Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Music in my heart

Author Topic: Music in my heart
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sky, I will keep you in my prayers. I know what you are doing is a good thing. Our church has about four praise teams, more added as members come forward. We spend lots of time in praise and worship before service, even have a dance team and a children's dance team. I am not talented that way, only God can appreciate my voice, a choir would not.

I am wondering if you have asked your members what songs they want to sing?

Once a new church formed in our area and they asked our pastor if he could loan a praise team to them for awhile until they could get a praise team started. Is it possible that there is a church that would be willing to come and visit your church for week, to let your church know the power of praise.

Remember the snowball effect, a snowball starts out small, but once it gets rolling it grows and grows, have patience, I know that you will do well with it.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather,
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am sticking with it. Unless the Lord has other things for me to do, this is where I will be. I want to work with the kids too. They are so full of energy and I worked with them during VBS. I think the tough part for me is that no one wants to really commit to this. But I keep praying and I know that God is gonna do something with us. Even if we become a kazoo band! [Razz]
Again, thanks for the encouragement. Please pray for us.
God Bless,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sky, I know how disheartning that can be, but keep going. An increase from one member to four is good. Whatever you do, keep being enthusiastic, make sure the 4 are aware of how much you appreciate their help. Praise them and make sure they are up front singing in front of the church ASAP, that way others will want to join. And, fellowshipping is a good thing as well, it makes choir more fun and might encourage others to join. Also, what about the little children, can they be invited up to sing a song like "Jesus Loves Me", you could work with them during Sunday school time.

If your church has a bulletin or newsletter write an encouraging note for people and keep inviting. Sometimes people are afraid to commit to something if they don't feel that it is going to be lasting, so the more you make your presence known, and people begin to see you are in the position to stay they will want to come.

Emphasize how good it is to serve God and how important worship leaders and praise choirs are.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 19 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I would give an update. Tonight was the third meeting of the choir. Our biggest group, 4 people showed. I am not sure that I am going to be able to keep this together. I am still dishearted by it all. Because we are getting some much needed rain and some storming, everyone was gone within an hour. The first 15 minutes of which was spent fellowshipping (that is not a complaint), but we went through the song two times and everyone was ready to go. Not sure what to do. Please keep praying for this group.
In His continual Service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Hey Sky, I think all have said it well, if Yahweh has given you a task to do, He will streanthen you to preform it. Don't forget the power of prayer and fasting. Stand in the gap for the praise and worship, I pray for Yahweh's anointing to be upon you.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/u/guideme.htm

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,

[or Guide me, O Thou great Redeemer…]

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield;
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.

Lord, I trust Thy mighty power,
Wondrous are Thy works of old;
Thou deliver’st Thine from thralldom,
Who for naught themselves had sold:
Thou didst conquer, Thou didst conquer,
Sin, and Satan and the grave,
Sin, and Satan and the grave.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of deaths, and hell’s destruction,
Land me safe on Canaan’s side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to Thee;
I will ever give to Thee.

Musing on my habitation,
Musing on my heav’nly home,
Fills my soul with holy longings:
Come, my Jesus, quickly come;
Vanity is all I see;
Lord, I long to be with Thee!
Lord, I long to be with Thee!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you!

Maybe drag out the phone list and leave a few messages Thurday day!

May God bring you lots of wonderful voices and may you praise for HIM fill the House! Amen!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday night at 7:00 I will be there to lead the choir. Whether any one else is or not. I am going to be a ME SHOW regardless of what everyone else wants to do. Thanks so much for all of the help. I am still a little let down by this all. But I am doing this to glorify God, so I will go forth, as my Savior wants me to do. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again!

In His continual Service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree dont be discouraged. We all lead such hectic lives today. It is very likely that because this has not been the routine for a time, folks got distracted with the end of summer/returning to school incidentals and forgot the meeting.

I know that is not thoughtful, but may very well be innocent, and is certainly understandble.

Sometimes the appointments God gives us are not "NO Shows" but "ME Shows"; sometimes it is about us being prepared and being disiplined and remembering to be where we are supposed to be. These "me show" appointments build in us patience and disipline. What is important is that YOU SHOWED and you did it for him!

Dont see it as a NO SHOW but see it as a ME SHOW; God honors our ME Shows and often gives us bigger and more important tasks to boot because we have proved our faithfulness and our obedience.

God Bless you richly for being a Me Show!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get discouraged. Each person will have his or her own reason for not being there, and on that scale, they probably felt it wasnt a big deal for them to miss.

I would recommend that you talk to those who planned to be there individually and tell them how much you missed them and how valuable they are as a member of the choir. If they see thta they are needed and valued, they will make a deeper commitment to be involved.

I would encourage you to continually contact those who miss. And not just those who are already wanting to be in the choir, but others in the church who may want to but feel out of place. Get to know all members and discover their giftings. Ask each member personally if they feel being a part of the choir is something the Lord desires them to do. Some wont be gifted to do such, some wont be interested, but all deserve to be cared for as individuals and to know that they are welcome if that is what the Lord desires of them. And if they feel they are truely valued, they will serve faithfully.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh 150 people---we are lucky if we have 30--- oh well----I have no advice for you except keep seeking Gods will---maybe He has something else in store for you----HUGS anyway-----Keep looking up maybe you"ll get to lead singing in Heaven one day-----

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sky!!! Don't be discouraged!!! If the LORD wants you to take this upon yourself ; it will happen!!! I would ask the ones that are there on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights ; they are often the ones that are the most ready to serve!!! Even ask some of the older youth and get their help. My church sounds real similar to yours. We have around 20 people in the choir and they are the ones I have described above.
But if it doesn't happen at this time don't forget about this. GOD may see future circumstances that would hamper your service. Maybe even set up practice for after services on Wednesday nights. They would already be there. I hope GOD blesses you and your family!!!
Allen

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 8 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, not even sure that anyone wants to hear this, but I need advice, help, something. I am a member of a rather small church. We have an attendance of usually less than 150. I have been attending this church for over a year, but been a member for only 8 months. Ok, with that said... I really got my feelings hurt tonight. You see, one of the things we did not have was a choir director. I have directed choirs before and find it a great service. So, the pastor and I were talking and I felt that this is where the Lord wanted me to be. So, on Aug 3 we had a choir meeting directly after Sunday services, at which time I asked the choir (about 10 people) what night was best to have practice. After a very short discussion, we came up with Thursday nights at 7pm. Beginning tonight. Sooo... at 6:45 I arrive at the church and get things together...I might add just how excited I was...and be ready when my choir arrived. Singing praises to God for the blessing of this service... I was ready! Seven comes, 7:10, and here comes one....7:30 no one....7:45 I leave. I am totally dishearted by this. I am very hurt. This group was so excited to have a choir director, to have me, then only one shows. What do I do? There was a choir before, but because of lack of a pianist and a director that was willing to make time for it, it had folded. I have a very busy life and with school starting and the return of all the kids, 5 of them, I am even more busy. Yet I find time for this as well as many other church activities. Where do I go from here? Any advice?
Trying to be of service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement