Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Surgery

Author Topic: Surgery
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made it through surgery. He put 4 holes. I am in a lot of pain
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surgery is set for next Tuesday.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you Carol and I agree. I pray that I don't die for my kids sake. My husband has had a stroke and is mostly a kind gentleman but there are days that I can barely live with him. The kids they cannot deal with him on those days.
Betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with you Betty. If you are willing, consider this. I read it today as I was thinking about you, and I feel blessed by it. I hope you will benefit also...

Gold in the Making
John B. Pearrell

In his book Gold in the Making, Ron Lee Davis tells the story of Don. One day Don noticed that he had a growth on his left ear. It turned out to be cancer. Don was very concerned over this and started to study his Bible, particularly Romans 8:28. As he studied this passage he came to realize that if he made himself available to God, God would accomplish his good, regardless of whether it felt good or not. Dr. Davis goes on to say: "Then Don knelt and prayed, 'Lord Jesus, I know you are the Great Physician, and I know you can heal me of this tumor.' Most of us would stop there, but Don went on praying, 'But, Lord, if you can get more good out of my life—more of your good—by allowing me to have cancer, then I would like to keep the cancer.'" Don kept the cancer, but during his hospital stay he won his roommate to Christ. Today that roommate is a missionary in South America. He led a nurse's aide to Christ. Today she ministers not only to people's physical needs, but their spiritual needs as well. He also led a man who is one of America's most influential businessmen to Christ. And all because Don was willing to let God work through him, no matter what the cost to [Don] might be. Dr. Davis concludes: "Everything in life can be used for God's good, if—if we are available, if we are willing to demonstrate a kind of maturity and character that the world does not understand, if we are willing to be conformed to the image of Christ."

(Practical Christianity)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I need to see a surgeon this week about removing my gallbladder . Primary care doctor is concerned I will have to have emergency surgery
Betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement