Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » depressed

Author Topic: depressed
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord,
I lift KnowHim up to you right now. I pray that you would be the lifter of her head. You are an Encourager, Comforter, and an ever present Help in time of trouble. I pray that Know Him would draw close to You in her time of sorrow and gloom. Please lift her spirits and put a smile on her face as You embrace her in Your matchless love. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Know Him, I would like to share the following, that I entitled Depression Combat for myself. I originally wrote it to Just Me here on the board. I hope you are blessed by the Scriptures I mention. May God bless you.

First of all God loves Himself- but He is the One most entitled to do so- wouldn't you agree? He's perfect in every way- flawless and beautiful, all-powerful and glorious.
Secondly, God is good- we need to believe that and not question His character- He wants our best & plans it. Jeremiah 29:11 He has determined all our days before there was one of them. Psalm 139:16 We are created for good works prepared for us to walk in. Ephesians 2:10 All things work together for good to those that love the Lord Romans 8:28 He Who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it. Phillipians 1:6 It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. Luke 12:32
Thirdly, we are loved with an everlasting love that we cannot be separated from. Romans 8:37-39 God will freely give us all things. Romans 8:32 We have been blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3 "In love He predestined us to adoption as sons throuh Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will," Ephesian 1:4b-5 See also John 17:25-26.
Fourthly, Christ desires that His joy will be made full in us- John 17:13, John 15:11
Fifthly, God guards us- John 17:12 and gives us eternal life and will not let any of His own be snatched out of His hand. John 10:28-29
Sixthly, The Holy Spirit is our Helper. John 14:26 God is our shelter from the storms of life Psalm 91, Isaiah 43:1-5
Seventhly, God gives us peace not as the world gives John 14:27 God is our Comforter and strengthens and protects us. II Thess. 2:16-17, II Thess. 3:3
Eightly, We should be glad God loves Himself so much that He wanted to portray the display of His love and mercy He did towards us. And He paid a big price for it too- Jesus agonized over it in the garden, He cried out on the cross when the Father, Whom He had been with from eternity past had to turn His back on Him for Christ became sin for us to accomplish the sacrifice and take the punishment necessary to appease the justice of a most Holy God. He did that for us, justme.
Ninthly, knowing all of this, how can we complain, murmuring about our lot in life? And we do have the choice to obey or not to obey- to live a joyous life or to live the life of a Christian miserable because of not obeying. Where would we be without God?
I recommend you check out this website:
http://wwwdesiringGod.org
Try the series on Christian hedonism.
Try the series entitled The Pleasures of God.
You'll be blessed if you listen with an open heart!

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord I lift maria up to You. Touch her with Your gentle love and restore joy to her spirit. Lift every burden from her heart and allow her to feel peace in knowing You are in control. In jesus name amen
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 18 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From_Online_Prayer_Chain: - www.onlineprayerchain.com
Prayer_Request:
Praise_Report:
Name: Maria Ortiz
email: marie4g@yahoo.com
Send_Email_Prayer: Yes send me email prayers.
Post_on_bbs: Yes post my prayer request on the BBS.
Date: Sunday January 12, 2003
Time: 11:40:26 AM

Prayer_Praise:

god father in heaven for several weeks now I have felt really depressed there is nothing that makes me happy or smile I am trying so hard it is probably all of my health problems my sadness due to loved ones dying please give me strenth to overcome this I want to smile and be happy to share with others in fellowship , please give me strenth I love you jesus.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement