Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Zeal, Temperance and Readiness

Author Topic: Zeal, Temperance and Readiness
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Jesus expects us to live day by day as if we have years, but our soul needs to be ready in case Jesus comes back today. Does this make sense?
betty

Yes!

I was talking with the Lord and asking about things that I want to accomplish... including ministering to lost souls. I was wondering what if He returns before all is complete. The Lord simply comforted me with the thought that either way, it will be great. It will be great to do God's work in the earth, and it will be great to be before Him and hear "well done" and to enter into His joy.

But you are correct... our focus is on being good stewards with His talents and let Him carry the concern over the times.

I will try to relate it to my brother in the Lord.

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for this young man. While I believe it is possible for Jesus to appear before September, he needs to realize that God is not a God of Chaos and the Holy Spirit moves in an orderly manner. This young man needs to go to school. Jesus expects us to live day by day as if we have years, but our soul needs to be ready in case Jesus comes back today. Does this make sense?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 8 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A young man in our congregation has been consumed with zeal for the Lord... so much so that he gave up his athletic scholarship and dropped out of college to literally live in the church, immersing himself in the word 24/7.

While I appreciate his zeal... I often have encountered those who did not temper their zeal with knowledge. Not to criticize... but his behavior has gotten to the point where he disrupted a Sunday morning worship service because he felt he had to deliver a prophecy -- that Jesus would return this summmer, no later than a day in September, 2007.

When the pastor acknowledged him and asked him to refrain from disrupting the service further, he continued and had to be physically removed. This was not the first time something like this has happened.

I spoke with him and told him that there were a few issues to take under consideration:

No man knows the day and hour when Jesus will return (Matthew 24:35-37). I recall in the 1984 a group quoted that scripture, and added “but” and continued that they had special revelation. Of course, the Lord did not return in 1984 but continued to tarry. The same with Y-2-K.

The Bible says that things should be done decently and in order (1st Corinthians 14:39-40). It was out of order to interrupt the morning sermon... and even more so to continue even after the pastor had asked him to be quiet.

The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet (1st Corinthians 14:31-33). This young man considers himself a prophet and may very well have that gift and/or that calling... but a prophet does not lose control and cause confusion.

After we spoke, he seemed disappointed that I seemed to “disbelieve” his message -- but I told him that I understand that Jesus can come at any time... in 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 weeks, 10 months, 10 years... it is our job simply to be ready and to compel the lost to receive God’s great gift of salvation.

Pray for my brother that he may receive and operate in wisdom with understanding...

And pray that we all may be and remain ready... for we know not the day or hour.

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement