Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Good grades College and disturbed roommates

Author Topic: Good grades College and disturbed roommates
exceedingly excellent
First Post
Member # 14178

Icon 16 posted      Profile for exceedingly excellent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi my situation is currently I'm a science major which I am fully convinced I want to do. I live with my family members who consist of my alcoholic uncle,  cousin 22 years old female, who doesn't communicate with me because of criticizing me for the past, her 6 dogs, her unemployed boyfriend, pot head,  aunt who has a tumor and always is negative,  and my single mother who is trying to make sure that I stay in school despite all these social pressures that are not only demoralizing but contradictory to an environment that invites and incites thriving and building a bright outcome. Can you provide some commentary on my situation am currently a community college student after quiting my job as a nursing assistant. In addition I live in a broken down neighborhood plagued with corruption,  the uneducated,  and those that seem to add more fire to the problem. I am trying to not conform to social pressures. What input do you have.  Thanks for sharing. At the same time my aunt, uncle and their daughters seem a little uneased by the fact that I am homeless, living at the house they payed by living on a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.  Also,  they have two daughters/ my cousins who have no problem with not attending college.  Furthermore,  the one who is living at home is the same way as me,  22 years old,  but since I moved in with my aunt she decided to move in to the house also.  She tried becoming independent since she got herself a boyfriend but supposedly they are not able to live in the apartment they were renting because their contract doesn't allow any pets without a fee policy.  Thus they we're persuaded to come back and live with her parents. The boyfriend doesn't work because the doctor diagnosed him with superior messenteric artery syndrome disease and says he cannot eat and will throw up if he does.  I'm not sure if he has any mental illnesses and is disabled. In addition,  my cousin the 22 year old female I shared about earlier pushed us out,  not literally but kicked us out passively from the room she used to sleep in before the left her parents house to live with the boy she obsessed about and hooked up with in college.  So my mom and I had to sleep in the room next door where there is no air ventilation unless you open a window on the side wall.  All this and she persisted to drop out of her community college classes and they always are getting high,  screaming at her dogs,  going in and out the house and listening to loud music. What do you advice for someone contained in this environment and trying to get into the academic environment? Please pray for me.
Posts: 1 | From: tx | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement