Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Enjoying nature (Page 10)

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  25  26  27 

Author Topic: Enjoying nature
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 7, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

This morning, Hubby was suppose to go the VA for a fasting test. When he got up, without thinking, he took a small drink of Mountain Dew. This tiny bit would make the fasting test off. So we have to the test another day.

All it takes is a little unchecked sin to begin corruption in our lives. When we sin and ignore it, instead of going to God for forgiveness, we allow sin to take root in our life. A mustard seed is tiny but the plant grows up to 20 feet. It only takes a tiny sin to start us to the way to a life of shame.

Of course, I am not saying we are going to be perfect in our corruptible bodies.
This said, God’s grace and forgiveness is not a license to live a sinful life.

Romans 6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Sin brings discord and trouble to our lives. When we sow sin, then we reap the products of sin. Therefore we should strife to live a life that is pleasing to God.
The closer we get to the rapture, the more we should seek to abide in the presence of the Lord and walk as closely to Him as we can. We should be seeking His advice and guidance in our daily lives.

Our hope is in Jesus and let us live expectantly for His return. Be gracious and loving to others. Pray for one another. Pray for Israel. Pray for the lost. The closer we get to the Wedding, let us be talking to the Groom more and more.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 5, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

“I Want To Go Home”

There is a Country song where the man talks about his desire to go back home. The closer we get to the rapture, the more people I talk to who are longing to go Home to Heaven. To look in the eyes of Jesus, to fall at His feet and thank Him, to have Him hug us.

This is my opinion and not from the Bible but I believe this longing we have is from the Holy Spirit. He too, must long to leave this sinful world behind. Along with this longing to see Jesus, there is also a longing to leave this sinful world behind. Every time we think the world has sunk as low in sin as it can, it digs another foot into sin. Some things we see going on today, makes us turn our head in disgust and horror. Our heart cries out: “How long, Heavenly Father will you let this world get away with such horrendous sins”?

This doesn’t mean we have stopped working for God. When you work on a job, you do your work, until it is time to go home. You also watch the clock, looking forward to the time, that work is over. Soon, my dear friends, our work will be over. We will check out of this world and be welcomed into Heaven. Let us pray and praise God more as we wait for His return. Pray for one another. So many Christians are under spiritual attack. Pray that God will comfort them and encourage them. Pray that God will bring healing to Christian families that are under attack by Satan.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 4, 2018
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

Many, many years ago, I had a job that required me to work on Sunday mornings. Even though the job was needed at the time to provide much needed finances, there was a lot of guilt on my part. Looking back I do not believe the guilt was from God. The devil had put in the position of needed this job and then he used the job to try to make me feel that God was mad at me and to make me distance myself from God. At first it worked, but as I begin to cry out to God, He showed me how I could use my job, for Him.

I was working as aide in the hospital. I begin to seek ways of giving comfort to patients in the hospital and look for ways to talk about God’s love. After a year I was transferred to a different department and had Sunday’s off. As I look back, I realize that I was not in the wrong place at the time, but in a place that God could use me for His Glory.

What ever job we have and what ever days we work we can use our situation for the Glory of God. When we have the joy of the Lord in our hearts we can reflect God’s love to others. We can always pray for others. If we deal with the public, we can say a quick prayer for our customers. If we do not work for customers we can pray that we do the job well so we as an employee, we reflect well on Christ. Of course we can always pray for our fellow workers.

We can be a shinning beacon of God’s love whatever position in life. When we see someone on the new news, who has been hurt or lost a loved one, pray for him or her. Our prayers are not just something we mumble to make us feel good, our prayer for others should come from a place of compassion for others. Pray that we never become jaded and unfeeling towards one another.

I once had someone say to me in anger : “I am going to Heaven and I don’t care about the rest of you”. Of course I knew this person did not mean it. They were hurt at the time, and reacted out of pain. Let us pray that God will,give us a heart of compassion and true concern for one another.
Betty

Looked out the window and saw a squirrel on the feeder. I feel blessed. Thank you, Jesus.
[clap2] [Cool] [Smile]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 3, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Saturday,

Do We Really Love One Another?

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

We are told by God to love one another. This extends beyond our family and friends. It is so easy to see the evil going around us, that we lose that love for the people of this world who are involved with sin and crimes. When we hear of someone arrested for murder, is our first thought “God is going to send him or her to hell”? Or do we pray that this person will find salvation before they die?

Sadly, I would have to raise my hand. The more serious the crime, the more we are attempted to want revenge for the victim. Of course we should pray for victims of crimes who survive and for the families for the victims who do not survive. I do believe the death penalty is Biblical and I believe killers should be punished. Yet, we can still find it in our hearts to pray that God would reach them spiritually before they die.

God has never given us the job of deciding who deserves salvation and who doesn’t. We should pray for all to be saved. Let God be the judge of where people spend eternity. As the Church Age grows to a close, let us be a loving and praying Church. This does not mean we excuse sinful behavior. We love the sinner and hate the sin that has over taken people.

Jude 20-23 New King James Version (NKJV)
Maintain Your Life with God
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[a] 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[b] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

Have compassion and love for the sinner but hate the sin that binds them. Pray for sinners. Treat one another with love and respect. Pray for the soon return of Jesus.

Jude 24-25 New King James Version (NKJV)
Glory to God
Now to Him who is able to keep you[a] from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,[b]
Who alone is wise,[c]
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,[d]
Both now and forever.
Amen.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 2, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Have you ever know someone who would make their life harder out of spite against someone else? I worked with a lady many years ago, whose Doctor, insisted she eat oatmeal every morning. She hated oatmeal. We, her fellow workers offered ideas, like adding fruit and nuts to her oatmeal to make it taste less bland. She said in anger that if her Doctor was going to make her eat it, she was going to eat it with out adding anything.

Sadly, she, in her anger, did not see that she was only punishing herself. We can do that in many ways. Someone complains about one thing out of place in our work and we work ourselves to exhaustion in our attempt “to show them”. This kind of anger can also affect our spiritual life. Someone implies that they think we are not working hard enough at Church and we can begin to do the work out of spite and not out of our love for Christ. Or worse, we get mad and quit the job we do at Church.

The work we do for the Lord should be done out of our love for Christ. Of course , work can make us tired, even work for God. We pray that God will make us efficient in our work and help us to do our job well without over doing to the point that we can’t rest properly. When we work for God with praise in our hearts and a song on our lips, the work usually goes faster and we are more relaxed. God forbid, that we ever do work for Him with the attitude to spite others.

If we teach a class,teach a class, in a way that the audience understands. Do not teach the class to show off your higher education. If you speak over the heads, on purpose, to your class, the the only reward that you will receive will be from the class thinking how smart you are. If the class doesn’t understand what you said then no spiritual growth will occur from your lesson. You might as well teach your lesson in the woods to wildlife.

Let us work for God with a humble spirit and with the purpose of sharing God’s love and helping fellow Christians to grow in the grace of the Lord. A simple person who gives his or her testimony out of love for God, can touch the heart of the listener, more then a highly educated person who is speaking only to impress others. Do all your work for the Kingdom of God with the right attitude and your work will be blessed by God.

When we begin to feel like our work for Christ, is something we have to do and we can begin to resent the job we do. When this happens talk to God. Maybe, God is leading you to a new job for Him. Probably, though we just need to spend more time in prayer and ask God to help us be more joyful in our work for Him. While we appreciate kind words of appreciation from others for our works, our goal should be to always please God.

John 9:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Yesterday we were blessed with a blue jay, cardinals, doves, and squirrels.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

March 1, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Looking out the window, I see two trees, dressed in white flowers. Just a week or so ago they were without and foliage, looking withered and naked. They were not pleasing to the eyes and they looked so sad. Today the same trees are glowing with life as the sun shines down on them.

We as human beings go through winter storms of life that if we allow it can tear away any signs of spiritual life. We can become standoffish and have an aura about us that makes other people want to avoid us. This can lead to bitterness and anger towards God and other people.

The trees in front may have looked sad, but they were patiently waiting to spring forth with new life. When troubles come our way if we stay tapped into Jesus and seek to strength our resolve through prayer and Bible Study, we can have a glow of Jesus about us even if our life doesn’t seem to be over flowing with new life. Remember the seed starts off in the dark ground and then burst through the soil with life.

Why do we who have served God for decades, go through these dark times? Of course only God knows for sure. Could it be that God wants to bring forth new fruit in a different area of our spirits? Could the dark days and struggles be a time that not only tests our resolve to serve God in the bad times, but to bring us to another level of spiritual growth?

It is easy to fight against the growth to seek a way of escaping the growth pains. Maybe God wants us to stop resisting the pains of growth and to seek Him more. Instead of pulling away from God, seek to walk closer to Him. Instead of fighting against the work God is doing in our lives, surrender to God. Ask God to help you. Do not struggle alone. Talk to God and ask Him to cover you with His love and to give you His strength.

All of us want to be spiritually beautiful with Godly fruit and gorgeous flowers. To have this kind of spiritual growth takes sacrifice. This sacrifice may include physical struggles. Our bodies and our spirit may suffer the pains of spiritual growth. Is it not worth the struggle, to be the person God wants you to be? To stay true to God in the midst of physical and emotional struggles requires faith in God. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God.

Romans 10:17 King James Version (KJV)17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

When these troubles come, find ways like Church attendance, listening to preaching online or the radio, so that God can increase our faith in Him. When doubt comes, give the doubt to Jesus and stop listening to the lies of Satan.
God is our refuge. He is our strength. Come to Him and as Him to cover you with His love and grace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 28, 2018

“Put On A Happy Face”

How many times have we used or had told to us this phrase: “Stop frowning and put on A Smile!”. The reality we live in a world where happiness is hard to find. It seems every couple of months there is a mass shooting at Schools or at a work place. If the area we live in is not affected by a natural disaster, we hear on the news about another place that is. Horrific murders happening everywhere. We need a box of Kleenex to read the paper or watch the news.

This world is suffering the birth pains of the end times. As the birth pains grow closer the pain level increases. Jesus, Himself warned the Church of these days. He did not tell us to hide under the bed, stop listening to the news, or pretend to be happy.

God has told us many times to come to Him for joy and peace of heart and mind. This is not a joy that makes us callous and unfeeling to the suffering around us. It is profitable for us to cry with the suffering and then we go to our Heavenly Father and seek His Face to bring comfort to the suffering around us.
Even in the midst of these times God does not want us eaten up with sadness and grief so that we end up depressed and physically ill. He wants us to remember that He is in control.

God wants us to be joyful, if only for the reason a Christian who goes around with a constant sorrowful or frown face is not only a bad way to share the Good News of Jesus, but what sinner would want what we have, if we are just as miserable as they feel. God’s joy sustains us in the bad times. His joy keeps us going when we are tempted to give up.

Remember the song: “The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength”? It is the joy of the Lord that keeps us moving when our feet are so heavy with sorrow that they want to stop moving. In these days we need to go to God, daily for a refilling of the Holy Spirit and refilling of our hearts with joy. Then let us finish our prayer, by asking God to help us spread His love and joy to others.

Another line of a song comes to my mind: “Let Others See Jesus In Me”. My brothers and sisters in Christ, we do live in a world that is filled with sadness. Look how hard the ungodly try to fill their lives with fake joy and loud indecent parties. Sinners sadly hiding their broken hearts with alcohol, drugs, and entertainment. When the party is over and they have drank themselves into slumber they still wake up the next day with a hangover and the same empty hearts that they had the day before. So sad they reject Jesus, the only one that can heal their hearts and bring them real joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 26, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

Levels Of Trust

We are all individuals with different levels of trust. There are those who have that special friend that knows more about them, then their own mates. Than there are those whose special friend never gets based the first skin of intimacy. Most of us are at varying levels intimacy. Every level removes another level of skin. Depending on our levels of trust is how much skin we are willing to remove.

Along with the trust issue there are those of us who fear that even our very best friend, would be bored hearing about the intimate details of our lives. We would rather smile and say everything is fine in our lives then take a change on running off our friend with messy things like the truth. So we smile and we hide the painful details of our lives and pretend that we never have bad times.

Truth is, we all have bad times. We all have times that we feel we are drowning in a sea of troubles and despair. Trouble is our lack of trust doesn’t just extend to other people but even to God. We can find ourselves talking to God like He is an old family friend that we do not want to worry with our personal issues. God is not some family friend who lives far away and really doesn’t know us or involve Himself in our lives.

God knows everything. It is our choice how much we want God to be personally involved in our lives. Do we want to treat God like that relative that the only contact we have is a yearly Christmas card? Are we willing to open our hearts and be vulnerable in our relationship with God? In our conversations with God are we willing to go passed the pleasant conversations we have with strangers and discuss with God our daily intimate struggles.

If we remind ourselves that God knows all the dirty details and yet still wants an intimate daily relationship with us, then we can open our hearts to God and speak the truth. We can discuss our sins, our heartbreaks, and even those dreams we have for the future that we have never shared with anyone.

Let us tear down those walls and open the windows and doors and invite God into our hearts. Talk to God and lay everything on the table. Stop trying to hide anything from God. Stop pretending that we are better then we are. Have an honest relationship with God. He knows the truth so stop pretending that He doesn’t.

We are living in times that if we are going to make it, we need an honest relationship with God. It is time to stop living life on the surface and begin an intimate open relationship with our Heavenly Father. It is time to no longer want to enter Heaven by the skin our teeth so to speak and seek a personal and intimate relationship with God. Put aside this desire for a Sunday only relationship with God and instead, let us seek a daily, growing spiritual relationship with God. No longer should we seek to just be saved, but to be a tree sowed into the Holy Spirit growing with new fruits and new leaves spouting every day. God forbid that we live our lives content to be the same person we were on the first day of our salvation. Let us to seek to be growing and willing to take on the growing pains that allows us to blossom and grow tall and strong in our faith. To do this we have to stop being content to be newborn babies in the Lord and be willing to eat the meats of struggles from the Lord’s Table.

Yes, God will ask you to step out of your comfort zone, but when we take that first step and do so, we will find that we did not do this alone. God will be with us every step. There is a new level of joy when we seek to take our relationship with God to a new and intimate personal relationship. Stop living a Sunday only relationship with God and seek to know Him every day of the week.
Betty

Listening to the birds chatter, I am reminded that even in life’s struggles, God will shine a light of joy and wonder into our lives.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 25, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Another night with out sleep. I prayed for myself and others. Sleep did not come to a little this morning and yet I stopped fretting about not sleeping and rested in the presence of the Lord. I alternated between singing songs of praise in my mind and praying for others. When I let go of my frustration and accepted my circumstances, I relaxed. God did not want me to beg all night for sleep, but to be submissive to His will.

We can often find ourselves fighting against the will of God. A struggle and a battle that will bring nothing good. When we accept His will, we step out of the struggle and into peace. This morning I am lying in bed. There is a reason why God chose to allow me to have a sleepless night. I don’t know why but maybe it is not meant for me to know at this time. Maybe God wanted me to be willing to accept His will.

I had pain through out the night and even now as I lie here in bed. Pain is often a reason we cannot sleep. Even in pain we can relax in the arms of God. I have read on Facebook of so many friends who are suffering physically and emotionally at this time. So many hanging on to God’s hands and in spite of their suffering they know that God has not abandoned them.

I often talk about my pain and struggles not to acquire pity, but so that I can encourage fellow believers that though we are suffering, we are still in the hands of our Heavenly Father. When we share our struggles with our another, it gives us a chance to pray for one another and encourage each other in Christ, our Lord and Savior.

My dear friends, there is coming soon a day when our struggles and pain will cease. Until that day let us bear our cross with dignity and courage. We can allow God to work His plans in the midst of our suffering. There is a difference in sharing with one another our struggles and pain and being a complainer. Sharing is seeking another’s hand and offering to pray for them as they struggle just as we seek their prayers for our struggles. It is profitable to share and walk along side of fellow believers sharing words of comfort and reminded them that we are praying for them.

James 5:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Friends there is coming a day when all of God’s children will be healed. Our faith goes stronger when we are willing to accept God’s will on whether the healing will take place in this lifetime or in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 24, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

The Encourager

Today’s Daily Bread devotion was about Saul’s son, Jonathan. Jonathan was inline for the throne and not David, but God chose: David. Jonathan could have fought against David with his father, Saul. Or he could have stepped back and just allowed fate to happen. Choosing the attitude if David lives or dies, it is not my problem. But not only did he seek to protect David, he encouraged him.

In the family of God, there are those who are given the duty as Encourager. These people often do their job quietly in the background. Rev. Billy Graham could have not accomplished what he did without a person who was encouraging him through thick and thin. Anyone working in any form of Ministry, gets discouraged. There are times that quitting and stepping aside seems like the answer.

Being an encourager is not a job of glamor and prestige. There is no retirement award on earth for a life time encourager. Yet, while this spiritual gift is under rated on earth, its value is known in Heaven. We can all be encouragers. We can all seek from God open eyes, ears, and hearts for a fellow Christian who is in need of encouragement. Think of the times, you felt like quitting a job, and someone encouraged you. Their quiet sweet words and maybe a calming hug kept you fighting a war that you feared you would lose. Look around you and see if today you can encourage someone in their walk with Jesus. Step up and be an encourager.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 5:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 23, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Mercy

Last night on the news, the story was about a man who was due to be put to death last night for crimes he had committed. He had paid someone to kill his whole family, so he could inherit family money. Only his father survived. At first like others I thought he deserved no mercy. The appeal board recommended mercy and the Governor agreed, not for the man’s sake but for his father. If the man had been executed, the father would have lost all his family.

We are like that man. We deserve death, but God in His great mercy for us, sent His Son to die to save us from our sins and reconcile us to the Father. We have been granted great mercy, yet we are guilty of having a lack of mercy and kindness for others.

So many crimes are committed because of a lack of caring and mercy towards others. Even acts of road rage, start from an offense real or unreal that a person will not let go of. In anger they demand their justice and before you know it, one person is in the hospital or dead and the other is going to prison. How said that being cut off on the highway can lead to such dire consequences!

Should we not deal with people in the same mercy that we wish for ourselves?
This world would be so much better off if people did not allow petty things to accelerate to violence. There are causes worth fighting for. Freedom for ourselves and others, Religious freedoms, and justice for the poor and mistreated. A fist fight in the store for someone taking a cut in line is not it.

As Christians, let us pray that we will treat others with mercy and kindness.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 22, 2018

In a little bit I leave to go have a medical test. This test requires no food or drink this morning. I am being checked to see among many other things, why I wake up sick of my stomach. Between the queasiness and the knowledge I can’t drink anything, a coke is calling my name. It is almost like I am desperate for a Coke. Funny,isn’t it? But, as Christians we can find ourselves tempted to sin and the urge just as strong.

One thing we can know, without a doubt is, God never tempts us. It is our own lust and Satan’s urging. Hanging around the wrong crowd can also influence us to do what we would not normally do. People who work with kids, see that groups are more apt to do something wrong together then by themselves. One mentions the deed and then they encourage one another to commit the action. There is nothing wrong with having friends. The Bible encourages us to pick Christian, Godly friends who will encourage us to do right and now wrong.

God is not waiting for any excuse to slap our hands. He wants us to do good for His sake as well as our own. Sins can lead to problems and too much time in sin can lead to our destruction. Being a Christian does not mean we cannot laugh and have fun. We just avoid fun in unrighteousness.

Matthew 7:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

The world often embraces sin and encourages others to participate. Yet, when sin brings embarrassment, the world will flee and leave you to bear it alone. When we sin and seek forgiveness, even though we will bear the consequences, God will be with us.

It is so much better to avoid sin. Righteousness is it’s own reward and yet,God will reward us for our faithfulness. The closer we walk with God, the further we will be from the road that leads to destruction.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

No blog today. I am in pain. Will have medical test tomorrow.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 20, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

“No One Understands Me, Like Jesus”

I grew up in a loving home and both mom and dad worked hard to meet our needs. Feelings though were never actually addressed. I never remember a time either parent, told us not to talk about our feelings, yet feelings were not the normal discussion. Our physical needs were taking care of and we went to Church, regularly for our Spiritual needs.

The year, before my dad,he often told me his favorite song was: “No one understands me like Jesus. Dad and Mom were raised to be strong and stand on their own two feet. As dad grew frail, he begin to grow tired and weary. He needed Jesus to hold on to him. If I could go back to one of those days, I would wrap my arms around my dad and tell him that it was okay, not to always be strong. I would offer to listen to his needs and help him carry his burdens.
I never heard dad pray out loud, but just as the song says, I believe dad found comfort in quiet prayer.

I am like my parents. I hate to be a bother. Even at a restaurant, when the waitperson ask if I need anything, I have often said no, when my drink is empty.
I have eaten food that was cold or taste odd, rather then bring it to anyone’s attention.

We can be that way with God. We can be stumbling and feel as if we are over come by our needs and yet not seek God’s help. What does the Bible say about that?

(Jam 4:2) Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

(Luk 11:9) And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

1Jo 5:14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(Psa 37:4-5) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

1Jo 5:14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
(Psa 37:4-5) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

There is no reward in Heaven for trying to live out our lives, without ever asking God for help. This doesn’t meant we sit at home asking God to meet our needs without us working. It means asking God to bless the work that we do with our hands. We pray for God to open doors for us to work and prosper.
We just do not want to allow pride to keep us from sharing our needs with God. A good Christians friendship, is one where we pray for one another. It is okay to say we are struggling and seek prayer. Do not allow self pride or the fear of embarrassment to allow us to hide our needs and our pain.

While it is true that no one can ever understand us like God, it is also okay to ask for help from God and others.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

This last week, when Joy Beher, on the view, accused Christianity of being a mental illness, I was upset, as was many. When I got up today and started my chores, I begin to think about this. I felt God speak into my heart that this was no accident that led Joy to her conclusions.

The devil is working hard to prepare the world to think of Christianity as a mental illness that people must be cured of are be put down. You might say that is extreme. The Bible makes it clear that people will be executed for their faith in God,during the tribulation. If the rapture happened today, the world not accept the killing of thousands and thousands. The devil will use people like Joy to exclaim that Christians are mentally ill and they must be hospitalized against their will to be cured. When they are not cured from their faith they will slowly be euthanized. At the mid of the tribulation the Bible says the anti Christ will demand that all people worship him. Anyone who refuses will be publicly executed. This way, people will be terrified of not worshipping the anti Christ.

Christians, we need to realize that the world is preparing itself for this one world evil leader. Just as Hitler convinced Germany that all their problems were caused by the Jews, the anti Christ will convince people that the earth will turn into Heaven, when all those who refuse to worship him, are murdered.

What do we do now? We keep going about our jobs but we pray more for the lost. We ask God to prepare our hearts and help us grow spiritually. When people like Joy seeks to demonize Christianity, we remember she is being controlled by Satan. We should pray for her eyes to be opened to the truth.

Only God knows when the rapture will happen so we prepare for tomorrow but we live our life in a way that is pleasing to God. We daily ask forgiveness for our sins. Some people say don't think about the rapture, they say, it will happen when it does. Yes that is true but Jesus told the Church, when these things happen look up, because your redemption is coming soon.

Luke 21:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

For now, let us pray that God will guide us in the work that He wants us to accomplish. With the Holy Spirit living us, we can be that beacon of light that points the lost souls to Jesus.
Betty

Blessed to have a pair of doves at one of the feeders.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 18, 2018

Guilt

Guilt, past or present can derail us from the work God wants to do through us. Have you ever been laying in bed at night and out of the blue, the devil reminds you of something you did 25 plus years ago? You have sought forgiveness and obtained forgiveness years ago, too. The devil wants to have you fretting and worrying to the point that you cannot sleep. You spend half the night wondering what you could have done differently to prevented the sin and the other half, begging for forgiveness for a sin that has already been forgiven. Then you start to worry that you are not ‘good’ enough to work for God.

The devil has accomplished his mission. First of all, no one is good enough for God. He saves and redeems us so that He can welcome us into His family. His blood brings salvation to us, so that we can work for God. Second, we cannot go back in time and undo what is done. Think of this, while God wants none of us to sin, God often uses our past to help others. God never causes us to sin, EVER.
But, instead of throwing us away like a broken toy, He takes our brokenness and uses it to help us grow spiritually.

Let us not grief and torture ourselves over sins of the past, that have been covered by the blood of Christ. When the devil brings things up from the past, remind the old devil, God has forgiven and redeemed us and then refuse to think about it.

What about present sins? We seek forgiveness and make amends, where possible and move on. What if a loved one had committed a sin against you and asked your forgiveness, came and told you that they had not eaten in a week because of guilt? Would you not want to shake them like a doll and reminded them that you had already forgave them? You would be heartbroken that someone you loved was suffering over something that you had already forgiven and had moved on. We do this with God. God forgives us and we allow guilt take away our peace.

Seek forgiveness for your sins. Make amends when you can and move on. Let’s face it, we make enough mistakes and commit sins in our present so we do not need to make ourselves sick over past sins. There is no need to make our selves sick over any sin. We seek forgiveness and lay our sins and our guilt at Jesus feet.

There will be times that we sow fruit from past sins. Instead of allowing guilt to cripple us, we pray every day for those we hurt by our sins. We pray that God will keep us on the right path and we seek His perfect peace. Every person on earth has been affected in some way by the sins of others. We must not allow hurt and bitterness to grow in our hearts because of this. We forgive others, we forgive ourselves, and we pray for peace for them and us.

Guilt is not always bad. Guilt convicts us when we have committed a sin and have walked off the path we walk with God. Guilt is not meant to be used to beat us half to death. It is meant to stop us in our tracks. We seek God for where we have sinned and turned away from Him. We seek God’s forgiveness and then we turn away from our sins. Asking forgiveness and then going back to the sin does not bring repentance nor forgiveness. We MUST turn away from the sin. Walk away and leave it behind.

Guilt is useful but true repentance and forgiveness is where we want to be. Do not ask God to bless you in your sins. Leave your sins and walk in the righteousness of God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 17, 2018

This week some of the ladies on the View, compared Christianity, to mental illness. Joy Behar, considers herself a staunch democrat and a practicing Catholic. Catholic people believe that the Pope is God’s spokesperson on earth and that he literally speaks for God has the power to forgive sins. We know only God can forgive sins and not men or women. When our Vice President said that God speaks to him, she lashed out at him publicly like a rabid dog. God does speak to His children in many ways: through nature, through words from others, and through a quiet voice in our hearts.

Maybe it is because to admit that God is talking to mankind, she would have to admit that when God whispers in our ears that something is a sin, He means it.
To run under the podium of Democrats, you have to support that abortion should not only be legal but it is a righteous deed. She said in a speech last year when she spoke at a Planned Parent Center, that she was doing God’s work.

The God of the Bible would never support the killing of an unborn baby. I do believe that she no longer hears the voice of God.

Matthew 13:15 King James Version (KJV) 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

When a person refuses to hear the voice of God, because they do not want to be convicted, the Holy Spirit will reach a place that, He walks away from a person, for good. A person who grew up being taught right from wrong but refuses to listen to God, because their desire for power and popularity of mankind, has given their heart over to a depraved mind.

Romans 1:26-32 King James Version (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Publicly supporting abortion, is supporting murder of the unborn. Calling working for Planned Parenthood, God’s work, is a lie from the pit of hell. All over the world unborn babies are sacrificed at the altar of inconvenience.

Calling Christianity a mental illness is just the first step towards persecution of Christians. Some politicians already have asked the question, if Christians should be allowed to run for office. You cannot run for office or seek a new job and hide your faith and be right with God.

Matthew 10:33 King James Version (KJV)33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

You cannot live a Christian live privately and publicly proclaim sin as a righteous deed.

Joshua 24:15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

We cannot run around with sinful people all week and go to Church on Sunday and be righteous.

Matthew 6:24 King James Version (KJV)24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

If the Lord tarries, there is coming a day that we may have to publicly declare Jesus as our Savior. There will come a day that there is no going back for denying our faith in Jesus. Just remember there is nothing to be gained on earth that is worth an eternity in hell.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 16, 2018

It is almost 7:30 a.m. and I have been awake since before 6 hurting. So many of my friends and loved ones suffer from chronic pain. Pain becomes such a part of our daily lives, that pain is almost like an extra body part. Do we ever get used to it? In a way, yes. We reach a point that pain at the moment we wake up is a reminder we are still alive.

Is there anything positive about pain that wakes you and keeps you awake? Yes, it can be. Time awake can be used to talk to God and meditate on His great love for us. “Here I am, God, awake and hurting, so let’s talk.” We talk and then we silently listen to God. As we silently wait, God brings those to our minds to pray for. Praying for others when our bodies are suffering: What a concept?”

Yet, as we pray for others, our focus goes to God and others as we release our needs to Jesus. When our faith for our own healing is weak, our faith in God healing others, grows stronger. This is a good thing. As we communicate with
Our Heavenly Father, we begin to ease into peace of mind and heart.

Pain is apart of our lives, but it does not define us as a person. Nor does pain mean our faith and spiritual life is in danger. Strong Christians do suffer pain. We do not gage our spiritual health, by whether our bodies are healthy are not. It is our reaction to pain, that can showcase our spiritual health. Are we bitter and angry. God forbid! Never judge another Christian by their physical health. Even sinners can have perfect bodies and health. This body is a temporary house, that with age, often acquires illnesses and diseases. We run this race in pain and with sorrows, looking forward to our glorified bodies, which no disease, illness, or death, will ever touch.

As we await the day we see Jesus, face to face, we live in faith for our new bodies, and our new home in Heaven. Stay focused on our future in Heaven and trust God to be with us today.
Betty

Listening to the birds sing. I love it

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

The bird feeders are ready but no birds yet. Sitting and waiting on them. How often my friend, does God have to wait for us to call for help? We think why doesn’t God just step in and change things. God has given us freedom to choose our own decisions. Is it not our own fault, if we allow stubbornness and pride, keep us from seeking help? Do we want to live our whole spiritual life, as a bottle fed believers?

God want to help us. We just need to seek His help and guidance. There is a big difference between seeking guidance and help from God and us refusing to do anything. Do not wait until you have painted yourself into a corner to seek God’s help.

As we walk daily with God, we form a close companionship with Almighty God. What is more marvelous then a friendship with our Heavenly Father! God knows everything about us. We do not have to pretend around God. He knows all the good and the bad, and yet He loves us enough, to die for our sins. Let us not cheat ourselves out of a great relationship with God by not seeking His face and His companionship every day. Before we get out bed each day, talk to God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 14, 2018

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Ephesians 5:22-33 New International Version (NIV)
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Before God created the Church. He created marriage. Marriage is the closest thing there is to the love between God and His Children. Marriage is not the end to courtship, but the beginning of a lifetime commitment to one another. No marriage is perfect,and we learn how to be a good mate through trials and hardship. To have a successful marriage we must go into marriage with a life time commitment.

We honor our commitment to one another, by not putting ourselves in a position where an outsider can break our bond between one another. Protecting and honoring should be the second most important job we have, followed only after our commitment to God.

God wants us to have a healthy and successful marriage. We do this when we seek the guidance of God. We will have bad patches in our marriage. There will be times that our mate will say stupid stuff, forget important dates, leave a room a mess. Just as God is patient with us let us be patient with our mate.

Hope you and your mate have something special planned for today. We have had to reschedule ourselves because my tummy is being ornery. I have homemade chicken noodle soup cooking and we can watch a movie at home.

For those of you whose mate has passed on to Heaven, do something nice for yourself, in their memory. Go out to eat and go see a movie.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 13, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Awake and listening to the train whistle. Hubby retired from the railroad, except for the long hours, he loved his job. My mama lived closed to a railroad track and she said the train whistle made her sad. Hubby loved train sound. We all have different personalities and different thing make us sad or happy.

One thing we all had in common was that Jesus died to save all from sin. He died to safe us from eternity in hell. Sadly all will not accept His precious gift.

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV) 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1 John 1:9 King James Version (KJV)9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Salvation is not free. Jesus paid for salvation with His old blood poured out on the altar for all mankind. Yet some turn away from this gift. There is so many reasons that people give for refusing this gift. Pride is often the reason. Men and women want to live life on their own with no help and no one telling them what to.

The reality salvation doesn’t take away our freedom. It adds freedom in Christ.

Galatians 5:1 King James Version (KJV)5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

The biggest mistake we can ever make is to keep putting off salvation. No one know what tomorrow holds. The future can be gone like a leave floating in the wind. When it is your time to face God, are you ready to stand before Him to defend your self? When we accept Jesus, He is an advocate for us to the Father.

And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1 John 2:1

Our salvation is just too important to delay and neglect. Today is the day of salvation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 12, 2018

There is so many tiny birds in the tree in my neighbor’s yard, they look like flowers. At one feeder is a female Cardinal and the male Cardinal waiting. Such a pleasure for me to see God’s handy work right in front of my living room window.

In life there are times that our troubles, seem to hide God from us. God has not moved. What has happened is we have turned our focus from God to our troubles. The longer time we focus on our troubles, the bigger they will grow, and the smaller God will shrink, in our eyes.

There are no doubts that there are huge troubles we grow through. I would never belittle anyone’s troubles. Remember then, that God spoke the universe into existence, He can walk us through our troubles. Of course we would like for God to remove our troubles immediately. There are rare times that He does this. Most of the time, God wants us to be with us daily as we walk through our troubles.

Think about this. After we have gone through a long hard battle, when we look back before the trouble, we will find that we have grown spiritually. That we have grown kinder and sweeter because of the battle. If we are the same after the battle then before, that is a terrible shame. Maybe it is because we were determined to go through the battle alone. God calls out to us, to depend on Him, to seek His help. Or worse, we have become bitter and angry. At this point we must seek forgiveness and ask God to guide us in His way. How sad it would be to go through a battle and become not a better person through it! May God help us not to be so self reliant.

No matter where God has you walking today, singing praises to our Heavenly Father. Show reverence and respect to the God who created all things.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 11, 2018

It is 3 a.m. and awake with health issues. As I have begin to stop fretting and pushing back against sleep issues, I am finding these early hours, peaceful. I enjoy talking to God and praying for others. Then I play a few computers games. What a joy it is to relax in the presence of my Heavenly Father!

So many of us with health issues have trouble sleeping. I am blessed that when I do manage to sleep, I can sleep into the afternoon. This may be my new normal. As long as God is with me, I am at peace. I don’t remember words of songs, so I sing snippets of several hymns and praise and worship songs. I feel God’s presence in the midst of my singing.

Poor Hubby is falling several times a day, lately. He could use your prayers.
As we age we are both growing physically weaker. We depend more on each other and more on God. There is no one better One to lean on than Jesus our Savior.
Maybe health issues are away of God, getting us to rest more.

There is an old joke that says: “I am surprised how old my friends are getting to be who are the age I am”. Growing older is a gift from God. Instead fighting against growing older, let us grow older with grace and dignity. Keeping God ad our leader and protector.

Have a blessed Sunday and rejoice in His amazing love for us. We do serve a mighty God
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 10, 2018

It is 4:36 a.m. and my body is keeping me awake. There is something peaceful about being awake through the night. In the midst of the physical pain I am at peace. I lay here listening to the gentle rainfall and I think of my many blessings. At this moment I choose not to dwell on the discomfort and pain, but instead think of the goodness of our Heavenly Father.

I am reminded of the old Hymn: “Count your blessings”. When we start naming our many blessings, our hearts can be joyful. When we reject the temptation to dwell on our losses and our burdens, we can relaxed in the peacefulness of the moment.

There is no point of agonizing over why we are suffering. The answer will probably not be know into we get to Heaven. Then we will be so overwhelmed with the majesty of God that our earthly problems will disappear like the mist when the sun shines through the clouds.

In these times if we grow closer to God, we will feel His love overcome the doubts and fears we have. As we lean into His love our burdens lighten, because our focus becomes on our Savior and not our present situation. As we begin to pray for others, our steps become lighter and hope like a little sprig grows out of the darkness and despair of our lives. We can stop cursing the darkness and rejoice in new life coming up in our spiritual walk with our God and Father.

As the sprig grows we can begin to silent singing praises to God, even from our sick bed. “What a Mighty God We Serve” is not just words but a love letter from our heart to God. From the midst of our suffering we can offer up a song of praise to Jesus, who lived and died for our sins.

Although we pray for healing, our faith is not based on whether God chooses to bless us with healing in this world or in Heaven. We know no matter what we are growing through, we are not walking alone. When everyone else is asleep, we can have a quiet praise and prayer time, to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We can lay aside the question of why and honestly pray for God’s Will in our lives.

Whatever His will is, we can bear it in peace. Of course there will be times of doubts and despair, but we take our burdens to God and seek His help so that we can walk worthy of the Mission God has given us. Oh that God may say to us: “Well done my servant”. Every day let us pray that God will teach us how to be faithful to His Mission and to His Will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 9, 2018

This morning did not start out well. I woke up with Colitis issues. I dropped my tablet on my lip and busted it. Then I had a pity party for about 10 minutes. God helped me to realize how blessed I am. I am not a morning person and waking up sick is not my favorite thing, but I woke up. I have a new day to do God’s will. I am blessed to be retired so I can take nap later.

When we have bad times, take some time to feel sorrow. We are human beings and physical and emotional pain, hurts. Then step back and remember our blessings. We can choose to dwell on the bad, or we can remember the so many good things we have in our lives.

The beginning of our day does not have to define the whole day. When we step back and our grateful, when we praise God in the midst of embarrassment over our physical and emotional issues, we can be at peace in the midst of the storm.
It is so tempting to say no one understand our issues. That is a lie from the devil. The Bible says there is noting new under the sun. No matter our health issues, others are walking the same road and suffering the same pain and discomfort.
We decide whether to become bitter or if we praise God in the midst of the storm, is when we can suffer in peace.

I share my issues not for pity but to encourage others who are suffering variety of physical and emotional issues. You do not have to walk through your dark valley alone. God tells is to call out to Him and He will come and walk with us. We can choose to think we have it made or we can admit our weakness and seek God’s help. Trying to stand on our own strength does not make us a strong person. Admitting when we need help is a sign of strength.

Be blessed and remember whatever you are going through at the moment God wants to walk by our side, encouraging us with each step. Lay aside pride and admit we need God’s help and call out to Him. He will answer and He will come to be with us, every step.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 8, 2018

Watching a squirrel at the feeder outside my living room window. I have learned limiting my movement, makes the squirrel feel more secure. Many lessons we learn from God, when we are quiet and still, in His presence. I find being quiet when in God’s presence especially hard when I am going through a rough time. Instead of staying still and quiet, I find myself repeating my problem over and over to God. Surely, He must want to tell me to shut-up and listen. God in His kindness allows my to keep right on talking till I am exhausted. Then when I am too tired to speak, He speaks to me.

God is so kind to us in so many ways that we often do not realize them. Think about the nicest person you know and realize that God is still better then them. Not because your love one or friend isn’t generous and kind, but we all still live in a sinful body. God is completely righteous and Holy. We do not know what Holy and righteous truly means and will not, until we face God. He is the only true and righteous, One.

Look today for the little things God does for us. Just as the squirrels and birds bring me joy, find things through out the day to find joy. True joy doesn’t come from money and material things. It comes with a right relationship with Jesus and little things that bring a smile to our face.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 7, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Wednesday,

This afternoon, I went to the doctor. The Doctor did blood test and is scheduling a cath scan. I am just as sick as I went in this afternoon. The Doctor has to find out why I am so sick. Just like waiting for the test and results, we often have to wait on an answer to our prayers. It is hard waiting for answers to prayer, but by doing so we grow in spiritual health and patience.

God has a good reason for us to wait on answers. His timing is always best.
While we are waiting for answers, remember God still has us in His hands. He is not neglecting us. While we wait we can pray for our President and one another.
The more we talk to God, the more at peace we will be. Our Heavenly Father gives us joy, even when we are going through a battle. The knowledge that we are not fighting alone, should build up our spirit and soul.

If you have an prayer request, please me know in the comment section. I would love to pray for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 6, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Psalm 121:1 King James Version (KJV) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

When those little things like, car battery is dead, not being able to find your keys, etc. What is our reaction? Is it: Why me? Why God? You know I don’t need this today?

If we admit it to ourselves, we have used all of those. Mind you, your more likely to have these things happen when you are already late. The devil, knows just what will set us off. The best thing to do is call the person we are meeting with and tell and tell them we are running late. Sit down and ask God to help you.
Then you can calmly look for answers to the issues. Acting when we are frizzled and upset will not bring good results.

Beginning the day toking to God will make things easier, not perfect, we do not live in a perfect world. When we have already open communication with God, then it is easier to talk to Him about these issues. God wants to hear from us every day and not just when we have a problem. Remember the old Hymn: Tis so Sweet to talk to Jesus. Even a quick prayer can bring peace to our day.

Let us not neglect time alone with God. We can talk to God, even when we are driving, bathing, and even while working. With God we will never get a busy signal or and answer from and answer machine. He is always available for us.
We should be grateful for good days and seek God’s help on the bad days.

May God bless you and your families.
Betty
I have some tiny birds at the feeder and a squirrel.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February, 5, 2018

It is early in the morning and I am awake. It is peaceful lying in bed and quietly talking to God. God wants to meet us where are. Whether it is lying in bed, driving our car, or sitting in our office, God wants to whisper His love for us. God’s love is not fickle like mankind. Loving us when we are good and then disappearing when we are not. God’s love is consistent. Just as God made the sun to rise in the morning and the moon to shine in the evening. We can depend on God’s love.

God wants our love in return. He wants us to love Him, in good and bad times. Our spiritual health will be stronger when we do not fall in and out of love for God. In a marriage if one partner only loves the other, when they get what they want, the relationship will soon wither like a dying rose. Marriage takes effort to survive. We do not accidentally have a strong relationship with our mate. Neither do we accidentally have a strong relationship with God. It takes time and effort.

Our relationship with God should be closer then any relationship, even our marriage. In marriage we can be selfish and self centered. God Loves us with a pure heart. God does not want a part time relationship with us. He wants a full time and full heart relationship with us. The Bible makes it clear we can only serve one master. We cannot serve God on Church days and live for the devil the rest of the week.

Let us choose to serve God with all of our heart and souls. When we do this, we will have a joyful and peaceful attitude. When we put God first, everything will fall in place.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 4, 2018

It is 2:30 a.m. and I am awake. I had slept some. Unfortunately, I will probably miss Sunday Morning Service. but I have read Sunday’s devotion. I may not be able to sleep, but I can talk to God. With God’s help we can take a negative and make it a positive.

We can have the joy of the Lord, when we are hurting. We can have peace of mind and heart when we are grateful for what we have. It is good for us to be gentle and kind children of God, grateful for all God has done for us. When we are at peace, people want to be around us. Let’s face it angry and greedy people can **** the life out of you. The Lord knows our needs and if we ask, He will provide.

When we have one of those sleepless nights, let us use that time for prayer and meditation on God’s Holy Word. We are indeed blessed to be adopted into the Family of God. Rejoice in His kindness and many mercies, toward us. Listen to the voice of God who helps us remember, those who needs our prayers.

Think of sleepless nights as a time we can spend quietly with God. Time spent with God is never, wasted. Pray that God will open your hearts, to His calling and to His truths.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 3, 2018

I found out this morning that three people un-friended me on Facebook. I don’t know if it was my political post or my Christian post. Sad to see them go, but probably best for them. In my younger days I tried to be something I wasn’t to impress people. It was a disaster. No one was impressed and I felt like a fraud. It is better to be myself and let the chips fall.

In our Christian walk we can at times try to act like we are further along then we are. We may fool people for a short time but, the truth will come out. Why should we try to act like we are something we are not? The One whose opinion matters is Jesus and He knows us better than we know ourselves. Instead of pretended that we are further along in our Christian walk, let us work toward being what God wants us to be.

Knowing how well God knows us, should not scare us. It is so much easier to go to God knowing that He knows the worse about us and yet, He still loves us.
Of course we want to grow in the Lord so when we seek His face we ask Him to help us grow. Growing physically or spiritually causes birth pains. Remember than that Jesus is with you and He will sustain us.

In this world our spiritual opinions may cause us to lose friends, but we do not want to be one person for our Christian friends and another person for our worldly friends.

James 1:8 King James Version (KJV)8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:8 King James Version (KJV)Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Galatians 1:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Colossians 1:10 King James Version (KJV)10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

It is wise to want to be good to one another and treat each other kindly, but God must come first. If the ministry God gives you, causes you to lose friends, continue with your ministry, anyway. Pleasing God must be first our agenda.
A strong growing relationship with God should be our main priority.

Have a blessed day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Psalm 18:3 King James Version (KJV) 3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 2, 2018

I was really sick with the colitis, last night. I was awake till 3:30, but when I woke up this afternoon, I woke up feeling happy. My spirit felt refresh and I am ready to face what is left of the day. God is good to us, even if we suffer pain every day, there are days that we feel uplifted and happy.

Everyone has bad days. That is a part of life. We need to relish the good days and remember them when our day is bad. Even though I was so sick last night, I did not feel depressed or sorry for my self. Not because I am above being depressed or feeling sorry for myself. Believe me! God gave me peace in the midst of my suffering. In this life we will suffer, but Go is with us. We can talk to God during those times and seek peace of mind.

We watched the President’s speech. I was so disappointed when the Democrats refuse to stand for the families that lost their children to gang violence. They refused to stand when the President talked about improving our Country and they refused to stand for the 12 year old boy who started a drive to put wreaths on Veterans graves for Christmas. It broke my heart.

The sad thing, is the Democrat leader haves have become so bitter, that they would rather see America fall, then see something good happen under Trumps’s leadership. When the rapture happens, they will gladly give America to the anti-Christ, as long as He pushes their agenda. God did not make these people bitter and evil, they chose it because it helped in them obtaining power. They will be used for the anti-Christ’s agenda. If they realize their mistake, he will just have them killed.

One day these people will know the truth, but it will most likely be too late for them to obtain salvation. As children of God, we hurt to see what these people are doing, but we must remember these days are playing out as it is meant to be.
Of course we should pray for our Country and our Military.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

February 1, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Thursday,

Suffering

There are many people like me who have conditions that are not curable and who suffer daily. Suffering is not a punishment from God. We will not know why we suffer so much, in this life. Someday we can sit with Jesus and talk about it, This said, God can take us, that do suffer, daily, and use us for His Glory.

Our condition of our body is not the condition of our souls. I have know sweet women and men who have had conditions where they suffer every day, but their hearts are over flowing with their love for God. We have a choice whether to become bitter or to have a sweet spirit. Bitterness will eat you alive. A kind spirit and gentle spirit will give you inner peace. We can then share this gentle and kind spirit with others.

When someone says to us that we do not understand how bad they suffer, we can let them know in a loving way that we know suffering personally. We wake up every day suffering, but we know that God is with us and in His hands we can relax and trust Him. We can find joy in our suffering.

When we submit to the will of God, we can praise God, in the midst of suffering.
We can know that God has reasons why we go through our suffering, makes it easier to cope,

Have a blessed evening.
Good Night,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 31, 2018

“God will not give you more then you can bear.”

How many times have we said this? How many times have we heard this? Sounds good but untrue. Why? God never intended for us to walk this road of life, alone. Our Christian journey was always supposed to be a joint journey: us and God. God never said to us: “try doing this on your own and if you run into trouble, call on me”. God wants us to depend on God’s help every day.

What do we do when we see our friend or loved one going through a hard rough patch? If possible, we pray with them, that God will provide what they need to get through the situation with God’s help. Of course we pray for them, on our own. Praying for one another is a precious gift, that is often under rated and under used. Of course there are times that we can help. If your friend has no food, God says for us to provide food. If you see a person that hasn’t got a coat, and you have two, you should consider giving them one.

The devil will always give us troubles that are over our heads, but remember nothing is too hard, or too big for God to handle. When the devil whispers in your ear: “You can’t handle this!” Answer back: “You are right, but God can. God has your back. You may go through trying times. There will be times that the suffering is so hard you cry, but remember you are not alone. As the song says: “Cry out to Jesus!”. You may be in over your head, but God is with you.
Betty

Blessed by tiny birds at the feeder. Squirrels come every day and a dove, couple.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 30, 2018

I Don’t Know What Tomorrow Holds

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Read more: http://sweetslyrics.com/338129.Religious%20Music%20-%20I%20Know%20Who%20Holds%20Tomorrow.html#ixzz55fZ8FJDn

We have often stood at the end of the road, wondering, if we should go to the left or the right. Whatever the path we choose, will bring peace or joy, through Jesus our Savior and Guide. Unfortunately, we have to choose a path. Choices have to be made. Staying at the cross roads, permanently, is not an option. We have to choose.

Choices will always come with stress, but we can find peace when we put our trust in God. Tears may flow many times as we search for what choices, need to be made. But God brings us comfort and helps us make the right decision. Life is a journey and we come to many cross roads, but we are never alone. God is with us. When we step out in faith, He is still with us. We can lay aside our fears and put our trust in God.

We are not hopeless, We are not a paper boat being driven here and there by the wind and rain. We are God’s children and He does have plans for us and the right path for us. In faith, we willingly accept His ways.

We can step boldly into new directions, knowing God will not leave us or forsake us.
Betty

I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.

There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

And I know who holds my hand.

It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.

And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.

And I know who holds my hand...
Play "I Know Who Holds …"
on Apple Music

Read more: http://sweetslyrics.com/338129.Religious%20Music%20-%20I%20Know%20Who%20Holds%20Tomorrow.html#ixzz55fesh85p

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
January 29, 2018

Facing The Unknown

One of the hardest things to do is facing a situation where we do not know the outcome. We trust God, and yet if we admit it, it would be so much easier if we could sit and talk to God and ask Him what the outcome will be for our situation .
Whether it is a health scare, a job change, or moving, we feel helpless not knowing what the outcome will be in advance.

Waiting patiently is not easy. If we are not afraid enough on our own, the devil will scare us with video of bad outcomes in our minds. As soon as we feel we have peace, a new thought from the devil, pops into our heads. We find ourselves praying for peace of mind and seeking forgiveness for doubting God. If you are like me you will find yourself going back forth between the two prayers.
It is only when we are exhausted that we peacefully submit to God’s Will. Even then we can find ourselves in the same position, days later.

The devil doesn't just tempt us to doubt but comes time after time, wearing us down physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We can become sick with worry.
The more we come back to God for our help, the stronger we will grow. God does not grow tired and weary from us coming back time and time again with the same need. Never allow the devil to tempt you into not coming back to God when the same issue happens . We only lose, when we give up on God helping us.

The more we talk to God, we will be strengthen. The devil will come at us with varies temptations, until we die or the rapture happens. Until then keeping going to God with your needs and petitions.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Revelation 19:12-15King James Version (KJV)
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

As I was taking a bathe, this evening, I thought of these verses. I wondered why Jesus brought an army from Heaven, when He will defeat Satan and his armies with the Words that come out of His mouth.

I believe there are two reasons. In His love for His children, He is allowing us to be a part of the defeat of Satan, who worked so hard to destroy us when we lived on this world. The second is I believe, He wants to show off His children , to Satan and his armies.

During the tribulation, I believe Satan will work hard to convince those left on earth after the rapture that they are the good people. That the world threw off the evil people when millions disappeared. When we come back with Jesus, we will be clothe in the Lord God’s robes of white and His righteousness. The world will see with their own eyes the truth. The rapture was not about getting rid of bad people but of God calling His children home to Heaven. What a glorious day that will be for the redeemed.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 28, 2018

God Our Provider

Luke 12:27King James Version (KJV)27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Watching the little birds eating at the feeders, reminds me of how God provides for us. In His love He gives us jobs where we can make a difference and feel satisfied. Sometimes our job doesn’t make very much money but we gain satisfaction from helping others and sharing God’s love with others. In today’s world I imagine that it is harder to find a job that you can speak of God to others.
Yet, we can always pray for others.

I worked in a hospital taking patience to surgery and I never had an angry patient. In today’s world people who work in the service world, are often greeted with arrogant and angry people. These people need prayer. If you have to deal with these kind of people smile and pray silently. If you are inline behind someone like that, then pray for both of them. When it is your turn be gentle and kind with the worker and encourage them. All of us need encouragement at times.

Let us remember that God is our provider and have a grateful and thankful heart. It is so easy for us to take for granted the little things we have that make our lives so much easier. It is good for us to remember not everyone in the world can go to a faucet and get clean water. Praise God for what He has provide for us. We should not be consumed with what we think we want but have a grateful heart for what we have.

Our lives are not perfect. We all have our battles. As I sit here hurting, it is easy to feel sorry for myself. Then I remembered, I walked to my chair. I still have my 5 senses. In other words, pain aside, I have so much to be thankful for. I can have a pity party for all my health issues, which will only make me depressed, or I can have a praise time for all the things I can still do. We must choose whether we dwell on what we can no longer do, or whether we dwell on the many things we can do.

Be thankful ,children, in what ever Season we are living in. Whether we are young or senior citizens, we can be used by God, for His Glory. Our life does matter and we are NOT useless.
Betty

Luke 12:22-31King James Version (KJV)
22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 27, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

How Do We Find Out God’s Will?

I believe one of the biggest question Christians have is “What is God’s Will In My Life?” This is something we all struggle with. When we do something and it falls apart the first question we ask is: did I miss God’s will? Sometimes we did miss God’s Will and other times we are doing God’s will but under attack from the devil.

Many years ago, we bought a new house and three months later, Hubby lost his job. Many told me that we had missed God’s will. My youngest sister, Brenda, said she disagreed. She believed it was God’s will for us to go through that valley. Years later after so much took place, I realize that she was right. This hard valley produced spiritual changes in both of us that would not have happened, if we had not suffered losses and testing.

Everything can go right and yet we can be out of God’s will. Everything can go wrong and we can be in the will of God. We may not always see in this life why we go through a valley of tears, but we can choose how to react. When we go through the valley we can either run from God or grow closer to God. Our reactions in the valley determines if the valley will help us grow spiritually or kill our growth. We have to choose.

The closer we walk with God, the more secure we can be in our walk. Whether we are walking on the mountain top or barely moving through the dark valley, we can walk securely in the arms of God, when we put our complete trust in God.
When we seek to do what is pleasing to God, we will be more secure in our faith and our trust will grow.

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Putting God first in your life, and then allowing God to work things out is our best way. Of course when we are making decisions, we should pray that God will guide us in His will. We pray and then we trust Him to show us the way.
Betty

I slept good last night. Praise the Lord. It is raining but there is a tiny bird at the feeder.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 26, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Friday,

I saw my Doctor and got something to help me sleep and something to help prevent the pain. The pill for the pain has not worked but giving it time to take affect, taking the first pill for sleep tonight.

Lots of things take time. Getting healthy and spiritual growth doesn’t happen over night. God doesn’t give up on us even if we think our spiritual health is improving so slowly. When we pray for His will and His guidance, we can trust Him to work through us for our good. Be patient with yourself and don’t judge yourself so harshly. Take comfort knowing that God Loves you and is doing what is best for you.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 25, 2018

“Serve the Lord with Gladness”

Psalm 100:2Authorized (King James) Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

God wants to serve Him with gladness and with a song in our hearts. No! I don’t mean the song: “Working on a Chain Gang”. Just kidding, but at the same God does not want us to work for Him out of bitterness and a sense of obligation.
When we do something for God because we feel we have to and with an attitude that we would rather be anywhere then where we are, we have lost our reward for our service.

There are times that we are asked to do something that we do not want to do. If we feel God is calling us to do it, pray. Pray that God will, soften our hearts so that we can do the job out of a joyful heart. Cleaning the Church bathroom is working for God and there will be a reward, if we do the job in love.

Service to God is a privilege, but there will be times that we do not feel our best and we need God to encourage us in His Work. It is acceptable to pray for a joyful heart and that God will put a song of praise into our hearts. When He does this, we will find ourselves working for God with a song on our lips and a spring in our steps.

Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Praise the Lord and sing His praises as we work for God and our hearts will be overflowing with God’s peace and Joy.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 24, 2018

Matthew 11:28King James Version (KJV) 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Not only physical labor can make us feel weary, suffering, pain, strife, and discouragement can do that as well. God calls for us to come to Him, when we are weary. Come to Him to find refreshment.

Jeremiah 31:25King James Version (KJV) 25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.

Commune with God and He will encourage and refresh your soul and spirit. In His presence we will be revived and we will find joy. The peace that God gives is not like the peace of mankind.

John 14:27New International Version (NIV)27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

We live in a troubled world. Another School shooting, more and more rumors of war, are some of the indications of a sinful world on the wrong path. Though God has not called us out of this world yet, in the midst of the confusion, God wants to give us peace. We live in a confused and sinful world, but we can be at peace and not sin, if we are willing to accept God’s Will for our lives. When we turn our eyes off of the things around us and focus instead, on our Holy Father.

When we see the things that are happening in the world today, remember that they are just the birth pains. God has not lost control. When the devil seeks to trouble your spirit with these happenings, run to God.

Have a blessed evening. Find some time to refresh your spirit and your body.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 23, 2018

The birds this morning are happy and excited to be fed. Yes, the birds would survive with out the seed, but they love the little extras that come in the seeds, raisins and nuts. God gives us extras through out our day, because of His love for us. God does more for us then provide the basics of life, He provides those things that encourage us and makes us smile.

God sometimes, uses us, to bring that smile to others. When we begin our day, we ask God for His will in our lives and to use us for His glory. When our heart is open to the calling of God, God can use us to bring a moment of joy to others. Sharing the love of God is done many ways, but remember the Bible says that even a cup of water given in the Name of the Lord, will be blessed.

Sadly, the devil sometimes uses us to bring discouragement to others. A word said in judgment and not in love can crush a fellow believer. People who judge our motivation and intentions can cause us to doubt our ministry. We should pray every day that God will keep us from causing a fellow believer to stumble. We should also remind ourselves that it is impossible to know someone’s else’s heart’s motivation. Only God sees into the heart.

When we fail others, seek their forgiveness and God’s forgiveness. When other’s fail us forgive them, even if they do not seek forgiveness. Unforgiveness leads to bitterness and much bigger sins. Let us serve God and others out of a heart of love.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 22, 2018
Good Evening and Happy Monday,

2 Corinthians 4:8 [Full Chapter]. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Pain and breathing issues today, yet even as I struggle I feel God holding me up and protecting me. In our distress, our Heavenly Father, will keep us from falling. In pain, He will wrap His arms around us. We do not have to have every thing going right in our lives, to feel presence of God over flowing us with His love.

Psalm 91:4King James Version (KJV) 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Even if we were to fall God will catch us in His wings.

Deuteronomy 32:11Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.

Psalm 17:8
Verse Concepts
Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings
Psalm 36:7
Verse Concepts
How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 57:1
Verse Concepts
Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by.
Psalm 61:4
Verse Concepts
Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah.
Psalm 63:7
Verse Concepts
For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
Jeremiah 49:22
Verse Concepts
Behold, He will mount up and swoop like an eagle and spread out His wings against Bozrah; and the hearts of the mighty men of Edom in that day will be like the heart of a woman in labor.

We can be still and at peace even when we are facing difficulties. God has not forsaken us. He stays with us, even in the midst of our suffering. Our hope is in God our Heavenly Father. He will settle our spirit and bring peace to our hearts whether we are suffering physically, emotionally, or financially.

Come let us worship our God and our Savior. May we find comfort knowing that others love us and are praying for us.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 21, 2018

Lamentations 3:22-23King James Version (KJV)
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

God is always faithful to His Children

Mankind looks often at relationship with others with the thoughts”what have you done for me lately?” Mankind though over looks the many wondrous things God does for everyone His Children and sinners. As the Bible say: the rain falls on the just and the unjust. God blesses sinners as well as Christians. Often it is in answer to another’s prayers in behalf of the sinner. It is God’s mercy that sinners are not consumed. In God’s love for mankind, he waits patiently for sinners to come to Him for salvation.

2 Peter 3:9King James Version (KJV)9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Sadly many sinners believe because God has given them time to repent that they will get away forever for their rejection of salvation. There will come a day of facing God, where we will give account of our actions. Sinners will be judged on their sins and Christians will be judged on their works and motivation for the work.

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Judgment does not cross out the faithfulness of God. Sadly, there is reason to believe the people in hell will relive every time that God sent His Holy Spirit to them to call them to repentance. Some refuse out of pride. Some think they will get saved when they are old and have sown their wild oats. Some just refuse to believe in the existence of God. Our lack of faith does not change that God does exist and every person will stand before God One day. People will try to repent but it will be too late for forgiveness.

Romans 14:11King James Version (KJV) 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Salvation will not always be available. God is calling lost sinners to come to Him for redemption and restoration. Do not wait until time runs out.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 20, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday

“Where Does My Help Come From?”

Psalm 121King James Version (KJV)
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

When things go bad for awhile, I tend to forget that my help comes from God. We can get so tied up in our problems, that we forget that God of Heaven is the One who will help us get untied. Our problems can become so big in our mind, that we diminish God in our minds and see our problems as larger then God. It is when we step back and remind ourselves that we serve Almighty God, that we can see things as they truly are. Remember the old sing: “Turn Your Eyes Open Jesus”. When we stop staring at our problems and put our focus on God, then, we can lay aside worry, stress, and fear.

God doesn’t want His children to live day after day in fear and despair. He wants us to trust in Him. To trust in His love for us. To trust that He does have us safely in His hands. Whether we live or die we are and will be with God. We are not defined by our problems. We are not defined by our health. We are God’s children. This is who we are. The trials of this life will one day fade away, but our relationship with God will last eternity. Men and women will fail us, but God will never fail us. When we walk in this truth, we will be at peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday

Zechariah 4:1-7New King James Version (NKJV)
Vision of the Lampstand and Olive Trees
4 Now the angel who talked with me came back and wakened me, as a man who is wakened out of his sleep. 2 And he said to me, “What do you see?”
So I said, “I am looking, and there is a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top of it, and on the stand seven lamps with seven pipes to the seven lamps. 3 Two olive trees are by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left.” 4 So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, “What are these, my lord?”
5 Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?”
And I said, “No, my lord.”
6 So he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.

‘Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!
And he shall bring forth the capstone
With shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”

I have talked about troubles this week. Troubles from our standpoint, can be huge mountains or seas that we cannot cross. Nothing is too big for us when God opens doors. Whether He chooses to take us around the mountain or give us the strength to climb the mountain, He will provide away.

Today it is back up to 58 and the birds are singing and the dog even enjoyed a romp in the back yard. When we go through a trial, God will often give us a day like that. A day that we can just take a deep breath and enjoy nature. This quiet days renew our minds and spirit. We can take time to enjoy some time just having a pleasant talk with God. God’s grace is sufficient and He is with us during the rough times, but in His love for us, He gives us these days of peace.
Let us not take for granted these days.

When we are having a good day, let us remember to pray for one another. Of course we should pray for one another every day. But, let us not get caught up in reflection that we forget to pray for those whose day may be rough and challenging. What a joy it is to know that other people pray for us!
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Have you ever seen a animal being treated by a vet or rescue worker. The animal fights against the one who is trying to save them. It is often not until the animal is subdued by equipment or medication that the animal can be given the treatment for its injury. We can do the same some thing. We pray for an answer to a prayer but we struggle and fight trying to work it out by ourselves. Sometimes we do not give it up to God, until we are exhausted and truly at the end of our rope. This is the struggle I was in up for days. Literally sick from worry. When I let go that is when the peace came. Peace that just did not last long enough for me to get some sleep at 7:30 this morning, but peace that has warmed my heart all day.

I pray this will help you in your struggles and help you realize too, that we are not trusting God, if we are still making ourselves sick from worry.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

January 18, 2018

I still haven’t been to sleep, yet I feel at peace. I have spent some talking to God. Still waiting for an answer to my prayer, yet God has brought me to a quiet time of reflection. We can have peace of heart and mind, when we give it to Jesus. For two nights I struggled but God has brought me to His peace. His peace is a quiet relaxing peace. Sometimes we have to fight a battle to arrive at peace. We do not have to know how God is going to answer our prayers. We just need to relax in the knowledge that He will answer. He does have a plan.

Don’t give up, even it takes you days to submit to God’s will and find His peace. The struggle can be used by God to help us grow spiritually. Remind yourself that God is still on the throne and He is aware of our needs and our fears. Growth can be painful and the struggle is exhausting, but the peace God gives, is as sweet as honey.

We can safely put all of our trust in Jesus. He will not fail us. Talk to God. Tell Him your concerns, needs, and fears. He is never too busy to hear your prayers. Sometimes like me, you have to wait on the answer but, keep your faith in God.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  25  26  27 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement