Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I "turned off" a couple of people...

Author Topic: I "turned off" a couple of people...
Lar2
Member # 15723

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Lar2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your comments to me here, Betty.

I spoke too quickly: without really thinking about the effect that it would have on these two Muslim people. I didn't speak in anger though... I just "stuck my foot in my mouth," I guess. And wow - were they ever sensitive about what I had done.

All I really wanted to do was to witness to them, and to continue to guide them both to Jesus.

But you're right: I should "let it go" now, and get on with my life.

Incidentally, thanks ever so much for your prayers for me! ... [Prayer]

Lar2(Lar)

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

Posts: 6 | From: upstate New York - USA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lar,

I would gladly pray for you and that God will give you, your answer. My mouth has gotten me in trouble in the past. Even now, I can be quick to anger. It could the two people have left this board. Their intention may have been to convert people to the Muslim faith. The best thing you can do is pray for both of them. I shall pray that God will give you peace. God has forgiven you and now you need to forgive yourself.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lar2
Member # 15723

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Lar2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I am a born-again Christian, and a while back, (when I was using my former username of Lar) I "turned off" a couple of people here on the BBS - by way of my making foolish remarks to them, and I now have not heard from either one of them since then. The one thing that they both have in common (to my knowledge) is that they are both Muslims who are (or who were?) seeking the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have written to them a number of times now - trying to apologize, but they are apparently not willing to forgive me for what I had (foolishly) said to them.

However, it was *never* my desire to "turn them off" to me. As a matter of fact, quite the contrary is true.

I won't mention their names (to protect their privacy), but would you please pray that they would both forgive me, and that they would both write me private messages here on the BBS again?

Thank you very much.

-- Lar2(Lar)

--------------------
"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

Posts: 6 | From: upstate New York - USA | Registered: Jun 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement