Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » New Member, Introductions! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New Member, Introductions!
UCA4J
Member # 16133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UCA4J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou
Posts: 4 | From: Newcastle, Australia | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome [clap2]
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UCA4J:
hello.
found this site/forum, while doing a search for Revelation.
am from Australia.

Welcome to the board UCA4J

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UCA4J
Member # 16133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UCA4J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello.
found this site/forum, while doing a search for Revelation.
am from Australia.

Posts: 4 | From: Newcastle, Australia | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ablorba
Advanced Member
Member # 14122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ablorba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to share in this bulletin board. Some of the topics can intimidate me, but I can be opinionated too. Hopefully it will out to be love with wisdom and wisdom with love. Hello!
-Sacramento Pine

Posts: 54 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endure2TheEnd
Community Member
Member # 13881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endure2TheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Trevor and rodOfIron! I'm 39, married 15 years to a woman I don't deserve, and wonder how she keeps loving me sometimes. [Smile]

Actually, I think I know why. It's because the love of God is in her heart. I'm so grateful.

Though we may be small in number on this forum (for now), with God on our side we are not outnumbered!

Posts: 15 | From: AZ | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rodofiron
Member # 13879

Icon 21 posted      Profile for rodofiron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tks Betty Lou!!
How bout dem Houston Cougars?
Beat dem OU Sooners! [wave3]

Posts: 6 | From: Okla | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I am 64, been married 46 years. Two kids two grandkids and one great grand child. Live in Texas.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rodofiron
Member # 13879

Icon 14 posted      Profile for rodofiron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow another introduction post this one jumps from 2013 to 2016??

My friends call me T Ray, I'm 60, boys all grown not married, been in ministry 35 yrs. Found this site by accident, just hanging out listening, not to tech savvy but I'll figure it all out?! Good to know ya!
Much love

[clap2]

Posts: 6 | From: Okla | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Welcome, Trever.

I am 64
Betty

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 7 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] Hello Trevor it is great to have you join us here. I look forward to reading your posts. Hope you have a wonderful day.

David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tr3vHuston19
First Post
Member # 13727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tr3vHuston19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! My name is Trevor. I am 19 years old and live in North Carolina with my family. I just joined this site last month, because when I first visited. It was very inviting, and everyone is nice.

I have a strong love for God. He has, and continues to do amazing things in my life.

I also go to an amazing church, with great friends.

I look forward to meeting and talking with you all. Blessings.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Helen [wave3] Welcome to the Christian BBS. We look forward to sharing our love and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ with you. Feel free to participate in ongoing discussions. Dive in!
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HelenT
Member # 10992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelenT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello there...newbie here from California.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe were restless because we are not doing all we are meant to do. We are holding back because people might think were crazy. If you feel weird because of it join the world. If not take that adventure God is calling you too. If you can't do what your vision is yet don't lose hope. There's a time for everything and we are in the last days.
We need more people to be all out for God. To lead that life committed fully to the leading of the Holy Spirit. God sometimes asks great things and then he sometimes makes small things great. Whatever he is asking take the calling, and do it with his blessing. Praise God from whom All blessings flow.

Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Port Moresby
Community Member
Member # 10544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Port Moresby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings,

I live in New Orleans where my wife and I run a Bed and Breakfast.
My hobbies are literature, my three cats and sampling the delicious food of Southern Louisiana.
I also enjoy old-school Jazz music ( I am a huge fan of Chet Baker). I have tried several Christian discussion boards, but so far they have all been disappointing to me. There's so much anger and outright hostility out there on the Internet.
I am searching for a place where reasonable adults can have a civil discussion, even though they might not agree on all things.

I hope this place is it.

Port

--------------------
Reach out, pierce the thin veil of the sheltering sky

Posts: 18 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo1952:
I hope im doing this right i;m a real new member i'm almost 60 (11/2 )Happly married (well 99% of the time) 4 adult kids going to lenchwood church of GOD (anderson)22+ years clean &solber work f/t at leupold&steven

Hello Gary and welcome to the Christian BBS. God bless you and deepest congrats on the sobriety.

I am Drew, married 40 years to my child bride, father of three, grandfather of 8, and great-grandfather of two.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bilbo1952
Member # 10126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bilbo1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope im doing this right i;m a real new member i'm almost 60 (11/2 )Happly married (well 99% of the time) 4 adult kids going to lenchwood church of GOD (anderson)22+ years clean &solber work f/t at leupold&steven

--------------------
Gary Williamson

Posts: 4 | From: portland oregon | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagdaTNM
Member # 9749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagdaTNM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I have no desire to dance about with my hair on fire - but I have seen similar displays. (Many involving fire, come to think of it.) I’m just wondering if other people out there get worn out by the mainstream life like I do. For so much of my life I’ve had to be careful not to “weird the mundanes” or “spook the straights.” Now I AM a mundane. I like it in that I’m surrounded by loving brethren and sistren. It just wears me out sometimes, then I start to feel lonely.

--------------------
Tamara

Posts: 3 | From: Dallas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I always say sanity is over rated. [Wink]
betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Welcome, Tamara.

You can be a Christian have fun. Just put a candle on your head and dance in your living room. Seriously, my family is a bunch of weird-0s who love the Lord.
betty

--------------------

MagdaTNM
Member # 9749

Icon 20 posted      Profile for MagdaTNM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I apologize if I’m doing this wrong. I’m just looking to hang out with some believers. I suppose I could do that at church too, but places like this are just easier.

I came from a background that most would consider pretty strange. Of course we all come to Christ from our own little sub-cultures –whatever they are. Some come out of a life of clubbing, or more intellectual sub-cultures but we all get redeemed into Christ. Me- I used to dance a lot at Goth clubs and I still love dancing. I would hang out with pagans, Wiccans, and folks of various “alternative spiritual paths.” I loved going to Ren-faires and staying for the after party, especially if they had a drum circle. I’ve gone camping at the Gathering, ran lights for a band at Burning Man, and danced round the Beltane fire. Like I said – pretty strange and dark.

Now you might well think that some sub-cultures are more dangerous than others and you’d be right. The Lord rescued me from that darkness and I don’t miss it. I am now a member of an incredibly supportive church family in Dallas. They have a Single Parent Family ministry and a recovery ministry that has helped in my healing so much. With so much normalcy and support you think I’d be perfectly comfortable there, but the truth is I’m restless. I don’t miss the darkness, or the danger, and I certainly don’t miss the set of expectations that went with the lifestyle. I have to admit that I do miss hanging out with freaks.

Is that strange – to miss the people? I miss their craziness and their humor. I miss their attitude. – If someone were to suddenly decide to put a candle on their head and start dancing around like a loony, no one would bat an eye or even interrupt the conversation. In fact they’d be more likely to join them than do anything else. With neurologically a-typical friends, all manner of weirdness became acceptable so long as you didn’t hurt anyone. That’s what I miss. Hanging out with straight, cool, intelligent, normal people is safe and sweet but, honestly sometimes it exhausts me.

So, am I the only wierdo who feels like this? Surely there are other believers whom Christ has rescued, that perhaps find themselves running low on “normal” from time to time.

--------------------
Tamara

Posts: 3 | From: Dallas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chrispy0515 [Smile] Welcome to the Christian BBS!
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chrispy0515
Advanced Member
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrispy0515         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings everyone; I am a life long believer and ex-church goer in search of a good hangout and this looks as good as any.

--------------------
Taking Things One Day At A Time.

Posts: 38 | From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok sent [Smile]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Email is fine with me [Smile]

I'ma sending you an email now so that you have my email address [Smile]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apilgrim2
Advanced Member
Member # 7182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apilgrim2   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Pat . . . While I do have a fascination with language in general, I do not speak French . . . I DO love to hear it spoken, and if I could fit twenty-eight hours in a 24hr day I would learn to speak Greek, Hebrew, French, and perhaps Italian.

I am delighted to meetcha, Ma'am!

I have an article I wrote that I'd like to share with you, but I fear it is perhaps too radical to post on a reader-board. If you have no aversion to receiving e-mail from recently met saints, and there are no restrictions in place by Christian BBS, I'd send it your way that way. Feel free to decline by ignoring the question altogether if you like.

-apilgrim2 (Michael in Sacramento, California) grin4all2c@yahoo.com

--------------------
"Relativity applies to physics, NOT ethics." - A. Einstein

Posts: 49 | From: Sacramento California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by apilgrim2:
moi.

Oh? Parlez vous francais?
[My husband is french-Canadian [Wink] ]

quote:
http://www.geocities.com/thinginajug1@sbcglobal.net/apilgrimtoo.html
Hiya Michael [Smile]
I'm sister Pat [Wink]

quote:
I'm so glad I didn't take my Bible and go home too soon, because I am finding some wonderful saints on this board and I'm so pleased I happened upon it (surely by HIS Grace).
MEEE TOOO!

When I saw you say you were leaving I prayed the Lord for you! haha

It's important to have sweet fellowship with the Saints! [Big Grin]

For we see glimpses of our Lord in each and every one! [Big Grin]

quote:
In the name of Christ Jesus our LORD and Savior, the Head of His Body Whose members we are, and Who is at the right hand of the Father, and is surely about to STAND UP to receive the crowns and accolades for which only HE IS WORTHY!

Amen,

apilgrim2

John 12:28
Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

--------------------

apilgrim2
Advanced Member
Member # 7182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apilgrim2   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I posted this link elsewhere on this board, but this is the right place, so here's a little bit about moi.

http://www.geocities.com/thinginajug1@sbcglobal.net/apilgrimtoo.html

I'm so glad I didn't take my Bible and go home too soon, because I am finding some wonderful saints on this board and I'm so pleased I happened upon it (surely by HIS Grace).

In the name of Christ Jesus our LORD and Savior, the Head of His Body Whose members we are, and Who is at the right hand of the Father, and is surely about to STAND UP to receive the crowns and accolades for which only HE IS WORTHY!

Amen,

apilgrim2

--------------------
"Relativity applies to physics, NOT ethics." - A. Einstein

Posts: 49 | From: Sacramento California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Hi! [Big Grin]

Zeena is the pen name I've chosen and I use it wherever I am able so that people can get to know me [Smile] I have a new name on a white stone waiting for me in Heaven tho! HeHe

My witness is here -> http://lol.phpbbnow.com/viewtopic.php?t=13 on my forums [Smile]

I came by to witness your faith [Wink]

Colossians 2:5
For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

May God be Glorified in you all! [Smile]

--------------------

afisherofman
Advanced Member
Member # 6899

Icon 7 posted      Profile for afisherofman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all [Smile] ,

I am a newbee...just joined today and straight from Joy's words "i have found a way of talking to people about my faith, apart from my church."

I wanted to share with all of you a wonderful webpage, especially with Christmas approaching, to use as an invitation to all your unsaved loved ones ....
http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/xmas.htm

Make sure you have your speakers on

God bless all of you and your families [Bible]

afisherofman

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome Joy and Lora
betty [hug]

Posts: 35 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lora
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

My name's Lora and I'm from Varna, Bulgaria. I registered a few days ago and will be posting soon. God bless you all.

--------------------
I am spared by mercy, a child of his grace
Received into his favor despite my selfish ways

Posts: 6 | From: Varna, Bulgaria | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiopj
Advanced Member
Member # 6768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiopj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're here for a reason. The Lord's reason.

Good to "see" you!

Posts: 114 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy2Tworld
Advanced Member
Member # 6764

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Joy2Tworld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everybody

Finally i have found a way of talking to people about my faith, apart from my church. I believe i am here to help anybody who needs a question answering, even if i don't know the answer straight away, i will looking up, or ask at church. I believe thats the way God is going to use me at the moment. I hope that i can help people where i live aswell, when i have the confidence. Im glad to have joined.

God Bless
Joy2Tworld

Posts: 24 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome shorty, I am new here too.
I love discussions that bring out God's glory, and wondrous mercy. I believe that Jesus Christ is the main focus of the written Word as in heaven He is the Worthy One. It is all about Him.
I have four grown children and five grandchildren.
As an Air Force wife for many years, I understand you being alone. It is a hard task.
Stay in the Word, other books are good, but God will speak and lead through His Word, is my belief. I wish I had believed that sooner than I did, and studied more with Him.
Anyway, welcome from me to you.
In Christ

Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shorty5
Member # 6726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shorty5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey all. im a wife and mother of three ages 1,3and 5. being a stay home mum has its good and not so good points! my hubby is a truck driver, so away alot, which cause even more not so good points! but thinking positively, i wouldnt change any of it as i believe i have grown alot in the years, in all areas of my life. spiritually i have grown to stand on the Word of God and pray. For strength to keep going each day and for the needs of my huband and children. God always pulls through. not necessarily the way we think, but better!

--------------------
shorty

Posts: 6 | From: victoria | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeRick
Member # 6641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeRick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this here you introdue yourself? Im DeRick, i live in TX i'm a Christian but have alot of issues, so pleae bear with me.
Posts: 6 | From: Cozumel, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you brother David for the kind welcome and God bless you and your Ministries in Christ.

And I did check out the Prayer Chain Ministry and registered. God bless

Evang.dare

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Christian BBS Dare Smith.

[wave3]

May God bless you.

We also have a special message board setup just for prayer. You can visit it at:

http://www.onlineprayerchain.com

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I am Evangelist Dare Smith from the good state of North Carolina.

I have been Born again over thirty one years now,thank God for His saving grace .
we none deserve a thing but thank God for His mercy and grace that He so freely extends to all who will repent and Believe on His precious Son Jesus Christ .

I thank God for the priveledge and honour of being His child and I thank God that He saw fit to call me into His service and entrusted me with the Gospel to preach to a lost and dying world..I dont know why He chose me for that great and wonderful task but praise thank God that He did. I am so thankful so thankful that He did. Would have never dreamed such a thing in a million years but you see God's plans are not our plans.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR THAT

Anyway if I can be of any help to anyone please do not hesitate to let me know.I dont know all the answers and dont claim too, but u know what we serve one who does..amen to that.

Last March we began a Christian Message Board and it seemed to be going fairly well but I felt this pulling in me , Prayer prayer prayer

and I knew what the Lord was saying.

He wanted us to change it to an Online Prayer Ministry and two months after we opened we did just that .So you see we have our plans and God has His plans..Praise the Lord!

We live in a world of lost souls, hurting souls, confused souls,sick souls, sick bodies, discouraged souls,beaten down, down trodden, you name it they stand in need of prayer and we serve a loving merciful God and Saviour who cares , who cares about His creation even when they refuse to serve Him, He still cares.

Amen He does.

we do desire your prayers for the Lord's work there , that many souls will come to know the Lord as their Saviour thru the Lord's Ministry there, many encouraged and blessed, and we also stand in need of more dedicated Prayer Warriors so if u would pray for us we would so appreciate it.

and please feel free to visit us any time .

www.lambofgodministriesone.com

God bless
and remember, always walk in the faith of the Lord

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the message board Fran!

It is good to have you.

We do debate from time to time, but we try and be friendly about it.

Don't know if you can get many people together any where and have them all agree on everything.

God bless,
David

kskibble
Advanced Member
Member # 4858

Icon 16 posted      Profile for kskibble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi. my name is fran and i've been on the internet for a good little while now. although years back it was for the purpose of escaping from reality. a reality that was damaging me emotionally and mentally.
that's not the case now though praise God! [Big Grin]
i too have not found any place other than Christian message boards to go online where i can enjoy a relatively safe and clean environment. there is one secular site i still go to in order to visit with 2 friends but the place disgusts me to no end. i can barely stomach being in there anymore. although even Christian message boards are not perfect. i left one earlier this evening because of all the actual fighting there. i don't believe in my heart that God desires people to attack others with scripture like a bunch of school yard bullies and going into threads with the intent purpose of picking a fight. so i decided that was not a healthy environment for me to be in. i posted how i felt and told them all to take care and God bless. but i can honestly say i don't think i've seen such mean spirited Christians in my life besides one lady i work with.
anyway...it's late and i should get going.

Posts: 30 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendy C.
Member # 5852

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Wendy C.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quakinsorca:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and thought I would share my story. I am a 29 yr old single mom of two boys. 9&4. My oldest boy is struggling in school right now with some "behavior" problems and my 4 year old is a "special needs" child. He has neurological problems that Doctors can't pinpoint or dianose. He is as smart as a whip, but can't communicate vocally (his vocab is ah-ah-ah ah). He has "tremors" (unvoluntary shaking of the body) and has had a few "siezure" like episodes but has tested negative for seizures. We have been down to Children's Hospital located in Seattle, WA many times. Despite all this, he is a joy to the people that he meets, and has a smile that reminds me just how blessed I am.

I'll be the first to admit though, that I am not a perfect person.

I have a been a Christian for as long as I can remember, but walked away from the church I grew up in about twelve years ago, and I guess you could say that I walked away from God as well. I didn't forget Him by all means, but I couldnt understand why the preacher of the church would "preach" all the bad things we do that would send us to hell, then run off with a 14 yr old girl from the church, leaving his wife and church; or why God would allow things to happen in this world as they do. It put a "bad taste" in my mouth and I questioned a lot of things (but in the present a lot of things now have understanding)

A few years ago I got hooked on methamphatamine (crystal meth, speed) and began to struggle with this addiction. (but I never let it take away from childrens safety/well being/welfare; so I kept some control). But any extra money/time went on the addiction.

A couple years ago about the time my addiction started, my brother was tryng to get me to go to his church with him, but I would make up excuses why I couldn't go and/or even avoided him. He was persistant so to "get him off my back" I agreed to go. Really enjoyed it. It was a whole different kind of church. Non-denominational christian, modern, live "worship" band, and a GREAT pastor, but at the time my addiction was more important. So I would go on days I could stay "sober" to keep my family off my back.

On 10-18-03 I had a life changing moment with God. Our church had just started the "40 Days of Purpose" written by Rick Warren (an excellent book, part of what changed my life). I was at my lowest, coming down from days of being "high" finding out that my boyfriend at the time (which was my dealer) was sleeping around with girls that used needles.

So I began crying while "talking" to God asking him "what is my purpose in life?" and all of a sudden the word Aids popped into my head. "so that's it God, I've got aids." and began to cry more, thinking of my children. (yes, I know I should have thought about that long ago) then I heard a voice, not from my ears but from withn say to me "I am with you always, My child" and felt a warmth enclose my heart and I became at instant peace. However, satan tempted me one last time and on 10-25-03 I got high for the last time. (It made me sick for three days-puking. I believe it was God's way of turning me away from the drug, because I am terrified of puking.)

So I have been 13 months clean on the 25th, and still going through a series of blood tests, but so far so good, -HIV. I vouched my life to Christ, and life has been different ever since.

I love life and talking about Jesus any moment people will allow me to. I love my kids. I love all ranges of music, hiking, jogging, reading, playing piano, surfering the web, driving, taking my kids to new places and discovering the wonderful things that God has given us.

Phew...That's my story of how I became a "child of God". I love Jesus and I am very thankful to be a part of His abounding love, and family.

\
I agree, what an awesome witness you have, quakinsorca. I am new to this site and am glad I came upon this one. Being a single parent is hard work-Kudos to you! Keep your eyes on Jesus.
He is THE only WAY, He is THE only TRUTH, and He is The Only LIFE worth having.
God Bless,
Wendy

--------------------
HE is MY WAY, HE is MY TRUTH, HE is MY LIFE

Posts: 5 | From: Kelowna, B.C. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendy C.
Member # 5852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wendy C.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
quote:
Originally posted by Ambariel:
Hello there!

I'm Ambariel and I live in Tennessee.

I have been around the internet and back and looks like I have finally found a christian BB that has more than five members actually posting, which is great. When things get slow at work or at home I do like to take part in discussions.

Hi Ambariel!

I've only been on here a couple of months myself, but welcome aboard! I thought it was pretty amusing, then reliazed, pretty sad, about your "more than five members actually posting" remark because it is so true.

I have been to so many Christian websites that have message forums (even commercial sites) and they are completely dead. Tried it myself (and I get a fair amount of traffic) and have talked with other webmasters who have tried it. It just seems that Christians do not like to participate in message forums. This one is definately unique. Perhaps it is because of the events that you experienced that they stay away. It is sad, because there are so many non-Christian message forums that always seem to be full of activity, but nothing in the Christian ones.

You'll notice it is not all peace and harmony here; there is a lot of debating that goes on. But at least we all love Jesus and that is the difference between here and the other boards you experienced.

Hi, I totally agree with you about " I don't see why you can't be a christian everywhere you go, and I take my faith in game with me."

In fact, I believe our Christianity is who we are-I can't seperate myself from it!
Welcome to the group!
Wendy

--------------------
HE is MY WAY, HE is MY TRUTH, HE is MY LIFE

Posts: 5 | From: Kelowna, B.C. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello FCAgirl2405! Welcome! [wave3]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FCAgirl2405
First Post
Member # 5694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FCAgirl2405     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, i'm Cassady. I live in northern Indiana and i'm 14 years old. I'm a member of FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) hence the name. I've been a Christian for about three years, and even though i've taught 2 FCA lessons already, i'm nervous about teaching one this Wednesday, May 10th. i'm partnering with a friend, and we are going to teach about talents and abilities and how to use what God has given you. If you have any ideas, scripture references, that kind of stuff, i'd be open to hearing them. I'm glad to be here and to be able to grow in Christ.
Posts: 1 | From: Syracuse, Indiana | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board, proudaunt! [wave3]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome proudaunt. Praying for all the best for your nephew. Looking forward to seeing the trailer of his new movie. [thumbsup2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
proudaunt
Member # 5551

Icon 7 posted      Profile for proudaunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I am new to the boards. I am hoping to get the word out to anyone who is interested about my nephew's new Christian movie titled "Between the Walls". I am a very proud aunt, as you can see by my name! For information please go to www.glowingnose.com and click on "Between the Walls". The movie is about forgiveness, compassion, and personal faith. I think it will be a smash hit! It will be released in June 2006. It can be used in church screenings for retreats and such. Of course, it will also be avaiable for purchase. My nephew is going to be a big star someday! Enjoy the site and watch for the upcoming trailer at www.glowingnose.com.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement