Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » May have been in a cult, Need Advice!

Author Topic: May have been in a cult, Need Advice!
bought@paid4
Advanced Member
Member # 6110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bought@paid4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abigailann:
[QB] Hello!

In 2000, i was gloriously saved by Christ the King. I was filled with the Spirit for 3 months and healed from alcoholism! But due to a variety of reasons, failed to apply or obey the Bible in my life! I divorced, got hooked on pain meds and was hospitalized for 3 years with Bi-polar disorder! I couldnt understand why my life got worse after salvation, now I understand I was back-slidden!

A friend from california, involved in spiritual warfare offered me to come out there ( 3000 miles from my family and son )to seek warfare help. I assumed this was a typical "casting out of demons" type ministry. I was misled! I took his offer, assuming it was a temporary move. They had other ideas.

When i arrived in Cali, I felt one inch from Hell! The head minister asked me to repent and when I did, I was filled with Gods intense LOVE! I was amazed that I was so niave that I didnt even understand repentance! Other GOOD things happened. This group cold-turkied me off all drugs. (Doctors prescribed for bi-polar and pain meds) He had so much faith in God that he felt cold turkey was OK! After 5 days up, God (or another force) put me into a supernatural sleep. I had a ball of emotional pain supernaturally extracted from my heart and had 3 demons cast out! I thought Hey, this is great, Im forgiven and God is working mightily. This is all a miracle. I felt great until...

The group claimed that I had MPD. Which is multple personalities! This ministry was not a simple casting out demons, but a ministry that believed in MPD and that God had undersdtood that I was broken into pieces. They claimed that I wasnt bi-polar, but a multiple! They said that I Had to stay in the ministry to GET FREE! I didnt buy into this at all, but they kept saying they saw me switch alters all day long? (mind u, im 40 and my closest relatives never saw this)--anyhow, they explained that the enemy traumatizes us when we are young and then we break into alters to cope. But each alter has a demon attached to it. So basically, i was filled with DEMONS! Their theory was that each alter had to say the sinners pray to become unified in CHrist and that if the alter didnt recite, that ALTER would GO TO HELL! Sound strange? U BET!

Anyone who wants to isolate you from your family is attempting to control you. Control is not from God. God gives free will. You are only one person, so how can you get saved many times? That's just goofy and unscriptural. This was an attempt to keep you under their control.

quote:
The one lady there was multiple (or acting?)--she had 7 year old alters come out and get this---these alters could READ MY MIND!
If anything that anyone tells you scares you, it is not from God. In 1. John the Word tells us that God's perfect love casts out fear because fear involves tourment. God's Word also tells us that if we fear we haven't understood God's love for us.

quote:

These alters had a supposed gift of prohecy! The thing is, she knew things about me no one else knew! I was scared! heres some prohecies and general advice these folks gave me:

The devil/demons can read your mind. I know many preachers want to argue with this, but he can. My guess would be that whatever she told you:

a) produced fear
b) produced a sense of condemnation in you

neither of those are from God. His perfect love casts out fear.

quote:

1) That they could see my dead Dad in the spiritual realm and he was not in Heaven or Hell, but outside the body Of Christ. He was in torment and they said I had the same heart. If I didnt lay down my life in their group, I would suffer the same eternal fate!

Where do you find such non-sense in the Bible?
Answer: You can't. If you can't find it in the Word, it is a lie. Paul said that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (for believers). For someone who has not been saved, hell is where they go. Jesus said in the book of John, "He that believes shall be saved, he that believes not shall be damned."

If you have trusted in what Jesus did for you to save you from your sins, and told him so, you have believed (that word means to trust in, rely on) in Him. If you've received Jesus as your Savior, that means you are saved. He is your Savior, not these strange people.

quote:

2 ) That God had chosen me, like paul! But i was to be raised up as a famous and sucessful musician for Christ!--if i layed my life down in their group.

You lay down your life as you knew it (worldly ways) for Jesus, no one else. Another attempt at control by them.

quote:

3) That my son is an IDOL! That the Bible calls for us to forsake all to follow Christ and only then was salvation secure. I used to cry about missing my son and they said things like: Its like abraham and Issac, Jacobs wrestling or the story of the rich young ruler. They even said they were suprised God did not kill my child because of my intial back-sliding, as in the David and Bathsheba story!

Cr@p , cr*p , all cr*p !!! God calls us to our families first and formost as far as earthy relationships go. God gave you a huge responsibility when He gave you a child. Abraham's trust in God was tested. You put your trust in God, not these people. If God has something to show you, he will show YOU. If ANYONE comes to you and say, "God said", you follow the Holy Spirit within you and the Word to know if it is from God or not. The Bible says not to believe everyone that says this (God says), or you will be deceived, and to try everything you are told to see if it is of God. If anyone ever discourages you from personally seeking God's will for your own life- RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care who they are!!!!!!!!!

quote:

4) All mentall illness are alters and demons.

5) Didnt believe in the police, Doctors or medicines. Claiming that Most police and Doctors are satanists and that medicines are worldly and will bring 7 spirits back worse than the first.

6) That if I left the group the devil would devour me (which did happen once) and that God would chastise me (which also happened, I believe when I first fell away)

7) Dont touch people as demon get exchanged that way...

All attempts to isolate and control you. This is what makes this a cult......... CONTROL, MANIPULATION, AND MIND GAMES, and LACK OF FREE WILL.

quote:

SO I left 5 weeks ago and u can imagine how messed up I am! Im waiting for Gods divine punishment daily.

Was this a cult? Did i do the right thing leaving? They seemed sincere and lived Godly lives, but I had eerie feelings about the woman that could read minds. They said it was Gods work, i wonder...

best thing you ever did, besides getting saved, was leaving this group. I'm surprised they didn't try to hold you hostage. Anyone who tries to control you through fear or otherwise is NOT wise to follow or listen to.

Do not be afraid of God. God loves you unconditionally, and perfectly, and completely.
Psalm 100: 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Jeremiah 31: 3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

I. John 4: 10; 19

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Psalm 130: 7- 8
O Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.

Romans 5: 8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still siners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2: 4- 7
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3: 18-19 May [you] be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height; to know the love of Christ which passes kowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

John 17:22-23 [Jesus said,] The glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

I. John 4: 17-19
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgement: because as he (Jesus) is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

Posts: 26 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winniethepooh
Community Member
Member # 6131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winniethepooh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very scary that people can take advantage of someone who trusts them. Unfortunately they don't see it as taking advantage of others because they are fully brainwashed and fully believe in what they are saying and doing and believe it to be good. I'm glad that you escaped while still physically intact. Unfortunatley, it will probably take time to put your spirituality, emotions and life back together. I will pray for the long journey ahead.
Posts: 15 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GOD's wrath should scare us... but the fact that it scares us enough to turn to HIM is a good thing. It means HE has called you and if you come he will never send you away.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Pr 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

God does not want us to remain at the beginning... he wants us to progress in faith from glory to glory...

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Loving GOD of course means that we obey and present our selves to HIM as living sacrifice...d enying our flesh and surrendering this life of ours to HIM for HIS purpose and service and Glory, but in that love and in the receiving of HIS love given to us through Christ, then there is no fear. We have put on HIS righteousness if we are born again.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigailann
Member # 6112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigailann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Linda, Calvery Chapel was the place that helped me escape this weird cult. I do have trouble with the Word, because when ever I read of Gods wrath I get scared. But I know God is real, I know I need Him and I Know life will not be a bed of roses. Thank You for your response.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did the right thing by leaving; yes, they sound very cultish.

There are a couple of things that you said that concern me.

It is a facilicy to think that because you are saved life will now be a bed of roses and if it is not is because you are being punished.

Look at the live of the Apostles. Their lives were hard. Almost all of them died through persecution. God does not promise us that there will be no bodily suffering in this life. He promises never to forsake us even when we are suffering. He promises that we can have inner peace and joy and hope in spite of all that may surround us in the way f bad circumstance.

Yes, if you sin there are consequinces in this life. And yes, if you are born again and fall into following the desires of your flesh, God will chasten you and that is very often painful, but is wrong to think that being saved guarantees us some freedom from hardships in this world it does not.

Salvation does guarantee us that GOD does work all things for HIS glory and our ultimate good, so if we look at the bad things that happen to us in this life, we can see GOD working that for HIS glory and our good.

I was abused as a child and this was not of GOD! But GOd did work what the enemy sent against me for good and today I have learned many things that are of GOD from having been through the fire so to speak.. things like forgiveness of the unforgivable, unconditional love, emapthy for the sinner and so on and so on.

You must get in the word. You must learn the word. Not what others say the word says, but you must open the book and study and pray and GOD will transform your life through the WORD.

GOD will free you from the desires to sin and cause you to want the things that he wants and not the things that your flesh wants and HE will do this through the WORD that you are never again in bondage to sin or the desires of your flesh.

If you are born again you are indwelled and sealed with the Holy Spirit of GOD unto the coming of Christ and yes, you may go through spiritual warfare, but you will not be overcome by it if you know the WORD. Jesus said man lives by every word that proceedeth from the Father.

There is such a thing as familiar spirits and that girl that you spoke of who could read your mind probably was being influenced by a familar spirit .

I dont know what else to say to you, except that you need to get your Bible open and pray and study and it would do you good to find a good Bible believing church with someone who can help you learn disciple ship, but the key thing here is that they are fundamental Bible believing in their doctrine. You might look for a Calvary Chapel. They have up to this point remained free of some of the apostasy that is out there.

I will pray for you.

Love in Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigailann
Member # 6112

Icon 9 posted      Profile for abigailann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

In 2000, i was gloriously saved by Christ the King. I was filled with the Spirit for 3 months and healed from alcoholism! But due to a variety of reasons, failed to apply or obey the Bible in my life! I divorced, got hooked on pain meds and was hospitalized for 3 years with Bi-polar disorder! I couldnt understand why my life got worse after salvation, now I understand I was back-slidden!

A friend from california, involved in spiritual warfare offered me to come out there ( 3000 miles from my family and son )to seek warfare help. I assumed this was a typical "casting out of demons" type ministry. I was misled! I took his offer, assuming it was a temporary move. They had other ideas.

When i arrived in Cali, I felt one inch from Hell! The head minister asked me to repent and when I did, I was filled with Gods intense LOVE! I was amazed that I was so niave that I didnt even understand repentance! Other GOOD things happened. This group cold-turkied me off all drugs. (Doctors prescribed for bi-polar and pain meds) He had so much faith in God that he felt cold turkey was OK! After 5 days up, God (or another force) put me into a supernatural sleep. I had a ball of emotional pain supernaturally extracted from my heart and had 3 demons cast out! I thought Hey, this is great, Im forgiven and God is working mightily. This is all a miracle. I felt great until...

The group claimed that I had MPD. Which is multple personalities! This ministry was not a simple casting out demons, but a ministry that believed in MPD and that God had undersdtood that I was broken into pieces. They claimed that I wasnt bi-polar, but a multiple! They said that I Had to stay in the ministry to GET FREE! I didnt buy into this at all, but they kept saying they saw me switch alters all day long? (mind u, im 40 and my closest relatives never saw this)--anyhow, they explained that the enemy traumatizes us when we are young and then we break into alters to cope. But each alter has a demon attached to it. So basically, i was filled with DEMONS! Their theory was that each alter had to say the sinners pray to become unified in CHrist and that if the alter didnt recite, that ALTER would GO TO HELL! Sound strange? U BET!

The one lady there was multiple (or acting?)--she had 7 year old alters come out and get this---these alters could READ MY MIND! These alters had a supposed gift of prohecy! The thing is, she knew things about me no one else knew! I was scared! heres some prohecies and general advice these folks gave me:

1) That they could see my dead Dad in the spiritual realm and he was not in Heaven or Hell, but outside the body Of Christ. He was in torment and they said I had the same heart. If I didnt lay down my life in their group, I would suffer the same eternal fate!

2 ) That God had chosen me, like paul! But i was to be raised up as a famous and sucessful musician for Christ!--if i layed my life down in their group.

3) That my son is an IDOL! That the Bible calls for us to forsake all to follow Christ and only then was salvation secure. I used to cry about missing my son and they said things like: Its like abraham and Issac, Jacobs wrestling or the story of the rich young ruler. They even said they were suprised God did not kill my child because of my intial back-sliding, as in the David and Bathsheba story!

4) All mentall illness are alters and demons.

5) Didnt believe in the police, Doctors or medicines. Claiming that Most police and Doctors are satanists and that medicines are worldly and will bring 7 spirits back worse than the first.

6) That if I left the group the devil would devour me (which did happen once) and that God would chastise me (which also happened, I believe when I first fell away)

7) Dont touch people as demon get exchanged that way...

The list is endless. but u get the gist of it.
I have never been diagnoised MPD, but they said that my medicines kept them down. Everything was spiritual, all black and white. Nothing gray with these folks.

Well, i waited for my alters to pop out and they never did. (altho the group claimed I was switching all day long)

SO I left 5 weeks ago and u can imagine how messed up I am! Im waiting for Gods divine punishment daily.

Was this a cult? Did i do the right thing leaving? They seemed sincere and lived Godly lives, but I had eerie feelings about the woman that could read minds. They said it was Gods work, i wonder...

heres two links regarding this controversial new movement.

http://www.realdeliverance.com/mpd.shtml

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/mpd.html

Please comment, because im scared and confused!

Thx

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement