the devil’s snares. He seeks to destroy us and if he can’t, he will seek to destroy our testimony.

The devil will try to get us to sin so that feel others will not take us seriously.
He will work on convincing us that we are not worthy to share the Gospel. The truth is we are not worthy in our own righteousness. When Jesus saves us, He clothes us in His righteousness. Our job is not to worry that others will take us seriously, we are to spread the Gospel seed and allow God to do the work in people’s hearts.

Every day we have opportunities to pray. Pray for our Families, our Country, and for persecuted Christians around the World. Pray for ourselves, that we grow spiritually every day and do not become stagnant. Pray for guidance from God, so that we know when we need to speak and when we need to be quiet.
Pray is such a simple job and yet we often neglect our prayer life.

We do not see what we are accomplishing, but rest assured God does. Our work for God is not wasted. God uses our prayers and our deeds for Him for the Glory of His Kingdom. Do not allow the devil to belittle or down grade your work for Christ. Trust in God to bring your work to fulfillment for His Glory. Remember planting seeds, does not bear fruit immediately. Much growth goes on below the surface.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 1, 2018

Beginning Again

January first, is know as a day to begin again. We choose to start over with being healthy, being nicer, becoming a better Christian and being a better person. To begin again, means we have to throw off some baggages from last year. Throw off bitterness. Choose to stop dwelling on past pain and choose to let go of resentment.

Give your mate, your family, your friends, and your co-workers a new slate. The devil of course will remind you of the hurts of last year, but remind the old devil, that this is a new year and last year’s mistakes against you, you have chosen to forgive. Forgive yourself and seek God’s forgiveness and then when the devil reminds you of past mistakes, remind the devil that God’s precious blood has redeemed you of those sins.

Replace bad habits with good habits. Pray for others and yourself. You can be assured that things will happen this year that will throw us a curve. When this happens let us run to Jesus first, and not as our last action. Whatever happens this year, will not take God, unaware.

Psalm 37:4King James Version (KJV)4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Choose today to live closer to God to talk to Him more. Trust in His truths and His ways. Ignore the devil and his lies. Pray that we can work for God, in the midst of criticism and harsh words. Let us remind ourselves while we seek not to offend, doing the work of God, should be first on our list. God did call His children to be people pleasers, but to work for the Glory of His Kingdom.

Every day we live is one more day closer to the rapture. Let us pray that God will help us to be bold in sharing the Gospel with lost souls. While we pray in our prayer closets we were not called to hide the Gospel in a closet. If those we work with, cannot see Jesus in us, we need to ask God to examine our hearts and show us where we need to seek forgiveness and seek courage from God. Pray that we will be a lighthouse shining the hope of Christ in a world where sin is accepted as good and right living is considered wrong.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 31, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Tomorrow brings another year. At this time of the year, people often make resolutions to do better and improve ourselves in the New Year. The best resolution we can make is to spend more time with God. Time spent with our Heavenly Father, is never wasted.

Many of us will resolve to eat better and work for a healthier body. There is nothing wrong with improving our bodies. Sadly this resolution is often forgotten by April. Let us, not forget our resolution to improve spiritually. We will one day have new bodies, but we want to be the best we can be, when we face Jesus. It is not that we are working our way to Heaven. Works will not get us into Heaven, but we want Jesus to be proud of us.

None of us know what the New Year, will bring. We do know that we can walk into the New Year, with confidence that Jesus will be with us, every step. We can live without fear, if we put our trust in God. Let us lay aside self pride and admit when we need people that care about us, to pray for us. There is no shame in admitting that we need help.

God bless you and fill your heart and family with His amazing love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 30, 2017

Called of God

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

I believe that God has called me as a modern day Prophet, to share the need for salvation and to remind people that judgment is coming to this earth, soon.
We purchase fire insurance not because we know we will have a fire at our house on a given day and time, but to be prepared, just in case. We know that Jesus is coming back for us, for sure. We do not know the date or time, but God has promised to send His Son to come and get us. How can we live in peace and not warn people?

How can be people know they need a Savior, if they do not know they are sinners? God is calling all His children to be the voice in today’s wilderness, warning people of their need of salvation. The question is not, if we think we are called, but whether we are willing to speak the truth in a politically correct world.
People who consider themselves complete and need of no correction, are harder to reach for Christ. If we do not share the truth that we are born in sin and will die in our sins, we are dooming those we love and care about to hell.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Sharing the truth about eternity in hell for those who reject Christ, is not an act of cruelty. Sharing the truth is an act of love. Will some reject the truth? Yes, the Bible says so.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The Gospel of Christ is not all gloom and doom. Those who accept this wondrous gift of salvation, have an eternity in Heaven to look forward too. People need to know that we all have a choice. We can choose to accept the gift of salvation or refuse. Along with sharing the love of Christ, we must warn sinners the consequences of refusing the gift of salvation. Is there any crueler act then to watch those we love and care about, go blindly into hell? Of course there comes a time, when God will let you know that you have said your part and then stop talking about it. Never stop praying about it. God often uses others to reach our loved ones and friends.

Let us pray that God will help us to know when to speak and when to just pray. May God help us to be bold in a politically correct world where good is considered evil and evil is considered good.

Betty
God has given me my little diamonds of joy today. Dozens of tiny birds at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 29, 2017

“In My Distress”

Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Many things can bring us stress. Finical issues, health problems, marriage problems, and work issues, are just a few. The devil would like to convince us that we are suffering on an island, where no one sees. We MUST remind ourselves the devil is the father of liars. God says for us to call unto Him in these times.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

God wants us to call upon Him in our times of worry and stress. He wants to help us and encourage us. Resist the urge to hide on your dark days, and call on your Creator and your God. Seek His face and He will respond to you.

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

God does not want us to live in fear that He will not always be there. He wants us to have confidence in His love for us. He wants us to lie down at night and rise in the morning, knowing He is always with us.

Yes, we will have times of distress. This is a part of living. The question is not if we will be affected by stress, but what will be our reaction. Will we go to God and talk to Him about our issues or will we ignore our issues until we feel like a mountain has fallen on us? Lay aside our pride and come to Jesus at the beginning of trouble and not wait until to we are desperate.

God does not want His children overcome by stress. He wants us to come with confidence to His Throne and seek His help in all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 28. 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

Happiness

Happiness means different things to people in this world. Happiness can be getting that job that you wanted so badly. Happiness can mean getting a new car or house. Happiness is falling in love with that special person, who loves you back.

God has different views on happiness and what gives lasting happiness.

1 Kings 10:8 Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.

Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

Psalm 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Proverbs 28:14 Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.

James 5:11Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

God wants us to be happy. He wants us to be able to get nice things. He also wants us to understand how fleeting happiness can be in things. On the other hand, being happy in doing the right things brings lasting happiness. It is okay to seek happiness in material things but let us never forget that we need to seek spiritual things first.

We can share our happiness with others by a smile or a word of kindness. We can be happy when others receive a blessing.
Betty

Blessed by tiny birds and squirrels at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 26, 2017

The presents are open and the wrapping paper in the trash and we begin a another year before the next Christmas. Presents over time lose their luster. Toys break and clothing wears out. God is the only one who gave a gift that will last through eternity: Jesus.

Of course we should and do appreciate, when someone takes the time to give us a gift. We know behind the gift is love. God loved mankind so much, that He sent His Only Son to live and die for our sins. This was not to make us feel better about ourselves but to reconcile us to Himself. God not only wants a personal relationship with us, not only through our lifetime, but through eternity.

Sadly so many feel so proud, that they reject the only gift that will give them eternity in Heaven. In their arrogance they refuse to see their sins. Others think that good deeds will overcome their sins, as if they do more good then bad the scales will tip in their favor. They do not realize that God in His Holiness, cannot look on any sin. If a person rejects Christ and only commits one sin in their lifetime, that would be enough to send them to hell. Still, others think that God is too loving to send anyone to hell. Yes, God’s love is stronger then any human, but He provided a solution to sin. It is our choice to accept this precious gift or reject it.
Betty

Blessed this afternoon to have tiny birds at the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Blessed Christmas Eve,
December 24, 2017

There is a commercial on TV, I believe it is from Toy-r-Us. The children are falling all over themselves to volunteer to do chores. The voice over says the naughty list is not an option. What would we change about our plans for today, if we knew for a certain that Jesus was returning for His Children today? What would we add to our plans?

If we asked people on the street what they would do, you might hear, things like: donate money to the Church, light a candle at Church, try not to use profanity today, etc.........

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

While there are things that we do that do that pleases, God, pleasing God is more then one action. Pleasing God is having a personal relationship with Him and spending time in His Word. When we acknowledge God in our hearts and worship Him in spirit and truth then we are honoring Him.

In a marriage it takes both parties spending time together and learning about each other and what makes the other happy. The more time we spend with God, the more time we know Him. The more time we spend with God, the more we trust in Him.

Unlike, Santa, who’s timing is controlled by mankind, Jesus’ return is known only to God. This means we need to live every day in a way that is pleasing to God. The Bible says many will grow weary in waiting for His return and that some will even lose their way. We don’t have to do that. We can spend time ever day with God, we trust in Him to have perfect time, and we live every day, like today is the day Jesus comes back.

I pray that God will bless you, this Christmas Eve and your family. May we be truly thankful for what Christmas means to every Christian. May we rejoice in the gift of Christmas: Jesus.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 23, 2017

The hardest Christmas for me, was the year, my youngest sister passed away. She died in November that year and the Christmas from that year, in many ways, was like living in a fog. This happens when someone dies. I believe that God made our brain that way so that we can get through tragedies. Her death changed our whole family and in many ways for the good. We learned that God was with us through those dark hard days. We learned what was truly important and learned to let go of things that did not matter.

This Christmas there are those who will be celebrating their first Christmas with out a loved one. This will be a hard Christmas. They will want to be strong for their loved ones but they will be hiding their sorrow. This is a good time to pray for these who grieving. Try to be understanding of their moods.

Christmas is a time of reflections. We who are adults, remember our childhood Christmases with fondness. Christmas changes when we become adults but then when we have kids, Christmas is once again magical and joyful. Christmas is truly a gift from God.

Let us, this Christmas take time and effort to remember the true meaning of Christmas. The very first gift given to give us, Christmas, is the very best gift of all: Jesus. Jesus is the reason for the season, is more then a saying. It is the truth. There would be no celebration of Christmas if Jesus had not left Heaven to come to earth.

In the days head we need to be grateful for God, our families, and our friends. We should cherish these moments and make memories to bless us through hard times ahead. God is great my dear friends and worthy of all our praise. Let us not in the rush and hurray of the time, neglect to think the giver of Christmas and the greatest gift of all time. God gave of Himself. What a wondrous gift! In a dark gloomy world, He brought light and the gift of salvation, if we will only humble ourself and accept.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 22, 2017

It’s Christmas time. Happy time for so many of us. We will see many Nativity Scenes, some even with living characters. It is wonderful to be reminded of the sacrifice that Jesus made, to leave Heaven’s Glory were He was God and become a helpless baby. It is right that we remember this sacrifice and pay homage to it.

We must remember though, that Jesus is no longer a baby in a manger. Jesus is sitting in Heaven on the throne of glory. It bothers me greatly, when someone says I am going to pray to the baby Jesus. When we pray we are not praying to a baby. We are praying to God Almighty, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

My theory and I am willing to admit that I could in fact be wrong on this, is that there are some who prefer to see Jesus as a sweet baby. A baby that can answer prayers but incapable of judging sin. A baby that will answer all of our prayers, but expect nothing from us. We can live in our sins and take comfort that a baby Jesus will accept us right into Heaven sins and all.

This is not Biblical. God can not and will not allow sin into Heaven.

Habakkuk 1:13King James Version (KJV)13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

If Jesus had never gotten out of the manger and lived as a man, He would not understand our suffering and how hard it is to resist temptation.

Luke 24:25-26

And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! "Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?"

Luke 24:46

and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,

Jesus lived and died so that we who are born in sin can be redeemed and be given the precious gift of salvation.

When Jesus returns, in the Second Coming, He will not be a baby. He will be God Almighty coming back to judge the world who rejected His precious gift and chose to live in sin.

Revelation 19:11-21King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
King James Version (KJV)

We honor Christmas because if Jesus had not humbled Himself and came to earth, there would be no salvation and every man and woman would be born in sin and die in sin. We all are born in sin, but because of the greatest sacrifice of all, we do not have to die in our sins. Praise God for this! What a wonderful sacrifice Jesus made to become a baby, but remember always, He is no longer a baby in the manger but God sitting on the Throne in Heaven. It is not a baby that answers our prayers but God. Jesus is no longer clothe in baby clothes but clothes in righteousness and glory.
Betty

I pray that God will comfort those who are suffering their first Christmas without a loved one. I have been there and understand how hard it is.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 21, 2017

“Jesus is The gift, that keeps on giving.”

John 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If the only thing God did for us was to save our souls, it would still be the greatest gift we have and ever will receive. A ticket to Heaven is worth more then all the gold, diamonds, and money on all of this earth. Yet God’s plan was not to just save us from hell, although that was and is extremely important to Him and us. No God wanted to give us much more than that. He wanted to give us a personal relationship with, Himself.

He wants to walk and talk with us everyday. God doesn’t just want a Sunday relationship with us. He wants to be a part of our daily lives. He wants to know us and He wants us to know Him. The more we know God, the more we can know His will for our lives. This provides us with a bond of trust that helps us allow God to work in us and through us, for our own good and for His glory.

Over a lifetime we have received many Christmas gifts. God’s gift to us will never decay or wear out. It will see us through this life and right into Heaven’s Glory. God’s gift is so wondrous, that we can share this gift with others every day and still lose no portion of the gift itself, in our hearts and lives. Our finite minds cannot comprehend the magnificent wonders of the gift God gave mankind.

So why is evil growing in this world? God sent His Son to die for our sins and yet, every day people are dying and going to hell. God gave mankind a precious gift, yet so many have rejected this precious irreplaceable gift. The best gifts are giving by a cheerful giver, but if the recipient, refuses the gift, the fault is not with the giver, but the one who refused the gift. Every day people reject the precious gift of salvation. The more a person refuses salvation, the harder their hearts grow. Time will come when the Holy Spirit will no longer call out for repentance from a person. When the call for repentance no longer rings, the gift of salvation is withdrawn from that person. This is why the Bible says that today is the day for repentance and acceptance of the precious gift of salvation.

Never give up praying for your lost loved ones and friends. Pray that God will soften their hearts so that they are willing to accept the greatest gift: Salvation.
Let us as Christians never under value the precious gift of salvation. May we be truly grateful not only at Christmas but every day for the sacrifice Jesus made for us to repair our relationship with Him.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

God gave me the following in December 2014

10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly.

Recently a friend posted that the devil did not seek to steal from us. I disagree. I believe the Bible shows that he does seek to steal. It is not that the devil needs our stuff, our even our joy. But he steals from us to weaken our faith in God. But even when the devil steals from us we can find healing in Jesus Christ. Never allow pride to think you are above getting knocked down by the devil. The Bible makes it clear that pride goeth before a fall. But be watchful lest, the devil find you unaware and knocks you down unprepared. You don't have to live in fear but be aware and stay close to God and in His Holy Word.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 19, 2017

My cats are well fed and content to watch the birds through the window. My dog on the other hand, gets a notion to want to go outside and chase them out of the yard. The birds have learned that this last for a minute and she wants to come back inside. They wait for the dog to have her fun and resume eating. I guess the dog wants to show off her protection of the yard ability, occasionally.

Satan will occasionally tempt us with a sin more then once. If every time he does, we get closer to sinning, he will continue to do so. Especially, if we find ourselves moving closer and closer to the sin. The devil can make sin seem so attractive and yet while looking pretty as ripen fruit, it is as nasty as a waxed fruit, to the taste buds. We see people all the time who started out playing with sin and ended up enslaved to that sin. In the end the sin destroys them and leads them to hell. As God’s children let us run away from sin. The true beauty of a fruitful life is living for Jesus and adopting His ways as our agenda.

I hope you are enjoying your Christmas decorations and the happiness this time of the year brings. May every twinkle of your lights remind you of the true light of our Savior, Jesus, who came to a dark world to bring His light of salvation to all who would accept His wondrous gift. True and lasting joy comes from walking with the Lord and trusting in Him, every day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 18, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Saturday was the first Wedding Anniversary for my Son and His Wife. They had prayed for so long for a Christian mate. At times, they both had their doubts, but celebrating this weekend, the family is reminded that God’s timing is perfect.
Waiting for answers to prayers can be a stressful time. If we stay focused on God, this time can be used for spiritual growth.

As a child, we were excited this time of year, as we waited for Santa to visit our homes. In my day it was not about greed and wanting expensive gifts. Boys wanted base balls and bats, skates or a toy train. Girls wanted dolls, toy tea sets, or skates.

Many of us attended Church and even in School the Christmas play was about the birth of Christ. Seems I always played an angel, never a speaking part. Good thing, because speaking in front of people terrified me. Children were made aware that Christmas was centered around the birth of Jesus.

Santa was just the icing on the cake, sweet and tasty, but the substance of Christmas was the birth of Jesus. We knew that His birth was important to us and the world.

Today the world is more centered around Santa and less around Jesus. This doesn’t mean it is bad to celebrate Christmas. Our job as Christians is to raise our children to know and to remind our grandchildren that Jesus is the reason for the season. As we get older we no longer are excited about a midnight visit from Santa. Instead we wait, (as excited as a young child for Santa), for the return of Christ to call us home to Heaven.

When we enter Heaven’s gates, this will be like a million Christmas morning’s all tied together with a bow. Our joy will literally be unspeakable. Enjoy your Christmas with your family. Pray for one another and ask God to prepare our hearts for His soon return.

Betty
A dove family came back to the feeder yesterday.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 17, 2017
Good Evening and Happy Sunday,

As we get closer to Christmas Day, let us spend our time sharing the love of Christ with others. Pray for those who have recently lost ones. The first Christmas with out a loved on is very hard. Christmas brings out the best in most people. We get to enjoy the benefits of being around happier people.

It is wonderful that Christmas is the time we see relatives we haven’t seen in a while. We enjoy the Christmas trees and decorations at our home and other’s homes. Celebrating Christmas is a wonderful time, it let us not forget the reason for the Season. As we reflect on this year, let us take time to be thankful for what Christmas represents. There would be no Christmas Holiday with out the birth of Jesus Christ.

When we share a smile and simple acts of kindness with family and strangers, God can use us to be a blessing to those we come in contact with. Enjoy Christmas and the wonderful things that happen around Christmas. Be thankful for the blessings we have. This is a lovely time of the year that we can use to share God’s love with everyone we see and talk to.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 16, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Birth Pains

When a mother goes into labor, the pains are not constant; there is a span of time between them. Jesus referred to the last days with birth. Even the world is conscious of the birth pains, this world is having. The world blames everything on ‘global warming’. Recently someone even blamed terrorism on global warming.

We who are children of God and study what the Bible tells us recognize the birth pains leading into the judgment that God, Himself will pour out on this earth. This is why among many reasons I believe in a pre-trib rapture. The Bible makes it clear that the tribulation is a time of judgement on those who rejected the precious blood of Jesus.

You might wonder if it is judgement from God on the lost, why doesn’t He just come back and and divide the saved from the lost and pour out His final judgment? It is hard for us to comprehend, but this judgement is also a time of mercy. After the rapture, God in His great love for mankind, is giving us one more time to make it right with God. Even in the tribulation some will get saved.

This does not mean anyone would want to wait till then to make a decision for Christ. It is so much better to avoid the fire then to be saved from the fire. Life during the tribulation will be worse then anything that has ever happened on this earth. God is stilling calling the lost to come to Him for eternal salvation.

At one point during the tribulation, the devil using the anti-Christ will require everyone, rich or poor, to proclaim their loyalty to Himself and take a mark representing himself on their right hand or forehead. When anyone agrees to this they will have pass the point of salvation. The Bible makes it clear that anyone who takes the mark will spend eternity in hell. Why? They refused to acknowledge Jesus as God and instead will acknowledge the devil as God. There will be no hope for those who take the mark. Those who refuse will not be able to buy food and will be hunted down and killed.

The knowledge of this should make us realize the time of salvation is now, before the rapture. It is longer the time to put off salvation until we have sowed our wild oats. I realize that so many will ignore this advice. The Bible makes it clear that life will go on as it is and has been just as it was in the days of Noah. People going about their daily life until the floods came. Then it was too late.

Noah warned the people and preached to them for a hundred years. Everyone who ignored his warning drowned. Today we are being warned by God. The birth pains this world is suffering is God warning us that the time of judgement is coming. It is up to us whether we listen or ignore the warnings. Salvation of our souls is so very important, that it is too precious to put off to the last moment. While the birth pains are growing closer, God is not going to tell us when the exact moment the Gabriel will blow the trumpet and God will call the Church to Heaven. So waiting to get saved is very dangerous.

2 Corinthians 6:2King James Version (KJV)2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

We, who are saved, should pray more for the lost and live our lives Holy and ready for the soon coming Wedding of the Church (the Bride) to Jesus (the Groom). Do our best to live Godly lives and when we do sin, seek forgiveness and turn from our sin. Walk closely to God and seek His favor in all we do and say.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Friday
December 15, 2017

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Our mind can be the devil’s playground, if we allow it. While we cannot control what thoughts the devil puts in our heads, we do have to choose what we do with these thoughts. When we allow these thoughts to take root they can destroy our relationship with God and people.

When someone wounds us, we can began a campaign against them in our minds. The more we dwell on this wound and the person who caused it, the more we allow anger and bitterness grow in our heart. This can lead to actions that we never dreamed we would do. Sometimes we become so caught up in hate and anger that we find ourselves saying and doing something that is not so easily erased. Yes there is forgiveness available but the roots we have sowed will effect ourselves and others for years to come.

When people we know have committed a sin that we find quite offensive, the devil can use this sin to allow pride to take root in our own hearts. We may say and do all the right things but in our hearts, but we are thinking about how so much better we are then the person who sinned. If we do not send these thoughts on their way and ask forgiveness from God these thoughts will take root and pride will prevent us from seeing our own sins. We may also find ourselves years later committing the same sin or worse. When this happens we feel so much shame that it makes it hard for us to accept God’s forgiveness.

How do we protect our minds? We guard our hearts with prayer and diligence.
We can choose on what our mind will dwell on.

Philippians 4:8King James Version (KJV)8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

We can choose to send bad thoughts on their way and focus are minds on good thoughts. When the devil brings thoughts of other’s sin, we can choose to pray for them. When the devil brings up our past to condemn us, remind him that we are forgiven through the precious blood of Jesus.

Romans 8:1King James Version (KJV) 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.?

Choose to use your mind to pray and have compassion on others. Guard our hearts from the devil and seek God everyday to help you stay on His path. God has blessed us in so many ways and we can and should share His love and compassion on others. Pray for lost souls. Pray for Christians when they stumble. Pray that God will use us to light the way to Christ in a world that is growing darker and more sinful every day.
Betty

We had several squirrels at the feeders yesterday. Brought joy to my heart, watching them play and chase each other.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 14, 2017

“Men Makes Plans In Pencil And God Makes Plans in Ink”

I read the title somewhere and I liked it. Our plans can change in an instant and with out prior notice. We have a long to do list and set out, only to find out the car won’t start. The reality is that things can happen out of nowhere and stop our Plans. God on the other hand, knows all. Nothing happens that surprises Him.

We can trust God to get us through those unexpected bumps in the road. He will see us through anything that comes our way. When we realize that God is in control, then we can relax and trust Him. We can know there is a reason for why things happen. When we learn to trust in God in all circumstances, then we can lay aside fears and anger. Fears can cripple us and anger can lead to bitterness.
Trusting in God in spite of what happens will give us a calm spirit.

When we do question why something happens, talk to God about it. Tell Him your concerns and then ask Him to help you accept His plans for your life.
Sometimes hearing someone say that we will understand when we get to Heaven, seems like an easy answer without substance. The truth is when we are in Heaven, we will understand why so many things happened to us and the results that God was able to make out of the circumstances of our lives.

Of course we still need to make plans. We do not want to be a leaf flowing through the air, accomplishing nothing. We make our plans and seek God’s help accomplishing what we need to do. When the unexpected happens we stop and ask God what He wants us to do and what is important to Him for us to accomplish that day. We can trust God in everything.
Betty

The bigger birds have moved on, but enjoying the tiny birds at my feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,
December 13, 2017

Thoughts That Are Not My Own

Have you ever had a thought come in your head, that absolutely shocked you? Maybe it is a thought of revenge? Maybe it is a thought about taking an action that is completely outside your character? The devil likes to test the waters. He will try to see if your are angry or upset enough to take an action that in the past would have never even been a blimp on your radar.

The devil wants to see if you will take that thought and play around with it. If you spend too much time on the devil’s idea, it will seem less and less foreign to you. The more time you spend thinking on this action the less it will seem wrong to you. The first thing to do when this thought comes in your head is to tell the devil: “Get behind me, Satan! This is not an action a child of God should ever consider.” The second thing the devil will try is to make you feel guilty for having the thought. We are not responsible for every thought that comes into our heads. It is what we do with those thoughts. If we send the thought on it’s way we are reacting as we should. If we allow the thought to take root in our hearts, we put ourselves in danger.

We must stay on our toes. We must stay well connected to God. We do this by having fellowship with God. The closer we walk with God, the less the devil will be able to persuade us to act on his temptation he sends our way.

Sadly, many in the world think that the devil is their friend. Celebrities bragging about even praying to Satan. The devil doesn’t care about anyone but himself. He takes pride in stealing souls from God. Contrary to the belief of some, Hell is not going to be one big party of sex and booze. The devil will have no control of hell. Hell is a eternal punishment. Hell will be a place where no good exist. No love, kindness, nor compassion; only pure evil.

As Christians the more we walk and talk with God, the more salvation is less about escaping hell but more about the joy of spending eternity in the presence of Almighty God. Where the devil is made of pure evil, God is Love. God is compassion, gentleness, and kindness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 12, 2017

I love driving around looking at Christmas decorations and Christmas trees. Everything is so pretty. Have you ever wondered how beautiful, Heaven must be? John saw Heaven, either in a vision or in person, and yet, he could not adequately describe the beauty of Heaven.

The Lord has blessed us with beauty on this earth. There are so many natural attractions that God created for us to enjoy. Even with a sinful earth there is still beauty. One day, God will heal this earth and she will have her original beauty. Until then we can enjoy the beauty that God has blessed the earth with.

Just as seek out beauty in nature, we can find beauty in people. I am not talking about physical beauty. Physical beauty can be purchased by plastic surgery. True beauty comes from the heart. A heart filled with love, kindness, and generosity. A Christian should seek to show God’s love by exhibiting an attitude of love and compassion towards others. When we do act snarly, we should always humble ourselves and apologize.

We can enjoy beauty around us and be carriers of the beauty of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Good Morning and Happy Monday
December 11, 2017,

Our Son and his wife took us on a vacation for Christmas. We spent the weekend exploring the river walk in San Antonia. It was a lovely weekend exploring and singing Christmas songs. This can be the same with Jesus.

The more time we spend getting to know Jesus, the sweeter our relationship grows. We all have family members that because of circumstances we rarely see. While we may love them because they are apart of our family, we do not know them. We do not know how they think or their likes and dislikes. To really have a strong relationship we someone we need to spend quality time with them.
Jesus desires that we not only spend quality time with Him, but that we truly want to.

When you were a child there was probably that relative that acted like they did not like to be around kids. You did not like visiting them, but your parents made you go with them to visit this person occasionally. You went with them, but your heart was not into it. Let us never treat our relationship with Christ this way.

When we spend time with God because this is our heart’s desire, God will reward us. This reward is not about another diamond in our crown but a warm loving relationship with God that grows both ways. We become a blessing to God and He blesses us.

Be blessed and rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus loves you and desires to spend time with you.

Betty
Seen a squirrel this morning . A nice welcome home from our trip.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Will be gone for on vacation for three days.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 7,2017

Psalm 33:18Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who [a]hope for His lovingkindness,

Remember the lines in the children’s Christmas song:

Santa Claus is coming to town
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

As a child these lines were used by parents to encourage good behavior by their children. Not that it was so bad. As adults we see the stress of Holidays and rowdy misbehaving children make parents more stressed. This song encouraged good behavior because ‘Santa was watching children all the time’.

Yet, when we become a child of God, we find the knowledge that God really does know all, comforting in many ways. Yes, God sees when we sins. Knowing that He knows all about it, makes it easier to come clean and seek forgiveness.
Knowing God is watching over us at all times, takes away fears.

Yes, God sees when we sin, when we fall down, and when someone hurts us. We can go to Him with our broken bodies and broken spirits, knowing that He not only knows all about it, but He is the only one capable of making us whole again.
Sometimes we are left with a physical reminder of our fall. We may have a limp, a scar, or just a part of our body that doesn’t work as well as it used to. God can use these for His glory. Sometimes we have emotional scars. These battle wounds remind us that while we went through the battle, God brought us out to the other side. When a new battle comes and trust me, Satan will send new battles, our scars remind us that God brought us through the last one and He will be with us through the new battles.

Battles are necessary because they improve our spiritual health. It is through these battles we grow spiritually. A person who never goes through battles would be spiritually inadequate. When we fail a battle we will repeat it. Just as when you fail a grade in School. If you cannot pass the subjects of first grade, then you would not be equipped for second grade subjects. Repeating first grade makes it possible for you to pass second grade.

When we fail spiritually battles, we will repeat them at a later date. What is our responsibility to do when this happens? We prepare for the battle by spending more time in prayer and Bible study. Just as you would have to work harder the second time you do a class.

The good news is God does not leave us when we fail a spiritual test. Just as He was with us during the first time, He will be with us through the second time. While it is better for us to pass spiritual test the first time, we can be assured that God will not love us less, because we fail.

The words of the little children’s Christmas song brings happy childhood memories. Knowing God is with us does so much more. We do not go into spiritual battles alone. As children of God, the Holy Spirit lives in us. If we listen, He will guide us during the battle to make wise choices.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 6, 2017
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

“Promise #339: I am your God and you are the sheep of My pasture.”

We do not always feel we matter to God. We can have bad days and the devil will try to make us think that God has forgotten us. The devil wants to add to our misery. God calls us to come to Him for protection and comfort. He wants to wrap His arms around us and give us peace.

Remember that God never promised us that we would never have troubles. Nor did He promise us we would never have a reason to cry. We live in a sinful world and problems come to all people.

Matthew 5:45King James Version (KJV)45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

God Loves us and He wants us to remember that. Take courage my friends, for we are not alone. God is always with us. We can trust in Him with our lives and our souls. We can live in peace in spite of our circumstances.

We can help one another, by praying for one another.

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 4, 2017

The Perfect World

The reason the world is crying for one Leader to govern the world, is they are looking for a perfect world. What they do not know, is there will be no perfect world until the devil is defeated. As long there is sin in this world the world cannot be perfect. Instead of people crying out the God for help, they are going to seek help from the devil. The anti-Christ will be the representative of the devil.

More and more this world is becoming more and more sinful. The world is not only embracing sin, but they are honoring sin, such as wearing T-Shirts that proclaim their pride in abortions. So many sins are considered to be not only acceptable but honored. If you do not embrace these sins that your are a radical racist conservative.

If you do not believe there is a war against conservatives then do your research. More and more liberals believe that the world will become perfect when all conservatives are dead. I am not saying every conservatives are Christians, but the conservative view is hated by the liberals.

There will be a perfect world, but Satan will not usher this world into place. It will come after the tribulation, when Jesus will defeat Satan and bring judgment on those who serve Satan. Then God will heal the earth and there will be a perfect world for 1,000 years.

Contrary to the belief of some Christians, God did not call His children to fix this world. This is not our job. Our job is to share the love of Jesus so that many can find salvation.
Betty
Tiny birds at the feeder this morning.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 3, 2017

The Proud Man’s Prayer

Luke 18:9-18King James Version (KJV)
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We would never pray the prayer of the proud one, yet there is a way that the devil can tempt us to be just as bad. The Holy Spirit convicts of a sin in our life and we ask forgiveness, but we are hardly finished with our prayer before the thought comes at least my sin wasn’t as bad as so-and-so. What has happened here? The devil has replaced our humbleness with pride. Yes we have sinned but we try to justify ourselves by comparing our sin with others. When we stand before God we will be responsible for what we do and not others. There will be no justifying ourselves by comparing our sin and deeds with others. God will only be interested at the moment on what we did in our bodies.

What do we do? First of all if we have humbly asked for forgiveness, there is no need to justify ourselves. We can’t anyway. So when Satan whispers in our ear about someone else’s sin, we say: “Get behind me Satan, for God has forgiven me of my sins and I am not responsible for someone else sins”. Then we ask God to forgive us for judging someone else, because that is what we are doing. Then we seek forgiveness for allowing self pride to enter our hearts.

The devil is a busy bee, as the Bible says running here and fro to cause trouble. We as Christians must be alert in all ways. Let us seek to be prayed up and prepared for battle at all times. The devil is sneaky but the Holy Spirit will warn us when the devil tempts us and we will hear, if we are listening.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 2,2017
Good Morning And Happy Saturday,

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).

How much time do we spend in God’s Holy Word? I can tell you, that I do not spend as much as I should. My prayer throughout the day is for God to guide me in His perfect will and to keep me on His path. I seek a His face and that is great, but I need to seek His Word more than I do.

There used to be a joke about why older people read the Bible more. The answer was they were preparing for their final exam. The truth is studying God’s Word does prepare our hearts for battles and does guide us in the will of God. As we study we begin to see our hearts open up to God’s truths. We begin to understand God better. We do find answers to our questions.

When we leave this earth, I do not believe we will ever regret the amount of time we spend praying and reading God’d Word. The family of David Partridge said his last words were “so much wasted time”. This could be said of us all. Some people seem to be busy for God but we all need to spend quality time in prayer and in Bible Study.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

December 1, 2017

Psalm 23:5King James Version (KJV)5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

All my life, I have wondered about that verse. Why did God not, remove us from the presence of our enemies? Why did God not, remove our enemies from us? I always thought we were still in danger at the table that God set. This morning as I cleaned out the car and fed my animals, it came to be. If we are sitting at the table eating, God has subdued our enemies. No one would sit peacefully eating, if their enemies are pointing weapons at them. Not only has God subdued our enemies, but He is forcing them to watch us eat from a table that God Almighty, Himself has set for us. Can you imagine the humiliation the enemy must feel? God has defeated them and then He forces them to watch as we eat peacefully in front of them.

What a marvelous God we serve! People who have set out to destroy us or less likely to come back for a second battle when they see God provide for our safety and our physical needs. This verse is a reminder that as Christians, we should not live in fear. God is with us. He is protecting us all the time.

Remember, my friends, we feel surrounded by our enemies, our Heavenly Father is above all and is watching over us and protecting us, in all ways.
Betty

A squirrel is visiting the feeder at the moment. Happy about that.

Psalm 23King James Version (KJV)
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 30, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

God Loves Broken People

Satan would have us believe, that to be accepted by God, we must fix ourselves and clean our selves up. He tells us this not because he is concerned about the state we are in. He knows that if we try to fix ourselves up, on our own, we will never accomplish our goals. We then will never go to Christ for forgiveness because we will never see ourselves as worthy enough. God came to fix the broken. He came not, to tell us to clean ourselves up and fix our broken pieces so we could be saved. Jesus came to save the unworthy. He never ask sinners to become worthy before coming to Him. Even if it were possible to stop sinning and for us to move into a convent and take a vow of silence, we will still be sinners in the eyes of a righteous God.

Remember that commercial for laundry detergent that showed a white shirt that looked white but when they put it next to a shirt that is cleaned with their product, the white shirt look dirty. God’s righteousness is so pure that even at our best, we look like filthy rags standing next to Him. This is why He sent His Son to live and die for us. When we accept salvation through Christ, His blood covers our sins. Only His blood can clean the filthiness of sin.

We are to come to Jesus in our sin and brokenness. When we are willing to give ourselves humbly to God, admitting our sins and our need for salvation, God is more then willing to save us. If we come to Jesus in our pride, boasting in ourselves, we are wasting our time. We must humble ourselves to be saved. Those who see no need in being saved, will not find salvation and will die in their sins.
Betty

Blessed this morning by little birds. God is good!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 29, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Do you ever feel deserted? Truth is we can be in a crowd and feel alone. If we are a Christian, we are not immune to feeling abandoned. These are times that allows us to walk by faith and not by feelings. He has not left us, nor has He abandoned us. He is still right beside us, but during these times we may not feel His presence. These are the times that the truth of our faith is tried and proven. This is for our benefit, not God’s. God knows exactly the status of our faith. These times allow us to do a self-check and work on what needs to be done.

I know very little about cars. You turn the key and it comes on and everything is fine. Or is it? We can be driving with low oil, low tires, and even worse things and be unaware. The same thing way we can be with our relationship with God. We may think we are just fine spirituality, but what if God was to shown us a guide of where we were a year ago and where we are today, would we find we are closer to God or further away from God? Has our heart become more focused on fitting in with the world or more focused on pleasing God? Are we allowing little foxes of sin into our hearts, unaware of the damages they are causing? Have we lowered our standards so we do not offend the people we hang out with? Has our language become filled with colorful words that used to make us blush?

Just as we take our vehicles into be checked out and we have our bodies checked out for any hidden problems, should we not seek God’s help in finding out what problem areas we have spiritually that need a tune up or adjustment. If God convicts us of sin in our life and we make excuses instead of seeking forgiveness, we are living in rebellion. What does the Bible say about rebellion.

1 Samuel 15:23King James Version (KJV)23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Isaiah 63:10King James Version (KJV)10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

2 Timothy 4:3-4King James Version (KJV)3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Matthew 7:21-23King James Version (KJV)21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

We may feel that while we are not walking with God like we used to, we are still not ‘sinning’, but purposely walking far from God so we are not having to feel conviction, can lead us to very dangerous ground. If we have closed our ears to calling of the Holy Spirit, how will we know when we have gone pass the mark of being able to be convicted of sins. When will we know that God has given us up to a reprobate mind?

Romans 1:28King James Version (KJV)28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2 Timothy 3:8King James Version (KJV)Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

As children of God, we are not like the world, not understanding the times we are living in. We see the days and we know that we are indeed living in the last days. This is not the time my friends, to see how close to the edge we can walk and still be a child of God. This is not the time to test God and risk falling out of grace. Salvation is such a precious gift from God. How dare we as Christians treat this precious gift with distain, contempt, and irreverence! Harsh words these are and yes even painful, yet is it not better to bear the pain now and repent, then to stand before God when it is too late to seek forgiveness!

My friends let me not end on a note of condemnation but let me remind you of how loving and kind our God is to His children. Let us seek every day to walk so close to God that we can almost feel His breath on our cheeks. Let us seek to live in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father, not our of fear but of our love for Him!

Betty

As I wrote this my feeder had 6 little birds. Thank you Jesus for my diamonds of grace that you provide me.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 28, 2017

“Having A Calm Spirit”

A calm spirit is not listed as a Spiritual gift, but it is something that is needed in this world. Being born with ADD, I was not a child that could sit still for long. I did not talk a lot but I moved about a lot to my first grade teacher’s frustration. I went through many battles spiritual and emotional ones over many years before I became more calm. I can still become hyper if my bank balance is different then what my check book says😜. Even then, after going spastic, God brings me, to my calm space.

The God who told the wind and sea to be calm can help us calm down in the midst of the storm.
The closer we walk to God the calmer our spirit and emotions become. We begin to find ourselves relying on God to help us, rather then pacing the floor and fussing. We should pray for a calm and peaceful spirit. When we are a bundle of nerves, we look and feel to others, like we are going to explode at any moment. Instead of drawing people to Christ, we make people want to move away from us.

We are not reflecting a spirit that is relying on God when we make people nervous, just to be around us. We reflect fear, confusion and doubts. A calm and peaceful spirit comes from trusting God. The more time we spend with God, the calmer we will be. When we spend less time with God and in His Word, the easier it is for Satan to fill our hearts with confusion, doubts and fears. The more these attitudes grow in us, the weaker our testimony for God becomes.

There will be times when we become overwhelmed and we are agitated. When this happens, stop what you are doing and pray. Even if you are driving, you can pray. Turn your frustrations and fears over to God and begin to praise Him. You will begin to calm down and peace will replace your frustrations and fears. Let us try to be a walking and talking testimony of God’s peace in a troubled world.

Betty

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 27, 2017

Do We Grieve For Our Sins?

Some people believe that we can get to the place, Spirituality, that we stop sinning. I do not believe this is possible. We are still living in sinful bodies. We have not been given our glorified bodies, yet. We all have our weaknesses and trust me the devil and his demons know what they are. I will share one of mine with you. If I open the car door and something falls out to the ground, or if I spill coffee, or stump my toe, the word, **** pops out of my mouth so fast, that I don’t have time to think about it. Immediately my heart hurts. Why? Because time after time I promise God I will get my mouth under control, and yet yesterday, it happened again, to my shame.

To be honest, I have sought forgiveness every time this happens and yet, still I do not seem to have any control over this sin. My heart breaks over my lack of control in this area. I think my biggest sin in this area is making the promise to quit. I would be better to seek forgiveness and ask for help in this area. When I promise to fix this on my own, I am opening myself up for failure. The devil knows I can’t fix this myself. The first step in working on our reoccurring sins, is to admit that we are not qualified to fix sin. Our temptation happens when we are feeling bad, tired and over extended for a reason. Satan chooses to battle us at times when we are physically and emotionally drained.

This does not give us a license to sin. This is why we ask for forgiveness for sin, daily. At the same time do not set yourself up for failure by making promises to God and yourself that you cannot keep. We should pray every morning for guidance from God and seek His help in avoiding sin. When we do sin don’t attempt to wave it off, but take responsibility for our sin and seek forgiveness. After we have done this, let it go. God does not want us to make ourselves miserable over sin that He has forgiven us for. Move on and let it go. We cannot go back in time, even for a second and undo what we said or did.

What a wondrous Savior we serve. He died to save us and He forgives us of our sins anytime we ask. Serve God with a happy heart and if we have sought forgiveness that leave our sins at the cross and stop punishing ourselves. There is nothing to gain by that.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 26, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

1 Corinthians 1:18King James Version (KJV)18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

People, even some who say they are Christians, are offended by the Cross. Atheist want the Cross removed from all public places. Why are atheist and agnostics offended by the cross? Because even in their denial of God, they sense that cross has power.

Many years ago, Rev.Billy Graham was allowed to go into the prayer room in the UN building. He said that he noticed immediately that there was no cross in the room. The Cross was not left out of the room because people did not think the Cross was real, but the power of the Cross is offensive to many. People can live comfortably in their sins as long as they feel no conviction. They want to avoid anything that convicts them of sin.

I have heard people say that a loving God would not send anyone to hell. Yet, God not only sent His only Son to live and die for our sins, but he provided away to escape hell’s fires by accepting Jesus as their Redeemer and Savior. If we refuse the gift of salvation, then we have chosen to die in our sins. There is no sin in Heaven and no one who dies in their sins can enter the gates of Heaven.
We cannot become a Christian and deny the Cross. Without the shedding of blood there is no salvation. We all deserve to die on that Cross, but Jesus chose to die in our place. This is an act of a loving God.

Romans 5:8New King James Version (NKJV)But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Do not be offended by the Cross but embrace the Cross and the power within. We praise God for what the cross did for us, provided salvation for all who will believe and accept.

Hebrews 12:2King James Version (KJV)2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We lift our hands and hearts in Thanksgiving for the greatest gift ever given to mankind.
Betty

MICHAEL W. SMITH – THE WONDERFUL CROSS LYRICS
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My Richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from His head His hands His feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

Oh the wonderful cross (2x)
Bids me come and die and find
That I may truly live

All who gather here by grace
Draw near and bless your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an off'ring far too small
Love so amazing so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

That I may truly live

Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

And the beauty and the shame
In the glory of His name
Oh the wonderful cross

That I may truly live

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

November 25, 2017

As The Deer
As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after thee
Thou alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship thee
Thou alone are my strength, my shield
To Thee alone may my spirit yield
Thou art my friend and you are my brother
Even though Thou are a king
I love Thee more than any other
So much more than anything
Thou alone are my strength, my shield
To Thee alone may my spirit yield
I love Thee more than gold or silver,
only Thou can satisfy.
Thou alone are the real joy giver
and the apple of my eye.
Read more: The Cadets - As The Deer Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Do we long to spend more time with God? Do we long to know God better? If we are honest with ourselves, there are times that we do and other times that we do not. As human beings we are fickle and our attention span is not very long. Even in Church our mind can wander to chores we have to do that day and what are going to have for lunch. This does not mean we are bad people. God knows our weakness, yet He saved us while we were yet sinners. He loved us when we were unlovable.

We should seek to spend more time with God and more time talking to God. Let us do as the song says and long for God as we would water to live and bread to fill our tummies. God is our joy, He is our Savior, He is our protector. Let us trust His will for our lives and trust Him to guide us every day.
Let all God’s children rejoice that God considers us His children.

Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement