Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Job Situation

Author Topic: Job Situation
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the update. please pray that Mark my son in law will get a job, too

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 8 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been here lately, sorry I haven't posted an update. I thank you for your prayers & need to praise God that I have been working since Oct. 9th. Sorry I didn't update sooner!

[clap2]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spirit Seeker
Member # 5841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spirit Seeker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear of your impending job loss. I know exactly how you feel. I will pray for your job situation and hope that your prayers will be answered soon.

My husband lost his job over a year ago. He had applied for literally thousands of jobs and had an interview a day for over a year. I know that sounds far fetched, but I kept track of his interviews and job applications. We questioned God about why he wasn't getting offered a job. We continued to pray and keep the faith. He finally got offered a really good job with a company and worked for them for 4 months before they decided to let him go. Again we questioned God, prayed and kept the faith.

Now, we expect to have a job offer for him this week. I have started a new business and developed a website for it so I can help make ends meet. All that to say, God has provided for us through all of this. We haven't been late on a bill, we haven't had our house foreclosed on, we haven't gone without food, we have continued to tithe in church and we didn't have a dime in savings before he lost his job.

I am saying to you, keep your faith, keep praying, keep tithing, keep a good attitude, look for miracles, and God will give you everything you need. He is just bringing you to the start of a new path and you are going to have a wonderful time on your new adventure!

--------------------
Through God all things are possible!

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SrvnHim:
This has happened to me also and to several close family members.

Let me re-phrase... This has happened to me in the past. [1zhelp] [Wink]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has happened to me also and to several close family members. I know how stressful this situation can be - being out of work and looking for a job. I will pray for you, that God will give you peace and open many doors for you! [Prayer]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray that God will open the door for a better job for you, and for God to give you peace as you wait on Him.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
I was notified today that my position is being eliminated. My last day is June 30th. I would appreciate any prayers regarding a new job.

Thank you and God bless.

[Prayer]

These is where the body of Christ comes in, in prayer for the fellow bother in times of need.

Father I come to Thee in humblenes in Christ Jesus, that You may provide according to Thy righteous will to the brother in Christ for his last day of employment is June 30th.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father I pray that as one door is being shut that you will open yet another and better door of employment for redkermit your faithful servent. Amen.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 18 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was notified today that my position is being eliminated. My last day is June 30th. I would appreciate any prayers regarding a new job.

Thank you and God bless.

[Prayer]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement