Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Career Question

Author Topic: Career Question
yeshuaslavejeff
Advanced Member
Member # 4506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeshuaslavejeff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't seek any job, position, or anything that might require you to hurt another person. This includes, "believe it or not" not owning 'stock' on a market where the corporations/etc may cause someone else harm or loss.\

"Be Harmless as Doves"

--------------------
1Peter4:1,2 Yeshua suffered physical suffering:disciples have same mind/ willingness to share shame/physical suffering with Yeshua/His people.
Biblio:"willtherealhereticsplease standup?"byBercot(churchTruth)

Posts: 75 | From: tulsa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bee-Zee
First Post
Member # 11184

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bee-Zee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I wanted to find a place I could go to talk to fellow Christians about issues and problems and find the right direction. A little background to what's going on. I've been in the armed forces for over 7 years now and for the most part the whole time I have wanted to be a member of the Special Forces. Along my journey it just seemed that there were walls and things keeping me from obtaining the chance to o and try out. I met my Wife 5 and a half years into this journey and when we discussed my dream, she was completely set against it. Me going that route became a toxic subject and we just didn't talk about it because she would breakdown every time. Earlier this week when I went to work on Monday, on my desk was a application package with a note on it from the SF recruiter saying, "Fill this out and we need to talk. You're a perfect candidate." All I could think was "ALRIGHT!!! God finally wants me to do it!" But then I had to come home and talk to my Wife about it. No matter how calm and collected we both are we just can't seem to agree upon it. That is why I came here. Does anyone have any advice? Am I wrong in following this dream? I've prayed and prayed for guidance and for my Wife to get the same guidance I've received. She just hasn't received it. If anyone can offer some advice J would be eternally greatful!
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement