Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Pray for Robin Williams' family

Author Topic: Pray for Robin Williams' family
Stan.
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Stan,

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry your first wife gave up on you. I guess in a way I am lucky that my hubby has depression issues. He puts up with me and I, him. Maybe there is a special award in Heaven for Christians who deal with emotional and mental issues. But I do know God if faithful. May God bless you.
Betty

Well me and the marriage and the family we had.
Funny thing is my second marriage was to a person with depression, and it only lasted 4 years compared to the 23 with the first one. Bottom line is if you don't put God first in a marriage, it will not work well.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stan,

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry your first wife gave up on you. I guess in a way I am lucky that my hubby has depression issues. He puts up with me and I, him. Maybe there is a special award in Heaven for Christians who deal with emotional and mental issues. But I do know God if faithful. May God bless you.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan.
unregistered

quote:
Thank you for asking. Most of have been on medication at one time or another. My youngest sister was bipolar like Robin. She also committed suicide. I was. On medication last year, but I am doing better now. The Lord helps me every day.
Betty

I was clinically diagnosed with depression back in the mid 90s. I also suffered from panic disorders. The first few years were terrible and finally I got on some good meds. For the past 10 years I have been well controlled and I TAKE my meds daily. Many people give up on them because they are either making them feel like a zombie or they feel better and think they don't need them anymore. Self diagnosis is the worst thing a person can do. Sadly my first wife gave up on me and left me.
I agree, the Lord helps us every day as long as we do what we know we should do.
God Bless.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for asking. Most of have been on medication at one time or another. My youngest sister was bipolar like Robin. She also committed suicide. I was. On medication last year, but I am doing better now. The Lord helps me every day.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan.
unregistered

quote:
My family all deal with depression. I feel so bad for his family.
Betty

Do they deal with it by being proactive or putting up with the highs and lows?
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

My family all deal with depression. I feel so bad for his family.
Betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement