Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » "Family Friendly" Cinema

Author Topic: "Family Friendly" Cinema
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your suggestion TB. I have ruled out churches because I am trying to reach those who would never darken the door of a church. Believers will come to the theatre because they want to see the Christian films. I'm hoping the fact that I will also feature secular films will draw those non-believers. The SBA will lend me the money only if I have excellent credit. Mine went south a few years back. I need to find a Believer (or Believers) who see the vision as I do to back me.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a local church in your community that would be willing to work with you to provide such a ministry? It might be offered as a weekly "Family Film Night". I pop corn machine in the church's kitchen might produce these snacks for your customers, and a soda machine or cooler could provide them with some refreshing drinks. The purchase of a ticket for each viewer should cover the cost of the rented films and any costs for personnel to operate the equipment and clean the church's facilities.

If a local church doesn't want to work with you on this project, it sounds to me like it might be funded with a small business loan with the theater being operated as a profitable business.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some years now it has been my desire to open a "Family Friendly" cinema in our town which would feature some of the excellent Christian films being produced today as well as wholesome entertainment films. I see it as a way to reach people for the Lord out in the community. God has given me 25 years experience in the theatre business. Now He needs to provide the funding. Please pray for me and this project. Thank you.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement