Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » New Member, Introductions! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Member, Introductions!
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greeting and Salutations Voxman41

Welcome to the Message Boards. It is good to have you here among us.

My sincere hope is that we can offer you insight and learning to your questions on faith, and the Word of God.

I can not express how proud I am of you for overcoming your addiction to drugs, and your ascension to divinity of becoming a Christian, I shall do my best to pour you a pure glass of Milk to fill your soul and spirit.

Since it is SoftTouch that has pointed you here, I am sure she has warned you about my views and opinions of the Christian Faith, mostly regarding what is and is not sinful. But know that my heart and my soul are towards God and Jesus, regardless of what else might come. Like all people we shall disagree on our paths in this life, and in the end of things, at best, we can at least accept each others as Bothers and Sister in the faith, and if all else fails, we can agree to disagree.

I would like to say, there is no such thing as “Blind Faith” to a Christian, for you did as you chose to do, because you saw it as the way you wanted to live your life, there is no blindness to your actions, we can become confused at this time in our lives, because when our eyes open for the first time, and with the eyes of a new born infant we see the world clearly as our Lord and God intended us to for the first time in our lives, the sight can be blinding, but it is never in blindness we find our salvation.

As for the ramifications of your actions, like some (Myself included) it might take many years before you truly see the effect your choice has taken upon you, every day, I grow a little bit, and learn a little bit, and see new things for the first time, like a child exploring my world, the world of my soul and drinking the nectar of the wisdom of God and Christ, I grow, but like a child, we do not see the changes by day, but after we have journeyed a while and look back along our path in life, and see how our steps have changed, from the feet of a toddler staggering around, to the strong strides of a Man of the Lord.

Welcome and Blessing be upon you.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Home Vox! I'm so glad you made it here [Smile] That was quite an experience you've been through!

Don't worry Little Brother! It takes time to learn and the Lord works with each of us at His own pace. If you should start to doubt or worry (and All of us do from time to time) hang on to this verse...

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6

We're all HIS work in progress [Wink] I look forward to getting to know you better!

Your Sis in Messiah,
Deb

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
voxman41
Advanced Member
Member # 3545

Icon 10 posted      Profile for voxman41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm voxman41 and I live in West Des Moines, Iowa. I just joined this site today and want to thank Softtouch for showing me this site. I recently accepted Christ as my saviour and believe in God now. For those who are scratching thier heads ATM, I've been an atheist for my whole life. I spent the last 23 years as a drug addict. Last year, I went to treatment, discovered Narcotics Anoymous and became employable again. The job I got was thru the treatment center and as luck would have it, my bosses were both believers. They turned me onto the bible, and were willing to answer any questions I had on the subject. I took awhile for me to get there, and thru my NA meetings we learned the value of developing a spiritual life. I remember telling my boss one morning that I believed that spritiuality would lead me to God if I was meant to find him. I started attending my boss' church and a month ago, heard something that hit a nerve in me. So now I believe. Of course, that doesn't mean I understand the ramifacations of my actions. I think ATM it's more a case of blind faith, but am willing to learn. So anyway, that's my brief story. [type]
Posts: 22 | From: West Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mills.

Welcome to the Boards, glad to have you here among us.

I hope that you will enjoy yourself here, as we shall enjoy having you here.

I look foward to what ever we might be talking about.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mills
Member # 3124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi my name is Mills (yes I am female). I'm from South Carolina. My family has been in South Carolina for many generations.

I'm married and have two beautiful children. One girl and one boy. The Lord has richly blessed me because at the age of 16 I was told that I would never have children. Instead of consulting a Doctor again I consulted God. He saw fit to give me the boy and girl that I desired.

I work for a local business in my office. I mainly do FCC licensing and renewals. Purchasing is another one of my titles. My previous work was in the Dental Field and I worked in that field for almost eight years. I've been at my present job for 2 years now and this is where I hope to stay.

My faith is strong. I've been a christian for some time now. Having a close relationship with the Lord and raising my two children in his care are two of the most important things to me.

This is a great website.

--------------------
The light in the eyes of him whose heart is joyful, rejoices the heart of others.
--Proverbs 15:30

Posts: 4 | From: myrtle beach, sc | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katz
Advanced Member
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi *wave* i'm Tyme's wife [Kiss]

--------------------
Canst thou bind the unicorn...? Job 39:10
handmade beaded jewelry
save a misunderstood dog today!

Posts: 28 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

:: Looks at the Angel behind him ::

"he sais My feathers, not yours, relax, and put that sword away"

Good to see you Sorry.

I mostly hang out in the Bible Topics area, as that is what I enjoy the most.

I'll be wandering around, as more time permits.

Tyme.

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Hello Sorry.

Glad to see you here, and thank you for your interoduction.

I hope to hear more from you in the future. Maybe we can ruffle each others feathers about music, movies, and others things.

Tyme.

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

That is a Great Idea "Help"

I think "Intro's" should be it's own "Sections" so that new members have a place to post and it does not get lost in the bustle.

Ohh yah, who controls this forum anyway, I have some suggestions, I would like to offer can you tell me where to post them?

Tyme.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome everybody. I noticed that there were 9 Hi I am new threads opened in the General Forum today. I am going to make this a feature topic that should remain on top. I am hoping that we can keep introductions in this one thread. That way when someone looks at the today's current topic's page they see all the topics and not a whole page of Hi I am new with the others forced over to a second page.

Plus it makes it much easier to see who is new if everyone is meeting in one room.

I hope that made sense!

[clap2] Anyway! Hi Y' all (that is South Dakotan for Howdy! [thumbsup2] )Welcome to the Board!!! [clap2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

(this post is late because I just became a member, and JUST discovred that little scroll down thing that lets me look past todays topics)

Hello Ambariel.

Welcome, I'd hug you with a warm and fuzzy welcome, but alis will you settle for a simple

:: Hug :: as assume it's from the heart.

I look foward to talking with you, and getting you know you here.

as for the Music. Heavy Metal, is just music, do all things because you enjoy them, know in your heart where you faith lies, and nothing can turn you.

as for the Game, Everquest, DAoC, Shadowbane, or what ever you wish to play online. There is nothign wrong with any game you play, as long as you understand, it's only a game, no diffrent then reading a book, or watching a movie, just a means of simple enjoyment.

You have my deepest sympthese, about your previous feelings and expirences, and I know exactly what you mean. When you stand alone defending your faith, and feel the world is against you.(With the few other Christians out there going "Yah, your all gonna burn, now go away" which never seemed to help my case)

I make this promise to you, I will provide you as much spiritual help and aid as I can.

we will disagree, as all people do about matters of faith, but we share a common ground, and that is our love and aprication for the salvation of Christ.

This is my hope as you are my christian (Umm not sure, Brother or Sister on this) (sorry on that part.)

But welcome and bring your self a chair.

You are home among those that will love you and accept you.

it is my hope that we can all learn a bit from each other, that is part of the journey we take in life.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambariel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm just took 3 weeks for a reply to my thread (sigh).

RPGs don't have to be a bad thing - I take my faith in-game with me. Call it a ministry to those who might not otherwise hear the Word in-game.

--------------------
Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.

Posts: 20 | From: Nashville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Ambriel

It sounds to me like you are one very frustrated musician who needs to find a church which would help you into a music ministry. If you can get there, take yourself to the River Church at Music City in Nashville - it is in the Centre - It is run by Dony and Reba Rambo Mcguire and pretty lively. (Quite a variety of young people in youth group and older people too).

I would avoid those role play games . They are not really healthy and because you are focusing on being attacked rather than having a person involved in these things coming to you to hear about Jesus then that is what the problem is. I think it sounds like you need to find healthy online and offline friends that are into Christian things.

Love in Jesus
Annointedlady

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ambariel:
Hello there!

I'm Ambariel and I live in Tennessee.

I have been around the internet and back and looks like I have finally found a christian BB that has more than five members actually posting, which is great. When things get slow at work or at home I do like to take part in discussions.

Hi Ambariel!

I've only been on here a couple of months myself, but welcome aboard! I thought it was pretty amusing, then reliazed, pretty sad, about your "more than five members actually posting" remark because it is so true.

I have been to so many Christian websites that have message forums (even commercial sites) and they are completely dead. Tried it myself (and I get a fair amount of traffic) and have talked with other webmasters who have tried it. It just seems that Christians do not like to participate in message forums. This one is definately unique. Perhaps it is because of the events that you experienced that they stay away. It is sad, because there are so many non-Christian message forums that always seem to be full of activity, but nothing in the Christian ones.

You'll notice it is not all peace and harmony here; there is a lot of debating that goes on. But at least we all love Jesus and that is the difference between here and the other boards you experienced.

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ambariel
Community Member
Member # 2345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambariel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there!

**Forgive me while I hijack your post Ambariel. Just wanted to let everyone know that we now have a section of the boards just for introductions.. be sure to introduce yurself there too! --salti**

I'm Ambariel and I live in Tennessee.

I have been around the internet and back and looks like I have finally found a christian BB that has more than five members actually posting, which is great. When things get slow at work or at home I do like to take part in discussions.

Over the last few years, I have been slowly learning the lessons of where I'm supposed to be, and where I'm not supposed to be.

I am a trained singer and spent some time in Nashville trying to make it in country music, but have kind of given up, it's a hard life and I am a person who wants to have a comfortable home and some decent clothing and some spending money in my pocket, so I got a real job and just do an occasional writer's night or something for pure enjoyment.

Music has always been a big part of my life and due in part to my siblings' influence, and my own personal tastes, I have been a fan of hard rock and metal for years, in addition to country, classical, and bluegrass.

To that end, some time ago, I started visiting and posting at the home page of a particular heavy metal singer who I have always thought had a really incredible voice. It's not necessary to name who it is, but let's just say that over time, I was shocked back to reality when I realized how many fans of this person were into wicca, paganism, were atheists, or were just completely hostile to christianity in general. Well, the battle was joined: I am not shy, and I have pretty thick spiritual armor and I did my absolute best to defend the faith. But eventually I grew tired of the pack of hyenas I was having to argue with, and how their attacks grew increasingly personal.

"Blessed are you when men revile you for My sake" was a verse that gave me comfort, but I'm not completely immune to having hurt feelings. Eventually I could simply take no more: I was the only christian there willing to defend the faith, and some of the song titles this artist was putting out were increasingly disturbing to me. It became suddenly very obvious that I was just in the wrong place, and wasn't doing myself any real spiritual good there, other than them heaping blessings on me by abusing me for defending Jesus. (though that's probably more good for me than I'll know in this lifetime).

Well my little brother (who lives away from me) got me interested in playing this online game with him so we could spend a little more time together. Some of you may have heard of it, it's called EverQuest and it's from Sony. A really spectacular role-playing style game, I will talk about it in another thread. To make an increasingly long story shorter, I thought, well, this is a lot of fun, and found BBs that had to do with the video game.

Now, I take my religion with me into the game. If you select my character, she will tell you that I'm a christian who heals the injured, feeds the hungry, and helps out newbie players, and I do, I don't see why you can't be a christian everywhere you go, and I take my faith in game with me.

So I found a new BB for EverQuest and became a member of that community, and all seemed ok until the subject of religion came up. I gave my thoughts and was instantly attacked by five or six people who were into wicca, paganism, deism, or were atheists. It was same old, same old. Again, I fought the fight for as long as I could until the attacks became personal, and a little creepy to me. I moved on, found another site that seemed very positive, so much that I asked to be a moderator, determined to keep things on a much more positive level, and for a while, I was successful. Until religious discussions came up...someone posted a quiz that showed you "what level of Hell from Dante's Inferno you would be sent to". I did not much like that, because it put no weight on repentance, and did not allow for Grace. That started a new battle, as people were proudly displaying results of what level of Hell they were sent to, apparently in delight. I could scarcely believe it.

Well, we are back to the "same old same old" there, I am obviously the only christian there willing to stand their ground and defend the faith, and I just can't stand it anymore. I really need to be among fellow Christians and I think that's what God wants for me, so again, I've moved on.

And it brought me here.

I never knew there were such folk in real life. I'd never met people like that before I got on the internet. I never met people like that in high school, or college. I never knew such evil existed. I never met such scorn, hatred, derision, and venom before. It was suffocating.

I hope I've finally found a home where I belong.

[ December 29, 2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Salti ]

--------------------
Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.

Posts: 20 | From: Nashville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement